+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 LastLast

Thread: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,434 times in 21,489 posts

Default Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

Quote Posted by naste.de.lumina (here)
    Hello Paul.
    Thanks for the intelligent analysis.

Perhaps that information posted by a friend GoodETxSG in the link below will influence future analyzes.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post897301

Thanks for the kind words. With my apologies, I can not do as well .

In my present estimation, the recent work of Karen Hudes, such as these details of the "Global Debt Facility Accounts in Taiwan", are an example of the "fabricated stories of pointless complexity" that I spoke of in a more recent post, just above.

Such stories are usually not entirely fabricated ... they weave strands of truth with glittering distractions, with intent to deceive on a grand scale (perhaps not Karen's intent ... but someone's.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Jean-Marie (6th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (6th November 2014), seko (7th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Default Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

Thanks Paul, interesting thoughts but a bit too draconian and too quick in implementation from where I sit.

As I mentioned last year, an intermediate step would involve a jubilee or debt forgiveness globally to reset astronomical sovereign and corp. debt levels globally. Personal debt may get a smaller haircut than sovereign and corp. debt. This could lead to US nationalistic fervor with tax holiday for US corp. to repatriate overseas funds back to US at a low tax rate.

The US has been in austerity mode for the last 4 years. No wage or job growth and no interest paid on savings accounts.

A move to SDRs is also hampered by the inability to trade its debt on open markets. US bond market (corp and treasuries) is larger than most global equity markets combined. An illiquid (or nonexistent) debt market is what is holding back a BRICs-based currency as well.

See what EU does this AM, if Draghi sits on his hands without doing anything to pull Europe out of the recessionary spiral it is in, strong dollar will rule the day until year end.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Alan (11th November 2014), Jean-Marie (6th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), PathWalker (7th November 2014), ponda (7th November 2014), seko (7th November 2014), Selene (7th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mgray (here)
    Thanks Paul, interesting thoughts but a bit too draconian and too quick in implementation from where I sit.

As I mentioned last year, an intermediate step would involve a jubilee or debt forgiveness globally to reset astronomical sovereign and corp. debt levels globally. Personal debt may get a smaller haircut than sovereign and corp. debt. This could lead to US nationalistic fervor with tax holiday for US corp. to repatriate overseas funds back to US at a low tax rate.

The US has been in austerity mode for the last 4 years. No wage or job growth and no interest paid on savings accounts.

A move to SDRs is also hampered by the inability to trade its debt on open markets. US bond market (corp and treasuries) is larger than most global equity markets combined. An illiquid (or nonexistent) debt market is what is holding back a BRICs-based currency as well.

See what EU does this AM, if Draghi sits on his hands without doing anything to pull Europe out of the recessionary spiral it is in, strong dollar will rule the day until year end.
    I really doubt we will see a debt jubilee. Rather I figure that JC Collins is right on this point, that we will see a restructuring of major debts into SDR denominated instruments.

SDRs are being reconstituted to become tradable, and to be issued by the various central banks of the world. That's part of the major expansion of the role of the BIS and IMF. Within the next two months, the last major holdout to the IMF 2010 reforms, the US, will consent to those reforms, and to the end of the effective dominance of the IMF by the US.

Yes, the SDR of the past (and of the immediate present) is quite insufficient to such a task. Those limitations will not last much longer.

Yes - the dollar will become increasingly strong in the short term. It's the "bottom dollar" ... the ground floor of the current world monetary system, to which all else collapses. The question will be whether the world monetary system is rebuilt once again on the basis of the US Dollar, or on some other basis. I expect we'll soon enough see the end of the US Dollar as the world's reserve currency. The Dollar rose from the dead once, in the 1970's, when it transitioned from a gold-backed currency to an oil (and opium and guns) backed currency. That will not happen again this time.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Griff (9th November 2014), Jean-Marie (6th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), Rocky_Shorz (6th November 2014), seko (7th November 2014), Selene (7th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Someone asked me privately what the above means for oil, energy, fracking (which my home town of Denton, Texas, just banned in the elections of this week) and the release of free energy.

He speculated that fracking bans such as just passed in Denton would not last for long, when the official world petroleum reserves ran short in a few years.

My response to him, reformatted for here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Once the global monetary reset has mostly occurred, then it might be that "free energy" capabilities can begin to be more visible, along with less reliance on the "petro-dollar" to control the world monetary system.

Unfortunately, oil will continue to be one of the major exports of some important nations, and as such will partially determine the SDR weighting of that nation. Also a few major corporations are still up to their neck in petro-related investments. So I would not expect an avalanche of "free energy" capabilities to be released.

Fracking is only stopped in one modest city in Texas .. the rest of Texas is still the Wild West of Fracking, along with many, many, other places

More likely, I'd guess, shale oil from Canada and Arctic oil from Russia and Alaska, will once again bolster world oil reserves. As well, a world wide economic depression, as part of the global currency reset, will depress demand
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Jean-Marie (6th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (6th November 2014), Ria (6th November 2014), Rocky_Shorz (6th November 2014), seko (7th November 2014), Selene (7th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

A very good explanation: how the manipulation of the gold price is being done to help maintain the dollar value.

American Financial Markets Have No Relationship To Reality — Paul Craig Roberts and Dave Kranzler

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Some interesting things are happening lately in the currency and commodity markets. Silver, Gold and all the precious metals are generally trading at 4 year lows right now while the dollar is approaching its 4 year high against the euro. This suggests that the markets are predicting a generally good economic environment in the USA for the foreseeable future.

However if you are believing that the us economy, and with it the US dollar will go to heck sometime in the next 10 years, right now would seem to be a good time to buy silver, gold, platinum, copper, etc. But realize that the interests of the IMF, world bank, USA, UK, etc are to have the prices of gold and silver, which are the 2 metals commonly used as hedges against economic strife, artificially depressed as much as possible in order to keep the dollar strong.

Right now i see the credit markets beginning another bubble, which will probably go on for at least a couple of years. From my perspective, a economic implosion wont happen until this bubble is burst.
    Last edited by bearcow; 6th November 2014 at 20:37.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

PathWalker (7th November 2014), Selene (7th November 2014)

12. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    Some interesting things are happening lately in the currency and commodity markets. Silver, Gold and all the precious metals are generally trading at 4 year lows right now while the dollar is approaching its 4 year high against the euro. This suggests that the markets are predicting a generally good economic environment in the USA for the foreseeable future.
    The US Dollar is the foundation, the base asset, in the current monetary system, which uses the US Dollar as the reserve currency. When stress increases, other assets tend lower in price and the Dollar is "bought".

Also, applying market logic to this "market" is likely misleading, given the massive degree of price rigging and fraud present.

Monetary systems collapse from the outer, weaker edges, riskier investments, less financially sound companies and countries, inward, to the core currency of the core nation.

The US Dollar will get stronger ... until a recovery of other assets ... or until a global currency reset.

What JC Collins has been presenting for the last 10 months, that I've captured a little of on this thread, is compelling evidence that a global currency reset is in store, and will become evident to most of us, fairly soon. Extensive and detailed plans, involving pretty much all the nations of the world, have been made over the last several years, for this imminent reset.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Griff (9th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), seko (7th November 2014)

14. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's a delightful lesson in how reality (which by my current view is well represented by the posts of JC Collins), and fantasy is woven together to create a plausible story for a wider audience, who don't relate well to the sort of IMF/BIS arcania I have been posting above.

Compare the "story" told in this IMF/BIS thread with the "story" told in this new video by Foster and Kimberly Gamble: Is the Value of your Money About to Change?.

The two stories told are quite different in texture, and half different in detail, but share common overlap in general direction.

I'm guessing that Foster Gamble is working, along with many others, to try to lead/guide/bamboozle/whatever it takes the American people through this transition with minimum risk of serious revolution.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th November 2014 at 22:43.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Griff (9th November 2014), gripreaper (8th November 2014), naste.de.lumina (6th November 2014), Selene (7th November 2014)

16. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Back to JC Collins Global Currency Reset posts ...

In Part Four of JC Collins series, he examines the end of the petro-dollar, the restructuring of sovereign (US and other) debt into SDR bonds, the revaluation of various national and regional currencies, and the inclusion of gold and major resources, such as oil, into the formulae used to calculate the net contribution of each region to the world's economy, and hence of the quotas of each nation in those regions. For example, the Iraqi Dinar will likely gain some value, based on the oil exports of Iraq, but not what some are hoping for. Australia and Canada are already seeing their currencies being accumulated by other central banks, based on their abundant natural resources. The initial settings of these quotas and formulae are a key element of the ongoing negotiations that remain, for now, mostly behind the scenes.

In Part Five of JC Collins series, he observes that the US Congress has been delaying accepting the IMF 2010 Code of Reforms, because "once the reforms are passed and the board restructured the quotas for each country will change and the dollar will be stripped of its reserve currency status." Both the US Dept. of Treasury and (less surprisingly) the IMF are pushing hard to get the US Congress to accept these "reforms". As I've noted above, JC Collins, and myself, expect Congress will do this, within the next couple of months. Meanwhile, other nations have been putting in place workarounds, in case the US Congress delays further. The SDR quotas and composition for each country will be determined by several metrics:
    1. GDP – Self Explanatory
    2. Human Development – Research how China engineered a middle class to fill the empty cities they built over the last ten years.
    3. Ecological Sustainability – Programs through the United Nations make more sense now.
    4. Concentration and Diffusion of Assets – Investigate precious metal price manipulation.
    5. Income – Examples include the growing middle classes of not only China, but also Vietnam and other emerging economies.
    6. Demographics – Immigration and the mass movement of people are directly related to the planning of the new system.
    These calculations will be consolidated on a regional basis, with the regions being perhaps:
    1. Asia and Pacific Region
    2. Europe
    3. Lower Middle East and Northern Africa
    4. Upper Middle East and Central Asia
    5. Western Hemisphere
    6. Southern Africa
    7. South America
    The macro (high level)SDR compositions of each country’s currency will be:
    • 25% Production Commodities (such as oil, gas, rice, wheat, iron ore, etc…)
    • 25% Foreign Reserves and Precious Metals
    • 50% Fiat – Pegged to increase and/or decrease based on the fluctuating values of the above 2 factors.

Parts six through ten still to review.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (7th November 2014), Griff (9th November 2014), gripreaper (8th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Someone asked me privately what the above means for oil, energy, fracking (which my home town of Denton, Texas, just banned in the elections of this week) and the release of free energy.

He speculated that fracking bans such as just passed in Denton would not last for long, when the official world petroleum reserves ran short in a few years.

My response to him, reformatted for here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Once the global monetary reset has mostly occurred, then it might be that "free energy" capabilities can begin to be more visible, along with less reliance on the "petro-dollar" to control the world monetary system.

Unfortunately, oil will continue to be one of the major exports of some important nations, and as such will partially determine the SDR weighting of that nation. Also a few major corporations are still up to their neck in petro-related investments. So I would not expect an avalanche of "free energy" capabilities to be released.

Fracking is only stopped in one modest city in Texas .. the rest of Texas is still the Wild West of Fracking, along with many, many, other places

More likely, I'd guess, shale oil from Canada and Arctic oil from Russia and Alaska, will once again bolster world oil reserves. As well, a world wide economic depression, as part of the global currency reset, will depress demand
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagine Brandon from Virgin pissed they blew up his toy, buying a bunch of reactors from General Atomics to burn radioactive waste, payment for disposal and storage of the toxic waste, pays for the unit. Offer free electricity to the general public for as long as the unit runs, so cheap gas, coal and oil start shutting down powerplants...

19. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    imagine Brandon from Virgin pissed they blew up his toy, buying a bunch of reactors from General Atomics to burn radioactive waste, payment for disposal and storage of the toxic waste, pays for the unit. Offer free electricity to the general public for as long as the unit runs, so cheap gas, coal and oil start shutting down powerplants...
    If he tried that before "it was time", it would be more than his space rocket and test pilot that blew up .

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (7th November 2014), PathWalker (7th November 2014), Rocky_Shorz (7th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

I've just come across this which makes interesting reading in connection with all the foregoing.

Quote Gold and Economic Freedom

by Alan Greenspan

July, 2001
    SPECIAL REPORT

Editor's note
    -
    It may surprise more than a few gold devotees to learn they have an ideological friend in none other than Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan. Starting in the 1950s, in fact, Greenspan was a stalwart member of Ayn Rand's intellectual inner circle. A self-designated "objectivist", Rand preached a strongly libertarian view, applying it to politics and economics, as well as to religion and popular culture. Under her influence, Greenspan wrote for the first issue of what was to become the widely circulated Objectivist Newsletter. When Gerald Ford appointed him to the Council of Economic Advisors, Greenspan invited Rand to his swearing in ceremony. He even attended her funeral in 1982. In 1967, Rand published her non fiction book, Capitalism, the Unknown Ideal. In it, she included Gold and Economic Freedom, the essay by Alan Greenspan which appears below. Drawing heavily from Murray Rothbard's much longer The Mystery of Banking, Greenspan argues persuasively in favor of a gold standard and against the concept of a central bank.
    http://www.usagold.com/publications/greenspan.pdf
    Last edited by Taurean; 7th November 2014 at 00:20.
    Sapere aude

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (7th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    The US Dollar is the foundation, the base asset, in the current monetary system, which uses the US Dollar as the reserve currency. When stress increases, other assets tend lower in price and the Dollar is "bought".
    Listen to the first 3 minutes, 10 seconds of Jim Willie in this interview from last week. He spells out clearly what's happening with the US Dollar.

Jim Willie summarizes it from 1 minute, 10 seconds to 2 minutes, into this interview, saying:
    Quote We're in the end game here where the Dollar is rising and this rise in the Dollar, and fall in gold, does not mean Dollar strength. It means that the Dollar is being used as a weapon and foreign nations are suffering tremendous damage. They cannot compete with the United States that prints money. They cannot do that themselves, so they hunker down with Dollars, and before you know it, you see people in [France?] say "I'm just going to abandon my Euro and buy more Dollars with my savings. I want to preserve it. The Dollar is the Reserve."

Well, the Dollar is going to rise, and rise, and rise, and then die suddenly. I've been saying this for two or three years. It sounds paradoxical. You'd think that a rising Dollar means strength. It doesn't. You've got a lot of different nations and individuals trying to preserve their life savings, their business treasuries, and they are hunkering down in Dollars because their nations cannot compete with the United States that prints money.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th November 2014 at 11:25.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (7th November 2014), Gardener (13th February 2015), Griff (9th November 2014), gripreaper (8th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), PathWalker (7th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Taurean (here)
    I've just come across this which makes interesting reading in connection with all the foregoing.
    Yes - "they" are about to make a difficult transition in the world monetary system. "They" also have immense power and wealth invested in that system, so they don't want it all to just collapse into another "dark ages", or blow up in a nuclear winter. They want a functioning world economy to come out the other side.

So it seems that "they" are guiding as many people as they can through the transition, without actually empowering any non-elites sufficiently to throw a monkey wrench into the overall plan.

Earlier this was done with more idiosyncratic "flakes and oddballs" that only spoke to a small audience, so as not to cause mass disruption ... spokesman such as Lindsey Williams speaking to US Bible Belt Christians, or a variety of "Gold Bugs." Recently spokesman closer to the main stream, such as Forest Gamble (see my Post #28, above) or Alan Greenspan (as you posted), are speaking out ... these people are closer to the establishment, but not speaking in any current "official capacity".

In each case, those speaking out are conveying a blend of good insight, useful guidance, and (dis/mis/non)-information, tailored to some particular audience, easily ignored by most others.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Griff (9th November 2014), gripreaper (8th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), Taurean (7th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

There's also a real word answer to the dramatic drop in gold and crude oil prices.
    The US is trying to cripple Putin and Russia for Crimea aggression by having Saudi Arabia flood the market with sub $80 oil. Russia needs $90-$100 oil to make a profit. Saudi needs $15 - $20 oil to make a profit
    So Putin is forced to sell gold to make up shortfall in revenue in order to bring in food for the winter.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Gardener (13th February 2015), Griff (9th November 2014), JRS (8th November 2014), ThePythonicCow (7th November 2014)

29. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There's also a real word answer to the dramatic drop in gold and crude oil prices.
    The US is trying to cripple Putin and Russia for Crimea aggression by having Saudi Arabia flood the market with sub $80 oil. Russia needs $90-$100 oil to make a profit. Saudi needs $15 - $20 oil to make a profit
    So Putin is forced to sell gold to make up shortfall in revenue in order to bring in food for the winter.
    The main beneficiary of low Saudi oil prices has been China -- which has been the main buyer of that price discounted Saudi oil: Mysterious Chinese Buyer Of Record Crude Oil Cargoes Revealed. My hunch is that neither the Saudis nor the Chinese were surprised by this, and that the Saudis are covertly shifting their allegiance from the US towards China and the BRICS.

I have not seen any evidence or even hint of evidence that Russia is selling gold, quite the contrary. Nor have I seen any evidence that the dropping price of gold and silver is due to Russia selling gold. Rather, as I posted a couple of posts up, what we're seeing is the final gasp of the US Dollar (as you know, a strong dollar correlates with weak dollar prices for key commodities and monetary minerals.)

Do you have any such evidence ?

30. Link to Post #37
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

The main beneficiary of low Saudi oil prices has been China -- which has been the main buyer of that price discounted Saudi oil: Mysterious Chinese Buyer Of Record Crude Oil Cargoes Revealed. My hunch is that neither the Saudis nor the Chinese were surprised by this, and that the Saudis are covertly shifting their allegiance from the US towards China and the BRICS.

I have not seen any evidence or even hint of evidence that Russia is selling gold, quite the contrary. Nor have I seen any evidence that the dropping price of gold and silver is due to Russia selling gold. Rather, as I posted a couple of posts up, what we're seeing is the final gasp of the US Dollar (as you know, a strong dollar correlates with weak dollar prices for key commodities and monetary minerals.)

Don't forget 'Lindsey Williams' intel on this very subject back in 2011...

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    How the "Dominoes Will Fall"?

Brief History Lesson (OPEC) Oil is the World's Currency, Not the $USD!

Between 1977 - 1980
    • Henry Kissinger Cut a Deal with the Middle Eastern Oil producing Nations (Opec), which stated the US would buy Oil from them ONLY if part of the payment was in US Federal Reserve TBills & Securities.

NWO 2012 (Strategic Plan)
    • Remember Ken Fromm's (Now Dead NWO Insider) statement he made to Lindsey Quote: "If it's written on a piece of paper, then it's only worth the piece of paper it's written on"!
    • The current Middle Eastern Crisis (Partially caused by the NWO backed Muslim Brotherhood) will continue to exacerbate throughout Egypt, Lybia, Yemen, Turkey, Morroco, Saudi Arabia, etc.
    • Oil will increase to around $200 USD per Barrell affecting Cars, Trucks, Airlines & Military leading to 'Massive Increases' to the cost of Food, Transport and Cost of Living.
    • This is when the Middle Eastern Oil producing Nations will be "DOUBLECROSSED" by the NWO/Elite by collapsing the $USD, therefore rendering all the US Federal Reserve TBills & Securites held by these Countries 'WorthLess'!
    • Once this transpires there will be a 'Huge Backlash' and the Oil will cease to flow to the US!

Summary from Left to Right:
    • Middle East (Crisis Escalating) - Oil Price $200 USD/Barrel - NWO/Elite "DoubleCross' Collapse of the $USD - Middle Eastern Countries Economically ruined.

Conclusion:
    • Once the above has 'Transpired' the NWO/Elite will open up it's own Oil Reserves (Known about for the last 50 years) i.e. North Slope of Alaska, Gull Island, including Bracken Rigde which sits under the Rocky Mountains and holds upwards of 2 Trillion Barrels (announced by George W.Bush in 2005).
    • Once this has been done Americans will be forced to pay upwards of $7-8 per Gallon! Combined with the $USD Collapse, this is when the NWO/Elite will bring in their "One World Currency"!
    • There will be 'NO' Food Shortage! The Grocery shelves will be fully stocked. BUT most people will not be able to afford it!

China and Russia?
    • Ken Fromm Quote to Lindsey " China is the Big One"!
    • China 'WILL NOT BE AFFECTED' by this 'Oil/Middle East Crisis' because it has signed an Exclusive deal with Russia to buy all the Oil & Natural Gas they want from them!

Hope this information helps you all prepare for what may be yet to come! Depending on how many people find out this NWO/Plan before it's too late!

Can I suggest you send this to all your family and friends so they too can help Prepare and/or Prevent the NWO/Elite's Final Agenda.

Thanks for reading this...

PS - I recommend you watch listen to all 5 clips below as the 'above info' is only a summary. I didn't have time to include all the information...

Part 1 - Introduction & Historical Overview of NWO Plan

Part 2 - NWO Strategic Plan & Secret backing of 'Muslim Brotherhood' (Next Steps)

Part 3 - NWO Strategic Plan & "Arab Nations NWO DoubleCross" (New Information)

Part 4 - NWO 2012 Timeline, George Bush Snr (China)

Part 5 - Callers on Arab DoubleCross, Lindsey Williams & Alex Jones (Summary)

31. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Don't forget 'Lindsey Williams' intel on this very subject back in 2011...
    Oh ... I haven't forgotten Lindsey .

I've been posting some of his material here for years. I mentioned him just four posts earlier in this thread, in Post #34

===

Like all such intel, including my own, it has not been perfect. One has to sort through the garage sales to find the treasures, and often a bit of work is needed to restore even that.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th November 2014 at 14:29.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Griff (9th November 2014), gripreaper (8th November 2014)

33. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

The cheap crude price is for the US market, Saudi oil ministers announced this in the beginning of Nov.
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/saudi...ket-1415063053
    It works on many levels. It reduces oil fracking since the price to bring fracked oil to surface and ship to refineries is north of $90.
    It punishes Russia which loses money on every barrel sold under $95-$100.
    And although it back fired reduces US gas prices just prior to the mid-term elections.

The disconnect between dollar, oil and gold shows there's a big seller in the market. Russia suffering from EU sanctions as winter rolls in needs to have supplies and cash to pay. The ruble is cratering so they are bartering with gold.
    They have the 5th largest supply of gold on the planet.

Today's $35 jump was off of Greenspan's comments to CFR on gold's value as a currency. His statements were allegedly redacted from transcript.

You make outlandish statements from someone pitching gold on YouTube and you ask me for proof. lol
    See link above.

34. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The cheap crude price is for the US market, Saudi oil ministers announced this in the beginning of Nov.
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/saudi...ket-1415063053
    It works on many levels. It reduces oil fracking since the price to bring fracked oil to surface and ship to refineries is north of $90.
    It punishes Russia which loses money on every barrel sold under $95-$100.
    And although it back fired reduces US gas prices just prior to the mid-term elections.
    That Wall Street Journal article is behind their paywall. Likely you're a subscriber, but I am not, and likely many others of those reading this are not. Perhaps the article at the following link is a copy of that article: Saudi price cut upends oil market.

Yes, according to that article, the Saudi's are selling oil cheaper to the US (making US fracking less profitable), while charging more for oil going to other locations, including Asia, after having cut those prices for the previous four months.

The disconnect between dollar, oil and gold shows there's a big seller in the market. Russia suffering from EU sanctions as winter rolls in needs to have supplies and cash to pay. The ruble is cratering so they are bartering with gold.
    They have the 5th largest supply of gold on the planet.

Today's $35 jump was off of Greenspan's comments to CFR on gold's value as a currency. His statements were allegedly redacted from transcript.

You make outlandish statements from someone pitching gold on YouTube and you ask me for proof. lol
    See link above.
    Stronger US Dollar, lower Dollar denominated prices for oil, gas and (I presume) other items ... that is not so much a disconnect, in my view, as it is a connection -- one very essence of a stronger Dollar is lowered Dollar denominated prices (though "stronger Dollar" also often refers to Forex rates, relative to other major currencies.)

You answered my question as to whether you had evidence that Russia was selling gold with a repeat of that assertion and a (mild mannered) slam of my links as being from someone pitching gold. To which link did you refer? None of Zerohedge, Jim Willie or JC Collins sell gold, to the best of my knowledge. (But, given your bullish avatar and long standing interest and viewpoints on topics such as these, I presume that you do have a financial interest in some aspect of "Wall Street" ... should I discount your analysis on that account? <grin>)

I actually was interested in evidence that Russia is selling gold. The US Dollar denominated price of gold has been in general decline for over three years now, falling from a peak of over $1880 in August 2011, to a low of about $1133 earlier this week. I doubted that Russia has been selling gold for most of that time.

So I went looking myself for further data.

According to the following articles (one of which is a site selling gold), it seems that Russia has been buying gold in large quantities for years, and then sold a little in September.:From the above articles, it seems that the following graph (posted on the above MaxKeiser link) reasonably reflects Russia's gold holdings over the last 20 years, up to August 2014:
    ~~~~~~~

Bucking the above long term trend, Russia did sell a little of their gold in Sept 2014, for the reasons you stated: Central Bank Gold Buying Slows, As Russia Sells Precious Metal In September: IMF Data (International Business Times; Oct 2014):
    Quote Gold buying by the world’s central banks has slowed so far this year compared to last year, though central banks as a whole remain net buyers of the metal, the latest International Monetary Fund (IMF) data shows.

But the surprise is that Russia, a key and consistent buyer in recent years, sold 12,000 ounces of gold in September.

Still, the country now owns 32 million troy ounces of gold, up from the 20.8 million it owned in 2009.
    If you're suggesting that the recent decline in the price of gold, continuing the declining trend of the last three years, was due to that (puny) sale of 12,000 ounces ... I have an old cable-stayed/suspension bridge for sale ... perhaps you'd be interested .
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 8th November 2014 at 07:38.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

gripreaper (8th November 2014), Mark (8th November 2014), NancyV (8th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 LastLast