+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 13 Coincidences that Will Really Creep you Out

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default 13 Coincidences that Will Really Creep you Out

If these things are true, then this is some really creepy stuff.

Quote #13

On November 4, 2008 Barack Obama won the Presidential Election. On November 5, one of the winning combinations at the Illinois Lottery was 6-6-6.

South African astronomer Daniel du Toit had just finished giving a lecture with the conclusion that death could strike at anytime. Afterwards, he sat down and popped a peppermint in his mouth. Unfortunately, he choked to death on that piece of candy.

During the production of Deus Ex (a video game released in 2000), the development team forgot to add the Twin Towers. An in-game explanation was given: the buildings had been brought down by a terrorist attack.

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand sparked World War I. He was shot down in a car that had the license plate A III 118. The war ended in an armistice on11-11-18, at 11 a.m.

In 2002, a seventy year old Finnish man was killed by a truck when he attempted to cross a highway on his bike. Two hours later, his identical twin was killed under the exact same circumstances, less than one mile down the same highway.

In 1883, Henry Ziegland dumped his longtime girlfriend. Heartbroken, she hanged herself. Her brother vowed to avenge her and hunted down Ziegland. When he finally found him, he aimed for his head and shot. Ziegland fell to the ground. The girl’s brother, believing he had exerted his vengeance, committed suicide with the same gun. Little did he know that Ziegland would survive, for the bullet had merely grazed his cheek and lodged itself in a nearby tree.

Several years later, Ziegland attempted to cut down that particular tree. He had the brilliant idea of using dynamite and the resulting explosion sent the dormant bullet right through his skull. It seems the bullet refused to miss its target.

In 1838, Edgar Allan Poe published The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket. The novel includes the tale of four men stranded at sea after their ship sank. Desperate, the men kill and eat a cabin boy named Richard Parker.

Forty-six years later, a ship called Mignonette suffered the same fate. The four starving survivors killed and ate the cabin boy whose real name was -you guessed it- Richard Parker.

Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain was born in 1835, shortly after the appearance of Halley’s Comet. Later in life, he predicted he would die when the comet returned. In 1910, one day after Halley’s Comet appeared at its brightest, Mark Twain died of a heart attack. Perhaps Twain considered the comet a harbinger of death. If so, he had good reason. In 1222, as the comet passed near Earth, it appeared to be moving west. At the time, Genghis Khan was preparing for his invasion. Believing this was a sign, he also marched west, killing millions in the process.

September 20th, 1911. The RMS Olympic, White Star Line’s lead transatlantic ocean liner collides with a British warship called HMS Hawke. The Olympic suffers severe damage to its hull and nearly capsizes. Fortunately, no-one is seriously injured or killed.

Seven months later, the sinking of the Titanic would become one of the deadliest maritime disasters, claiming the lives of more than 1,500 people.

In the morning hours of November 21st, 1916, the White Star Line’s largest and latest Olympic class vessel, the HSMS Britannic was shook by an explosion. Fifty-five minutes later, it sank in the Mediterranean Sea. Thirty people lose their lives. It is unclear whether the explosion was caused by a torpedo or underwater mine.

What do all of these disasters on water have in common? Well, besides involving three out state of the art passenger ships belonging to the same shipping company? One stewardess/nurse was present on all of them when things went bad. She survived them all, leading some to believe she was an albatross.

A Frenchman called Jean Marie Dubarry was executed for murdering his father on February 13, 1746. One hundred years later, on the 13th of February, another man was executed for patricide. His name? Jean Marie Dubarry.

A French Baron named Rodemire de Tarazone was killed by Claude Volbonne in 1872. Two decades earlier, Baron de Tarazone’s father had been killed by a different man, also named Claude Volbonne.

King Umberto I of Italy was having dinner in a restaurant in the city of Monza, on July 28th, 1900. To his astonishment, he found out the restaurant’s owner looked exactly like him and was also named Umberto. Furthermore, their wives had the same name and the restaurant had been opened on the same day as King Umberto’s coronation. The next day, both Umbertos were shot dead in unrelated incidents.

On November 26, 1911, three men were convicted of murdering Sir Edmund Berry and were promptly hanged at Greenberry Hill in London. The men’s names were Green, Berry and Hill.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to EWO For This Post:

aranuk (27th March 2015), araucaria (26th March 2015), betoobig (26th March 2015), Ecnal61 (27th March 2015), Flash (26th March 2015), genevieve (27th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (26th March 2015), kennywally (27th March 2015), Lifebringer (26th March 2015), Michel Leclerc (13th October 2021), Nasu (26th March 2015), raregem (26th March 2015), skyflower (26th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (26th March 2015), toppy (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015), Wind (27th March 2015), wnlight (27th March 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 times in 876 posts

Default Re: 13 Coincidences that Will Really Creep you Out

Criss crossing time lines?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

betoobig (26th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (26th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), skyflower (26th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015), Wind (27th March 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

These things are indeed very creepy when finding out the mysteries that surround our Matrix.

The Illuminati card game seems to be more of the same

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...nati-card-game

The distortion of time (time being a program) while Past, present and future existing simultaneously is something that is worth considering. Sorry if this may sound too out there

Blessings ~

Limor

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

aranuk (27th March 2015), Flash (26th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (26th March 2015), Journeyman (13th October 2021), Ki's (27th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), skyflower (26th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015), Wind (27th March 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by EWO (here)

In 1838, Edgar Allan Poe published The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket. The novel includes the tale of four men stranded at sea after their ship sank. Desperate, the men kill and eat a cabin boy named Richard Parker.

Forty-six years later, a ship called Mignonette suffered the same fate. The four starving survivors killed and ate the cabin boy whose real name was -you guessed it- Richard Parker.

Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain was born in 1835, shortly after the appearance of Halley’s Comet. Later in life, he predicted he would die when the comet returned. In 1910, one day after Halley’s Comet appeared at its brightest, Mark Twain died of a heart attack. Perhaps Twain considered the comet a harbinger of death. If so, he had good reason. In 1222, as the comet passed near Earth, it appeared to be moving west. At the time, Genghis Khan was preparing for his invasion. Believing this was a sign, he also marched west, killing millions in the process.
    All these 13 stories come from a book I have in front of me right now: Beyond Coincidence by Martin Plimmer and Brian King. In it, the Richard Parker story goes into overdrive; ending with this:
    Quote In the summer of 1993, my parents took in three Spanish language students. My father told them about Richard Parker one evening over supper. The television was on in the background. All conversation stopped when a local programme started talking about the remarkable story. Dad went on to break the silence by saying how weird coincidences always occur whenever Richard’s tale is mentioned. He told them about Edgar Allan Poe.
    Two of the girls went white. “Look what I bought today”, said one. She reached into her bag and pulled out a copy of the Poe story. “So have I”, said the other firl. Both had gone shopping that day and independently bought the very same book containing the Richard Parker story.
    But I am only here to say that I was actually busy preparing a post about Mark Twain’s death… I shall post the link just as soon as I’m finished.

EDIT: Here is that comment, posted 5 minutes after this post.

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Listening just now to Benjamin Fulford, who at 13 mins below talks about self-fulfilling prophecy, quoting the example of the mathematician who predicted that date of his death, and when that date came he was so scared he committed suicide. I don’t know who he is referring to, but we also have the story of the Roman emperor Domitian, warned long in advance by an astrologer, as told by Suetonius in The Twelve Caesars. He was murdered at the appointed time, notably because his servile attendants put the clocks forward to make him relax (whether or not this was with hostile intent is immaterial).
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qzEVxpR4G5Q

Quote The day before he was killed he gave orders to have some apples which were offered him kept until the following day, and added: "If only I am spared to eat them"; then turning to his companions, he declared that on the following day the moon would be stained with blood in Aquarius, and that a deed would be done of which men would talk all over the world. At about midnight he was so terrified that he leaped from his bed. The next morning he conducted the trial of a soothsayer sent from Germany, who when consulted about the lightning strokes had foretold a change of rulers, and condemned him to death. While he was vigorously scratching a festered wart on his forehead, and had drawn blood, he said: "May this be all." Then he asked the time, and by pre-arrangement the sixth hour was announced to him, instead of the fifth, which he feared. Filled with joy at this, and believing all danger now past, he was hastening to the bath, when his chamberlain Parthenius changed his purpose by announcing that someone had called about a matter of great moment and would not be put off. Then he dismissed all his attendants and went to his bedroom, where he was slain.

Concerning the nature of the plot and the manner of his death, this is about all that became known. As the conspirators were deliberating when and how to attack him, whether at the bath or at dinner, Stephanus, Domitilla's66 steward, at the time under accusation for embezzlement, offered his aid and counsel. To avoid suspicion, he wrapped up his left arm in woollen bandages for some days, pretending that he had injured it, and concealed in them a dagger. Then pretending to betray a conspiracy and for that reason being given an audience, he stabbed the emperor in the groin as he was reading a paper which the assassin handed him, and stood in a state of amazement. As the wounded prince attempted to resist, he was slain with seven wounds by Clodianus, a subaltern, Maximus, a freedman of Parthenius, Satur, decurion of the chamberlains, and a gladiator from the imperial school. A boy who was engaged in his usual duty of attending to the Lares in the bedroom, and so was a witness of the murder, gave this additional information. He was bidden by Domitian, immediately after he was dealt the first blow, to hand him the dagger hidden under his pillow and to call the servants; but he found nothing at the head of the bed save the hilt, and besides all the doors were closed. Meanwhile the emperor grappled with Stephanus and bore him to the ground, where they struggled for a long time, Domitian trying now to wrest the dagger from his assailant's hands and now to gouge out his eyes with his lacerated fingers.
    He was slain on the fourteenth day before the Kalends of October in the forty-fifth year of his age and the fifteenth of his reign [=18 September AD 96]. http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...Domitian*.html
    Then you also have the strange case of Mark Twain:
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Mark Twain was born during one passage of Comet Halley and died at the age of 76 during its next passage in 1911. Somehow he knew this was going to happen. Maybe this is why he didn’t believe that story he once read in the newspaper: ‘the report of my death was an exaggeration’. This raises two questions: how would he know the time of his death from the time of his birth? And what astrological or other phenomenon was playing out here?
    PS. This post also falls into the realm of coincidence. See https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post946527
    Last edited by araucaria; 26th March 2015 at 09:46.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

aranuk (27th March 2015), Flash (26th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (26th March 2015), kennywally (27th March 2015), Michel Leclerc (13th October 2021), Nasu (26th March 2015), RunningDeer (30th April 2015), skyflower (26th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), Wind (27th March 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

You probably heard this already, ist a bit older but coincidence at ist best

Have a nice coincidence

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

airaspect (27th March 2015), aranuk (26th March 2015), Buzzie (26th March 2015), Ernie Nemeth (26th March 2015), Flash (26th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (26th March 2015), kennywally (27th March 2015), Rhah (27th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

By the way, Jonathan Swift in his Book Guliver´s Travel writes about the two moons of Mars some years before they been discovered.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

aranuk (27th March 2015), Flash (26th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (27th March 2015), Nasu (26th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by uzn (here)
    By the way, Jonathan Swift in his Book Guliver´s Travel writes about the two moons of Mars some years before they been discovered.
    This must be because he already knew, not coincidence, but interesting nevertheless.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Nasu (26th March 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

If you're short on time, the first 25 minutes is a great section, relating to this.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

aranuk (26th March 2015), Buzzie (26th March 2015), Rhah (27th March 2015), uzn (26th March 2015), vmk22 (26th March 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Nothing too dramatic to report here. My dad who was a builder had bought a workshop in 1971. I am named Stanley after my father. We were working in rebuilding the workshop after completely demolishing it. There was my dad, me and a labourer called Stanley and an apprentice also called Stanley working together one day. The premises was 2 Stanley Road. Can you believe it? There was only four people working there all named Stanley at 2 Stanley Road. A customer of my dad's passed by and hearing us all calling each other Stan commented "seems like you have to be called Stanley to get a job here". True story.

Stan

PS- Another mystical phenomenon happened many years later to me in the office there with my old man. Does anyone want to know about that?
    Last edited by aranuk; 27th March 2015 at 00:49.
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

araucaria (27th March 2015), Atlas (27th March 2015), Brigantia (13th October 2021), genevieve (27th March 2015), Innocent Warrior (27th March 2015), Ki's (27th March 2015), Wind (28th March 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    PS- Another mystical phenomenon happened many years later to me in the office there with my old man. Does anyone want to know about that?
    Yes please. :-)
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Atlas (27th March 2015), genevieve (27th March 2015), Ki's (27th March 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have a weird family coincidence as well.

My Mom is 1 of 3 sisters.
    My Dad is 1 of 3 brothers
    My Moms mom died when she was a kid
    My Dads dad died when he was a kid
    My dad also died when I was a kid.
    On my moms side the oldest sister died of cancer.
    On my dads side the oldest brother (my dad) died of cancer.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EWO For This Post:

aranuk (27th March 2015), Atlas (27th March 2015), Brigantia (13th October 2021), Innocent Warrior (27th March 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Yann Martel was well aware of the Richard Parker coincidences. (Life of Pi") "So many victimized Richard Parkers had to mean something. My tiger found his name. He's a victim, too--or is he?"

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

This is a creepy coincidence; the licence plate of the car, now in a museum in Vienna, in which Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie were travelling in when they were assassinated in Sarajevo. This event has been said to have been the spark that led to World War One.

The plate is A111118.

11 11 18 - 11 November 1918, Armistice Day. Could the 'A' represent Armistice?

You can see this number on the plate in 1914 photos. Click to enlarge thumbnail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9B111DFC-255D-48C4-ACD5-E1A244BC4997.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	517.0 KB
ID:	47606  

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

DeeMetrios (17th October 2021), raregem (13th October 2021)

26. Link to Post #14
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,208 times in 747 posts

The word “coincidence” means “happening together”. To the Creator, or the Ultimate Computer Program if you prefer that metaphor, anything anywhere anywhen happens at the same time at the same place and in the same dimension. However, Creation’s program is made in such a way that the creatures themselves never notice this eternal, omnipresent and unique coincidence.
    Occasionally however the Program has a glitch or the Creator a little distraction. That is when these strange things happen, but for the Creator Themselves it is just a coincidence.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Brigantia (13th October 2021), raregem (13th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread