+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For the Star Trek Fans

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 353 posts

Default For the Star Trek Fans

Axanar is an independent Star Trek production and is looking for kickstarters.
    Here is the 20 minute prelude and yes, it does look very promising.
    The four years war when the Klingons waged war against the Federation

Enjoy

and here another one

Star Trek: Renegades

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (16th December 2018), Aspen (4th May 2015), Cidersomerset (3rd May 2015), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2021), Fairy Friend (4th May 2015), Ivanhoe (22nd September 2020), JackMcThorn (16th January 2022), kanishk (3rd May 2015), Mike Gorman (4th May 2015), mojo (1st December 2021), regnak (3rd May 2015), rgray222 (1st December 2021), shadowstalker (3rd May 2015), Star Tsar (3rd May 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: For the Star Trek Fans

Thank you Zampano!
    Very ambitious project! I hope that do not happen the same as Caprica, the Battlestar Galactica prequel.
    All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes that a thing is no poison.
    (Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to korgh For This Post:

Zampano (4th May 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,493 times in 4,308 posts

A treat for Trekkers (like me). Hate the JJ Abrams mutilation of Trek, but love this!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Mercedes (23rd September 2020), PurpleLama (22nd September 2020), Valle (22nd September 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Thanks

Star Mariner: "A treat for Trekkers (like me). Hate the JJ Abrams mutilation of Trek"

I totally agree!
    Star trek is a "white-hat-show" = a positive future for all
    "Row Row Row Your Boat"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valle For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (22nd February 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd September 2020), Mercedes (23rd September 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

An odd little piece with William Shatner, and Mike Tyson:

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    An odd little piece with William Shatner, and Mike Tyson:
    That was some great editing, lol!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

gord (23rd September 2020), Gracy (22nd September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd September 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

NuTrek is really bad. Discovery, Picard. Way too political and otherwise bad writing.

Did anyone watch these TV shows on streaming tv too?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (22nd February 2021), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2021)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

We watched Discovery when it was free on normal TV this past summer. This tells me one thing. Fighting is a part of not just humans but every species. War, violence, killing, death to all who(m) do not agree with me!! ugh!! No good ETs in the show. Imagine that!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floating For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (22nd February 2021), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2021)

16. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    NuTrek is really bad. Discovery, Picard. Way too political and otherwise bad writing.

Although Discovery is not liked by some, I did get to check it off my bucket list (I don't really have much of a bucket list though) - I got to work on one of the episodes!
    (I had to self promote myself somewhere!)

Hoping to see more work with them soon! (fingers crossed)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd February 2021), JackMcThorn (16th January 2022)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

Although Discovery is not liked by some, I did get to check it off my bucket list (I don't really have much of a bucket list though) - I got to work on one of the episodes!

Cool. Are you able to elaborate?

I watched Discovery, and I (sort-of) liked it. I had some big issues with it as well. I can accept that its not very "Star Trekky" and I just watched it a s space sci-fi series, with no expectations that it be like TOS or TNG. By divorcing that expectation from reality the series wasn't too bad ... except Michael Burnham ... WTF is she always crying about? Seriously? She's supposedly one of Starfleet's top officers, but she can't do anything without breaking down and crying.

"Whats this? The plan went to hell and if I don't accomplish task X in 28 seconds everyone will die? ... ok just let me sit here in the corner sucking my thumb crying for 26 seconds first - then I'll do something about it"
    . Its ridiculous. Might as well rename it "The Michael Burnham Cries Like a Baby Show"

Michelle Yeoh's character kinda saved the show in the 3rd season, at least for me -- made it a bit more interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing her in her own show as Georgiou working for Starfleet black ops. It won't be star trekky either, but again, as long its a decent space sci-fi, I'll probably watch it. (actually, looks like it didn't materialize ... oh well)

I actually liked the first season of Discovery better, and I did like the fact that they added a few complete stand alone episodes - that make it feel a bit more like Star Trek, but they seem to have abandoned that approach, which is a shame. I like the concept of mixing continuous story line with stand-alones - like how X-Files did it.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 22nd February 2021 at 20:36.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

onevoice (6th June 2022)

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Patient (here)

Cool. Are you able to elaborate?

I watched Discovery, and I (sort-of) liked it. I had some big issues with it as well. I can accept that its not very "Star Trekky" and I just watched it a s space sci-fi series, with no expectations that it be like TOS or TNG. By divorcing that expectation from reality the series wasn't too bad ... except Michael Burnham ... WTF is she always crying about? Seriously? She's supposedly one of Starfleet's top officers, but she can't do anything without breaking down and crying.

"Whats this? The plan went to hell and if I don't accomplish task X in 28 seconds everyone will die? ... ok just let me sit here in the corner sucking my thumb crying for 26 seconds first - then I'll do something about it"
    . Its ridiculous. Might as well rename it "The Michael Burnham Cries Like a Baby Show"

Michelle Yeoh's character kinda saved the show in the 3rd season, at least for me -- made it a bit more interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing her in her own show as Georgiou working for Starfleet black ops. It won't be star trekky either, but again, as long its a decent space sci-fi, I'll probably watch it. (actually, looks like it didn't materialize ... oh well)

I actually liked the first season of Discovery better, and I did like the fact that they added a few complete stand alone episodes - that make it feel a bit more like Star Trek, but they seem to have abandoned that approach, which is a shame. I like the concept of mixing continuous story line with stand-alones - like how X-Files did it.
    Well, there is an NDA and all that, and we do try to be able to express ourselves online and keep our anonymity. But lets be serious - if someone wants to find you they can easily find you.

The other side of the coin is if some people I work with heard some of the things that I have shared about my personal life, they would think I am a nut case. I found that out first hand when I tested and showed a bit of my psychic ability to some friends - well, simple to say that no one wanted to play cards with me again. (Even though I never played poker.) But when you stand apart from the crowd, you are then set apart from the crowd. People often fear what they don't understand of course.

Anyway, it's all good. I work to provide for my family. It is hard to live in this world without being a part of it. I always find myself working for groups that I often find myself criticizing. I worked a lot in video games production and development. Although I love video games there is a lot of negative things connected with it. I almost moved to London at one time to work for Amazon. Now I work on projects for many different large corporations in the entertainment world.

Check out Season 1 of discovery - I think it was episode 8 where the captain, Michael Burnham was running around on an alien planet that looked a lot like ours. There was one shot where she was running across the top edge of a mountain or rather what is called an "escarpment". People that live in south Ontario Canada should know what I am talking about. Other shots, if you take the time to look at the trees and the ground, you will see familiar foliage of southern Ontario and the rocky ground of the escarpment.

Many people would be surprised to find out how much the film industry is growing here. I am not an actor, but I get to set and I get to see a lot of cool things. There are a lot of good people too!

The good thing right now is that I am able to provide people with new work to help them get through this trying time. Many people that I have hired have lost family restaurants and other jobs because of covid. So I feel good about that. Luckily our industry was deemed essential.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DeDukshyn (23rd February 2021), Hym (22nd February 2021), onevoice (6th June 2022)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,636 times in 8,593 posts

Has this been posted before? I found it a riot, and great use of Pink Floyd music

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

JackMcThorn (16th January 2022)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I watched Picard and i was quite impressed, the writer managed to place Picard in retirement (unthinkable) and relocate characters in a believable way, there was too much of an attempt to create 'strong female characters' but 7-of-Nine was actually well crafted being a bounty hunter, it had swagger and swashbuckle a-plenty!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st December 2021), Harmony (6th June 2022), mountain_jim (1st December 2021), rgray222 (1st December 2021)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,636 times in 8,593 posts

I also was quite impressed with Picard season 1 - and season 2 is to come. Way better than the other series Discovery in my view.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st December 2021), Harmony (6th June 2022)

28. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    I also was quite impressed with Picard season 1 - and season 2 is to come. Way better than the other series Discovery in my view.
    I thought it started really strong, but by the end I thought it had gone a bit ridiculous, but not terrible - much better than Discovery, and I am looking forward to Se02.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Harmony (6th June 2022), mountain_jim (1st December 2021)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,386 times in 1,629 posts

The video covers several Star Trek file locations in Los Angeles. The text is from Michael Salla's book.
    The U.S. Navy’s Secret Space Program & Nordic Extraterrestrial Alliance by Michael Salla Post#6
    Quote P107. Gene Rodenberry was the son of a Navy admiral. Star Trek was meant as a soft disclosure.
    P111. It was based on the Navy’s secret space fleet.
    P112. It was an outgrowth of the Outer Limits that ran from 1963-1965.
    P114. The creator of the Outer Limits was Leslie Stevens IV and his father was vice admiral Leslie Stevens III.
    P123. In Star Trek the Nordics were depicted as Vulcans, the Reptilians as Klingons & Nazis as genetically enhanced humans. In David Wilcock’s book Awakening in the Dream he wrote that one of the writers on Star Trek: TNG has a brain implant put there by aliens to seed show ideas via dreams (my addition) post#20.

Quote Going on a tour of some iconic “Star Trek” locations, all found in and around Los Angeles.

1) VASQUEZ ROCKS, a designated natural area that’s depicted various alien terrains in Star Trek, most notably in “Arena”.

2) BRONSON CAVES, near the Hollywood sign in Griffith park, which has been used many times in the Star Trek TV and movie series.

3) PARAMOUNT PICTURES STUDIOS, a portion of which was Desilu studios, where most of Star Trek has been filmed.
    Last edited by Inversion; 6th June 2022 at 14:59.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Harmony (6th June 2022), mountain_jim (6th June 2022), onevoice (6th June 2022), Vangelo (6th June 2022)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Perhaps there is something amiss with me, I watched the 2 seasons of 'Picard' and enjoyed each episode, I think I am less severe in my critique of this series than others, I allow for hackneyed story lines, for 'in jokes', I consider the writing to be pretty darn clever in Picard, it is plausible that this esteemed captain from the 'Next Generation' would behave this way, I enjoyed the deep view of The Borg Queen, and all of the subtle implications in this story. Like I say, perhaps it is just me, but I liked Picard, I was not seeking something that would change my life, or take me on a magical journey, I take the series on its own terms, it seems you cannot please people whatever you try to present, people have become just too difficult to please! Everyone seems to consider themselves a supreme critic, really just suspend your over developed critical sensibility for a little while, accept Picard on its own terms, you might even enjoy it, despite yourself!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Harmony (6th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), mountain_jim (6th June 2022)

34. Link to Post #18
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 times in 216 posts

Havent watched Picard and definitely disappointed with Discovery, but a new series already surpassed these two:

This is old school Star Trek. Really liked it.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

Did You See Them (11th August 2022), Harmony (6th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), mountain_jim (6th June 2022)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

If you like the original series "Star trek continues" is a must watch. Its free on Youtube, all 8 episodes. Lots of passion and effort, and the backstory of how this fan made studio quality production came about is just as impressive and compelling. I'd even watch this over all the new series out there. Give it a try.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 6th June 2022 at 09:01.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

Harmony (6th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), mountain_jim (6th June 2022), Vangelo (8th June 2022)

38. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,274 times in 1,654 posts

New series

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    TV Mini Series

with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen.

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi watches over young Luke Skywalker and evades the Empire's elite Jedi hunters during his exile on the desert planet Tatooine.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8466564/
    Last edited by Vicus; 6th June 2022 at 13:42.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Harmony (6th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), onevoice (6th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast