+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Schumann resonance has [NOT] doubled, Earth ascending? [another recurring disinfotainment]

1. Link to Post #41
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: Schumann resonance has [NOT] doubled, Earth ascending? [another recurring disinfotainment]

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Sorry I thought HeartMath a reliable, authentic organisation.
    Gregg Braden was part of this Global Coherence iniative

[...]
    Chris... re-read (since you thanked it back then) post # 14 in this here thread...

... and I do wish you would clearly understand the matter for keeps!

Related:
    Last edited by Hervé; 25th October 2019 at 16:01.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), greybeard (25th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Schumann resonance has [NOT] doubled, Earth ascending? [another recurring disinfotainment]

Thanks Herve I had forgotten it was years ago and the amplitude does fluctuate and who knows that could affect the human.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), Hervé (25th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Unhappy Re: Schumann resonance has [NOT] doubled, Earth ascending? [another recurring disinfotainment]

Unfortunately the image in post #37 (and many similar images doing the rounds) are just misinterpretations of the spectrograph. These misinterpretations come up from time to time - mischievously in my opinion.

The white sploges and stripes are local interference at the measuring site. It's the horizontal lines that show the Schumann resonance and its harmonics. The main signal at about 7.8Hz can be seen running straight across the graph, emerging from under the white-out splodges at the same frequency.

If the SR changed frequency all the horizontal lines would shift in a gentle (or steep!) curve. They never do.

The SR is the electromagnetic resonance of the cavity between the bottom of the ionosphere and the Earth's surface activated by the broad-band bursts of energy released by lightning discharges. The only way the SR frequency can change is if the height of the ionosphere shifted (and that would be instantly noted by all the ionosondes distributed about the globe) and users of the HF radio spectrum; it would be very hot news! Alternatively it would also change if the diameter of the Earth changed very significantly...!

The height of the ionosphere is ill defined and not constant across the globe. It changes slightly according to daylight, solar activity and season. But these variations only cause it to vary by about 0.5Hz. Not that these facts will ever stop stories about the SR changing, the earth's 'vibration' increasing and all the New Age woo that gets hitched to that!

Hope that clarifies things. But no one need take my word for this. There's plenty of real scientific data about this. I suggest looking at any amateur VLF forums, Geocentre.info (where that particular graphic has been cherry picked from the other, clearer but boring measurements) Skeptoid episode 4352, and dare I say it that demon of misinformation Wikipedia.

Edit: Just seen I've already posted most of this in #27 above. Maybe no one read
    that...
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 26th October 2019 at 08:25. Reason: clarity

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), Cara (26th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (26th October 2019), greybeard (25th October 2019), Hervé (25th October 2019), Inanna (31st October 2019), onevoice (26th October 2019), silvanelf (25th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    The white sploges and stripes are local interference at the measuring site. It's the horizontal lines that show the Schumann resonance and its harmonics. The main signal at about 7.8Hz can be seen running straight across the graph, emerging from under the white-out splodges at the same frequency.
    What do you mean exactly by "the local interference at the measuring site"? Local weather?
    Does this also involve the amplitude of the frequency wave, measured at http://sosrff.tsu.ru/?page_id=12 or would that be too small of a fluctuation to be seen in the spectrograph?
    Last edited by Inanna; 31st October 2019 at 11:28. Reason: grammar
    "Breathe. Love. Fess up when you f*ck up. Breathe more deeply. Love more fully. That's it." ~ Jeff Foster

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

Notice they are now redefined as Schumann resonances
    instead singular resonance.
    The graph shows what’s but logical after all,
    if you strike a singing bowl for example
    you may notice several resonant sound waves resulting from single hit, one following each other. Similarly the planet seems to be wrapped in whole set-sequence of resonant loops, not to forget the Earth is a planetoid that’s kind of deformed eclipsoid, not a perfect sphere that’s why the progression of the Schumann resonance set is also slightly uneven.

However. Isn’t it possible that different location in the geo-magnetosphere are under influence of different hyperloops of resonance that’s why readings may differ

or produce whole new “standing wave” type of resonant pattern some of which affect us only sporadically.

PS: Check graph on the page. Sometimes, seeing things geometrically instead through numbers helps.

Prime Number Conjecture Solved for Finite Systems

Why, because polynomials of prime numbers within finite systems seem to display geometrical patterns. Though the conjecture was not yet proven for infinite I would not be very surprised if it was also possible.

Since and after all the infinite Universe may well express itself as complex Pattern.

☕️
    Last edited by Agape; 31st October 2019 at 12:08.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I reserve the right to be wrong.
    I accept that the base does not change.
    Amplitude does seem to fluctuate---now displaying my ignorance.
    Amplitude is still a fluctuation in energy?
    Now could this fluctuation affect humans in any way?

HeartMath is surely a reputable organization--would they waste time and money if there was not something of interest happening?
    Scientific explanation is of little use to me (a foreign language)--not an academic qualification to my name.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Amplitude is still a fluctuation in energy?
    A non-scientific explanation.

Think of waves on a beach.
    • Amplitude is how high they are.
    • Frequency is how often they come in.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2019), greybeard (31st October 2019), mountain_jim (1st November 2019), Nick Matkin (1st November 2019), onevoice (1st November 2019), silvanelf (13th May 2020), sunwings (31st October 2019), Yoda (31st October 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by Inanna (here)
    Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    What do you mean exactly by "the local interference at the measuring site"? Local weather?
    Does this also involve the amplitude of the frequency wave, measured at http://sosrff.tsu.ru/?page_id=12 or would that be too small of a fluctuation to be seen in the spectrograph?
    By "local interference", I mean electrical interference, maybe lightning. Possibly man-made electrical interference, but such VLF observatories would ensure their own equipment is very well suppressed/screened, or sited a good distance from such equipment.

The intensity (amplitude) of the Schumann resonance and its harmonics is shown by the slight brightening of the horizontal bands (changing from green to yellow) on the original spectrograph (normally about 300uV/m), the white splodges being some unrelated signal saturating the equipment.

To those of us who observe what's going on down on ELF and VLF frequencies (observing both man-made and natural signals) it's a bit baffling why various alternative science websites don't really understand much about how the Schumann resonance electromagnetic signal is generated, what it is or how it varies in frequency - very slightly - yet write endlessly about its supposed effects on "spirituality", "consciousness" and other fringe concepts. They could always look at the Wikipedia entry as their first port of call. It is written by experienced engineers and hobbyists who happen to know what they're talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 2nd November 2019 at 07:59.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st November 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), Cara (1st November 2019), greybeard (1st November 2019), silvanelf (1st November 2019)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

My understanding of the Schumann resonance, back when I bothered to understand it, is that it's a constant, cannot change. As I recall, a Welsh clairvoyant named Chris Thomas was the first to declare that the Schumann resonance was speeding up. He also said that on 21 Dec 2012, all of humanity would awaken...

The problem is, there are so many new age leaders, and so few new ideas, that after a new idea is presented, it is picked up and spread as gospel by the leaders to their flocks. Another piece of "gospel" I recall the beginning of is when Jamie Sams, in the 80s, started channeling "Lea" from Venus, and coined the terms higher and lower densities for the various planes of existence. Of course, in the English language, higher density means more dense, but it new age speak, it means less dense.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd November 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    My understanding of the Schumann resonance, back when I bothered to understand it, is that it's a constant, cannot change.
    Yes, thanks.

This really is a non-topic, except for those who are genuinely seeking to understand it all better — which we always support.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2019), Yoda (2nd November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3