+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 6 10 LastLast

Thread: Good News!

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

Default Re: Good News!

Scientists develop ‘nanopores’ that inexpensively filter the salt out of seawater
    from www.sciencealert.com
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Constance (14th November 2015), Fanna (13th November 2015), fourty-two (21st November 2015), justntime2learn (12th December 2015), Matthew (5th December 2015), Meggings (12th November 2015), Omni (12th November 2015), Reinhard (14th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), WildOrchid (12th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #102
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/11/...-in-china.html

Armless Man and His Blind Best Friend Have Planted More Than 10,000 Trees in China

It doesn’t happen often, but every now and then you hear a story about people overcoming all odds to help others and it completely changes your perspective of the world.

Two Chinese men, 53-year-old Jia Wenqi and 54-year-old Jia Haixia, have been doing something amazing for the last 13 years. They have planted more than 10,000 trees around Yeli Village in northeastern China, a region which once was covered in nothing but rocks and weeds. But what is really stunning about this story is that both friends have severe physical disabilities – Haixa is completely blind and Wenqi is a double amputee with no arms. Yet, it did not prevent them from accomplishing their mission.

Haixia was born with congenital cataracts which left his left eye blind. In 2000, he lost sight in his other eye after a work accident. Wenqi had a tragic accident at the age of three years old, as a result of which he lost both of his arms.

But even despite these challenges, the pair of friends did not lose faith in the good and did not give up on their life. In 2002, when Haixia and Wenqi were struggling to secure jobs, they came up with a plan to make money on planting trees.

However, it was not only about money. The two friends wanted to revive the area around their village to create a better future for the next generations. Thus, they leased 8 acres of land near the Ye river from the local government and set to make their plan a reality.

“Our tree planting may not have much substantial benefit for the present generation, but it leaves a green environment to the next one,” Haixia told The Globe and Mail. “We are physically disabled but mentally healthy. We have this big dream in our heart to leave a stretch of green to our children.”

Since then, Haixia and Wenqi have planted over 10,000 trees in the area and it all became possible thanks to their dedication and, most important, teamwork. The friends have learned to overcome their disabilities by constantly helping each other.

“I am his hands,” said Haixia. “He is my eyes. We are good partners.”

Haixia and Wenqi wake up every morning at 7 a.m. and get to the site to plant more trees.

When they reach the river, Wenqi carries Haixia on his back to get to the other side.

Because of the lack of money, the friends cannot afford to buy new saplings, so they use cuttings from grown trees instead. When it comes to collecting some cuttings, Haixia climbs the tree and Wenqi directs him.

These efforts require extraordinary dedication and patience. The work is hard and doesn’t always bring the desired results, but the friends never give up.

“Just ask a normal person to work with his arms in his pockets, like Wenqi!” Haixia said. “We handicapped people have an endurance that normal people don’t possess.”

After the touching story of two friends became known in China and worldwide, many people have volunteered to help Haixia and Wenqi continue their mission, as well as improve their living conditions. Thus, a team of health care professionals have offered to perform an eye surgery for Haixia for free, as a result of which the man could actually regain his sight. Some people have also donated money to ensure the pair will have a decent place to live and enough food to eat.

Stories like this one remind us that everything is possible if there are a positive spirit and determination. Let’s hope that the efforts of Haixia and Wenqi will inspire many people to help make this world a better place to live.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

betoobig (15th November 2015), Cara (25th November 2015), Fanna (14th November 2015), fourty-two (15th November 2015), justntime2learn (14th November 2015), kanishk (25th November 2015), Loveisall21 (25th November 2015), Matthew (5th December 2015), Meggings (14th November 2015), moekatz (25th November 2015), Pam (29th November 2015), Reinhard (14th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), transiten (15th November 2015), Violet (14th November 2015), Zampano (25th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

Agrochemical giant Monsanto is being sued by Oakland, California for decades of contaminating storm water and the San Francisco Bay. RT’s Brigida Santos has the latest.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

betoobig (15th November 2015), fourty-two (21st November 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), kanishk (25th November 2015), Meggings (16th November 2015), Pam (29th November 2015), PathWalker (7th December 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), transiten (15th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #104
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

This video is of a large-scale horse rescue. It moved me deeply. A storm occurred off the North Friesland coast of The Netherlands at the end of October, and hundreds of horses were stranded in the water.

I have been on an Friesland island in the north of Holland in MAY one year and absolutely froze. Imagine how cold these horses were in November up there.

Here is the last horse being led to land.

And here is my mare, Molly, whose stout heart helped her and me lead some frightened horses to safety some years back. I turned my horse around on a narrow boardwalk over muck and mud that a horse would sink deep into, and we went back and fetched the other horses, who followed my mare out.

Attachment 31840
    Last edited by Meggings; 16th November 2015 at 05:10.

8. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

The US National Institutes of Health says it will no longer test on chimpanzees
    “Invasive research on chimpanzees is no longer something that makes sense.”
    PETER DOCKRILL 20 NOV 2015

love

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Cara (25th November 2015), Constance (20th November 2015), fourty-two (21st November 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), moekatz (25th November 2015), PathWalker (23rd November 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), Violet (21st November 2015)

10. Link to Post #106
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

This Amazing Village in India Plants 111 Trees Every Time a Little Girl is Born
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/enviro...-girl-is-born/

Quote Every culture has its own traditions surrounding the birth of a child. While we celebrate newborn girls by sending pink dresses and dolls, in the village of Piplantri in Rajasthan, India, they celebrate by planting 111 trees.

That’s right, every time a little girl is born in Piplantri, 111 trees are planted in her honor!

In most Indian villages, the birth of a daughter was historically considered a burden for a family. Rural villages operate on the dowry system which contributes to the high cost of marriage for households with daughters. As a result, daughters were often regarded as lesser than their male counterparts and many were married before they reached the age of 18; few received a proper education.

Violence against women derived from these attitudes is still a heated topic in India. The documentary “India’s Daughters,” was recently banned due to its upfront portrayal of rape and abuse in the country.

In juxtaposition, the tradition of planting trees to welcome the birth of female children in Piplantri seems to completely reject these historical constraints, fostering hope that attitudes towards women can change.

This amazing custom was started by former village leader Shyam Sundar Paliwal to honor his daughter who passed away when she was young. Although Paliwal no longer serves as the village’s leader, the tradition has continued nonetheless.

When a girl is born, village members band together to raise a sort of “trust” for the girl. The parents contribute one-third of the sum of 31,000 Rupees, equivalent to $500, and the money is set aside as a 20-year fund for the girl. This ensures that she will never be considered a financial burden for her parents.In return for this trust, the parents sign a legal affidavit that states that the daughter will only be married after she reaches the age of 18 and has received a proper education. The affidavit states that the 111 trees must be taken care of as well.It’s a clever little catch, but the practice of planting trees in conjunction with the birth of a child actually works to ensure that the local environment will be able to support the ever growing population. Not only does this beautiful tradition foster a deep appreciation for females in the village, but it also instills a remarkable sense of environmental stewardship.
    Gehrilal Balai, a father who planted 111 saplings last year, told Hindustan Times that he felt the same happiness in looking after the saplings as lulling his daughter to sleep.The trees become a symbol for the baby girl and the villagers work just as hard to protect the trees from termites, by planting aloe vera, as they do the girls from all the hardships of life.Seeing the intimate connection between the social health and environmental health of the village, Paliwal’s tradition has created a truly sustainable future for community members. Over the course of the past six years, a quarter of a million trees have been planted in Piplantri. Villagers credit the harmony that this tradition has brought to their community with the dramatic drop in crime. Not to mention their renewed adoration of little girls.When we see the connection between social issues and look to their environmental roots, we can find unique and incredible solutions to the world’s modern problems. You might not think that something as insignificant as a sapling could change the world, but remember, that sapling will one day grow into an enormous tree.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Atlas (25th November 2015), betoobig (24th November 2015), justntime2learn (25th November 2015), kanishk (25th November 2015), Pam (29th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), Violet (23rd November 2015)

12. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

A man gives his shoes off his feet to a homeless girl...

13. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Atlas (25th November 2015), Benimal (25th November 2015), betoobig (25th November 2015), Cara (25th November 2015), Clear Light (25th November 2015), hohoemi (25th November 2015), justntime2learn (25th November 2015), kanishk (25th November 2015), Loveisall21 (25th November 2015), MalteseKnight (25th November 2015), mgray (25th November 2015), moekatz (25th November 2015), Pam (29th November 2015), PathWalker (25th November 2015), Philaletheian (30th November 2015), Reinhard (29th November 2015), Rex (25th November 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), ThePythonicCow (25th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), Violet (26th November 2015), WildOrchid (30th November 2015), Zampano (25th November 2015)

14. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Just wanted to say thank you. I needed this today. Things can become a little out of balance.

Much Love,

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

betoobig (25th November 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), moekatz (25th November 2015), Pam (29th November 2015), PathWalker (25th November 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Violet (26th November 2015)

16. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

1inmany love energy coming your way, now.
    much love

thanks to every contribution, much needed, much appreciated

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), Pam (29th November 2015), Reinhard (29th November 2015)

18. Link to Post #110
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Meggings (here)
    This video is of a large-scale horse rescue. It moved me deeply. A storm occurred off the North Friesland coast of The Netherlands at the end of October, and hundreds of horses were stranded in the water.

I have been on an Friesland island in the north of Holland in MAY one year and absolutely froze. Imagine how cold these horses were in November up there.

Here is the last horse being led to land.

And here is my mare, Molly, whose stout heart helped her and me lead some frightened horses to safety some years back. I turned my horse around on a narrow boardwalk over muck and mud that a horse would sink deep into, and we went back and fetched the other horses, who followed my mare out.

Attachment 31840
    Wow. Thank you for posting that. It was incredibly moving. Horses are such beautiful majestic creatures, as are we when in service through love.

Speaking of horses, the documentary The Horse Boy is so worth watching. I believe it still streams on Netflix.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loveisall21 For This Post:

betoobig (25th November 2015), Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (25th November 2015), MaidenMoonshineGrace (30th November 2015), Reinhard (29th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

20. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci..._chaman_32.htm
    we are not alone schaman says.
    much love

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), PathWalker (29th November 2015), Reinhard (29th November 2015)

22. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

Mexico Rules Consumption and Cultivation of Cannabis is a Fundamental Human Right
    http://wakeup-world.com/2015/11/30/m...ce=getresponse
    Much love

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), PathWalker (2nd December 2015)

24. Link to Post #113
    Avalon Member MaidenMoonshineGrace's Avatar
    Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjdXSrtUxA

Absolutely!!! Thankyou for your beautiful post x

Unconditional love to all so that peace may be with you as we discover how much of a paradise we all are and how ultimately we all 'rely' on each other in some form, in the end there is only positive and negative then we must surely wish to strive for joy over sadness, laughter over a frown, freedom over conditions, oneness with all in a perfect harmony x

Life is not about working out what to do while its raining and questioning how it rains it's living your life so that the rain isn't going to stop you anyway and it even gives you reason to dance!

It is the life of conditioning we have all come from that makes us need to speculate and organise and stake our claims as though our needs are not already heard, because they are. It is because you are awake and you are asking your questions that the energy of truth rises up from you, it is a special fragrance that few places seem to possess.

As a star child it has been an absolutely baffling, life altering, fast paced, brutal, lonely, heart-torn-out-of-chest-experience so far, and each moment of awakening and happiness seemed to accompany a gigantic kick in the stomach and I would find myself back in some kind of gutter believing I had already been to rock bottom and got the trophy atleast once before!
    It has been ever more challenging due to age of technology and being completely overwhelmed by cars, the speed of them, the danger of them and then not understanding why people weren't doing anything about them being on the roads!
    That one has stayed with me all my life and is why I knew learning to drive was not a good idea so how I let myself get persuaded into it because I have no trust in a machine whose heart does not beat unless I switch 'it' on.
    I'd chose my own legs any day, which hints at the scale at which this madness has gone on for and then I got little bits of a picture as to why, because its too far for people to walk or its not safe and that would set off a load more things to explore.
    I absorbed all the energy around me in any environment and as an only child raised by the most caring and loving parents that themselves have been so conditioned by society, their upbringing etc that all my life they have found the wild filly within me a little to lively to keep calm as I easily found myself completely at disposal to the change of air in my environment, blessed with fire as my element!

It's taken 25 years to reach a point where I am finally feeling confident on these legs of mine and bold enough to spread the truth I know to be true through my own experience of unconditionally loving the darkness within all life including my own because the more I do the more beautiful the world around me gets as I now see all the blessings in all the places that used to bring a flood of tears to my eye.

It can take a very long time to figure of the bottom of all the lies but if we always shine the light into the darkness to see what truth we may find and be willing to explore until the truth can be seen from all angles like a jigsaw piece can be seen differently if only seen from one side.
    And it is only with unconditional love is present in all of us that we shall be able to see the jigsaw piece from all sides x
    Last edited by MaidenMoonshineGrace; 30th November 2015 at 10:37.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaidenMoonshineGrace For This Post:

betoobig (30th November 2015), Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015)

26. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

MaidenMoonshineGrace , first of all wellcome to Avalon dear friend. Here is the video. You just have to click in the youtube icon and paste the link inbetween.
    .. like this...

Much love
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 30th November 2015 at 12:06. Reason: remove broken [youtube] example, leaving just the good one

27. Link to Post #115
    Avalon Member MaidenMoonshineGrace's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah thankyou!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MaidenMoonshineGrace For This Post:

betoobig (30th November 2015)

29. Link to Post #116
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

News from 1988 and still good news today.

He Saved 669 Children During The Holocaust… And He Doesn’t Know They’re Sitting Next To Him.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

betoobig (1st December 2015), Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), Meggings (1st December 2015), PathWalker (2nd December 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), WildOrchid (1st December 2015)

31. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member WildOrchid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 218 posts

There's some really good cops out there...
    Full article here...
    Artist - Lover of Life - Seeker of Truth

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WildOrchid For This Post:

betoobig (1st December 2015), Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (5th December 2015), Meggings (1st December 2015), PathWalker (2nd December 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

33. Link to Post #118
    United States Avalon Member WildOrchid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 218 posts

What Awakening Looks Like Around The World

100000-monks-meditate-for-a-better-world

A million children meditate for peace at a temple in Thailand…

Read full article here...
    Artist - Lover of Life - Seeker of Truth

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WildOrchid For This Post:

betoobig (1st December 2015), Hym (1st December 2015), justntime2learn (1st December 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

35. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

CHange is here to stay, and this thread is going to clim up high. Our imagination can´t grasp where we are. All this meditations around the globe, as well as all the meds than through the net are speeding up the proccess. As NAsimm Haramein says "the concept of "you create your own reality" is only half the ecuation, we must come toghether in order to really affect reality" so this is the way, allways in a humble way. We all know source, unify field, conciousness or god (called as you whish) is changing everything helping us to get real freedome.
    Thanks to every contribution through meditation.
    Much Love and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Juan

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

justntime2learn (1st December 2015), Meggings (2nd December 2015), PathWalker (2nd December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), WildOrchid (1st December 2015), ZooLife (3rd December 2015)

37. Link to Post #120
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

This made my mouth drop open with happy surprise. Dr. Burzynski has been in court this month. He uses a natural and non-toxic substance called Antineoplastons. It is still a doctor-mediated technique, but he has a high profile, having been on Oprah et cetera.

His website banner is "First, Do No Harm": http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

The above came to me this morning, immediately after I'd mentioned the Canadian nurse RENE CAISSE. I recall that she had 100% cure of the most advanced cancer cases, through use of a native indian blend of herbs and bark. I'd mentioned her to a 23-yr-old (who is interested in health) but she'd never heard of ESSIAC TEA. (How effectively information is either erased or promoted, depending upon who is in control. How easy to rewrite history.)

This is from the Rene Caisse website:

"A few days after the hearing before the Department of National Health and Welfare, Dr. Albert Bastedo, of Bracebridge, called me. He had sent a patient to me with cancer of the bowel, and was greatly impressed with the results of my treatment with ESSIAC. He told me he had gone before the Bracebridge Town Council and had asked that they offer me the old British Lion Hotel building to be used as Rene Caisse's clinic, if I would return to my home town to practice. He persuaded me to accept this offer.

The Mayor and the Council of Bracebridge were very enthusiastic about getting the clinic started. With the help of friends, relatives and patients, I furnished an office, dispensary, reception room and five treatment rooms.

From 1934 to 1942 I paid the Council the sum of $1.00 per month for the building and there was a large "CANCER CLINIC" sign on the door. I treated thousands of patients who came from far and near, most of them given up as hopeless after everything in medical science had failed. Some arrived in ambulances, receiving their first treatments lying down in an ambulance; after a few treatments they walked into the clinic without help.

I had absolute faith that I could accumulate enough proof of results obtained with different types of cancer, as demanded by the Cancer Society, the medical profession would eventually be glad to accept Essiac as an approved treatment.

I did not know then of an organized effort to keep a cancer cure from being discovered, especially by an independent researcher not affiliated with any organization supported by private or public funds. Tremendous sums have been raised and appropriated for official cancer research during the past 50 years, with almost nothing new or productive discovered. It would make these foundations look pretty silly, if an obscure Canadian nurse discovered an effective treatment for cancer!
    Last edited by Meggings; 2nd December 2015 at 18:12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 6 10 LastLast