+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 431 FirstFirst 1 312 362 402 412 422 431 LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 8615

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #8221
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (11th January 2021), ClearWater (16th January 2021), Eva2 (16th January 2021), greybeard (10th January 2021), Harmony (17th January 2021), O Donna (15th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #8222
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Fighting Anxiety and Depression: Four Great Practices | Swami Sarvapriyananda

Notice this is March last year but it still applies.
    Love Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (15th January 2021), ClearWater (16th January 2021), Harmony (17th January 2021), O Donna (19th January 2021), Wind (17th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #8223
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bhagavad Gita Full Version Beautifully Recited in English

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (17th January 2021), Harmony (17th January 2021), O Donna (19th January 2021), Wind (17th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #8224
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Good timing for me, so thanks Chris.

Will be listening to the whole thing in the next couple of days. Goes well with my yoga training at this stage.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anka (17th January 2021), greybeard (17th January 2021), Harmony (17th January 2021), O Donna (19th January 2021), Wind (17th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #8225
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Discover Your Natural Self and Overcome the Mind

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (17th January 2021), Harmony (17th January 2021), O Donna (19th January 2021), Wind (17th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #8226
    Thanks

We are divine beings in a state of recovery,
    re-discovering our divinity,
    winning back ourselves from states of delusion.
    However, the mind is very much a key player
    in the drama called life, because without it,
    the consciousness cannot experience
    the necessary friction for transcendence to occur.
    And transcendence is the whole purpose of the game.
    It is a kingly game when seen
    with eyes of understanding.
    If you stay stuck in personhood, life will kick your ass.
    But if you are open to Truth, then you are continuously
    expanding into greater and greater seeing.
    Finally, you will exclaim,
    ‘I love this stepping out of the shadow of myself
    into the bright light of my Self.’
    If my words are true,
    it is you who make them true.
    They come alive inside you
    because you listen inside your heart and accept them.
    Not just the words, but what they point to
    somehow recognises itself,
    and the stagnant, the suppressed,
    vanishes in the light of this real seeing.
    The serpent-mind loses its tongue
    in the presence of the real Self.
    You are the Self.

~ Mooji
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (22nd January 2021), ClearWater (22nd January 2021), greybeard (22nd January 2021), Harmony (24th January 2021), Lunesoleil (8th March 2021), O Donna (24th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #8227
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Paul Holman ‘Freedom Through Spatial Awareness’ Interview by Iain McNay.

http://conscious.tv/single.php?vid=6225205041001

ConsciousTV home

conscious.tv - Programme News

Consciousness/Transformations

image» Paul Holman – ‘Freedom Through Spatial Awareness’ - Interview by Iain McNay

Paul is author of 'Living Space - Openness and Freedom through Spatial Awareness.' He is a Doctor with 40 years' experience in psychiatry and has a lifelong interest in mind-body relationships. He began to realize that an expanded experience of space was reported by individuals who had woken up. The work of Douglas Harding had an immediate and extraordinary effect on him and he started to look for other accounts of radical changes in perception. He feels that as Westerners we are preoccupied with foreground experiences and our attentional style is narrow which has pervaded most aspects of our lives and leads to narrow focus. Becoming aware of space has made an enormous difference in his practice and his work with clients. In this interview he talks about his experiences and his work and how an awareness of Spatial Awareness can lead to freedom.

And don't forget our two new books. 'Conversations on Awakening - Parts 1 and 2' - there's a video here and more details here.

CHECK OUT OUR TRANSCRIPTS ON CONSCIOUS.TV:

http://www.conscious.tv/text/transcripts.php

ALSO, YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AND STREAM AUDIOS OF MANY OF OUR INTERVIEWS HERE:

http://conscious.tv/audio/audio.php

AND YOU CAN SIGN UP AS FOLLOWS:

https://www.facebook.com/conscioustv/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/178560532548/

https://twitter.com/ConsciousTV_UK

AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO MAY ENJOY CONSCIOUS.TV THEN DO FORWARD THIS EMAIL ONTO THEM...

info@conscious.tv

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (24th January 2021), ClearWater (24th January 2021), Harmony (24th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #8228
    Language
    English
    Thanks

THE NATURE OF TIME IS TIED TO THE BODY - SRI NISARGADATTA MAHARAJ - AUDIOBOOK - lomakayu

PART FIVE - MEDITATIONS WITH SRI NISARGADATTA MAHARAJ
    "YOUR TRUE NATURE HAS NO MEASURE OR COLOR - Many names have been given to consciousness in the human body. It is
    not found in the objective world. It is not known to anyone. It is
    transcendental. One in a million realizes it. He realizes his own birth. He
    knows that where there is consciousness in the body, there is also the world.
    They go together. Pure consciousness by which we know we are is the
    Sadguru. It cannot be experienced objectively.
    All beings have a need to continue their beingness."
    lomakayu
    medicineofone.com

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (24th January 2021), ClearWater (24th January 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), O Donna (24th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #8229
    Language
    English
    Thanks

About Lomakayu

https://medicineofone.com/about-lomakayu/

My name is Lomakayu. It means … Everything Finished Well. One night long ago, as a very young man, I gazed up into the night sky. It was as if somehow, laid out in the pattern of the stars, there was a silent message that brought me into the feeling of my purpose for being here on earth. There was no clear message, no mission delineated, no importance bestowed upon me. It was as if an unnamable flame of desire to awaken took ahold of me. From then on, no matter what I did this flame drove it. Whether it was my writing, acting, time in the theater, being a merchant marine, traveling through civil wars in Nicaragua, living alone in a redwood forest, or studying English and Philosophy at UC Berkeley, the flame was there.

The quest had begun. To the onlooker it would not look like the ordinary quest for spiritual truth. My journey had to involve the underbelly of life. In the search for peace I had to swim in chaos. In reaching for the life of truth I had to die in many ways: face to face with the pavement beneath my Austin Healy, on my back with a knife at my throat in Colon, Panama, taking LSD laced with strychnine alone in the woods, and stumbling down the snowy streets of New York City after blowing flaming 151 rum out of my mouth. But the true flame could never die. It refused to be denied its presence.

For many years I also read voraciously from Plato to Sartre to Jean Genet‘s Our Lady of the Flowers, from books about prison escape like Papillon, to Lawrence Durrell’s Alexandria Quartet, which explores experience from different points of view. From Schopenhauer’s The World As Will And Idea to Loren Eisely’s The Immense Journey.

I played the parts of old and young men in pain in the plays of Tennessee Williams, Sam Shepard, and Eugene O’Neil’s Long Day’s Journey Into Night. I had to know the underworld from the inside out and the outside in. I had to know the core that drives suffering. I began studying people through the lens of Transformational Theater and acting. Developing my voice as an instrument of healing and using music and language all gave expression to experiences of the soul and my uniqueness as an instrument to serve the greater good began to emerge.

My first true knowing of my work here on earth was to be a writer. I wrote from the core because writing was intimately connected with my spiritual growth. Writing eventually gave expression through songs that reflected the work I did with people.

*I should add a footnote here that in 1975 I had a catastrophic auto accident that rearranged my body and brain. I lay unconscious as the dead beneath a convertible sports car in Southern Utah for i know what how long. I would never be quite the same after this. And I do believe it was this accident that led to my gift of “seeing and Feel” people’s unintegrated history which I late came to call the Soul Journey .

To an onlooker, it may have looked as though I was wandering all over the place. But I was threading a sacred necklace that would become Medicine of One bead by bead as I made my way through this earthly life. Without knowing it at the time these beads would eventually complete the Circle I would later commit myself to.

So that original flame, ignited beneath a starry sky, carried a silent, unspoken commitment to why I was here which persisted as a kind of undercurrent of destiny. Something within me was gathering skills and experience that would awaken into gifts that were part of my sacred uniqueness. Eventually, it was the ancient land of the Southwest that brought the wisdom of experience and my gifts all together, as the Medicine of One.

Thirty-two years ago I entered the Verde Valley through a gateway of rusty red rhyolite rock above the little mining town of Jerome, Arizona. I moved to that little mining town to dwell in the experience of spaciousness, not knowing then that it was here I would find the seed of the path of the Circle, the Medicine of One. I soon began guiding visitors to ancient sacred dwellings of “those who came before.” I also began guiding people to “Sacred Places” and exploring the energies that “places” have. This was just when the “Vortices” were being mythologized into existence. My own journey evolved into helping others.

“Soul dreaming”, what I also call the Soul Journey, in the shamanic tradition began to emerge at this time. It was if the land, the ancient ones and the sacred places all converged and urged me to do it. Immersing myself in the many Southwest Indian cultures around me began to draw forth and bring together all that I had learned in the 40 years prior to that time.

The study of Buddhism, Hinduism, earth-based cultures and many more joined in a unique way to give birth to my own form of Soul Retrieval and Journeying that was freeing people from their past.

In time, I moved to Old Cottonwood at the foot of Mingus Mountain, just south of Sedona where I now live with my two dogs Beauty and Sundance.

Gradually, the concept of Primordial Movements emerged, which is an intuitive body-based technique for bringing specific emotional moments/movements of the soul into the physical body to move out the unmoved blocks. This happen in real time while working with clients.

The most important development came in 1997 after I branched off on my own and began what would later be known as Medicine of One: A Non-dual Shamanic path heavily grounded in Advaita, all is one. This would empower people to be their own healer through their own basic greater presence that I now call the Big I.

The Medicine of One is born from my own imperfection, born from my own mistakes, ignorance, and errors. It reflects what I have learned. When I talk about Medicine of One I talk about myself.

Your story is mine. I am above no single one. On my path of the Medicine of One all the stories of humanity and individual humanness are mine.

I love being. I love the sky and the sun, the river and the mountains, the canyons and the trees. I love red, yellow, black, blue, and the white that holds them all. I love all the animals and I have had many who were my dearest friends precede me in this return home. I loved them, I cared for them, and many of them died in my arms sometimes as my own act of mercy for them. Losing what I love is not easy, but I love being and being in this human form is a wondrous thing. It’s a wondrous thing, but we do lose what we love and there is pain. You might ask, “How do I have a steady ground of peace in spite of loss, pain, and tragedy? How do I touch my infinite eternal self and still lovingly move through this sensuous world and enjoy it? How do I live in two worlds in the same moment?”

The desert scape goes from green to brown and back to green, from bright yellow flowers, to lavender, to white, to … the empty. I, too, must surrender to these seasonal changes, which have a cycle like the movement of the sun: a cycle, which is timely, but in a timeless way. I, too, must surrender to the empty without rushing to fill it. I am speaking of the empty when the feeling of home is shaken apart along with my identity … the empty when my closest, constant companion dies … the empty when I am disappointed in myself … the empty knowing that no one can know my world of experience no matter how precisely I might try to share its detail of feeling, no matter how many times they might smile and nod their head at me. Ah, the empty endlessness of our losses which if fully felt invokes the rain from the sky and transforms the barren winter into living spring. If we can relax and let life move through us, the waves of empty invoke their own fullness. Breathe out fully and breathing in fully is inevitable. This kind of breath is a Circle.

This Circle of breath establishes our own self-compassion to that which moves within us.

Below is the link to a kind of journal of Medicine of One flowing back in time to the late 1990’s. This is my new web site but what is below is “old”. What I say about myself is no match to the truth that you yourself see and feel. If there is a resonance that is what matters far more than what I might say about myself. It is rather how I reach out to you. In my videos and articles you will “see me”. Trust that whatever it maybe. This trust in those who do find their way to me is what allows the magic to happen. This page flows into the past and is also happening right now. I will continue to add to it.
    More About Lomakayu and Medicine of One: Evolution of The Soul Journey/ Soul Retrieval

lomakayu@medicineofone.com

https://medicineofone.com/medicine-of-one/
    Last edited by greybeard; 24th January 2021 at 11:22.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (24th January 2021), ClearWater (24th January 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), O Donna (24th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #8230
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Adyashanti — The Jewel of Enlightenment

https://adyashanti.org
    – Adyashanti describes the difference between the experience of pure awareness and the deepest experience of unity. While each realization we encounter feels complete, he helps us to see that it is only one facet in the jewel of enlightenment.

Excerpted from Aug 29, 2020 Online Intensive, “The Boundless Awakened Heart”: https://bit.ly/3kPPrgF

Quotes from this Video:

“The tricky thing about any kind of realization experience is that each one always feels like it’s the whole thing.”

“Each of the facets, experientially, feels totally complete, even though it might just be a facet.”

“We’re all different and also in a deeper sense, when we touch in on the level of the deepest true nature, we’re the same.”

“It’s not that dualistic points of view have no part to play in life. They can actually be quite useful. But we shouldn’t mistake usefulness for ultimately real.”

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (1st February 2021), ClearWater (25th January 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), O Donna (26th January 2021), Wind (31st January 2021)

21. Link to Post #8231
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Illusions.. The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah (Audio-book)

One of my favourites
    Chris

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (1st February 2021), ClearWater (1st February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (1st February 2021), Nenuphar (1st February 2021), O Donna (1st February 2021), Wind (31st January 2021)

23. Link to Post #8232
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Morning Spiritual Exercise ~ How to Live as Presence

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (1st February 2021), ClearWater (1st February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (1st February 2021), O Donna (1st February 2021), Wind (1st February 2021)

25. Link to Post #8233
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Rupert Spira on the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous & addiction

The sound quality is not good to say the least.
    But its through AA that I got serious about spirituality.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 1st February 2021 at 19:51.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (1st February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), O Donna (1st February 2021), Wind (1st February 2021), wondering (1st February 2021)

27. Link to Post #8234
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This belongs here, as there is much about the Yugas.
    I found it fascinating.
    Chris

Archaeology Evidence 11500BC Supports a Very Odd View of History | Gobekli Tepe YUGAS

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (3rd February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), Wind (3rd February 2021)

29. Link to Post #8235
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ancient History of the Missing Yuga Proves Advanced Technology lost Science
    About 40 minutes into this there is quite a bit about enlightenment.
    I find the past of this era fascinating.
    Some talk about Yoganada's Guru throughout -- he was a mathematician and scientist.
    Anyway worth the time to listen and of course some amazing pictures of buildings in India.
    There is no way these are hammer and copper chisel jobs.

Chris

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (5th February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), O Donna (5th February 2021), Wind (4th February 2021)

31. Link to Post #8236
    Thanks

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (5th February 2021), ClearWater (9th February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), O Donna (5th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #8237
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sadhguru and Deepak Chopra Predict The Future After Vaccine | Holistic Health | MOI

Everything is spirituality --smiling.
    Hence posting this here.
    Chris

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (8th February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021)

35. Link to Post #8238
    Thanks

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (8th February 2021), ClearWater (9th February 2021), greybeard (8th February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021)

37. Link to Post #8239
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Gayatri Mantra (108 repeticiones)

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (12th February 2021), ClearWater (13th February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), Lunesoleil (8th March 2021)

39. Link to Post #8240
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Paramahansa Yogananda - Selected Teachings for Meditation (2) - Kriya Yoga

Paramahansa Yogananda (January 5, 1893 – March 7, 1952) was an Indian monk, yogi and guru who introduced millions to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his organization Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF) / Yogoda Satsanga Society (YSS) of India, and who lived his last 32 years in America.
    A chief disciple of the Bengali yoga guru Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri, he was sent by his lineage to spread the teachings of yoga to the West, to prove the unity between Eastern and Western religions and to preach a balance between Western material growth and Indian spirituality. His long-standing influence in the American yoga movement, and especially the yoga culture of Los Angeles, led him to be considered by yoga experts as the "Father of Yoga in the West." Yogananda was the first major Indian teacher to settle in America.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (12th February 2021), ClearWater (13th February 2021), Harmony (12th February 2021), Wind (15th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 431 FirstFirst 1 312 362 402 412 422 431 LastLast