+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My studies on the Tree of Life

1. Link to Post #21
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,663 times in 349 posts

Default Re: My studies on the Tree of Life

Unfortunately many of my books are in storage but I have a few I keep handy for reference. Here are 3 I refer to on occasion.

1. The Cabalah of Astrology: the Language of Number by William Eisen
    2. The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages by Paul Foster Case (has the image from post #9)
    3. The Hebrew Alphabet: A Mystical Journey by Edward Hoffman

From number 3, the Hebrew Alphabet, on pg. 56 about the letter Mem:
    "As a double letter, Mem begins and closes the Hebrew word for water (mayim), and symbolizes for Jewish mystics the vast sea of human consciousness containing depths concealed from view. In the Kabbalistic outlook, we each have deep regions of intuitive knowledge and sensitivity seldom acknowledged - much less honored - in civilization today. Yet, these watery realms of spirit are vital to our overall well being."

Sets of uncolored Tarot Keys and coloring instructions are available from www.bota.org
    I must also confess to having taken the Flower of Life workshop that Drunvalo Melchizedek used to offer and we actually made all five of the Platonic solids with straws. This workshop enabled me to play around with sacred geometry in a fun way that made it easier to get some of the deeper understanding of how it all ties together. Plus we also got to dowse each other's energy field. That was fun. So it seems that everything relates to everything else. I guess, if I was to sum it up, in many ways this type of understanding helps one to realize how much everything is connected and it is a study of those relationships.

Oh yeah, and I have to add the book: It is Allright by Isabel Hickey. Hard to come by but you can sometimes find it used. It has a great little story about the journey of the tarot. I'll include this following book just for you Robin, as I know you are/have been engaged in a study of all things Jewish. It's called: The Wisdom of the Hebrew Alphabet by Rabbi Michael L. Munk. This book will give you a considerable amount of history of the people along with the alphabet. Kind of deep, but very interesting.
    Last edited by spiritwind; 14th January 2015 at 17:26.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (14th January 2015), Pam (14th January 2015), william r sanford72 (14th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

I feel the need to point out the why of my emphasis on water. Throughout the 3 years of intense study of The Tree, there were many issues with water. I must say you don't undertake these studies unless you really want to face yourself. It is, to me, a form of shadow work if undertaken the way I did it anyway. All that is in the subconscious that you are largely unaware of will come up for you, and fortunately, not all of it is bad. I was a person who avoided conflict at all costs. I tried to always be nice and wanted everyone to like me. I had problems with authority figures all my life and suddenly I was the authority figure.

About 6 months into my studies my husband and I became managers of our 3rd mobile home community. There were over a hundred homes there. In all three parks there were water problems. The last being the most extreme. This was going on throughout my studies. Over 300 people lived there and my husband and I were the go betweens for the tenants and the owner who looked at it as just a business. So there I had conflict up the wazu. It is a very long story but the universe couldn't have designed it any better to have every possible button pushed for me. Imagine, 300 angry people. It took 3 years to get a new well put in, through no fault of our own. We had to deal with the Dept. of Health, a couple of engineers, a well driller, the owner and, last but not least, the tenants who could not figure how it could possibly take that long just to put a well in.

I also find water fascinating in itself. I am a fan of Masaro Emoto's books as well as Victor Schauberger's work, having read Nature as Teacher. Water holds memory and is alive. Water can carry energy, either positively charged or negatively charged. It knows what love is. You can learn much just from the study of water. It connects to the emotions and held traumas that need to be acknowledged and released. Water can heal.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (14th January 2015), Pam (14th January 2015), seko (16th January 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

"I also find water fascinating in itself. I am a fan of Masaro Emoto's books as well as Victor Schauberger's work, having read Nature as Teacher. Water holds memory and is alive. Water can carry energy, either positively charged or negatively charged. It knows what love is. You can learn much just from the study of water. It connects to the emotions and held traumas that need to be acknowledged and released. Water can heal." quoted from spiritwind

I was so delighted to read of your appreciation and understanding of the wonders of water,spiritwind. I think the work or Masaro Emoto has done more to modify my understanding of the intelligence of the universe than all written words could ever do. I am so saddened that we, as a species, are so disrespectful of water. I am so blown away when I think about the properties and attributes of water. The way water carries memory and how it responds to energy. When you think that we are primarily made of water it gives more meaning to the fact that we are all connected. Water carries to us the memory and energies of the ages and when we give up our bodily forms we add to the field of energy, memory and information.

I had to come back and add another thought. When I first discovered the photos of water in books published by Masaro Emoto I was so fascinated and excited that I bought multiple copies of his books to share. In my mind, one could not look at his work and not be transformed by it. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I never had one person that I gave the books to that wanted to discuss them, ask questions or expressed any further interest in what they might imply. I always wondered about that. I guess there are a lot of people that just don't want to learn anything that will challenge their take of the world, I guess it is comforting to maintain the status quo.
    Last edited by Pam; 14th January 2015 at 20:39.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ahnung-quay (15th January 2015), Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (14th January 2015), noprophet (15th January 2015), spiritwind (14th January 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

I can never recommend this book enough.

Mystical Qabalah - Dion Fortune

I've bought it three times and I keep giving it away, then decide I want to reground my understandings and get it again

If you're already familiar with the scheme of things, page 73 forward, of that link, is really getting into the nuts and bolts.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Muzz (15th January 2015), Pam (15th January 2015), seko (16th January 2015), spiritwind (15th January 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Ok guys. Now you have me intrigued enough that I am going to look into the Qabalah Further. For someone who is new to this information, which of the books mentioned in the thread do you recommend?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Robin (16th January 2015), spiritwind (16th January 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Ok guys. Now you have me intrigued enough that I am going to look into the Qabalah Further. For someone who is new to this information, which of the books mentioned in the thread do you recommend?
    I would recommend any of these books, which are in PDF form:

Seventy-eight Degrees of Wisdom: A Study of Tarot
    Introduction to the Qabalah
    The Key to the True Quabbalah
    The Mystical Qabalah
    The Symbolism of the Tarot (P.D. Ouspensky)
    Wisdom of Tarot (Paul Foster Case)
    Elements of the Qabalah (Eliphas Levi)
    Esoteric Tarot (Lewis Keiser)
    Highlights of Tarot (Paul Foster Case)
    An Introduction to the Study of Tarot (Paul Foster Case)
    Keys to Kabbalah (Alan Bain)
    The Qabalistic Tarot (Robert Wang)
    A Pictorial Key to the Tarot (Arthur E. Waite)
    The Book of Thoth (Aleister Crowley)

In order to study the Tarot, I would recommend you have a physical deck of Tarot cards that you can look at.

Here is a PDF file of the classic Rider-Waite deck, which is a good place to start:

Rider-Waite Tarot Deck

You can also peruse this website at all the many hundreds of Tarot decks created by people. Some are fanciful and some have deep occult symbolism.

I hope that this helps.

Robin
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

AlaBil (16th January 2015), Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), leavesoftrees (16th January 2015), Love (11th August 2015), Pam (16th January 2015), spiritwind (16th January 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

If you start with any of the 3 works by Paul Foster Case, you can't go wrong. His writing is clear and concise, and if you follow him through it will give you a thorough introduction to the Tarot and Kabbalah. Paul Case started BOTA which provides an amazing study of all facets of the Western mystery tradition

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Pam (16th January 2015), Robin (16th January 2015), spiritwind (16th January 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member AlaBil's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 times in 186 posts

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlaBil For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Pam (16th January 2015), Robin (16th January 2015), spiritwind (16th January 2015)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. Robin, I love your pic. It's interesting, you look just like what I thought you would look like.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Robin (16th January 2015)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Those are some great recommendations everyone. It is so nice to see some interest in the Kabbalah. I would love to hear about anyone else's personal experiences. I know each person will have a different perspective and all are welcome. I am a bit distracted today as we just had another 4-5 inches of snow on top of a foot that was already there. Plus, our smallest goat who snuck through the fence and got pregnant way earlier than planned had 2 healthy kids last night. And now I'm off to work.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Thank you for this yummy thread Spiritwind

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), spiritwind (17th January 2015)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

It is interesting that I felt myself drawn to talk about and start with the letter Mem. It might take me a bit to come around to what I am trying to say here, but a few of you might be able to bear with me. If you can’t, I fully understand. I have to add one more component to this picture. Besides taking a bunch of workshops in 2003, and then my official beginning of my studies of the tree starting the following spring, I also had another element to my studies, which at first may seem unrelated, but in my mind, since I am looking at everything symbolically, everything is related to everything else.

I had a little store for a year in a small town, and sold a variety of items related to my areas of interest. We had a new and used book section, and, among many other things, a deck of Jamie Sams and David Carson’s Medicine Cards for sale in my store. I walked by them every day, wanting to take them off the shelf and start working with them, but kept telling myself I couldn’t keep everything I wanted or I wouldn’t even be able to pay my overhead costs. Now, you can believe this or not, but here is what happened on May 15, 2003, just months before a whole bunch of changes happened in our life and I had to close the store. A young white guy comes in (as in, doesn’t look Native American at all – blond hair, I think blue eyes). He looks around for a few minutes and then picks up the deck I had been walking by every day, and strikes up a conversation. Anyway, I can’t even remember what he said now, but then he left. And I walked over and grabbed them off the shelf and said to myself “I’m going to just go for it and buy another deck for the store and keep them”. I walked to the back of the store, and I’m tearing the wrapper off the deck of cards, and my friend tells me someone is in the store. It’s that guy again. And he tells me this wild story about how I need to have those cards (I had already figured this out), and insisted on paying for them. He told me he was a shaman (I know, eyes roll), and gives me this paper that says on one side: no more Yin Yang, 100% Faith. I never saw him again.

So, besides everything else, astrology and tarot which I had been working with for 10 years, and the beginning of my study of the tree the following year, I was introduced to another form of working with symbols. My experience of working with these has tremendously enriched my life, and so as I worked with them, I realized that some of the meanings astrologically and in working with the tarot, matched up nicely with some of the animal cards and how and when they came up in my life. Huge synchronicities.

I remember I used to get rabbit card a lot when I first started working with this deck. And I often got it when I was already emotionally upset. This card, among other things, represents fear. Getting this card seemed to indicate that I might have a lot of fear. I got this card so much, sometimes I even knew ahead. And sometimes I was already so upset that it made me mad. This may sound funny, but I can remember almost wanting to just give it up, it made me so upset (I can clearly remember fighting the urge to throw them in the trash one day, LOL!). But I didn’t. I kept asking what the fear had to teach me. Most of you have probably watched V for Vendetta. The more you turn around and face your fears, the stronger you become, the less easily controlled and influenced by outside forces. This has been my personal experience.

The next path on the tree is nun, the fish. It is represented by the tarot card Death/The Close. It has a connection to the end of the Piscean Age, the age of being immersed in the sea of consciousness, martyrdom, sacrifice, and illusion. From Highlights of the Tarot: “Behind the fearsome and forbidding aspect of this Key lies a world of inspired meaning. In the first place, the scene is not sunset, as you might suppose, but sunrise. The card does not represent the end, but the real meaning of Death, which is change, motion, transformation. Death is but a gateway to a larger life in reality. It is the power represented by this Key that transforms our consciousness and releases it from the trammels and limitations that now hamper it’s free expression…all of our knowledge of Life rests upon it’s continual motion and change, disintegration for the release of energy”.

Some way on our journey to freedom, we must face our own fallibility, we must be willing to allow to die, all that no longer serves our highest good. The next letter Samech, and the tarot Key Temperance/The Guide shows the way out; it takes us down the center of the tree and provides our support through the cultivation of faith, and the certainty of a higher order. It also has to do with the cultivation of trust in the self, and confidence that one can handle whatever comes up in ones path.

I don’t know if any of you have read a book called The Zoo Story, but it has a saying in there: sometimes you have to go a long ways to come back a short distance. The reason all of this has come pouring out of me has to do with the fact that years ago, when I first started working with the Medicine Card deck, one day, about a month after I got them, I chose the Owl card. When I think of owl I think of Pluto and the eight house. Birth, death, sex, other people’s money. Well, on this day my daughter’s pet rat died, and my son’s cat had kittens, one of which has a miracle story of survival. These types of things make me think and feel deeply. As I held that little kitten in my arms I fully accepted that it was out of my power whether he lived or died, but I would do what I could anyway. He did live.

Fast forward to yesterday. Our littlest goat had 2 beautiful kids. The littlest one, a girl, was so fragile we weren’t sure she would make it. I got enough milk from mama to get her started, got her dried off and warmed up, even made a little shirt for her. The other one, a boy, was very robust, and had much thicker fur and was all around healthier appearing in every way. But I couldn’t get him to nurse before I had to leave for work. I made sure he got several helpings of mother’s milk anyway, but he just didn’t seem to be able to figure it out. The little girl was actually nursing well when we had to leave. I couldn’t take the night off because someone got fired at work and there was no one else to cover. I had a friend check on them, who said they seemed fine just about 3 hours before we got home. I had also left a heat lamp near the entrance to help keep out the cold.

Well, when we got home the little guy was not doing well at all. We tried to get him to eat, to no avail. My husband laid with him on his chest until shortly before he passed. We don’t know for sure what happened. We suspect that the mom laid on him because of the way he was laying when we got home, but it also could have been from not getting anything to eat for many hours. We ended up sleeping for several hours with the little girl between us. Now, this is just a little story here. Nothing big, but just to use to illustrate how I don’t just read about the Kabbalah, I apply it. This story involves my fear that I didn’t do enough. Maybe a little guilt mixed in. Relief that the little girl is alive and well.; and a deep and abiding respect for the miracle of life itself. Just as I did 12 years ago when I got the owl card that day (and I have a couple of amazing owl stories besides this one). It’s like coming around to the same place again, and choosing to take the road “between two extreme courses of action”, as represented by Death on the one side of Temperance, and the Devil/Temptation (Ayin-Eye) on the other side. I could choose the path of pushing away the pain of loss, the sadness involved with knowing even after we did all we could, we could not save his life. Or I could have chosen not to care at all I guess (not really).

It was beyond our power. Acceptance of that truth holds the power of grace, the power of choosing to feel all that comes up for review. Relief that the other one lived, that mom is okay, sadness that we could not anticipate what would happen and forgiveness that we made the choice to not let others down at work.

Emotions are not our enemy, but they are often treated as though they are. Who knows, maybe we were genetically tinkered with, maybe some more than others do feel too intensely. But we have a unique ability to also make the choice to not judge, and just see what these emotions, pleasant and unpleasant alike, have to teach us.
    Last edited by spiritwind; 17th January 2015 at 18:58.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

Dawn (20th January 2015), Gemma13 (17th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Lunesoleil (15th December 2020), Pam (18th January 2015), Robin (19th January 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Thank you for your beautiful "little story". It is very touching, Spiritwind and it moved me deeply. The interesting thing was that it provided encouragement for me in a way you would never expect. I find it interesting that sometimes something we say can provide a profound message for someone in a way that was never intended. I find this a most beautiful way that the universe has of communicating within itself. We receive the help and encouragement we need if we are open to receiving it.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Dawn (20th January 2015), Grizz Griswold (18th January 2015), Robin (19th January 2015), spiritwind (18th January 2015)

27. Link to Post #34
    Finland Avalon Member vortexpoint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Robin Galdek (here)

As far myself, I've learned everything that I know about the Tarot from J.R.R. Tolkien. I even have his version of the Tree of Life tattooed on my chest!
    Hey Robin! Can you elaborate a little how you learned about tarot from Tolkien? I started pondering Tolkien, Golden Dawn, Tarot and Lord of the Rings. There is some internet rumors that Tolkien if not a member himself had some connections to the HOGD. What ever the truth in that is I had a thought that maybe the lord of the rings has something in common with the tarot.

I didn't have to think very far. The main hero Frodo of course represents the first tarot card the Fool. He is innocent person, full of potential ready to go for an adventure. Second he meets the Wizard Gandalf who represents the magician in the Tarot. Early on they meet Aragorn who I quess represents hermit first but is transformed into the emperor. The group go through the dwarven city Morya which could be interpreted as going through abyss in the tree of life. It is Gandalf who then drops into the abyss along with the Balrog demon, and is transformed into higher level being. After that they go to Elven city and meet Lady Galadriel who represents the high priestess.

Long story short: The two towers: Saurons and Sarumans represent Jachin and Boaz. Sauron represent the Devil and Saruman represents hierophant. The destruction of their towers is naturally represented by the tarot card the tower.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vortexpoint For This Post:

Robin (4th February 2015), spiritwind (4th February 2015)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by vortexpoint (here)

As far myself, I've learned everything that I know about the Tarot from J.R.R. Tolkien. I even have his version of the Tree of Life tattooed on my chest!
    Hey Robin! Can you elaborate a little how you learned about tarot from Tolkien? I started pondering Tolkien, Golden Dawn, Tarot and Lord of the Rings. There is some internet rumors that Tolkien if not a member himself had some connections to the HOGD. What ever the truth in that is I had a thought that maybe the lord of the rings has something in common with the tarot.

I didn't have to think very far. The main hero Frodo of course represents the first tarot card the Fool. He is innocent person, full of potential ready to go for an adventure. Second he meets the Wizard Gandalf who represents the magician in the Tarot. Early on they meet Aragorn who I quess represents hermit first but is transformed into the emperor. The group go through the dwarven city Morya which could be interpreted as going through abyss in the tree of life. It is Gandalf who then drops into the abyss along with the Balrog demon, and is transformed into higher level being. After that they go to Elven city and meet Lady Galadriel who represents the high priestess.

Long story short: The two towers: Saurons and Sarumans represent Jachin and Boaz. Sauron represent the Devil and Saruman represents hierophant. The destruction of their towers is naturally represented by the tarot card the tower.
    You made some good correlations! Currently, I'm writing a book that is going to detail everything one would need to know about Tolkien and his works. Yes, he was a high-ranking member of the Golden Dawn. I hope to have my book finished by the summer.

As far as the Tarot goes, here are the correlations:

Fool=Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin
    Hermit=Gandalf
    Strength=Legolas
    Chariot=Gimli
    Lovers=Aragorn
    Hierophant=Saruman
    The Emperor=Rohan
    The Empress=Gondor
    High Priestess=Galadriel
    Magician=Elrond

I'll go into great detail about these correspondences in my book, but you'll have to be patient.

Robin
    ~Henry David Thoreau

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

spiritwind (5th February 2015), vortexpoint (5th February 2015)

31. Link to Post #36
    Finland Avalon Member vortexpoint's Avatar
    Thanks

You made some good correlations! Currently, I'm writing a book that is going to detail everything one would need to know about Tolkien and his works. Yes, he was a high-ranking member of the Golden Dawn. I hope to have my book finished by the summer.

Hermit=Gandalf
    Strength=Legolas
    Chariot=Gimli
    Lovers=Aragorn
    Hierophant=Saruman
    The Emperor=Rohan
    The Empress=Gondor
    High Priestess=Galadriel
    Magician=Elrond

I'll go into great detail about these correspondences in my book, but you'll have to be patient.

Robin
    How interesting!

Looks like I made some wrong assumptions too :-)

By the way what is your source about Tolkien as a high ranking Golden Dawn member? Only source I could find was some unknown source telling that Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were members but no proof what so ever.

ps. Good luck with your book!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to vortexpoint For This Post:

Robin (5th February 2015)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Hermit=Gandalf
    Strength=Legolas
    Chariot=Gimli
    Lovers=Aragorn
    Hierophant=Saruman
    The Emperor=Rohan
    The Empress=Gondor
    High Priestess=Galadriel
    Magician=Elrond

Robin
    How interesting!

Looks like I made some wrong assumptions too :-)

By the way what is your source about Tolkien as a high ranking Golden Dawn member? Only source I could find was some unknown source telling that Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were members but no proof what so ever.

ps. Good luck with your book!
    These are my Tree of Life correspondences, but there is no way knowing what Tolkien actually intended. The Tarot is all about understanding the sense of self, and that comes with making one's own correspondences and taking meanings from them. There's really no "wrong" way to do it as long as one learns from the correspondences. There are many ways one could look at a Tolkien spread, but I'm confident that my correspondences are accurate to Tolkien's intentions.

There is no physical evidence that he was a member of the Golden Dawn, but the proof is in his writing and his life interactions.
    Last edited by Robin; 5th February 2015 at 18:03.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

spiritwind (5th February 2015), vortexpoint (5th February 2015)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 times in 420 posts

Here is another look at the tree of life. I made this chart to help. It is my interpretation on the explanation given by Mattias De Stefano (highly recommend him).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tree of Life Universe.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	45485

His video where he explains it starting at approximately 39 minutes. The whole video is quite good though.

Last edited by Merkaba360; 15th December 2020 at 16:42.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (16th December 2020), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

37. Link to Post #39
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: My studies on the Tree of Life

Last edited by Lunesoleil; 15th December 2020 at 22:20. Reason: change image format

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (16th December 2020), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

39. Link to Post #40
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

The more I work with the vesica piscis the more I understand the imparted 'spin', the fundamental momentum of the universe.

The intersecting part of the two circles forms the arc/ray - the slippery part, the moving part. It is the perfect shape and the shape with the least number of sides, two arcs combined in an oblong orientation. This is the thing that transfers the thing we call energy. But what it truly is, is manifest intention.

If a single flower of life is drawn, the central circle will be divided into six parts, six petals. If from this flower a triangle is drawn at the vertices of intersecting circles, an interesting shape is revealed. It is a ratchet arrangement of three curved prongs, a triangle of sorts with arcs for sides, corresponding to the shape of the arc/ray. This is the perfect triangle.

The arc/ray and the perfect triangle tile reality in a two dimensional mosaic. The ray slips between the prongs of the triangles, apparently traveling in a straight line. As it passes a slight energy transfer imparts a spin on the triangles - conversely, perhaps the triangle spinning imparts a slight bit of momentum to the arc/ray. In either case, the rays speed up and the triangles spin up to impossible speeds due to this process.

What I find especially interesting is how the process had to start with one circle, and how that circle had to encompass all of reality. And as it returned from the edges of reality, reflected by the limits of intention it answered itself, fulfilling its purpose. Returning from the boundary of reality it rejoined itself, creating the vesica piscis, the womb of reality.

Out of that womb has spun all of this enormous universe. And spinning so fast that some portions seem to be separate entities we call matter.

I could go deeper because it has no bottom, there is no final calculation or equation or model that sums up the whole because the whole is greater than the sum of its perceptible parts. The best definition, the best symbol, the most comprehensive model, of reality is The Flower of Life.

By the way...the Tree of Life is the 2-dimensional depiction of the 5th perfect Newtonian 3-dimensional Shape, the icosahedron.

The icosahedron has twenty equal triangular sides. The ten sephorot of the Tree of Life corresponds to the ten vertices of the icosahedron!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DeeMetrios (17th December 2020), Dorjezigzag (16th December 2020), william r sanford72 (16th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2