+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for info on Qi Gong/Tai Chi

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Looking for info on Qi Gong/Tai Chi

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered a particularly potent form of Tai Chi/Qi Gong that would be suitable for a relative (though not total) newcomer. I've been practicing Shibashi set one (18 movements) and 8 strands of the Brocade for about a year now which I learned via a class.

Was looking to expand on this and go further into my practice though it seems there are so many different styles and forms, it's a little mind boggling!

Anyone practice anything that they'd particularly recommend?

Many thanks in advance

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AxisMundi For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st January 2015), ghostrider (20th January 2015), MikeW (21st February 2015), NancyV (20th January 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (20th January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th January 2015), Violet (20th January 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: Looking for info on Qi Gong/Tai Chi

For me , mixing Tai Chi with Jujitsu years ago before Jujitsu was popular , opened a door that showed me the inner life force of a human being is the key , the style matters not , it's all in using Chi and making whatever style you learn your own , you know with your own spin on it ... one can't go wrong with Shaolin Kung Fu mixed with Tai Chi ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st January 2015), AxisMundi (20th January 2015), Bee (20th January 2015), MikeW (21st February 2015), NancyV (20th January 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (20th January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th January 2015), Violet (20th January 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Lightbulb Re: Looking for info on Qi Gong/Tai Chi

After being involved my entire life in martial arts you'll not find any Tai Chi or Chi Gong organization more informative, open and honest than http://taijiworld.com/

If you do then let me know...

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 times in 463 posts

I've started an online qigong course with this group, which is great.

http://www.energyarts.com/qigong

You also have a DVD option, if you cant find a course near you.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bee (20th January 2015), MikeW (21st February 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (20th January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    France Avalon Member jeanpistache's Avatar
    Thanks

I like www.falundafa.org because the master know about aliens.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jeanpistache For This Post:

AxisMundi (20th January 2015), Bee (20th January 2015), Fox (22nd January 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (20th January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Hi,
    7th breath In London do it. The emphasis is on the Spiritual/energetic aspect rather than Combat. It is based on Dan Harden's work.
    As a total beginner I found that the energy moving through me was awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/7th-B...100?fref=photo

http://www.bodyworkseminars.org/

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

AxisMundi (20th January 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (20th January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th January 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    Indonesia Avalon Member octobpra's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello AxisMundi , i wanna share my knowledge......
    I am mastering qi since 2010 till now....... there is two group of qi (chi) 1. soft chi 2. hard chi, and there is moving based chi and stay based chi,
    the foundation of all is soft chi and stay chi , what is mean ? this mean chi based on stay not moving so soft chi is based on meditation for create micro cosmic from dantien to open 72 gate meridian of our body......... this meditation just focus on dantien or top of head.... if somebody have already master this base of all chi then chi can projected without meditation can be heal life being either human animal or plant and can be use to martial art and this chi become hard chi kung....but i am only mastering soft chi base on meditation and i can heal any of life being......
    maybe this i can share for you my friend and to all of avalonians......cheers.......
    salam........
    Budijanto Pra (octobpra)

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to octobpra For This Post:

AxisMundi (20th January 2015), Axman (20th January 2015), conk (22nd January 2015), Fox (22nd January 2015), ghostrider (21st January 2015), Jake (21st January 2015), Limor Wolf (20th January 2015), ponda (20th January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015), Tamelca (23rd June 2017), Violet (20th January 2015), wnlight (21st January 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

BTW: If you physically die you do not know how to heal properly.

Discussing who/what can give you a few more years to live or who/what can improve the quality of life is ok if you accept mortality.

99.99% of people live and die within a very narrow band width from each other, (and this narrow band also includes their knowledge, power, etc) and yet will spend their lives arguing and debating what approach is best when the fact is that they are all unsatisfactory.

The ONLY group of humans that I know of, (who are not aliens), which do not fall into this category of mortality are the Siddhas or Immortal Masters.

Cheers

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Many thanks for all your responses and links, I am going to work my way through them and see what gems I can find

Quote the foundation of all is soft chi and stay chi , what is mean ? this mean chi based on stay not moving so soft chi is based on meditation for create micro cosmic from dantien to open 72 gate meridian of our body......... this meditation just focus on dantien or top of head.... if somebody have already master this base of all chi then chi can projected without meditation can be heal life being either human animal or plant and can be use to martial art and this chi become hard chi kung....but i am only mastering soft chi base on meditation and i can heal any of life being......
    maybe this i can share for you my friend and to all of avalonians......cheers.......
    salam........
    Budijanto Pra (octobpra)
    Are you able to elaborate on where one can learn this system Ocobpra?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AxisMundi For This Post:

octobpra (21st January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015)

17. Link to Post #10
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey Axismundi,
    one year is not really a lot of time and there is the way to just stay with one style and continue doing it.
    With enough time you go deeper and deeper and deeper and even therefore you don't need a special style.
    F.e. just doing "Standing like a tree" can bring you peace and inner wisdom .

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowheart For This Post:

AxisMundi (19th March 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015), wnlight (21st January 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Whatever form or style you choose make it your own. Once I put focus on heart, the perfection of movement became a distant second. All movement and the rhythmic breathing enhances relaxation, lessens stress and increases focus.

I mainly studied with Dr. Yang Jwing Ming. The arts were Kung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Chi Kung and Chin Na, which is joint locking and bone breaking (full disclosure the last one I do poorly). I lost interest with weapons training and the fighting techniques. Health became the main focus.

Snippets of Realtime Movement
    <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 24th January 2015 at 19:08.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

AxisMundi (19th March 2015), ghostrider (21st January 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (21st January 2015)

21. Link to Post #12
    Indonesia Avalon Member octobpra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AxisMundi (here)
    Many thanks for all your responses and links, I am going to work my way through them and see what gems I can find

Quote the foundation of all is soft chi and stay chi , what is mean ? this mean chi based on stay not moving so soft chi is based on meditation for create micro cosmic from dantien to open 72 gate meridian of our body......... this meditation just focus on dantien or top of head.... if somebody have already master this base of all chi then chi can projected without meditation can be heal life being either human animal or plant and can be use to martial art and this chi become hard chi kung....but i am only mastering soft chi base on meditation and i can heal any of life being......
    salam........
    Budijanto Pra (octobpra)
    Are you able to elaborate on where one can learn this system Ocobpra?
    Hi AxisMundi, i ever make thread here in avalon the thread title is "a shortcut to safe kundalini arise and chi" but i forgot where is the thread now because it's seems no so many people attention about that, in that thread i explained about methode how to gain your chi by your self and will become a power in you including your very best health forever.
    But oke if you want learn from me i can repeat that methode in this thread the best i can, so for your consideration i learn from somebody in my hometown someday in 2010 but now i have never contact again because last time he teach me for money.... but i know the grand master of my gurus is dr.Li Sau po from china, and me after learn the basic from my gurus i have developed from that basic with my self observation and have a very great result.... and there is so many witness here in my county that i can heal several people from breast cancer, arthisis, hormon problem, sexual problem, diabetes, mental problem, stamina problem and much more and me self now very immune from disease the prove is report from hospital and a fact from 2010 till now i have never fall ill even one day... never.... my age now 48.

Oh oke this very out of topic but if you wish my more explanation about the methode i can explain again in this thread (your thread).
    if you ask where is the place you can go for learn my methode i have no idea but i see in the internet last time there is a similar methode as my methode is lama dorce teaching or max cristensen.... but i forgot the web.... or you just google kunlun nei gong.....
    sorry for my language because not my mother tounge......
    salam..........
    octobpra...........

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to octobpra For This Post:

AxisMundi (19th March 2015), Baby Steps (21st January 2015), conk (22nd January 2015), Fox (22nd January 2015), RunningDeer (21st January 2015)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by octobpra (here)
    i ever make thread here in avalon the thread title is "a shortcut to safe kundalini arise and chi" but i forgot where is the thread now because it's seems no so many people attention about that, in that thread i explained about methode how to gain your chi by your self and will become a power in you including your very best health forever.
    Here’s your thread, octobpra. It's in the "General" section: An easy shortcut method of meditation for fast and powerful ascension incl. kundalini.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

AxisMundi (19th March 2015), Baby Steps (21st January 2015), Fox (22nd January 2015), octobpra (21st January 2015), ponda (22nd January 2015), Violet (21st January 2015)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Excellent Taoist explanation of energy in the organs of the body, and how to increase it

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

mokosh (30th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

80% Jujutsu 20% aikido

the most realistic and amazing combo ever. also very humbling and grounding.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

+ Reply to Thread