Thread: Transgender issues

1. Link to Post #221
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Default Re: Transgender issues

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    This makes zero sense. And what does worshipping Baphomet have to do with being transgender? Where did you find that line of reasoning?
    Have you ever looked at the Baphomet?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Antagenet (5th June 2021), Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), bluestflame (2nd June 2021), gord (13th May 2021), TargeT (1st October 2022)

3. Link to Post #222
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,700 times in 20,824 posts

• Ben Shapiro Explains Basic Biology to a College Student

Some YouTube comments to be found under the original video:

The fact that Americans think this is a big conversation or a big issue that we face as a society shows how good we actually have it.

Doctors-"congratulations its a boy."
    Doctors-"congratulations its a girl."
    No one- "congratulations its a nonbinary amoeba presenting as a unicorn with hermaphrodite tendencies."

Republican: “Facts don’t care about your feelings”
    Sissy liberal: “My feelings don’t care about your facts”

Everything about them is twisted.
    "Science is real" --> transgenderism.
    "Antiracist" --> overtly racist
    "Pro-gay" --> treat gays like a special spectacle abnormalizing it further
    "Pro-choice/women's rights" --> pro-abortion and doesn't believe in the child's rights
    "Feminist" --> believe in superiority, not equality, and making women's rights all about having sex, objectifying them further
    "Freedom of speech" --> deliberate censorship and supports communist countries like China that oppress citizens likewise
    "Care about poor people" --> support communism and all democrat run cities are literally the worst in regards to poor people

Anything these people call themselves and say they support is just the opposite. They just can't call it that or it would be harder to dupe people into the cult.

Liberal: “Trust the science!”
    Conservative: “Men and women are biologically different”
    Liberal: “N..not that science” liberal.exe has stopped working

He seems to argue that an anomaly represents the majority. That the 1% is the norm for the 99%.

2:50...Ben: "Doctors identify gender at birth all the time". LOL...drop the mike.

Never heard of "scientific unrealism", but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

“When Santa- scientific realism”
    That Freudian slip said everything

Science is real but the liberals tend to bend the results to fit their agenda MORE than any other insecure control-freaks (left & right).

In the words of George Carlin: "When you are born into this world, you are given a free ticket to the freak show, when you are born in America, you are given a front row seat"

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men make for easy times. Easy times create weak men. Weak men make for hard times" We've reached hard times, my dude.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 2nd June 2021 at 13:55.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), gord (3rd June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (2nd June 2021), Michel Leclerc (6th August 2022), rgray222 (11th June 2021)

5. Link to Post #223
    Language
    Thanks

• "I Regret Transitioning" - Talk w/ Teen De-transitioner:

2,714,794+ views
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Gekko (10th June 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th June 2021), Michel Leclerc (7th August 2022)

7. Link to Post #224
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,952 times in 2,389 posts

That's Blair White above on the right. Before yesterday I had never heard of her but she popped up in Tom Macdonald's 'Snowflakes' video. Seems a down to earth, grounded person comapred to many others. Not easily triggered, think it was her Twitter profile where she stated her preferred pronoun as that/bitch. (Mocking the whole pronoun issue I think, made me smile anyway.)
    Last edited by Ewan; 16th June 2021 at 19:44.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), bluestflame (21st June 2021), I am B (21st June 2021), Ivanhoe (1st October 2022), Michel Leclerc (7th August 2022)

9. Link to Post #225
    Language
    Thanks

• Student CHALLENGES Ben Shapiro on Transgenderism:

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Michel Leclerc (7th August 2022), rgray222 (30th September 2022)

11. Link to Post #226
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

From https://rt.com/news/527120-hubbard-t...cs-new-zealand, today:

Female athletes urged to boycott Tokyo Olympics as New Zealand accused of ‘cheating’ after trans weightlifter selected for Games

New Zealand has been accused of undermining female athletics after tapping trans weightlifter Laurel Hubbard for the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo, with some even describing the decision as outright cheating.

The New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) CEO Kereyn Smith said that Hubbard met the requirements to compete in the international games, and stressed that New Zealand’s team has a “strong culture of... inclusion and respect for all.” Smith acknowledged that the decision was controversial, stating that “human rights” must be balanced with “fairness on the field of play” when it comes to gender identity in sports.

However, many took issue with the assertion that New Zealand had carefully weighed all the relevant factors before inviting Hubbard to compete.

Save Women’s Sports Australia, which campaigns to keep female sports ‘fair’ in Australia and New Zealand, accused the IOC of “betraying” women.

“Women are not a hormone level, nor are we a self-declaration of a ‘female gender identity’. Shame on them,” the group wrote in response to the announcement.

https://twitter.com/SWS_australasia/...98425459347458

Hubbard’s history-making participation in the Games will set an “abhorrent” precedent that will cause immense harm to female sports in years to come, others warned.

One commentator claimed data suggests that “mediocre” male athletes would be champions if they were allowed to compete in female events, suggesting that Hubbard’s selection was deeply unfair and undermines the integrity of women’s sports.

https://twitter.com/njstone9/status/1406744964604653568

Others simply accused New Zealand of “cheating” by adding Hubbard to their team.

https://twitter.com/HandleAnother/st...00437395836932

https://twitter.com/seaningle/status...38111284105218

There were also calls for boycotts. Women should refuse to compete against Hubbard, outraged Twitter users said.

https://twitter.com/lesscot1/status/1406756349225181192

“How the hell did the world get to this point? What happened to logic and common sense?” asked one exasperated observer.

Some took the position that Hubbard’s participation in the Tokyo Games was the inevitable result of “feminists” undermining their own interests, and noted the irony that female spaces are “being taken over by men.”

“They will soon say trans women are employing patriarchy in female spaces,” a commenter predicted.

NZOC announced on Monday that Hubbard would represent the country in the super-heavyweight 87kg category at the Tokyo Games, which are set to begin next month, making the 43-year-old the first transgender woman to compete in the international games. Hubbard, who will be the oldest lifter at the event, previously participated in men’s weightlifting competitions before transitioning in 2013.

The athlete said in a statement she was “humbled” by the outpouring of support that she has received from her fellow New Zealanders.

Hubbard has been eligible to participate in the Olympics since 2015, when the International Olympic Committee (IOC) ruled that transgender athletes could compete in women’s events so long as their testosterone levels are below 10 nanomoles per liter for at least one year before their first competition. However, critics of this decision have argued that the policy doesn’t do enough to counter the physiological differences between biological men and women.

Hubbard’s qualifications for the Olympics has been part of an ongoing debate over transgender athletes competing in women’s events. Last month, Mark House, a US attorney and International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) technical official, argued that the New Zealander should not be allowed to participate in the Tokyo Games, but said that anger over her qualifying for the Olympics should be placed on the IOC, and not on the athlete herself.

“Her participation will seriously diminish the chances of having a rational discussion about transgender policies,” House said, adding that he questioned whether the IOC’s policy on the issue was actually backed by science.

See also:
    Blame IOC over transgender weightlifter at Tokyo Olympics, say experts – as rival calls saga ‘like a bad joke’ for female athletes

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (21st June 2021), bluestflame (21st June 2021), Ewan (21st June 2021), happyuk (21st June 2021), I am B (21st June 2021), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022), Strat (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021), Yoda (22nd June 2021)

13. Link to Post #227
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

For the record, I'd now say I've changed my mind on some of the things I said in this thread, among them that it wouldn't matter if a m-to-f transgender competes in women's sports. That fact that sports already "isn't fair" because there are super athletes that will always top the podium anyway, misses the point. A m-to-f transgender shouldn't compete in women's sports, because they are not women. Mike was (and others were) right.

I also got a bit lost in philosophical and reincarnation stuff, and especially missed the mark on not stating that I was thinking about adults making decisions to "transgender." Trans-ing children is a VERY different story, and Wade Frazier said it well when he notes that codifying the current trans policies as "standard of care" is insane, tyrannical, trumps parental rights, and gives the legal right to make the drastic and irreversible decision to a child.

I had a discussion with someone recently who defended transing children, saying he has a nephew that is obviously really female, and that it was the right decision and "she" is happy now. That got me thinking. I realized that the core of the deception/misunderstanding is in "officials" not really understanding that gender is spectral, and sex is binary. Spectral issues don't have binary solutions, but they take each person's "gender expression quest" to the illogical conclusion that if a boy likes culturally feminine stuff, he's really a female.

There has always been a spectrum of gender expressions, even if the masculine to feminine spectrum doesn't have words for most of the spectrum other than "sissy" and "tomboy" to add to the endpoints of "masculine" and "feminine." Instead of encouraging the person to go ahead and express gender any way they want, they conclude the person is the opposite biological sex. It's pretzel logic. It's a binary (and false) solution to a spectral issue.

Let sissies be sissies; let tomboys be tomboys; let all the other unnamed points along the spectrum of gender expression express what they want. Biological sex should never have been confused with gender expression.

50 years ago, acts called "female impersonators" were booked on the Ed Sullivan Show (major American TV show in its day), and were appreciated for their gender expression, not given hormones and plastic surgery and called a woman. 20-ish years ago, there was a little boy at the same daycare facility as my daughter, and that boy would grab a dress out of the spare clothing pile and put it on every day. The daycare owner had spoken with the parents, and asked their wishes, and they decided that making his gender expression taboo could backfire, (like telling a kid they were not allowed to play with a red truck would REALLY make them want to play with a red truck), and so, let him work through it. I think this was a wise solution, and a model for what psychologists/doctors should be doing: allow gender expression. Pretending to be able to change the person to the opposite sex wouldn't ever have been an option, because there is no such thing as a sex-change. M-to F trangendered persons have a Y chromosome in every cell of their body.

Feminine behavior and masculine behavior is cultural, and shifts over time. Female and male is the same as it ever was: males have XY chromosomes in every cell, impregnate females (who have XX chromosomes in every cell), females give birth. The distinction between male and female might best be observed in "primitive" or aboriginal societies, where the women aren't wearing frilly clothing, make-up, and other accoutrements that in Western society are what is thought of as female or feminine. These "primitive" societies observe the distinction between men and women, and there are sex-based roles based on biological reality.

------------------------
    I also got triggered (again!) by the use of the word "Left", in this trans thread, to describe the Democrat organization's behavior, and went off on a diatribe. I apologize to all, but especially to Mike, for me pooping on the front porch. The cohort that I used to belong to that was anti-war, anti-establishment, and anti-corporate/government collusion, that used to be called the "Left", doesn't exist anymore. I gotta get over it. I should employ a word filtering and word substitution app to change every instance of the word "left" to "Democrat", then maybe I wouldn't have a conniption.

------------------------

My assertion about 3 brilliant minds that could still be fooled was arrogant ("My opinion is the CORRECT one!"), out of place, and since 2 of 3 are the forum founder and one of the brightest people I've ever known, really poor form to name them as examples for my assertion. I apologize to Bill Ryan, Wade Frazier, and Caitlin Johnstone. It won't happen again. Let's leave it at, "you are brilliant!"

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th August 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022), Journeyman (12th September 2022), Kryztian (12th September 2022), Mare (12th September 2022), Michel Leclerc (7th August 2022), Mike (1st October 2022), rgray222 (30th September 2022), Sue (Ayt) (6th August 2022)

15. Link to Post #228
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,208 times in 747 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    That's Blair White above on the right. Before yesterday I had never heard of her but she popped up in Tom Macdonald's 'Snowflakes' video. Seems a down to earth, grounded person comapred to many others. Not easily triggered, think it was her Twitter profile where she stated her preferred pronoun as that/bitch. (Mocking the whole pronoun issue I think, made me smile anyway.)
    Yes Ewan.. Except, that’s not Blair, it is Blaire.

I am sensitive to this because I prefer not to be called Michelle by people whose horizon is limited by a Beatles song. At least, I think it is similar, because I never transitioned from Michel to Michelle in the first place. Michel is the Christian name of a non-detransitioned person: me.

When I have to enter my gender on the next-generation self-identification questionnaires at an American airport, I plan to write "non-detransitioned", it has quite an exclusive ring, don’t you think?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Dennis Leahy (7th August 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022), Journeyman (12th September 2022), Kryztian (12th September 2022)

17. Link to Post #229
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Yes Ewan.. Except, that’s not Blair, it is Blaire.
    Indeed Blaire. She does not want you to detransition her by mispelling her name and is quite happy with her decision.

This is an excellent interview with her and it covers a lot of ground. She states that most of the people from the trans community who have taken over the debate are from the radical fringe. By comparison, she calls her self a "right wing" trans person. While there is a big culture war about trans issues, she says that the true trans phenomena is a very rare thing. She and Kim Iversen address a lot of trans issues, and Blaire shows their are a lot of reasonable solutions to the problems of integrating trans people into the world, solutions that consideration for the people who are confused about their gender and for people who are uncomfortable about being around trans people.

Last edited by Kryztian; 12th September 2022 at 18:14.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022)

19. Link to Post #230
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Traditional Bugis society in southern Sulawesi (Indonesia) recognizes 5 different genders, including
    • Calabai - born as men but they take on women's roles like cooking, decorating, other domestic jobs etc.

• Calalai - born as women, but they take on masculine jobs and often have female partners and adopt children.

• Bissu - considered to be intersex, they are often shamans who are important in traditional rituals
    All these gender groups are well integrated in traditional society, although many Bugis are also Islamic, and there has been some persecution, especially of the Bissu.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Eva2 (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th September 2022), Mike (12th September 2022), Sue (Ayt) (12th September 2022)

21. Link to Post #231
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

This new video definitely belongs here, but it might also belong on When men were men & women were feminine, or also on The planned takedown of America: now in full swing.

What I thought might be a lightweight discussion full of bad jokes actually turned out very deep and thought-provoking indeed — about gender politics, the planned destruction of the family, the planned alienation of a confused generation, and what is arguably a communist agenda behind what is now an authoritarian movement disguised as supporting individual rights. Recommended.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th September 2022), Eva2 (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), happyuk (26th September 2022), jaybee (26th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022), Kryztian (26th September 2022), kudzy (26th September 2022), leavesoftrees (26th September 2022), Mike (26th September 2022), s7e6e (26th September 2022), Sue (Ayt) (26th September 2022), Violet3 (26th September 2022), Yoda (26th September 2022)

23. Link to Post #232
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Great Video!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), jaybee (26th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th September 2022)

25. Link to Post #233
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

The person answering the questions is a doctor working for planned parenthood. My objection is that a segment of society is willing to raise their right hand, take an oath and lie to the American people. Men cannot have children, it is not even open for discussion. They are seeking to deceive and normalize fraudulent behaviour through their dishonesty. They are attempting to get people to doubt their core beliefs, once that is accomplished they can manipulate you in any direction they want.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (1st October 2022), Journeyman (1st October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st October 2022), Mike (1st October 2022)

27. Link to Post #234
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    The person answering the questions is a doctor working for planned parenthood. My objection is that a segment of society is willing to raise their right hand, take an oath and lie to the American people. Men cannot have children, it is not even open for discussion. They are seeking to deceive and normalize fraudulent behaviour through their dishonesty. They are attempting to get people to doubt their core beliefs, once that is accomplished they can manipulate you in any direction they want.

This video was actually far weirder than I assumed it would be

This guy - a doctor! - says, "Men can have pregnancies, especially trans men."

It suggests that at least in some situations real men can get pregnant too!

Wow. You blink and things get even weirder.
    Last edited by Mike; 1st October 2022 at 04:13.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Journeyman (1st October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022)

29. Link to Post #235
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

I mean, just look at the current military (U.S.A.) and their "recruiting"...............

it's almost getting a bit obvious

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    This makes zero sense. And what does worshipping Baphomet have to do with being transgender? Where did you find that line of reasoning?
    #agree just look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphom...e:Baphomet.png

there is so much there, symbology is vastly misunderstood; every detail is important
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st October 2022 at 10:36. Reason: fixed quote attribution
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Journeyman (1st October 2022), Mike (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022)

31. Link to Post #236
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    For the record, I'd now say I've changed my mind on some of the things I said in this thread, among them that it wouldn't matter if a m-to-f transgender competes in women's sports. That fact that sports already "isn't fair" because there are super athletes that will always top the podium anyway, misses the point. A m-to-f transgender shouldn't compete in women's sports, because they are not women. Mike was (and others were) right.

I also got a bit lost in philosophical and reincarnation stuff, and especially missed the mark on not stating that I was thinking about adults making decisions to "transgender." Trans-ing children is a VERY different story, and Wade Frazier said it well when he notes that codifying the current trans policies as "standard of care" is insane, tyrannical, trumps parental rights, and gives the legal right to make the drastic and irreversible decision to a child.

I had a discussion with someone recently who defended transing children, saying he has a nephew that is obviously really female, and that it was the right decision and "she" is happy now. That got me thinking. I realized that the core of the deception/misunderstanding is in "officials" not really understanding that gender is spectral, and sex is binary. Spectral issues don't have binary solutions, but they take each person's "gender expression quest" to the illogical conclusion that if a boy likes culturally feminine stuff, he's really a female.

There has always been a spectrum of gender expressions, even if the masculine to feminine spectrum doesn't have words for most of the spectrum other than "sissy" and "tomboy" to add to the endpoints of "masculine" and "feminine." Instead of encouraging the person to go ahead and express gender any way they want, they conclude the person is the opposite biological sex. It's pretzel logic. It's a binary (and false) solution to a spectral issue.

Let sissies be sissies; let tomboys be tomboys; let all the other unnamed points along the spectrum of gender expression express what they want. Biological sex should never have been confused with gender expression.

50 years ago, acts called "female impersonators" were booked on the Ed Sullivan Show (major American TV show in its day), and were appreciated for their gender expression, not given hormones and plastic surgery and called a woman. 20-ish years ago, there was a little boy at the same daycare facility as my daughter, and that boy would grab a dress out of the spare clothing pile and put it on every day. The daycare owner had spoken with the parents, and asked their wishes, and they decided that making his gender expression taboo could backfire, (like telling a kid they were not allowed to play with a red truck would REALLY make them want to play with a red truck), and so, let him work through it. I think this was a wise solution, and a model for what psychologists/doctors should be doing: allow gender expression. Pretending to be able to change the person to the opposite sex wouldn't ever have been an option, because there is no such thing as a sex-change. M-to F trangendered persons have a Y chromosome in every cell of their body.

Feminine behavior and masculine behavior is cultural, and shifts over time. Female and male is the same as it ever was: males have XY chromosomes in every cell, impregnate females (who have XX chromosomes in every cell), females give birth. The distinction between male and female might best be observed in "primitive" or aboriginal societies, where the women aren't wearing frilly clothing, make-up, and other accoutrements that in Western society are what is thought of as female or feminine. These "primitive" societies observe the distinction between men and women, and there are sex-based roles based on biological reality.

------------------------
    I also got triggered (again!) by the use of the word "Left", in this trans thread, to describe the Democrat organization's behavior, and went off on a diatribe. I apologize to all, but especially to Mike, for me pooping on the front porch. The cohort that I used to belong to that was anti-war, anti-establishment, and anti-corporate/government collusion, that used to be called the "Left", doesn't exist anymore. I gotta get over it. I should employ a word filtering and word substitution app to change every instance of the word "left" to "Democrat", then maybe I wouldn't have a conniption.

------------------------

My assertion about 3 brilliant minds that could still be fooled was arrogant ("My opinion is the CORRECT one!"), out of place, and since 2 of 3 are the forum founder and one of the brightest people I've ever known, really poor form to name them as examples for my assertion. I apologize to Bill Ryan, Wade Frazier, and Caitlin Johnstone. It won't happen again. Let's leave it at, "you are brilliant!"

Dennis! Shoot, sorry I missed this!

I truly appreciate the gesture, but no apology required I love ya bro.

I was wrong about quite a bit of this stuff too! I'm currently reading a book by Deborah Soh called "The End Of Gender", and you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that there is a biological basis for gender.

Before I read the book, I was dead certain that was untrue. I didn't believe for a moment sex and gender existed separately, for starters. And speaking of triggers, I had to set the book down on several occasions and pick it up later, because sometimes it wasn't saying what I wanted it to say. It annoyed me! And I got, yes, triggered LOL.

On one occasion I chucked the book across the room. This was right after I read something I didn't agree with. It was really pitiful and it embarrasses me to say that, but true, sadly.

I'm about 100 pages in. I'm still not sure I'm in total agreement with it all, but it's forcing me to grapple with some ideas that make me very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying her book is the final word or anything, but it's pretty persuasive. It's all very confusing but she makes a pretty good argument (backed by quite a bit of science) that testosterone in the brain, in utero, is responsible for the trans condition (excessive and insufficient). It's much more involved than that, but that's the gist.

She does however agree that all this gender bending stuff is largely a social phenomenon, a fashionable thing, so forth. She makes detailed distinctions between trans and non-binary, and all the other labels, explains which are legitimate and which are fiction, and why, etc

I'm going to have to read the book 2 or 3 times to really grasp it all. And that's just it - this stuff is so confusing, there was bound to be disagreements and arguments etc. No worries man. None at all.
    Last edited by Mike; 1st October 2022 at 05:49.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Dennis Leahy (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Journeyman (1st October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022), TargeT (1st October 2022)

33. Link to Post #237
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

On one occasion I chucked the book across the room. This was right after I read something I didn't agree with. It was really pitiful and it embarrasses me to say that, but true, sadly
    Just this recognition, this alone... this is the type of thing that made me a "better" person (there's still work todo, as always).

very glad to see your self introspection at work
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Dennis Leahy (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Journeyman (1st October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st October 2022), Mike (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022)

35. Link to Post #238
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    On one occasion I chucked the book across the room. This was right after I read something I didn't agree with. It was really pitiful and it embarrasses me to say that, but true, sadly
    Just this recognition, this alone... this is the type of thing that made me a "better" person (there's still work todo, as always).

very glad to see your self introspection at work

Thanks TargeT. I still can get pretty worked up over this stuff, but I feel strangely calm having begun the book.

I've decided to say as little as possible about the subject until I read 2 more books I have on deck (and maybe not until I've read them all at least twice).

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Dennis Leahy (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Journeyman (1st October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022), TargeT (1st October 2022)

37. Link to Post #239
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)

I mean, just look at the current military (U.S.A.) and their "recruiting"...............

it's almost getting a bit obvious

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    #agree just look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphom...e:Baphomet.png

there is so much there, symbology is vastly misunderstood; every detail is important
    Absolutely! It's a language that most of us have forgotten, but the powers that be most certainly have not. The artwork they favour, the sculptures in front of their power centres, the architecture they select and most of all the symbols they use all tell a story once you have the knowledge required to deconstruct it.

This video by Lavette should be required viewing.

https://www.brighteon.com/b54acca5-2...f-3d43730c4adb

Source: https://www.brighteon.com/embed/b54acca5-2755-4395-be3f-3d43730c4adb

For context, Lavette has a deep understanding of the power and meaning of symbols, particularly relating to Alchemy and Astrology. Once you learn some of the basics you'll find them being repeatedly represented in corporate logos, military and state regalia, international bodies, space agencies etc. They are often inverted which changes meaning and effect.

In the video I linked to above Lavette will take you through a series of symbols that relate to the current astrological age and how they've been distorted and inverted. Her presentation skills are rudimentary to say the least, there will be some very bad use of Microsoft paint and some diversion and rambling along the way, but stick with her, the knowledge is second to none.

See also:

On the origins of occult androgyny.

On the Rebis and the Baphomet.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st October 2022 at 18:52. Reason: fixed quote formatting and embedded the video

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (1st October 2022), Mike (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022)

39. Link to Post #240
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    For the record, I'd now say I've changed my mind...

There has always been a spectrum of gender "expressions", even if the masculine to feminine spectrum doesn't have words for most of the spectrum other than "sissy" and "tomboy" to add to the endpoints of "masculine" and "feminine." Instead of encouraging the person to go ahead and express gender any way they want, they conclude the person is the opposite biological sex. It's pretzel logic. It's a binary (and false) solution to a spectral issue.

Dennis! Shoot, sorry I missed this!

I truly appreciate the gesture, but no apology required I love ya bro.

I was wrong about quite a bit of this stuff too! I'm currently reading a book by Deborah Soh called "The End Of Gender", and you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that there is a biological basis for gender.

Before I read the book, I was dead certain that was untrue. I didn't believe for a moment sex and gender existed separately, for starters. And speaking of triggers, I had to set the book down on several occasions and pick it up later, because sometimes it wasn't saying what I wanted it to say. It annoyed me! And I got, yes, triggered LOL.

On one occasion I chucked the book across the room. This was right after I read something I didn't agree with. It was really pitiful and it embarrasses me to say that, but true, sadly.

I'm about 100 pages in. I'm still not sure I'm in total agreement with it all, but it's forcing me to grapple with some ideas that make me very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying her book is the final word or anything, but it's pretty persuasive. It's all very confusing but she makes a pretty good argument (backed by quite a bit of science) that testosterone in the brain, in utero, is responsible for the trans condition (excessive and insufficient). It's much more involved than that, but that's the gist.

She does however agree that all this gender bending stuff is largely a social phenomenon, a fashionable thing, so forth. She makes detailed distinctions between trans and non-binary, and all the other labels, explains which are legitimate and which are fiction, and why, etc

I'm going to have to read the book 2 or 3 times to really grasp it all. And that's just it - this stuff is so confusing, there was bound to be disagreements and arguments etc. No worries man. None at all.
    I look forward to your analysis and conclusions. Of course, if those don't coincide with my own, I'll have a tantrum and throw an e-book!

To this observer, "gender" is very real and is represented by the entire spectrum of behaviors and presentations/looks from feminine to masculine, and is either expressed or repressed to varying degrees. If psychologists actually want to look out for the mental health of those they counsel on gender issues, they would work toward alleviating repression, giving permission to express their gender (or their "gender du jour" or even their "gender expression of the moment.") The last thing on earth they would ever do would be to tell their patients that they could actually change their biological sex, because it is scientifically impossible. The Dr.Moreau types might even figure out how to transplant ovaries , uterus, vagina, etc al from a female cadaver to a male-to-female "tran-sexual" patient, or testicle and a penis from a male cadaver to a female-to-male "trans-sexual", however, all the cells in the patients bodies would still have the original sex chromosomes. "Sexual reassignment surgery" is cosmetic surgery. Post-surgical patients look like the other sex, but they don't become the other sex.

Women in Western society already have full freedom of gender expression in public. Men don't, and public crossdressing or acting "feminine" could currently be deadly dangerous, due to the "John Wayne"-type of males who are violent psychopathic vigilantes. It might not be easy on the eye, but (some) dudes in dresses who know they are dudes in dresses is a lot healthier society than one where (some) dudes are told that they have been transformed into women, just so they can express gender they way they want.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th October 2022), Chris Gilbert (21st October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Johnnycomelately (1st October 2022), Mike (1st October 2022), rgray222 (2nd October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 34 LastLast