+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Contact with the fairie folk

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member Old Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Contact with the fairie folk

I was hoping to get some advice. The fairie folk have contacted me about a half dozen times I can think of in the last 6 or so months. Mostly this has been in my dreams. I suspect many more contacts and quite a bit more dream manipulation from them. I can feel where they are but haven't seen them. I felt compelled to build a small garden for them in my yard .. just a pile of rocks with some small flowers beside them.

I don't know much about them and would like to learn more. It seems that they're fascinated with play, whatever form that might come in. When I've tried to interact with them in ways that make sense to me they seemingly only want to understand it if it's in the spirit of play?

They seem pleased enough with me. My research seems to indicate that they're not a group to toy with? I suppose I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experiences to share, positive or negative. Any advice or first hand information.

Thankyou.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Old Wolf For This Post:

Chrononaut (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), DNA (25th April 2016), justntime2learn (10th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Mercedes (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Nasu (8th September 2015), Nicola71 (11th May 2016), Noir (12th September 2015), Rollo (8th September 2015), RunningDeer (16th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), SR19 (9th September 2015), ulli (14th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015), Zaya (8th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member idiit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 times in 572 posts

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to idiit For This Post:

craig mitchell (8th September 2015), justntime2learn (10th September 2015), Mercedes (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: Contact with the fairie folk

Yes, caution is required. In the old days, people were very wary or the fairies. Terms for them from days gone by like "the good folk" and the like are propitiatory because the fairies are very fickle and capricious, and could be quite harmful if you angered them.

Also, in the old days, the fairies were tall, and it was only in Victorian times...quite recently, actually, in terms of the fairy lore...that they became small, harmless, little beings. Kind of like the cherubim went from being tall, shining, fearsome beings to being pink, chubby, naked babies.

p.s. John Keel says that the fairies are simply one manifestation of the Ultraterrestrials, as are "ETs" and Virgin Mary sightings, etc. According to Keel, the Ultraterrestrials adapt their manifestations to the frame of reference of the percipient.

addition I should add that the phenomenon (what Keel calls the Ultraterrestrials) changes to reflect the dominant frame of reference of the times, but they still appear to suit the frame of reference of the individual percipient.
    Last edited by Selkie; 8th September 2015 at 16:02.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

annacherie (10th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), Daozen (10th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Nasu (8th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), SR19 (9th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Interesting... I have felt the same over the last few months although I live in an apartment and no place to build a garden. I've been researching gardens, growing food, etc. in anticipation of moving in the near future. I've heard some interesting and funny stories from folks that have "worked" with faeries and the faerie realm.

This is not my story but one that I was told...

A young woman had taken the time to build a rose garden and asked the faeries for help. The garden grew and the roses were beautiful. After a few weeks, she noticed the roses dying, being cut off from the stems. Things were disappearing from her house. She finally asked an energy healing instructor for help and if he could "see" what was going on. He went directly to the faeries and asked why the rose garden was being destroyed and why items were disappearing in the house. The faeries answered, "we did not receive payment."

If you ask for help within this realm, expect to give back some sort of payment and honor, otherwise they will start taking things. The woman built a little faerie house in their honor and started leaving food. All of her belongings were eventually returned and the rose garden began to thrive again.

My take is if you want to build a garden and create space for the faeries, go for it. I don't know that I would actually "ask" for anything but just let them know it's a space for them.

I've only had one physical encounter... scared the crap out of me in the moment because I didn't know what it was but have since made peace. I don't "see" them but feel their presence. Since then, I see lots of things/movement out of the corner of my eyes. They seem to travel with me because when I pet sit, the animals tend to see them. I have actually had conversations out loud - "No rough play, no terrorizing the cats, everyone play nice!!" I realize I may sound like a crazy person but....

This past week I've been in another city house/pet sitting in a very old house. My first night in the house I had a difficult time falling asleep... I kept hearing pots and pans being rattled downstairs in the kitchen. I thought "great," this house is haunted... I asked a friend if they could take a look energetically to see what was there. She described something from the faerie realm she had never seen before, he has a large bulbous nose and wears a blue hat that looks similar to the hat worn by Napoleon (I can't make this stuff up, LOL). Apparently he has a sweet tooth. So I have been leaving a small treat when I go to bed... really!! LOL

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Linderlou For This Post:

AngelEyes (2nd October 2015), chanda (8th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), DNA (25th April 2016), idiit (8th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Matthew (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Nasu (8th September 2015), NeedleThreader (8th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Rollo (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), SR19 (9th September 2015), tessie999 (10th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,980 times in 1,165 posts

Will and I have had contact with the Elementals, or Faeries.

We lived near a glade in the country that was guarded by two old sheoaks. The glade had a different energy from the rest of the property and was ideal for meditation. We always asked permission from the spirit of the sheoaks before entering the glade, and thanked it as we left, after leaving a gift of a cup of water for the trees. We used to put crystals and incense on the rocks in the glade and sometimes the crystals would disappear and then reappear some time later – sometimes they vanished altogether. Faeries can be mischievous. Once Will left a feather fan in the glade and it disappeared never to return – he had just paid a considerable amount to bring it into the country and it had to be specially quarantined etc – but we never saw it again! Will is convinced the faeries like chocolate and we used to leave bits of chocolate which always disappeared. They also like bright shiny things.

I think your idea to have a special garden is really nice – you could have mirrors and small hanging bells and a little pond. Of course they don’t like any area that has been poisoned with chemicals.

All aspects of creation are starting to want to communicate with each other as we move into a new paradigm on this planet. How fortunate that the faerie folk they have chosen to communicate with you! If you approach them with respect and love they will continue to visit you.

much love
    Callista
    Last edited by Callista; 8th September 2015 at 14:27.

10. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

annacherie (10th September 2015), chanda (8th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), doetem (2nd February 2016), Frenchy (8th September 2015), idiit (8th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Lancelot (10th September 2015), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Nasu (8th September 2015), NeedleThreader (8th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Orph (12th September 2015), Pam (10th September 2015), Rollo (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), SR19 (9th September 2015), starlight (27th June 2017), tessie999 (10th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Linderlou (here)
    Interesting... I have felt the same over the last few months although I live in an apartment and no place to build a garden. I've been researching gardens, growing food, etc. in anticipation of moving in the near future. I've heard some interesting and funny stories from folks that have "worked" with faeries and the faerie realm.

This is not my story but one that I was told...

A young woman had taken the time to build a rose garden and asked the faeries for help. The garden grew and the roses were beautiful. After a few weeks, she noticed the roses dying, being cut off from the stems. Things were disappearing from her house. She finally asked an energy healing instructor for help and if he could "see" what was going on. He went directly to the faeries and asked why the rose garden was being destroyed and why items were disappearing in the house. The faeries answered, "we did not receive payment."

If you ask for help within this realm, expect to give back some sort of payment and honor, otherwise they will start taking things. The woman built a little faerie house in their honor and started leaving food. All of her belongings were eventually returned and the rose garden began to thrive again.

My take is if you want to build a garden and create space for the faeries, go for it. I don't know that I would actually "ask" for anything but just let them know it's a space for them.

I've only had one physical encounter... scared the crap out of me in the moment because I didn't know what it was but have since made peace. I don't "see" them but feel their presence. Since then, I see lots of things/movement out of the corner of my eyes. They seem to travel with me because when I pet sit, the animals tend to see them. I have actually had conversations out loud - "No rough play, no terrorizing the cats, everyone play nice!!" I realize I may sound like a crazy person but....

This past week I've been in another city house/pet sitting in a very old house. My first night in the house I had a difficult time falling asleep... I kept hearing pots and pans being rattled downstairs in the kitchen. I thought "great," this house is haunted... I asked a friend if they could take a look energetically to see what was there. She described something from the faerie realm she had never seen before, he has a large bulbous nose and wears a blue hat that looks similar to the hat worn by Napoleon (I can't make this stuff up, LOL). Apparently he has a sweet tooth. So I have been leaving a small treat when I go to bed... really!! LOL
    About seeing them out of the corner of your eye, yes. To see inorganic beings, use your peripheral vision, and resist the urge to use the center of your vision when you see movement. Train yourself to look and see with your peripheral vision, especially in half-light, like at dusk, or in low lamplight or candlelight. Be aware that you may also see floaters in your eyes, but learn what they look so that you can just ignore them.

p.s. great stories

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

annacherie (10th September 2015), chanda (8th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), DNA (25th April 2016), doetem (2nd February 2016), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Nasu (8th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015), TraineeHuman (9th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Quote Posted by MrNobody410 (here)
    I was hoping to get some advice. The fairie folk have contacted me about a half dozen times I can think of in the last 6 or so months. Mostly this has been in my dreams. I suspect many more contacts and quite a bit more dream manipulation from them. I can feel where they are but haven't seen them. I felt compelled to build a small garden for them in my yard .. just a pile of rocks with some small flowers beside them.
    I don't know much about them and would like to learn more. It seems that they're fascinated with play, whatever form that might come in. When I've tried to interact with them in ways that make sense to me they seemingly only want to understand it if it's in the spirit of play?
    They seem pleased enough with me. My research seems to indicate that they're not a group to toy with? I suppose I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experiences to share, positive or negative. Any advice or first hand information.
    Thankyou.
    Yes, Mr.410, I have seen nature spirits and communicated with them. I was bloody ignorant some years ago when I intruded on what I "FELT" was a sacred space, and I sat there to meditate. It's a long story, but afterwards I saw two nature spirits appear to me and let me know their displeasure. They work with earth and her energies and were stationed at a strong energetic portal as protectors, but I had not realized I ought to have asked their permission.

I figuratively hit my head with the palm of my hand for being such an idiot - I had intruded into the space they were guarding. Shortly afterwards I went back and left things for them, crystals and such. I think I was even prompted to have left some food for them. I retrieved the crystals but never the food.

Now the really odd blind spot in me is this - back in the 1980s I had read Machaelle Small Wright's books, one of which is BEHAVING AS THOUGH THE GOD IN ALL LIFE MATTERED. Somewhere along the line I saw her recommendation that one dedicate a small place in your garden to the nature spirits, assuring them that it was for them to use and that you would not enter it. So I went out on my eight acres and picked a spot to give them, and I fashioned for myself a private little ceremony in which I formally made known to them my intention.

Now I had been more-or-less locked out of that home and land, and years later when my grown children and I gathered there to say "goodbye" to the place we'd lived for over 20 years, as we walked the land, I felt intuitively to ask daughter to snap a picture here or there. Later they showed large globular multi-coloured orbs. Even as we were talking, before I saw her photos, I sensed nature saying "goodbye" to me in honour.

A few years ago at a rented house I was moved to go out back and announce to nature that I wanted to garden that year with them, in co-creative cooperation. Suddenly I dashed inside and got my camera and began taking pics of the trees. When looked at they were full of shimmering coloured orbs, and one large "cloud being" that was over the old oak tree. You see, I had again "felt" their communication with me in response to my communication with them. A conversation, if you will.

Another time a thought occurred to me if one could summon sylphs. Then I looked over my head and dang it if there wasn't a cloud - one single cloud in an otherwise blue sky - that was shaped like a beautiful feather. It lasted but a minute or two. As I thought about this I thought, "Nah, can't be." But another day I thought to summon them and gosh darn it, there was another single cloud that appeared, also in a blue cloudless sky. It too lasted only briefly, and I felt the sense of communication again.

Point of all this, Mr.410, is that it is our natural ability to be able to communicate with ALL life. You don't develop skills usually until you attend to them and put them into practice and use them. So treat nature with respect and honour nature spirits by asking permission and leaving some exchange in their sacred area.

Writing this has left me with a hankering to see my old beloved land I used to walk, where I'd run out into the woods and hug a tree when family life was difficult for me. First is of the 8-acre land; second is of a sylph that appeared when I summoned it.

Attachment 31075 Attachment 31076

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member craig mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Callista (here)
    All aspects of creation are starting to want to communicate with each other as we move into a new paradigm on this planet. How fortunate that the faerie folk they have chosen to communicate with you! If you approach them with respect and love they will continue to visit you.

much love
    Callista
    Callista, that's so true.

I have had some experience with the "Elementals" which, to my understanding, is a general term that includes the four Elements (which certainly are conscious) and fairies, gnomes and a host of others. When I communicate with them, I just call out internally or better yet, I think they like to be spoken to out loud . The Elementals love to be helpful and will assist in many ways. When we travel, I ask them to keep us safe and when I'm doing physical work or if I'm laboring under under unusual emotional, psychological pressure, they can really lighten my load.

Once I had them intervene in an encounter with a pesky young adult male Sasquatch which really didn't want me in "his" area. I called the Elementals and had them contact the one who was throwing all the big rocks and immediately it stopped......once I realized it was necessary to 'speak' in his language, he realized that I was not a threat.....then all was well.

I have had no negative or disturbing experiences with the Elementals and when they are helping it can be somewhat subtle but once you tune into their realm, you may realize that there has actually been significant change. They are rewarded by just you recognizing they are around and calling out to them, it's gratifying for them, though as posters on this thread have indicated, gifts are always appreciated! These beings are 2nd dimensional (which is why they are hard to actually see using our 3d eyes. I have never seen them but have felt them around when in the woods, around water and other sensual, natural places. They are playful but have a real job to do in attending to their part of creation and are constantly busy and unlike some of us, they love their work!
    Last edited by craig mitchell; 8th September 2015 at 16:24.

15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to craig mitchell For This Post:

annacherie (10th September 2015), Callista (9th September 2015), chanda (9th September 2015), doetem (2nd February 2016), kirolak (9th September 2015), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), NeedleThreader (8th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Orph (12th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), Shannon (9th September 2015), SR19 (9th September 2015), starlight (27th June 2017), TraineeHuman (9th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I just love stories like folks are telling here

One thing I have noticed, which I think is a being of some kind, is a kind of transparent, undulating shimmer, like a large, transparent snake that shimmers through the air at about the level of the tops of the sumacs...maybe 20 or so feet in the air. I see it sometimes when I sit quietly on my porch and look at the woods across from my house. It is not heat shimmer, or anything like that, and it is not because of astigmatism, etc.** It (or they) are about 2 feet in diameter and about 20 feet or so long, transparent and shimmery, kind of like water.

These things really are there. One just has to sit quietly and notice.

** I am always very careful not to leap to any conclusions about what I see. IMO it is very important to remain sober, while still being open and feeling the magic.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

annacherie (10th September 2015), chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), doetem (2nd February 2016), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Orph (12th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015), starlight (27th June 2017), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by craig mitchell (here)
    ...They are rewarded by just you recognizing they are around and calling out to them, it's gratifying for them...
    I have found this to be very true. One time some orbs were pinging off my aura as I sat reading. All they wanted was for me to acknowledge them, and when I did, they went about their business. It was a really neat, enjoyable little exchange

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Orph (12th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015), starlight (27th June 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member craig mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    One thing I have noticed, which I think is a being of some kind, is a kind of transparent, undulating shimmer, like a large, transparent snake that shimmers through the air at about the level of the tops of the sumacs...maybe 20 or so feet in the air. I see it sometimes when I sit quietly on my porch and look at the woods across from my house. It is not heat shimmer, or anything like that, and it is not because of astigmatism, etc.** It (or they) are about 2 feet in diameter and about 20 feet or so long, transparent and shimmery, kind of like water.

Selkie, that's fascinating and I haven't heard of this before now. I wonder what you make of all that. The only thing similar in my experience is that when there is an "other realm" kind of contact going on in front of me, it can appear as a wavy series of vague transparent lines that shimmer slightly, but nothing quite so large and at treetop level like you are seeing. When it has happened to me, there is something I had better pay attention to, a message like "hey pay attention, there's something here for you", and when I follow through on it, good things happen. So, do you try to communicate during these events or does that seem appropriate?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to craig mitchell For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by craig mitchell (here)
    Quote Posted by Selkie (here)

Selkie, that's fascinating and I haven't heard of this before now. I wonder what you make of all that. The only thing similar in my experience is that when there is an "other realm" kind of contact going on in front of me, it can appear as a wavy series of vague transparent lines that shimmer slightly, but nothing quite so large and at treetop level like you are seeing. When it has happened to me, there is something I had better pay attention to, a message like "hey pay attention, there's something here for you", and when I follow through on it, good things happen. So, do you try to communicate during these events or does that seem appropriate?
    I've never tried to communicate with whatever it is, but if I ever get the feeling that I should communicate, or that it wants to communicate, I certainly would follow it, like I did with the orbs. It would depend upon the feeling I get from them.

p.s. With the orbs, I just gave them a telepathic nod, and they were happy with that.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), dawnawakeningfreespirit (25th April 2016), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015), william r sanford72 (8th September 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 155 posts

The Faerie Realm. These spirits love and reward those who can keep them a secret. I promise that in keeping your interactions with them to yourself, you greatly enhance the magic of it all and earn their trust, which is very important to them.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

annacherie (10th September 2015), chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (8th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015), starlight (27th June 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

My grandmother who had 11 kids, and was as cute as a button (we called her mugsy lol) used to yell at the grandkids when we were in the woods to "never follow any faeries! Don't take anything from them! And don't tell them where you live!"... She was serious too if you ask my mom. Thing is my mom used to say behind her back "the fae just don't like her, leave them be and they'll leave you be".

Irish woman can be very contradicting...so I just took both of their advice and stuck it in the back of mind just incase

Great stories, guys. Amazing experiences. I like that others ask permission from nature, I've been doing that since I was a kid, almost instinctually. I usually ask out loud, "am I allowed to be here?", and I keep a little portion of my very small backyard untouched and a little overgrown, not sure why just felt like it shouldn't be manicured. Maybe I'll hang some stuff for the faeries, if there are any in this city.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (9th September 2015), dawnawakeningfreespirit (25th April 2016), DNA (25th April 2016), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Amazing coincidence! I just read this article...

Quote Firm warned of no fairytale ending if it destroys ring fort

Thursday, September 03, 2015
    by Andrew Hamilton
    ADVERTISEMENT

The fairies will have their revenge.

Clare storyteller and friend of the fairies, Eddie Lenihan, has warned bad things will happen at the West Pharmaceutical Services factory in Waterford, if an ancient fairy fort is destroyed as part of the construction process.

The Crusheen man has written to the American company behind the factory, warning them that ill luck will follow all those involved in clearing the fairy fort — saying it is a question of when and not if, the fairies will decide to take their revenge.

The factory is currently under construction at Knockhouse in Waterford and is set to deliver more than 150 jobs to the locality when finished in 2018.

However, there were delays when local construction workers refused to remove a fairy fort — with workers set to be drafted in from elsewhere to demolish the fort and complete the construction of the factory.

“I am no campaigner, I just like to see things respected. I said to them [West Pharmaceutical Services], in that letter, that if that factory is built, and I hope the factory is built on another location because Waterford needs the jobs, but if it is built there, wait and see what happens.

“It’s not a matter of if it will close but when it will close. People will think you are a crank if you say something like this and there will be much laughter.

“I’d like it to be on the record anyway so that people can look back when something happens and see that they [the owners] were warned and didn’t pay attention.

“It will be more than bad luck, there are stories after stories of it. I’d be the first to be skeptical, I’m not one of those people who believes everything they hear. I’ve been collecting folklore for 40 years and a lot of the stories are bunkum, but not all... You can have one coincidence or two coincidences... but after awhile you realise that it can’t be a coincidence.”

The tri-vallate ring fort, estimated to be thousands of years old, is set to be cleared as part of the second phase of the factory’s construction.

A local group in Waterford is campaigning for the fort to be preserved and maintained as a tourist attraction inside the main factory building.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...rt-351770.html

Not knowing what they were talking about and drawn by my love for archeology, I ended up at this FB page....WOW! What a place! It must be preserved!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knock...16920555016959
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (9th September 2015), DNA (25th April 2016), kirolak (9th September 2015), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Nicola71 (11th May 2016), Old Wolf (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

I just felt like sharing one of my all time favorite songs in this thread. By Irish band Horslips.

We're the mystery of the lake when the water's still.
    We're the laughter in the twilight
    You can hear behind the hill.

When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Brightstar (15th September 2015), chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (9th September 2015), Meggings (10th September 2015), MorningSong (8th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    Amazing coincidence! I just read this article...

Quote Firm warned of no fairytale ending if it destroys ring fort

Thursday, September 03, 2015
    by Andrew Hamilton
    ADVERTISEMENT

The fairies will have their revenge.

Clare storyteller and friend of the fairies, Eddie Lenihan, has warned bad things will happen at the West Pharmaceutical Services factory in Waterford, if an ancient fairy fort is destroyed as part of the construction process.

The Crusheen man has written to the American company behind the factory, warning them that ill luck will follow all those involved in clearing the fairy fort — saying it is a question of when and not if, the fairies will decide to take their revenge.

The factory is currently under construction at Knockhouse in Waterford and is set to deliver more than 150 jobs to the locality when finished in 2018.

However, there were delays when local construction workers refused to remove a fairy fort — with workers set to be drafted in from elsewhere to demolish the fort and complete the construction of the factory.

“I am no campaigner, I just like to see things respected. I said to them [West Pharmaceutical Services], in that letter, that if that factory is built, and I hope the factory is built on another location because Waterford needs the jobs, but if it is built there, wait and see what happens.

“It’s not a matter of if it will close but when it will close. People will think you are a crank if you say something like this and there will be much laughter.

“I’d like it to be on the record anyway so that people can look back when something happens and see that they [the owners] were warned and didn’t pay attention.

“It will be more than bad luck, there are stories after stories of it. I’d be the first to be skeptical, I’m not one of those people who believes everything they hear. I’ve been collecting folklore for 40 years and a lot of the stories are bunkum, but not all... You can have one coincidence or two coincidences... but after awhile you realise that it can’t be a coincidence.”

The tri-vallate ring fort, estimated to be thousands of years old, is set to be cleared as part of the second phase of the factory’s construction.

A local group in Waterford is campaigning for the fort to be preserved and maintained as a tourist attraction inside the main factory building.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...rt-351770.html

Not knowing what they were talking about and drawn by my love for archeology, I ended up at this FB page....WOW! What a place! It must be preserved!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knock...16920555016959

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vX-XuP-SrZ4

Around the 55 min mark there's a fascinating story from a man about his shadow being stolen by a faerie!

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

craig mitchell (9th September 2015), DNA (25th April 2016), kirolak (9th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member Old Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! So many great experiences. Thanks everyone.

I was out in the yard on the weekend and got the feeling to not walk through the little fairie garden .. there was a sort of 'ring' around it, so I avoided it. I think maybe it's now 'their place'. I've not asked them for anything and don't think I will. They've offered me assistance here and there. I'm not cautious when they do and they seem to have no demands on me when offering assistance. It seemed that it was important that once I offered to make the garden that it was actually made, I suspect that breaking promises to them isn't a good idea. I've been feeling that they'd like some water in the garden, I'll have to figure out how to do that in the right way.

What baffles me a bit is their size. In my dreams they've been about 4 feet tall and I'm sure they're spending time in the little garden, but the little garden is very tiny. I don't know how that works.

Similar to others, I've seen them out of the corner of my eyes. Usually little white flashes like fast moving whisps of white smoke.

Asking nature for permission is something I started doing a year or two back. I don't always do it but feel compelled to on some occasions. I thought I was communicating with the hairy folk who are very territorial. But perhaps the hairy folk and the fairie folk are so close to nature that the distinction isn't relevant?

I've been leaving apples out in the yard, they're always taken. I've only lost one item and it didn't bother me at all that they took it.

There's a place not far from me that feels very nice which is the main reason I moved up this way. Their presence seems particularly strong there, I'll have to visit that spot again soon. When I drove past that spot recently at night, I saw a whole collection of lights (orbs?) moving through the trees about 10-12 feet off the ground. Very clear, not just a glint from the corner of my eye. I guess they might have been saying hello.

It's interesting to hear that they're 2nd dimensional creatures, that hadn't occurred to me.

Kindly.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Old Wolf For This Post:

AngelEyes (2nd October 2015), chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (9th September 2015), kirolak (9th September 2015), Linderlou (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Orph (12th September 2015), Selkie (8th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015), TraineeHuman (9th September 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MrNobody410 (here)
    Wow! So many great experiences. Thanks everyone.

I was out in the yard on the weekend and got the feeling to not walk through the little fairie garden .. there was a sort of 'ring' around it, so I avoided it. I think maybe it's now 'their place'. I've not asked them for anything and don't think I will. They've offered me assistance here and there. I'm not cautious when they do and they seem to have no demands on me when offering assistance. It seemed that it was important that once I offered to make the garden that it was actually made, I suspect that breaking promises to them isn't a good idea. I've been feeling that they'd like some water in the garden, I'll have to figure out how to do that in the right way.

What baffles me a bit is their size. In my dreams they've been about 4 feet tall and I'm sure they're spending time in the little garden, but the little garden is very tiny. I don't know how that works.

Similar to others, I've seen them out of the corner of my eyes. Usually little white flashes like fast moving whisps of white smoke.

Asking nature for permission is something I started doing a year or two back. I don't always do it but feel compelled to on some occasions. I thought I was communicating with the hairy folk who are very territorial. But perhaps the hairy folk and the fairie folk are so close to nature that the distinction isn't relevant?

I've been leaving apples out in the yard, they're always taken. I've only lost one item and it didn't bother me at all that they took it.

There's a place not far from me that feels very nice which is the main reason I moved up this way. Their presence seems particularly strong there, I'll have to visit that spot again soon. When I drove past that spot recently at night, I saw a whole collection of lights (orbs?) moving through the trees about 10-12 feet off the ground. Very clear, not just a glint from the corner of my eye. I guess they might have been saying hello.

It's interesting to hear that they're 2nd dimensional creatures, that hadn't occurred to me.

Kindly.
    When I saw what I call "the little beige people", they were about 4 feet tall, too.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (9th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (9th September 2015), Shannon (8th September 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 times in 348 posts

Since couple years I have more conscious connection to nature and anytime I'm outdoor I embrace it.
    I like diving and swimming in the sea and go at least couple times to the beach during the summer.
    Each time when I'm there I thank nature for its beauty and all the life that she supports.

Once this summer when I came to the beach and started to place my towel
    I heard the noise of something fall down from the height of at lest couple inches, but not thrown.
    When I looked at it I saw one glass marble sitting on the surface of the sand. Not even in the sand.
    Believe me, I have an eye on the stuff laying on the ground.
    I'm finding money, jewelry, all sorts of objects very often.
    But this glass marble wasn't there when I picked the spot for the towel.

My first thought was that someone or something thanked me for loving nature.

Of course I kept the marble
    "Love is a portal to God"
    Rollo

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rollo For This Post:

chanda (9th September 2015), craig mitchell (9th September 2015), DNA (25th April 2016), kirolak (9th September 2015), Meggings (8th September 2015), Michelle Marie (10th September 2015), Noir (20th September 2015), Old Wolf (9th September 2015), Orph (12th September 2015), Selkie (9th September 2015), Shannon (9th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast