+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: John of God - Do you believe in miracles?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Default John of God - Do you believe in miracles?

Today's Oprah's show featured John of God from Brazil. Therefore I thought to share this with my friends here on Avalon.

"Millions are flocking to a tiny Brazilian village to visit a farmer with no medical training and little education. Is he performing miracles?"

I encourage our brazilian friends that know more, or had experiences with "John of God" to share with us all on this thread. Thank you!

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Do-You...ve-in-Miracles

The link below is pretty graphic, if you cannot watch blood (live surgeries), I advise you not to click on it... I got pretty dizzy myself.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H-rahi8qphQ

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o9If9vSHQVQ
    Last edited by truthseekerdan; 18th November 2010 at 01:22. Reason: added video
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

bashi (28th November 2010), damian (18th November 2010), fifi (18th November 2010), jeannacav (18th November 2010), shadowstalker (18th November 2010), Teakai (19th November 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

Default Re: John of God - Do you believe in miracles?

I liked it, awesome stuff
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

4. Link to Post #3
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

shadowstalker (18th November 2010)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 times in 446 posts

I was at a natural healing seminar about a month ago and ran into a man that went down to Brazil to study with John Of God. He had nothing but praise for this man.
    His website was http://johnofgodcrystalhealingbeds.com/ He was very informational and a pleasure to talk with. Maybe we can get him to join the community here to
    explain more... I will shoot him an email.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to daledo For This Post:

Ross (1st December 2010)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

There have been quite a few people doing things like that back in Brazil for many years now,i remember when i was still living there and also because my grandmother was a Kardecist so i seen some amazing things myself.I cant explain it tho,but its pretty real,there are also of course others who are fake i am sure.

9. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

knowing is in the experience

so I am beyond believes in miracles

I'm just not sure

if a miracle happens every minute or second

to someone some place

around the world

10. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I traveled Brazil for 3 months, and midway through the trip, the shellfish... booze... intense sunshine on a party boat...

as evening approached, I kept getting sicker and sicker... my temp well over 100...

The friends I was traveling with went to find a doctor in the small town we were visiting...

I opened my eyes and through my fog saw a man feeling my forehead and talking with my friends...

He mixed a small package in water and told them to make sure I drank all of it...

I slipped into intense dreams, and finally slipped into deep sleep...

I woke the following morning, my illness was gone, I got up, dressed and stepped outside finding my friends relaxing at the pool

they looked up surprised seeing me standing there and at the same time the "doctor" from the night before came walking up.

I thanked him for healing me and he laughed and said it wasn't him, my temp was close to 105, there was nothing he could do... He said he wasn't so sure I was going to make it...

I asked what he gave me and he said a medicine that reconnected me to the light so my body would heal itself...

There is so much the modern day man has forgotten, I have a feeling with everything going on right now we are going to start hearing more and more about miracle workers...

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Sure, I think miracles are perfectly possible.
    Miracles are simply the suspension of the rules as believe them to be.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

12. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    Sure, I think miracles are perfectly possible.
    Miracles are simply the suspension of the rules as believe them to be.
    We call them miracles because I believe we are not in a state of harmony (balance) with everything in the nature, including our soul, body and mind. Once that is achieved through the 'forbidden knowledge', that is still being suppressed from us, it has the potential to become common practice in the near future. Even Jesus said that we will do the same, and even greater things that he has done.
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

13. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

We do not believe miracles are possible as a regular occurence, so they are not.

The old, worn out adage, 'think you can, think you can't, and you're right either way' is so true.

As we recreate ourselves every moment anything is possibly if we fully believe it is. Our fears and doubts about ourselves, imposed by the separatist paradigm, restrict how we recreate ourselves each instant. As the Newtonian principles fall and we embrace the staggering new discoveries about our existence miracles will be common.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

truthseekerdan (1st December 2010)

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I visited John of God three times in 2001, 2002 and 2003. These were life changing experiences, and brought about the beginning of healing from several debilitating conditions. But the greatest benefit I got was not due to direct healing from John himself, but from actually living in Abadiania for an extended period. John's teacher instructed him to set up his healing center in that town because it lies on a crystal bed, and is therefore a power spot. Magical things can happen there. But once one learns how manifestation works under such favorable amplified conditions, one can apply the knowledge anywhere.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John_b For This Post:

bashi (28th November 2010), Bill Ryan (28th November 2010), Carmody (28th November 2010), truthseekerdan (28th November 2010)

17. Link to Post #12
    Deactivated
    Thanks

If a miracle is done without a cost then it is a true selfless act and can be seen as a true miracle. Many spiritual teachers and crusaders for good have received such gifts to help others, yet the true message is never given across, we can all receive a level of connection with God while still mortal if we free are minds from what we fear, what others think, anything that clouds’ your mind and live a truly good life in the service of others.

18. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

I don't know anyone who has received a healing from John of God, but there is certainly no lack of testimonials, documentaries and witnesses of the work that he has been doing for many years.

This is the most recent documentary about John of God that I could find, though there have been quite a few over the years.

Here's a link for the trailer for an award winning documentary
    http://www.healing-themovie.com/
    There's a trailer for the documentary at

and the bio from the documentary site:
    Quote John of God

João Teixeira de Faria – John of God – is acknowledged to be one of the most powerful trance-medium spiritual healers in the world. He serves as a channel for over 30 light-spirit entities who incorporate his physical body to heal people who come to the Casa de Dom Inácio de Loyola centre in Abadiânia, Brazil. Healing captures some of their remarkable stories on film and explores inexplicable but well-documented instances of miraculous intervention that have taken place here.

John of God

But what is the story behind the charismatic medium who works with spirit entities in miraculous healings, defying any conventional explanation? How did an obscure, virtually illiterate man living in the centre of Brazil become the hope and refuge of so many seeking health and guidance?

Born into a poor family, João’s very basic education was cut short due to his rebellious nature as a child. At 16 he left home to become an apprentice tailor, but soon found himself unemployed, penniless and starving. On the verge of despair, he was granted a vision of Saint Rita of Cassia, who directed him to a nearby Spiritist centre. Arriving there, he discovered that his coming was expected, but in his weakened state lost consciousness. Upon awakening several hours later, João was amazed to be told that he had been in a mediumistic trance, allowing the spirit of King Solomon to carry out healing through his physical body.

From that day his path was clear. Surrendering himself to God and opening his mind to the miraculous transformation that had taken place, João became a conduit for a host of benevolent ‘entities’ devoted to helping humanity.

Guided by the spirit of the great Spanish theologian St. Ignatius de Loyola, also known as Dom Inacio or St. Ignacio, João established his healing centre in the village of Abadiânia, chosen for its unique location above a powerful geological crystal formation. So remarkable has been the work carried out here that over the years the centre has attracted millions of people from all over the world. Although thousands might arrive in a single day, no-one, believer or sceptic, is ever turned away. João has dedicated his life to this service, and does not ask for payment for the healing.

João is now known throughout the world as John of God (João de Deus), a title given to him by those who recognize his status as a person touched by a higher power. He himself denies that he has any healing abilities, stating that God alone can heal and that the light entities work through him to cure the cause of people’s afflictions. When João’s body is incorporated he maintains that he has no knowledge or recollection of the work that is being performed through him during the sessions.

Essentially he remains an uncomplicated person, still defined by his humble origins but driven by a sense of mission. After more than five decades of unflinching service and countless successful outcomes, few would doubt that João Teixeira de Faria truly deserves to be called John of God.
    Each breath a gift...

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), christian (8th March 2012), Debra (7th March 2012), DeDukshyn (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), Lisab (7th March 2012), markpierre (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012), Mike (7th March 2012), Samsara (7th March 2012), Swanette (7th March 2012), WhiteFeather (7th March 2012), Zampano (7th March 2012)

20. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

This post is deleted, not relevant for the discussion.
    Last edited by ivaray; 8th March 2012 at 13:30. Reason: Deleted, not relevant

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ivaray For This Post:

frances (7th March 2012), markpierre (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012), MessiahMews (17th May 2012), Mike (7th March 2012), modwiz (7th March 2012)

22. Link to Post #15
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Thank you Onawah, I was hoping someone would post about this amazing man.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Thanks for that Onawah. It's a fascinating subject.

Years ago he was a bit of a rage around the people I knew, and I knew a few that had gone to see him. I can't share any anecdotes, but I didn't hear any bad stories. There's a centre near here that I keep meeting people from. I get an urge to go feel it once in a while.

Maybe 14 years ago, I had the chance to be an assistant to Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz. It was this big warehouse full of tables. He was traveling and it was a coordinated event.
    Rubens is a nice guy, Fritz is a trip. This gruff insistent German guy, who's really kind and funny at the same time. You never knew how to take him. He'd say things like "hey if you want to help you can pray" in a tone that made you feel like hiding somewhere. Then he'd give you a nod to let you know when you were back from hiding. It was cool.

If he didn't have a scalpel he'd grab anything and dig a cataract out of someones eye. No anesthetic, no pain, no infections. I watched him remove a tumor from under the armpit of a friend of mine. He's cutting and digging away, and she's laying there smiling at me.
    It's really fun stuff.
    He fixed a chronic back problem for me that was acting up by driving a paint can opener into my spine with a adjustable wrench. Right through the skin into the spine. What a weird feeling. He said he was sending energy into the spine. That's all he said.

Beats me. It was gone and never came back.

John works with a whole bunch of different healers doesn't he? The ones I met were almost like a healers guild. They were continually working on more direct ways to get into our circuitry.
    It's like the only thing they can't bridge is our belief in death. It really controls more than we know.

Only guys who really want to be healed go to guys like John Of God or Rubens. Kind of not surprising how many of them get their healing.

We worked on a new modality project a few years ago, devised by Spirit healers. One of them was Harry Edwards, who I didn't know much about until long after. He was another strange one.

Cheers
    Last edited by markpierre; 7th March 2012 at 08:59.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), Debra (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012), onawah (7th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Most healers if they manage to stay out of the bull**** and chakra flogging (which is few) begin to intiate usually inadvertently , the act of of transcending the limitiations of flesh. Accidentally sinking ones own physicality into flesh. Which is freaky when it happens, startling to say the least and may prevent them from going there again. It is a place where if you manage to stay out of the constructs concerning healing, many people arrive. Not impossible just rare because most healing is formed around modalities with conditions and limitations. When you get out of that limited place, things like this occur.

There's a word for it ..going to have to look it up its been ten years since I last had cause to reference. Transsubsubation? Something like that ....where the healers hand pass right through the body or whatever the healer is holding. People who can put their hands through stone is another example of this. Long time ago this ability to pass one's hands into stone was used to mine with. How crystals were orginally mined, without ripping and tearing from the earth. More mundane function. It's not a impossible manifestation its so many get tied up in limiting themselves that its not expressed very often.

I do know a field is created and its intially not created with conscious (limiting) intention and when that field is created physical matter is transcended. After that I suppose its a matter of just getting back into that place however one does it.

Neat stuff.

27. Link to Post #18
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Well,

I havenīt made any treatment with him, but I know people who did with relative successful results.

A nice thing about him is that he doesnīt claim to cure all diseases alone. He advises that his treatment is much more effective if done coupled with conventional medicine.

He has indeed helped curing severe cancer cases and impressed several doctors.

By the way, Iīm not sure if itīs ok to translate a name to another language. His name is João de Deus, not John of God.

Cheers,

Raf.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), DeDukshyn (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Yer right , we shouldn't, thanks for the update.

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Well,

I havenīt made any treatment with him, but I know people who did with relative successful results.

A nice thing about him is that he doesnīt claim to cure all diseases alone. He advises that his treatment is much more effective if done coupled with conventional medicine.

He has indeed helped curing severe cancer cases and impressed several doctors.

By the way, Iīm not sure if itīs ok to translate a name to another language. His name is João de Deus, not John of God.

Cheers,

Raf.

30. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Wow, that is an amazing post, Markpierre!
    A good example of why I continue coming back to Avalon--to hear about unique experiences from off the beaten trail individuals like yourself.
    I would think it would courage to go to a healer of this sort, especially if you are at all squeamish, but some of the John of God patients say that once you are there, all fear evaporates...
    So there must be a very powerful feeling of Spirit presence as well.
    Thanks so much for sharing your story.
    Is there a link for Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz, and do you know if they are still practicing?
    Quote Posted by markpierre (here)
    Thanks for that Onawah. It's a fascinating subject.

Years ago he was a bit of a rage around the people I knew, and I knew a few that had gone to see him. I can't share any anecdotes, but I didn't hear any bad stories. There's a centre near here that I keep meeting people from. I get an urge to go feel it once in a while.

Maybe 14 years ago, I had the chance to be an assistant to Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz. It was this big warehouse full of tables. He was traveling and it was a coordinated event.
    Rubens is a nice guy, Fritz is a trip. This gruff insistent German guy, who's really kind and funny at the same time. You never knew how to take him. He'd say things like "hey if you want to help you can pray" in a tone that made you feel like hiding somewhere. Then he'd give you a nod to let you know when you were back from hiding. It was cool.

If he didn't have a scalpel he'd grab anything and dig a cataract out of someones eye. No anesthetic, no pain, no infections. I watched him remove a tumor from under the armpit of a friend of mine. He's cutting and digging away, and she's laying there smiling at me.
    It's really fun stuff.
    He fixed a chronic back problem for me that was acting up by driving a paint can opener into my spine with a adjustable wrench. Right through the skin into the spine. What a weird feeling. He said he was sending energy into the spine. That's all he said.

Beats me. It was gone and never came back.

John works with a whole bunch of different healers doesn't he? The ones I met were almost like a healers guild. They were continually working on more direct ways to get into our circuitry.
    It's like the only thing they can't bridge is our belief in death. It really controls more than we know.

Only guys who really want to be healed go to guys like John Of God or Rubens. Kind of not surprising how many of them get their healing.

We worked on a new modality project a few years ago, devised by Spirit healers. One of them was Harry Edwards, who I didn't know much about until long after. He was another strange one.

Cheers
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast