Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand: Time for a spiritual revolution

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Default Russell Brand: Time for a spiritual revolution

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

aranuk (28th August 2014), Cidersomerset (28th August 2014), Dorjezigzag (28th August 2014), etheric underground (28th August 2014), ghostrider (28th August 2014), Jake (28th August 2014), Lancelot (2nd September 2014), Mercedes (28th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (28th August 2014), thepainterdoug (28th August 2014), WhiteFeather (28th August 2014), Wind (28th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Russell Brand: Time for a spiritual revolution

Well I don't need some skanky, verbose, paronising ex smackhead to tell me about spirituality. Maybe he should have told this to Andrew Sachs rather than what a great shag his granddaughter was, oh how soon people forget.
    then there is nice mr sheridan's view of self publicist/ godfigure brand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q538glD8S84

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

BIG CAT (28th August 2014), Bongo (28th August 2014), Cidersomerset (28th August 2014), PlasmaVortex (2nd July 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I find this man nauseating and absolutely despicable, he thinks that if he tries to sound philosophical by stringing along sentences using long words and talking about narratives etc people will consider him intelligent.
    As he stated he's egotistic. he's a thicko from Grays Essex who made it big from acting the goat.
    Plus he really could do with a BATH...........

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BIG CAT For This Post:

Cidersomerset (28th August 2014), PlasmaVortex (2nd July 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Quote I find this man nauseating and absolutely despicable, he thinks that if he tries to sound philosophical by stringing along sentences using long words and talking about narratives etc people will consider him intelligent.
    As he stated he's egotistic. he's a thicko from Grays Essex who made it big from acting the goat.
    Plus he really could do with a BATH...........
    Mmmmeeeeeeee ooooooowwwwwwwwwWWWW .....or was that a ROAR !!

I like him , he is a recovering addict and annoying but he is not afraid
    to have a go at the establishment. I'm not a fan of his ' comedy' though
    but some of his interviews are good and he is not thick.

Nick Pope is one of the few that gets me annoyed with his
    pretence on disclosure. Not everyone resonates with each
    other but as a 'Greys' boy surely he is in the right field..LOL

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Carmen (29th August 2014), Dorjezigzag (28th August 2014), John Hilton (18th September 2023), Mare (31st August 2014), Mark (8th March 2023), Mercedes (28th August 2014), Omni (28th August 2014), Skyhaven (28th August 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Wow, nice judgments and ad hominems in this thread!
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), Leena (28th August 2014), Mark (8th March 2023), Skyhaven (28th August 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

just search-engine (like start with YouTube) Larkin Rose for another viewpoint of Russell Brand

Larry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

donk (28th August 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Why so much judgement and negativity. I'm not a fan of R. B. either but the fact that he speaks out and wants to make the planet better for all concerned is enough. I'm not often logging in to any forums etc anymore just because all the negativity and crap people are throwing on each other's faces. Just because somebody looks like this or talks like that or is from Essex or Texas or Granada - why does it matter! Isn't it the richness of human kind? We are alll different and yet all cells of the same body, isn't that just fantastic!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leena For This Post:

Carmen (29th August 2014), Mare (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (28th August 2014), Wind (28th August 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)

as I stated as a response to a previous thread, do go to YouTube and search Larken Rose's take on Russell Brand-

Larry
    I posted one over here, it was great…thanks for the suggestion:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post870133

I personally find the “judgements” and “ad hominems” educational, and appreciate any thought (or emotional outburst) anyone would care to present. (I also appreciate forum rules, keeping it civil, and limiting the extreme negative personal attacks on individuals…but when it comes to public celebs, I like getting a feel for what others think of them)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Leena (here)
    Why so much judgement and negativity. I'm not a fan of R. B. either but the fact that he speaks out and wants to make the planet better for all concerned is enough. I'm not often logging in to any forums etc anymore just because all the negativity and crap people are throwing on each other's faces. Just because somebody looks like this or talks like that or is from Essex or Texas or Granada - why does it matter! Isn't it the richness of human kind? We are alll different and yet all cells of the same body, isn't that just fantastic!
    Some "cells" are cancer...and your immune system think they are just fine....until they are not

I agree there are some "negative" ways to express information....and emotional attachments don't solve problems...but may be more helpful than ignoring or sugarcoating them

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hey donk, ok for me. I just don't find the above emotional bursts "educational" or "civil". I don't mean we shouldn't say what we mean or keep quiet in order never to hurt anybody. I totally agree on speaking out and even showing your emotional responses to things, after all we are sentient beings. But I find the cheap comments rather childish and think that when criticism is given it ought to have a level higher than the opinions aired above.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leena For This Post:

donk (28th August 2014), Mare (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (28th August 2014), Wind (28th August 2014)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Hey donk, ok for me. I just don't find the above emotional bursts "educational" or "civil". I don't mean we shouldn't say what we mean or keep quiet in order never to hurt anybody. I totally agree on speaking out and even showing your emotional responses to things, after all we are sentient beings. But I find the cheap comments rather childish and think that when criticism is given it ought to have a level higher than the opinions aired above.
    I agree with you Leena... although negativity is fine, but let it be with a bit more thought behind it than just some shallow statements, but then again if people choose to use this forum as a vent for built up hatred... whatever floats your boat!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

donk (28th August 2014)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Meh, I prefer overt hostility to passive aggressiveness...to each their own...i did mispeak with "civil", but it is very educational: it tells you a lot about the poster, anyways...

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Russel brand to me seems like the wolf in sheeps clothing getting everybody on side by speaking the truth but then slowly leading his followers away from the correct path. At the moment he is singing the right tune addressing that we want change in our lives and a better society and if he turns out to genuinely want that for the rest of us then so be it. But until that point I will remember that he is a higher up mason, this in its self should make people sit up and take notice. If he has turned his back on it then fair enough but I really don't see it to be honest. The elites like to cover all areas from all angles and an awakening of the masses unguided will tend to be uncontrollable but with the right person leading it getting people on side would be very useful to wait till he has lots of followers on his side then totalitarian tip toe in to the elites plan.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongo For This Post:

aheb (28th August 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    negativity is fine
    The only difference between positivity and negativity is the one who reads it and judges it as so.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongo For This Post:

aheb (28th August 2014), BIG CAT (10th September 2014), donk (28th August 2014), Skyhaven (28th August 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

ok well look at my post

Do you think somebody who tells an ageing well liked actor that his grandaughter is great shag on national radio in front of millions of listeners is spiritual? is an ex smackhead a worthy role model?
    I think the word "truther" is a little overused for people who lack any credible discernment of their fellow beings.

The point being is that brand puts himself up as some kind of messiah, talking gibberish about economics and politics which he clearly knows nothing about,he criticises the wealthy and yet he is a multi millionaire......and he is in the limelight where he wants to be, and so, as far as I am concerned he is a justifiable target. What has he done with his own time and money to help anybody else? all he is is a self publicist as mr sheridan said in his video

If you watch the video mr sheridan points out that all this spiritual malarky is a 5 year film project that little russy is involved in, which I imagine is very remunerative for our would be messiah.
    Last edited by aheb; 28th August 2014 at 21:31.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to aheb For This Post:

BIG CAT (10th September 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bongo (here)
    negativity is fine
    The only difference between positivity and negativity is the one who reads it and judges it as so.
    Yes, on that abstraction level your right... objectively everything is neutral, but we're not objects but human beings with feelings so we can kind of sense on what side of the emotional spectrum certain utterances are situated.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Bongo (28th August 2014), donk (28th August 2014), Wind (28th August 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

negativity is fine
    Yes, on that abstraction level your right... objectively everything is neutral, but we're not objects but human beings with feelings so we can kind of sense on what side of the emotional spectrum certain utterances are situated.
    The emotional spectrum it was written in is not the problem, the emotional spectrum it is received in is. It is the thing that causes us to react internally. Was it really necessary to try and counter act the perceived negativity? Generally when these reactions happen we end up just going in circles.

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aheb (here)

ok well look at my post

Do you think somebody who tells an ageing well liked actor that his grandaughter is great shag on national radio in front of millions of listeners is spiritual? is an ex smackhead a worthy role model?
    I think the word "truther" is a little overused for people who lack any credible discernment of their fellow beings.

The point being is that brand puts himself up as some kind of messiah, talking gibberish about economics and politics which he clearly knows nothing about,he criticises the wealthy and yet he is a multi millionaire......and he is in the limelight where he wants to be, and so, as far as I am concerned he is a justifiable target. What has he done with his own time and money to help anybody else? all he is is a self publicist as mr sheridan said in his video

If you watch the video mr sheridan points out that all this spiritual malarky is a 5 year film project that little russy is involved in, which I imagine is very remunerative for our would be messiah.
    I think you are shooting the messenger here...

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Omni (28th August 2014)

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Was it really necessary to try and counter act the perceived negativity?
    I generally don't care much about the negativity, but I do care about how other people here feel about these kinds of reactions. In essence I was supporting Leena here...
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 28th August 2014 at 22:28.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Bongo (28th August 2014)

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

at least he gives a voice , and takes on mainstream head on , as an insider like him or not , he can affect change in a positive direction ... as long as it gets sleepers to start thinking , I say march on with your bad self ole boy ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

donk (28th August 2014), Skyhaven (28th August 2014), Wind (28th August 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast