+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 12 52 102 113 LastLast

Thread: Where Attention goes focus goes!!!

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Default Re: Where Attention goes focus goes!!!

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Conspiracy and spirituality are two sides of the same coin. They are both about our inner power: disabling it or releasing it. If you are pushing a car to start it, you want to make sure that the person in the driving seat hasn't put the handbrake on and/or engaged reverse gear. The person who checks that is contributing as much as any pusher.
    But you don't have to walk all the way to the front of the car to check if the handbrake is on... you can feel it when you push right?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

dan33 (22nd October 2014), eaglespirit (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    Conspiracy and spirituality are two sides of the same coin. They are both about our inner power: disabling it or releasing it. If you are pushing a car to start it, you want to make sure that the person in the driving seat hasn't put the handbrake on and/or engaged reverse gear. The person who checks that is contributing as much as any pusher.
    But you don't have to walk all the way to the front of the car to check if the handbrake is on... you can feel it when you push right?
    Yeah, but you don't carry on pushing, do you? You then walk all the way to the front of the car to make sure the handbrake is off and it is not something deliberate that is going to happen again.

Science is no better by the way. Read the scathing critiques of the way science is done by scientists like Tom van Flandern, Rupert Sheldrake or Brian O'Leary.
    Last edited by araucaria; 19th September 2014 at 10:58.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

dan33 (22nd October 2014), eaglespirit (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)
    Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)
    Yes,
    We need to know what is going on that tries to keep US from "going on"...and in the meantime(all the time):

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post878131
    What if the negativity itself keeps (blocks) us from going on... I look inside for guidance, its all there...
    ...undo any block cuz we can...transform the negative cuz we can...make yin and yang higher music
    Absolutely we can! But we should consider weaning of the news/conspiracy stuff though, because time wasted on the deep detailed forest of illusion of the outside world, could be spend much better sharpening the inner vision, which is of real value because this we can bring along from lifetime to lifetime!
    ...speaking to a smiling member of the choir singing right along

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

dan33 (22nd October 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Yeah, but you don't carry on pushing, do you? You then walk all the way to the front of the car to make sure the handbrake is off and it is not something deliberate that is going to happen again.

Science is no better by the way. Read the scathing critiques of the way science is done by scientists like Tom van Flandern, Rupert Sheldrake or Brian O'Leary.
    No you don't, if you can discern by observation, logic and experiment (science) that its the handbrake, then you can do something about it....there's no point if you don't really know, to blame it on the engine, or the gasoline, or whatever... This is paranoia, or in other words, misplaced fear.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 19th September 2014 at 11:23.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

No you don't, if you can discern by observation, logic and experiment (science) that its the handbrake, then you can do something about it....there's no point if you don't really know, to blame it on the engine, or the gasoline, or whatever... This is paranoia, or in other words, misplaced fear.
    Sorry, the science bit was an add-on in response to something else you mentioned. My point is that good scientists have a big problem with the way science is generally conducted.

I agree, I am talking about 'observation, logic and experiment (science)', not 'paranoia'. You push the car because the battery may be flat or the spark plugs not working too well. If you can't even push it, no one in their right mind is going to blame the gasoline.

Conspiracy research is about catching the man at the wheel working against the ones at the back: that's all I'm saying. It's not a very good analogy because it's an unlikely situation. But then again, so is the situation we are facing: which is why 'plausible deniability' is such a powerful weapon.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Krist (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

The great deception which whistle blowers have brought to our attention and which is the main reason why most of us are here would cause quite a stir, with different emotional reactions.
    In a way it has herded us into a bottleneck, which then in turn can be a make or break event.

So for some this great shock means that we realize that there is life after disclosure, and we find ourselves on a new level, where our own consciousness has been raised a notch, and we discover that we can influence our reality. This is something to rejoice over. Others are still voicing their "I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore!!!" anger, and should have the right to do so, since it is a natural human reaction to deception.
    And some of us alternate with our emotions, and find ourselves in both camps, with changeable moods.

Frankly, I have at times felt like the OP, feeling myself slipping into lower states of consciousness and coming online in the hope that someone will cheer me up with an uplifting spiritual message.
    Staring the "Here and Now...What's Happening?" thread has been a great help, as it attracted quite a few members who have the scientific knowledge as well as gleaned the spiritual vision.

So Im really glad and grateful for that, because for me it's hardly ever about either-or, but a matter of BOTH. All co-existence is possible once people understand that the universe is big enough for all of us.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (20th September 2014), araucaria (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), lelmaleh (25th November 2014), Pam (15th December 2014), Pris (19th September 2014), Rosieposie (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), transiten (20th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Sorry, the science bit was an add-on in response to something else you mentioned. My point is that good scientists have a big problem with the way science is generally conducted.

I agree, I am talking about 'observation, logic and experiment (science)', not 'paranoia'. You push the car because the battery may be flat or the spark plugs not working too well. If you can't even push it, no one in their right mind is going to blame the gasoline.

Conspiracy research is about catching the man at the wheel working against the ones at the back: that's all I'm saying. It's not a very good analogy because it's an unlikely situation. But then again, so is the situation we are facing: which is why 'plausible deniability' is such a powerful weapon.
    Yes I agree, there are scientist who don't abide by the strict code of conducting valid science, but that doesn't mean 'science' as a principle is invalid, as many are preaching here. It only means the work of the practitioners is invalid, not the entirety of science.

I get your analogue... I just wonder if the fear and negativity that come a long with the conspiracies justify the inherent incomplete, possibly false, truths. Because you can't really tell the truth if you can't observe, feel and experiment with the subject at hand.

Sure a lot of people are willing to take in the fear that comes with certain half-truths, but one should't really underestimate the power of fear in the psyche...
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 19th September 2014 at 12:29.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), Rich (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    The great deception which whistle blowers have brought to our attention and which is the main reason why most of us are here would cause quite a stir, with different emotional reactions.
    In a way it has herded us into a bottleneck, which then in turn can be a make or break event.

So for some this great shock means that we realize that there is life after disclosure, and we find ourselves on a new level, where our own consciousness has been raised a notch, and we discover that we can influence our reality. This is something to rejoice over. Others are still voicing their "I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore!!!" anger, and should have the right to do so, since it is a natural human reaction to deception.
    And some of us alternate with our emotions, and find ourselves in both camps, with changeable moods.

Frankly, I have at times felt like the OP, feeling myself slipping into lower states of consciousness and coming online in the hope that someone will cheer me up with an uplifting spiritual message.
    Staring the "Here and Now...What's Happening?" thread has been a great help, as it attracted quite a few members who have the scientific knowledge as well as gleaned the spiritual vision.

So Im really glad and grateful for that, because for me it's hardly ever about either-or, but a matter of BOTH. All co-existence is possible once people understand that the universe is big enough for all of us.

Yes I agree with you Ulli, but for me it feels tiresome if I see a thread that is hinting towards some alternate truth, with negative implications, but doesn't follow through to solid evidence (based on the scrutiny of scientific evidence). It induces fear because your not quite sure (paranoia).

I'm struggling to stay open, and remain unaffected at times... but i'm watching, and taking it in anyway. So I feel a bit like the dog in the image below, which is also suggested by the OP.

Last edited by Skyhaven; 19th September 2014 at 12:34.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Rich (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Yes I agree with you Ulli, but for me it feels tiresome if I see a thread that is hinting towards some alternate truth, with negative implications, but doesn't follow through to solid evidence (based on the scrutiny of scientific evidence). It induces fear because your not quite sure (paranoia).

I'm struggling to stay open, and remain unaffected at times... but your watching, and taking it in anyway. So I feel a bit like the dog in the image below, which is also suggested by the OP.

I love that picture. Wow.
    Everyone is impressionable, some more than others. As sensitivity levels rise it is a good idea to make wise choices, as to what impressions one wants to subject oneself to. The choice is ours, but due to our dual nature the force of habit can be so great that we can't even press the button on the TV clicker. Even though the higher self screams 'turn it off!!'

Conversations about winning this inner battle can be very helpful, even if they don't give the exact recipe how to go about it.
    In the final analysis we are alone with those choices. (My spell checker just now had switched the word choices into couches, which gave me a chuckle.)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (20th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Conversations about winning this inner battle can be very helpful, even if they don't give the exact recipe how to go about it.
    In the final analysis we are alone with those choices. (My spell checker just now had switched the word choices into couches, which gave me a chuckle.)
    Take two pounds of choice potatoes... now what?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

animovado (20th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), meeradas (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

I know its all a choice... In the past I was all about making bold choices, if something was slightly off I would turn away from the whole matter... Now I'm not sure if this is the right way... I'm starting to learn that one can actually situate one self in the eye of the storm, where there is actually calmness. Staying in the center of the circle, while still perceiving all the turmoil, but not being affected by it.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), Pam (15th December 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Take two pounds of choice potatoes... now what?
    Gotta hand it to you, araucaria. Just having you on this thread must restore the OP's faith in Avalon.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

I know its all a choice... In the past I was all about making bold choices, if something was slightly off I would turn away from the whole matter... Now I'm not sure if this is the right way... I'm starting to learn that one can actually situate one self in the eye of the storm, where there is actually calmness. Staying in the center of the circle, while still perceiving all the turmoil, but not being affected by it.
    Good one! And you can practice that until it, too, gets boring.
    Then perhaps you might want to try something new...
    Like shoot a laser beam or a soap bubble into the surrounding chaos just to see what will happen.
    All creativity begins with experimentation.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), Pris (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Good one! And you can practice that until it, too, gets boring.
    Then perhaps you might want to try something new...
    Like shoot a laser beam or a soap bubble into the surrounding chaos just to see what will happen.
    All creativity begins with experimentation.
    Did you just suggest I should post pictures of soap bubbles in conspiracy threads?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

araucaria (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

If you don't, I will.
    There! I beat you to it. Oh, look, a dragon!!!!!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

joeecho (19th September 2014), Pam (15th December 2014), Pris (19th September 2014), Rich (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Or a bubble that protects against the negativity!

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

joeecho (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Pris (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Or the always PC love heart

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

joeecho (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

If you don't, I will.
    There! I beat you to it. Oh, look, a dragon!!!!!

That's a chimera - it cheerfully ignores the laws of surface tension so it can't exist. But blowing away surface tensions is right on topic.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Krist (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

wow, bubbles are awesome!

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

joeecho (19th September 2014), Krist (19th September 2014), Rich (19th September 2014), ulli (19th September 2014), Wind (19th September 2014), ZooLife (16th February 2016)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Meet the Fish Scientist. He thinks there is something fishy going on and so he does experiments. There is no way to do experiments outside his environment because wherever he or his equipment is will also be the environment. He may have theories that there is something outside that environment but the proof will be lacking as stated above. His only conclusion will then be a theory that is also subject to a theory that his theory is only a theory in the realm (environment) of science.

Last edited by joeecho; 19th September 2014 at 20:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 12 52 102 113 LastLast