+ Reply to Thread
Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst 1 331 381 421 431
Results 8,601 to 8,616 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #8601
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

I spend a lot of time listening to David Carse -- freewill????
    the jury is out.
    No way would I willingly have gone through what I went through the last two years exercising free will.
    Addicts are self ish -- broken promises -- good intention but they string you along to get the money for a fix.
    I could see the loving being beneath all that but I knew where it was going.
    A no win situation
    However, she knew my love was unconditional -- genuine, no agenda.
    She appreciated greatly that the love was that way -- and did her best to return it.
    Compassion can get you into a lot of trouble but it was worth it.

Thanks for all the kind comments
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (16th September 2023), Docim369 (8th January 2024), gini (17th October 2023), Harmony (17th September 2023), Heart-2-Heart (17th September 2023), NancyV (17th September 2023), O Donna (16th September 2023), RunningDeer (16th September 2023), Vangelo (17th October 2023), Wind (17th September 2023)

3. Link to Post #8602
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Way Out is the Way In - Mooji

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (17th October 2023), Harmony (17th October 2023), Vangelo (17th October 2023), Wind (17th October 2023)

5. Link to Post #8603
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This says it all --what else do you need --smiling.

Mooji - 10 Seconds Is All You NEED

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (10th December 2023), Ernie Nemeth (10th December 2023), Ewan (11th December 2023), gini (10th December 2023), Harmony (10th December 2023), Mike (10th December 2023), Vangelo (10th December 2023), Wind (10th December 2023)

7. Link to Post #8604
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,293 times in 914 posts

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

ClearWater (11th December 2023), Docim369 (6th January 2024), greybeard (11th December 2023), Harmony (13th December 2023), Wind (11th December 2023)

9. Link to Post #8605
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,684 times in 1,424 posts

The Rubin Report with Bret Weinstein | I Can’t Overstate How Dire This Is
    (1:01:43)
    Dave Rubin of “The Rubin Report" talks to Bret Weinstein about the decline of enlightenment liberalism;
    whether tribalism is Western civilization’s future;
    why Western civilization has been reversing course on racial equality;
    the missteps of the New Atheists and the challenge of reconciling past wisdom with modern problems;
    the societal consequences of rapid progressivism;
    the arbitrary nature and pointlessness of a lot of our education;
    the unintended impacts of discarding established norms;
    the human tendency to focus on immediate problems while avoiding thoughtful analysis to avoid unintended chaos;
    the need for a balanced approach that respects both conservative and progressive instincts in societal evolution;
    Elon Musk's unexpected role in the Twitter free speech battle;
    his personal meeting with Musk and Musk subsequently blocking him;
    the challenges faced by individuals who have strengths like courage and insight but who struggle to collaborate effectively;
    and much more.
    One thing which stood out here is, like the Tucker Carlson interview posted in another thread, it is acknowledged from the outset that we - humanity - are literally at war, the outcome of which will determine our future.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable" (John F Kennedy - 13th March 1962)
    "The only winning move is not to play" (WarGames 1983)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

greybeard (13th December 2023), Harmony (18th December 2023), Vangelo (18th December 2023)

11. Link to Post #8606
    Thanks

Beautyful mini docu about the dramatic & adventureous ilfe of Gurdjieff, his projects,dances and communes,his travels and his work& teachings in general.

With very touching piano music from Thomas de Hartman & Gurdjieff. -2 jul 2023
    A documentary on George Gurdjieff with Armenian sub-titles. Contains original and rare footage of the Gurdjieff movements and music from the 1920's and covers the basis of his teaching in his own words.

George Gurdjieff was born in 1867 in Gyumri (formerly Alexandropol) in Armenia. His father Ivan was Greek and his mother Yeva was Armenian.

The film was made by Jean-Claude Lubtchansky, a close associate of Madame de Salzmann, with the support of the Gurdjieff Institute in France and is best viewed in full screen on a television or laptop.

Osho described Gurdjieff as one of the most significant spiritual masters of this era and indeed this is a film well worth watching.

Gurdjieff's teaching is fully described in the book called "In Search of the Miraculous" which can be read at http://www.gurdjieff.am

Your comments are welcome. We live on a wonderful and possibly unique planet in the universe and can only be grateful for every second of life that is granted to us.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

ClearWater (18th December 2023), greybeard (24th December 2023), Harmony (18th December 2023), Ioneo (15th January 2024), Seeclearly (18th December 2023), Vangelo (18th December 2023), Wind (18th December 2023), Yoda (25th March 2024)

13. Link to Post #8607
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Awakening, Conscious Relating & Cultivating The Fire For Self Discovery | Mooji

Thanks to Wind

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (24th December 2023), Ernie Nemeth (24th December 2023), Harmony (24th December 2023), O Donna (28th December 2023), Wind (24th December 2023), Yoda (25th March 2024)

15. Link to Post #8608
    Thanks

--For centuries, followers of Shankara, Ramanuja, and Madhva have argued stridently about the nature of absolute, universal reality - brahman. This divisiveness might possibly be harmful to sincere spiritual seekers. What can be done to resolve these differences?

Vedanta is based on the teachings of the ancient rishis, teachings found in the last section of the ancient Vedic scriptures, Upanishads. It’s also based on the Bhagavad Gita and the highly analytical text, Brahma sutras. Shankara strictly interpreted each of those scriptures according to the principle of advaita, non-duality. Ramanuja interpreted each of them according to the principles of vishishta advaita, qualified nondualism. And Madhva interpreted each of them according to the principles of dvaita, duality. Other interpretations of those scriptures include:
    Bhedabheda of Yadava Prakasha
    Dvaitadvaita of Nimbarka
    Shuddhadvaita of Vallabha
    Achintya Bhedbheda of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu

In commentaries and in scholarly texts like Advaita Siddhi of Madhusudana Sarasvati, the followers of all these great Vedantic traditions have always disagreed and argued about the nature of brahman - being with or without qualities or characteristics - nirguna, saguna, nirvishesha, or savishesha. They also argued about the nature of the material world: satyam, mithya, real, false, separate, or non-separate. And they argued about the nature of the individual person, jiva. In their arguments, they often used a powerful scholarly technique called purva-paksha siddhanta, in which an opposing point of view is deliberately introduced and developed for the sake of discussion. Then, it is thoroughly refuted by showing its defects according to traditional logic, nyaya, and new logic, navya nyaya.

These three Vedantic perspectives can be reconciled through the important principle of adhikari bheda, the principle of recognizing the differences (bheda) among spiritual seekers (adhikaris), that each person has different religious preferences and spiritual needs. In this way, the teachings of advaita, vishishtadvaita, and dvaita can be understood to serve the needs of different groups of students. Each teaching is capable of leading them to moksha, liberation.

0:00 Shankara, Ramanuja & Madhva
    9:14 The Problem of Divisiveness
    19:58 Reconciling the Three Perspectives

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (31st December 2023), ClearWater (31st December 2023), greybeard (31st December 2023), Harmony (31st December 2023), Wind (31st December 2023), Yoda (25th March 2024)

17. Link to Post #8609
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,519 times in 831 posts

RE:1593294][youtube]8-hwSgKNHD4

[/QUOTE]

[...]

0:00 Shankara, Ramanuja & Madhva
    9:14 The Problem of Divisiveness
    19:58 Reconciling the Three Perspectives[/QUOTE]

May we search for more clarity on where human spiritualities derived their source material, and in that approach better appreciate that through the ages a variety of divergent writings collected even about many teachings.

As to the source, and beyond my level, in The Secret Doctrine, By H. P. Blavatsky she wrote:

Quote "Tradition says, that it was taken down in Senzar, the secret sacerdotal tongue, from the words of the Divine Beings, who dictated it to the sons of Light, in Central Asia, at the very beginning of the 5th (our) race; for there was a time when its language (the Sen-zar) was known to the Initiates of every nation, when the forefathers of the Toltec understood it as easily as the inhabitants of the lost Atlantis, who inherited it, in their turn, from the sages of the 3rd Race, the Manushis, who learnt it direct from the Devas of the 2nd and 1st Races. The "illustration" spoken of in "Isis" relates to the evolution of these Races and of our 4th and 5th Race Humanity in the Vaivasvata Manvantara or "Round"; each Round being composed of the Yugas of the seven periods of Humanity; four of which are now passed in our life cycle, the middle point of the 5th being nearly reached."

Divisiveness could however energize further searching and development of mental consciousness as a result of continued mental-ized, mindful exercise.

Allowing for much simplification and no specific citations or dates, the "original' Rishis" were actually Atlanteans using the language Senzar... Atlantis extends back into the Pleistocene epoch ending about 10,000 years ago. Just imagine how many human struggled through all those ages, how we ourselves likely incarnated through it all, groping for development or not, divisively or cooperatively.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Docim369 (6th January 2024), gini (31st December 2023), greybeard (31st December 2023), Harmony (1st January 2024), Wind (31st December 2023), Yoda (16th January 2024)

19. Link to Post #8610
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Twin flames Something different -- for me
    Not my belief system but its happening in my life --that is a very recent relation ship
    The friend -- had a kundalini awakening when I was doing healing on her
    She followed the Twin flame pattern -- was overwhelmed and cut off company with me -- that is 6 weeksafter wee met rhrough a series of coincidences-- 28 years younger than me--all within the Twin flame pattern
    Has anyone here had similar
    Chris

The Great Arcanum – Kundalini and Twin Flames

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (17th January 2024), gini (15th January 2024), Harmony (15th January 2024), Wind (15th January 2024), Yoda (16th January 2024)

21. Link to Post #8611
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 times in 183 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Has anyone here had similar
    Yes. I did quite a lot of reading on the subject of Twin Flames around 20 years ago due to a situation that was similar enough. So cliché - like a movie scene... When our eyes met for the first time there was instantly an explosion of my heart that made it expand well outside of the bounds of my body. Time stopped. Instant recognition of someone I didn't know. Had the overwhelming urge to drop to my knees and profess my love. Only thing that stopped me was that I was interviewing her for a job. She ended up getting hired and I found out she was in a relationship and they had a young child together, so I didn't say anything. I barely slept for the next 6 months because I tingled every time I got near her, and I felt an overwhelming urge to tell her about my experience and how I was feeling. Her relationship ended. I came clean on what I had experienced. She confirmed she experienced the same. She felt like it was 'meant to be', but she wasn't ready for a relationship (understandably). She eventually couldn't handle being around me anymore because of the intensity. She left the job, disconnected her phone, disappeared. Another former coworker that was friends with her called me a month later to relay that she was okay but just couldn't handle being around me. I never heard from her again. Took a while to get over that one.

When it comes to the concept of Twin Flames, I think (but am not 100% convinced) that it's a real thing. But I also think it's really hard to know if any person you may meet on Earth is actually your Twin Flame. I don't see any reason why a similar experience couldn't be had between individuals that aren't Twin Flames. I believe we have 'ties' to many of the people we encounter in our lives - some very strong, others less so. But ultimately I have never been able to see how it makes any difference what those ties are. I just acknowledge that there's something there that affected me in some kind of way, but that the definitions don't ultimately matter.

I personally found it to be counter-productive to categorize what happened as a 'Twin Soul/Flame' experience. The bottom line is that I had to deal with what happened in this lifetime on this planet as best I could, and fixating on the "grandness" of the relationship only made that more difficult, so I just let it go and moved on. I didn't even want to move on for a long time and had that mindset that I would wait forever. It wasn't easy - took me a good 5 years to really work through the experience and fully process it mentally and emotionally to the point that I even wanted to move on. I've been happily in a relationship for the last 12 years and have no regrets or ill feelings - wouldn't change anything in hindsight.

I have known many others that have experienced something similar. So yes, you are not alone in this type of experience.
    Last edited by ClearWater; 18th January 2024 at 01:52.
    "Be a Light to Yourself" ~ J. Krishnamurti

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClearWater For This Post:

gini (18th January 2024), greybeard (20th January 2024), Harmony (18th January 2024), Wind (17th January 2024), Yoda (25th March 2024)

23. Link to Post #8612
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Clear Water for sharing this.
    My Twin Flame is in denial and ended a beautiful relationship abruptly. She did say "What have you done to me? Have you bewitched me?" She could not cope --overwhelmed with what came up and had to end it.

It all was classic Twin Flame Runner. Her Kundalini wss awakened and vibrated in harmony with what was happening in mine..
    Im 28 years older than her but that is not unusual with twin flames.

It may fit with my concept of non-duality -- we are one soul -- she is my other half, and we are one with the Divine
    i have difficulty forgetting her, considering it only lasted about 6 weeks.
    It was the most beautiful relationship I have had in my life and I believe Divine love flowed through both of us when we were close together, an awesome experience that went on and on. -- I believe it was brought about by Divine intervention but I am doing my best to let go of her and the Twin Flame concept.
    love Chris

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (17th January 2024), gini (18th January 2024), Harmony (18th January 2024), Miller (27th February 2024), Wind (17th January 2024), Yoda (25th March 2024)

25. Link to Post #8613
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 times in 183 posts

I love how Michael Singer communicates. Here are a couple of recent videos of him.

Quote In this interview, Michael and I talk about spirituality, reality, and the human psyche, and he explains how you can live an unbothered, happy, and free life.

In the interview with Michael Singer, you'll find out …
    ✨ what spirituality and the spiritual path are all about,
    ✨ why your perception of reality is not reality,
    ✨ who you are as a spiritual being,
    ✨ in which moment you begin to spiritually awaken,
    ✨ how to release fear & painful experiences, and
    ✨ what the key to inner peace & freedom is.

00:00–08:21 Michael Singer's definition of spirituality & reality
    08:21–15:16 What happens when we store uncomfortable experiences
    15:17–24:10 How to handle life
    24:11–33:39 The reason we block our hearts
    33:40–39:33 Reaching your highest state of being
    39:34–45:59 Learning to trust in the unknown
    46:00–54:11 Why we cling to material things
    54:12–1:01:42 Changing from within & ascending
    1:01:43–1:05:51 Life after death
    "Be a Light to Yourself" ~ J. Krishnamurti

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClearWater For This Post:

gini (18th January 2024), greybeard (18th January 2024), Harmony (18th January 2024), Wind (19th January 2024), Yoda (25th March 2024)

27. Link to Post #8614
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,784 times in 2,557 posts

Liked this excerpt from an eastern legend by Manly P Hall:

"There is a legend among the Orientals to the effect that Kundalini, the goddess of the serpentine spinal fire, growing tired of heaven, decided to visit the new earth which was being formed in the sea of space.
    She therefore climbed down a rope ladder (umbilical cord) from heaven and found an island (fetus) in the Sea of Meru (amniotic fluids) surrounded by the mountains of Eternity (Chorion), all of which existed within the egg of Brahma (the womb of Matripadma).
    After exploring the island, Kundalini decided to return up the ladder once more, but as she was about to ascend, the ladder was cut from above (umbilical cord severed) and the island drifted off into space. In fear, Kundalini ran and hid herself in a cave (sacral plexus), where, according to certain Eastern teachings, she remains coiled like the cobra in the snake charmers basket, from which she is lured only by the three mysterious notes of the charmer's flute.
    When Kundalini begins to unwind she ascends as a sepentine stream of fire through the spinal canal and into the brain, where she stimulates the activity of the pituitary body."
    ~ Manly P. Hall

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

ClearWater (27th February 2024), gini (25th March 2024), greybeard (27th February 2024), Harmony (28th February 2024), Jaak (5th April 2024), Wind (29th February 2024), Yoda (25th March 2024)

29. Link to Post #8615
    Thanks

Nicely made biography about the remarkable indian saint Sri Ma Ananandamayi (1895-1982) ,who was a teacher for people from all walks of life,from the poor & the untouchables to presidents & leaders like Indira Gandhi ,Nerhu & Mahatma Gandhi,and admired by great yogis like Yogananda,
    -- 9 May 2023
    'The text is read by Prajna Hallstrom, and is accompanied by little-seen photographs from Sri Ma's life. This short portrayal can only give a glimpse of Ma's remarkable life and the message it conveys to the world at large.
    But it might kindle an interest to know more about what ultimately is one's own existence.'
    More at www.anandamayi.org
    and www.shreeshreeanandamayeesangha.org
    Last edited by gini; 25th March 2024 at 13:40.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

ClearWater (25th March 2024), greybeard (25th March 2024), Harmony (25th March 2024), Wind (25th March 2024), Yoda (25th March 2024)

31. Link to Post #8616
    Language
    English
    Thanks

See if you can get your head round this --smiling.
    Stick with the repetition please.
    Love Chris

The Absolute: The Great Without: Notes From That Which Isn’t,
    utilizes deconstructive unveiling which both reveals and unveils Satori.
    Satori or Kensho can be described as, “seeing into ones true nature”, or can be “experienced” as an awakening that appears to appear as an alert Samadhi; (“No me”).
    Deconstructive Unveiling dissolves the barriers that appear to appear which give the illusion of “preventing” the non-realization-realization of the Absolute as That Which Isn’t.

With Maharaj’s Grace,
    One Love
    One Mind
    Your Mirage Brother,
    Stephen-Narayan

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (4th April 2024), Wind (3rd April 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst 1 331 381 421 431