Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enough Good People

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Sean's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 times in 387 posts

Default Re: Enough Good People

Quote Posted by Blue Mobius (here)
    Im not sure why but this post really hit me with inspiration. Is it that we live in an era when dark minds hold the overwhelming amount of power and perhaps most of these minds dont even know they have gotten so dark. Is it the end justifies the means mentality that is really nothing but an excuse to do as thou will. I feel I was inspired because i too feel strongly that there is good men and woman out there doing their best against overwhelming forces. Their victories are silenced not announced, their hardships are kept deep within themselves, not having anyone that can be trusted. I would bet that their spouses dont even know how many times they contributed to saving lives. They have never seen a medal or stars pinned on them, but just the solitude of knowing that they are doing the right thing in the eyes of the creator. To use a starwars analogy its as if the dark power executed order 666 destroying all that which was good in defending the republic and now all the jedi's have gone covert/underground for protection. I know many of us including myself are seeking spiritual paths but whats the purpose of it if our spirits are not in the fight of the universal furies of positive and negative forces. Perhaps it is this that evolves our spirits more than anything else and is what truly animates us.
    great post. I do feel like a "lone jedi" out there quite a bit. it makes me a bit gunshy. Living in L.A. you see many things..I've witnessed 3 violent acts in the last 2 weeks. one, myself and another person intervened.. the other 2 were very much "should I or shouldn't I". no "right" choice. all involved men attacking other men, not women/children. yet, I feel badly for not stepping in all 3 times..maybe it was a test..to see what i would do. I'm working on being fearless..I am fearless on the astral..but I still hesitate to put my body on the line except in extreme circumstances.

The thing about displaying love, courage, etc..it positively affects not only the participants..but the witnesses too.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sean For This Post:

Becky (7th August 2015), betoobig (28th July 2015), Bill Ryan (7th August 2015), Caylen (7th August 2015), Grizz Griswold (21st August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015), Selkie (7th August 2015), Sierra (10th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Caylen's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Look at the effects of "More Good People"!

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (9th August 2015), Bill Ryan (7th August 2015), FinallyNow (27th August 2015), Frenchy (25th August 2015), Grizz Griswold (21st August 2015), idiit (20th August 2015), Journeyon (22nd August 2015), justntime2learn (6th September 2015), Meggings (7th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (10th August 2015), RunningDeer (20th August 2015), Selkie (7th August 2015), Sierra (10th August 2015), Spirithorse (9th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Above in post #21, Workingactor wrote: "Living in L.A. you see many things..I've witnessed 3 violent acts in the last 2 weeks. one, myself and another person intervened.. the other 2 were very much "should I or shouldn't I". no "right" choice. all involved men attacking other men, not women/children. yet, I feel badly for not stepping in all 3 times..maybe it was a test..to see what i would do. I'm working on being fearless..I am fearless on the astral..but I still hesitate to put my body on the line except in extreme circumstances."

I share an experience from my life. One day about 35 years ago, after having read a Carlos Castaneda book in which don Juan spoke of OMENS, saying you could ask for them, I thought to ask for omens to be given me. It was on a day we were driving 100 miles south to take the children to the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto. During our time there, I was given three omens.

The first was when I was sitting alone on the stone ledge around a large water fountain. Suddenly I heard some children on the other side of the fountain exclaim excitedly and I turned around. There right in front of my eyes was a coin being suspended in the rising water flow. It was at eye level and did not fall, but held steady.

This omen meant BE ALERT.

The second was later in the day when I was again sitting outside, waiting for the children and husband to return from getting food. A man, a stranger to me, sat next to me, and shortly began talking to me as though he'd known me all his life. There was no "craziness" in what he said, and we had a short conversation since he was asking me for helpful advice, yet all the time I felt the "other worldliness" of the contact.

This omen meant BE AWARE.

The third occurred later in the afternoon as I waited in a crowd for the children to come off a midway ride. Suddenly a stranger came up quickly and purposefully from behind me and kick-punched a man standing near. This knocked the kicked man down. Not a word was said by either man, and the crowd was shocked. There moved through me in utter peacefulness the action that followed. I put my fingers lightly on the wrist of the attacker, who was just beginning to leave. I spoke: "You cannot run away. You must stand and face the consequences of this." His eyes locked with mine. He said not a word, as I stood with my fingers lightly touching the back of his hand. Shortly a policeman came up and led the two men away.

This omen meant BE PREPARED TO ACT.

6. Link to Post #24
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

this seems to fit in here in a way...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...helping-people...
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (9th August 2015), Bill Ryan (20th August 2015), Caylen (9th August 2015), RunningDeer (20th August 2015), Selkie (7th August 2015), Sierra (12th August 2015)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,530 times in 32,788 posts

Hi, All:

This short (6 mins) and inspiring presentation, a TED talk by Drew Dudley, totally belongs on this thread. The theme is that we can each of make a difference in others' lives — and that if just enough of us do this — then the world changes.

Enjoy.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

betoobig (22nd August 2015), Caylen (22nd August 2015), Constance (25th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th August 2015), Grizz Griswold (21st August 2015), hohoemi (21st August 2015), Journeyon (22nd August 2015), Linderlou (30th August 2015), Meggings (20th August 2015), Neal (21st August 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (21st August 2015), RunningDeer (20th August 2015), Selkie (20th August 2015), Sophocles (20th August 2015), thunder24 (20th August 2015)

10. Link to Post #26
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Fantastic TED talk video, Mr. Ryan! I loved it and heartily wish we could press the "thanks" button more than once now and then.

And here is more info on Mr. Drew Dudley from that video:

The former Coordinator of one of the largest university leadership development programs in the country, Drew Dudley nevertheless embraces the idea that “leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned.” “I’ve never thought of what I do as ‘teaching’ leadership,” says Drew. “For me, it’s always been about trying to find a way to help others explore the concept – what it means to them, and to their communities.” Drew has helped raise over $3 million as the Founder or Chair of several organizations dedicated to supporting scholarship funds, social entrepreneurship, and charitable initiatives, including a record-breaking term as the National Chair of Canada’s largest fundraiser for post-secondary students, “Shinerama: Students Fighting Cystic Fibrosis”. Now the Founder and Chief Catalyst of Nuance Leadership Inc., Drew works with dozens of universities, colleges, high schools, charities and other organizations around the world to empower young people to increase their leadership capacity. He delivers hundreds of workshops and lectures each year...
    Last edited by Meggings; 20th August 2015 at 19:53.

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Hi, All:

This short (6 mins) and inspiring presentation, a TED talk by Drew Dudley, totally belongs on this thread. The theme is that we can each of make a difference in others' lives — and that if just enough of us do this — then the world changes.

Enjoy.

Absolutely , butterfly wings .
    Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

betoobig (22nd August 2015), Bill Ryan (20th August 2015), Caylen (22nd August 2015), Grizz Griswold (21st August 2015)

13. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

I had a friend who did the maths on how many people it would take to turn the world around.
    They worked out that to hit critical mass that it would only take the square root of 1% of the population in the world.
    They also worked out the maths on how many roles each person would have to play in order to facilitate mass change. There were quite a few...
    Last edited by Constance; 22nd August 2015 at 05:37.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

betoobig (22nd August 2015), Bill Ryan (22nd August 2015), Caylen (22nd August 2015), FinallyNow (27th August 2015), Meggings (30th August 2015), Peace in Oz (28th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by breal (here)
    I had a friend who did the maths on how many people it would take to turn the world around.
    They worked out that to hit critical mass that it would only take the square root of 1% of the population in the world.
    So true! Actually, we are on the timeline we are on because enough people shifted their energy before 2012. It was very tenuous before then about where humanity was going. We are "over the hump" so to speak, but to see the changes we really want in our lifetimes, we need a certain amount of "charge" in the collective consciousness to get the momentum going.

The real work is inside each of us. As each person raises their vibrational field, they impact the collective - raising the frequency for everyone. The illusion of the Matrix, or the Game, as I like to frame it (it really feels like we are living in a video game!) is that the "Out There" is more real than the "In Here". While in the Matrix, we have certain rules to abide by, of course - only until we know how to bend or break them.

That is why I have made it my mission to help people understand their own true power - through education, counseling and energy healing. Together we can make a BIG difference!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (22nd August 2015), Bill Ryan (22nd August 2015), Constance (22nd August 2015), FinallyNow (27th August 2015)

17. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I had a dream/vision last night.
    It was a very potent dream/vision because it was very symbolic for what I have been contemplating for a while now. It has been around how we start to bring the "good people" together collectively in a way that we are an unstoppable force.
    I dreamed that a friend of mine had invented a material that was holographic in nature. It looked like some kind of putty. He spread it on a bench seat and it immediately became a portal I could peer into. It was in the shape of a dragon and there were love hearts swirling around through it.
    In my dream, the thoughts arose that it was time to enter the dragon's lair, right at the very heart of it.
    I was then inspired to google what the dragon mean't for the collective consciousness and the following article popped up and exploded in my consciousness! (Note the word existential as the subheading - I have a friend who says that we are all of us going through an extistential crisis)

"THE DRAGON ARCHETYPE
    AN EXISTENTIAL REVELATION
    Spiritual & Cultural Archetype
    Enki Means Archetype
    If one waits long enough, one sees how the Gods all change into serpents and underworld dragons in the end. This is also the fate of the Logos: in the end it poisons us all. ~Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 280.

BEHOLD, OH LANOO! THE RADIANT CHILD OF THE TWO, THE UNPARALLELED REFULGENT GLORY: BRIGHT SPACE SON OF DARK SPACE, WHICH EMERGES FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE GREAT DARK WATERS. IT IS OEAOHOO THE YOUNGER, THE * * * HE SHINES FORTH AS THE SON; HE IS THE BLAZING DIVINE DRAGON OF WISDOM.
    --HPB, The Stanzas of Dzyan

Alas, he is my dearest, most beautiful friend, he who rushes across, pursuing the sun and wanting to marry himself with the immeasurable mother as the sun does. How closely akin, indeed how completely one are the serpent and the God! The word which was our deliverer has become a deadly weapon, a serpent that secretly stabs. ~Carl Jung on Izdubar, Liber Novus, Page 280.

Some have their reason in thinking, others in feeling. Both are servants of Logos, and
    in secret become worshipers of the serpent. ~Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 280
    Picture
    The image of the Greater Dragon evokes in our consciousness the concepts of Awesome Power, of Magistery, of Splendor, Terrible Beauty, and Mystery.

In the human psyche dragons can symbolize a meeting ground in the imaginable world of the unlimited power and possibilities of the Creation Magic of which universes are born-- together with the need to overcome, individually and collectively, the lower aspects of our nature while developing high moral character, integrity, honor, and nobility of motive.

The ancient Zoroastrians and magi who started a tradition of chivalry more than 7,000 years ago used fire as a symbol representing the One Light, the Truth, and the Will to Goodness or “Nobility” that is inherent in the fabric of every soul. They knew Dragons and the fire elementals as living conscious beings who represented primarily Truth and Annihilation.

Annihilation of what you ask? Of the false ego, the false self concept that is limiting the current possibilities of what you can become. The obstacle between us and what we are becoming is physical death. The dragon reminds one that ultimately what remains after an encounter with one of their kind is what spirit wills, that which is eternal. But often not the physical body which rarely survives this encounter.

To face the dragon means to be prepared to let go of the truly unreal, of the false. For it is the spirit alone which can prevail over the dragons. There are many types of dragons in our consciousness now. We see them in movies, as the mainstay of books of fiction or fantasy, in art, and, and even in religious ceremonies. What do all these dragon archetypes mean?

The Sufi Master Inayat Khan called the Chinese dragon a representation “of power and at the same time a conception of the Almighty.” And further he comments that the dragon is also a symbol of unity for it combines the features and talents of many beings in oneness and wholeness. William Shakespeare wrote about the Western dragon in unflattering terms in several of his plays. North American Indians used it as a symbol for the supernatural while Central Amerinds called it a teacher of how to overcome the lower nature of ones beastman. Meeting one was always considered a dangerous and life changing adventure by all and sought after by only those who wished to progress upon their lives pathway.

The serpent/dragon archetype is world-wide and relates to a number of human concerns--death, rebirth, healing, immortality, knowledge, wisdom, wealth, and finally water, which has much the same symbolism. Joseph Campbell, in one of his less inspired moments, claimed that Eastern dragons were different than Western ones, but in fact they are not, though the attitude toward them is somewhat different. Like in the west, dragons are associated with water in the form of weather, streams, bodies of water, and the primal cosmic ocean.

The oldest and most purely mythic dragon stories deal with creation and the primal oceanic chaos which is a great dragon. In other stories the dragon withholds the waters causing drought until defeated by a champion. In legendary, as opposed to mythic, stories the dragon guards a treasure and often has an appetite for women, especially virgins.

Whether your experience of dragons is purely symbolical or whether it is your reality- the experience itself is meant for your benefit. Toward the One. Toward the real Truth."

I am ready to let go of the unreal. I embrace and I am open to being on the leading edge of consciousness for the whole of humanity.
    Last edited by Constance; 22nd August 2015 at 23:53.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

betoobig (24th August 2015), Bill Ryan (25th August 2015), Caylen (23rd August 2015), FinallyNow (27th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015)

19. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

for this important topic (and its excellent opening post).

It should concern us all. George Green is famous for his oft-quoted remark from our (Camelot's) 2008 interview with him:

If a train’s coming down here and your car is parked right over here, and if I don’t tell you the train’s there, then shame on you for not knowing and shame on me for not telling you.

On the forum here, I've often referred to my experience as a mountaineer, sometimes guiding/leading inexperienced people in potentially dangerous situations. In over 35 years, no-one I was responsible for ever even experienced a scratch. But part of the reason for that was being awake and aware to real hazards all the time. I wrote here, in response to a query from a member who was concerned I might be 'fear-mongering':
    Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    I have waded through all of this talk of doomsday and am quite dismayed that none of you mentioned a more positive scenario. One in which humanity IS waking up. One in which we are also waking up to the fact that humans have great powers to control their world and make life agreeable to all. Maybe that is why the 'elite' are leaving. Maybe they see that they are losing control.
    Right. None of this doomsday stuff will come true... Notice Ebola is dying down, after multiple people tried to pump it out of all proportion. Last year Syria and DHS insiders were in fashion.

A lot of us have spent time this summer compiling lists of simple technology that could solve nearly every major problem we have. Bill has provided (and paid for) a good platform for us to meet, but has completely ignored all our efforts. Instead of helping us promote our findings, we get more unfounded speculation and vague eschatology. I've invited him to cooperate several times, to no avail.

Join the winning team, Bill.
    Thanks for this, but from what you write, I think that maybe you don't understand me fully. Perhaps I can say a little more!

Everyone who knows me personally understands that I'm an extraordinarily positive person. But it's my JOB to warn of dangers and to consider contingencies.

I never intentionally 'spread fear'. This is nothing to do with fear-mongering, or doomsaying, or negativity of any kind.

If I'm guiding a client on a mountain (I used to do this, as a semi-professional mountaineer), and I sense an avalanche danger, or a coming storm, or that it may be too late in the day to make the summit and return safely to camp, that's not spreading fear. That's being responsible, and it would be my job.

Sometimes I'd make the call, and sometimes I'd consult with my clients, partners or friends to ask them what personal risk they were willing to take. But they would need to be well-informed of the facts.

Sometimes, the facts are just not certain; but I'd still need to inform them of possibilities.

I would not be trying to make my client afraid. I'd be wanting to take the best possible care of him so that he'd return to his family safely at the end of a memorable adventure.

For me, the issues are about balance, accuracy and perspective.
    If George Green's train always fails to materialize, after one has panicked and scrambled each time to get one's car out of the way, it becomes a Wolf, Wolf situation that is itself dangerous as it generates complacency. And complacent mountaineers usually meet with accidents (they really do, eventually).
    I feel that what you have said is spot on Bill. People really need to know exactly what we are up against. We need to be able to fit all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together, be able to see the complete picture and from there we may work our way towards the overall answer for humanities plight. It is no good to us as a whole if we miss the point somewhere.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (24th August 2015), Bill Ryan (25th August 2015), Caylen (25th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015)

21. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[QUOTE=breal;992266]

George Green is famous for his oft-quoted remark from our (Camelot's) 2008 interview with him:
    If a train’s coming down here and your car is parked right over here, and if I don’t tell you the train’s there, then shame on you for not knowing and shame on me for not telling you.
    This is an oft repeated quote. It seems at first glance to be very practical.

However, it has been my experience that when I would warn people of the "oncoming train", I would get a deer-in-the headlights response, or the opossum response. I found that I lost friends over time and was accused of being negative (when I thought I was just mindfully pointing out the facts). I realised over time that my valuable information was not acheiving the results I was looking for. People were responding with fear or denial. This was not going to change the world!

So, I retreated for a while to figure out what to do about this.

Then I realised that most people don't even know they are on the train tracks. If they did, they did not know how to get off when the train would come. They simply did not have the skills to make a proper move, so they had little choice but to freeze up.

Now, I make it a point that when I talk about the train, I first think of at least one solution to offer of how to get off the tracks so there is hope and the person feels empowered. As the French say, "It's all in the presentation".

I greatly admire Cathy O'Brien for following this formula. During her deprogramming with Mark Philips, terrible realizations would surface. Mark would admonish her to think of a solution before voicing a problem. She had the grace to adapt to this even during this most terrifying period. She is a truly remarkable example.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (25th August 2015), Bill Ryan (25th August 2015), Constance (29th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015), sunpaw (30th August 2015), T Smith (25th August 2015)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I felt the impact of the Jane Burgermier truth activist momentum. I KNOW that it made a huge difference. So many people were touched by her brave actions. I loved that interview! And so many others were on the truth team, like the Toronto We Are Change group passing out information on the street.

My motto is: "don't be scared; be prepared." That's my response to truthful information. I put a natural immune defense system supplement list on the board at school while the district promoted the h1n1 and regular flu shots to all students. And I quit. We need to kick pharma & military out of our schools. Please save our kids from forced attendance.

We can also take charge of our body and not accept conditions that Drs ascribe to us. In my personal experience I rejected a diagnosis/prognosis of declining health due to rheumatoid arthritis. Rejected the pharmaceuticals that I was told I'd have to be on for the rest of my life. Got acupuncture and treated it with diet. It's been gone for many years.

Our minds and will power count a lot!!!

Great discussion. I love our love and sharing here. I can feel it.

Loving more and more,
    Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

awakeningmom (30th August 2015), Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (25th August 2015), Bill Ryan (25th August 2015), Caylen (29th August 2015), Constance (29th August 2015), FinallyNow (27th August 2015), Frenchy (25th August 2015)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I felt the impact of the Jane Burgermier truth activist momentum. So many people were touched by her brave actions.

My motto is: "don't be scared; be prepared." We need to kick pharma & military out of our schools. Please save our kids from forced attendance.

We can also take charge of our body and not accept conditions that Drs ascribe to us. In my personal experience I rejected a diagnosis/prognosis of declining health due to rheumatoid arthritis.
    Great discussion. I love our love and sharing here. I can feel it.

Loving more and more,
    Michelle Marie
    Usually would just attach " Thanks " to great sentiment, ( feelings) . Sometimes, need to qualify why, Previously, I trusted Doctors, after all, I did four years to become a Fitter-Machinist, and I'm proud of the training I received: so I respected others who forgo earnings, to study awhile.... ( Until the 'Doctor' nearly killed my two year old daughter )... I've moved on, and only recently when I needed a Doctors help to remove a Morgellons-associated Larvae ( Worm ? ), fom my arm, did I encounter a Doctor who ' is only there for the money '...

Of Course , the Hospital, ( and ALL authorities ), will ALWAYS protect their own; rather than " Lessons Learned ". And so, M&M, I agree and support your statement whole-heartedly, the schools were set-up to destroy the family-bond. More importantly, AWARE parents, will ALWAYS be able to give their off-spring the " Education " they need ..... To survive. [ wish I had a Mum like Sofia Smallstorm, or Karen silkwood :-) }

Greetings frm across the 'Pond'.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (29th August 2015), Bill Ryan (26th August 2015), Caylen (29th August 2015), FinallyNow (27th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Ghost Rider,
    Thank you for expressing this honesty. It's strange, I was twenty-three, in my first job, and my Engineer Boss, was speaking of his annual holidays in France. I had seen France (on the school map !) Never could I imagine, years later, I would be writing a letter such as this, from France ! ! Your coments, struck home, for, until I started hitch-hiking in france, NEVER imagined the kindness, friendlyness, shown to me, by " those froggies " ! ! !

Now, nearing the darkness and end times, of this corporal existence, I have profitted ( benefitted; in the French sense ), from having met a Chinese Girlfriend, an Algerian Muslim (Male Companion), as well as having been invited by "Ram", a former resident of Surinam, but of Indian descent. How my life has been enriched by all these beautiful, loving characters, who have shown me more love and character, beyond my own front door....

Good on you for having the courage for " Public Speaking "!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Becky (30th August 2015), betoobig (29th August 2015), Bill Ryan (26th August 2015), Caylen (29th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Meggins,
    This Stranger, needed you to be there for him, to put a closure to his bad influences.

Peace conquers violence ?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

betoobig (29th August 2015), Bill Ryan (26th August 2015), Caylen (29th August 2015), Meggings (30th August 2015), Michelle Marie (25th August 2015)

31. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Kathy;992796]

George Green is famous for his oft-quoted remark from our (Camelot's) 2008 interview with him:
    This is an oft repeated quote. It seems at first glance to be very practical.

However, it has been my experience that when I would warn people of the "oncoming train", I would get a deer-in-the headlights response, or the opossum response. I found that I lost friends over time and was accused of being negative (when I thought I was just mindfully pointing out the facts). I realised over time that my valuable information was not acheiving the results I was looking for. People were responding with fear or denial. This was not going to change the world!

So, I retreated for a while to figure out what to do about this.

Then I realised that most people don't even know they are on the train tracks. If they did, they did not know how to get off when the train would come. They simply did not have the skills to make a proper move, so they had little choice but to freeze up.

Now, I make it a point that when I talk about the train, I first think of at least one solution to offer of how to get off the tracks so there is hope and the person feels empowered. As the French say, "It's all in the presentation".

I greatly admire Cathy O'Brien for following this formula. During her deprogramming with Mark Philips, terrible realizations would surface. Mark would admonish her to think of a solution before voicing a problem. She had the grace to adapt to this even during this most terrifying period. She is a truly remarkable example.
    I've also come to realise that even if you give people the realisation they are on the track, give the people the skills on how to get off the track, that they still want to stay on that track! Having a strategy to deal with this has been my biggest challenge to date.
    Another way of describing what I am dealing with goes like this. (thanks to a friend of mine for the analogy)
    There is a bunch of monkey catchers in India who catch monkeys by putting an orange in a container and nailing it to the ground. They leave it out as bait for the monkey.
    The container is big enough for the monkey to get his hand out however, once he reaches in for the orange, he cannot get his hand out unless he lets go of the orange. Because he refuses to let go of the orange, he cannot get his hand out and he is caught by the monkey catchers.

So if you have any suggestions or practical ideas, I am very open to them

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (23rd September 2020), betoobig (29th August 2015), Bill Ryan (29th August 2015), Caylen (29th August 2015)

33. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I've also come to realise that even if you give people the realisation they are on the track, give the people the skills on how to get off the track, that they still want to stay on that track! Having a strategy to deal with this has been my biggest challenge to date.

There is really nothing else for you to do. If you have delivered the information, you have done your part. It is up to the other person to decide to act or not act. That is what is called free will. You are not responsible for other's actions. This is hard when you see the train, but to force anything would be infringing on free will and you get Karma for that.

People will hear when they are ready. Everyone has their own pace of learning and some won't get it this lifetime. No problem! We get to try over and over again. There is no such thing as failure - just experience.

So, when you offer information, it is like setting the table for a buffet. People are welcome to choose and take what they want. Just make sure your "food" does not have the aroma of fear, or else you will see faces appear at your table that you were not intending to invite!

I love the quote in the Bhagavad Gita (Krishna, the God-head is giving counsel to Arjuna in the chapter of Inner Doctrine) "O Prince of Pandu, arise and fight! being willing to take whatever betideth thee - be it pain or pleasure; loss or gain; victory or defeat; thine only concern being whether thou hast done thy best..."

So, relax - all that matters is that you have done your best!

You are not responsible for the actions of others - just your own.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Anka (23rd September 2020), Bill Ryan (29th August 2015), Constance (29th August 2015), Meggings (30th August 2015), Wind (1st September 2015)

35. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kathy (here)

There is really nothing else for you to do. If you have delivered the information, you have done your part. It is up to the other person to decide to act or not act. That is what is called free will. You are not responsible for other's actions. This is hard when you see the train, but to force anything would be infringing on free will and you get Karma for that.

People will hear when they are ready. Everyone has their own pace of learning and some won't get it this lifetime. No problem! We get to try over and over again. There is no such thing as failure - just experience.

So, when you offer information, it is like setting the table for a buffet. People are welcome to choose and take what they want. Just make sure your "food" does not have the aroma of fear, or else you will see faces appear at your table that you were not intending to invite!

I love the quote in the Bhagavad Gita (Krishna, the God-head is giving counsel to Arjuna in the chapter of Inner Doctrine) "O Prince of Pandu, arise and fight! being willing to take whatever betideth thee - be it pain or pleasure; loss or gain; victory or defeat; thine only concern being whether thou hast done thy best..."

So, relax - all that matters is that you have done your best!

You are not responsible for the actions of others - just your own.
    Thank you Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Caylen (29th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015)

37. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Latvia, Greece win opt-out from Monsanto GM crop

Quote BRUSSELS, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Monsanto said it would abide by Latvia's and Greece's requests under a new EU opt-out law to be excluded from its application to grow a genetically modified (GM) crop across the European Union, but accused them of ignoring science.

Under a law signed in March individual countries can seek exclusion from any approval request for GM cultivation across the EU. While the European Commission is responsible for approvals, requests to be excluded also have to be submitted to the company making the application.

GM crops are widely-grown in the Americas and Asia, but Monsanto's pest-resistant MON810 is the only variety grown in Europe, where opposition is fierce.
    The article continues, but you have the idea!

It took Enough Good people!

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Anka (23rd September 2020), awakeningmom (30th August 2015), Becky (30th August 2015), Bill Ryan (30th August 2015), Meggings (30th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast