Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst 1 10 50 60 70 110 115 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2293

Thread: The Great Quotes thread

1. Link to Post #1181
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: The Great Quotes thread

Hello Omniverse, Bill and all, you sure gave us something to chew on here. Thank you, this will require a long sit with a cup of herbal tea/cofee to think things through. And then to feel and embed it as well ~

This small addition is from my welcome message on Avalon

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ll=1#post77997

which I also added to the Avalon's Hebrew website

http://projectavalon.net/lang/he/flag.html

I never knew how truthful it would discovered to be
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 7th July 2014 at 10:58.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Agape (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Hazel (7th July 2014), Jean-Luc (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Omni (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

3. Link to Post #1182
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Always.. mistrusted that word 'empowering' as a watery useage... but then all of the above does powerfully point the way.

Bravo!

A quote to add is:

"I think its very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not to be defined by another person."

Olivia Wilde

And just as importantly, as people of the new paradigm, we need to know how to ACTIVELY cultivate growing beyond the current paradigm when alone...
    as a point of authentic reference.

H
    Last edited by Hazel; 7th July 2014 at 11:27.

4. Link to Post #1183
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Almost all of my favorites are covered on this thread. Thank you all! So, I can only quote myself in a statement that my husband found hilarious, a bit true, and possibly t-shirt worthy:

" I think too much and read too little " - 'AriG'

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Hazel (8th July 2014), Ivanhoe (7th July 2014), Jake (7th July 2014), Omni (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

6. Link to Post #1184
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

changed this one from -Omnisense to -Anonymous as its something i pretty much just ripped off from forums. Its just something I put on twitter as it was a concise word of wisdom...

Quote "People have reality 'goggles' and it distorts perception at times." -Anonymous

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

8. Link to Post #1185
    Thanks

After realizing I have grown to like certain tortures(due to torture so often) I came up with this:

"Suffering is spiritual at times." -Omnisense

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), petra (13th May 2019)

10. Link to Post #1186
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The answer to every question about God and the Universe is yes, and no. (?)

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. (Beethoven)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zenith For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Omni (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

12. Link to Post #1187
    Thanks

"I've been an intellectual soldier for the light on this world before I knew I was on the battlefield..." -Omnisense
    Last edited by Omni; 8th July 2014 at 00:26.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Anka (20th November 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), petra (13th May 2019), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

14. Link to Post #1188
    Thanks

A word spoken to me via ET contact:

"Dogmatics"

not sure if anyone would find it interesting but I liked it as I had never heard it used before. The ET speaking such was very wise about the ideas behind it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

16. Link to Post #1189
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Too many to read tonight definitely. I have to bookmark this page. Thank you Avalon.

Lao Tse
    “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThresholdRising For This Post:

Ivanhoe (9th July 2014), joeecho (8th July 2014), mojorissin (13th April 2024), Omni (8th July 2014), Shezbeth (8th July 2014)

18. Link to Post #1190
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

I never fall apart because I never fall together. - Andy Warhol

19. Link to Post #1191
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Quote Posted by ThresholdRising (here)
    Too many to read tonight definitely. I have to bookmark this page. Thank you Avalon.

Lao Tse
    “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
    Whoa! I have read and observed similar quotes like this one a number of times over the years but sometimes they hit closer to home then others!

That quote was a thought bomb that exploded right next to me. Am I going to be its casualty? I hope so!

20. Link to Post #1192
    Thanks

"If you do not value the accuracy of history, something is wrong."
    -Telepathic encounter of mine listening to two beings talk

"Anything you value can be an object of manipulation to you, as you can fear losing it. fear is often a stepping stone to greater things for the darker side(greater being subjective)"
    -More from this encounter convo between US gov and ETs (and me mainly listening, a great treat, so lucky to have this position i am in right now - although this line wa spoken to me after an example).

I will make a thread in the ET section for my telepathic encounters though(Once I have the will to muster it).. Might work better that way.
    Last edited by Omni; 8th July 2014 at 05:40.

21. Link to Post #1193
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

It has been proven psychologically that human beings can only appreciate or apprise, i.e. comprehend and understand, something new, if they can succeed in raising up the subconscious immured in their brain cells into their higher consciousness. If this cannot be achieved, then all preaching is useless. And even the eye has first to learn how to see everything new; it too must therefore be awoken from its latency before it can grasp the seen. Above all, there must be readiness to consider even supposed wonders as the forerunners of forthcoming realities, for only thus can the foundations be laid upon which rational mind can calculate and analyse.

Viktor Schauberger

I think Viktor was trying to comprehend Cognitive Dissonance here.
    Sapere aude

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

conk (11th July 2014)

23. Link to Post #1194
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 times in 258 posts

I've never been big on quotes or philosophy, honestly. If you're having a problem in life, and a quote makes you feel better, I would submit that that problem wasn't much of a problem to begin with. Not trying to be a downer here. Just my 2 cents.

"To philosophize is only another way of being afraid and leads hardly anywhere but to cowardly make-believe.". -Celine

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bruno dante For This Post:

Shezbeth (11th July 2014)

25. Link to Post #1195
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bruno dante (here)
    I've never been big on quotes or philosophy, honestly. If you're having a problem in life, and a quote makes you feel better, I would submit that that problem wasn't much of a problem to begin with. Not trying to be a downer here. Just my 2 cents.

"To philosophize is only another way of being afraid and leads hardly anywhere but to cowardly make-believe.". -Celine
    I'll have to disagree. I've gained spiritually and intellectually tremendously from quotes. It helps me 'remember' things embedded into my soul... And I'm not in agreeance with the quote from celine either. To philosophize is a mark of an intelligent person IMHO.

Quote phi·los·o·phy
    [fi-los-uh-fee] Show IPA
    noun, plural phi·los·o·phies.
    the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

bruno dante (9th July 2014), conk (11th July 2014), Wind (9th July 2014)

27. Link to Post #1196
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)

I'll have to disagree. I've gained spiritually and intellectually tremendously from quotes. It helps me 'remember' things embedded into my soul... And I'm not in agreeance with the quote from celine either. To philosophize is a mark of an intelligent person IMHO.

Quote phi·los·o·phy
    [fi-los-uh-fee] Show IPA
    the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.

Ok

As I was reading this thread I was thinking of a friend of mine and of some events that took place not too long ago. His brother's girlfriend had broken up with the brother after 3 years together, and he was despondent. And he (my friend) kept saying to me: "Hank, I don't understand it, I've been giving my brother the best advice lately, I've been administering wisdom left n right. It just goes right through him."

I understood perfectly. The most severe and painful life experiences are those of the heart. And the heart, as we all know, does not respond to logic. A quote or a philosophy will, at best, inspire us intellectually, and usually only for a short period of time. My experience anyway...

Think back to your greatest heartache. Maybe consider love lost, or a partner who has stopped loving you. I think most of us would agree that it is probably the most painful experience one can have. That type of pain is so deep, so profound, that a quote or philosophy, no matter how clever, will never reach it. Not in a million years.

So I stand by what I said: if a quote or a philosophy truly helps alleviate or illuminate an issue or problem you might be having, it likely wasn't a serious one to begin with.

With Respect,
    Hank
    Last edited by bruno dante; 9th July 2014 at 04:49.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bruno dante For This Post:

Shezbeth (11th July 2014)

29. Link to Post #1197
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)

Quote phi·los·o·phy
    [fi-los-uh-fee] Show IPA

Ok

As I was reading this thread I was thinking of a friend of mine and of some events that took place not too long ago. His brother's girlfriend had broken up with the brother after 3 years together, and he was despondent. And he (my friend) kept saying to me: "Hank, I don't understand it, I've been giving my brother the best advice lately, I've been administering wisdom left n right. It just goes right through him."

I understood perfectly. The most severe and painful life experiences are those of the heart. And the heart, as we all know, does not respond to logic. A quote or a philosophy will, at best, inspire us intellectually, and usually only for a short period of time. My experience anyway...

Think back to your greatest heartache. Maybe consider love lost, or a partner who has stopped loving you. I think most of us would agree that it is probably the most painful experience one can have. That type of pain is so deep, so profound, that a quote or philosophy, no matter how clever, will never reach it. Not in a million years.
    I disagree that the heart is not intellectual in ways. I've had in depth experiences with my heart chakra being dimmed and made big/functional quite instantly. It affects intelligence in ways observably. Also the heart has neurons... So it can think too in ways and quite possibly be the connection to your souls wisdom in ways(mainly crown of course)..

Quote So I stand by what I said: if a quote or a philosophy truly helps alleviate or illuminate an issue or problem you might be having, it likely wasn't a serious one to begin with.

With Respect,
    Hank
    A lot of them aren't for fixing problems but are for spiritual and intellectual growth...

30. Link to Post #1198
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven. (Edward de Bono)
    I like this one. Scientific evidence of soul and the difference between genetics and the soul IMO.

31. Link to Post #1199
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

"It is premature to assume that one's own experience is endemic to every experience; everything in manifestation is finite"

32. Link to Post #1200
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

My favorite:

"Actions speak louder than words".

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Jake (11th July 2014), joeecho (19th July 2014), Omni (11th July 2014), Shezbeth (11th July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst 1 10 50 60 70 110 115 LastLast