Thread: Spoonbending (how to!)

1. Link to Post #101
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 159 posts

Default Re: Spoonbending (how to!)

I've considered writing on this thread in the past, but hesitated due to thinking that others may consider the pictures of my spoon being unbelievable or a hoax, although I promise it's 100% real.
    Done by my two hands in a few seconds.
    The problem is my spoon turned out looking nothing like any spoon bending I've seen online.

I keep the spoon as it's precious to me as reminder of just what's possible with the mind.
    In fact it's been a while since I bent the spoon, so on taking photos of it yesterday, I noticed the area which was bent now has some very light rust markings on it.

Anyway it was my first attempt at bending a spoon about 8 years ago, in which I followed a short Youtube video about spoon bending.
    You held the handle in one hand, whilst imagining the molecules of the metal in the spoon handle becoming more active and vibrating faster, and softening.

Over 10 minutes I would give around 2mins of focus on the handle and then give a 'gentle' attempt at bending. The first 3 tries, there was no give in the spoon.

On my fourth try, there was a slight hesitation (disbelief in being able to bend the spoon, I guess), at which point as soon as the hesitation occurred this loud voice in my head shouted at the top of its voice...
    with an irritated tone..."GET OUT OF YOUR WAY!!"
    and without a seconds thought I rotated the spoon head three times in a row with little if any effort.

I don't know if my recollection is correct or not, but whilst holding the handle in one hand I swear I only used my thumb & two fingers of the other hand to do the bending.

The truly annoying thing about this is although I keep the spoon to remind myself of what humans are capable of, I actually haven't been able to bend a spoon since this first attempt of mine.

I have the proof right in front of me that I can do it...yet whenever I try... the little voice is my head says "you'll never do that again"
    And I guess 'my' reality provides me with that belief.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Spoon 01.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	48716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spoon 02.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	48717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spoon 03.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	48718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spoon 04.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	48719  
    Last edited by Jambo; 15th April 2022 at 09:21. Reason: Spelling Mistake

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd April 2022), eagle0027 (4th April 2022), gini (17th April 2022), Gwin Ru (3rd April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), jaybee (26th September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd April 2022), Nasu (16th April 2022), Patient (3rd April 2022), RunningDeer (3rd April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th April 2022), wondering (4th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #102
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by Jambo (here)
    I've considered writing on this thread in the past, but hesitated due to thinking that others may consider the pictures of my spoon being unbelievable or a hoax, although I promise it's 100% real.
    Done by my two hands in a few seconds.
    The problem is my spoon turned out looking nothing like any spoon bending I've seen online.

I keep the spoon as it's precious to me (almost like an heirloom to self) as reminder of just what's possible with the mind.
    In fact it's been a while since I bent the spoon, so on taking photos of it yesterday, I noticed the area which was bent now has some very light rust markings on it.

Anyway it was my first attempt at bending a spoon about 8 years ago, in which I followed a short Youtube video about spoon bending.
    You held the handle in one hand, whilst imagining the molecules of the metal in the spoon handle becoming more active and vibrating faster, and softening.

Over 10 minutes I would give around 2mins of focus on the handle and then give a 'gentle' attempt at bending. The first 3 tries, there was no give in the spoon.

On my fourth try, there was a slight hesitation (disbelief of being able to do it I guess) by myself to bend the spoon at which point as soon as the hesitation occurred this loud voice in my head shouted at the top of its voice...
    and without a seconds thought I rotated the spoon head three times in a row with little if any effort.

I don't know if my recollection is correct or not, but whilst holding the handle in one hand I swear I only used my thumb & two fingers of the other hand to do the bending.

The truly annoying thing about this is although I keep the spoon to remind myself of what humans are capable of, I actually haven't been able to bend a spoon since this first attempt of mine.

I have the proof right in front of me that I can do it...yet whenever I try... the little voice is my heads says "you'll never do that again"
    And I guess reality provides me with that belief.
    I guess because you only needed to do it once to know that you can!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd April 2022), eagle0027 (4th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), I am B (16th April 2022), Jambo (3rd April 2022), Nasu (16th April 2022), RunningDeer (3rd April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th April 2022), wondering (4th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,953 times in 2,389 posts

Quote Posted by Jambo (here)
    this loud voice in my head shouted at the top of its voice...
    That's brilliant!

(We're always stopping ourselves through hesitancy, disbelief etc. Getting in OUR OWN WAY).

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th April 2022), eagle0027 (4th April 2022), Harmony (4th April 2022), I am B (16th April 2022), Jambo (4th April 2022), Nasu (16th April 2022), Patient (4th April 2022), Peace in Oz (5th April 2022), RunningDeer (4th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (4th April 2022), wondering (4th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

I have not too seriously tried, but I do feel uncapable.

I "borderline subcounsciously" feel like im being silly-treated by some internet trolls, with all due respect.

Guess its a matter to just keep trying.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th April 2022), Harmony (17th April 2022), Inversion (26th September 2022), Jambo (18th April 2022), Nasu (16th April 2022), Patient (17th April 2022), RunningDeer (17th April 2022), wondering (16th April 2022)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,394 times in 1,630 posts

I tried to bend a fork and it didn't work for me. Recently forks have been disappearing.

Utensils and Other Disappearing Objects

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2022), Harmony (26th September 2022), Jambo (17th October 2022), RunningDeer (26th September 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6