+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dancing plants

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,952 times in 2,389 posts

Question Dancing plants

I first noticed this phenomenon over 10 years ago and have only seen it a few times; mostly, I suspect, because I am just not out and about in nature very much.

I am talking of small plants, grasses, even small shrubs, that jerk backwards and forwards as though invisible gossamers pulled them back and fore. The first time I saw it I stopped and stared in wonder. The analytical brain came to the fore and began offering solutions.

A small creature is running through the grass, I cannot see it I just see the signs of its passing.

There is a micro-climate here and there is a tiny gust of wind blowing in a highly localised area.

Spiders tugging on their webs.

None of these explanation can account for what I have seen. The movement is rhythmical not random, it is rapid also. Like a guage needle hitting a stop, bouncing back but repeatedly trying to go beyond the physical brake. Also there is no movement in plants exactly adjacent to the one 'dancing'. It is a very isolated occurrence.

The first time I saw it it was very fine grasses and it was easy to dismiss as something rational that I just could not see. However the last time I saw it was on a small gorse-like (Ulex_europaeus) plant and it was only one section of the plant. I watched for somewhere between 5-10 seconds until it stopped then moved in close to study the section, looking for fine webs etc. Needless to say I could see nothing and was no closer to any kind of solution.

Anyone seen similar, any ideas?

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), badgerboy (11th October 2015), betoobig (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), chanda (11th October 2015), conk (15th October 2015), DeeMetrios (15th September 2021), Elen (11th October 2015), FinallyNow (15th October 2015), Harmony (2nd April 2022), Innocent Warrior (9th April 2022), jitu (11th October 2015), Johnnycomelately (1st April 2022), justntime2learn (1st April 2022), kirolak (11th October 2015), Kryztian (1st April 2022), meeradas (15th October 2015), Meggings (11th October 2015), Nasu (10th October 2015), Pam (3rd November 2015), Philaletheian (11th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Shannon (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (10th October 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

Default Re: Dancing plants

Quote Posted by Anakie (here)
    Not seen anything like this, or I have not noticed it, thinking, like you, of logical reasons like wind etc. My best idea is to bring your phone next time and get a short vid!... Till then...x.... N

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), betoobig (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), Meggings (11th October 2015), Mike Gorman (2nd April 2022), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Shannon (11th October 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

A possible cause of this movement could be some sort of underground worm or other, tugging at the roots.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), betoobig (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), Franny (14th September 2021), Nasu (11th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Shannon (11th October 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

I saw something similar one time, when I was in Spain. I was on my upper terrace, which put me at about treetop level with some oaks that were about 30 yards away and down a hill. As I watched, one branch on one of the oaks began to wiggle fairly vigorously. It was wind-still, and none of the other branches on the tree were moving, nor were any of the branches on any of the other trees. It was just that one branch on that one tree that was moving. Then, about 20 seconds later, the barest breeze touched me. The breeze was NOT strong enough to have moved the branch, and I was certain that the branch had created that tiny breeze, and not the other way around. Of course, my logical brain said no, that cannot be, and yet, I'm pretty sure it was.

Also, one time I saw the trees bending to observe me as I walked beneath them. Again, it was totally wind-still, but as I walked beneath them, the trees bent down slightly to watch me pass, just like I would bend to observe a small creature walking past me. They didn't do it because I am anything special...they were just observing me.

I think this kind of thing can be seen when one goes into the Nagual without realizing it. I'm sure that's what happened with both instances I described above. In the Nagual is where you see things like that happen. I'm sure they happen all the time, but if you aren't in the Nagual, you can't see them.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), badgerboy (11th October 2015), betoobig (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Elen (11th October 2015), Ewan (11th October 2015), jitu (11th October 2015), kirolak (11th October 2015), meeradas (15th October 2015), Meggings (11th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Shannon (11th October 2015), Spirithorse (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), ulli (15th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anakie (here)
    I first noticed this phenomenon over 10 years ago and have only seen it a few times; mostly, I suspect, because I am just not out and about in nature very much.

I am talking of small plants, grasses, even small shrubs, that jerk backwards and forwards as though invisible gossamers pulled them back and fore. The first time I saw it I stopped and stared in wonder. The analytical brain came to the fore and began offering solutions.

A small creature is running through the grass, I cannot see it I just see the signs of its passing.

There is a micro-climate here and there is a tiny gust of wind blowing in a highly localised area.

Spiders tugging on their webs.

None of these explanation can account for what I have seen. The movement is rhythmical not random, it is rapid also. Like a guage needle hitting a stop, bouncing back but repeatedly trying to go beyond the physical brake. Also there is no movement in plants exactly adjacent to the one 'dancing'. It is a very isolated occurrence.

The first time I saw it it was very fine grasses and it was easy to dismiss as something rational that I just could not see. However the last time I saw it was on a small gorse-like (Ulex_europaeus) plant and it was only one section of the plant. I watched for somewhere between 5-10 seconds until it stopped then moved in close to study the section, looking for fine webs etc. Needless to say I could see nothing and was no closer to any kind of solution.

Anakie, I too have observed this and kept it to myself for obvious reasons. We are no longer alone, OK?

Thank you for sharing.
    Elen

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), Meggings (11th October 2015), Mike Gorman (2nd April 2022), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Shannon (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Bio electric/magnetics of Earth and Earth's lifeforms in delicate movement.

Those plants/trees got over excited and forgot to hide
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Elen (11th October 2015), Ewan (11th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Shannon (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member badgerboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    I saw something similar one time, when I was in Spain. I was on my upper terrace, which put me at about treetop level with some oaks that were about 30 yards away and down a hill. As I watched, one branch on one of the oaks began to wiggle fairly vigorously. It was wind-still, and none of the other branches on the tree were moving, nor were any of the branches on any of the other trees. It was just that one branch on that one tree that was moving. Then, about 20 seconds later, the barest breeze touched me. The breeze was NOT strong enough to have moved the branch, and I was certain that the branch had created that tiny breeze, and not the other way around. Of course, my logical brain said no, that cannot be, and yet, I'm pretty sure it was.

Also, one time I saw the trees bending to observe me as I walked beneath them. Again, it was totally wind-still, but as I walked beneath them, the trees bent down slightly to watch me pass, just like I would bend to observe a small creature walking past me. They didn't do it because I am anything special...they were just observing me.

I think this kind of thing can be seen when one goes into the Nagual without realizing it. I'm sure that's what happened with both instances I described above. In the Nagual is where you see things like that happen. I'm sure they happen all the time, but if you aren't in the Nagual, you can't see them.
    I agree it is happening all the time. I reclaimed a large mound of fill dirt covered with poison hemlock by thorough weeding and lots of manure. The reclamation was so involved and required so much love that the mound became a small temple to me on the farm and when the first Persian baby cukes got their true leaves I could stand and watch them break through companions of nasturtiums. Growth and decay are happening in ecological time, which we don't allow ourselves to relax into, probably because we are so aware of our own mortality? Selkie, I agree what you say about being in the Nagual, but can you point me to a reference of that, as I am unfamiliar with the term in this context.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to badgerboy For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

I've seen this happen with a house plant. It shook itself. I have also seen trees dance. I was on 8 hits of LSD at the time and they actually danced. I think what I saw was their etheric bodies dancing. Anyway I really enjoyed it and danced also.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Akasha (15th October 2015), alexius (11th October 2015), badgerboy (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by badgerboy (here)
    ...Selkie, I agree what you say about being in the Nagual, but can you point me to a reference of that, as I am unfamiliar with the term in this context.
    Well, the Nagual is just the second attention, the dreaming attention, a la Castaneda. Its sort of like being on mushrooms or LSD, but you're not. You're not on drugs, but you can go into the Naugal...the dreaming attention, the second attention...anyway. It just takes unbending intent, the refusal to be afraid, and the willingness to be a little crazy (open to the unknown, the Nagual)

I guess I could say that the Nagual is the unknown, but to me, it is also the mindspace that lets you see the unknown. As far as I understand it, it is what happens when ego filters drop, or when one stops imposing one's definitions on reality. You see things that you normally don't see even though they are always there.

From my experience, it also take a great deal of slowing down. You have to slow down. You have to empty your mind...silence your mind...and then just observe without imposing any categories of thought on what you see.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), badgerboy (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), FinallyNow (15th October 2015), Inaiá (20th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), seah (12th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    I've seen this happen with a house plant. It shook itself. I have also seen trees dance. I was on 8 hits of LSD at the time and they actually danced. I think what I saw was their etheric bodies dancing. Anyway I really enjoyed it and danced also.
    That's alot of acid!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to badgerboy For This Post:

alexius (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Mike Gorman (2nd April 2022), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

...Selkie, I agree what you say about being in the Nagual, but can you point me to a reference of that, as I am unfamiliar with the term in this context.
    Well, the Nagual is just the second attention, the dreaming attention, a la Castaneda. Its sort of like being on mushrooms or LSD, but you're not. You're not on drugs, but you can go into the Naugal...the dreaming attention, the second attention...anyway. It just takes unbending intent, the refusal to be afraid, and the willingness to be a little crazy (open to the unknown, the Nagual)

I guess I could say that the Nagual is the unknown, but to me, it is also the mindspace that lets you see the unknown. As far as I understand it, it is what happens when ego filters drop, or when one stops imposing one's definitions on reality. You see things that you normally don't see even though they are always there.

From my experience, it also take a great deal of slowing down. You have to slow down. You have to empty your mind...silence your mind...and then just observe without imposing any categories of thought on what you see.
    You have explained this well (and succinctly). This is what happens when I accept things in ecological time. i am a cog in what happens in ecological time but as only part, my influence is within a symbiosis, never control. And the rest is wild raw unknown, plant devas and faeries, much of which manifests later as food.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to badgerboy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (11th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

...my influence is within a symbiosis, never control. And the rest is wild raw unknown, plant devas and faeries, much of which manifests later as food.
    When the shamans say that the plants tell them things, they really mean it

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Elen (12th October 2015), Ewan (11th October 2015), meeradas (15th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), WhiteFeather (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Well, the Nagual is just the second attention, the dreaming attention, a la Castaneda.

I guess I could say that the Nagual is the unknown..

You have to empty your mind...silence your mind...and then just observe without imposing any categories of thought on what you see.
    Good description of what I sometimes call a 'state of wonder'. If I had to elaborate it would be the complete suspension of judgement. I don't KNOW what I am seeing so I am open to completely new observations/experiences.

Our default position is to judge everything that we see with what we have taken to be normal/true. In other words we look at everything through a lens of pre-formed judgement. To bypass that is a blessing I feel.

Thank you for all the responses in this thread, I wasn't sure it would evoke any.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Which post reminds me. One of the daily lessons from the ACIM (a course in miracles) states.

I have given everything I see all the meaning it has.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

badgerboy (11th October 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Elen (12th October 2015), Johnnycomelately (1st April 2022), meeradas (15th October 2015), Mike Gorman (2nd April 2022), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), Selkie (11th October 2015), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (11th October 2015), wondering (1st April 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Saw it fairly often in 2012 while hiking in various places. The plants/ grasses would dance, sway and almost beckon to be watched. I did watch. No entheogens either. The most striking thing was seeing the one plant doing it from say 20 yards away, then allowing mind to go through all its deductions and logic. Oftentimes there were no breezes and if there was the slightest breeze they could be seen acting evenly upon several plants and they did not dance or call in the same fashion. I also saw them just stop... like in a scary movie only this never frightened me.

It is a very cool phenomenon.
    It's time to change this.

Be cautious of placing oneself in a category it may serve to box you in and not even be correct.

The quotes alone on peoples signatures are reason enough to be here.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FinallyNow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (27th March 2016), meeradas (15th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), wondering (1st April 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Got a chill reading about your experience. A few months back I was watching football on TV when I noticed something move in my periphery. Looking over, my big corn plant was twisting and turning. I almost ran out of the house! There was no breeze, no one else in the house, no apparent reason for the leaves moving around. While not willing to bet anything on it, it did seem there was an odd sound as well.

I've since talked to the plant and encouraged it to interact with me again. Still waiting.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (27th March 2016), FinallyNow (17th October 2015), Inaiá (20th October 2015), meeradas (15th October 2015), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), wondering (1st April 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    That's alot of acid!
    Yeah, back in 1984, my nick name was Off the Wall and on the Edge.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Ewan (26th March 2021), Nasu (15th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), wondering (1st April 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

Thank you for posting this, it resonates with me. I had forgotten something long ago, which your explanation reminded me, not quite dancing plants, but in a similar vein.

Many years ago I was into Bikes, motorbikes. Anyway, I had driven all day and was a little saddle sore and needing a break. I was driving through a forest and saw a pick nick stop, so pulled in. I was alone, no other cars or people. So I parked my bike and went into a clearing with places for BBQ's and some wooden benches. Anyway I found a nice patch of grass and lay down, putting my jacket over my helmet for a pillow.

So i'm lying there, very tired, very much at peace, almost snoozing off, when I noticed something odd, a very faint and otherworldly distant rhythmic hum. At first, being tired and such, I paid it little attention and just relaxed, but after a time I began to wonder what the rhythmic hum was, every time I opened my eyes it would stop, every time! So, being a playful soul, I played with it and kept my eyes shut. So now that my focus was clear i could hear the hum more clearly, but could not define where or rather from which direction it was coming from.

Again very mysteriously, every time I opened my eyes and moved my head about it would disappear, only to return when I relaxed and closed my eyes!! Very weird, so I played with it more, keeping my eyes shut and just moving my head about to see from where this ever so slight a hum was coming from, I could not work out a direction, it seemed directionless.

There was no electric lines or civilization near, so far as I knew, I was in a small grassy cut out within a reasonably large forest.. So after about thirty minutes of this, the hum was quite loud in my head, really rhythmic, its hard to put into words, the closest would be - wa wa wa wa wa wa wa etc. Rhythmic like a hart beat but everywhere!

I then slowly opened my eyes, keeping my head very still and could still hear it to the same degree. So I just lay there with my eyes open, listening. I watched the tops of the trees sway in front of me with the wind. I watched as the wind picked up they would sway with vigor, then calm down again and settle as it faded. Then I realized that the trees were making the hum as they swayed in the wind! As I realized this truth before me, the sound became even clearer and I could see that the trees were talking or singing in some way, the wind helped them to talk to each other!! No wind no chatter, wind came the hum. This was a hum from another dimension mind you, it was not an audible sound, the hum was in my head, not in or from my ears.

I lay there In awe and wonder for another hour, experiencing this new found truth. I think I tried to tell some people back then, they probably thought me nuts so I forgot it completely, until you reminded me.. I grew up around trees, woody creaks etc, this was something I had never "heard" before or since.. My tired state no doubt helped me listen to them. It is a most Wonderfull sound, like when you swing a tube in the air, wa wa wa wa wa!!!.... Thank you so much for helping me to remember!!!xxx.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 15th October 2015 at 22:52.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), conk (16th October 2015), Ewan (27th March 2016), Inaiá (20th October 2015), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), wondering (1st April 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Bumping this beacause I have come to learn the Nagual is a very real thing. A state of open wonder where you suspend all your belief systems and are just open to what is truly around you.

Lest you are as little children ye shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Last edited by Ewan; 14th September 2021 at 19:51. Reason: spelling

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Blacklight43 (14th September 2021), Brigantia (1st April 2022), DeDukshyn (14th September 2021), meeradas (15th September 2021), Nasu (15th September 2021), Patient (14th September 2021), Philippe (15th September 2021), RunningDeer (1st April 2022), wondering (14th September 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

The flora and fauna are my family. I walk and we talk and when breeze comes to play, it’s an all out party. We exchange light energy and chatter and smiles and gratitude.

I use to stand by a row of trees on the property and put heart focus on one. She’d move her branches as if a gentle breeze came by.

I’ve shared this elsewhere. It was an experience I had while on my walk. I call it “Tree Talk”.
    This is a graphic I made of a sycamore tree from a series of photos I shot. It has unique character and it’s what inspired me to make it.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd April 2022 at 02:52.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Brigantia (1st April 2022), Ewan (1st April 2022), Harmony (2nd April 2022), Peace in Oz (2nd April 2022), Wind (1st April 2022), wondering (1st April 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)

Bumping this beacause I have come to learn the Nagual is a very real thing. A state of open wonder where you suspend all your belief systems and are just open to what is truly around you.

Lest you are as little children ye shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Lest you are as little children... Ewan, I'm reminded of another post that I've no doubt added too many times.
    There was a place on the property we called, “FairyLand”. As I got older it was easy to rationalize it away. My nephew helped rekindle what I knew to be real:
    The kids and adults went for an early evening walk. I caught my nephew who was six or seven give a wave towards a row of forsythia bushes. His face said it all. He checked to see if anyone saw what he saw. I leaned over and whispered, “You see them, too?” He shook his head and grinned.
    Forsythia

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2022), Brigantia (1st April 2022), Ewan (1st April 2022), Harmony (2nd April 2022), Patient (1st April 2022), Peace in Oz (2nd April 2022), wondering (1st April 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast