Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Mandela Effect and alternative timelines

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 times in 310 posts

Default Re: The Mandela Effect and alternative timelines

For those who are experiencing this phenomenon... I am just curious:

Do you feel like you are inherently in the wrong timeline/place/life? I have been having a sense of being out of place for a long time now. That sense has been heightened in light of recent tragedy in my life. (Call it the denial phase of grief, if you like, but I felt it before this. It's just been amplified now).
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

This has been a great topic and a very interesting event (whatever the event actually was). It is not faulty memory. Of course some people do not remember things well, but this is not that.

When first discussing the Mandela Effect, one of the topics was C-3PO from Star wars. I originally recalled him being all gold, then the Mandela effect came along and he had one silver leg (I think it was his left leg.) I remember many people getting really worked up about this as Star Wars being the iconic film, people saw the movie many times. Suddenly in books, VHS Tapes, etc., C-3PO had a silver leg.

We recently got the Disney Channel and yesterday I started to watch the Star Wars movie (the first one that was released) and there was R2D2 and C-3PO and C-3PO was all gold again.

This could easily have been altered for the release on the Disney Channel, but why would they change it if it was meant to have a silver leg?

I quickly looked online and there are just way too many explanations posted now to weigh through. I have my memory and recall other people losing their minds over it. I recall one guy who released a video on you tube - he had heard about the silver leg discussion and he was positive that C-3PO was all gold. So he gets out his old VHS tape and plays it ands then we see C-3PO with a silver leg. The guy went nuts!

I don't have any old collectables ( I think I have a book of photos from the movie somewhere) but in the meantime, does anyone else have a copy of the DVD or VHS that they can reference to see what colour C-3PO's leg is?

Due to the fact that the governments of the world have been corrupted, and the attempts to have war again in the middle east, I am wondering if we are, or have been, flipping back and forth from timeline to timeline.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2021), Forest Denizen (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (27th May 2021), iota (27th May 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (27th May 2021), mountain_jim (27th May 2021), RunningDeer (27th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    This has been a great topic and a very interesting event (whatever the event actually was). It is not faulty memory. Of course some people do not remember things well, but this is not that.

When first discussing the Mandela Effect, one of the topics was C-3PO from Star wars. I originally recalled him being all gold, then the Mandela effect came along and he had one silver leg (I think it was his left leg.) I remember many people getting really worked up about this as Star Wars being the iconic film, people saw the movie many times. Suddenly in books, VHS Tapes, etc., C-3PO had a silver leg.

We recently got the Disney Channel and yesterday I started to watch the Star Wars movie (the first one that was released) and there was R2D2 and C-3PO and C-3PO was all gold again.

This could easily have been altered for the release on the Disney Channel, but why would they change it if it was meant to have a silver leg?

I quickly looked online and there are just way too many explanations posted now to weigh through. I have my memory and recall other people losing their minds over it. I recall one guy who released a video on you tube - he had heard about the silver leg discussion and he was positive that C-3PO was all gold. So he gets out his old VHS tape and plays it ands then we see C-3PO with a silver leg. The guy went nuts!

I don't have any old collectables ( I think I have a book of photos from the movie somewhere) but in the meantime, does anyone else have a copy of the DVD or VHS that they can reference to see what colour C-3PO's leg is?

Due to the fact that the governments of the world have been corrupted, and the attempts to have war again in the middle east, I am wondering if we are, or have been, flipping back and forth from timeline to timeline.
    i bought the toy for my sons ... it was all gold .. no silver leg ... i still have boxes of their toys .. i will look but it won't be an incontrovertible determining factor, because in my old Bible, the verses are changed .. in print ~ black and white ... and i memorized those ... they were favorites i locked in my heart ... so .. sigh ..

also, on Star Wars theme the famous line, "Luke, I am your father" was a line i myself quoted over and over. and we, the "Mandela affected" are NOT the only ones to remember it this way. James Earl Jones remembered it THIS way as well ...

i just REALLY want to go back to Sag Arm earth ... i didn't consent to be brought here ... and i don't belong here ...

there people were kind and good and loving and joyful and hopeful and we were FREE
    '
    i miss them and the warmth of their light in this bleakness that perplexes me continuously ...

sometimes i worry that Wes was right .. as in "past tense"

like maybe our consciousness was ALREADY "uploaded" and we are not even "us" anymore

i know, i often don't feel like "me"

i went a period of time where i let my voicemails pile up past 200 (yes google voice apparently goes past 200 vmails ~ this is before i walked away from them completely)

anyway the reason being is that i would look down and see who was calling and think:

"i know who you are looking for ... but she is NOT 'here'
    i don't know where she went
    or when she'll be back
    and i'm waiting for her too"

i wasn't being mean, or uncaring, i just didn't want to disappoint them. they were looking for a dynamic version of me that now operated as a "dim" version if that makes sense?

what it occurred/occurs as is like having watched a movie, so you know the whole plot and all the details and you can kind of be "drawn in" on some parts but on some just no emotional connection to the events or people involved

like that

i know all the details, well most, but there is much i lack the emotional connection to. and i'm a pisces .. water ... emotions ... an empath even ... it is literally NOT "me" to NOT have an "emotional connection" to well ... everything ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	sometimes i wish i could just rewind back to the old days and press pause (4-6-20) ~ 21 (6).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	46737
    Last edited by iota; 27th May 2021 at 05:04. Reason: found and added video
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2021), ClearWater (27th May 2021), Forest Denizen (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (27th May 2021), Journeyman (27th May 2021), mountain_jim (27th May 2021), Patient (27th May 2021), RunningDeer (27th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Hi, Patient.

I watched the original trilogy so many times as a child, I find it difficult to believe I never noticed he had a silver leg. I can also still hear Vader’s voice saying, “Luke, I am your father”, not “No, I am your father”.

Anyway, I don’t have a VHS but I did a search on vintage toys and the results are curious. All the actual vintage toys are gold. I saw some toys with a silver leg but they are marketed as new toy models of the vintage version of C-3PO (ie from the first three movies that were released).
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 27th May 2021 at 05:00.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th May 2021), ClearWater (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), iota (27th May 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (27th May 2021), Patient (27th May 2021), RunningDeer (27th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

There’s gotta be a way to nut this Mandela effect out. I feel it’s a foolish error to treat it like a past fad topic, like déjà vu, it has the potential to teach us crucial facts about reality. But we can’t play it safe, we have to be willing to make mistakes, appear foolish and dissolve limitations and boundaries. Perhaps this post would better suit an Experiencers thread, IDK. I know we’re gonna be ok, somehow, but whatever happens isn’t gonna happen without our participation. I’m sure that by now Avalonians have a clearer way forward, each doing what we can, each bringing our talents to the table. But there appears to still be a sense of helplessness, sadness etc. around. I get that, so why are we spending so much energy on worldly affairs and the physical realm and so little on the level playing field? I’m not saying not to be aware of the environment in which we are living, just that it’s the end result, that action is the final step of creation, and there’s a whole process that comes before that and we seem to be neglecting that part of the cycle.

Anyway, back to C3PO. There are residuals, like this Live Aid concert where Freddie sings “of the world” at the end of the song. I’m thinking the vintage toys are a residual.

This is a video from the 1978 Oscars, from their offical YT channel, so it’s not some random who edited it. It’s hard to see in that light but if you look closely you can see the leg is silver. Not an original VHS of one of the movies, but a solid substitute. So, as it stands now, he had a silver leg in this timeline.

Arguments against the gold leg are as follows.
    The silver leg doesn’t look that different from the gold leg, if we weren’t looking for it we wouldn’t notice. True, but not in all scenes. It’s really obvious in the scenes where it’s visible when they’re on the ship.

The toys were all gold because the toys weren’t very realistic back in the 70s and it was cheaper to paint them one colour. False. Toys were generally of a higher quality. My aunt bought me a remote controlled R2-D2, it was very high quality. I don’t recall how old I was, I was little, it was likely from the 70s, if not then early 80s at the latest.

I get that people who haven’t experienced this effect don’t believe it, I didn’t think much of it until I experienced it myself. The arguments debunking it are invalid. The older I get the less I trust my memory, but vivid memories are vivid, end of. Also, when you show another person the new version, who remembers it the exact same way you and every one else does, it’s undeniable. Exactly the same way, like with Vader, they say it exactly the same way he originally did. It was one of the most dramatic moments out of the original three, shocking actually. Shocks generate vivid memories. Not to mention the arguments are insulting, like we just desperately want to believe in the effect so much that we’re incapable of thinking critically. When you see it’s changed it actually freaks you out and you go looking for explanations yourself and can see that’s how many others react also. Attempts to explain it simply don’t successfully do so.

So, I’m thinking we have to update our idea of timelines and the nature of physical reality. The implications are that timelines are not linear and while it appears we are sharing the one space, we must not be, since some of the collective experience it one way, while others experience it another. My theory (not just mine) is that we are each creating this entire reality. We think we are all on this one planet together, created by something else (pick your theory) but experience suggests we are each creating the whole thing and everything is a projection or reflection of ourselves, like in typical dreams. That’s not to say nobody else is real, everyone is still real, it just means reality is created very differently from how it seems.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 27th May 2021 at 08:43.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

bennycog (27th May 2021), Bill Ryan (27th May 2021), ClearWater (27th May 2021), EarthGirl (27th May 2021), Forest Denizen (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), iota (30th May 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (27th May 2021), Journeyman (27th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2021), Patient (27th May 2021), RunningDeer (27th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,501 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Anyway, back to C3PO.
    Ah yes, 3PO's one silver leg. That was my WTF moment with regards to the Mandela Effect. At least at the time. I was and still am a big Star Wars fan (nerd), growing up with these films, watching them dozens of times over almost wearing out the tape! There's some earlier discussion on this (the silver leg) back here in the first Mandela Effect thread.

I can confirm that the silver leg is there on my old VHS copies of the original 'A New Hope', which I've had since the 1980s when it first became available for retail. Same for 'Empire' and 'Jedi'. If I ever did notice the silver leg, it never registered. When it emerged as part of the Mandela effect theory it kind of blew my mind. How did that slip by unnoticed? How did I not notice? But it is indisputable: 3PO always did have one silver leg.

A New Hope
    Name:  c3po_silver_leg_newHopee3f061166.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  51.8 KB

The Empire Strikes Back

Name:	c3po_silver_leg_TESunnamed.jpg
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	46742

Return of the Jedi

Name:	c3po_silver_leg_jedi.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	46744

Faulty memory or timeline chicanery? My answer remains: I do think it highly, highly likely it's the former. For the following reasons. First, how many scenes depict 3P0 in a full body shot? Not many. The vast majority of his scenes are head and shoulders or waist up. You rarely see a decent shot of his legs. Second, in the old days I watched SW on what is now pretty ropey quality VHS. So I'm not that surprised I didn't notice. Colours didn't much pop out like they do now. Not only was the definition low, but the resolution. TVs were small wooden boxes in the corner of the living room. They didn't take up half the wall as they do today. It wasn't until the re-mastered, digital, HD, revolution that this was even detected (and became a talking-point) in fandom. So I do really think it was always there.

I can also still hear Vader’s voice saying, “Luke, I am your father”, not “No, I am your father”.
    With respect, that definitely is faulty memory. It's exactly the same when people believe they remember the lines, 'Play it again, Sam', or 'Beam me up, Scotty,' when neither line was ever said on screen.

Name:	luke_i_am_your_father.jpeg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	46745

Consider the whole famous exchange in this scene - particularly Luke's preceding line. Does it fit?
    Vader: "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father..."
    Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Vader: "Luke, I am your father."
    People don't take into account the whole scene. Because this absolutely does not fit AT ALL. It is, and always was:
    Vader: "No, I am your father."
    Think about it. When shown in context side by side the addition of "Luke" is erroneous. It ruins the flow of the dialogue and sounds, just, well silly. For "Luke" to be in there you would have to rewrite ALL the other lines that led up to it. If one wishes to do so and convince me that's how the scene played out, by all means go ahead, but it would be fan fiction. Luke's lead in was always: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!" And Vader's response was always, "No, I am your father."

'Luke' was simply inserted to make the line more quotable, so when repeated by fans it would quickly and easily carry the desired context. Same as 'Play is again, Sam', or 'Beam me up, Scotty', or 'Elementary, my dear Watson.' But these are all socially constructed fictions - but because they reference the movies/characters immediately, they become a convenient catchphrase.

Such quotes embed themselves in culture, and over time people become convinced they were the original line. This is actually how memory implants work, how brainwashing works. Repeat an untruth enough times and it literally becomes the new truth, and no amount of proof to the contrary will convince the mind otherwise. The CIA figured this out in the 50's, and have been employing their mind-magic against us ever since.

That's personally what I think A LOT of these Mandela effect things are (not CIA), but memory distortion. Perhaps not all so-called Mandela effects. There maybe something to it with some of them (somewhere, somehow) ...just not with misremembered movie quotes!
    Last edited by Mark (Star Mariner); 27th May 2021 at 14:21.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (27th May 2021), mountain_jim (27th May 2021), RunningDeer (27th May 2021), Tintin (27th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The Berenstein vs Berenstain Bears is my strongest one (along with with the James Bond movie with the end scene with Dolly, which now does not make sense).

We had kids that watched the BERENSTEIN BEARS cartoons on a daily basis for years. And we read them the books. I even had a book stored away and when I unpacked it to look, it had changed to Berenstain Bears.

All of those people that did not experience the effect themselves will argue because they were not affected by the changes. Their memories are correct. So are mine.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), EarthGirl (27th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (27th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

...Anyway, I don’t have a VHS but I did a search on vintage toys and the results are curious. All the actual vintage toys are gold. I saw some toys with a silver leg but they are marketed as new toy models of the vintage version of C-3PO (ie from the first three movies that were released).
    This is a photo of my sisters, brother, son (bottom, right) and myself in California, 1980.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th May 2021 at 20:08.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alecs (29th May 2021), Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), EarthGirl (27th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (28th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2021), Patient (27th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Faulty memory or timeline chicanery? My answer remains: I do think it highly, highly likely it's the former. For the following reasons. First, how many scenes depict 3P0 in a full body shot? Not many. The vast majority of his scenes are head and shoulders or waist up. You rarely see a decent shot of his legs. Second, in the old days I watched SW on what is now pretty ropey quality VHS. So I'm not that surprised I didn't notice. Colours didn't much pop out like they do now. Not only was the definition low, but the resolution. TVs were small wooden boxes in the corner of the living room. They didn't take up half the wall as they do today. It wasn't until the re-mastered, digital, HD, revolution that this was even detected (and became a talking-point) in fandom. So I do really think it was always there.
    Bear with me, I want to keep thoughts and opinions completely out of this when it comes to conclusions. Any conclusions need to be purely evidence based, as tricky as that is with the Mandela effect. There’s a good collection of possible Mandela effects, some can be explained, others can’t. Evidence will quickly rule out ones that definitely aren’t a Mandela effect. Evidence will also make clear exactly what we do and don’t know about the Mandela effect. We may end up concluding that it’s been proven to be real, or that there’s no way to prove it and know for certain, or that it can’t be ruled out, or that there’s nothing to it at all and we have a solid explanation for the phenomenon, but without evidence based conclusions we’ll just go around in circles. I’ll not be disappointed to see there’s nothing to it if that’s the case, but it’s disappointing to recognise the potential for learning either way and it not having been properly examined.

Ok, to what I’ve quoted of you above. Very good points, I’m listening. Two problems though. Even with your valid points it’s too much of a stretch to believe we never noticed. Remember the world back then, generally speaking, we weren’t exposed to a lot of information or media. General knowledge was big, no Google. We had the drive in, the movie theatres, TV, and VHS, so not endless choices of movies and shows to watch. We’d watch some movies from our collections over and over again, there were popular movies like ET, Gremlins, and one of the top ones was Star Wars. Another example of how we were was we knew all the technology that was available to the mainstream because it was easy to keep up with, it was a much smaller world. But C-3PO had a silver leg and we totally missed it (even in theatres, even the audience at the Oscars, and were there any other public appearances?), it didn’t become a part of our excellent general knowledge on popular culture? Nope, good points but we need more to rule it out.

What about the vintage toys? Can we find a single toy from back then with a silver leg? Do we have solid evidence to explain that (production line limitations or whatever)? If not then we have a strong example of a residual. If so then we can mark this one down as inconclusive, unless there’s some form of evidence to completely rule it out.

Quote Consider the whole famous exchange in this scene - particularly Luke's preceding line. Does it fit?
    Yes, both fit. Luke said his lines and then Vader’s response didn’t flow from Luke like it does now. You know how someone upset will go off on a tangent and you say their name to focus their attention and put a stop to it and then follow it with a statement to correct them and the direction of the discussion? It was like that, that’s what he did originally, so it was like this.

Vader: "Luke. I am your father."

Quote Luke' was simply inserted to make the line more quotable, so when repeated by fans it would quickly and easily carry the desired context. Same as 'Play is again, Sam', or 'Beam me up, Scotty', or 'Elementary, my dear Watson.' But these are all socially constructed fictions - but because they reference the movies/characters immediately, they become a convenient catchphrase.

Such quotes embed themselves in culture, and over time people become convinced they were the original line. This is actually how memory implants work, how brainwashing works. Repeat an untruth enough times and it literally becomes the new truth, and no amount of proof to the contrary will convince the mind otherwise. The CIA figured this out in the 50's, and have been employing their mind-magic against us ever since.
    Really good point. Another good example is the misquoted “what if I told you” line from Morpheus in The Matrix. Noted.

One problem with that though, I do still vividly hear the original line in my head, the same way I can still hear my grandmother’s voice singing me to sleep. Does the brainwashing do that? That would be good to know. And then there’s this....

So James Earl Jones misremembered or misquoted the line himself, while discussing the actual line? It’s possible but in that first clip he even sounds super close to how he said it in the movie, just slightly less emphasis. And as you can see, it surprised him too, it’s memorable for him too. We need evidence that these clips have been tampered with or we can’t rule this out.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 28th May 2021 at 04:52. Reason: Added point, added text, clarification

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

All of those people that did not experience the effect themselves will argue because they were not affected by the changes. Their memories are correct. So are mine.
    Exactly.

Pretty sure this was discussed earlier in the thread. Question to anyone who remembers. Risky Business, Tom Cruise, famous dance scene, begins by sliding on his feet into view - what was he wearing?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 times in 725 posts

One thing I know for sure, Jaws' nerdy little girlfriend Dolly had braces, and they were bigger than in the clip I found on YT.

You Can't Talk and Listen at the Same Time

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Richter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (28th May 2021), meat suit (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,754 times in 2,614 posts

I 100% remember Dolly's braces and I asked the person I saw the movie with if they remember, the answer 100% yes. We both laughed at the scene when we first saw it, that's what made it funny.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (28th May 2021), meat suit (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

For me personally the strongest case is Queen’s “we are the champions” because of the nature of it and the form of the evidence. It’s music, it’s Queen, it’s Freddie, and it’s “we are the champions”, its popularity is astronomical.

We know from studying that putting what we need to remember to a tune is a highly effective way to drill something into our minds. Everyone knows who Queen is, everyone knows that song, and anyone who was around in the 80s has likely heard that song many, many times now. Also, that was the most fun ending of a song to sing, too many memories of singing that with others, arms stretched out and everything.

For anyone not familiar with this Mandela effect case, he originally ended the song with “of the world” after “we are the champions” and a pause. Here’s the original version from the Live Aid concert.

Now it just ends with “we are the champions”. Here it is as it is now.

First I went looking online to find any copies of the original, thinking he may have sung two versions and we’d been singing along with the more fun one, hence the far more popular one, the whole time, but I could only find the Live Aid version.

Well Live Aid was a huge deal. It was broadcast around the world, all the most popular bands and singers were involved in it, perhaps that ended up being the most played and imprinted version. Perhaps the version on my computer I’d listened to and played to my son so many times was actually the Live Aid version, even though I didn’t recall hearing the crowd. I checked my iTunes library at the time to be certain and it wasn’t the live version, it was from a compilation album (Greatest Hits, IIRC). It was now the new version.

Has anyone always known that song as it is now?
    Does anyone know of a version of the song that ends with the words, “of the world”, other than from the Live Aid concert?
    Can anyone tear this Mandela case apart?

Perhaps the most efficient way to come to any solid conclusions is to choose one compelling Mandela case and give it our best shot at debunking it? We could keep doing that until there’s one we can’t debunk and then explore it to see if there’s any way to actually prove it, we may end up with a highly compelling case at least. If we can do that we could conclude the Mandela effect is real and then it’s just a matter of how many other cases are legit.

BTW, anyone know of any serious Mandela effect researchers?

That’s about all I have to contribute to the discussion for now. I have a lot of directly acquired knowledge from being a prolific experiencer and have a diverse range of experiences to draw from, so I have an unusually keen and expanded sense of what’s possible, but my intellect is nothing special. We need someone really smart, critical and grounded on this, even if it’s just to see if they can pull it to pieces.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 28th May 2021 at 04:22.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Hym (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

I can also still hear Vader’s voice saying, “Luke, I am your father”, not “No, I am your father”.
    With respect, that definitely is faulty memory. It's exactly the same when people believe they remember the lines, 'Play it again, Sam', or 'Beam me up, Scotty,' when neither line was ever said on screen.
    Sorry, Star Mariner, I just realised I completely missed this. Ok, that’s interesting, however it’s also exactly the same as real memories (my grandmother’s singing as an example). I’m guessing there’s no way to distinguish between real and faulty, so how can it be determined as definitely faulty without this Mandela case being definitively debunked?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th May 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Hym (28th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

That's personally what I think A LOT of these Mandela effect things are (not CIA), but memory distortion. Perhaps not all so-called Mandela effects. There maybe something to it with some of them (somewhere, somehow) ...just not with misremembered movie quotes!
    I agree on the quotes and you've cited some good examples with Casablanca and Star Trek. Like misremembered lyrics, the internet and in particular meme culture has helped to strengthen and reinforce mistaken impressions until we can believe we recall something, even when we're actually recalling the faulty reproduction.

However, I don't believe this covers all of them. I don't believe 3PO had a silver leg. Star Wars is slightly problematic because of the messing around Lucas did with the original trilogy, but as I've learned more I've come to view George Lucas and his output with considerably more suspicion over the years. I don't think it's a coincidence that Disney bought the rights to Star Wars, along with their virtual lock on kids movies and Marvel they have massive levers to pull on the collective consciousness and I believe this is central to the management of this world.

There's a few of the Mandela effects which resonate very strongly with me. The scene with 'Jaws' and the girl with braces in the James Bond 'Moonraker' movie would be one. The Ford logo is another. Some map elements apppear different, Sol seems like in a different part of Milky Way etc etc. 'Sex and the City' is one I'm less convinced by. I thought the book was always this and the tv series changed it to 'Sex in the City' to sex it up a bit but I never read the former and tried to avoid the latter...

[QUOTE=iota;1430586]
    i know, i often don't feel like "me"

i went a period of time where i let my voicemails pile up past 200 (yes google voice apparently goes past 200 vmails ~ this is before i walked away from them completely)

anyway the reason being is that i would look down and see who was calling and think:

"i know who you are looking for ... but she is NOT 'here'
    i don't know where she went
    or when she'll be back
    and i'm waiting for her too"

i wasn't being mean, or uncaring, i just didn't want to disappoint them. they were looking for a dynamic version of me that now operated as a "dim" version if that makes sense?

what it occurred/occurs as is like having watched a movie, so you know the whole plot and all the details and you can kind of be "drawn in" on some parts but on some just no emotional connection to the events or people involved
    I went through a somewhat similar experience. I felt like I died and all the messages etc from friends and acquaintances were for someone else. I used to think this was related to events in my own life and to an extent of course it was, but there was a deeper subliminal feeling which changed circa 2013. I've since looked at things like the colour of the sun or aspects of culture etc for signs that something profound changed, perhaps a timeline shift as some talk of or a 'reset' of the matrix, change on an adjoining plane of reality etc. etc. In other words I have no idea, other than I sensed something massive changing just out of vision. Like Truman in the movie catching a glimpse of a set designer being a little slow to leave the set...

So, I’m thinking we have to update our idea of timelines and the nature of physical reality. The implications are that timelines are not linear and while it appears we are sharing the one space, we must not be, since some of the collective experience it one way, while others experience it another. My theory (not just mine) is that we are each creating this entire reality. We think we are all on this one planet together, created by something else (pick your theory) but experience suggests we are each creating the whole thing and everything is a projection or reflection of ourselves, like in typical dreams. That’s not to say nobody else is real, everyone is still real, it just means reality is created very differently from how it seems.
    I'm leaning towards our conception of reality as having the key. It's one of the reasons I think popular culture, movies especially, but TV, Music, Literature also, is far more important than most of us realise. Sure it's diversion that makes money, but I think that's secondary to its true purpose. Shaping and controlling our thoughts and imaginations may be the key to controlling reality itself. The Hollyweird thread when viewed as a whole shows far more control and direction at work. They call it the 'Dream Factory' and I think this is exactly what it is.

Take Disney as referred to above, a company founded by someone deeply embedded in the occult world and currently producing the biggest grossing movie franchise in history began with Coronavirus referencing hidden within 'Captain America: The First Avenger' and interspersed with a smorgasboard of 'Alt' truther reference points from a hidden fascist remnants of Nazism seeking world domination (Capt America / Hydra) rogue AI (Ultron, Capt Marvel), Transhumanism (Iron Man, Winter Soldier), pagan mythology (Thor), Occult magick (Dr Strange) with an overarching story of a Depopulation agenda (Infinity War) and... drum roll... alternative timelines and the multiverse (Endgame). All of these presented in a slick, family friendly format, marketed at the global population and transfixing our thoughts and imaginations for the past ten years.

Think of the profusion of 'comic book' movies in recent times. If we truly create our shared reality in a form of collective dreaming, then think of the content in the movie theatres or on Netflix, Prime, Disney etc. If one wanted to use a global population to bring about a cataclsym of some kind, would the visual and auditory stimuli look very much different to the contents of the Marvel, Star Wars, X Men, DC Universe?

Incidentally, all of these movies take you to the edge of destruction and then along comes the hero to make things right. That's a storyline that is deeply embedded in all of these narratives. If we're in the midst of a Hegelian dialectic, then that may be something to watch out for as the Coronavirus vs Scamdemic / Q whitehats vs Cabal / Climate change vs Climate con / Black vs White / Left vs Right / West vs East / aka Duality vs Unity script transitions into the third act and as fear and desperation makes us collectively yearn for a saviour, because maybe one is coming or maybe one is going to be provided for us by the same scriptwriters that gave us the threats.
    Last edited by Journeyman; 28th May 2021 at 10:22.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

earthdreamer (1st June 2021), Harmony (28th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (30th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), kfm27917 (29th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,501 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by Richter (here)
    One thing I know for sure, Jaws' nerdy little girlfriend Dolly had braces, and they were bigger than in the clip I found on YT.

I thought that as well. When this Mandela effect came up I too was convinced Dolly wore braces. But that's the thing: I convinced myself, via simple logic (because it made such perfect logical sense for her to be wearing them), rather than actual recollection (and actual proof to the contrary!) All my mind had to do was fill in the gap where any doubt lay. The mind is very good at doing that in all of us. It's called confabulation.

Quote Confabulation: [the] unconscious filling in of gaps in memory with fabricated facts and experiences, commonly associated with organic pathology. It differs from lying in that the patient has no intention to deceive and believes the fabricated memories to be real.
    It just makes far more (common) sense to me that a confabulation effect is happening here, not a Mandela effect - which, bizarrely, seems hellbent on dismissing known psychology by insisting instead that someone or something is tampering with the timeline. Do we even know (can we prove) there really ARE other timelines, and that they're overlapping with our own? Or, do we even KNOW that time travel is physically possibly, and someone is deliberately meddling with the historical record (of all things TV and films), to mess with us? E.g, did someone go back to 1979, infiltrate the cast and crew of Moonraker, and somehow convince the makers of the film to reshoot that scene but this time without the braces? Ask yourself what makes more sense. What solution appeals more to a sensible brain? I have yet to see a single Mandela effect that can't be explained away by simple common sense.

For me, it's simply not at all plausible, in any shape or form, that these 'Mandela effects' are anything other than confabulation errors, enlarged and reinforced by cultural bias and shared (confabulated) agreement.

Yes, both fit. Luke said his lines and then Vader’s response didn’t flow from Luke like it does now. You know how someone upset will go off on a tangent and you say their name to focus their attention and put a stop to it and then follow it with a statement to correct them and the direction of the discussion? It was like that, that’s what he did originally, so it was like this.
    It doesn't fit at all when you take the whole scene into account. Vader does address Luke, by name, in this scene. He does so twice in fact. If he did so a third time in this scene with "Luke, I am your father", then omitting Luke's rejoinders Vader's other lines, which came directly before and directly after that line, would look like this:
    "Luke, you do not yet realise your importance…"
    "Luke, I am your father…."
    "Luke, you can destroy the Emperor, he has foreseen this…"
    No one, even George Lucas, whose dialogue is pretty cheesy let's be honest, writes three consecutive lines of dialogue containing three identical subjects (i.e. "Luke," the person being addressed). It is of course easy to hear James Earl Jones saying "Luke" in that familiar dulcet tone, because he says "Luke" all the time, not just throughout this very scene, but throughout the films.

I promise you, this is nothing more than just natural confabulation – coupled with meme/quote culture of the last 40 years. Star Wars fans haven't spent that time saying "No, I am your father," between themselves for a reason. It's because inserting the subject (Luke) for clarity is infinitely more quotable.

And as for the silver leg, there are many vintage toys/action figures of 3P0 with silver legs and gold legs. It was always there in the films, but it really isn't that noticeable. It only became a talking-point, as previously mentioned, when the internet arrived. It only took one person to mention it, and then we were all mentioning it, and wondering why we hadn't mentioned it before. Because most of us didn't notice it before. And a Mandela effect is born.
    It's true: Before 'The Force Awakens,' C-3PO always had a silver shin.

On Monday's red carpet for the world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Los Angeles, actor Anthony Daniels said the different-colored limb on the otherwise-gold protocol droid was overlooked by many fans.

Daniels recalled, "Even the stills photographer, John Jay, came up to me one day and said, 'Why are you wearing a silver leg today.' Now, he was the stills photographer, and he hadn't noticed."

[img] https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9c5...jpg?width=2560[/img]

Actually, the leg caused some problems for filming.

"It would reflect the gold leg, and it would reflect in the desert, so it acted more of like a mirror," said Daniels.

So, Threepio was fitted with two gold legs for The Force Awakens, instead.

(Director) JJ decided, let's make it noticeable with a red arm. More of that later.
    And though Daniels' costume got an update, that doesn't mean he could move freely in it: It's still impossible to sit in the droid suit.
    For me personally the strongest case is Queen’s “we are the champions” because of the nature of it and the form of the evidence.
    I don't really understand what this means. Evidence of what? That there are more than one version of this song floating around? Well yes, there are.

First I went looking online to find any copies of the original, thinking he may have sung two versions and we’d been singing along with the more fun one, hence the far more popular one, the whole time, but I could only find the Live Aid version.

The Official Live Video of this song also ends with, "We are the Champions…of the world."

I'm a Queen fan, and I know something of We are the Champions, and it's very simply the case there are different versions of this song. A more prosaic reality there couldn't be. The most popular version of the song which ends "…of the world," is the UK single version, originally on vinyl, and it came out in 1977. But when the compilation album Greatest Hits was released in '81, there were different releases meant for different countries, and they contained different versions of the song. This is where the confusion arises, as the UK release of Greatest Hits used the '77 UK version, which contained the extra line "…of the world", where other international releases did not. These other releases, like in the US, used alternate recordings of the song which were slightly shorter and didn't contain the line. There was a CD single release of We are the Champions in '88 that also didn't have that ending, and a '92 single release (coming after Freddie’s death), which also didn't.

Ultimately, there was the UK version of this song, a US version, a French version, and another released in South America as best I can tell. Queen weren't unique in this at all. There are a million and one songs out there, by a million and one artists, many in my own collection, that have different versions. There are single versions, LP versions, EP versions, live versions, radio edit versions, variously using different recordings and different mixes, meant for this market or that market, this country or that country. To put this down to alternate timelines is just nuts.

What the actual evidence is ALL suggesting...regarding these Mandela effects...is that confabulation and faulty recall is to blame. There is NO evidence of any other timelines, realities, or universes, being involved. If it is our duty to follow what the evidence IS, and abide by that evidence, then we must admit the truth here and put this nonsense to bed. The physical evidence shows us that in The Empire Strikes Back, the line is "No, I am your father.." End of! It's right there on film. Dolly didn't wear braces. People who 'think' otherwise 'think' wrong. Simple as! We are the Champions exists in several formats, released in different countries. Case closed!

For anyone to really, seriously, entertain the notion that the real explanation is a glitch in the Space-Time-Continuum, rather than a glitch in memory, is seriously deluded. Your mind is tricking you! (it's very very good at doing that). That explanation is 99.999999% more likely than some Star Trekesque Temporal Anomaly run amok or some phantom time-traveller playing games!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

JackMcThorn (28th May 2021), RunningDeer (28th May 2021)

33. Link to Post #37
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The "Dolly with braces" scene was written with music - When Jaws sees her braces, he falls in love. The music associated with that scene has since been associated with that feeling of "connecting" or falling in love, finally recognizing something or whatever.

When the scene is shown with Dolly not having braces, there is nothing to connect the two of them. The director would not have made it like that.

And again and for the last time - I am not going to bother with this topic for the simple reasons;
    1) Those who were affected by it know their own memories.
    2) You can not convince a person who was not affected by it, because their memory was not changed.
    3) Does it really matter? Only if we knew how it happened and if it was something that we could control or is controlled by someone else.

It only slightly bothers me when a person tells me that my memory is wrong - it is like telling me that I did not see that UFO. If I was there and you were not, you can not tell me what I saw. Just like the day I saw Moonraker - 5 times. Or Star Wars - who knows now many times. Or watched the Berenstein Bears show 4 times a day for 6 years - because my kids had that cartoon channel on all the time. If you were there standing or sitting beside me all those times, then you could argue with me about what was scene, heard, felt, and experienced.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

EarthGirl (28th May 2021), iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (28th May 2021), meeradas (30th May 2021), RunningDeer (30th May 2021)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)

I went through a somewhat similar experience. I felt like I died and all the messages etc from friends and acquaintances were for someone else. I used to think this was related to events in my own life and to an extent of course it was, but there was a deeper subliminal feeling which changed circa 2013. I've since looked at things like the colour of the sun or aspects of culture etc for signs that something profound changed, perhaps a timeline shift as some talk of or a 'reset' of the matrix, change on an adjoining plane of reality etc. etc. In other words I have no idea, other than I sensed something massive changing just out of vision. Like Truman in the movie catching a glimpse of a set designer being a little slow to leave the set...
    Journeyman!! Bless you!! THAT desccribes it SO perfectly!! i felt everyone was trying to contact someone else!! NOT the "me" that was here now ... sometimes, i didn't want to talk to people because i thought "Any moment now, they are going to realize it isn't me any more! and i'll be found out!"

what a bizarre thought to have!

but you know you. how you feel inside and you know when that has INEXPLICABLY changed ...

there has been some speculation of the possibility of an ELE event that took place and a certain portion of us got "whisked away" here ...

i always wonder .. is that a "good" mark about us? or questionable?

as in were we "spared" because we were the best and the brightest? or were we just on the "cusp" but hadn't quite made the mark and just happened to have "enough redeemable qualities" that didn't merit us being scrapped for good once and for all?

i'm still undecided on my personal status on that one ... ... AND ...

but i usually figure people have it all figured out much better than me any way so maybe if i'm just observant enough i'll get the drift of things eventually

there ARE a couple of DEFINITE characteristics i've found to be common amongst a HUGE portion of us

MOST were/are spiritually inclined

we were not just physically and materialistically oriented but AUTHENTICALLY on a path of sorts towards spiritual development and a SINCERE desire to be of service and help our fellow man

another is a kind of inner strength that is developed FROM having gone on that search and been willing to tackle the "shadows" honestly in seeking what we have been admonished to seek CONSISTENTLY through the ages:

"KNOW thy SELF"

most of us at least initiated and persevered through that phase long enough to have the payout of NOT being easily daunted or swayed

therefore, when NOW, finding ourselves in THIS NEW surrounding and having to encounter a CONTINUOUS backlash of disagreement and invalidation of what we KNOW to be OUR TRUTH?

we are NOT easily swayed

just because someone tells us: > "That didn't happen"
    or
    "you are MIS remembering"

doesn't send many of us scuttling away with our tail between our legs in instant acquiescense saying

"OF COURSE! i should ABSOLUTELY allow YOU ~ (EXTERNAL Source)

to TELL ME > what MY experience has been!

HOW silly of me to be-LIE-ve and TRUST > ME!

let me just readjust MY mind and thoughts to conform to YOUR ideas of ME right away!"

and that leads to a commonality of those that DO belong here

DISRESPECT
    INFRINGEMENT

they are quick to INVALIDATE that which does NOT meet with THEIR personal experience and BE-LIE-f system

and there are ... a LOT of them are VERY much into the CONTROL/DOMINATION paradigms as well and i could make a whole list that doesn't fall anywhere near the category of the things i VALUE and strive for such as:

Respect, Kindness, Compassion, Allowance, Peace, Freedom etc ...

and maybe THAT is part of the reason why i HAD to be changed to navigate here

i used to be a happy little person that automatically LOOOOVED everyone i met

i operated from the standpoint that you were my brother or sister and that maybe YOU didn't know that .. but i DID so i accorded you the respect and love due to such a magnificent being that i was certain that you were

ok .. that kind of (definitely) does NOT "work" > HERE

encountering psychopath narcissists, hell bent on CONTROL and DOMINATION of ... well ... EVERYBODY

THAT was such a rude awakening ... and sad for me

and though i might appear strong, i mean yes, of course i am, but i'm not like the Glenn Close or Hillary Clinton type strong women that go around being LOUD and BOSSY and stare you down and BULLDOZE their way

those women scare me

until they get me upset at their audacity as the infringment becomes a pattern and i have to put all fragility aside and take a moment to get myself together to face them and move into warrior readiness like my avator currently depicts

but the old me maybe was TOO fragile for that ...CONSTANT encounter

and HERE? it IS CONSTANT

and so you will find ME in CONSTANT RESPONSE to THAT

to say ... > "HEY, RESPECT please"

"JUST RESPECT OK?

YOU? > be YOU ... i have NO qualms or desire to control or whatever YOUR choice is

just RESPECT mine

and don't DISRESPECT others around me

because IF you do it in MY presence?
    my understanding of the universe is that MY response is NOW to be forthcoming

and SILENCE on MY part would be tantamount to me agreeing and supporting YOUR disrespect of another

and that just ain't happening ... "

SOOOO ... respect means we GET to STATE unequivocably

"THIS IS OUR EXPERIENCE"

and OTHERS get to say:

"that is absolutely fascinating! i wonder what that must be like for you
    because it is NOT MY personal experience"

perfectly valid

they do NOT get to say

"you did NOT have that experience"

even couched in polite "promises" that WE ARE WRONG

i've spent literally a lifetime supporting and helping people come to their OWN power and one SPECIFIC reason was to DISALLOW

ANYONE
    from invalidating them

no matter how "well meaning" that might be

besides, its a karmic thing as well .. .people have a RIGHT to their own path and their OWN journey withOUT interference ... even if we be-lie-ve they are wrong?

turns out they ALSO have a right to BE as THEY ARE and NOT "fit" into the approval of another

there are karmic repercussions for transgressing this ... just btw ...

ALSO, the agreement of others is really non essentail in the scheme of life and there is NO possibility of personal empowerment without arriving at this conclusion and basis of operation ...

what i find usettling here, is the ease with which people feel free to INFRINGE upon others and the NEED to set and establish boundaries CONSTANTLY

look at the censorship, the cancel culture, DISALLOWING anything that goes AGAINST the "official narrative" DEMANDING that ALL conform to THEIR views

oh my ... and here i thought my thoughts were my own to formulate ...

so for me? i'm interested in a discussion as to the possible explanations of WHAT might have transpired to have caused this

i am NOT interested in discussing IF it happened

it happened

and not only to me, but to a FULL TWO BILLION of us

the numbers estimated were at about 1/3 of the population

like Innocent Warrior said, this should not fade away, it IS important to discuss
    at least for me, i'd really like to gain some understanding and would be grateful for anyone who can provide some clarity

Last edited by iota; 29th May 2021 at 23:49. Reason: typos!! more! and removed added phrases

so that any adversary

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Journeyman (29th May 2021), Patient (29th May 2021), RunningDeer (30th May 2021)

37. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)

Journeyman!! Bless you!! THAT desccribes it SO perfectly!! i felt everyone was trying to contact someone else!! NOT the "me" that was here now ... sometimes, i didn't want to talk to people because i thought "Any moment now, they are going to realize it isn't me any more! and i'll be found out!"

what a bizarre thought to have!

but you know you. how you feel inside and you know when that has INEXPLICABLY changed ...

there has been some speculation of the possibility of an ELE event that took place and a certain portion of us got "whisked away" here ...

i always wonder .. is that a "good" mark about us? or questionable?

as in were we "spared" because we were the best and the brightest? or were we just on the "cusp" but hadn't quite made the mark and just happened to have "enough redeemble qualities" that didn't merit us being scrapped for good once and for all?

i'm still undecided on my personal status on that one ... ... AND ...

but i usually figure people have it all figured out much better than me any way so maybe if i'm just observant enough i'll get the drift of things eventually

there ARE a couple of DEFINITE characteristics i've found to be common amongst a HUGE portion of us

MOST were/are spiritually inclined

we were not just physically and materialistically oriented but AUTHENTICALLY on a path of sorts towards spiritual development and a SINCERE desire to be of service and help our fellow man

another is a kind of inner strength that is developed FROM having gone on that search and been willing to tackle the "shadows" honestly in seeking what we have been admonished to seek CONSISTENTLY through the ages:

"KNOW thy SELF"

most of us at least initiated and persevered through that phase long enough to have the payout of NOT being easily daunted or swayed

therefore, when NOW, finding ourselves in THIS NEW surrounding and having to encounter a CONTINUOUS backlash of disagreement and invalidation of what we KNOW to be OUR TRUTH?

we are NOT easily swayed

just because someone tells us: > "That didn't happen"
    or
    "you are MIS remembering"

doesn't send many of us scuttling away with our tail between our legs in instant acquiescense saying

"OF COURSE! i should ABSOLUTELY allow YOU ~ (EXTERNAL Source)

to TELL ME > what MY experience has been!

HOW silly of me to be-LIE-ve and TRUST > ME!

let me just readjust MY mind and thoughts to conform to YOUR ideas of ME right away!"

and that leads to a commonality of those that DO belong here

DISRESPECT
    INFRINGEMENT

they are quick to INVALIDATE that which does NOT meet with THEIR personal experience and BE-LIE-f system

and there are ... a LOT of them are VERY much into the CONTROL/DOMINATION paradigmes as well and i could make a whole list that doesn't fall anywhere near the category of the things i VALUE and strive for such as:

Respect, Kindness, Allowance, Peace, Freedom etc ...

and maybe THAT is part of the reason why i HAD to be changed to navigate here

i used to be a happy little person that automatically LOOOOVED everyone i met

i operated from the standpoint that you were my brother or sister and that maybe YOU didn't know that .. but i DID so i accorded you the respect and love due to such a magnificent being that i was certain that you were

ok .. that kind of (definitely) does NOT "work" > HERE

encountering psychopath narcissits, hell bent on CONTROL and DOMINATION of ... well ... EVERYBODY

THAT was such a rude awakening ... and sad for me

and though i might appear strong, i mean yes, of course i am, but i'm not like the Glenn Close or Hillary Clinton type strong women that go around being LOUD and BOSSY and stare you down and BULLDOZE their way

those women scare me

until they get me upset at their audacity as the infringment becomes a pattern of course and i put all fragility aside and take a moment to get myself together to face them and move into warrior readiness like my avator currently depicts

but the old me maybe was TOO fragile for that ...CONSTANT encounter

and HERE? it IS CONSTANT

and so you will find ME in CONSTANT RESPONSE to THAT

to say ... > "HEY, RESPECT please"

"JUST RESPECT OK?

YOU? be YOU ... i have NO qualms or desire to control or whatever YOUR choice is

just RESPECT mine
    and don't DISRESPECT others around me

because IF you do it in MY presence?
    my understanding of the universe is that MY response is NOW to be forthcoming

and SILENCE on MY part would be tantamount to me agreeing and supporting YOUR disrespect of another

and that just ain't happening ... "

SOOOO ... respect means we GET to STATE unequivocably

"THIS IS OUR EXPERIENCE"

and OTHERS get to say:

"that is absolutely fascinating! i wonder what that must be like for you because it is NOT MY personal experience"

perfectly valid

they do NOT get to say

"you did NOT have that experience"

even couched in polite "promises" that WE ARE WRONG

i've spent literally a lifetime supporting and helping people come to their OWN power and one SPECIFIC reason was to DISALLOW

ANYONE
    from invalidating them

no matter how "well meaning" that might be

besides, its a karmic thing as well .. .people have a RIGHT to their own path and their OWN journey withOUT interference ... even if we be-lie-ve they are wrong?

turns out they ALSO have a right to BE as THEY ARE and NOT "fit" into the approval of another

also, there are karmic repercissons for transgressing this ... just btw ...

ALSO, the agreement of others is really non essentail in the scheme of life and there is NO possibility of personal empowerment without arriving at this conclusion and basis of operation ...

what i find usettling here, is the ease with which people feel free to INFRINGE upon others and the NEED to set and establish boundaries CONSTANTLY

look at the censorship, the cancel culture, DISALLOWING anything that goes AGAINST the "official narrative" DEMANDING that ALL conform to THEIR views

oh my ... and here i thought my thoughts were my own to formulate ...

so for me? i'm interested in a discussion as to the possible explanations of WHAT might have transpired to have caused this

i am NOT interested in discussing IF it happened

it happened

and not only to me, but to a FULL TWO BILLION of us

the numbers estimated were at about 1/3 of the population

like Innocent Warrior said, this should not fade away, it IS important to discuss
    at leat for me, i'd really like to gain some understanding and would be grateful for anyone who can provide some clarity

I think you provided the most clarity! Well said!

We could theorize on the mechanics of "how" this happened, because I doubt we will ever know how it occurred.

The "why" I think is within your post. Many things in nature seem to overcome obstacles in a way. Nature balances things out - perhaps this world needed to be balanced out too.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

iota (29th May 2021), Journeyman (29th May 2021), RunningDeer (30th May 2021)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Exactly.

Pretty sure this was discussed earlier in the thread. Question to anyone who remembers. Risky Business, Tom Cruise, famous dance scene, begins by sliding on his feet into view - what was he wearing?
    he was wearing a WHITE shirt and sunglasses

my kids saw this movie 50 times and my first fiancé kinda looked like him and a model and this just kinda reminded me of him in a sweet way ... i REMEMBER CLEARLY

many many parodies were done (as i said, we are NOT "alone" there ARE about 2 BILLION of us that holding the EXACT, not similar, but EXACT memories) here is one:

also .. on that note, I've never talked about it here, because it is kind of a sore subject with me, but i USED to have a photographic memory. people thought i was smart, and whatever about that, the fact is that once i saw something? it was just imprinted in my brain ... like forever. so for tests? i would just "pull up the info" and mark the right answer.

very convenient and freed me up from all the time my friends took to "Study"

once i got stabbed? this went away. i had asked to see the man's license and his license plate and TOLD him i had a photographic, not photogenic memory and would remember when i was 80! ... well ... didn't happen. it left

the reason this is a sore subject is because, you know how kids collect stamps? or baseball cards? i collected FACTS

i still get teased at reunions from people that have known me since i was SIX years old ... of ignoring them and reading books, even standing in line waiting to go into cafeteria, that i'd have a book in my hand and eventually developed even in the art of continuing to read even as i walked. ... yea .. my friends are a pain sometimes ...

SO ... that "TOOK" something from me ... something i valued and cherished ...

and NOW .. this Mandela Effect is further messing with me .. because NOW i feel, like what is the point of even knowing or remembering facts? when tomorrow or any day? they can and DO "change"!

it hits me a bit harder i suspect, than most to whom this might just be a "novelty" ... FACTS were MY "area" my "niche" and i looooved the accumulation of knowledge just for the sheer joy of it ... really NOT "cool" to say the least ...

ok ... in my pursuit of answers, i found multiple diverse sources offering various POSSIBLE pieces ... and i've tried, and will continue to try, to piece them together and hope to somehow form a coherent picture like a puzzle

i'll just briefly name one or two now

1.) YEARS ago .. the original Hidden Hand ... I'm certain there is a thread (or many) here, and in a bit, i'll go search and update this post.

in there was the "disclosure" of the coming "harvest" ... this has been updated by Hidden Hand 2 and Wes also did a whole spied and copied and i have these in my personal records so i can post those here too in a bit.

2.) ​this dovetailed into the LAW of ONE and Ra ~ speaking years earlier of a COMING "event" specifically a "harvest"

3.) this has been tied to Edgar Cayce's teachings of his interpretation of the Book of Revelations, it sounds like that is what he is referring to ~ the transformation of the "human vehicle"

4.) Dolores Cannon also came across this information continuously prior to her transition of the splitting of two worlds
    (on a personal note, her transition unsettled me again! .. like is she gone? and i got "left behind" again? ... )

here is a video:

5.) Wes Penre and the Transhumanism agenda

6. ) CERN

7.) the Quantum Computer accessing parallel worlds and timelines

8.) the Greys or Gov abducting people and getting our DNA FOR the purpose of the "future" at THAT time of "changing" humans

i will go in search of documentation but that would be of primary importance, if people were not ALREADY familiar with these sources and subjects ... and i suspect everyone here pretty much has at least heard of these already if not completely familiar

so i'm sure people have already contemplated and formulated hypothesis .. or maybe even debunked some completely

i just feel that when something comes up in multiple sources over long periods of time maybe it might be worth a look to see how they can be tied together?

i think Patient is right that we we will ever know how it occurred with any degree of certainty ... but we SHOULD be able to come to something akin of an 'educated guess'' with the various minds here and the information we DO have available

i'm sure people have other sources other than the few i listed here as well
    Last edited by iota; 30th May 2021 at 21:25.

so that any adversary

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (30th May 2021), Patient (30th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2