+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A New Era in Physics: Anti-Gravity / Cold Fusion Explained In Detail (video series)

1. Link to Post #61
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: A New Era in Physics: Anti-Gravity / Cold Fusion Explained In Detail (video serie

Positrons and negitrons make so much more sense than "electrons & protons"

what do you mean by "according to the futures" have a link to that reference?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: A New Era in Physics: Anti-Gravity / Cold Fusion Explained In Detail (video serie

it is a link, but not one shared online...

that's where Spirituality meets science...

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    it is a link, but not one shared online...

that's where Spirituality meets science...
    well I'm still struggling with that part, but thanks, I guess, anyway (heh)

anyone interested in this material should also check out this thread:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...he-New-Science

or any of the various other threads 7redorbs is participating in, it seems like a good direction of research.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Rocky_Shorz (26th September 2012)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Default Re: A New Era in Physics: Anti-Gravity / Cold Fusion Explained In Detail (video series)

How can such an interesting and important thread remain off the radar ? It was only by chance I found it !

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Gardener (2nd January 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), modwiz (2nd January 2013), TargeT (2nd January 2013)

8. Link to Post #65
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Default Re: A New Era in Physics: Anti-Gravity / Cold Fusion Explained In Detail (video series)

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    How can such an interesting and important thread remain off the radar ? It was only by chance I found it !
    Agreed, I am going to link to it from my thread. I am not sure what is here, but my spidey sense tells me this is treasure.

9. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,885 times in 912 posts

Hey! Thanks for the multiple "bumps" i have missed this one...listening to the videos now.

I wish i had a couple thousand dollars just lying around; i'd make a rodin coil out of palladium wire...
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Gardener (2nd January 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), TargeT (1st January 2014)

11. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

Instead of relying on "multiple bumps", can we have this very important thread linked to from the front page?

much love,
    Firinn
    Last edited by Firinn; 2nd January 2013 at 17:38.
    The conqueror and king in each one of us is the knower of truth. Let the knower awaken in us and drive the horses of the mind, emotions, and physical body on the pathway which that king has chosen.
    -- George S. Arundale

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Firinn For This Post:

13th Warrior (2nd January 2013), Gardener (2nd January 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), mosquito (3rd January 2013), TargeT (1st January 2014)

13. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,098 times in 20,640 posts

update: Paul informs us this is already a sticky thread, though you have to go to Living off the Grid, then to Free Energy and Technology to find it.
    Quote Posted by Firinn (here)
    Instead of relying on "multiple bumps", can we have this very important thread linked to from the front page?

much love,
    Firinn
    Last edited by onawah; 4th January 2013 at 18:54.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Firinn (3rd January 2013), Gardener (2nd January 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), mosquito (3rd January 2013), PurpleLama (2nd January 2013)

15. Link to Post #69
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    How about making this a sticky thread?
    It looks to me like it's already been a sticky thread for over a year now.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Firinn (3rd January 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), TargeT (1st January 2014)

17. Link to Post #70
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

bump to the top

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewFounderHome For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

19. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Thanks to Targets sig/link I've only just found this post, great post. So putting my Vid eyes on!

We need a Forbidden tech/Black-op pilot to defect and openly land his ship in a very public space for all to see, for all to see we do have all this tech already!

Antigrav-Craft running on Zero-point energies!

Ships that don't go
    BUMP
    in the night
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

anonymous (21st January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), TargeT (1st January 2014)

21. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

I'll have to re-watch these vids again, they are quite excellent and still very relevant; I think that this knowledge mixed with sound manipulation technologies:

and what we are discovering with super conductors:

will change reality and how we function in it for ever.

we are right on the cusp, all of this information is out there, it's just not being worked on collaboratively.
    Where are you?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (1st January 2014), Mad Hatter (5th January 2014), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2014)

23. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member jmag0904's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually did an interview with Frank Znidarsic late last year on this very subject. He is a very personable fellow and was a pleasure to dialogue with. Hope you all enjoy it:

Outline of the interview can be found at my blog here: http://jmag0904.wordpress.com/2013/0...d-antigravity/

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmag0904 For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), TargeT (15th January 2014)

25. Link to Post #74
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 times in 163 posts

my privacy standards have changed - 5/10/16 - apologies for the many edits of public comments
    Last edited by anonymous; 11th May 2016 at 16:13.

26. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jmag0904 (here)
    I actually did an interview with Frank Znidarsic late last year on this very subject. He is a very personable fellow and was a pleasure to dialogue with. Hope you all enjoy it:

Outline of the interview can be found at my blog here: http://jmag0904.wordpress.com/2013/0...d-antigravity/
    GREAT interview... he kind of rains on the parade of current LENR efforts, but maybe there's still hope..

this is still the most important thread on this forum
    Where are you?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

jmag0904 (21st January 2014), Mad Hatter (24th January 2014)

28. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member jmag0904's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote GREAT interview... he kind of rains on the parade of current LENR efforts, but maybe there's still hope..

this is still the most important thread on this forum
    Thanks for the compliment. I think Frank's theories are useful to think about. By far the most important aspect of his theory is the relevance of his "Dimensional Frequency". I can't say whether it initiates quantum transition and/or misalignment of the strong force, etc. What I can say is that in other LENR systems, such as Brillouin (with their Q-Pulse), and Energetics (with their SuperWave), there has been other demonstrations of the importance of stimulating a system with the right kind of current. So why this is happening is not 100% clear, but its clearly accelerating the reaction. In my opinion I don't think it creates the reaction, there have been demonstrations of LENR effects without any input power (see most recently Cravens at NI Week for example), but I think if we're trying to progress to controllable reactions it is a critical piece of the puzzle.

As far as anti-gravity goes, I'm not sure what to think about it. Similar to LENR, it might act as a catalyst, but I've seen equally coherent explanations for what causes the propulsion in the first place. Only time will tell.

Regards,
    John

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmag0904 For This Post:

Mad Hatter (24th January 2014), TargeT (22nd January 2014)

30. Link to Post #77
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Recent news about fusion. They have successfully gotten more energy out of the process than what is put in. Although this use of lazers may not be the ultimate way to achieve the ignition, it may provide more information on what is needed. Understanding is the first step towards a solution.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...n-fuel-put-in/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...rough-16484705

From Popular Mechanics

Humans have gotten pretty good at nuclear fission. But fusion, bringing two atomic nuclei together, has been much more tricky—at least for peaceful purposes. But In a new study out today in Nature, physicists from the National Ignition Facility report clearing a major hurdle toward harnessing the power of stars.

"For the first time anywhere, we've gotten more energy out of this fuel than was put into the fuel. That's a major turning point," said Omar Hurricane, lead author of the new paper and a physicist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. To be clear, the NIF has not achieved its namesake goal of igniting a sustained fusion reaction. But these indications of a process called bootstrapping—in which particles created by the reaction feed energy back into the reaction—are a major step along the way.

Bootstrapping

Fusion reactions in the lab can work in a few ways, and the NIF uses a process called inertial confinement, which heats up fuel pellets made of deuterium-tritium until they implode and the fuel fuses. The reactions produce two particles, a neutron and an alpha particle. Alpha particles, which are helium nuclei, are the important ones: They must continue heating the fuel to keep more reactions coming as part of a process called alpha particle bootstrapping. In the NIF experimental "shots" reported today, this started to happen, Hurricane says.

Although this is a major milestone, it's hard to say whether or when this approach will lead to fusion as an energy source. Hurricane compared it to climbing an unfamiliar mountain whose summit is hidden in clouds. In Hurricane's metaphor, his team is at base camp right now, where they've found a safe and effective way forward.

"You can't see it. You don't have a map. You don't know what the terrain is … And someone calls you on your satellite phone and asks you, ‘How long is it going to take you to climb the mountain?'" he says. "You don't know. You look down at your feet, you see what the terrain is, you try to choose the best path based on what you see. That's what we hear when someone says, ‘How long is it going to take before you guys get to ignition?' It's anyone's guess."

Hohlraum geometry with a capsule inside through the cut-away of the hohlraum wall. Credit: Eddie Dewald.

Fusion Basics

The NIF works by directing 192 ultraviolet laser beams inside a tiny gold canister called a hohlraum (which sounds exotic but is just German for "hollow space.") It's about the size of a pencil eraser and holds a 2-millimeter plastic sphere. That sphere is coated with a thin layer of cryogenically frozen deuterium-tritium—the components of heavy water, essentially, in which the hydrogen atom in H2O has one or two extra neutrons. This DT ice is the fuel for fusion experiments.

The lasers bombard the walls of the hohlraum with 1.8 megajoules of energy, and the hohlraum heats up so much that it starts to emit X-rays. The X-rays rip apart the atomic structure of the plastic shell and implode it—"like a rocket driving the sphere inward," as Hurricane puts it. The fuel moves inward, too, and runs into itself, experiencing ferocious pressures, on the order of 150 billion atmospheres. That is 2.5 times the density at the center of the sun.

As atomic nuclei begin to fuse, the resulting alpha particles carry about 20 percent of the reaction's energy in the form of kinetic energy. This means they can escape. However, in the team's experiments this fall, some particles instead deposited their energy back into the fusion fuel. If more hot alpha particles drive more energy back into the fuel, this causes more nuclei to fuse together and ignite a runaway reaction.

Throughout this process, the fuel-holding sphere is compressed about 35 times, according to Debbie Callahan, a physicist at NIF. "If you started with a basketball, that would be like compressing it down to a pea," she says. And this has to happen completely symmetrically for the reaction to work. That is very hard to do, and previous experiments weren't as successful. The compression was unstable, and instead of reaching uniformly high pressures, the implosion tore itself apart.

This time, the physicists controlled the lasers in a different way, front-loading their collective energy towards the beginning of the 150-picosecond pulse. This is called a high-foot pulse. "In a way, we took a step back from what was being tried before, and it's given us a leap forward in what we've been able to accomplish," Hurricane says.

Doubts

The results may be impressive, but according to Mark Herrmann, a physicist at Sandia National Laboratories who was not involved in this paper, by choosing this path to heat the fuel, the team won't be able to achieve ignition with these implosions. The fuel gain seen via the alpha particles is still less than the energy the researchers put into the process by a factor of 100, he says. The hohlraum absorbs some of the energy to cause the implosion, and the implosion deposits only a fraction of the energy into the fuel. So the biggest fusion yield was just 17 kilojoules, a far cry from the 1.8 mJ input.

"How far the high-foot implosions can be pushed remains an open question," Herrmann wrote in a commentary accompanying Hurricane's paper.

Hurricane acknowledged there's a tradeoff between energy input and high pressures. Even then, they have a long way to go: Bootstrapping is starting around 150 gigabars of pressure, but physicist and coauthor Tammy Ma said they might need to hit 300 gigabars, or 300 billion times the pressure at sea level, to ignite fusion.

The NIF team could use several tricks to improve the output. They're considering other ways of mediating the high-foot laser pulse and trying different capsule materials that might be easier to compress than plastic. They are also considering other hohlraum shapes. Since the September and November shots covered in this study, the NIF team has performed several other promising experiments and made more progress, Ma says.

The ultimate goal, Hurricane says, is a safe method of harnessing the furnace that powers the stars.

"Fusion is probably one of the most promising energy technologies that we could possibly develop. The resource, if we get it to work, is this deuterium we find in seawater—and that's essentially limitless, or more so than pretty much any other resource," he says. "And we're all scientists, and it's a very interesting puzzle to try to make this happen."

Read more: Scientists Achieve Bootstrapping, a Fusion Energy Breakthrough - Popular Mechanics
    Follow us: @PopMech on Twitter | popularmechanics on Facebook
    Visit us at PopularMechanics.com
    (Insert signature here)

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

cfho83 (29th July 2014), TargeT (24th March 2014)

32. Link to Post #78
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

I feel it's very interesting to point out that deuterium fusion is focused on in the mainstream because of neutron outputs and the particular military applications associated. If it wasn't for that aspect, thorium fission would be far more interesting than uranium fission both in terms of reactor operational safety as well as waste disposal issues. Just to put that in perspective, there was a thorium fission reactor experiment run by a few scientists in the US and when it was time for the crew to go home at the end of the day, they would shut the reactor down (daily), go home, sleep, and restart it in the morning when they came back to work. That, in perspective of the Japanese nuclear disaster, is priceless.

That said, the most interesting fusion reaction for domestic energy objectives is the pB11 reaction. The Hydrogen Boron fusion reaction gives off only charged particles. No neutrons or dangerous electromagnetic radiation. If someone where compelled to perfect a fusion reaction for electrical energy, this is the holy grail of fusion.

Mainstream focus on deuterium fusion as well as uranium fission is only because of military related benefits associated with the emission of the neutron and aspects of the the application of the related technologies.
    Last edited by Lcam88; 24th March 2014 at 15:55.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lcam88 For This Post:

fourty-two (19th July 2017), TargeT (24th March 2014)

34. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 987 posts

Saved the link to this post for later viewing, but it now appears that all the videos in the original post are private. Also not viewable after signing in to youtube.

Anywhere else to view them?

Thx

35. The Following User Says Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

TargeT (2nd November 2015)

36. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

I'll research them for you, this is still my MOST favorite topic on Avalon (especially in light of the current "offerings" from the free energy "guru's" this year).

give me 48 hours
    Where are you?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

fourty-two (19th July 2017), GlassSteagallfan (7th November 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast