+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Have you ever seen or felt the presence of the dead?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,248 times in 353 posts

Default Re: Have you ever seen or felt the presence of the dead?

The old gentleman who owned this land before me presents himself almost daily. The day I walked the land with the realtor he was standing beside me and I finally asked the realtor who was the man who died here. He was startled to say the least. In the house that was here when I moved things, I would go to bed to find them back in their original location. I finally began asking permission to move things. Some days I hear him talking on the porch but I can't see him, other days he appears so vividly that he startles me. But he is always here. He loves my horse. He had one. I think he is protecting me. But I am not sure from what.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (4th December 2020), Brigantia (6th October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (6th October 2020), Ernie Nemeth (6th October 2020), Ewan (22nd November 2020), Gwin Ru (6th October 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (12th November 2020), Patient (12th November 2020), rgray222 (6th October 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th October 2020), sunwings (7th October 2020), Wind (6th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 times in 407 posts

Many of my wife's deceased in laws show up on a semi-regular basis. Even a cat she once had sometimes manifests, and we see its aura in our peripheral vision darting through the house.

Mostly it's her dad and mom who check in regularly, but last year when a cousin in law committed suicide we felt him very strongly. The lights in our kitchen would flicker whenever we felt him near. He was quite confused, I could hear him in my head asking what was going on and where he was. We did a ritual to help him see more clearly and better connect with his family so he could find emotional closure. The last couple times I checked in on him he was more coherent, calmer, and was moving on from his earthbound state. Last I checked, he was in a place of healing on the other side.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Brigantia (6th October 2020), Gwin Ru (6th October 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (12th November 2020), onevoice (11th October 2020), Patient (12th November 2020), rgray222 (6th October 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 times in 568 posts

I was talking with my mother in law the other day who finds this topic spooky. She was uncomfortable talking about it but I know she experiences many things but blocks them out. Anyway, she turns and says to me that after people die in her life they show up 2 or 3 days later. She will be walking down the street and someone who completely resembles the recently deceased person will walk past her. She has to take a double take and it always happens.

My take on it was that it seemed to be a projection into her mind. I am sure the people looked nothing like her relatives but it is projected at her as a kind of goodbye. It made me wonder if this happens to other people?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

AriG (12th November 2020), Brigantia (6th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (6th October 2020), Gwin Ru (6th October 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,969 times in 229 posts

I felt my grandmother very strongly after she died, we were very close. I got the call from Mum that she had passed over at 6am, I went into work in the morning and took the afternoon off to go up to Mum. Driving there, I tried to feel sad but I felt a warm glow around me, as if she was telling me that everything was fine.

About a month later I had a day in London. Coming back on the train - a 2 hour journey - I was at a formation of 4 seats around a table, and all the seats were marked as 'reserved'. No one came to sit at the seat opposite me, and I started to chat to the guy diagonally opposite.

It turned out that he was a medium. About 20 minutes before our destination the conversation turned to my grandma, he told me that she had a message of "remember me to Mary". Mary was her sister in law, and grandma always used that phrase of "remember me", meaning "give my regards to". I also told him that Mum had experienced a strong smell of perfume in grandma's flat and he said, "she says it was cologne, not perfume". Grandma was always very correct like that! The info kept flowing, I just happened to glance at the empty seat opposite me and he said, "she's been there the whole time".

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

AriG (12th November 2020), Gwin Ru (6th October 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (12th November 2020), onevoice (11th October 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th October 2020), syrwong (7th October 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,756 times in 1,285 posts

a friend of mine Joe, took his life about 15 years ago. several days after he shot himself in his barn and passed on, i walked his grounds in upstate ny on the coldest of days . i nailed a painting into a tree for him and said goodby

i drove home , got in my condo and just leaned upon my windowsill looking outside in a daze. my cat Kairow was sitting on the sill with me

all of a sudden, i felt a chill that passed right thru me. my cat looking behind me with eyes wide open and hair raised, freaked out and jumped off the sill

joe passed by thru me. i know it

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (12th November 2020), AriG (12th November 2020), Constance (12th November 2020), Gwin Ru (12th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (12th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (12th November 2020), Patient (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,239 times in 5,470 posts

Yes, my 'ex' died May 1st this year. She was living 350+ miles away on an island when she died. 3 days and a few hours after her passing I found her sitting at the top of my stairs waiting for me to come by. A very typical kind of behaviour of hers. I was on my way up, an extremely powerful energy stopped me in my tracks at the last but one step ( not physically, shock or something ). I only paused for a few moments then continued to the bathroom where I was heading. On my way back I felt a much weaker but identical energy but I didn't pause, I just slowed down and began to wonder what the hell just happened. I sat in my chair downstairs for about an hour quite stunned. It had taken a while for it to sink in, by then she had gone again.

I had briefly spoken to her on her mobile in her small hospital room 2 days before she died. I'd said, "well if you do check out, come by here to say hi on your way out".

3 days is a recurring thing that gets more interesting the more it crops up.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

AriG (12th November 2020), Constance (12th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th November 2020), thepainterdoug (12th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,402 times in 979 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Yes, my 'ex' died May 1st this year. She was living 350+ miles away on an island when she died. 3 days and a few hours after her passing I found her sitting at the top of my stairs waiting for me to come by. A very typical kind of behaviour of hers. I was on my way up, an extremely powerful energy stopped me in my tracks at the last but one step ( not physically, shock or something ). I only paused for a few moments then continued to the bathroom where I was heading. On my way back I felt a much weaker but identical energy but I didn't pause, I just slowed down and began to wonder what the hell just happened. I sat in my chair downstairs for about an hour quite stunned. It had taken a while for it to sink in, by then she had gone again.

I had briefly spoken to her on her mobile in her small hospital room 2 days before she died. I'd said, "well if you do check out, come by here to say hi on your way out".

3 days is a recurring thing that gets more interesting the more it crops up.
    Heart breaking for you. Being a divorced person (2002), and having moved on to a new life and relationship/ marriage, I know the guilt and sorrow that occurs when an oath must be broken. Add to that, an actual death? It’s as though you have experienced the trauma twice. In fact, many say that a divorce is worse than a death. It is a conscious decision to abandon a relationship. Much more pain. A death? Not necessarily a conscious abandonment but rather a circumstantial outcome. Much love and healing to you Norman. Be kind to yourself.
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Harmony (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th November 2020), thepainterdoug (12th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

My “mammaw”!, at the age of 102, in 1993,!developed an intestinal blockage that resulted rin the halt of parastolsis, meaning that her intestines stopped working. She was literally choking on her own waste.

She was heavily medicated and they withdrew feeding for obvious reasons. At 2:30 am I asked the nurses if more couldn’t be done to alleviate her suffering. They mistook my request for more meds as a request for euthanasia. They called the doctor and then came into her room with a 100 cc vial full of morphene and injected into her
    upper leg. It was late, I had worked all day and spent the evening and into the wee hours with her. I didn’t compute that they were putting her to sleep, permanently.!

Within five minutes, I saw her jaw slack, and the monitors started beeping. I ran to her bed and slipped my hand under her head. As I was holding her head, I felt an almost heart stopping burst of energy pass through my heart as though I was having a heart attack ( I was only 28). As the last bit of this energy exited my body, I heard my Mammaw’s voice, not as it’s 102 year old voice but rather the same voice but much younger, whisper , “thank you, I love you, watch over my baby, your mother”.

Footnote:
    For the record, if the math doesn’t add up - my Mammaw had her first and only baby when she was 52. Nutrition was better back then, not was there radiation like we have today)
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Antagenet (12th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th November 2020), thepainterdoug (12th November 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    I was talking with my mother in law the other day who finds this topic spooky. She was uncomfortable talking about it but I know she experiences many things but blocks them out. Anyway, she turns and says to me that after people die in her life they show up 2 or 3 days later. She will be walking down the street and someone who completely resembles the recently deceased person will walk past her. She has to take a double take and it always happens.

My take on it was that it seemed to be a projection into her mind. I am sure the people looked nothing like her relatives but it is projected at her as a kind of goodbye. It made me wonder if this happens to other people?
    sort of like the beach scene in the movie “Contact”- the image of her father wasn’t really her father, but some
    Projection to give her comfort, Comforting and disturbing in one. What can we truly trust to be “real”. Starting to believe absolutely nothing. “ row row row your boat”
    Albert Einstein

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), sunwings (12th November 2020), thepainterdoug (12th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Can’t we just have them all back? Life
    Seems so unfair.
    Albert Einstein

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Antagenet (12th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Hermoor (12th November 2020), RunningDeer (12th November 2020), thepainterdoug (12th November 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 times in 231 posts

I am experienced with the presence of the dead when they guide and message me with small white fluffy feathers. These feathers wait for me in unmistakable locations. Sometimes they even fall from the sky in front of me.

Rainbows are significant to me, especially double rainbows. They have powerful energy as opposed to the feathers which are altogether more subtle.

If you are experienced with feathers and rainbows too, please message me so we can share experiences and research a bit deeper.

The last double rainbow I saw was highly energetic. I was moving out of my parking place and telepathy said get up quick to that little hill with the beautiful view and then turn on your radio. So I did. Parked up again. View of the double rainbow is amazing. Turned on the radio.... it was Queen's 'Love Of My Life' followed by Simple Minds' 'Don't You Forget About Me'.

What were the chances of that?

In his early childhood a family member of mine used to play a lot in his Grandmother's back garden. He would then describe his garden play partner in great detail to his Grandmother. His Granny was astounded. He perfectly described a dear old lady who was a close friend of the family for decades. She'd passed away many years prior to his birth. He'd never even met her. And yet he'd play happily with her for hours at a time and knew her every trait. Wow....
    Last edited by Hermoor; 12th November 2020 at 10:56.
    'Adventures with quackademics in Dumbf*ckistan.' - John Anthony West

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermoor For This Post:

RunningDeer (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th November 2020), thepainterdoug (12th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3