+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Student Attacked For Telling The Truth

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

Default Student Attacked For Telling The Truth

Quote As many of you know I recently got suspended from school. Here is what for:
    We were given the task to write a persuasive speech about something that your had a strong opinion about. I originally had planned to do a speech about animal cruelty but the night before I decided to change it to a topic I truly felt passionate about. The school system and teachers. I do understand that this is not everyone's cup of tea but it is mine, and that's why I did it, for me. After I presented my speech my teacher left the class looking rather sad. The next day I came home from school to my father telling me that I was suspended for my speech (he didn't even know anything about it). My dean had told him because I was too controversial they did not want me back at school for at least until he had a meeting with the principle.
    After hearing this news, rather than regretting what I had done, I was more proud. Proud that someone had heard my voice. But also I am angry. I thought New Zealand was a country with freedom of speech?? What grounds do the school stand on for suspending me.
    If you don't think you will like what I'm about to say, simply don't read it. But this is just my opinion and what I believe. I am proud of this.
    Here is my speech..

I’m a decently smart kid, with some decently good grades. But sometimes I believe that, with the essays, worksheets and endless amount of study assigned to me each day, that teachers secretly hate me, rather than actually wanting to help me do better. They most likely, if anything really, just do it for the pay check. I’m not saying all teachers do, but the majority of them appear to be that way. I always think about how I do believe school is important however I don’t believe most of the stuff taught there, is. Do I honestly need to know what a= 1+rn to the 2nd power is, go over the treaty Waitangi every year since I was literally 5 or memorize the periodic table in order to get somewhere in life? Do I honestly need to know the structure of a seed and how it works and whatnot? No, I don’t think so. I believe school should, instead, teach us more valuable information that we’ll actually need for our futures.

In High School, we should be learning about the real world, how to pay my taxes, apply for jobs, mortgage my house, buy a car, things that we will actually use in the future. So far, I’ve only learned that whatever I manage to get done in a short amount of time isn’t enough. What’s that? You did your homework, but didn’t do one question because you found it difficult and you were struggling? Well, there’s a unsatisfactory for homework on your mid term report! Now, that’s just not ok.

What my point is, we all struggle, and work, and stress our selves over things that aren’t important in the long run. Two years after High School, and the majority of the students who’ve graduated have already forgotten anything they’ve learned in the last four years of their school career. Stressing myself over end of year exams, because if I fail, I have my parents on my back, asking me why I didn't try hard enough, my teacher telling me I could have focused harder in class and my peers simply telling me that I’m stupid? Ridiculous.

I honestly used to love going to school. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it made me happy to go to school, to meet friends, to learn things that I never knew. But the minute High School starts, it’s either you fly, or you fall. Now I strongly dislike it, and want nothing to do with it.

Some teachers are nice, there are a good few who are genuinely nice and want to help us but it seems that the teachers that are not willing to encourage and help me are all teachers of the subjects I’m not good at and it also happens to be that I don’t enjoy them. It’s unbelievable how some teachers play favorites. They believe you can do better than your best? If they wanted me to do better, wouldn’t they actually help me to understand? they wouldn’t shove more work down my throat and expect me not to have any trouble with it. I’m not saying to treat me special because I struggle in the subject but because I’m a student who would like to learn things by a teacher, and not a book. Actually do the teaching that you were taught and you are paid to do. Don’t just give me worksheets to do and expect me to take a test on the topic 2 days later.

you know….the school system is really screwed up …. We have all these teachers that dont enjoy their jobs and are all angry about the cut backs in their paychecks. Making us feel like complete idiots and making us feel useless. Like it’s our fault that we don’t understand the work! Maybe some of us have just don’t understand it! Or maybe the teacher didn’t teach it very well, but we’re the ones dealing with the consequences of failure.

It’s teachers like this that make us students want to skip class and not go to school because we think we arent good enough for the certain subject. Like we are stupid and will never understand it…. Teachers are PAID to TEACH us.. not paid to hand out a piece of paper with words on it and sit around and do nothing!!!!!!! I’m not saying all teachers are bad, and I understand that us as students need to make an effort. But our teachers chose this career and need to try to cater for each individuals education.

We spend 7 hours, 5 days a week, plus extra hours on top of that going over the days work, revision, studying, completing unfinished work and also homework give, working to please every single teacher, the least the could do is have some understanding and simply teach.

There you go.
    I want my voice to be heard. And I want this to get back to napier girls. So give it a share. Thank you x
    https://www.facebook.com/anela.pritc...79840798714294
    Quote WHEN a Year 10 English teacher at Napier Girls’ High School set the class the task of giving a speech about something they felt strongly about, no one banked on Anela Pritchard.

And that should be a lesson to them.

The 15-year-old New Zealand teen saw an opportunity, letting rip with a blistering attack on her “lazy” educators and their teaching of “irrelevant information”.

“We have all these teachers that don’t enjoy their jobs and are all angry about the cutbacks in their pay cheques, making us feel like complete idiots and making us feel useless,” Miss Pritchard said in her scorched-earth address to the class.

“It’s teachers like this that make us students want to skip class and not go to school because they think we aren’t good enough for a certain subject. Like we are stupid and will never understand it. Teachers are paid to teach us, not paid to hand out a piece of paper with words on it and sit round and do nothing.”

Just to be sure no one missed the memo — and after delivering the speech to her “rather sad” looking teacher — Miss Pritchard emailed it to other school staff and, naturally, posted it on Facebook, the New Zealand Herald reports.

“Do I honestly need to know what a= 1+rn to the 2nd power is ... in order to get somewhere in life? Do I honestly need to know the structure of a seed and how it works and whatnot? No, I don’t think so,” Miss Pritchard thundered.

“In high school we should be learning about the real world — how to pay my taxes, apply for jobs, mortgage my house, buy a car — things that we will actually use in the future.

“So far, I’ve only learned that whatever I manage to get done in a short amount of time isn’t enough.

“I honestly used to love going to school. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it made me happy to go to school, to meet friends, to learn things that I never knew. But the minute High School starts, it’s either you fly, or you fall. Now I strongly dislike it, and want nothing to do with it.”

The English teacher who set the assignment — described by a supporter as “one of the kindest most compassionate teachers I’ve ever had” — was left in tears, according to reports.

Meanwhile a row has erupted over free speech at Napier Girls’ High, in New Zealand’s Hawke’s Bay, and whether or not Miss Pritchard’s address had earned her a suspension.

“I do understand that this is not everyone’s cup of tea but it is mine, and that’s why I did it, for me,” she wrote, announcing her punishment on Facebook.

The teen and her father, orchard worker Andrew Pritchard, claim the school told her she was not welcome back. However, principal Mary Nixon denies it, telling The New Zealand Herald she had met with the Pritchards to discuss the matter, admitting staff were “shocked and upset” by the speech.

It has also touched off a wider debate about educational standards across the ditch.

Mr Pritchard, for his part, has backed his not-to-be-messed-with offspring, telling ONE News he “absolutely stands by her”.

“I’ve had a lot of support for what I’ve said but apparently some teachers and students aren’t very happy,” Miss Pritchard told the TV station, which reported the 15-year-old may have been asked to stay away from the school for her own safety.

“I was expecting an apology from the school today and we didn’t get one.”

Mr Pritchard said his daughter was tossing up a move to Australia over the holidays to live with her brother as the media storm clouds darkened.

Best not to get in her way.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/par...-1227423678616
    i wish i'm like her able to see it at her age...my next speech could be Freedom or How Kids Growing Up Becoming Zombie(sheeple).

one of saddest thing is so people on mainstream disagree with her and attack her on the subject of maths but not the point what she's trying to make...One guy keep argue with me about some field of work like science and engineering using maths and how important is maths not the point.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 23rd July 2015 at 04:03.

2. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

avid (19th September 2021), betoobig (23rd July 2015), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2015), Buzzie (23rd July 2015), ceetee9 (23rd July 2015), Cjay (24th July 2015), conk (23rd July 2015), DaRkViPeR (23rd July 2015), DNA (24th July 2015), Ernie Nemeth (23rd July 2015), Ewan (19th September 2021), ExomatrixTV (19th September 2021), Fellow Aspirant (23rd July 2015), genevieve (23rd July 2015), Jhonie (23rd July 2015), Johnny (23rd July 2015), Lifebringer (24th July 2015), lisalu (23rd July 2015), Matt P (23rd July 2015), Mercedes (23rd July 2015), Michelle Marie (23rd July 2015), NancyV (23rd July 2015), ponda (23rd July 2015), regnak (23rd July 2015), RunningDeer (23rd July 2015), Selkie (23rd July 2015), Sierra (24th July 2015), sijohn (23rd July 2015), Sith73 (24th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (23rd July 2015), Wind (24th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Student Attacked For Telling The Truth

Well great speech teachers are not at fault the education system was design to dumb down the population world wide so we are sheep who obey that is why they teach nonsense in school mostly because they have enough smart people

Ague with them is fruitless frustrating and will get you killed or in Looney bin or something much worse the system cannot be saved only you can save yourself how by education yourself .

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (19th September 2021), Johnny (23rd July 2015), Michelle Marie (23rd July 2015), Selkie (23rd July 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

They eliminate teachers who are too free with their speech also. I've witnessed this.

Conformity schools that are mandatory are committing crimes against humanity: pharma is in the schools; military harvesting of minds and pupils; limiting choices with programmed curriculum.

I was a high school teacher. My conscience made me quit.

Now I'm writing curriculum for "Inspiration Education" for the precious ones coming forward. I hope it is the solution /replacement for the outdated corrupted institution of some public Ed.

Free speech is a God-given right.

Thanks for exercising that right and speaking up.

Lots of Love to ALL.
    Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

ceetee9 (23rd July 2015), ExomatrixTV (19th September 2021), Johnny (23rd July 2015), Meggings (23rd July 2015), Selkie (23rd July 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 times in 625 posts

The student is right, the result of the school is, you can answer a bunch of questions, if somebody should ask you,

but you have no knowledge. And one thing you will not learn about is yourself.

Johnny
    There would be no life here on Earth without YOU, at least not as YOU know it. /Johnny

The fact that I pressed the thanks button is not necessarily because I agree with you, but more so that I can see the threads I follow, that I have read your post.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (19th September 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,206 times in 747 posts

A brainless rant by a 15-year old; a parent whom this makes proud; a reckless teacher; a paranoid school principal.

All four should go back to a good school; just learning from life may also do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Johnny (24th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,007 times in 2,189 posts

The academic world has become the center for free speech and fairness. As long as you believe in what they perceive to be free speech and what they perceive to be fair you will do just fine. Opposing views can get failing marks, suspensions and some children thrown out of school altogether. This is exactly what happens when too many like minded individuals end up in the same place. Diversity of opinion is not only necessary it is critical to the survival of these institutions. Opposing views and opinions (no matter how controversial) should be viewed as a learning opportunity or a chance to validate your own point of view.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (19th September 2021), Johnny (24th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,540 times in 20,792 posts

Lightbulb Re: Student Attacked For Telling The Truth

• John Taylor Gatto - State Controlled Consciousness:

• "Schools are Dangerous" - John Taylor Gatto Red Pills C-SPAN:

• much more videos here
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

avid (19th September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread