+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 431 FirstFirst 1 322 372 412 422 431 LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 8615

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #8421
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

greybeard (21st September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (22nd September 2021)

3. Link to Post #8422
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

If you stub your toe hard enough, you cry out and it might even bleed. You grab the toe.

4. Link to Post #8423
    Thanks

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd September 2021), greybeard (28th September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (22nd September 2021), O Donna (3rd October 2021)

6. Link to Post #8424
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts
    Last edited by kanishk; 28th September 2021 at 08:35.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

greybeard (28th September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Wind (23rd September 2021)

8. Link to Post #8425
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

Following is the extract from the Chapter 4 from 'Sreepada Sreevallabha Charitaamrutam (Divine Biography of Sripada Srivallabha – an Ecstatic Elixir)'. I have also underlined some keywords. Here:-
    ………………………………………………..
    ………………………………………………..
    ………………………………………………..
    Naming of a foreigner by Swami and His grace on him
    After remaining in dhyana for some moments, He called Virupaksha and said “My Dear ! Virupaksha! One white man from Germany reached Kurungadda overcoming many difficulties for my darshan. This golden divine palace cannot be seen by others. So he is searching for me. You go and bring him here.” I wondered how a white man could come to this difficult place. Virupaksha brought that white man. He became extremely happy with the darshan of Sripada Srivallabha. He held Sricharana’s feet and cried heavily. Sripada lifted him up. The nectar of grace was showering from His eyes. Sricharana’s form had in it the limitless power and limitless love. His heart had the love of one crore mothers. Srivallabha addressed him as ‘John’. He looked into John’s eyes with piercing looks. It appeared that He was giving him initiation through eyes. After sometime, He touched John’s forehead between the eye brows. With that sacred touch, he had a divine ecstatic pleasure. Then Swami told all those present there to look into the sky. In the sky one big number appeared with divine glow in ‘Dev Nagara’ type. He said that it was the ‘Jnana Number’ of Sri Chitra Gupta. Sri Charana said that the number would become most important in the future centuries. The number is 170141183460469231731687303715884105727. Sripada said ‘This is the number of the universe. The meaning and the inner meaning of this number will be understood by people who try to understand the nature of ‘padartha’ (the matter) according to the levels of their intellectual state.’

Sripada was talking in Telugu. But John understood it. John was questioning in German language. Sripada was answering him in Telugu. What a wonderful thing! In the vicinity of Sripada, every moment was filled with His ‘leelas’ and ‘mahimas’.

All the knowledge and scholarship are at the feet of Sricharana. Sricharana said “when I was speaking in ‘Trilinga language’ (telugu), John understood it in ‘German language’. Each word I spoke was being translated into German and John was able to hear. There is nothing which I cannot do for the sake of my devotees. There is nothing, which I cannot lift or there is no problem which I cannot solve for them. People, who believe me by mind, action and speech, leaving all other dharmas behind, are really blessed people. When my grace is flowing on you, all the other Shaktis in this nature give positive auspicious vibrations. You can take it as my promise. There is nothing which I cannot get in all these fourteen ‘Bhuvanas’. Even if you are following your own righteous path, if you remember My name, I will protect you like the eye lid to the eye. I am the embodiment of love. You will know Me through love only.

The star Dhruva is important for the constellation of sapta rishis. Leant how Dhruva got Dhruva ‘padam’ (position). He did ‘Tapas’ for Srimannarayana with a wish to sit in his father’s lap. After having darshan of Srimannarayana, he lost the desire to sit in the lap of his mortal father. Srimannarayana gave him the place of ‘Dhruva Padam’. He also made him sit in His lap. Jagat Prabhu (The Lord of Universe) graced him by giving His lap to sit when the child actually desired deeply to sit in his mortal father’s lap.

In Kaliyugam, Dhruva is Yesu Prabhu
    In Kaliyugam, Dhruva took birth as ‘Yesu Prabhu’. He believed that God was his father. I will grace you in the same thought in which you worship me. Sri Vasavi Kanyakamba gave Her power to ‘Marie’ the ‘sacred soul’ (pavitra atma). Dhruva was born as ‘Yesu prabhu’ to ‘Marie’ even when she was a virgin. Jesus Christ was not born by the union of father and mother. Learn that Jesus Christ called Srimannarayana only as his father repeatedly. Srimannarayana is none other than Sripada Srivallabha, who is present in front of you. Oh! Siddha Vysya Munis! Chant the Vedas in the presence of My sister Vasavambika. With the sound of your sacred chanting of Vedas, the result of bad deeds of people in the coming centuries can be destroyed. Sri Nagareswara, along with Vasavambika likes the chanting of Vedas very much. The white man, who is in our presence by chance, will be born in the next birth in the house of good Brahmins, who are Veda scholars in Himalaya region. He becomes a yogi and reach ‘Shambala’ village. You drive away the evil powers present in the polluted air with the sound of sacred Vedas.” Thus Sripada told them.

Siddha Vysya Munis’ ‘veda ghosha’ was completed. Sri Vasavi Kanyakambica, Sri Nagareswara, Virupaksha, the Kusuma Shreshti couple and Siddha Vysya Munis entered the ‘agni’ and disappeared. Sripada Vallabha blessed John. John said, ‘It is good to have a book on Sricharana’s life history’. Swami said, “In the coming centuries in accordance with your wish, ‘Sripada Srivallabha Charitamrutham’ will come in German language also.”(link to German and English translation of Charitamrutam) He assured John and sent him. He ordered me to enter the gross body again. Saying so, He went to take bath in ‘prayag’ confluence of waters. He disappeared. ‘My Dear! Today i.e. 25-5-1336 Friday, is a sacred day. Shankar! Tell me the experience you had in Dhyana’.

The speciality of Shiridi Saibaba’s manifestation
    I said, ‘Oh! Most respected Swami! When I was meditating I saw a sanyasi (monk) in the attire of a Muslim. He was often uttering Allah Malik’. He was sitting under a neem tree. He must be of 16 years age. He told an old person who came for his darshan, ‘I am a Nanak Pandhee Musalman’. To a different person, he said, ‘I am a good Brahmin born in Bharadwaj Gothra.’ He told another person, ‘This is my ‘Gurusthan’ and people who worship here on Thursdays and Fridays will get good luck.’ Swami! Throughout my meditation, I had the darshan of that young sanyasi only. I did not get the darshan of Sripada Srivallabha. Some people came and started digging at a place under the neem tree where that young sanyasi sat. There was a small cave inside. Inside that, four lamps were glowing intensely on the four sides. After some time, that young sanyasi came there, got the cave opening closed and said, ‘This is my Gurusthan. Nobody should open it.’ Swami! I did not understand the wish of Srivallabha in granting me this type of darshan in meditation.

The Story of Yavanas
    Palani Swami said, ‘My Dear disciples! The nature of Srivallabha cannot be imagined. One cannot say that his ‘leelas’ (plays) will be like this or like that. His wish is to coordinate all the dharmas and traditions in the world and merge them in sanatana dharma. He only will establish the sanathana dharma in the whole universe at the end of ‘Kaliyugam’. Sricharana told John, ‘Yahova’ means ‘I am’. That is the form of Parabrahma. All the consciousness reflecting in the universe is the consciousness of Jesus Christ who is popular as the son of ‘God’. The consciousness purified is the same as sacred flowing grace which gives peace and happiness. All those three forms are mine. As a result of your pure love you could get my darshan which is very difficult to get otherwise.’ Similarly the ‘Yavana Dharma’ also is an inherent part of Datta Tatwam. A mahatma by name ‘Maha Mathi’ was a devotee of formless Makkheswar. He used to call God as ‘Allah’. He saw all the seven heavens. He wanted to see ‘Allah’. But he saw only his reflection. The yavana sanyasi you saw was a Brahmin who was born in Bharadwaja gothra. He lost his parents in child hood. He was brought up by a Muslim phakir and learnt Muslim dharmas. He learnt Hindu dharmas by staying with a Hindu Mahatma. He learnt ‘kriya yogam’ from a great yogi in Varanasi. He met a Datta avadhoota and asked for silver coins. As his ‘tin’ was not filling, that Avadhuta put two ‘khajur fruits’ in it. Then he was satisfied. With that the chaitanyam of Datta flowed into him. Later, he came to Dhee Silanagaram. That was a small village present in a forest area. When it was a thick forest, Sripada Srivallabha sat on a stone there and meditated. If anyone does meditation sitting on it, he would get wonderful results. In the underground house you saw under the neem tree, Sripada Srivallabha did ‘tapas’ for 12 years. During those twelve years, he got the power of tapas of 12,000 years. Srivallabha’s body got transformed into a 12 thousand years old one. The whole cave was occupied by his jatajutam (hair). His eyebrows also became thick. To see his eyes, one should lift the eye brows with difficulty. Sri Charana gave that fruit of ‘tapas’ to that young sanyasi. When that young monk was about 4 years old, Sricharana started ‘tapas’ in that cave in his hidden form. When that sanyasi became 16 years old, He completed twelve years of Tapas. My Dear! These incidents which I am telling are going to happen in the coming centuries. They are not the present incidents. Sripada will manifest with the name of Narasimha Saraswathi and will be there for 80 years with that name and form. Later he will be in ‘taponishta’ incognito in kadalivanam for 300 years. Later he will take the name of Swami Samardha in ‘Prajna puram’, and merge in the Mallikarjuna Lingam in Srisailam. But the ‘yavana’ (Muslim) sanyasi whom you saw will also be in an old aged form. He will put His chaitanyam in the sanyasi and make him equal to Him.
    ………………………………………………..
    ………………………………………………..
    ………………………………………………..

Last edited by kanishk; 28th September 2021 at 08:36. Reason: regarding embedding link to books and its text size

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

greybeard (28th September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Wind (23rd September 2021)

10. Link to Post #8426
    Thanks

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

greybeard (28th September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), O Donna (3rd October 2021)

12. Link to Post #8427
    Thanks

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

greybeard (28th September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), O Donna (3rd October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021)

14. Link to Post #8428
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Meditation: Nothing Exists Apart from God

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (28th September 2021), Harmony (28th September 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), O Donna (3rd October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Wind (28th September 2021)

16. Link to Post #8429
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Pinnacle of Nondual Understanding: Rupert Spira

Its all here
    Chris

scienceandnonduality
    205K subscribers
    In a welcome return to the time-honored practice of teachers commenting on the sacred texts of the past, Rupert Spira weaves a masterful commentary between the lines of the little-known book Know Yourself by the 13th century Sufi Awhad al-din Balyani. With the clarity and insight we have come to expect from Rupert, he gives us a foretaste of his book The Nature of Consciousness, and reminds us that, as is true of the misunderstandings of other world religions, the popular mythology is far removed from the realization of the founder of Islam, whose teaching was always the oneness of being.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (3rd October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), O Donna (3rd October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Wind (3rd October 2021)

18. Link to Post #8430
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,975 times in 2,392 posts

The Rules For Being Human

(Source Unknown)

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time round.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Every day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or call them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".

4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here".

7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate in yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. ... The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget this.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Ankle Biter (6th October 2021), ClearWater (3rd October 2021), greybeard (3rd October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), iota (20th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Rhogar (11th November 2021), Vangelo (9th October 2021), Vicus (13th October 2021), Wind (3rd October 2021), wondering (8th October 2021)

20. Link to Post #8431
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Vedantic Spirituality Part 1 Swami Sarvapriyananda

Of interest here

Advaita Vedanta! (The Greatest Philosophy on Earth?)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1314602

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (4th October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Wind (3rd October 2021)

22. Link to Post #8432
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Vedantic Spirituality Part 2 Swami Sarvapriyananda

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021)

24. Link to Post #8433
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    The Rules For Being Human

(Source Unknown)

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time round.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Every day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or call them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".

4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here".

7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate in yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. ... The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget this.

In spacetime that's ebb and flow.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Ankle Biter (6th October 2021), Ewan (4th October 2021), greybeard (7th October 2021), Harmony (8th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Vicus (13th October 2021), Wind (4th October 2021), wondering (8th October 2021)

26. Link to Post #8434
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton | FULL AUDIOBOOK

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (6th October 2021), ClearWater (6th October 2021), Harmony (8th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

28. Link to Post #8435
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Eckhart Tolle - Is This Being Covered Up Worldwide?

Eckhart video removed from u tube--surprise surprise!!!
    No one dare stray from the "narrative" One religion founded by New world Order.

It says This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Eckhart Teachings.

May be so!!!
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 10th October 2021 at 12:25.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (12th October 2021), Harmony (8th October 2021), indiana (8th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Wind (8th October 2021)

30. Link to Post #8436
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Alan Watts - The Words Of Zhuang Zhou {NO AD BREAKS}

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (14th October 2021), ClearWater (12th October 2021), Harmony (13th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (10th October 2021), Wind (10th October 2021)

32. Link to Post #8437
    Thanks

Is it serious, doctor?

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Ankle Biter (14th October 2021), ClearWater (12th October 2021), Harmony (13th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (14th October 2021), Vicus (13th October 2021)

34. Link to Post #8438
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Papaji Jayanti Day ~ The Heart of Awareness (Silent Sitting with Mooji)

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (14th October 2021), ClearWater (13th October 2021), Harmony (13th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (14th October 2021), Wind (13th October 2021)

36. Link to Post #8439
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Adyashanti - The Experience of No Self

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (14th October 2021), Mashika (20th October 2021), Pam (14th October 2021), Wind (14th October 2021)

38. Link to Post #8440
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Devī Sūktam | Divine Feminine | Shakti | Tantra Meditation | Gaiea Sanskrit sings from home

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Mashika (18th October 2021), Wind (18th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 431 FirstFirst 1 322 372 412 422 431 LastLast