+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 65 LastLast

Thread: Put Another Log On The Fire

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,392 times in 246 posts

Default Re: Put Another Log On The Fire

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I had the pleasure of spending time with Beren, Lionhawk, when he visited me in Inverness.
    He is "My brother from another Mother"
    Yes he is a spiritual poet, story teller,--he creates a mood in his composing.
    A visit to his web site is well worth the trip.

http://www.fromforgottenworld.com/

Chris
    Thanks Chris! Good to see you are still breathing.
    I have a past life flag you might want to see. Give me some time to find it and I'll post it up.
    Last edited by Lionhawk; 26th August 2015 at 11:21.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Beren (26th August 2015), Bill Ryan (26th August 2015), Calz (22nd February 2016), Constance (13th December 2015), giovonni (26th August 2015), greybeard (26th August 2015), kanishk (14th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

So two nights ago I had very vivid dream, there were probably 10 or people that came to sleep over at my house, no one I knew in waking life, but I interpreted it as many facets of my self because some of the people I really like and others I wanted to kick out but they wouldn't leave. Early on in the dream I looked at the clock and it was 8:38, then everyone was settling into sleep and I fell asleep in the dream, but awoke while everyone was sleeping with insomina(something I never have) and while still in the dream I layed there for what seems like forever. Eventually I looked at the clock and it still read 8:38, so I went out onto the poorch and there was my brother and a friend I knew in real life and it was early morning now. I looked to the horizon and there were all these light UFOs clustered in the spot between the trees. I pointed them out and said wait until you see what hapens next. Then there was some sort of explosion from a helicopter that was flying by, almost like the cabal type people were trying to prevent the benevolent lights from reaching humanity.
    I then woke up with this feeling that its all happening, I looked at the clock and it was about 8:20 AM I just felt I had to check the news and there was all the headlines of worry on wall st...that made me excited tehehe.

So then monday night I goto sleep, and awake in the middle of the night to what feels like an immense force of loving guidance rearranging my brain and thoughtforms. I could litterally feel it cleaning out my cobwebs, and I just layed there and couldn't sleep for a couple hours(and I never have insomnia). As I layed there I could look at any part of my daily life and actions and could truly see what was helping me, what was a crutch, what was holding me back, how I could be more joyful etc etc.. I eventually fell back to sleep and woke up and did my oil pulling and stretching. Then my tea was ready and my ciggarette was rolled, I opened up my iPad and it was 8:38 still.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Beren (26th August 2015), Bill Ryan (26th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Gardener (30th August 2015), giovonni (26th August 2015), Jhonie (10th September 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015), Rollo (26th August 2015), Selkie (26th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Thank you Lionhawk for your words.
    My soul soars when I see old pals coming at it again. Dense was the compressed time when many a call were issued.
    To harmonize...to give color where there was none.
    To give a tune and thus create the world.

Shine on and be joyful for remembrance, it is a healing thing.
    To re-member. To come back to Source`s perspective - Love.
    Love, love - and see what happens

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), greybeard (26th August 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs up Re: Put Another Log On The Fire

Welcome back Lionhawk,

Its good to have you back, i am looking forward to the sharing of your always enthralling tales ... As well as being delightfully surprised to see the return and active participation of so many originals back on the forum ...

Noting of having the first time pleasure of conversing with our mutual friend Beren tonight ...

Blessings Always Giovonni

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I had the pleasure of spending time with Beren, Lionhawk, when he visited me in Inverness.
    He is "My brother from another Mother"
    Yes he is a spiritual poet, story teller,--he creates a mood in his composing.
    A visit to his web site is well worth the trip.

http://www.fromforgottenworld.com/

Chris
    Truly my brother from another mother.
    The spirit connect us all.
    Had the privilege to personally meet and to talk with some others- Chris, Rocky Shorz, mudra, Linda Baker, Bill Ryan, Giovonni, Lionhawk, Brook, Burgundia...

All good soul with various talents, tasks and powers.
    All needed sorely now.

Love, love - and see what happens

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Gardener (30th August 2015), giovonni (26th August 2015), greybeard (26th August 2015), Jake (27th August 2015), Limor Wolf (28th August 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015), Selkie (26th August 2015), thunder24 (26th August 2015)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Is this ok to share here, my log on the fire, so to speak?

I was living near Wheatland, California, out near Beale Air Force Base. I don't remember the year, but the Mothman Prophesies movie had just come out on video, and I had watched it a couple of times. And I got intrigued by the idea of "noticing them", as its put in the movie.

Now, I had a dog back then, and she used to have to go out in the middle of the night, and I used to go out with her because we had rattlesnakes in the yard, and one night, I decided to try "noticing them" while my dog was going about her business, as a way to kill the time. So I started looking up at the sky.

And in a couple of nights, I started to see something. At first, I thought it was bats flitting around up there because they were black, but they were much too big to be bats, plus they were translucent, and bats are not translucent. Then I thought it was birds, but birds are not translucent, either.

Then it dawned on me that "noticing them" had worked.

So I used to sort of watch them while my dog did her business, just for something to do.

Then, I started reading Castaneda. I can't remember what book its in, but when I got to the part where he talks about the flyers, I just about fell out of my chair, because the description of the flyers is just about dead-on for what I had been seeing for a long time.

So I don't know if what I saw flitting around in the sky was the flyers or not, but they were translucent black, and about the size of a crow or a small hawk.

I should add that they never bothered or threatened me, but I did feel like they would not have liked it if I paid too much attention to them. The feeling I got from them was that they did not want to be stared at too intently.

addition I hope I have not misunderstood the intent of the OP. I thought it was a kind of thread for telling about various experiences we have had. If I misunderstood, I really apologize, and I will delete my post if the Lionhawk would like me to.
    Last edited by Selkie; 26th August 2015 at 21:14.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Gardener (30th August 2015), giovonni (28th August 2015), Jake (27th August 2015), Jhonie (10th September 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Zionbrion,

That was an awesome telling!!!!! Ir wasn't just a dream. It was a preparation! And the time stamp was the validation. Another thing that caught my eye was your description of going to sleep in your dream. This is the separation point of having a dream to having a real experience in the levels of your consciousness. In your dream state you are at a certain level operating at a certain wave length and then you surpass those wave lengths, alpha, beta, delta, theta, to a wave length that I don't know what it is called. But it is like a total access place where your consciousness is in a state of total clarity and is not tied down to any limitations. Sorry, I just woke up over here and the coffee is brewing and this is the best I can describe it at the moment. May I suggest that you write this down in your personal log, {there's that word again, ie log} , and write down all the details so you have a future reference. I say this because what I have discovered is that other things will come out of this type of dream down the road. Dream not being the right word here. You actually had a first hand experience on a level of super consciousness. Great post!!! Also note that your eyes might see a lot better.

I assure you this experience will reveal more to you down the road. Cool beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Lionhawk; 27th August 2015 at 21:23.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Jake (27th August 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Zionbrion (27th August 2015)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Welcome back Lionhawk,

Its good to have you back, i am looking forward to the sharing of your always enthralling tales ... As well as being delightfully surprised to see the return and active participation of so many originals back on the forum ...

Noting of having the first time pleasure of conversing with our mutual friend Beren tonight ...

Blessings Always Giovonni
    Sorry for my delay as the grass needs to get mowed and the other things that need to get done. So glad to see you and you have never been forgotten either. You have one awesome long ass thread Brother! Whooops! I have so much to read up on that in my present reality I will never be able to catch up. Beren threatened me with a book as well. Then my Twin Flame threw Wes's papers at me, I start this thread, and so on, A few months ago the Doc says to me, "LH. because of your type 2 diabetes you are in the process of going blind." So here we are just the same and it just takes me longer to read and write. A lot longer but I'm still breathing and will do the best I can in honor of all of you. You know I have a lot of respect for many of you that I have known simply because we have done some really cooool and I mean really coool things together. Things that went on under many a blind nose to defend Bill and Kerry's house, without hesitation. I am just so proud to be part of such dynamic spiritual gifted folks. I don't need to go anywhere but right here. I also applaud the efforts of Bill Ryan and all those who put the spotlight on the real truth. I can't say enough about that but I will try to in my little tellings and along with the tellings of all of you. I feel as though I am in some real great company. So please have some patience with me as this getting old stuff has turned me into, what my Twin Flame calls me and she says, " My turtling man."

Am I being a little gabby this morning? Good morning everybody!!!!!!!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), giovonni (27th August 2015), Jake (27th August 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Limor Wolf (28th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Dear Selkie,

I spent an hour in a reply to your post but forgot to copy it before I posted it and I was timed out and lost it. Does this happen when you are in "post quick reply?" Or does this also happen in advanced mode?

Anyways, here I go again.......lesson learned.

Sometimes a story can be a doorway to one's soul. A first hand story always is and a second hand story never is. These first hand stories are the true real gems in the treasure chest called Earth. These gems tell a tale of experiences of soul growth and are recorded for all of time and space.

I relived your story and through your eyes. Call it a gift. A gift that you shared with everyone here. What is so wrong with that? Not a damn thing! Thank-you!
    I hereby stamp your story with the "Cooool Beans," stamp of approval.

Normally when I read a posting, I also pick up the energy within the post. Especially when I am being addressed because I know there is a real soul behind the post. I seem to have a way to connect with that soul in a matter of speaking. On most occasions anyway.

That all being said, I will not give you permission to do what you asked of me but instead I would like for you to give permission to yourself! Get off the train called, FOLLOWER," and lead. You are most worthy of such. If you are coming from a place of integrity and from the first hand, there will be no problems here. When you put another log on the fire, you are taking the incentive to lead by example. There is no need whatsoever for you to be on your knees. Walking on glass and so on. Let yourself shine as you truly are, without the distorted lens that you have placed over your true eyes. There was a time when you didn't do that. And you know exactly what I am saying here. And I say this from my heart to yours.

I would love to hear more from you, because I think once you take those glasses off and come from that place of integrity, you will get everything you deserve instead of what you don't deserve. It would serve you in the highest. You took the first step by coming here and putting a log on the fire, which tells me that you are ready to lead as the true Gem that you are.

Enough said and you are most welcomed to put another log on the fire!

Last edited by Lionhawk; 27th August 2015 at 16:13.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), giovonni (28th August 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Stephanie (10th September 2015), Ted (17th September 2015)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,309 times in 5,717 posts

Quote If you are coming from a place of integrity and from the first hand, there will be no problems here. When you put another log on the fire, you are taking the incentive to lead by example. There is no need whatsoever for you to be on your knees. Walking on glass and so on. Let yourself shine as you truly are, without the distorted lens that you have placed over your true eyes.
    What you said to Selkie is so important.

By the way about flyers and what we actually perceive, I have seen some oddities. However, most were assisted by stimulation of entheogens. Yet, one afternoon with no added ingredients to stimulate my vision, around this time of year in 2011, I was outside lying in the grass. I looked up and saw smokey particles about 30 feet up. They congealed into a shape that was not exactly square but with the character of a slice of bread shape. THEN the shape started moving away AND a shape that was exactly like the cutout cardboard silhouette of a hawk appeared (like the ones in a dictionary showing the various kinds flying) and followed it.

This vision was so odd and so inexplicable but really there. What it meant I have no idea. A friend suggested the idea of the particles being accumulated thoughts and an association to emotion.

I appreciate the energy of this thread. There is nothing better than sitting by a warm fire with a light on your face that flickers and moves. When friends are around us and sharing, with maybe a cup of something delicious passed or a smoke. The conversation may meander but it's what is really there for us.

When I was in my twenties I had the best community experience where we shared what we each had of tea, food, tobacco, time. There was always someone ready to chat. I really wonder how I became so isolated from this kind of welcoming social exchange/environment. It started with getting married but it must have been something about me too because of choices in how we lived. This is very confusing at times...sorting out the past choices as to how one lead one's life to the now.

The feeling of this experience of trust and comfort is heaven to me. Thanks< Maggie

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Stephanie (10th September 2015)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Thinking about the meaning of a trusting comforting community makes me think about my idea of Homings that I wrote about here

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...munity-housing

I have a small property that has outbuildings and access to a beautiful park around the reservoir in Blue Ridge Georgia. My home is in much need of repair that I just do not enjoy doing myself. I love to cook, to wash laundry and to take care of animals. My isolation here is real. The ideal would be that I am living with home-mates who share to get life in motion. Ideally, we'd be freed up to each have more time and to experience more.

As to WHY I have not manifested the homing idea? I am still just struggling to get life chores done. I wonder about why I set up such a struggle. I would not mind at all if others joined me.

Maybe it has to do with my aversion to drama. I don't like drama of a tragic sort. Dramedy where we have issues but always know we have the power of health, power of power itself to change our reality can be made true as seen in the world is my value. I say I want this evidence. On the other hand, I have tried a couple of relationships in the last 10 years where the individuals seemed to be a drain on my psyche, not a boost to my experience. I chose then to just be alone. This is not working well.

The log I place on the fire here is that whatever blocks me from being intimate with compatriots and releases me to enjoy a community of gypsy souls all thriving be made manifest in the real! Thanks again for the place to share my heart dream. Maggie

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Jhonie (10th September 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Stephanie (10th September 2015)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lionhawk (here)
    Dear Selkie,

I spent an hour in a reply to your post but forgot to copy it before I posted it and I was timed out and lost it. Does this happen when you are in "post quick reply?" Or does this also happen in advanced mode?

Anyways, here I go again.......lesson learned.

Sometimes a story can be a doorway to one's soul. A first hand story always is and a second hand story never is. These first hand stories are the true real gems in the treasure chest called Earth. These gems tell a tale of experiences of soul growth and are recorded for all of time and space.

I relived your story and through your eyes. Call it a gift. A gift that you shared with everyone here. What is so wrong with that? Not a damn thing! Thank-you!
    I hereby stamp your story with the "Cooool Beans," stamp of approval.

Normally when I read a posting, I also pick up the energy within the post. Especially when I am being addressed because I know there is a real soul behind the post. I seem to have a way to connect with that soul in a matter of speaking. On most occasions anyway.

That all being said, I will not give you permission to do what you asked of me but instead I would like for you to give permission to yourself! Get off the train called, FOLLOWER," and lead. You are most worthy of such. If you are coming from a place of integrity and from the first hand, there will be no problems here. When you put another log on the fire, you are taking the incentive to lead by example. There is no need whatsoever for you to be on your knees. Walking on glass and so on. Let yourself shine as you truly are, without the distorted lens that you have placed over your true eyes. There was a time when you didn't do that. And you know exactly what I am saying here. And I say this from my heart to yours.

I would love to hear more from you, because I think once you take those glasses off and come from that place of integrity, you will get everything you deserve instead of what you don't deserve. It would serve you in the highest. You took the first step by coming here and putting a log on the fire, which tells me that you are ready to lead as the true Gem that you are.

Enough said and you are most welcomed to put another log on the fire!

Mr. Lion, I have to tell you, when I read your post I started to cry. But in a good way

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Thinking about the meaning of a trusting comforting community makes me think about my idea of Homings that I wrote about here

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...munity-housing

I have a small property that has outbuildings and access to a beautiful park around the reservoir in Blue Ridge Georgia. My home is in much need of repair that I just do not enjoy doing myself. I love to cook, to wash laundry and to take care of animals. My isolation here is real. The ideal would be that I am living with home-mates who share to get life in motion. Ideally, we'd be freed up to each have more time and to experience more.

As to WHY I have not manifested the homing idea? I am still just struggling to get life chores done. I wonder about why I set up such a struggle. I would not mind at all if others joined me.

Maybe it has to do with my aversion to drama. I don't like drama of a tragic sort. Dramedy where we have issues but always know we have the power of health, power of power itself to change our reality can be made true as seen in the world is my value. I say I want this evidence. On the other hand, I have tried a couple of relationships in the last 10 years where the individuals seemed to be a drain on my psyche, not a boost to my experience. I chose then to just be alone. This is not working well.

The log I place on the fire here is that whatever blocks me from being intimate with compatriots and releases me to enjoy a community of gypsy souls all thriving be made manifest in the real! Thanks again for the place to share my heart dream. Maggie
    Maggie, for 2 cents, I'd move to Georgia. I kid you not.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Delight (27th August 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Dear Maggie,

It all sounds real good. And based on what you have expressed, it sounds like you have a coool attitude.

Maybe why it hasn't happened is that you have tried to hard to make it happen, thereby building a wall of concentrated energy that is preventing your desires to manifest, whereby the manifesting energies can't come in. Also most honorable folks like to build something they want to call theirs. And that might be why some you have run into depleted you because it wasn't of their own steam for something they could call theirs. I am just splitting wood here and sharing a few what if's.

But I admit that I like where you are coming from and it shows that you have a lot of heart!

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), kanishk (13th November 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lionhawk (here)
    Dear Maggie,

It all sounds real good. And based on what you have expressed, it sounds like you have a coool attitude.

Maybe why it hasn't happened is that you have tried to hard to make it happen, thereby building a wall of concentrated energy that is preventing your desires to manifest, whereby the manifesting energies can't come in. Also most honorable folks like to build something they want to call theirs. And that might be why some you have run into depleted you because it wasn't of their own steam for something they could call theirs. I am just splitting wood here and sharing a few what if's.

But I admit that I like where you are coming from and it shows that you have a lot of heart!
    Thanks and what you share is familiar. That is a great question for boiling on the fire.... given that we who are creative feel the steam for something we can call ours, what is the best way to join the engines? I see various leaders offering a vehicle. But we are not wanting to jump on someone's train.

Then there are so far just practicalities. I work at a grocery at the moment in their deli. I would LOVE to have my own commercial kitchen to rent out. The only obstacle I have to any of these "ideas" is that I seem not to have the energy to do it (including what seems real as with money). I have always worked for others dreams. At one time it seemed reasonable that "life was a certain way" including illness care work as a nurse. It provided some satisfaction and a living wage. But it is now excruciating to even think about supporting. A system going absolutely wrong would make me complicit there.I was often antagonistic and fighting when i was there but it never did anything to change it's structure.

I was so believing a few years ago that something magical was going to be possible any minute...maybe with the ability to teleport, to manifest even instant apples in hand. Something about this idea seemed so far fetched but so right. An immense change in our every fabric of possibility seemed reasonable. The contemplation of not needing to create complicated stuctures to get the means to "have" the necessities like food, shelter and all the mundane aspects of life is still a dream. I engage the extreme of what i love because without dreams, life is a dull dead end.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Limor Wolf (28th August 2015), Lionhawk (27th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Default 5 hour energy vs. 5 hour coffee

Once upon a time, not so long ago, something unconditional arose onto the land from the ashes of a great fire. The great fire came up all of a sudden and caught folks unaware as the flames spread through their community and forced everyone to move out of their zones of comfort that they had enjoyed for a time. Like every community, nothing was perfect, but the folks there relied upon their knowings and made sure all was done for the survival and comfort of all concerned. Grace by fire.

Some had fled to other lands to establish their own Kingdoms of knowing. Chaos and blame in the flames burned several, leaving them blistered, scarred, and battered. Some ran to the Mists to get relief for their burns and others just fell off the wagon in many a pub in the great land of England. You can read about it on their bathroom walls. Many a tale arose through those glasses of brew, mostly offering a story of denial and lies that would convince any one drinking the brew they were hearing the truth. Such, was a time of the shifting of the winds. It was in the month of February when this took place and in the Lord's year of 2010.

Some had stayed trying to put out those flames but to no avail. Some died and the ones that didn't flee were found all over the place, either knocked out, shocked, or asphyxiated by all the toxic rumors that were in the air. Dazed and confused were these poor ones. Once gallant with their posts, they were now in disarray. No where to go, no where to hide, some crawled to find fresher air.

The fire burned and it burned hotter as the month went on. It didn't care about the lies or the truth of the community. It just burned without a reason to be understood by the hearts and souls who once occupied their posts. It was a time of great unknowing change.

On February 11th, an unknown warrior laid in a place where the flames had ripped through days before. He had been knocked out several days prior and continued to lay there due to the asphyxiated atmosphere. He also had amnesia but no one was aware of that has he stumbled into this community, late in the previous year. They accepted him and in a short time became one of their own. As he laid there a voice called out. He opened his eyes. The voice rang out once more. He turned in recognition towards the voice. The amnesia was gone. A flood of past memories came flooding into his mind as the panic around him ensued. He then sprang up arising out of the ashes. His blood started to race and his heart went into over drive. The voice called out again. It was his name.

He then ran forward, toward the voice, but the voice was coming from the shadows. Shadows of a previous time but yet..... ever present to his ears. He stopped suddenly as if his head was about to split open. The past was still rushing back into his head and as the pain subsided he went forward. He looked around and said to himself, "I don't belong here anymore."

The fire continued to the end of the month and went out and became silent. Ash, emotions, dead posters, etc. littered the virtual landscape. The brew glasses continued to flow faster now. So many tales to twist and turn as there was more stats as to who went where and what happened to the who in Whoville? More writing on the bathroom walls in the English pubs caused a demand for more paint.

Things settled down as we now know of it. Some found new comfort zones and several houses of knowing were built out of the ashes of that fire in February 2010.
    You may wonder what happened to that warrior who now has his memory restored. You are entitled to do just that.

The moral of this story is to be careful what you read. Thanks for listening.

What does this have to do with 5 hour energy vs. 5 hour coffee? That is a tale for another day. I say that because that first story wore me out just to write it, but I will tell you very soon.

Namaste'

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Beren (27th August 2015), Bill Ryan (27th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Gardener (30th August 2015), greybeard (27th August 2015), Jake (28th August 2015), Jhonie (10th September 2015), Matthew (27th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Zionbrion (28th August 2015)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Writing my dream story from a few nights ago inspired me to share some of the most potent dreams snippets I have had over my life. There are more intricacies to each one, but I just wanted to share the A-Ha moments that stuck with me.

I was standing in a big soccer field, and everything was more vivid then it is in waking life I noticed a native type man atanding in the center and he telepathically communicated to come closer, I approached him and he spoke one sentence, that was the meaning to all existence and I immediatley woke up. I then layed in bed relishing in the feeling and words he had imparted to me, after feeling it for about 5 minutes I decided I had better write it down...in my log...and as soon as my pen hit the paper the sentence he spoke to me just vanished and I have never been able to remember it.

I was travelling in New Zealand and at the time doing a work trade at this couples house, who had a yoga center and natural health practice studio. I was reading a book by Swami Satchitananda, I had never heard of him before this book, but after I finished reading it I had a dream in which I was at a kirtan lead by the author, we were all singing and the vibes were really nice. After a song had finished he came over to me and cupped his hand over my third eye as he said "this is what I feel like all the time" and I was transported straight into the most bliss I have ever felt, which I interpreted as an enlightened state. If I am still and goto that place it still resonates through me.

So there was a period of a few years in my early twenties where alien type beings were a big part of my life, I don't remember actually speaking with them or ever seeing them, but they were there. So one night I had a dream I actually remembered, I was on a gigantic space ship, that was very baren and sterile feeling. I stood there staring down a small staircase and there was some sort of black portal in the shape of a door. I then remembered that I have been going to this place in my dreams for many many nights and I always entered into this portal for some reason though I could not recall what happens when I step through. This time in the dream though I got this feeling or fear that if I went through it this time I would never return, I chose not to go through and have never had a similar dream since...that I remember at least!

One late afternoon my friends and I made a meal of sweet potatoes and we each got the largest artichoke I had ever eaten, after eating it you could say it was some sort of magical artichoke because we all layed down on the carpet and fell asleep, like in a field of poppies. It was only about 5:00PM. I went into a very vivid dream going on all sorts of adventures and it ended with me hitchhiking and getting picked up by Ama(the hug lady) and in this vehicle you didn't need to see the road, the whole window was a beautiful psychadelic vision and we were driving through some other sort of dimension. Then Ama did something similar to me as the Swami did in the other dream. We all slept for probably a half hour and we had all had intense dreams from those artichokes!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Beren (28th August 2015), Bill Ryan (28th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Delight (28th August 2015), Jhonie (10th September 2015), kanishk (14th November 2015), Lionhawk (28th August 2015)

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

This is an honestly true story TOLD WITH STRAIGHT VERACITY as it happend AND ALL NAMES UNDISGUISED except for the establishment's name. Is truth as strange as fiction...hell yes.

Jim who is usually not very talkative came up to me the other night and said..."You know we are in hell, don't you? The customers who come here to shop have no idea."

I looked around the deli at S-INGLES grocery and suddenly like a wave washing over me, wondered are we in hell? Certainly the deli was a weird place. My job was slicing meat and cheese. No one coming in to work received orientation. You were just sent to slice and weigh and if you had an idea of how the flow might be better, told...S-INGLES always does it "that way".

Work was endless unwrapping and wrapping Boars Head (BH) HUNKS. Customers lining up and asking for their slices.... POUNDS AND OUNCES...ON AND ON... but as soon as you made a mistake, you were chastised. Standing for hours without a break. We are not even allowed to drink water in the deli...is that a clue?

Work evenings seem to take forever, like molasses to wade through.

I thought I had been there 6 months but actually could not recall at that moment WHEN I first started this job? Yes, it did seem like it was only in December but now time goes by differently and I forget the days.

I recalled an orientation that took place months after I started in the next door space where Goodies once had been but now S-INGLES kept boxes. There is no electricity in the space and beyond the windows it is a dark cavern. That day was hot as, yes, it was hot as hell.

We sat on turned over wooden crates sweltering by the open front door and were told how to sell meat by greeting people with the latest sample of the month's Focus. We learned the 5 steps and to speak first before the customers could say anything so as to grab their attention toward what we were to highlight. We were told our jobs were potentially on the line if a secret shopper was not greeted properly.

Considering the volume of customers, these 5 steps often WERE neglected. I had even encountered a secret shopper once and had luckily offered him a sample. But the fact that I had no readily available morsel in hand had been a mistake. Oh well, I am still employed today. And come to think of it, no one had been fired but one is a bit on edge all the time when NEEDING the job.

I half feel I NEED the job. Certainly I seem to need the money.

Last winter I was really broke and every Wednesday had to distribute my paycheck very carefully. That felt hellish when my furnace broke and I had other big bills too with electricity at the coldest time of year. I actually had pilfered the bits of edges of cheese to eat rather than throw them away. S-INGLES throws away massive amounts of food. This is corporate policy. "Grazing" is a firing offense. Hopefully none of my co-workers read this post hehe.

The BH orientor had started off saying.."You know how you like having extra money in your paycheck? Well, your deli does also. The extra money goes towards paying its bills. So your job is to sell as much as possible". We role played selling the merchandise. I actually enjoyed playing a difficult customer but no one laughed.

The IRONY I noticed then was that no matter how much we associates might sell, we'd only get our small part-time checks. WE WERE NEVER ALLOWED 40 HOURS. And I heard that the pay raises never came THROUGH, even with the yearly reviews. That had sounded a bit, you know, Hellish? I thought I was just here for awhile so had not felt bad.

I realized that I was not sure about Jim's assertion and there were other clues. One night a women came to the deli and said cryptically "I feel for you being here. I know what goes on because I was here once".

There are never enough of us to do all the cleaning at the end of the day comfortable. Other hellish aspects arise such as getting all the deli slicers clean only to have a customer come and ask for meat and cheese at 10:30 when I hope to go home. We are not allowed to say no and closing is when we can get out.

Then there is the dish washing. No one was actually assigned to dish washing and when I am doing that job, I feel I will never finish it because I'd be called on to go back and slice some more meat too. Then there is the FACT that I am dealing with meat and I am essentially a vegetarian.

The remote possibility is there...I work in hell. But on the other hand, I am not ALWAYS at S-INGLES' Deli?

"Jim, we do eventually get to go home every night, so I don't think this is hell."

"Yes, Maggie, but do you get to STAY home, or do you always come back here?"

I went home that night still thoughtful and called my friend Angela the next day before work. I told her I had heard I was working in hell.
    She actually agreed with me. She reported always sensing that the deli was in a vortex. She had also noticed one by the bins of bulk items nearby. She said some compassionate words to the effect that she was sure I was bringing some light to it and maybe that was why I was there...rather than because I was sentenced. That did not really make it all better.
    Last edited by Delight; 28th August 2015 at 06:54.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

awakeningmom (29th August 2015), Becky (28th August 2015), Beren (28th August 2015), Bill Ryan (28th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Limor Wolf (28th August 2015), Lionhawk (28th August 2015), Selkie (28th August 2015)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    This is an honestly true story TOLD WITH STRAIGHT VERACITY as it happend AND ALL NAMES UNDISGUISED except for the establishment's name. Is truth as strange as fiction...hell yes.

Jim who is usually not very talkative came up to me the other night and said..."You know we are in hell, don't you? The customers who come here to shop have no idea."

I looked around the deli at S-INGLES grocery and suddenly like a wave washing over me, wondered are we in hell? Certainly the deli was a weird place. My job was slicing meat and cheese. No one coming in to work received orientation. You were just sent to slice and weigh and if you had an idea of how the flow might be better, told...S-INGLES always does it "that way".

Work was endless unwrapping and wrapping Boars Head (BH) HUNKS. Customers lining up and asking for their slices.... POUNDS AND OUNCES...ON AND ON... but as soon as you made a mistake, you were chastised. Standing for hours without a break. We are not even allowed to drink water in the deli...is that a clue?

Work evenings seem to take forever, like molasses to wade through.

I thought I had been there 6 months but actually could not recall at that moment WHEN I first started this job? Yes, it did seem like it was only in December but now time goes by differently and I forget the days.

I recalled an orientation that took place months after I started in the next door space where Goodies once had been but now S-INGLES kept boxes. There is no electricity in the space and beyond the windows it is a dark cavern. That day was hot as, yes, it was hot as hell.

We sat on turned over wooden crates sweltering by the open front door and were told how to sell meat by greeting people with the latest sample of the month's Focus. We learned the 5 steps and to speak first before the customers could say anything so as to grab their attention toward what we were to highlight. We were told our jobs were potentially on the line if a secret shopper was not greeted properly.

Considering the volume of customers, these 5 steps often WERE neglected. I had even encountered a secret shopper once and had luckily offered him a sample. But the fact that I had no readily available morsel in hand had been a mistake. Oh well, I am still employed today. And come to think of it, no one had been fired but one is a bit on edge all the time when NEEDING the job.

I half feel I NEED the job. Certainly I seem to need the money.

Last winter I was really broke and every Wednesday had to distribute my paycheck very carefully. That felt hellish when my furnace broke and I had other big bills too with electricity at the coldest time of year. I actually had pilfered the bits of edges of cheese to eat rather than throw them away. S-INGLES throws away massive amounts of food. This is corporate policy. "Grazing" is a firing offense. Hopefully none of my co-workers read this post hehe.

The BH orientor had started off saying.."You know how you like having extra money in your paycheck? Well, your deli does also. The extra money goes towards paying its bills. So your job is to sell as much as possible". We role played selling the merchandise. I actually enjoyed playing a difficult customer but no one laughed.

The IRONY I noticed then was that no matter how much we associates might sell, we'd only get our small part-time checks. WE WERE NEVER ALLOWED 40 HOURS. And I heard that the pay raises never came THROUGH, even with the yearly reviews. That had sounded a bit, you know, Hellish? I thought I was just here for awhile so had not felt bad.

I realized that I was not sure about Jim's assertion and there were other clues. One night a women came to the deli and said cryptically "I feel for you being here. I know what goes on because I was here once".

There are never enough of us to do all the cleaning at the end of the day comfortable. Other hellish aspects arise such as getting all the deli slicers clean only to have a customer come and ask for meat and cheese at 10:30 when I hope to go home. We are not allowed to say no and closing is when we can get out.

Then there is the dish washing. No one was actually assigned to dish washing and when I am doing that job, I feel I will never finish it because I'd be called on to go back and slice some more meat too. Then there is the FACT that I am dealing with meat and I am essentially a vegetarian.

The remote possibility is there...I work in hell. But on the other hand, I am not ALWAYS at S-INGLES' Deli?

"Jim, we do eventually get to go home every night, so I don't think this is hell."

"Yes, Maggie, but do you get to STAY home, or do you always come back here?"

I went home that night still thoughtful and called my friend Angela the next day before work. I told her I had heard I was working in hell.
    She actually agreed with me. She reported always sensing that the deli was in a vortex. She had also noticed one by the bins of bulk items nearby. She said some compassionate words to the effect that she was sure I was bringing some light to it and maybe that was why I was there...rather than because I was sentenced. That did not really make it all better.
    You know, Delight, that's really strange because one time, when I was in Spain, I took mushrooms alone, with no one there, and at one point, I was sure that I was dead. Not that I was going to die, or that I had died, but that I was already dead, and that I always had been...and so was everyone else...except that no one knows it. Then my cat jumped up on me, and I thought, well, if I am dead, at least I still have my cats.

I don't know quite what to make of that, lol.

addition I also had the distinct impression that this world...what we call life...is actually the underworld, only we don't know it.
    Last edited by Selkie; 28th August 2015 at 14:11.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th August 2015), kanishk (14th November 2015), Lionhawk (28th August 2015)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

I am so sad that I had to leave my cats in Spain. I left in a hurry, so I had no time to bring them with me. I miss Emily, but I am not worried about her because she is adoptable. But I worry so much about Dulcinea because she had been abused, and she came to trust me and made me her mother, and I had to leave her. And I have no idea what happened to them. I do not know if they are still at Witchaven or not. I do not know if JLL adopted them out or what.
    Last edited by Selkie; 28th August 2015 at 14:40.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th August 2015), Jake (28th August 2015), Limor Wolf (28th August 2015), Lionhawk (28th August 2015)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

This should keep us warm through the night.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th August 2015), Constance (13th December 2015), Jake (28th August 2015), Lionhawk (28th August 2015), Selkie (28th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 65 LastLast