Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

Default Re: Michael Cremo : Forbidden Archeology

Hope this is of help for those who would like to read

PDF Link for Hidden history of the human race

http://www.humanityunitedforum.com/M...ace%201998.pdf

sharon

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

Abhaya (8th August 2013), Atlas (9th March 2017), conk (1st August 2013), EC1000 (8th August 2013), gaiagirl (4th March 2017), Metaphor (8th August 2013), Vitalux (8th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member EC1000's Avatar
    Lately it seems to me that I live in the dream of all that is.
    Thanks

Quote Posted by learninglight (here)
    Hope this is of help for those who would like to read

PDF Link for Hidden history of the human race

http://www.humanityunitedforum.com/M...ace%201998.pdf

sharon
    you're awesome-thank you
    Secret elders from a gentle race,
    this world has seldom seen.
    Talk of days for which we sit and wait
    when all will be revealed.

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo
    http://amazon.com/Michael-A.-Cremo/e/B000APJC1I

Michael Cremo wrote a number of books. His magnum opus was Forbidden Archaeology, a 900-page, highly detailed, academic tome. A shorter book which followed, The Hidden History of the Human Race, was an abridged popular version.

I read both from cover to cover many years ago, and was awestruck by Cremo's research. It's impeccably compiled, and steamrollers any orthodox views of human history.

As he points out, the entire collection of hominid skeletal remains on which the standard views have been founded would cover just two trestle tables -- no more than that. But far more evidence, which tells an entirely different story, lies buried and concealed, effectively covered up, in the basements of the Smithsonian. Cremo meticulously documents it all.

I had the fortune to meet Cremo on a two hour bus journey after a conference, and sat next to him. Having read Forbidden Archaeology, I was proudly able to put to him the kinds of questions he's not normally asked by casual audiences. The conversation we had was fascinating and memorable, and I would love to have recorded it. All his work is highly recommended.

Thank you so much Bill for your comment, insight and experience.

I first read Forbidden Archaeology about 3 years ago, and it definitely changed my entire outlook on history. It once and for all put to rest any preconceived foundations that human's evolved from apes.
    It actually helped foster a new direction in my growth for truth and awareness.

What I find most interesting is I have mentioned this book to dozens of people. I have even at times left my copy with a friend in hopes that he would read the book.So far to date, out of dozens of folks , few if any have read it or given it much consideration.

Even on other chat forums I rarely encounter anyone who knows of this information, or author as well.

Strange in a way, ......you would think Michael Cremo's book, forbidden archaeology would spread like wildfire across the minds of all.
    Even in Avalon I find it does not draw a lot of hits either.

I'm just thankful that my spiritual pathway crossed this information.

Some people come here to seek information of human life, others come here just to seek experiences of human life.
    Perhaps it all boils down to that...

Praise Source, and Praise Avalon and it's creator.
    With knowledge comes the responsibility to act on that knowledge, and not everyone wants to be in that position. Therefore the heads remain in the sand - "what I do not know I do not have to be responsible for", is a mindset of many.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

StandingWave (4th March 2017)

6. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Lightbulb Re: Michael Cremo : Forbidden Archeology

Quote SHORT BIO FROM HIS WEBSITE:

Michael Cremo is on the cutting edge of science and culture issues. In the course of a few month's time he might be found on pilgrimage to sacred sites in India, appearing on a national television show, lecturing at a mainstream science conference, or speaking to an alternative science gathering. As he crosses disciplinary and cultural boundaries, he presents to his various audiences a compelling case for negotiating a new consensus on the nature of reality.

Michael Cremo is a member of the World Archeological Congress and the European Association of Archaeologists as well as an associate member of the Bhaktivedanta Institute specializing in history and philosophy of science.

Published on Jan 14, 2016

7. Link to Post #45
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Mr. Cremo has some terrific wisdom and deep information to share. Unfortunately he is about the most boring speaker I have ever heard! O - M - G!!! I only managed to get a half hour into this interview before I had to pause it for later viewing - I was about to go into a coma. For once I actually welcomed Kerry's interruptions - she got him moving along somewhat.

I will revisit this vid as he is such a font of knowledge, but I thought I'd give others a heads-up that they'd better be wide awake before launching into this.
    Like, two coffees down and one in the hand awake!

Cheers,

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

fourty-two (16th January 2016), giovonni (16th January 2016), leavesoftrees (16th January 2016), Lifebringer (15th January 2016), lisalu (15th January 2016), sheme (15th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (15th January 2016)

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,042 times in 911 posts

Thanks Brian for the heads up. This reminds me of the need for a bit of software that takes the audio and immediately transcribes it, rapidly, for us speed readers. This would save a lot of time, whether or not we get a heads up. When evaluating and consolidating info on a given subject the pictures registered to a speed reader are invaluable tools.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

butcherman (17th January 2016), fourty-two (16th January 2016), seah (16th January 2016)

11. Link to Post #47
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Michael Cremo : Forbidden Archeology

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    Mr. Cremo has some terrific wisdom and deep information to share. Unfortunately he is about the most boring speaker I have ever heard! O - M - G!!! I only managed to get a half hour into this interview before I had to pause it for later viewing - I was about to go into a coma. For once I actually welcomed Kerry's interruptions - she got him moving along somewhat.

I will revisit this vid as he is such a font of knowledge, but I thought I'd give others a heads-up that they'd better be wide awake before launching into this.
    Like, two coffees down and one in the hand awake!

Cheers,

Brian
    Here's a most recent one you might enjoy better .... I did ...

Posted Jan 7, 2016 at ~ Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Humans Predate Dinasours, The Evidence, Forbidden Archeologist,

Leak Project's Rex Bear with Michael Cremo

"This video is about Michael Cremo, Forbidden Archelogy, Tools Millions of Years Old, Mind Blowing Histroy" ...

Quote Biography:

Michael Cremo is a member of the History of Science Society, the World Archeological Congress, the Philosophy of Science Association, the European Association of Archaeologists and a research associate in history and philosophy of science for the Bhaktivedanta Institute. After receiving a scholarship to study International Affairs at George Washington University, Michael began to study the ancient histories of India known as the Vedas. In this way, he has broadened his academic knowledge with spirituality from the Eastern tradition.

Michael is on the cutting edge of science and culture issues. In the course of a few months time he might be found on pilgrimage to sacred sites in India, appearing on a national television show in the United States or another country, lecturing at a mainstream science conference, or speaking to an alternative science gathering. As he crosses disciplinary and cultural boundaries, he presents to his various audiences a compelling case for negotiating a new consensus on the nature of reality.

Published on Jan 7, 2016

Last edited by giovonni; 15th January 2016 at 05:56.

12. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

Thanks Brian for making me laugh out loud...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (29th January 2016), fourty-two (16th January 2016)

14. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The interview lasts nearly 2 hours.
    It's like tldr .. or rather tldw
    I'm too busy to invest all that time.
    What, basically, is he saying ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tomfellows For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (16th January 2016)

16. Link to Post #50
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Smile Re: Michael Cremo : Forbidden Archeology

Quote Posted by tomfellows (here)
    Welcome to Avalon !

17. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Am glad I DO have the time to listen. It was great that Kerry was patient with him. We each have our own personality.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

giovonni (16th January 2016)

19. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

I like Michael Cremo!

His speaking style is measured and purposefully paced. He can be a bit monotone BUT as he actively presents to academics his measured, methodical delivery is well suited to be received and considered. Excited and animated delivery a la Llyod Pye ( another fav of mine RIP) or LA Marzulli immediately alienates or agitates some listeners. I tend to place him with KLaus Dona as a speaker and they do seem to do best presenting, not interviewing imho.

I enjoy Oopsart and disruptive archaeology. I also tend not to "agree" with carbon dating techniques or geologists rock formations dating but I do find myself agreeing with positions that many VERY ancient civilizations have come well before generally accepted dates and the likelihood that some of these civilizations were not made by "modern humans". Mr. Cremo helped me discover that when I was bored with my archaeology classes. Nearly failed a course by referencing him

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

giovonni (16th January 2016), Innocent Warrior (16th January 2016), Sophocles (16th January 2016)

21. Link to Post #53
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Saw your post before I watched the video, took notes to share;

A researcher and author who endeavours to answer the question of human origins; where and when.

Read original literature in various languages and found accounts of humans being around for millions of years.

Work influenced by Indian texts.

Discusses the filtering of information in mainstream science.

Mentions inclusion of conscious self being a factor in answering the question of origins.

Book, Human Devolution contains case studies supporting Vedic alternative to Darwin.

Interested in archeological finds that suggest humans are older than 200 thousand years.

Human bones found in ancient layers of rocks, finding published by Harvard.

Mentioned case of little known papers that are not stored at the museum but in a separate storehouse and there is a process just to see them. Sometimes it takes years just to track the little known papers down.

Kerry asks if he’s been to Australia;

Rock art found in Lake Eyre in South Australia shows platypus. 15 - 20 millions years ago, the platypus was living at Lake Eyre (different species than modern smaller platypus). Suggests that whoever made the rock art was around 15 million years ago.

Australia - impact craters. Aboriginal legends of celestial objects creating the impacts, events which date back hundreds of thousands to millions of years ago.

Kerry asks, in light of information in Indian texts, does he believe we lived here at the same time as other ET races and were we seeded from the stars;

Humans interact with ET races. There are periodic devastations that occur, after which the planet is re-seeded. Short answer is yes but that he has his particular take on it.

Has he been visited by ET races?

No accounts like that, not a conscious waking state, not that he knows of.

Also discussed;
    blue ETs
    giants
    long head skulls
    oldest account of humans, artefacts; skeletal - 300 million years, shoe-print - 550 million years old.

Q & A from viewers
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th January 2016), Becky (16th January 2016), Curt (16th January 2016), giovonni (16th January 2016), greybeard (16th January 2016), Karpos (16th January 2016), Matt P (17th January 2016), Sophocles (16th January 2016)

23. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Welcome to Avalon !
    Thank you giovonni.

I presume you already watched the video.
    You helpfully supplied a short bio for the interviewee.

According to Brian this guy is quite boring.
    The prospect of watching a boring man for nearly
    2 hours doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. And on top
    of that i don't actually have a good idea what this is
    about, there's no synopsis, no summary.

Perhaps you could also supply a brief summary of
    the topics covered. That would be very helpful :-)

tom

24. The Following User Says Thank You to tomfellows For This Post:

giovonni (16th January 2016)

25. Link to Post #55
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

hmm ...

26. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Here's the condensed version of Cremo and Thompson's 900+ page magnum opus, Forbidden Archeology:

http://projectavalon.net/The_Hidden_...Cremo_1999.pdf (a mere 210 pages )

I actually read Forbidden Archeology from cover to cover about 10 years ago... but you have to be pretty interested (which I was) to follow the huge amount of fine, academic detail. He knows FAR more than the vast majority of archeologists about real human origins.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (17th January 2016), Curt (16th January 2016), Gardener (16th January 2016), giovonni (16th January 2016), Hervé (16th January 2016), JRS (20th January 2016), Matt P (17th January 2016), the_real_dave-id (19th January 2016)

28. Link to Post #57
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Dark Journalist

Michael Cremo | The Ten Million Year Old Secret - Vimanas & UFOs (Part One)

Published 4th March 2017

It's The Dark Journalist meets The Forbidden Archeologist so you know this will be highly informative. Michael shares the latest in his ground breaking research, Discusses the scientific & academic coverup, The UFO enigma & Ancient Sanskrit accounts of Vimanas.

Supporting notes in video description

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Atlas (9th March 2017), Bill Ryan (8th March 2017), BMJ (4th March 2017), drneglector (10th March 2017), Krist (4th March 2017), looking-glass (9th March 2017), RunningDeer (4th March 2017), uzn (4th March 2017)

30. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Dark Journalist

Michael Cremo | The Ten Million Year Old Secret - Vimanas & UFOs (Part One)

Published 4th March 2017

It's The Dark Journalist meets The Forbidden Archeologist so you know this will be highly informative. Michael shares the latest in his ground breaking research, Discusses the scientific & academic coverup, The UFO enigma & Ancient Sanskrit accounts of Vimanas.

Supporting notes in video description

Summary:

Published on Mar 4, 2017

Visit http://www.DarkJournalist.com

Ancient Vimana UFO Revelations and a Lost Civilization!

In this fascinating episode packed with exciting information, Dark Journalist Daniel Liszt interviews the influential author of Forbidden Archaeology Michael Cremo on his controversial research into the dating of human origins. ancient civilizations and the potential widespread impact of Extraterrestrial cultures on human development.

Cremo's groundbreaking research has been featured on NBC's Television Special 'The Mysterious Origins of Man" and on the History Channel's Ancient Aliens TV Series. His diligent investigation into the turned up a series of anomalies that strongly suggest a much older date for the advent of humanity, including finely manufactured spheres uncovered in South Africa that date all the way back to a staggering two billion years!

Scientific Coverup

Cremo strongly disagrees with mainstream scientific and archaeological assertions that human beings got their primitive start as cave dwellers around 200,000 B.C and have only had relatively high culture for six thousand years. He has catalogued shocking artifacts and physical evidence for over two decades that show not only was there an advanced pre-diluvian culture that existed far before recorded history, but that it was predated by 10 million years by the legacy of a sophisticated human society. He sees a massive cover up in scientific circles as their focus has steadily moved towards a limited scientific materialism in the last two hundred years.

The UFO Enigma and Ancient Sanskrit Accounts of Vimanas

Cremo has pieced together from early Sanskrit accounts the devastating impact of a high tech flying machine that existed in antiquity called a 'Vimana' by the ancients. The Vimana was capable of projecting itself in multiple places at once and so it was impossible to defend against. This fascinating flying marvel was responsible for the devastation of Dwarka, an ancient paradise that resembles Plato's description of the legendary Atlantis. The striking similarity between modern day UFO Sightings and the detailed ancient descriptions of the Vimana let's us know that whatever the UFO Phenomena represents it has been with humanity for a very long time.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2017), Karma Ninja (10th March 2017), Krist (4th March 2017), leavesoftrees (6th March 2017)

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Michael Cremo's books are in http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks. Do take a look.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (9th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2017), JRS (9th March 2017), looking-glass (9th March 2017), mab777 (9th March 2017), RunningDeer (9th March 2017), Star Tsar (9th March 2017)

34. Link to Post #60
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Fade To Black

Episode 619 | Michael Cremo - The Foribidden Archeologist : Extreme Human Antiquity

Aired 6th March 2017 | Published 8th March 2017

The preeminent Mr Cremo re-enters the bunker to talk about his recent trip to India, Society & Science's suppression of evidence, Evolution & Devolution,
    DNA plus more.

Program notes here:http://jimmychurchradio.com/

Last edited by Star Tsar; 9th March 2017 at 03:08.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

drneglector (10th March 2017), Ewan (9th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2017), RunningDeer (9th March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast