+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Elon Musk, founder of Tesla, Engineer or Illusionist ?

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

Default Re: Elon Musk, founder of Tesla, Engineer or Illusionist ?

Thanks to Infowars.com. They have great researchers. Whenever I saw an interview with Elon, I kept getting this mental picture that he was not "real." This in the sense that he perhaps was being used as a front by the NWO in executing their plans on the quiet. Perhaps the reason he now wishes to replicate the Application currently being used in China (for everything) is that the NWO wishes to push that on the USA, using the computer spy currency to be used instead of CASH on us. This is the most nefarious scam which would simultaneously wipe out all human freedoms and even enable whoever is in control to starve us all to death in any number of ways. IT MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!

When Moses came down from the mountain bearing the Tablets of the Ten Commandments, he saw the Israelites dancing and debauching themselves around the Golden Calf. He used his energy rod; the earth opened and swallowed them all.
    We cannot allow Money to control the precious lives of humans. Humans must control the use of units of exchange wisely. We can see that this is not happening; and greed, waste and folly are well on the way to destroying us all, both the poor and laboring families and those who have grabbed the Earth's resources without the wisdom to use their proceeds wisely for the benefit of the World. And so, it seems that Civilization is about to experience another DEMISE at the bottom of the ocean, etc., as in the distant pasts, recurring. No one with intelligence deliberately SQUANDERS resources much needed by civilization. If you have money and wish to do something useful, then hire those with intelligence and knowledge to get the job done.
    Last edited by amor; 31st October 2022 at 08:16. Reason: typo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

Isserley (31st October 2022)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,113 times in 807 posts

Why Starship will FAIL at Mars!

CLUB 40 ♣️
    7 hours ago
    November 2022

No sign of spacex.....

Emerson Duncan
    8 hours ago
    No. It won't.

Martin Hermann

1 day ago
    The most absurd thing for me is that there is no crew escape system in 'starship' making it a deathtrap like the hindenburg.

Cath (Catastropheshe)
    3 days ago
    4:00 oh so the dying is the optimistic option?
    Oh ok, what's the bad alternative then?🤣

John Newman
    John Newman
    4 days ago (edited)
    Talking about colonizing Mars when we are yet to even revisit the Moon, and have yet to put even a single human on Mars is ridiculous. Even more so when you realize that even if we had a global nuclear war tomorrow, Earth would still be in a better shape to support human life than Mars is right now. Even sending a small crew there isn't something we should approach lightly - we need to be 100% sure about the status of any life on Mars before we contaminate it with Earth's microbes, and then we'll never really know.

Michael Garner
    Michael Garner
    8 days ago
    I used to be a subscriber. Go back to making, "why girls are dumb" videos.

Michael Garner
    Michael Garner
    8 days ago
    Humans are explores. I may not be one of them because of kids but, this will happen. We went to the moon, voluntarily. This will happen. We occupy Antarctica, voluntarily. We sailed across the Atlantic ocean, voluntarily. This will happen. Granted, not in 2024, IMUPO, 2030.

BINARYGOD
    BINARYGOD
    2 weeks ago
    I love people who think Elon revolutionized the car industry. The other big auto makers had long terms plans for electric vehicles, and they have, roughly, just carried those out. If musk never entered the field, it would have changed mostly nothing, in the grand scheme of things for eCars.

BINARYGOD
    BINARYGOD
    2 weeks ago
    That fact that people actually believe a singular private company would do this, would have no actual profit motive, is amazing to me. You would barely get it, if at all, from how you always get this stuff - from a government agency with billions per year of a budget relying on multiple contractors, likely spread around the globe.

But right, don't ACTUALLY put hope or a budget in place for NASA, run around thinking Elon will do all of this with this oh so totally private company (that cannot sustain itself without NASA's current budget to keep it afloat).

BINARYGOD
    BINARYGOD
    2 weeks ago
    Secure the future of mankind, IF it would ever actually work, in an Ayn Rand hellhole.

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
    Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
    3 weeks ago
    Western Governments are creating these billionaires like musk to push out outlandish propaganda to keep the population as docilr compliant consumers, constantly dreaming.

sprtplt
    sprtplt
    3 weeks ago
    No humans are going to Mars lol. We simply do not have the technology. In case you have not been keeping up, even NASA says "we have to solve the radiation problem" before humans can go to the MOON (not return to the Moon, they said go to).

Denim Fleanecks
    Denim Fleanecks
    4 weeks ago (edited)
    His rockets are rubbish. He has to be either a psychopath or an outright liar. We have been tricked with this scam before. It's all pure fantasy to plunder the public.

Liquidator 2
    Liquidator 2
    1 month ago
    Thunderf00t video in
    2025: SpaceX's Mars landings will not be able to construct a colony
    2030: SpaceX's Mars colony will never be self-sustaining
    2040: SpaceX can't extend Starship's range to Jupiter

Richard Edmond
    Richard Edmond
    1 month ago
    I'm watching September 2022 no mars yet

Top_Cheeze
    Top_Cheeze
    1 month ago
    It is about as real and realistic as the scam they pulled in the 60's
    all we need for this to enter text books is mass approval of the lie

Alive and well in Israel
    Alive and well in Israel
    1 month ago
    He's going to be sitting in his mansion on Earth, laughing at all the idiots who paid to go to Mars and do the labor needed (jk, he's never going to make it to that stage). But really, look at the work early European settlers had to do, and that was with air to breathe.

ShenaniTims
    ShenaniTims
    1 month ago
    Who’s gonna be cooking in Musk’s imaginary spaceship restaurant? Here’s a **** service-sector job where you’ll be yelled at constantly, and there’s literally no escape cuz you’ll be living on the same ship.

How much would your family get paid for you to take a (on Earth) okay paying job with the added bonus of a short death soon after landing? Essentially, Musk would be sending hella expensive caskets to crash on Mars.

Hic Svnt Dracones
    Hic Svnt Dracones
    1 month ago
    I don't get the Mars people, I honestly don't think they understand the Martian environment, somehow they think it is earthlike, since it is a planet... when it is much closer to the moon, especially in terms of human survivability. You might as well be in a vacuum. Venus at least has some chance of working without having to worry about constant depressurization, gravity effects on the body, instant freeze-drying.... and it is a literal hellscape, granted everything would be done high in the atmosphere.. Mars really has NOTHING to offer humans, space stations would be a better plan, because all a Mars habitat is.... is a space station on a rock.

1 reply
    CommanderPeanut
    CommanderPeanut
    1 month ago
    And I have no idea why these people are against going to the Moon so much, their whole argument is "why waste time going to the Moon when Musk is already thinking of going to Mars"
    Like, we never done anything like this before, we never seriously set up a long term base in another celestial body. And the Moon is the closest celestial body, so rescue and communication is quicker and safer than going to mars. Its a good starting point.

H GM
    H GM
    1 month ago (edited)
    Hold on it's Sept 2022 right now, are they planning to hijack the Artemis rocket?
    Or did the nice Dutchman deliberately lie to us

Gary Hochstetler
    Gary Hochstetler
    2 months ago
    So he’s gonna sustain a multi trillion dollar project by selling tickets for $100k

Gary Hochstetler
    Gary Hochstetler
    2 months ago
    He didn’t revolutionize the automotive industry. If he was kicking out $20,000 electric automobiles, then maybe he can make that claim. Instead he created a niche car company. That niche is wealthy virtue signaling elitists.

Josip Miller
    Josip Miller
    2 months ago
    Just a reminder: it is september 4th today.

Enrico Mercado
    Enrico Mercado
    2 months ago
    It took billions of years for life to develop on the Earth and along the way there were events that could have made it impossible to happen. Elon thinks he's going to just plop life on Mars within a few years with his Tesla riches and expect it to propagate? What does he think he is, some sort of God? Apparently most of Elon's die hard fans must think so.....
    What we see here is the cult of Musk.....

DwarvenBarbarianRage
    DwarvenBarbarianRage
    2 months ago
    Wait, so Starship will fail to enable mars colonisation because they are behind schedule, there is no market for mars colonisation, and they showed a dumb rendering of a Mars settlement?

Thom and Staci Everroad
    Thom and Staci Everroad
    2 months ago
    Oh Mr Thunderfoot. You should be ashamed of yourself. It's like beating up a one legged blind child the way you assault this brilliant moro...I mean man 😏

Josh
    Josh
    2 months ago
    all the little elon musk greasers disliked this

TheWtfnonamez
    TheWtfnonamez
    2 months ago
    Elon Musk runs his mouth off but give the man some credit. Not so long ago everyone was laughing at his rocket ambitions, yet now he's sending rockets into space and landing them back on the ground. Everyone mocked him then, and you never see people admitting they were wrong about that. Maybe he has the time scale wrong, but if anyone is going to put boots on the ground on Mars its him. And fyi I reckon people will be queueing up to go. There are always people desperate to volunteer for stuff like this.

BlueScreenOfDead
    BlueScreenOfDead
    2 months ago
    we are almost 6 month furter, did any of these toy rockets reached orbit ?
    ir does it only work on CGI ¿¿¿

SFB
    SFB
    2 months ago
    " um it will be like really fun, to go" Wow what a genius. Just think this guy tapped into the stupidity off humans to become richest person on the planet.

Austeyen
    Austeyen
    2 months ago
    those videos are super old and outdated estimates? Why would you even consider using them when there are more realistic, accurate, and official estimates

1 reply
    Erich Bachman
    Erich Bachman
    2 months ago
    I mean, when a rocket costs 200-500+million to build, what does 200k really matter? How many ppl can a ship take? He should send people up for free that can be on mars, as "workers" to establish/maintain the "mars-colony".

1 reply
    Doubting Thomas
    Doubting Thomas
    3 months ago
    Is TED just a pay-to-talk platform ?

Jukka Y
    Jukka Y
    3 months ago
    Thunderf00t at 10000 BC on stonetube: "Elon Flintstone's wheel - thing will never work!"

Louis Castano
    Louis Castano
    3 months ago
    "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice that I am willing to take." - Elon Musk

1 reply
    Ben
    Ben
    3 months ago
    Lol

Jugger naut
    Jugger naut
    3 months ago
    are people really so bored of their lifes that they want to live in a container in the desert? what for whats the point, lol

Jugger naut
    Jugger naut
    3 months ago
    do i have to take shoes with me? hmm, i dont think so, then im ready, this year, yeah

kfinel
    kfinel
    3 months ago
    A plan? Never in the Musk playbook. Just the psychosomatic issues with human crews makes it an impossibility.

inyobill
    inyobill
    3 months ago
    Could there have been hyperbole involved?

Joshua Wayne York
    Joshua Wayne York
    3 months ago
    Every square centimeter costs like $50,000 to bring! Elon Musk is a ****ing joke!

okankyoto
    okankyoto
    3 months ago
    According to the documentation SpaceX provided to NASA, each Lunar Starship will require 13 tanker launches (plus the lander and a depot first time) just to send it through Trans-Lunar Injection. So its WAY worse than even this summary. In the same descriptions, any failed launches after #5 will result in boiloff so early launches would need to be repeated.

D Lessard
    D Lessard
    3 months ago
    Elon the great CON boy that can't speak a full sentence without giving away his lying tell ( UM ) over and over as he lies about everything he says.

Peter Wolfik
    Peter Wolfik
    3 months ago
    I’m wondering if Elon Musk actually beliefs what he says, or if she pulls the wool over peoples eyes to scam them

Doc Tyler
    Doc Tyler
    3 months ago
    How about sending a mission to Mars and having them return alive? Let's try that one 1st…

Alfons Choubek
    Alfons Choubek
    3 months ago
    "Outside In The Sand" by Evan Hunter is about a landing on Mars.

Doom Marauder
    Doom Marauder
    3 months ago
    There is a very simple reason why its never gonna happen. Its politically impossible. Its impossible right now, and the way things are going, its gonna be harder in the future.

Antoni's Autos
    Antoni's Autos
    3 months ago
    I think in 100 years we would have the tech and a level of proficiency in material science to make living on Mars something possible and maybe even worth while. But with what is available to us today, and the means we have to get there its not something that I feel we could pull off, landing a manned mission on Mars, maybe we could today... returning them home again... a big maybe. Getting them to go one way, live out their days there for decades or return after years of time on the planet... I'll have to go with a less than likely possibility. I'd hope we can accomplish it sooner than later and would love to see it before I kick the can. But I don't have a crystal ball, so only time will tell.

Top Tier Gaming
    Top Tier Gaming
    3 months ago
    I expected them to return the astronauts but apparently not

papinbala
    papinbala
    3 months ago (edited)
    these are old videos you are showing, lol. and using your logic then sending man to the moon was a bad idea because they were in cramped spaces, and they could have died? you sound like a moron

Dr Med
    Dr Med
    3 months ago
    I wonder if fanboys would believe everything if it was someone else selling this Mars deal.

Duhamel Velez - Cotto
    Duhamel Velez - Cotto
    3 months ago
    Hater

1 reply
    Duhamel Velez - Cotto
    Duhamel Velez - Cotto
    3 months ago
    YO SHUT IT

Universome
    Universome
    3 months ago (edited)
    This is what happens when people don't have God or a Race or whatever anymore. It's this thing where you're experiencing and part of this grand project that will be meaningful and make a difference to something greater then yourself.

Ken Seehart
    Ken Seehart
    3 months ago
    Incorrect: orbital launch of Starship is planned this year, not Mars mission.

Incorrect: bot prototype planned for this year if things go well. Probably next year. Elon never suggested that the bot would pilot Starship. TF just made that up as usual.

1 reply
    Macalister
    Macalister
    4 months ago
    Omg t f ty , this one made me laugh so much my head hurts ....

Mustafa Ali
    Mustafa Ali
    4 months ago
    So people are going to be traveling at 3G's. Has Elon musk lost his mind or does he think everyone is stupid?

Bardrick
    Bardrick
    4 months ago
    LMAO . . . Even with all the risks and poor conditions, PEOPLE STILL GO TO SPACE!!!
    I seriously doubt he's going to have trouble finding rich space nuts who want to go!

1 reply
    Snake Plissken
    Snake Plissken
    4 months ago
    From what i remember, actual scientist have tried to run a totally sealed biodome on earth in an attempt to create a totally self sustaining environment that could be used on hostile planets. Issue is that they couldn´t make it work, the oxygen levels dropped and other issues occurred. And honestly the last thing you want is to be stuck on a hostile planet, inside of a biosphere crossing your finger that a supply ship comes in time as you otherwise die.

And if we can´t make this work on earth then there is no chance whatsoever that we suddenly make it work on a foreign planet, you just sentence people to a slow death. There are a lot of technological advancements still required before we can think about anything else then scout our solar system with unmanned "drones". We need to have self sustaining biospheres perfected, and we need ways to get material and people into space a lot easier, cheaper and less reliant on resources.
    Even with reusable rockets the costs to send hundreds, if not thousands, of starships into space to colonize mars is just beyond anything reasonable. It´s like the brainchild of a megalomanic.

john smith
    john smith
    4 months ago
    before colonizing mar they going to need to find a sure massive source of water to generate oxygen , grow food and every other essential need , until then there no way to sustain a colonies if water and oxygen have to be imported from earth

inodyne
    inodyne
    4 months ago (edited)
    This one was too heavily leaning into the comedic side for me. Anyway, I think most of us understand that trying to make a vision real can have an ocean of uncertainties, and that the timelines for it will have to be constantly adjusted. I guess we also intuitively understand that Musk is selling a simplified and promising version of this vision to materialize some more realistic goals and tech along the way (like reigniting the US space capabilities). But here's the thing, can we really say it can't happen? Well, that depends doesn't it. It's safe to say it can't happen in the next 24 hours, but it could be safe to say that it can and will happen in the next 10,000 years.. Whether you like Musk or not, he's arguably one of the few on this planet that can make it so that we can do it in 9,500 years instead of 10,000 years - So to speak..

unfortunatebeam
    unfortunatebeam
    4 months ago
    I don't trust anyone who says "crewed" over manned 🤫

Cacklea
    Cacklea
    4 months ago
    Hmm i get that this channel is probably more sarcastic comedy than actual information, but man some of the talking points just sound ignorant as hell when you actually know the context behind what he’s talking about. Oh well off i go

Bobby Hall
    Bobby Hall
    4 months ago
    I hope Elon is on the first rocket 🚀

henrybaseball
    henrybaseball
    4 months ago
    To ensure humans continue to populate the universe why not build on earth what they want to
    build on mars. Whatever negative event that happens on earth, the planet would still be more hospitable than mars and still be a treasure trove of materials.

RevOlutiOn
    RevOlutiOn
    4 months ago
    540 million years ago during the Cambrian "explosion of life", the planet had an atmospheric "carbon" (CO2 more accurately) footprint of around 7000ppm (parts per million - 0.7%), way more than today's measly 400ppm (0.04%). The planet obviously never burned to a crisp and instead allowed a group of Elite monkeys to invent this "climate" fraud in order to vacuum your wallet clean and control every aspect of your life. Happy tax-time dummies.. ¯\ (ツ) /¯

schreckse kunde
    schreckse kunde
    4 months ago
    The plan for this giant leap of mankind might have been a bit optimistic, assuming that everything will work like a charm from the start and nothing ever breaks isn't really risk assessment.
    And in 2022 or so they'd get the price for the most inhumane series ever, looking a bunch of people in personal plastic coffins in the eyes while they realize that they didn't actually pass any expectations.

Steve A
    Steve A
    4 months ago
    So if you went to Mars to live. Who would pay you a wage to buy what you need to live

Benjamin
    Benjamin
    4 months ago
    The only exciting thing about this is, hopefully Elon Musk will fly himself to mars and never comeback.

Red Kraken
    Red Kraken
    4 months ago
    @10:45 Even the event producer failed to realize this was supposed to be some clapping moment. He finally caught on to it and prompted the crowd to clap like nicely trained seals.

Red Kraken
    Red Kraken
    4 months ago
    Reduce the carbon footprint on earth? lol Unless we are able to produce everything we need self sufficiently on Mars, its not going to help the carbon footprint on earth. If anything keeping those x amount of colonists alive from goods here on Earth will costs insane amounts of money. I forget, but what is the cost to delivery 1kg of goods to the ISS? Mars is going to have a pretty taller bill than that.

Pleyland
    Pleyland
    4 months ago
    imagine how many views this would get with elon musk in the thumbnail or title

Duncan van Tongeren
    Duncan van Tongeren
    4 months ago
    Starship does not get anywhere. Try to prove me wrong. It is all one huge deception.

ruben cid
    ruben cid
    4 months ago
    It is sad to say that bezos has more intend to use his own starships that will have in the future. He knows how bad they are, he blows them all

Graham Smith
    Graham Smith
    4 months ago
    Drones ,lots of drones, to spend decades building whatever to make underground shelters for a few Astronauts to live on Mars for an certain amount of time, then rotate the crew on a regular basis.
    Beyond that ,it's just speculative fiction like Star Wars, not even scifi like Star Trek.

Matthew Watson
    Matthew Watson
    5 months ago
    The idea that space exploration is supposed to help with the climate change emergency when it involves dumping the carbon emissions of a small country into the air from all the rocket launches is absurdist

Andrew Gargan
    Andrew Gargan
    5 months ago
    Just saw an advert for one of those busted compostable home systems you have debunked on this video. Lols

Self Aware Devices / Bilinçli Cihazlar
    Self Aware Devices / Bilinçli Cihazlar
    5 months ago
    I believe the competence level of Elon Musk about mars is playing Surviving Mars game with all cheats enabled.

springer 11724
    springer 11724
    5 months ago
    "You got to ask your self - can this guy (Musk) really do this by 2025 or 2027?" Obviously RESOUNDING NO! Fake genius Elon Musk can't do it! LOL

Rebecca Chambers
    Rebecca Chambers
    5 months ago
    I'm determined to lose weight but I haven't done anything about it so I am expecting anytime this year to be very thin without having done anything about it but I'm very determined

Rebecca Chambers
    Rebecca Chambers
    5 months ago
    They can call it titanic it'll be so big and industructable

Rebecca Chambers
    Rebecca Chambers
    5 months ago
    Before I watch the video my answer is because there is no atmosphere on Mars to slow it down

Jag Yed
    Jag Yed
    5 months ago (edited)
    Please comment on: Cool Worlds: "Why Starship Could Transform Astronomy" The guy is great at Fermi Paradox and other life in space related topics. But I felt he dropped the ball on this one badly.

SYNAPSEON
    SYNAPSEON
    5 months ago
    Having been to the Space X Starbase facility outside Brownsville, and seen starship #25 being built, I'll just say it's a fun project but the starship will definitely not be big enough. They still are built by hand with help of robots and any small defects can turn into huge problems

GOAT OF DUTY
    GOAT OF DUTY
    5 months ago
    Well, a biosphere 3 is my personal home. powered by a big PV im living directly next to my food, i produce more oxygen than i need to breathe so i even have to use a gas powered CO2 generator!

Akshay
    Akshay
    5 months ago
    It's funny to see him contradicting himself in 2022 vs 2016, but at least he's coming out with the truth now? And not propagating a false reality

skyeplus
    skyeplus
    5 months ago
    We're gonna have an all-consuming challenge of saving Earth pretty soon. Earth must come first.

Mission Failed
    Mission Failed
    5 months ago
    I still have my "Mars One" mug.

Rey Deflamenco
    Rey Deflamenco
    5 months ago
    I would gladly contribute to an Indie fund to get Elon Musk and all his idiot acolytes some thirty five million miles away. This would drastically reduce both carbon emissions and the stupidity quotient of the human race. All in all, a win win.

mark novak
    mark novak
    5 months ago
    success is one of the possible outcomes. I cant get over that quote. it says everything you need to know about him.

2 replies
    MikoMania
    MikoMania
    5 months ago
    Oh man if their plan actually works and they send people its gona be a series of rescue missions 1 after another xD

Jeff W
    Jeff W
    5 months ago
    The most NASA has ever successfully landed on Mars was about 2-tons.
    Starship plans on landing 100+ tons on the surface of Mars.
    This whole thing is a farce because of that fact alone.

son goku
    son goku
    5 months ago
    wow, 200000 dollars only to be laboratory mice & die in vain in the space. hahahaha.

3 replies
    Colin Berg
    Colin Berg
    5 months ago
    Saving this for 20 years from now when a Starship lands humans on Mars for NASA. Obviously your main gripe was with colonization but it will still be fun to look back.

1 reply
    Sun Tzu
    Sun Tzu
    5 months ago
    With the whole reusable space ship thing, do people really not know about the Soviet Buran program? Literally 100% reusable spacecraft that takes off from a conventional runway, and all happed in the 80's.

Ferenc Szabo
    Ferenc Szabo
    5 months ago
    They land, somehow survive, taking more resources from Earth, research mining, claim independence, some wealthy human declare war with Earth because he wants a vacation home there...

El Ectric
    El Ectric
    5 months ago
    Jesus Christ, lots of salty Muskitos in the comment section

World Shaper
    World Shaper
    5 months ago
    I like your video and all. But we will find a way to do this.

Master Shake
    Master Shake
    5 months ago
    Musk and Zuckerberg are Androids.

David Hitchen
    David Hitchen
    5 months ago
    It takes nine months to get to Mars. He is claiming that he will build a spacecraft to take a bunch of people there with all they need to eat and breath and with all the materials they need to build a self sustained living space there even though nobody has ever successfully built one here on Earth. How big is this craft? What's it's payload capacity?

Spiritual Anarchist
    Spiritual Anarchist
    5 months ago
    Why Mars ? Why not start with the Moon and see how it goes from there . I don't understand this whole Mars hype .

YellowGreen Go
    YellowGreen Go
    6 months ago
    well i guess spacex hasn't had any fuel loading explosions in a long time, always something. that and doing a quarter of all global orbital launches in 2021

Merser
    Merser
    6 months ago
    i definitely think a moon base is far more realistic. It's close by and people have been there before and came back safely

2 replies
    WhiteWolf
    WhiteWolf
    6 months ago
    You are wrong. Despite all the risks you are going to have people who are willing to go to Mars. Humanity has always pushed the frontier on exploration, from early risky sea voyages, to going to the moon, and the next step is Mars. You simply lack any form of long term vision and seem to be some kind of technology luddite that think we've hit the peak.

1 reply
    Top Hat
    Top Hat
    6 months ago
    Should have gambling on the starship

Gaelic Reaction
    Gaelic Reaction
    6 months ago
    Does it even have a parachute? Imagine if they have passengers on board and it's falling through the Marian atmosphere, with only the rocket boosters to land it, and it say the rocket boosters fail. What happens? Is there any way to escape? Is there a backup mechanism?

Carlos Conceição
    Carlos Conceição
    6 months ago (edited)
    I am not a Musk fan, but the creator is missing the point. Most high risk ventures begin as cons or leaps of faith, and it's interchangeable. People that were coming as early settlers to the Americas would often be conned by the companies that were setup to colonize a certain region. They weren't told most would die, and that the company would try to exploit them, and that the boats carrying them weren't very fit for purpose.
    Like it or not, without playing on people's expectations it is very difficult to get somethings of the ground. Musk plays on a show, and in most cases I would say he's his own worst enemy. But at the same time he keeps advancing the ball, and that makes it easier to forgive and forget.
    And although his timetable is ludicrous, this is a show to promote and keep the interest, the actual time and means of implementation will be different. And if starship is able to be reliably operated, even if doesn't go to Mars, you end up with a precursor to something like a Portuguese caravel in space. A vehicle that could help to explore the inner solar system.

Steven Wilson
    Steven Wilson
    6 months ago
    The FAA in the US is cock-blocking SpaceX making it hard to fly missions into space which is a problem for the future of humanity that this agency has the right to determine how space innovation can happen.

Pixelboy
    Pixelboy
    6 months ago
    I still find it incredible that morons believe this snake oil salesman.

Vytas Rauckis
    Vytas Rauckis
    6 months ago
    Why doesn't he just use his 3d designers and animators and just say he already colonized Mars. People already think his designs are examples of his genius.

Joshua Shelton
    Joshua Shelton
    6 months ago
    Have you heard of the new light speed engine?

going home
    going home
    6 months ago
    Is Musk seeing his lot in life to be a clown or is he trying to make clowns out of his Mars mission customers?

TanzanianRoots
    TanzanianRoots
    6 months ago
    Let me sum up the video to save you the time: Thunderfoot prefers the safety of a couch rather than a dangerous space adventure, and so should you.

Bald Eagle
    Bald Eagle
    6 months ago
    Thunderfoot I absolutely love your videos I love how you run your channel I loved the episode about busting veritasium. But I believe Elon musk has an ambition that Humanity needs exploration and Discovery is in our core nature you are correct failure if most likely to happen. But simply not trying due to the fear of failure will get us all no where.

Henry Liu
    Henry Liu
    6 months ago
    Hey, it will fail, so let's not even try. Great attitude Mr. Thunderfoot

1 reply
    DEIMOSLOL
    DEIMOSLOL
    6 months ago (edited)
    if you watch the vid on his mission it says that he will only provide the rocket as a means of transportation to get there and back and - he uses the california railway as an analogy to hope people will be inspired and go colonize- he provides the technology - colonizing is a different story

Jack Daniel
    Jack Daniel
    6 months ago (edited)
    I don’t see the point in colonizing Mars in modern day. But hey, if you can get the same people who bought monkey NFTs to buy this and go frig off to another planet, I’m totally down for that idea.

Smoke-This
    Smoke-This
    6 months ago
    Hey TFOOT have you seen this video, it's about 5 months old called "portable nuclear power" ? Pretty sure the brand/ product is Mr.fission... what you think of it?

mike198383
    mike198383
    6 months ago
    even if he got people to go on this trip the physical changes it does to the human body and also who can handle Zero G Physically and Mentally. Feel most people would loose their mind before even getting there.

Why I Believe
    Why I Believe
    6 months ago
    John 3:16-21 (ESV) 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

neomt2
    neomt2
    6 months ago
    Don't kid yourselves, this push for mars is purely rich guys wanting offworld slaves, a planet with a solid core and barely any atmosphere and tiny magnetic field is nothing but a prison

1 reply
    memespace
    memespace
    6 months ago
    Gravity wells are for suckers. Start at the moon, go to asteroids and make O'Neil cylinders. But Mars is a waste of fuel.

Mike Hunt
    Mike Hunt
    6 months ago
    It's all fake! ALL OF IT! Even when you watch it on your programming boxes when it arrives on Mars IT'S STILL FAKE! Just use your eyes and critical brain on any video they show you of "space" and you'll find all kinds of mistakes...

Richard Vasquez
    Richard Vasquez
    6 months ago
    Try living on MRE's for just 1 WEEK and try to honestly tell us if you can live on that CRAP 🤢🤮 for the rest of your life? 🤦‍♂️
    Think that's too tough? That's what military members in the field eat while they're at war.
    From what I recall, everyone wanted the "Roast Beef", and they NEVER had enough of them. 🤦‍♂️

Richard Vasquez
    Richard Vasquez
    6 months ago
    If I had the money I would do this:
    Sample Return Mission
    Just send a small robot to collect samples, bring it to a return ship and send it back.
    That's smaller, cheaper, more PROFITABLE to shareholders. 🙄
    Then I'd SELL that Mars soil to ANYONE that wants to pay that price.
    If NASA won't pay up, then screw them. 🖕
    I'll also sell some to Putin (triple priced) just to piss off this country and SHAME this country into building a better space program. 😡

Pouc Pouc
    Pouc Pouc
    6 months ago
    You basically people trained in survival, psychologically strong, resourceful, able to face the worse adversity can throw at them. On the side, they will need resources for oxygen (N2?), water (you need to get drinking water fast as well as grow stuff quickly), soil (Mars’s soil and s such is not good for plant life, bioengineering of bacteria to treat soil!?!),… In brief, you need astronauts not regular people paying for their trips. This is suicide and the scammer is ready to sacrifice them for his personal purpose.
    Also, when is somebody going to realize that (besides the lack of protective magnetic field) gravity on Mars is much less than on Earth. Studies have to be done on long term effects on plants and animals before sending unprepared people on an unprepared and dangerous mission with no hope of getting help in a reasonable time frame. Musk read too many comics and watches too many sci-fi movies.

Nikhil Jain
    Nikhil Jain
    6 months ago
    Gotta love the Riddick series.

Jonaleth Irenicus
    Jonaleth Irenicus
    6 months ago
    I think Musk is just trolling rich people to their deaths. You honestly think he’s stupid and made that much money? Does anyone here make so much money? Elon took thunderf00t’s gold hammer scheme and made it reality.

Graeme Lastname
    Graeme Lastname
    6 months ago
    "Secure the future of life?" That's pretty easy, get rid of all these damn human liars.

Craig Duncan
    Craig Duncan
    6 months ago
    My zero G game would be to float in the air with my legs tucked in and face forward, then farting as hard and long as possible to start propelling myself forwards. See how fast I could make myself go 🌬

Flavio Herrera
    Flavio Herrera
    6 months ago
    space will only serve for high manufacturing, nothing else. Send robots to mars not humans

bluefishblitz
    bluefishblitz
    6 months ago
    12:00 (where's the seal clap?)

Martin Tirpák
    Martin Tirpák
    6 months ago
    umm, I did not see Elon claim sending people to Mars will be a great business from financial standpoint.
    He always overpromises and misses timelines, but that is to be expected of him. He has some wild claims but he also has build interesting stuff. His Falcon 9 is the cheapest ride to orbit, it launches and lands like a clockwork. Dragon works well and ferries both astronauts and commercial flights to space. Falcon heavy is the biggest operational rocket. Starlink is online with thousands of sattelites and is helping Ukraine in the war times. Tesla is expanding and opening new factories all over the planet.
    Elon deserves both criticism for unreasonable claims and praise for his achievements.

Ig Ja
    Ig Ja
    6 months ago
    And no, starship won't fail on Mars. It will fail before getting created

mrevilevil2
    mrevilevil2
    6 months ago
    I will truly never understand the obsession with trying to live on a desolate, barren rock any time soon when we have evolved millions of years to live on an Eden that is in the perfect Goldilocks zone and has an atmosphere, oxygen, water, life. Every single effort should be dedicated to saving this planet for the next 100,000 years because that is Plan A, B and C. Short of earth completely imploding, recovering from any disaster on this planet will be immeasurably easier than making Mars habitable any time soon. But saying that is anti-science or anti-progress apparently…

7 replies
    zane Elliot
    zane Elliot
    6 months ago
    Musks trained monkeys will clap for anything he says

Gerald Dohr
    Gerald Dohr
    6 months ago
    Literally everything this imposter ever touched went up in smoke and NO, cars already existed before Tesla .....
    This is nothing but kid with too much money and no detailed knowledge on anything- his contribution has never been anything but "releasing money".
    Musk himself is nothing but a burden an every single project and he immediately could be replaced by any donkey with average intelligence.

Kered Finn
    Kered Finn
    6 months ago
    I am truly disappointed Mr Thunderf00t that you do not appreciate the beauty of this system that Mr Musk has dreamed up... Reducing the co2 production of the planet and getting paid for it is no mean feat... And i know what you're thinking "how do we know that clever people that are needed for the future development of this planet are not going to participate in this brilliant plan" and therein lies the beauty of Mr Masks idea... built in screening with a 100% accuracy rate... what a mind blowing accomplishment. I do fear though that selling Tesla's may become harder if not outright challenging as it appears to be the same demographic. But I'am sure Mr Mosk will have a plan.

Marko Feller
    Marko Feller
    6 months ago (edited)
    why dont he move to mars first?
    also, why mars? why not the moon?

Ray of Light 62
    Ray of Light 62
    6 months ago (edited)
    It is - without any shadow of doubt - a very, very optimistic proposition. I mean, the proposed dates are overly optimistic.
    There is also the consideration that Starship is still a prototype that never left Earth atmosphere; even if all the calculations for the propulsion and the navigation are correct, and the rocket engines in both the ship and the booster behave as expected, the behaviour of the thermal shield is still a big "IF".
    Space engineers always made all the capsules meant for atmospheric reentry just that, "capsules" and nothing bigger, because bigger masses meant more energy to dissipate via the heat shield. And the heat shield is not a true shield, it is more of an "heat transfer delay device", that can be easily overwhelmed.
    Worse still, Mars atmosphere is dense enough to generate a lot of heat from the overpressure, but not dense enough to make a parachute work effectively; to the point that a spacecraft always require propulsive landing.
    With SpaceX my stance is: not consider their given dates, and watch all their progress without being anxious.
    Take into accounts that both Boeing (with SLS) and Blue Origin (with the BE-4 engine) have accrued five years of delays with their projects, with no hope of a prompt redemption.
    Mr. Musk could easily withhold his projections of unreal timings, and still remain ahead of the pack of all Space industries with ease. The SpaceX engineers are working hard and competently, in an industry where creating a new rocket engine requires north of twenty years of time.
    Thank you for the video...

EpicDaniel
    EpicDaniel
    6 months ago
    I don‘t agree

EpicDaniel
    EpicDaniel
    6 months ago

chefpetey
    chefpetey
    6 months ago
    What happens when the spacesuits fill with poop?

Andrew Stevens
    Andrew Stevens
    6 months ago
    This **** isn't happening tell at least 2030.

Andrew Stevens
    Andrew Stevens
    6 months ago
    Venn diagram of people who want to go and what does he not know what a ven diagram is?

Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious
    6 months ago
    Elon knows none of this stuff will work, he is just saying it to troll Thunderf00t.

Marv Tomson
    Marv Tomson
    6 months ago
    why do I always feel awkwardly uncomfortable whenever Elon does one of these public speaking conferences? Seriously? I feel as if I have hang on the "get ready to cringe" moment when he speaks. The same odd feeling whenever Trump spoke.

Robert Jung
    Robert Jung
    6 months ago
    i would suggest to read about shuttle re-usability before comparing to falcon... but of course if it fits your agenda then you have no issues comparing apples to oranges... that's a textbook example of propaganda.. isn't it ?

tezzo55
    tezzo55
    6 months ago (edited)
    So here's the thing Miss Athlete's f00t, what with you being SOOOO much cleverer than that silly old Elon Musk, why not simply build a better space shuttle than him, then you can show him, and everybody else, exactly how very much cleverer you are than him. Yawn!

This Guy
    This Guy
    6 months ago
    Looking forward to an update on the more recent musk fraud

ɳɐɸɱɣ Ɖᴙσאϵ
    ɳɐɸɱɣ Ɖᴙσאϵ
    6 months ago (edited)
    its an ambitious goal to colonise another planet, to make sure humanity doesnt get whiped out if anything happens to good old earth, but to sell it to ppl, and then they need to go out and build it all? last time i checked, it was the emploer that PAYS the worker, not else around... also they shouldnt so overeager regarding the timeplan, srsly this will take some time yet lol

pAceMaker
    pAceMaker
    6 months ago
    Musk is such a muppet

Aarash Navabi
    Aarash Navabi
    6 months ago
    Unless he sends the entire boring company there to make us an underground tunnel city. Fully fueled and pressurized with self driving cars. Then send the people.

Edward Shore
    Edward Shore
    6 months ago
    Is Elon Musk's attempt to buy Twitter a distraction from his realization that the Mars mission isn't going to succeed?

MrMegaPussyPlayer
    MrMegaPussyPlayer
    6 months ago
    13:06 Some still might to want to deal with cramped dangerous living conditions, rather than to deal with the stupidity of the average human. Too bad you can't colonize a planet all by yourself.

MrMegaPussyPlayer
    MrMegaPussyPlayer
    6 months ago
    2:30 At least your life (in there) won't be that long. Though It might be that long here either. WWIII and all.

Jorden Florence
    Jorden Florence
    6 months ago
    https://youtu.be/5WuGolAXZVg

Frank Allen
    Frank Allen
    6 months ago
    I think he believes he's building the starship enterprise

ye ye
    ye ye
    6 months ago
    time to grab the popcorn.

Dan Bee
    Dan Bee
    6 months ago
    I don't think Elon Musk has ever played Kerbal Space Program.

If you wanna send 5 people to land on the Moon, grab some rocks and head back, that's one thing... The entire spacecraft is designed around simple goals. Fuel/power/life support etc.

Adding a 'payload' of inhabitable structure(s) to a space craft for base building is insanely difficult because the craft needs more power/fuel to deliver it... More power/fuel is more weight... The whole thing really starts to collapse on itself. Cost gets insane, safety/stability starts to get unmanageable.

I digress though, I've never accomplished anything 😎

Rocky Stefano
    Rocky Stefano
    6 months ago
    Pissed myself @ 6:12 - The "humans" will land on mars! No the Klingons will! Who did you think would LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For free society!

4. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,320 times in 4,085 posts

NeuraLink begins human trials.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Kryztian (26th September 2023)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,963 times in 3,473 posts

Elon Musk tells The Walt Disney Company to "Go F*ck Yourself", specifically to Bob Iger, the CEO of the company. Iger is clearly one of the oligarchs trying to dictate to "X" (formerly Twitter) what kind of content it can and can not host.

Glenn Greenwald then goes on to say, in a manner much more eloquently than Musk, how journalists either need stand up to their editors and corporate sponsors, and how he did just that when walked away from the Intercept.

"If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

ClearWater (3rd December 2023), Ewan (2nd December 2023), Miller (2nd December 2023), Vangelo (2nd December 2023)

8. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,555 times in 20,694 posts

Elon is a focus of this very interesting and far-ranging discussion, and DJ and Warner have promised to continue with it soon:
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    John Warner IV The UFO File Deception
    DarkJournalist
    158K subscribers
    LIVE PREMIERE BROADCAST FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST, 2023 9PM EST

"IN THIS SPECIAL DARK JOURNALIST EPISODE:
    Elon Musk
    UFO File
    X-Protect
    CIA UFO Disclosure
    False Whistleblowers
    Chris Mellon
    David Grusch
    Psychic Espionage

JOHN WARNER IV IS THE AUTHOR OF THE NEW EXOTIC TECHNOLOGY NOVEL: SANITY WAS A LUXURY.
    HE'S THE SON OF BANKING HEIRESS CATHERINE MELLON & SENATOR JOHN WARNER OF VIRGINIA."

Each breath a gift...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

ClearWater (3rd December 2023), Kryztian (4th December 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4