+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen or felt the presence of the dead?

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member space88paladin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Have you ever seen or felt the presence of the dead?

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    So, if most don't change much after crossing to the other side, then those people are still going to be quite ignorant or unaware, except for the fact that they are now aware that death isn't real.

I'm ignoring those who haven't realized they are dead. Those types would still be perceiving a physical reality. I wonder how long it can take for them to realize it. Or do many people die and still remain in physical reality. Just like we can go to sleep, lose consciousness and reset the next day, I've had dreams that have shown me that we can wake up in an ongoing alternate life and load up the continuity of that life and forget about any other life we may be living or died from.

Back to the case where people die and remain in earth's astral realm or whatever in their energy body, with a similar personality. Given that they are still ignorant or foolish, wouldn't those kind be very susceptible to getting trapped by the "tricksters" who feed off our energy and want to keep us enslaved to illusion/ignorance. Maybe that happens often, but people are seeing another part of that soul that is not trapped who is saying goodbye and bringing us love. Someone mentioned ghosts being a part of a traumatized being that is split off.

I assume the reality of this whole subject is quite complicated. I guess we would need to talk to an astral being to get some stats on the people who cross over and what % go each of the various routes. lol

The people i know who have experienced those who have crossed are visited for awhile until that being says goodbye. Then they become unreachable. I guess they are either entering another body on earth or leaving earths astral and going to another system? Perhaps its too alien to continue a connection? If the spirit/soul can split like water droplets or flames, why so many limitations, can't it multitask. haha
    I suppose the clocks arent the same in their realm. so just because we experienced them seeming to hang around us for x amount of time and then saying goodbye and become out of touch - doesnt mean that their timeline of events are the same.

Anybody with enough awareness to clarify any of this?
    I read a book that was recommended to me that provided a lot of clarity in this regard- by a hypnotherapist named Dr Michael Newton I think. He’s got two books, the first being called Journey of Souls and the second called Destiny of Souls.

The second IMO goes wayyy deeper into the nature of the afterlife compared to the first which sort of acts as a consoler that death isn’t the end with various clients recalling the time of their deaths in past lives and then their transition into the afterlife.

It’s entirely up to your discernment whether or not you believe it, but Im a pretty big skeptic with just about anything, and I personally find that the what the clients tell him as he regresses them are way too consistent across all of them, essentially what they say about the afterlife is the same and he had regressed about 1000 people. Even when the information is difficult to digest the facts stand out and the author appears genuine.

To me, the book was a life changer in understanding and that’s why I am perhaps eager to share it to you, lol. So, check it out if you want to, I highly recommend.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to space88paladin For This Post:

I am B (23rd May 2021), Mashika (25th May 2021), Merkaba360 (23rd May 2021), Pam (27th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #62
    Netherlands Avalon Member mokosh's Avatar
    Thanks

It's several years ago I had this dream. I was a pagan girl( In my dream) with twigs in her hair and a white dress on. I was hiding in the bushes because i was scared. Then my sleeping self was asking the pagan girl why she was afraid. She pointed to 3 columns of very bright light coming out of the sky touching the earth. The columns were square and very big, "they are here" the pagan girl said. Too bad I woke up that moment.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mokosh For This Post:

Brigantia (27th December 2021), Eva2 (27th May 2021), Pam (27th December 2021), TomKat (23rd May 2021)

5. Link to Post #63
    Netherlands Avalon Member mokosh's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread. Please feel free to post in any weird dreams thread.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mokosh For This Post:

Pam (27th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

My grandad died on his sleep few years ago. It was a sudden heart attack no one was expecting. When my aunt called, very early in the morning to give The news, i woke up by the sound of my parents phone already knowing what had happened. Nobody told me but I knew. I don't remember any dreams or the like, that day.

Months Later, I was hanging around next to my dad on a land we have, he was taking care of some olive trees, something related to my grandad who was a strong countryman. And on a little chair there was next to me i could feel him sitting there. I couldn't see him, I wasn't even remembering him, but I could feel his presence so strongly I wouldn't have sat on his chair even if I wanted to. It was such a heartwarming feeling, because he did seem happy.

Also I know their spirits/whatever hang around family members to guide and protect them. It is such a strong feeling, sometimes I'd dare to say who or what kind follows certain people. I am overskeptic by nature but Its so hard to doubt this. Almost impossible. Such a shame that today's culture doesn't dig into this. Or maybe its for the best, some of the best guides are the ones unseen.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

avid (23rd May 2021), Brigantia (27th December 2021), Icare (27th December 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (24th May 2021), Mashika (25th May 2021), onevoice (26th May 2021), Pam (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (24th May 2021), wondering (27th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    If they borrow the "synchronized energy" from you, then you won't be able to move for a while, until they leave. If it comes from someone else, then you may be able to move, but you can't touch them, if you do, you absorb that energy and they go away because they don't belong here anymore, you stole their energy that created their body or presence on this world

So if you have sleep paralysis it's possible that you are being vampirised?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Icare (27th December 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (24th May 2021), Mashika (25th May 2021), Pam (27th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #66
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    If they borrow the "synchronized energy" from you, then you won't be able to move for a while, until they leave. If it comes from someone else, then you may be able to move, but you can't touch them, if you do, you absorb that energy and they go away because they don't belong here anymore, you stole their energy that created their body or presence on this world

I'm not sure those two are the same, it could be possible, but there are differences. Also, evidence that sleep paralysis is a normal thing in human bodies. Unfortunately the only person i could ask and trust their answer is not around anymore :/

In normal sleep paralysis, you feel something is there, or sense it, but can't see it. On the other case, you may have been fully awake before the event started, then it's possible you can see someone standing there and are fully aware of it, and see their movements or hear them talking, like when shadow people show up and talk to you, but you can't move, you are not asleep or just 'sensing' someone is there, you are seeing it in front of you and interacting somehow
    Last edited by Mashika; 23rd May 2021 at 17:33.
    Tired

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (24th May 2021), Pam (27th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)

I'm not sure those two are the same, it could be possible, but there are differences. Also, evidence that sleep paralysis is a normal thing in human bodies. Unfortunately the only person i could ask and trust their answer is not around anymore :/

In normal sleep paralysis, you feel something is there, or sense it, but can't see it. On the other case, you may have been fully awake before the event started, then it's possible you can see someone standing there and are fully aware of it, and see their movements or hear them talking, like when shadow people show up and talk to you, but you can't move, you are not asleep or just 'sensing' someone is there, you are seeing it in front of you and interacting somehow
    Sleep paralysis is probably just an out-of-body or a mind-awake-body-asleep experience.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Icare (27th December 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (24th May 2021), Mashika (25th May 2021), Pam (27th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

I feel the presence of Mr. Everett, the gentle old man who owned my land before me. He came to me the day I toured the land and he has never left. Sometimes he speaks loudly to me, sometimes very softly. But he is always there. In trying times like now it is one of the things that helps me get through my day.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

avid (24th May 2021), Bill Ryan (24th May 2021), Brigantia (27th December 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (27th May 2021), Eva2 (24th May 2021), Harmony (25th October 2022), I am B (27th May 2021), Icare (27th December 2021), Mashika (25th May 2021), onevoice (26th May 2021), palehorse (21st January 2022), Pam (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (24th May 2021), TomKat (24th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #69
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 times in 168 posts

My father (Joseph) died in his mid-fifties from complications due to cancer. I was in my early thirties at the time and lived far away, high up in isolated mountains. My mother continued to live in the house that her beloved Joseph had built to raise the family (including Little Helium).

At times I would visit my mother and stay for a few days or a week with her in the old family house. I’d sleep in my old bedroom where much of my childhood was spent in trance or sleep, doing work on other levels of reality, so to speak. As an adult who had mastered the transition from one altered state to another, I encountered my father’s image on many occasions in that house after he had passed. My mother also felt his presence but hardly ever spoke of it. My direct encounters with his lingering self were mostly on ‘his’ terms, meaning that I was out-of-body when we met. I’ve spent a lifetime specializing in OBE-like states that are focused specifically on the very edges of the physical realm, instead of wandering off into ‘astral’ (I hate that term) oblivion. Joseph had been hanging around the house for several years after his death.

The last time that I encountered my father, Joseph, occurred outdoors on the side of the house where grass was never planted and natural weeds were allowed to grow. The meter for the natural gas pipes that fed the house was on that side of the house. Joseph was kneeling on the ground by the gas meter. I approached him, well aware of the fact that he was deceased and that I was in fact laying in my bed in the bedroom at the other end of the house. For me this was an awake and aware experience that was not symbolic in any way. I had no unfinished business with Joseph. Even in my early childhood as Little Helium I was the adult-in-the-room in our family.

I noticed that Joseph was having some difficulty. It appeared to be a heart attack as he knelt, then laid on the ground. I went to him and lifted him into my arms. I held him as he died, looking up to me, making eye contact. I have held severely injured or dying people before, while physical. In this case, with my father going through the act of dying in my arms, I was in awe as I watched his body begin to glow with a yellowish light that made the outline of his body ever more indistinct. Moments later I had a glowing ball of brilliant light in my arms. That ball of light began to transform into the tiny body of a new-born infant. I held the baby in my arms for quite some time before I made my move back to my bedroom and back into my physical body.

Sure, it’s possible to imagine that Joseph was re-born into another body after that event. Reincarnation is a popular belief system. I don’t discount it, but I don’t put much faith in simplistic explanations for phenomena that go far deeper than most folks realize. That a part of the personality that composed the entity that had been my father was ‘haunting’ the place that he loved dearly seemed obvious and true, I couldn’t deny. That his presence was manifesting just beyond the physical yet not too far away was also obvious. That he chose a particular time and place to make some kind of transition was clear to me. That he chose me to accompany him and to support and attend to his transition was not surprising to me. The experience was one of many similar experiences that I’ve had during a life lived on the boundaries of the physical, while still anchored by this physical body that grew from that cute kid who loved to sleep – Little Helium.

Well, I’m big helium now. I’ve accompanied many who’ve made transitions, and I’ve not only accompanied them but I’ve ‘been’ them as they die. In other words, I’ve experienced death more often than I wish to admit since speaking of such things is not universally accepted. I very much want to speak about such experiences here on the forum. That’s been my original intent upon joining. I’m just not sure how to go about it.

I do wish to say thank you for starting this thread so that I could perhaps find a place to begin. From my point of view there is a lot of confusion and disinformation to wade through on the subject of death and the nature of physical and (so-called) non-physical realities. The nature of identity itself is poorly understood. Not that I consider myself an authority in any sense, yet I do have extensive experience that forces me to question the usual tried-and-true explanations.

By the way, it was not long after the event above that my mother decided to sell the house and move somewhere easier to maintain.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

avid (27th May 2021), Bill Ryan (27th May 2021), Brigantia (27th December 2021), DNA (28th October 2022), Eva2 (27th May 2021), Harmony (25th October 2022), I am B (27th May 2021), Icare (27th December 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (27th May 2021), Libico (21st November 2023), Pam (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Anyone whom I was close with comes into my dreams occasionally. I ask them in the dreams "I thought you passed away" , and they respond no I'm still alive.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Anyone whom I was close with comes into my dreams occasionally. I ask them in the dreams "I thought you passed away" , and they respond no I'm still alive.
    The dream feels like it's so real, like they are actually still alive when I wake up from the dream..
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Brigantia (27th December 2021), Harmony (25th October 2022), Icare (27th December 2021), justntime2learn (27th December 2021), Pam (27th December 2021), Peace in Oz (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The dream feels like it's so real, like they are actually still alive when I wake up from the dream..
    Have you considered that they may not be "coming into your dreams" but that you might be visiting them instead ? That has a much more real feel than being in the physical & communicating / interacting with the departed as you are both in the same state as it were.

As you probably know, someone who can do that is called a Spiritwalker by the Native American people. I sometimes find myself in the realm of the dead by no real intention or plan, and it's very hard to get "it together" the following day.

Usually I find myself visiting family (such as my Gran) or friends no longer here. One time I was just watching a Rush (rock band) vid on youtube before bed & the next thing I'm stood with Neil Peart (the Drummer of Rush who died from cancer) next to his motorcycle, I'm not good at small talk & it was quite embarrassing.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (27th December 2021), Brigantia (27th December 2021), DNA (28th October 2022), Harmony (25th October 2022), Icare (27th December 2021), justntime2learn (27th December 2021), Pam (27th December 2021), wondering (27th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    I feel the presence of Mr. Everett, the gentle old man who owned my land before me. He came to me the day I toured the land and he has never left. Sometimes he speaks loudly to me, sometimes very softly. But he is always there. In trying times like now it is one of the things that helps me get through my day.

I know this was was posted a long time ago, somehow I missed this thread. This is so wonderful that you can feel this man and his connection to the land. I grew up in the city and never really knew what it was like to have a strong connection to land and the nature involved with that land until I moved to my small farm in a country setting. I so understand Mr. Everett. The part that you can feel him and the both of you can share being on that that land is just the best thing.

I love all the experiences shared on this thread.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Brigantia (27th December 2021), Harmony (25th October 2022), Icare (27th December 2021), justntime2learn (27th December 2021), wondering (27th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #73
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

Thank you for this thread which I enjoyed reading.

I had a weird experience with a ghost once.
    It was years ago. I was living on my own at the time and was going through a particularly rough patch. I hadn't been able to have a good night's sleep for several weeks because I couldn't switch my thoughts and worries off. Not long before a very good, quite fatherly friend of mine had passed on and I missed being able to talk to him. I found myself talking to him loudly a few times, never knowing whether he would hear me or not. I have no psychic abilities, so I just couldn't tell.

Then one night I was lying in bed, on my side, trying to get some sleep and just couldn't. Then something really strange happened. I could feel somebody or something enter my bedroom and got so scared I got goose bumps all over my body and was too afraid to open my eyes to try and see what was happening.
    I lay completely still and then I felt somebody or something was getting in bed behind me and embracing me. I could feel his arms (I did feel like a male energy) embracing me completely, a bit like a warm security blanket. Again I was afraid to open my eyes to look at those arms around me because I was worried they would then disappear. My goose bumps and the tension in my body disappeared completely. I remember thinking 'That's not even possible' when I considered that those arms were around me from under my body as well without any squashing or wiggling. Thinking that, I drifted off to sleep and had the first good night's sleep in weeks.

When I woke up in the morning I was alone in my bed again and felt very grateful.

I can't be sure, but I like to think that was my late fatherly friend.
    Last edited by Icare; 27th December 2021 at 21:25.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

avid (27th December 2021), Brigantia (27th December 2021), DNA (28th October 2022), Harmony (25th October 2022), Pam (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

My mom who was very psychic had a most interesting story. She grew up in the rural southern US. Her family consisted of a total 4 kids. They were very poor and had to maintain a large garden space where they grew their own vegetables.

About a month before that their dearly loved mother had died. She was pregnant and it sounded to me like she died of toxemia. My mom was 12 and the kids found her laying on the front porch dead when they came home from school.

A month later the kids were out on the property working in the garden. It was a distance from the house and down a small hill. One day all of the kids actually saw their mother. She stood atop the hill and lovingly watched the kids gardening. When they saw her and addressed her she vanished.

This was a bit unusual as all the kids saw her. I was always very moved by the story and the power of a mothers love for her kids.

Very touching experience, Icare. It sounds like you had a real friend there. One that could feel you and care for you beyond time and space.
    Last edited by Pam; 27th December 2021 at 21:43.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

avid (27th December 2021), Brigantia (27th December 2021), DNA (28th October 2022), Harmony (25th October 2022), Icare (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #75
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

Thank you for your kind words, Pam. They really touched me.

I had met him at a healing workshop. He was already a pensioner and I was in my late 30es. We lived hundreds of kilometres apart, but we kept in touch until he passed on. I experienced so much emotional support from him, it was like a gift for me.
    When he passed on, and that happened years ago, I felt, for the first time, that love does not die, emotionally I feel exactly the same for him that I felt all those years ago and I do remember trying to communicate with him after his passing. I remember asking him to contact me if he possibly could. He may have tried before the experience I described, I just wasn't able to notice it.
    I so look forward to seeing him again one day. I just know I will.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Brigantia (27th December 2021), Harmony (25th October 2022), Pam (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Icare (here)

I had met him at a healing workshop. He was already a pensioner and I was in my late 30es. We lived hundreds of kilometres apart, but we kept in touch until he passed on. I experienced so much emotional support from him, it was like a gift for me.
    When he passed on, and that happened years ago, I felt, for the first time, that love does not die, emotionally I feel exactly the same for him that I felt all those years ago and I do remember trying to communicate with him after his passing. I remember asking him to contact me if he possibly could. He may have tried before the experience I described, I just wasn't able to notice it.
    Icare, thanks for expanding further on your story. It really is a lovely, love story. The best kind of love, the love generated by true friendship.

You bring up a very good point. I wonder how much goes unnoticed. I have on numerous occasions seen my dogs looking at something. They are clearly seeing something that I am not seeing. I only notice when they have done that looking up towards the ceiling where I can clearly see nothing unusual. I have even had them bark at something. I am not claiming I know what it is, but they are definitely open to different sounds and possibly dimensions that the average person doesn't have any awareness of.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Harmony (25th October 2022), Icare (27th December 2021), Spiral (27th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Icare (here)

You will because you have such a strong connection.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Harmony (25th October 2022), Icare (27th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #78
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mart's Avatar
    Thanks

A friend of mine started a new job on Saturday 23/10/2022 as a night porter in a hotel in York UK. The hotel is in a very old historic building which has been renovated and only finished a couple of weeks ago
    He works alone and saw on the security camera something unusual. He immediately played back and recorded what he witnessed on his iphone. He sent this to me last evening as he wanted my opinion.
    For reference York is considered one of the most haunted areas of the Uk because of its long history.

Great footage of an entity possibly exploring the new renovation - i am going to see for myself this weekend

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mart For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), DNA (26th October 2022), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Sadieblue (26th October 2022), Spiral (25th October 2022)

37. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mart (here)
    A friend of mine started a new job on Saturday 23/10/2022 as a night porter in a hotel in York UK. The hotel is in a very old historic building which has been renovated and only finished a couple of weeks ago
    He works alone and saw on the security camera something unusual. He immediately played back and recorded what he witnessed on his iphone. He sent this to me last evening as he wanted my opinion.
    For reference York is considered one of the most haunted areas of the Uk because of its long history.

Great footage of an entity possibly exploring the new renovation - i am going to see for myself this weekend
    Unfortunately the video is private so we can't see it, you'll need to change the settings on youtube.

York is indeed very haunted, not least the Roman legionnaires story.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), DNA (26th October 2022), Harmony (25th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023)

39. Link to Post #80
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mart's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks Spiral, hopefully this should be viewable now
    Best wishes
    Martin

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mart For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Spiral (25th October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast