Thread: The Fluoride Thread

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

Default The Fluoride Thread

Just out in these past few days:

Quote Water Fluoridation Officially Classified as a Neurotoxin
    March 10, 2014 by Barbara Minton

(Health Secrets) The fluoridation of water supplies began more than 60 years ago, and helped usher in the beginning of the “better living through chemistry” era in which we have found ourselves. Another benchmark of this era is the meteoric rise in neuro-developmental disabilities such as autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), bi-polar disorder, dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments that have afflicted millions of children worldwide with increasing frequency. Now scientists have documented the connection between these two events, in a study published this month in the journal Lancet Neurology.

The study led its authors, Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health, and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine, to classify fluoride as a developmental neurotoxin, meaning it is toxic to brain cells. As a result, cognitive development is impaired and intelligence quotient (IQ) is reduced.

They write, “A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations.” The majority of these studies showed levels of fluoride at concentrations which the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) currently allows in the US, which is less than 4 milligrams per liter.

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) 276 million Americans are still consuming fluoridated drinking water. The CDC along with the American Dental Association has long been a strong advocate for water fluoridation.

Fluoride joins the rouges gallery of industrial chemicals injuring developing brains

The same research team conducted a systematic review in 2006, and identified five industrial chemicals as developmental neurotoxins: lead, methyl mercury, polychlorinated biphenyls, arsenic, and toluene. Since then, epidemiological studies have documented six additional developmental neurotoxins: manganese, chlorpyrifos, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, tetrachloroethylene, the polybrominated diphenyl ethers, and now fluoride. The scientists postulate that even more neurotoxicants remain undiscovered.

Harm from neurotoxins is often untreatable and the damage is permanent. The pharmaceutical drugs that have become so popular and profitable for treating chemically injured brains do nothing to heal. Instead they simply mask the symptoms temporarily but ultimately cause even greater dysfunction through their side effects, one of which is brain shrinkage.

Gandjean and Landrigan note their concern that children worldwide are “being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievement, and damaging societies.” According to them, it is crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children’s brain development.

To control the pandemic of developmental neurotoxity, they are proposing a global prevention strategy that would include mandatory testing of chemicals and the formation of a clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity, alone and in combination. “Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean states. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Commenting on the classification of fluoride as a dangerous neurotoxin, Fluoride Action Network Executive Director Paul Connett, PhD, said “adding more fluoride to American’s already excessive intake no longer has any conceivable justification. We should follow the evidence and try to reduce fluoride intake, not increase it.”

Fluoride is not easily eliminated from the body. It accumulates in bones and teeth, and even in the pineal gland. As many as 41% of teens and adults who have grown up with water fluoridation have dental fluorosis, a mottling of their tooth enamel. Other conditions linked to long term intake of fluoridated water are DNA damage, cancer, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, endocrine disruption (particularly to the thyroid), inability to focus, accelerated aging, lowered immunity, sleep disorders, and muted psychic awareness and spiritual development.
    http://alignlife.com/articles/news/w...s-a-neurotoxin

Quote Lancet Neurol. 2014 Mar;13(3):330-338. doi: 10.1016/S1474-4422(13)70278-3. Epub 2014 Feb 17.
    Neurobehavioural effects of developmental toxicity.
    Grandjean P1, Landrigan PJ2.
    Author information
    Abstract

Neurodevelopmental disabilities, including autism, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments, affect millions of children worldwide, and some diagnoses seem to be increasing in frequency. Industrial chemicals that injure the developing brain are among the known causes for this rise in prevalence. In 2006, we did a systematic review and identified five industrial chemicals as developmental neurotoxicants: lead, methylmercury, polychlorinated biphenyls, arsenic, and toluene. Since 2006, epidemiological studies have documented six additional developmental neurotoxicants-manganese, fluoride, chlorpyrifos, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, tetrachloroethylene, and the polybrominated diphenyl ethers. We postulate that even more neurotoxicants remain undiscovered. To control the pandemic of developmental neurotoxicity, we propose a global prevention strategy. Untested chemicals should not be presumed to be safe to brain development, and chemicals in existing use and all new chemicals must therefore be tested for developmental neurotoxicity. To coordinate these efforts and to accelerate translation of science into prevention, we propose the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24556010

Quote Fluoride Classified as Dangerous to Developing Brains

Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains, reports the Fluoride Action Network (FAN).

Fluoride is newly classified as a developmental neurotoxin by medical authorities in the March 2014 journal Lancet Neurology (a search for the word fluoride in this article will not produce results, we suggest you search for ride). The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine.

The authors write “A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations.” The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter.

Developmental neurotoxins are capable of causing widespread brain disorders such as autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, learning disabilities, and other cognitive impairments. The harm is often untreatable and permanent.

Grandjean and Landrigan write, “Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries.”

The authors say it’s crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children’s brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity. “Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Paul Connett, PhD, FAN Executive Director says, “In light of the new classification of fluoride as a dangerous neurotoxin, adding more fluoride to American’s already excessive intake no longer has any conceivable justification. We should follow the evidence and try to reduce fluoride intake, not increase it.”

The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC’s vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers.

But the CDC’s own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposure and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing. Connett asks, “Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children’s brains.”
    http://fluoridealert.org/news/fluori...ous-to-brains/
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Cara (12th March 2014), DeDukshyn (12th March 2014), EC1000 (12th March 2014), Ewan (11th April 2023), Frederick Jackson (14th March 2014), grizzzly (13th March 2014), Johnnycomelately (27th June 2022), Kimberley (13th March 2014), Lefty Dave (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), MargueriteBee (13th March 2014), Marin (13th March 2014), Matt P (12th March 2014), meat suit (12th March 2014), Richard S. (14th March 2014), selinam (12th March 2014), Sidney (14th March 2014), Snookie (12th March 2014), Spiral of Light (13th March 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014), Tesseract (12th March 2014), Tyy1907 (12th March 2014), Wind (13th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member EC1000's Avatar
    Lately it seems to me that I live in the dream of all that is.
    Thanks

Default Re: The Fluoride Thread

Too bad we can't file a class action suit against the FDA for approving the use of flouride back in the day but it was part of the big plan all along. Funny thing is that flouride actually causes dental damage rather than strengthening teeth as it was prosed when the idea was originally "sold" to the public. I was a kid back in the 70's and can still remember all of the flouride propaganda in commercials and from the school dental hygenist and such.
    Last edited by EC1000; 12th March 2014 at 19:50. Reason: too many typos-I blame all of the flouride!
    Secret elders from a gentle race,
    this world has seldom seen.
    Talk of days for which we sit and wait
    when all will be revealed.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (14th March 2014), Kimberley (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Matt P (12th March 2014), MorningSong (12th March 2014), Sidney (14th March 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Why can't we file a class action law suit?

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

EC1000 (12th March 2014), Kimberley (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), MorningSong (12th March 2014), Sidney (14th March 2014), soleil (13th March 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member EC1000's Avatar
    Lately it seems to me that I live in the dream of all that is.
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Why can't we file a class action law suit?

Matt
    well maybe we can. It could include everyone born in or living in the US for over the past 45 years or so. Know any good lawyers?
    Secret elders from a gentle race,
    this world has seldom seen.
    Talk of days for which we sit and wait
    when all will be revealed.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Kimberley (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Matt P (12th March 2014), MorningSong (12th March 2014), Sidney (14th March 2014), Sith73 (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Quote Posted by EC1000 (here)
    Know any good lawyers?
    Are there such a thing?

Actually no but I was wondering if a class action would even be allowable/legal. You'd have to prove individual harm I suppose? Who would you sue? The local water company? The local government for allowing the fluoride? Both?

Matt
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th March 2014 at 04:22.
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (14th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Sidney (14th March 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Back when I lived in KY a man from the state would come to our farm and put fluoride into the well water.
    If I recall correctly. We had a spring and well of our own and let the gov't poison it.

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Quote Posted by EC1000 (here)
    Know any good lawyers?
    Are there such a thing?

Actually no but I was wondering if a class action would even be allowable/legal. You'd have to prove individual harm I suppose? Who would you sue? The local water company? The local government for allowing the fluoride? Both?

Matt
    Matt welcome to Avalon...

My husband is a 30+ year practicing USA lawyer and he is a very good man...no he is not as awake as I would like however he actually decided to be a lawyer because he thought he could help people..and he has but he also has learned how F**k*d the system is and being a lawyer pays the bills...

That said i have been briefing him about fluoride because it is a topic that i am passionate about and I am making head way...there is hope... I will report back when I have made more progress.

Matt and all we are doing great work and i thank us all for that!

Much love!
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th March 2014 at 04:22.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

brenie (14th March 2014), Frederick Jackson (14th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Matt P (13th March 2014), Sidney (14th March 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Perhaps this report will help get the fluoride out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (14th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Sloppyjoe's Avatar
    Thanks

I drank tap water from the city most of my life until a few months ago where I decided to buy some 5 gallon jugs and fill them up at my dads well in the country. Now when I drink water from restaurants and whatnot it tastes like dead water to me.
    I miss those days when we played as kids. No worries about our future, no enemies. Now I close my eyes, trying to go back there with my mind. Oh how I wish I could relive those old times again.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sloppyjoe For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (14th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Matt P (13th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Mexico Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And add to the list of deleterious effects of fluoride compounds in the water and salt supplies decreased fertility and damage to the reproductive organs and renal failure.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Frederick Jackson For This Post:

Sidney (14th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 times in 376 posts

We need to see Fluoride go . It seems like such a easy case to prove.
    The brainwashing has been effective and deeply engrained.
    With professionals saying its good for your teeth.
    In the US a lot of the Fluoride is coming from China.
    God only knows what else is in there? I know things are changing but not fast enough. Here's another bit if you like.

Harvard Study: Fluoride Lowers Children’s Intelligence By 7 IQ Points

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/...iq-points.html

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

There is a very small benefit from low doses of a particular fluoride, but of course authorities always use the cheaper, less effective (and dangerous) kind. The amount that provides benefit comes from nature, often in black tea and other plants.

Of course the Russians used fluoride in POW camps to make the prisoners complacent and apathetic, easier to control. The Nazis did something similar.

Guess who the largest contributor to the American Dental Association is. The fertilizer industry! Wha.....? Yep, fluoride is a waste byproduct of their processes. Same with Alcoa Aluminum company. Got to keep the dentists happy so they'll continue to promote the worthless poison!
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

22. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

I don't see an ongoing thread on fluoride, but if I missed it, somebody please send me a link.
    If not, then I think we need one.
    Here's the latest from FAN (Fluoride Action Network)

Quote Simply put Fluoride Action Network’s 5th Citizens’ Conference on Fluoride exceeded all our expectations. The Science day (Sept 6), Organization day (Sept 7) and the Lobby day (Sept 8) were all great – and to crown it all key participants had meetings with top officials at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) before the conference (Sept 4) and EPA Water Division officials after the conference (Sept 8). The details of these meetings will have to come later, suffice it now to say that Bill Osmunson DDS, William Hirzy PhD, and Chris Nidel, a lawyer, attended the HHS meeting and Quanyong Xiang PhD, Chris Neurath, William Hirzy PhD and myself attended the meeting with EPA.

Highlights

Here are some of the highlights of the conference and lobby day from my perspective but I am a little hesitant to do this because all the speakers were unbelievably good. There were no duds and no dull moments. We hope to have videos of some of the conference presentations available in the not too distant future (we will let you know).

But before I get to the speakers I will repeat what I said to the approximately 100 attendees. I am a very privileged person. I have met many of the activists on this issue from around the world. I know what a very special bunch they are. No one I have worked with on this is in it for money, power, or prestige. The people I have met in this battle on several continents are just wonderful people. Almost by definition they are caring; they are persevering and most have had to resist personal attacks by proponents and attempts to marginalize them in their communities. So why do they do it? For most the answer is as simple and as powerful as the desire to protect their children and grandchildren and to have the right to determine which medicines they take and for others it is a determination to have scientific integrity used to inform public health decisions. In the main many of them feel very isolated. So the joy for me at this 5th FAN Conference was to see many of these folks from the US and Canada meet up and find out that they are not alone and that they have had similar experiences to others fighting this same battle. They also experienced the joy of finding that despite our differences in many other categories (politics, religion, ethnicity, income, etc.) this is an issue that we can all work on together and behave in the way that human beings were meant to behave when their children’s health is at stake.

Because this account is a little long and some of you may not make it to the end of my summary of the conference presentations I am going to start with Dan Stockin’s explosive revelations, which came at the end of the Sunday session, about what appears to be collusion between the Centers for Disease and Prevention’s Oral Health Division (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA) to mislead the American public on the dangers posed by fluoridation. (You can also read this bulletin online at http://fluoridealert.org/content/bulletin_09-16-14/ )

Dan Stockin, MPH, is a career public health professional from Georgia. He has worked closely with Civil Rights leaders in Atlanta and in the process has coined the term “Fluoridegate” to describe the failure of the CDC Oral Health Division to issue health warnings on fluoride exposure, especially to kidney patients and members of the Black and Hispanic communities who appear to be particularly susceptible to fluoride’s toxicity. Dan brought the Sunday session to a very exciting close. In fact his presentation was like the unfolding of a John Grisham novel. Dan released 2500 pages of documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). These documents pertained to all the exchanges between employees at the Oral Health Division of the CDC (the only division at the CDC that deals with fluoridation) and the ADA. (There are also documents from the Department of Health and Human Services.) These documents make it abundantly clear that what we have suspected for a very long time has been correct: namely, the ADA and CDC Oral Health Division are the tweedledum and tweedledee of fluoridation promotion. They work hand in hand (often at taxpayers’ expense) to spin the message in favor of fluoridation. Instead of taking evidence of harm seriously, they see their job as “getting around” the information in the larger effort of protecting this practice rather than protecting the public’s health. In this effort they are tracking every step FAN is making, read every bulletin, warn local dental associations about every appearance I make, as well as several other key individuals and organizations in this battle. It is not surprising that the ADA is doing this: the shock is they have such willing and eager cooperation from the civil servants working at the CDC. The following short excerpt gives you the flavor. This comes from an email titled, “Special Analysis” from Kip Duchon, PE (an engineer working at the CDC Oral Health Division) and Jane McGinley, a spokesperson for the ADA:

“…since you rank as a special friend with elevated consideration, I am sharing with you (confidentially, so don’t pass on to anyone without asking me first if you can) my most recent review of this information that I prepared for a “special” and confidential use (wink-wink).” (my emphasis, PC)

See Dan Stockin’s powerpoint and four files of FOIA documents from the FAN website. You can also access the FOIA documents from Chris Nidel’s website (click on fluoride, then FOIA docs).

Now back to the beginning of the FAN conference.

Saturday (Sept 6)

Henry Lickers, Director of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Department of the Environment, opened the proceedings with the traditional and moving Mohawk greeting and welcome.

After my presentation (Fluoridation 101) we heard from Michael Connett, JD, who summarized what he called the “rest of the iceberg” with respect to the neurotoxicity studies of fluoride’s impact on the brain, which makes fluoride’s lowering of IQ quite understandable. Look out for the videotape of Michael’s presentation, as it will be a great addition to our video library. See Michael’s powerpoint. Also see FAN’s press release, Fluoride Brain Damage Studies Mounting, based on Michael’s presentation.

The highlight of the day came when Quanyong Xiang, PhD, gave a most important presentation on his IQ work in China. Dr. Xiang works for the Chinese Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) in Jiangsu Province. As many of you know the EPA is basing its new risk assessment for fluoridation on the endpoint of severe dental fluorosis. Dr. Xiang confirmed that the lowering of IQ was a more sensitive endpoint than severe dental fluorosis because some of the children in his study with lowered IQ had either moderate or mild dental fluorosis. Thus we must urge the EPA to use lowered IQ as the more sensitive end point for its risk assessment to determine a new MCLG (maximum contaminant level goal). See Dr. Xiang’s powerpoint.

After Xiang we heard from Bill Hirzy, PhD (a former risk assessment specialist at the EPA). In his presentation Bill showed the EPA how to do an honest risk assessment using standard safety factors. This reassessment would force a MCLG of zero – and thus end water fluoridation. See Bill’s powerpoint.

Chris Neurath of FAN then showed how weak the fluoridation promoters’ criticism of the IQ studies, contained in the meta-analysis performed by the Harvard team (Choi et al, 2012), are. Chris easily dismissed the lightweight NZ study by Broadbent et al. (2014). See Chris’ powerpoint.

We were delighted when we heard that Jennifer Luke, DDS, PhD, was attending our conference. It was Luke who pioneered work on fluoride and the pineal gland. In her short presentation (which she agreed to give at the last minute) Luke produced an unexpected bombshell. She told us that children with autism and other developmental disorders produce very little melatonin. Since melatonin production was lowered in the high fluoride treated animals in her experiments (Luke, 1997), researchers may have to add exposure to fluoridated water as a possible additional cause or compounding factor for the rapid rise in autism in the US. See Luke’s powerpoint.

In a legal panel Jim Turner, Charlie Brown and other lawyers discussed what steps we can take to force the EPA to do an honest job with their much delayed risk assessment on fluoride. The timeline here is shocking. In 1986 the EPA produced a horribly non-protective standard for fluoride in drinking water (Maximum Contaminant Level) and the science based, but not enforceable, Maximum Contaminant Level Goal (MCL, MCLG) of 4 ppm (the WHO and our neighbors Canada and Mexico have a 1.5 ppm standard). Whistle blowers at the EPA warned that this 4 ppm standard was politically-motivated and the Natural Resources Defense Council took legal action. All to no avail. Americans have had to live with this unscientific MCLG for nearly three decades. In 2003, the US EPA asked the National Research Council of the National Academies to review the MCLG. Three years later they produced a 500-page review (NRC, 2006). This review concluded that the 4 ppm standard was non-protective of health and advised the EPA to do another risk assessment to determine a new MCLG (this is the ideal scientifically based goal to protect all our citizens; the MCL is a federally enforceable standard which takes into account the economic costs of removal of fluoride where it occurs naturally). Eight years later and we are still waiting for that risk assessment to be completed.

Chris Nidel, tort case lawyer, explained the status of his current lawsuit against the sellers of artificially fluoridated bottled water targeted for infants. He, and other lawyers, is seeking out more parents around the country with children afflicted with dental fluorosis who will join this class-action suit, as well as others with evidence that they have been harmed by fluoride. See Chris’ powerpoint.

Bill Osmunson, DDS, gave his usual clear and concise summary of just how weak the evidence is that swallowing fluoride reduces tooth decay. This graphical plots he used examined the percentage of parents answering ”yes” to the question, “Do your children have very good or excellent teeth” in 50 state surveys administered by the HHS. The response from high-income families was about 80% across the board and for low-income families about 60%. However when plotted against the percentage of the population of each state drinking fluoridated water, the graphs were essentially flat indicating no obvious relationship between children having excellent teeth (at least as perceived by parents) and the fluoridation status of each state. See Bill’s powerpoint (in pdf) to see these graphs.

From the floor Mark Gietzen from Wichita, Kansas, offered an intriguing hypothesis as to how early dental researchers like McKay unwittingly ascribed in the late 1920’s less tooth decay to those with dental fluorosis – and set the whole idea of water fluoridation in motion. There may have been other reasons why in those days people with dental fluorosis had less tooth decay. Mark will be refining his hypothesis for possible future publication.

And that was only Saturday. The power-points of all these presentations are online at FAN’s website. In the next few months we hope to have some edited videotaped versions of the presentations. A very special word of thanks to Doug Cragoe for videotaping virtually the whole proceeding and ditto to Clint Griess for streaming most of the conference online.

After dinner, the highlight of Saturday evening was when a grand piano suddenly appeared and we were entertained by Jay Sanders (Clean Water California) a professional musician from San Francisco and Richey, a professional singer and guitarist from Ireland. Their professional performance was not completely sabotaged by a solo from Michael! We all joined in the sing-along, which was a great end to an exciting and information-packed day.

Sunday (Sept 7)

Aisling FizitGibbon got Sunday off to a colorful and cracking start in her brilliant pink “super hero” flying suit and cape. In Ireland Aisling is known as The Girl Against Fluoride and she is getting huge media attention. She presented her experience in fighting fluoridation and the reasons why we must change the way we fight. She stressed that it was more about psychology than information. Aisling said that people should consider marketing a positive message instead of a negative one. She said that negativity in Ireland did not work because the citizens swallowed the PR that fluoridation is good for you. She said she got the most attention when she went “naked” – holding up posters “Stripped of My Rights” in strategic places. Currently she is working on a comic book for kids where she will be taking on Freaky Flora, a F-pusher.

Rick North is an activist who worked with Clean Water Portland during their historic fluoridation referendum. Rick presented a thrilling account of the incredible victory citizens achieved – against HUGE odds – in keeping fluoridation out of Portland, Oregon, in 2013. He detailed some of the devious behind-the-scenes moves by the pro-fluoridation forces – which included paying out $143,000 to local, largely ethnic groups to support fluoridation. Some literally got $20,000 for doing little more than have their name on a list of “endorsements.” Luckily the local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People held out against this bribery and instead were active participants in the anti-fluoridation campaign. Rick made the audience gasp at pictures Clean Water Portland’s huge billboard (the largest I have ever seen in a campaign of this kind and included in his powerpoint). Rick also compiled a list of arguments and messaging systems, which seemed to work best in their campaign. This information should be very, very useful for people just beginning their campaigns, although we should remember that what might work in one community might not work in another as locals know their community better than anyone else.

Stuart Cooper, FAN’s campaign manager, outlined the progress being made in two recent FAN initiatives: The Worldwide Alliance to End Fluoridation and Parents Against Fluoridation, or at least that’s what we thought we would call this campaign before some of the comments made at the conference. There was very strong sentiment (from Jim Turner, Aisling and others) that we should be FOR something not AGAINST something – at least in the title of the group. So we will give the last word to our members. See Stuart’s powerpoint.

WHICH TITLE DO YOU PREFER:

1) Parents Against Fluoridation

2) Parents For Fluoride-Free Water

3) Or a third alternative (your suggestion)?

Please email your responses to Ellen this week.

Another last minute addition to our agenda was Jim Bohl, the legislator from Milwaukee, who led an effort there to end fluoridation in this very large city. Jim outlined the pitfalls of undertaking an initiative like this without the support of an organized group of citizens. Even though Jim was able to bring in several experts (dentist Bill Osmunson, pediatrician Yolanda Whyte and myself) the well-heeled proponents were able to bring in their shock-and-awe team and mobilize a few local dentists and doctors to speak up at the same hearing. They sowed enough doubt in the minds of his fellow legislators (some of whom were very sympathetic to removal of fluoride) to make a vote against fluoridation “risky” in their minds without a public clamoring for them to do so. Jim was able to salvage something for his efforts. He got the council to vote to have a statement on water bills warning parents not use fluoridated tap water to make up baby formula to reduce the risk of dental fluorosis. See Jim Bohl’s powerpoint.

Henry Rodriguez, Concilio Zapatista 4383, is from San Antonio and works with the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), the oldest and largest Hispanic organization in the US. Henry explained his involvement in helping communities fight fluoridation and told us of a dispute that occurred after a vote was taken at LULACs September 2011 annual conference that approved a resolution on the Civil Rights Violation Regarding Forced Medication. An individual in the LULAC leadership unanimously removed the resolution from the group’s website and Henry explained what he did to get back online. In addition to his wise words Henry won the audience with his passion and his dancing ability! See Henry’s powerpoint.

Dr. Joseph Mercola gave the keynote address immediately after lunch. Dr. Mercola is a passionate advocate of natural medicine, organic food, a wellness champion, and a visionary who has succeeded in implementing much needed changes to our current healthcare system. In 1997, after 25 years as a physician to thousands of patients, Dr. Mercola merged his passion for health with his interest in technology and created Mercola.com, now the #1 natural health website in the world, educating and empowering millions. He has crafted a simple but powerful plan for readers to take back their health.

Dr. Mercola’s presentation was largely based on his soon-to-be-published book Effortless Healing. He argues that good health is your birthright and within your grasp, you just have to step out of its way. In both his book and his presentation Dr. Mercola described the 9 simple secrets to sidestepping illness, shedding excess weight, and helping your body to fix itself.

Before he began his presentation Dr. Mercola introduced members of the Health Liberty Alliance he has put together and supports so generously. These included Ronnie Cummins of Organic Consumers Association; Charlie Brown of Consumers for Dental Choice; Barbara Loe Fisher of the National Vaccination Information Center and myself for Fluoride Action Network. Jeffrey Smith of the Institute for Responsible Technology was unable to attend. Smith is a staunch advocate for ending GMOs.

It was inspiring to be able to hear and meet Dr. Mercola in person in addition to some of the key players in his team.

Mike Ewall, JD. I have known Mike for over 20 years. He is simply one of the best grass roots organizers I have met. Back in the late 80’s it was while he was still a student that he introduced me and many other grass roots activists to the power of the internet. Like many other areas of life this revolutionized the grass roots movement. In his talk he told us how year after year (or rather every other year) the promoters of fluoridation have tried to introduce mandatory fluoridation in Pennsylvania. There have been some squeaky moments but every time the opponents have fought it back. Mike told us how they have successfully put together a broad coalition to do this. Mike also spoke of the importance of putting together a multi-racial coalition to fine tune the arguments on the disproportionate harm fluoride causes to communities of color. See Mike’s powerpoint.

Charlie Brown, JD. Charlie is the executive director and legal council for Consumers for Dental Choice. He discussed the success that they have had fighting the use of mercury amalgams. This has become a worldwide campaign with a global mercury bill on reducing mercury contamination of the environment. The language in the bill refers to a phase down (Charlie would prefer phase out) in the use of mercury amalgams (euphemistically and deceptively referred to as “silver fillings” by the ADA, even though they are 50% mercury!). Charlie urged us to stress the environmental damage caused by dumping thousands of tons of hazardous waste into the environment each year, resulting from the use of the fluoridating chemicals derived from the phosphate fertilizer industry. He also urged us to drive a wedge between the CDC and the ADA, just as they have tried to do with FDA and the ADA. A trade association (ADA) has no right to tap into taxpayers’ money to promote or defend its dirty work in its effort to protect itself from accumulated liabilities from its aggressive promotion of two neurotoxins: mercury amalgams and fluoride.

Bill Osmunson, DDS. Explained to us his many years of effort to get the FDA to regulate fluoride for ingestion. It currently identifies fluoride as an “unapproved drug” even though this has been the most prescribed medicine (via water fluoridation) in American history. In his presentation Bill gave details of his second petition to the FDA CDER. This petition, submitted in Nov 2010, had 32 pages and 36 Appendixes with documentation for support. The request read:

The Undersigned Submits this Petition in Support for Reconsideration of a Decision, to the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, in Dockets FDA-2007-P-0346 (FDA CDER denial). The FDA CDER denial is in Violation of the FD&C Act when the FDA CDER delegates Drug Regulatory Authority to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). This Appeal Respectfully Orders the FDA to No Longer Defer Regulatory Action on the Manufacturing of the Unapproved Fluoridated Water Drug

This petition lays out the evidence that fluoride is a drug and argues that Congress has prohibited the EPA from adding drugs to water. The MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) between FDA and EPA did not include drugs (the MOU has been rescinded). Fluoride is not a nutrient. Public water systems are manufacturing a misbranded, adulterated, and illegal drug. The FDA has the power and the responsibility to put this right but refuses to do so. As a result the American public is not being protected by the very agency responsible for protecting the public from drugs. This is one of the issues we hope will be taken up – if or when – Congress organizes joint hearings on fluoridation, which was our goal for lobbying for Monday (Sept 8) see below.

Panel of Activists:

•• Dawna Gallagher-Stroeh is the founder of Clean Water Sonoma-Marin.

•• Neil Carman, PhD, formerly with the Texas Air Commission and member of the Sierra Club and Fluoride Free Austin.

•• Jay Sanders helped form the new non-profit: Clean Water California- see Jay’s powerpoint

•• Brooke Templeton is founder of End Fluoridation in Baltimore – see Brooke’s powerpoint

In addition to the details raised by each of these activists which were pertinent to their local situations, the exciting thing for me and others was to see the combination of both experience (Dawna and Neil) and the energy, youth and enthusiasm of the new people getting involved in this battle. If the proponents of fluoridation were waiting for us “oldies” to die off then they must be shaking in their boots as they see the waves of younger folks marching over the hill. I think we can safely say that it is no longer a question of “if” fluoridation is going to be defeated but “when.”

In addition to these formal presentations from this panel, there were many contributions from the floor from other grass roots activists. I am thinking especially of Regina Imburglia from Dallas, Texas. Talk about the irrepressible force meeting the immovable object that is Regina. She reminds me of the remarkable fact that a mushroom, despite it softness of its flesh, can push its way through concrete!

Monday Sept 8, FAN lobby day.

Our anticipation was that this Lobby Day would be the beginning of a year-long effort to get Congress to hold joint Congressional hearings on fluoridation. Over the next 12 months we hope that all of you will keep sending letters into your Congressional representatives asking them to hold these hearings. At our end we will be organizing a number of sign-on letters via our online system. But in addition please use each new piece of information as an excuse to write to them again (e.g. another community ending fluoridation; another scientific paper showing harm or another scandal where it is shown that our regulatory bodies are being subverted by lobbyists representing special interests like the ADA and the pharmaceutical industry).

Remember our three demands:

1) No more taxpayers’ money to the CDC to promote fluoridation. There is enough private money from the ADA and the Pew Charitable Trusts to finance pro-fluoridation propaganda.

2) That the US EPA Office of Water conduct an honest risk assessment based upon the studies that have associated lowering of IQ with fluoride exposure. The EPA’s job is not protect the fluoridation program but to protect our health, especially our children’s intellectual development.

3) That the FDA finally after 68 years of dragging its bureaucratic feet regulate fluoride for ingestion – both in tablet form and as delivered in water. They have done a good job regulating fluoridated toothpaste now do the same for fluoridated water and fluoride supplements.

Thanks to all the people that helped to organize this wonderful conference (Ellen C., Bill H., Bill O, Sylvia Erville, Stella Kwan, Stuart Cooper), to all those who helped Ellen at the registration desk and book table, those who supported it financially, and to all to those who dug deep and came to Crystal City in person.

To view the conference powerpoints we also have them at this site.

Sincerely,

Paul Connett, PhD
    Director
    Fluoride Action Network
    Co-Author, The Case Against Fluoride
    Each breath a gift...

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

conk (17th September 2014), drneglector (10th October 2018), fifi (18th September 2014), ponda (17th September 2014), Richard S. (17th September 2014), Skyhaven (17th September 2014), Sunny-side-up (17th September 2014), Victoria (19th June 2020), WHOMADEGOD (17th September 2014), yelik (17th September 2014), Zaya (17th September 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

There are 52 threads on Fluoride. Go here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sear...?search_type=1

type in they keyword box: "Fluoride", select "Search Titles Only" and they will come up.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (17th September 2014), onawah (10th May 2017), ponda (17th September 2014), Snookie (17th September 2014), Sunny-side-up (17th September 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

The Spice That Prevents Fluoride From Destroying Your Brain

Fluoride is found everywhere today, from antibiotics to drinking water, to stick pans to toothpaste, making exposure inevitable. All the more reason why new research proving this common spice can prevent fluoride damage is so promising!

Continues...
    Last edited by ponda; 17th September 2014 at 06:04.
    When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

conk (17th September 2014), drneglector (10th October 2018), gripreaper (17th September 2014), heyokah (17th September 2014), jjjones (17th September 2014), Mike Gorman (17th September 2014), MorningFox (17th September 2014), onawah (10th May 2017), Pam (6th October 2018), Richard S. (17th September 2014), Sunny-side-up (17th September 2014), Zaya (17th September 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 times in 320 posts

I was led to this website by another member quite some time ago and have been buying in bulk when funds allow it. Definitely reccommend them if anyone is ever interested: http://www.herbco.com/o-organic-170-turmeric.aspx

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

jjjones (17th September 2014), Pam (6th October 2018), ponda (17th September 2014), Zaya (17th September 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I did do a search, but didn't see one main, current thread just on fluoride, in general, though lots of places where it's mentioned in reference to something specific. There is always something new about fluoride in the news, like GMOs, and I think we need to have one general, ongoing thread about each.
    Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    There are 52 threads on Fluoride. Go here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sear...?search_type=1

type in they keyword box: "Fluoride", select "Search Titles Only" and they will come up.
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Pam (6th October 2018), ponda (18th September 2014)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Surprised that I haven't found history of this being posted on this forum

Very good documentary.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

onawah (5th September 2016)

34. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FAN IS NOW SUING THE EPA TO END FLUORIDATION
    (Looks like it's time to resurrect this thread!)
    Fluoride Action Network | Bulletin | April 25, 2017
    http://fluoridealert.org/content/bulletin_4-25-17/

Quote It’s official: the Fluoride Action Network–along with a coalition of environmental and public health groups–has filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California against the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in response to their denial of our petition under Section 21 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) seeking a ban on water fluoridation. This may be the lawsuit we have all been waiting decades for.

According to FAN’s attorney, Michael Connett, “this case will present the first time a court will consider the neurotoxicity of fluoride and the question of whether fluoridation presents an unreasonable risk under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). And, in contrast to most other legal challenges of Agency actions, TSCA gives us the right to get the federal court to consider our evidence ‘de novo’—meaning federal courts are to conduct their own independent review of the evidence without deference to the EPA’s judgment.”

READ THE OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

Industry, legal, and environmental observers following the EPA’s implementation of the new TSCA law have pointed out that a lawsuit challenging the EPA’s denial of our petition would provide a test case for the agency’s interpretation that petitioners must provide a comprehensive analysis of all uses of a chemical in order to seek a restriction on a particular use. Legal experts have suggested that the EPA’s interpretation essentially makes the requirements for gaining Agency action using section 21 petitions impossible to meet.

Background Information

On Nov 22, 2016, a coalition including FAN, Food & Water Watch, Organic Consumers Association, American Academy of Environmental Medicine, International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, Moms Against Fluoridation, and several individual mothers, filed a petition calling on the EPA to ban the deliberate addition of fluoridating chemicals to the drinking water under provisions in the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The full TSCA petition can be accessed here, a shorter 8-page summary here, and our press release here.

We presented the Agency with a large body of human and animal evidence demonstrating that fluoride is a neurotoxin at levels now ingested by many U.S. children and vulnerable populations. We also presented the Agency with evidence showing that fluoride has little benefit when swallowed, and, accordingly, any risks from exposing people to fluoride chemicals in water are unnecessary. We believe that an impartial judge reviewing this evidence will agree that fluoridation poses an unreasonable risk.

On February 27th, the EPA published their response. In their decision the EPA claimed, “The petition has not set forth a scientifically defensible basis to conclude that any persons have suffered neurotoxic harm as a result of exposure to fluoride in the U.S. through the purposeful addition of fluoridation chemicals to drinking water or otherwise from fluoride exposure in the U.S.”

As many independent scientists now recognize, fluoride is a neurotoxin. The question, therefore, is not if fluoride damages the brain, but at what dose.

While EPA quibbles with the methodology of some of these studies, to dismiss and ignore these studies in their entirety for methodological imperfections is exceptionally cavalier, particularly given the consistency of the findings and the razor-thin margin between the doses causing harm in these studies and the doses that millions of Americans now receive.

EPA’s own Guidelines on Neurotoxicity Risk Assessment highlight the importance of having a robust margin between the doses of a chemical that cause neurotoxic effects and the doses that humans receive. We presented the EPA with over 180 studies showing that fluoride causes neurotoxic harm (e.g. reduced IQ), and pointed out that many of these studies found harm at levels within the range, or precariously close to, the levels millions of U.S. children now receive. Typically, this would be a cause for major concern. But, unfortunately, the EPA has consistently shied away from applying the normal rules of risk assessment to fluoride — and it has unfortunately continued that tradition with its dismissal of the Petition.

Fortunately, the TSCA statute provides that citizens can challenge an EPA denial in federal court. For too long, EPA has let politics trump science on the fluoride issue (see examples)
    http://fluoridealert.org/researchers/epa/
    We welcome therefore having these issues considered by a federal court.

Winning this lawsuit will require a full team effort, and we want you to feel a part of that team and a part of this moment in history. Please consider playing a larger role in this potentially fluoridation-ending lawsuit by making a tax-deductible contribution. See below for details about making donations and about our “thank you” gift for supporters.
    More here: http://fluoridealert.org/content/bulletin_4-25-17/
    Each breath a gift...

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ewan (25th April 2017), Pam (6th October 2018)

36. Link to Post #20
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Exclusive: Dr. Paul Connett interview on shocking new fluoride study

by Jon Rappoport Nov 19, 2017

Explosive: new mainstream study concludes fluorides are lowering children’s IQ.

The study referred to in this interview was published in Environmental Health Perspectives, in September 2017. It is titled: “Prenatal Fluoride Exposure and Cognitive Outcomes in Children at 4 and 6-12 Years of Age.” It is often referred to as the Bashash study, after its first listed author.

The study concluded:
    “…higher prenatal fluoride exposure, in the general range of exposures reported for other general population samples of pregnant women and nonpregnant adults, was associated with lower scores on tests of cognitive function in the offspring at age 4 and 6–12 y.”
    In short, pregnant women exposed to fluorides give birth to children who later show up with lower IQ.

I interviewed Paul Connett, PhD.

From his CV:
    “Paul Connett is Professor Emeritus in Environmental Chemistry at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. For the past 30 years, Paul has put his scientific knowledge to work by helping (without fee) communities around the world understand the science of controversial issues like…fluoridation. In addition to explaining the dangers of these practices he offers details of the alternatives…[Dr. Connett is the author of] The Case Against Fluoride (Chelsea Green, 2011, co-authored with James Beck & H. Spedding Micklem).”

“Paul has researched the literature on fluoride’s toxicity and the fluoridation debate for 17 years. He helped to found the Fluoride Action Network (FAN).”
    I found the following items from Dr. Connett’s bio fascinating:
    “In June 2001, Paul (together with Dr. William Hirzy) was invited to debate proponents of fluoridation at the annual conference of the Association for Science in the Public Interest (ASIPI) in Richmond, Virginia. The proponents refused to participate in this debate.”

“In November 2001, Paul (together with Dr. Phyllis Mullenix) were invited by the American College of Toxicology to debate proponents, but they [the proponents of fluoridation] again refused. On both the above occasions Dr. Connett gave a presentation of the arguments against fluoridation in lieu of the debate.”

“In March 2003, Paul was invited by the US EPA to present the opponent’s position in a one-on-one debate on fluoridation to be held at their annual Science Forum in Washington, DC, on May 6, 2003. Despite a six week effort by the organizers of this event, no scientist or official holding a pro-fluoridation position was willing to participate in this debate. In lieu of this debate, Paul provided a power-point presentation to a packed audience, which included 8 congressional aides, representatives from major environmental organizations, EPA officials and the media. The title of Paul’s talk—‘Fluoridation: The Undefendable Practice.’”
    Here is my interview with Dr. Connett:

Q: There is a new study on the effect of fluorides on IQ. Several questions: Do you believe the study is well done? Does it deserve our attention? What conclusions does it draw?
    A: This is a very important study. You can see my reaction to it in the videotaped interview at this link on the day it was published: Fluoride Exposure in Utero Linked to Lower IQ in Kids, New Study Says.

Taken at face value it should have been a good study. It was financed largely by the NIEHS [National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences] (part of NIH [US National Institutes of Health], which of course is pro-fluoridation). It was conducted largely by specialists in the field who have done similar studies on other neurotoxicants. None of them to my knowledge had taken a public position against water fluoridation (indeed one was known to be pro-fluoridation) so the notion of bias here was small…

Q: What is the reaction of public health agencies to the new study?
    A: Pro-fluoridation agencies have done what they always do – attack any study that finds harm. They are all more interested in protecting the archaic practice of water fluoridation than to protect the health of our children. Extraordinary that any civil servant should think that children’s teeth are more important than their brains! The people at the top are desperately trying to protect a policy they have waxed lyrical about for 70 years. The people in the middle are taught to promote “policy” not question it and the people at the bottom simply believe what they were taught at dental or medical school and reinforced by their professional bodies. Others I think are very concerned that if they lose fluoridation it will affect the public’s trust in other public health practices – a clear example would be vaccination, a multi-billion dollar interest supported by the CDC (a big champion of fluoridation).

Q: How have major media reacted to the new study?
    A: Apart from CNN and CTV in Canada and Newsweek there has been little coverage by the mainstream media. It was not covered by the NY Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal or any other major newspaper. That again is extraordinary for a study of this significance. Sadly, this is also typical of these outlets when it comes to the detailed science on this issue. They simply don’t want to know.

Q: I’ve been covering the fluoride situation [fluoridating water supplies] in New Zealand (note to reader: article archive here). Last I heard, there was a move to take decision-making away from local governments and put it in the hands of federal health councils, who would determine whether to fluoridate water supplies. Can you give me an update?
    A: Yes this is a dreadful development. Thus, in addition to the health issues we now have democracy threatened in NZ. Yesterday [11/16/17], the new government re-introduced the bill [handing over fluoridating decisions to federal authorities] for a second reading. One can only hope that the coalition partners will not be bullied into going along with this. A NZ first member is strongly against this bill. I would hope that the Green Party will not be railroaded on this either. But they have been very weak so far.

Q: I’ve been told that many years ago, you were in favor of water fluoridation. What was the turning point? What made you change your mind?
    A: To be more accurate I didn’t want to get involved. I was so busy teaching chemistry and working on waste [disposal issues] (which has taken me to 49 states and 65 other countries) that I didn’t have time for a third issue. And I certainly didn’t want a third issue in which if I got involved would get me labelled as “loony tunes.” Over the years I was approached by three different people to get involved (once in Spokane, WA; another from Ohio and a third from Ontario). I resisted them all. Then someone I couldn’t resist twisted my arm…– my wife – in 1996. When I read the literature she had amassed I was both shocked with what I learned and embarrassed that I had not got involved before. I have spent the last 21 years trying to make amends.

—end of interview—

Here are further comments on the new Bashash fluoride study, from the group Dr. Connett helped start, the Fluoride Action Network:
    “The loss of IQ [reported in the Bashash study] is very large. The child of a mother who was drinking 1 ppm F [fluoride] water would be predicted to have 5 to 6 IQ points lower than if the mother had drunk water with close to zero F in it.”

“The range of F exposures in this study is likely to be very close to the range in a fluoridated area of the United States. The doses in this study are directly applicable to areas with artificial fluoridation.”

“This study was very carefully done, by a group of researchers who have produced over 50 papers on the cognitive health of children in relationship to environmental exposures. This was funded by the NIH and was a multi-million dollar study. This was the group’s first study of fluoride, their other studies mostly dealing with lead, mercury, and other environmental neurotoxicants.”

“The study authors are cautious in their conclusions, as is common for scientists. But the implications of this study are enormous. A single study will never prove that F lowers IQ at doses found in fluoridated areas, but this is more than a red flag. It is a cannon shot across the bow of the 80 year old practice of artificial fluoridation.”
    As I’ve been writing and saying for many years, one of the major forms of fake news is not mentioning the real news at all. Omitting it. Or downplaying it. This is the case here, with the new fluoride study.

Mothers giving birth to children with lower IQs?

Not a concern.

Not a problem.

This is the stance of major media, who shout about “other people’s fake news.”

Jon Rappoport
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th November 2017), BMJ (21st November 2017), Debra (20th November 2017), drneglector (10th October 2018), Ewan (20th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th November 2017), Hym (20th November 2017), Jean-Marie (20th November 2017), onawah (24th October 2018), Pam (6th October 2018), Satori (20th November 2017), T Smith (16th December 2017), ThePythonicCow (20th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast