+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen or felt the presence of the dead?

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Default Re: Have you ever seen or felt the presence of the dead?

I used to play with Ouija boards until I found out through harrowing experience that they really worked.

Now I don't fark with the dead in my waking life. I just send love and respect to my Honored Ancestors and am grateful for their presence whenever I feel it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), justntime2learn (26th October 2022), Spiral (25th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

3. Link to Post #82
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by Mart (here)
    thanks Spiral, hopefully this should be viewable now
    Best wishes
    Martin
    Yes it's working fine now.

That is an odd bit of video, normally I'd say tiny spider or fly too close to the camera to be in focus, but this doesn't really look or move like that.

Are you taking any special ghost hunting equipment or are you just going to get the feel of the place ?

I'll probably be in York myself on Sunday, small world isn't it.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), pyrangello (26th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

5. Link to Post #83
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,975 times in 1,342 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (here)
    I used to play with Ouija boards until I found out through harrowing experience that they really worked.

Now I don't fark with the dead in my waking life. I just send love and respect to my Honored Ancestors and am grateful for their presence whenever I feel it.
    My husband was freaked out by a ouija board when he was a kid. With some friends they set up a hand-drawn 'board' on paper and the glass started moving, but there was a ridge at the join of the table (it was one of those extending ones) and the glass kept nudging up against it and couldn't move further.

They all started giggling, then the glass suddenly flew and smashed against the wall. They never larked about with ouija after that.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), justntime2learn (26th October 2022), Mark (25th October 2022), Patient (25th October 2022), pyrangello (26th October 2022), Spiral (25th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    They all started giggling, then the glass suddenly flew and smashed against the wall. They never larked about with ouija after that.
    My experience wasn't that violent, but it was that extreme. I took it out back to the grill and burnt it after that.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), justntime2learn (26th October 2022), Patient (25th October 2022), pyrangello (26th October 2022), Spiral (25th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

9. Link to Post #85
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

I wonder...do you think that the "veil" between the worlds is thinning?

OR are more people messing around with witchcraft, ouija boards and stuff.

I think it might be a combination of both - more people are making themselves vulnerable to spirit entities and more spirits and demons are stirring up.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), pyrangello (26th October 2022), Spiral (27th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

11. Link to Post #86
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    I wonder...do you think that the "veil" between the worlds is thinning?

OR are more people messing around with witchcraft, ouija boards and stuff.

I think it might be a combination of both - more people are making themselves vulnerable to spirit entities and more spirits and demons are stirring up.
    Yes, possibly the veil between the worlds is thinning; the times we're living through now do have the feel of something apocalyptic. It feels like opposing forces are gathering.

We saw the 'Harry Potter' generation who thought it would be cool to play at witches and wizards, but with no idea of protection. (My personal view - I think that was the point of those books and subsequent films, to get kids to do that.) The problem with messing with unseen forces is that you have to have a good grounding of protection as you could be calling anything through with media such as a ouija board; you just don't know what is waiting for an opening.

It's hard to stay balanced and positive in these times but I'm giving it a darn good try; a lot of people seem to be losing it and can't cope with their previously ordered lives turned upside down. It doesn't help if there are people who think it's a blast to summon up dark forces.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2023), Gwin Ru (25th October 2022), Harmony (26th October 2022), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), pyrangello (26th October 2022), Spiral (27th October 2022), sunflower (31st March 2023), wondering (27th October 2022)

13. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

As weird as this may sound I have spoken to the dead my entire life. I do not see them but they are speaking with me as clearly as if we were sitting at the same table. I have never known when someone is going to show up or what is going to be discussed. The vast majority of these conversations are interesting but rather uninspiring. They never last more than 3-4 minutes. . Most of the time these conversations take place within a month of their passing but on occasion, people will show up years later to discuss much broader issues. These people have been family members, friends, and many others I only knew casually through work or social functions, One thing I have always understood which comes through in every conversation is that we are all connected not just to each other but to everything. When family members died I never felt a burning loss like so many others describe. I have felt a fairly significant level of sadness that only lasted a brief time. I understood from a very young age that the death of the human body is really only a transition into another level of spirituality or otherworldliness. When these people/souls enter my life unexpectedly I am never alarmed, I am quite comfortable.

I have never shared this information with family or friends, I have always thought people would find it strange and feel uncomfortable.

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Antagenet (2nd April 2023), Brigantia (26th October 2022), Eva2 (25th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Gwin Ru (25th October 2022), Harmony (26th October 2022), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (26th October 2022), justntime2learn (26th October 2022), Mark (25th October 2022), Orph (25th October 2022), Patient (25th October 2022), pyrangello (26th October 2022), Rosemarie (26th October 2022), Spiral (27th October 2022), sunflower (31st March 2023), wondering (27th October 2022)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

For some years now, I often see (clarity varies at particular time and with how I'm feeling) scenes, vistas, people usually going about their business in bygone times. I've seen a few scenes of what looks like Europe anywhere from 15th century to scenes from around the world that look like they are dated from mid 1800's to 1960s/70's. I get a lot of nature scenes moving and taking me on a sort of journey through forests, over water, up mountains, etc. A lot of activities the people are involved in are pretty mundane such as cutting hair in a barber shop, riding s bike/walking along a country road, driving cars, window shopping, etc., etc. Its all good entertainment but I really don't see the value in it for me - just a curious phenomenon and a bit of diversion. I've also seen at times some dark stuff which I don't like in my personal space. Hope I'm not collecting attachments!

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Brigantia (26th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Gwin Ru (25th October 2022), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), justntime2learn (26th October 2022), pyrangello (26th October 2022), rgray222 (25th October 2022), Spiral (27th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

17. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

As a very close friend told me once, never play with a Ouija board , ever. Asking to connect with a spirit of unknown origin could be your worst relationship ever because as she told me "once they attach to you , you won't be able to get rid of them, and they could be 1000 years old" . She was very wise and special. There have Been many times where I have walked into a room and the hair stands up on my neck., there's my signal someone is here or many. Up to you at that point how you deal with it.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Brigantia (26th October 2022), Eva2 (26th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), justntime2learn (26th October 2022), Mark (26th October 2022), Pam (1st April 2023), Spiral (27th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    As a very close friend told me once, never play with a Ouija board , ever. Asking to connect with a spirit of unknown origin could be your worst relationship ever because as she told me "once they attach to you , you won't be able to get rid of them, and they could be 1000 years old" . She was very wise and special. There have Been many times where I have walked into a room and the hair stands up on my neck., there's my signal someone is here or many. Up to you at that point how you deal with it.
    Actually I do think you can get rid of them although some are tougher to "extract". I think its difficult to live in this reality without getting hijacked at some point and we probably bring a few with us from past lives?

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Brigantia (26th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (26th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Mark (26th October 2022), Pam (1st April 2023), Spiral (27th October 2022), True Angel (2nd April 2023), wondering (27th October 2022)

21. Link to Post #91
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mart's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks Spiral , yes it is a certainly odd
    No im going just to spend some time there as my friend will be working. I don't want to be invasive in any way but will project love and light.
    Enjoy York its a fab city , i live by the Knavesmire which is where public hangings took place from a gallows erected in 1379, which projects a hugely different energy
    A lot of activity here, one in particular where i was walking my dog at night and all i could hear was galloping horses, lots of them.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mart For This Post:

Brigantia (27th October 2022), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Pam (1st April 2023), Spiral (27th October 2022), wondering (27th October 2022)

23. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member True Angel's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default A Ghost Laughed At Me

I was about ten years old and lived in an apartment that was a little spooky.

One early morning I woke up and stood in the doorway of the tiny dungeon of a room I shared with my older brother. I don't know why I got out of bed.

Straight away I heard loud footsteps walking out of the nearby bathroom. They echoed as they came closer. Soon, I saw a ghost; it was clearly a tall, male figure about 6'4", muscular, handsome, bald and a light-skinned African-American. So vivid!

He wore--as I remember it--a white T-shirt and pants, and his entire 'body' was surrounded by an unearthly white glow. It was like he belonged to another dimension. I was frightened, of course. And that fool ghost somehow knew I was scared, and he literally laughed out loud at my fear.

I stood in that doorway for about 2 long minutes as it took its time crossing the length of the kitchen, passing by just two and a half feet away, while I quaked in my socks. Laughed! And I heard his voice as an external voice that echoed but was not nearly as echoey as his feet. Which were bare.

My grandmother's room was the very next room. It had an open bookcase built into the wall and a doorless doorway--only the bathroom had a door (I think), and it was always open. She usually kept a light on in her bedroom (I can imagine why, now), and so it softly lit the narrow kitchen. After the ghost went who knows where, I heard my grandmother calmly tell me to go back to bed. Didn't want a beating, so I guess I went back to bed. I don't think I made a sound; I was too scared to move. Maybe I called out to her. I still wonder how she knew I was standing there. I never saw her peek through the bookcase or even get up out of bed. Anyway, this is all I remember of that night.

Later that morning when my brother got up (we shared the bed in that room), I told him about what I saw and heard. He asked for a description and when I finished, he said, "Oh, that's the old caretaker. This used to be his apartment".

Never saw the ghost again, and seeing it traumatized me so bad, my mind blocked the event--well tried to. When I approached age 18 and anyone asked me if I ever saw a ghost, I would say "No". Even as I denied having ever seen a ghost, an image of that caretaker walking in my direction would faintly flash into my memory, and I never grasped what I was seeing until I was in my twenties when I finally remembered the event.

That was my first remembered experience of seeing a dead person that interacted with me.

Oh, I almost forgot. I think the reason I could hear the ghost was because I was clairaudient. But I had no concept of psychic ability until I reached my early 20s and began reading such topics.

Last edited by True Angel; 31st March 2023 at 18:25.
    I once had repeat dreams of falling down the stairs of my apt. bldg. After I DID fall down them, the dreams ended.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to True Angel For This Post:

Brigantia (31st March 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Miller (1st April 2023), Orph (1st April 2023), Pam (1st April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (5th April 2023), Vangelo (1st April 2023)

25. Link to Post #93
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Would love to hear about your Ouija board experience(s). Luv your photo, btw.
    I once had repeat dreams of falling down the stairs of my apt. bldg. After I DID fall down them, the dreams ended.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to True Angel For This Post:

Brigantia (31st March 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Miller (1st April 2023), Pam (1st April 2023)

27. Link to Post #94
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

I've sensed discarnate entities in various scenarios. But one of the most memorable, was when I was visiting friends who were living at the old Edgar Cayce house in Virginia Beach, VA (1975-6?) - before it was torn down.
    In the kitchen, built where the old brick document vault was, abutted another room. As I entered that room, I felt an incredible sense of it being packed with entities broadcasting their inquiries and pleas for assistance. Perhaps the old fireproof vault had an attraction to them, and they gathered around it. I don't have an explanation.

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by True Angel (here)

Would love to hear about your Ouija board experience(s). Luv your photo, btw.
    A bit off topic but welcome to the forum True Angel!!!

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Brigantia (1st April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Miller (1st April 2023), pabranno (1st April 2023), True Angel (2nd April 2023)

30. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 times in 567 posts

I never believed in ghosts or angels until this happened...

When my dear aunt died, she let us all know she was there with us the afternoon after we buried her. First let me state that she hated it when people cooked in her kitchen, after all, it was her kitchen. She also had a prized collection of antique blue glass bottles in the kitchen that she collected throughout her life. They were kept on the very top shelf on the other side of the room away from the stove and sink. It was an open shelf just under the ceiling which was difficult to get to because it was high up. The shelf also had 4 posts so that the only way to remove the shelf was to lift it up 1/2 inch over the posts.

When we returned from the cemetery after her burial, about 10 of us were in her kitchen cooking a late lunch for everyone. We were all chatting to each other as we prepared some part of the meal when suddenly, the shelf and the collection of blue bottles shattered to the floor. No one was near that wall or shelf when that happened. And, as I mentioned, the only way to move that shelf was to lift it up 1/2 inch from the four posts that held it in place. We concluded that Aunt Mary was telling us to get out of HER kitchen :-)

That evening, my wife had a beautiful dream about my Aunt Mary and her sister (my other Aunt). My wife told my other Aunt about the dream. She immediately burst into tears because the dream exactly recounted a wish that my Aunt Mary had when she was a little girl. The only other person who knew about that wish was my other Aunt. It was a secret the two of them kept their entire lives.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Brigantia (1st April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Miller (1st April 2023), Orph (1st April 2023), pabranno (1st April 2023), True Angel (2nd April 2023)

32. Link to Post #97
    Language
    English
    Thanks

After my grandmother passed over, I was sitting alone and trying to remember the names of her three West Highland terriers. She used to breed them, but when she stopped that she kept three. I got two of the names but I couldn't remember the third.

Then I heard her voice, right next to my ear and as clear as a bell - "it was Wendy".

Ah yes, that was it. Whoah!
    Last edited by Brigantia; 1st April 2023 at 20:46. Reason: Typo

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2023), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Miller (1st April 2023), Orph (1st April 2023), Seeclearly (2nd April 2023), True Angel (2nd April 2023), Vangelo (2nd April 2023)

34. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Revisiting this thread has reminded me of something that I was told by one of the most proficient tarot readers I have ever met and who is highly intuitive. I trained with her for a while, she was very no-nonsense and I don't believe that she was the type to invent stories.

She was doing a reading for a woman and the spirit of an old man appeared by the door. He was very agitated and she asked the client if she knew the man, describing him. The client told her that it sounded like her uncle who had recently died suddenly. The message that the man passed on to her was, "check under the boards of the stairs".

The client later contacted the tarot reader to say that they had checked under the stair boards and had found his hidden stash of £10,000. They were just a week away from completing the sale of the house!
    Last edited by Brigantia; 1st April 2023 at 21:16.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2023), Icare (8th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Orph (1st April 2023), Seeclearly (2nd April 2023), True Angel (2nd April 2023), Vangelo (2nd April 2023)

36. Link to Post #99
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My apologies, Pam. Me so sorry for reading that wrong.

I was wrong, right? Just teasin'. Thank you for the welcome.
    Last edited by True Angel; 2nd April 2023 at 07:34.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to True Angel For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Vangelo (2nd April 2023)

38. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

Quote Posted by True Angel (here)
    What!? You guys don't ask questions in these forums? That is one way to learn and understand. This person might share something similar to what I or someone else has experienced. What is the point of a forum if questions can't be asked? I don't get your comment. Sorry, I am here to learn and grow spiritually. That means milking people for more info. LOL. I want people to ask me questions about my experiences. Of course, I don't have to answer. Now, This post is off-topic. So, Mods, delete it. No problem.
    I think Pam meant her 'welcome' comment was a bit off topic, not your question. I disagree with Pam . So, Hi, welcome to the forum.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Blastolabs (2nd April 2023), Jambo (9th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), True Angel (2nd April 2023), Vangelo (2nd April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast