+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: War on cash

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,636 times in 8,593 posts

Default Re: War on cash

I also pay with cash whenever possible and have exact change handy.

I became religious about this as part of my generate-as-little-personal-data as possible strategy.

But eventually the grocery store value cards did that in, where I 'saved' over a thousand dollars last year by using, according to our local store's running data tab printed on receipt.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Flash (21st January 2019), lake (2nd January 2019), meeradas (11th January 2019), ThePythonicCow (2nd January 2019), TrumanCash (4th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,433 times in 21,489 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    I became religious about this as part of my generate-as-little-personal-data as possible strategy.
    I grew up in a small town, where many of the families, farms, churches, schools, and other structure and culture had been around for centuries (not the many centuries of some places in Europe, but a couple of centuries anyway.)

Our grade school teachers could remember teaching our parents and occasionally our grandparents. Anyone, any other child, whose parents had not been born in the town felt, even to us little children, as "outsiders".

What was known to one, of any common interest, was known to all.

Now, in the new world of technology, I've had the (good?) fortune of following, closely, for a half century, the evolution of what is known of each of us, in the "digital cloud", and how it is known and used.

So, by instincts that are rooted in my childhood, I instinctively track myself as essentially two beings, consistently connected and overlapping, but distinct. One of these beings is the private self, unknown to the "digital cloud", and the other being is what is visible to, or might be inferred within, the digital cloud.

It essentially bothers me no more that one website shows me ads for boots, two days after I read articles on boots at some other website, in some other browser, than it bothered me as a child that my grade school teacher knew that I had annoyed the neighbors ducks the week before (both fictional examples.)

I realize that what I just wrote above is of little direct use to those who don't have those two life experiences to build upon. I can only suggest that the way out of fear and feeling oppressed is understanding.

A saying from the Bible (the book of the religion of my ancestors) is relevant here: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

The understanding, the wisdom, is the key.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ewan (31st July 2023), Flash (21st January 2019), Icare (13th July 2023), lake (2nd January 2019), meeradas (11th January 2019), mountain_jim (3rd January 2019), TrumanCash (4th January 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd January 2019)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

Will Globalists Sacrifice The Dollar To Get Their 'New World Order'? by Brandon Smith of alt-market.com:
    I predict according to the current pace of the trade war and Fed liquidity tightening that de-dollerization will hit the mainstream by 2020. The process of "resetting" the global monetary system would likely take at least another decade to complete. The globalist preoccupation with their "Agenda 2030" sustainable development initiatives suggests a decade long timeline.

Without ample resistance, the introduction of the cashless society will be presented as a natural and even “heroic” response by the globalists to save humanity from the “selfishness” of destructive nationalists. They will strut across the world stage as if they are saviors, rather than the villains they really are.
    Read entire article at http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3...ew-world-order

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Flash (21st January 2019), Icare (13th July 2023), meeradas (11th April 2019), mountain_jim (21st January 2019), onevoice (21st January 2019), ThePythonicCow (22nd January 2019)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

Crossing Borders with Gold and Silver Coins by Doug Casey

https://internationalman.com/article...-silver-coins/

Gold coins are in many ways an excellent way to subvert capital controls. And I think they’ll become much more popular in that role.

That’s because, all over the world, paper cash is disappearing. People are moving away from paper cash. That’s partially because there are fewer and fewer bank branches where you can cash a check, and ATM machines are costly to use. And partially because everybody has a cell phone and they’re starting to use them for even trivial purchases, like a cup of coffee. Governments are encouraging this because if all purchases, sales, and payments are made electronically, they’ll know exactly what you’re doing with your money.

From their point of view, the elimination of cash will have several major benefits: It decreases the opportunity for tax evasion, it decreases the possibilities of “money laundering,” it eliminates the expense of printing currency, it obviates counterfeiting, and it gives the state instant access to all of any individual’s cash. From an individual’s point of view, however, the safety and freedom offered by a stack of paper cash will disappear.

Much of the safety and freedom offered by foreign banks and brokerage accounts has already disappeared. Few people seem aware of the fact that not so long ago, there was no limit to the amount of cash you could transfer in or out of the US without reporting. Or that you didn’t have to report the existence of offshore bank or brokerage accounts (although you did have to report taxable income from them).

That changed in 1970, first with the passage of USC 3156, and then the perversely-named Bank Secrecy Act. The 1986 Tax Reform Act made it highly inconvenient, and largely uneconomic, to invest in passive foreign investment companies (PFICs). In 2010, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) required every foreign financial institution in the world to report info on US persons to the US government. The enormous regulatory burdens and potential penalties it imposes now make it very hard to find a foreign institution that will even open an account for an American. These are all de facto capital controls.

Read entire article at https://internationalman.com/article...-silver-coins/

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Alecs (5th June 2022), Icare (13th July 2023), meeradas (11th April 2019), onevoice (30th January 2019), ThePythonicCow (31st January 2019), Valerie Villars (30th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

avid (11th April 2019), Icare (13th July 2023), meeradas (11th April 2019), mountain_jim (12th April 2019), ThePythonicCow (12th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019)

11. Link to Post #106
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Now I have had the time to dive my head right into the understanding of the global reset. I feel the coming of age is upon us and we need to display light on the fact that banks are doing what is supposed to be done... Following the flow of money.

Now, I wanted to further understand the value of the word "money" and how the belief system polarises with Amish folk.

Amish people work in a community.

We work in a society that revolves around effort for reward. The ideal satisfaction for crypto usage in a technological environment is represented to be a freedom enclosure.

The real world use case with crypto is to work well with a community in an environment that thrives on effort under reward.

If we represent the freedom under effort analogy to be the new slogan of the real world crypto usage, A foundation can be grown.

Do we flow with the money? or display freedom under effort.

Referencing Globalists Are Bringing Their One World Currency Plans Out Into The Open By Brandon Smith

Fallacy #2: There Is No Other Currency Mechanism In The World That Can Take The Dollar's Place

"This fallacy relies on two assumptions – One, that no currency has the liquidity to match the dollar and fill the void in global trade if it were to fall. Two, the majority of reserves held in central banks around the world are denominated in dollars, therefore a replacement is unlikely because the world is “used to paying with dollars”.

First, liquidity is meaningless. Liquidity in any currency can be created on a whim. In fact, the Chinese have been ramping up the liquidity of the Yuan for the past ten years. Trillions in Yuan have been conjured from nothing, which is a development I have warned about repeatedly along with the Yuan's inclusion into the IMF's SDR basket.

This is not to say I think the Yuan will replace the dollar as the world reserve, far from it. That honor will go to another mechanism entirely, which we will discuss in a moment. The point is, fiat currencies are not limited by their liquidity, they are only limited by the restrictions that central banks set upon them. If global central banks decide in unison that they will dump the dollar as the world reserve and use another currency, then that is exactly what will happen. Liquidity can be created with the push of a button."

A sentence that says it all. "Liquidity can be created with the push of a button." this says something to my revolution of freedom self. If Freedom can be displayed as effort, we can display the use of the word "money" as a point of global stabilisation that does not work in this new coming of age technological environment.

Now.. Does this feel like I am helping with the growth of how the globalists can manufacture their plan to develop a stable transition? The answer is yes! Because I am actually scared of how civilians will counter-act to the change of a cashless society.

I feel we NEED the foundation to be mirrored as of how the amish live their lives. Its as of a community we seek clarity of a sustainable foreground rather than display the reaching for manipulation in the years to come.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spix For This Post:

Icare (13th July 2023)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Life After Cash Food and Shelter

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (3rd June 2022), Icare (13th July 2023), onawah (30th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #108
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

PeterSweden
    @PeterSweden7
    THEY ARE GOING TOO FAR

Norway has announced they will be tracking card payments and the food purchases of all citizens.

In other words, the state will know what you ate for lunch!

This is literally 1984.

Retweet if you think this is a bad idea

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Brigantia (3rd June 2022), Ewan (31st July 2023), gini (31st July 2023), Harmony (3rd June 2022), Icare (13th July 2023), mountain_jim (3rd June 2022), Orph (3rd June 2022)

17. Link to Post #109
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

What if,

...when we buy gold and silver, to change from dollars to a
    new currency and only credit cards are recognized as legal currency
    and we can not use gold or silver to buy or sell we will, have to
    use our metals at a near nothing exchange rate or try to barter with
    it. Either way we loose.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Brigantia (3rd June 2022), gini (31st July 2023), Harmony (12th July 2023), Mari (11th July 2023), Matthew (3rd June 2022), PlasmaVortex (11th July 2023)

19. Link to Post #110
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,454 times in 4,331 posts

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Arcturian108 (11th July 2023), avid (11th July 2023), Ewan (31st July 2023), gini (31st July 2023), Harmony (12th July 2023), Icare (13th July 2023), Mari (11th July 2023), Matthew (31st July 2023), PlasmaVortex (11th July 2023)

21. Link to Post #111
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

Quote Stan Voice of Wales (@StanVoWales)
    Piers Corbyn and team at Aldi APP ONLY store Greenwich Thurs 27 July. Piers gained entry. Chose a Box of strawberries 🍓 and put down CASH Payment on the HELP TABLE while the security said he wasn't allowed to pay by cash. And then left the shop advising the staff to call the Police... @Iromg

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ewan (31st July 2023), gini (31st July 2023), Gwin Ru (31st July 2023), Harmony (1st August 2023), Mari (31st July 2023), Satori (31st July 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (31st July 2023)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,161 times in 897 posts

About Thailands (political party Pheu Thai)plan to give 10.000 bht-(around 300 usd)for anyone over 16,to open a digital id/money account....--31/7/23--5 min

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Ewan (31st July 2023), Gwin Ru (31st July 2023), Harmony (1st August 2023), Matthew (31st July 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6