+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12

Thread: The Problems with Facebook

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Default Re: The Problems with Facebook

I met this woman while I was working at a hospital, and a mild flirtation began. One day she suggested I start a FB account. FB, what's that? I asked. She said, it's like MySpace for adults.

I hadn't fallen for the social media trap yet, and I was quietly proud of it. She reassured me that it was quite new and I wouldn't be bothered by friend requests and so forth. The implication was that one could remain quite anonymous. She also said that she had all sorts of pics of herself frolicking on the beach in a skimpy bikini, but i had to sign up to see them. those were the 2 biggest fattest lies of the century....

...instead, she had about 10,000 face shots...all taken on the same day it seemed. Pages and pages of them. there she was..grinning from asshole to eyebrow..over and over and over again. It was astounding. all I wanted to see was one picture of her ass. just one. i felt I deserved it after enduring all those face shots. But no...

..Over the years I've come across many of the face shot freaks; usually they include one grainy full body shot, taken from 50 yards away on a camera made in 1982. It's discouraging for perverts like me. but of course what they're confessing, thru omission, is that they're too fat to be sharing current photos of anything below the neck. and fair enough. but spare us all the head shots, ok?

Moving on...
    so I attempted to start a FB acct. But I was convinced I was doing it incorrectly, so i kept starting over. Turns out I was doing it correctly after all, and in the process I created something like 20 profiles for myself. over the years people have expressed shock at just how many Mike *******'s there are. My last name isn't exactly common. dude I tried to find you on FB but there's a million Mike *******'s, all nondescript...no pics or anything they'll say.

huh...weird, I'll reply

yeah....weird..

I do use one of those accounts occasionally, for the messenger option, to chat with my friends overseas. The first year I'd get drunk and stalk old classmates..but that got old really quick. They all have the same exact life: family, kids, job, so forth. I kept waiting for someone to show a little guts, a little gamble..but it never happened. Same life, over and over again.

When I do sign on now, there is one person I do follow: this guy named Mario. An old friend and classmate.

Mario fascinates me. The details vary, but he operates in 4 or 5 rotating themes with his FB posts. They go something like this:

1) the family man: these posts are designed to depict him as dedicated son, brother, uncle, and grandson. They will often include pictures: there he is, in repose, next to grandma's grave, celebrating her life with the world on the anniversary of her death....a single tear falling from his eye.

Next he's shopping with his nephew, careful to point out that he's spending the money he gave him for Christmas.

Next he's at his nieces high school volleyball game, cheering maniacally with a home made t-shirt featuring her name and photo on it.

Look out, there he is again, at his nephew's first communion, handing a large gift to the little guy.

Etc.

2) the concerned citizen: he's always first to alert folks of an approaching snowstorm, a murderer on the loose, or the current virus going round. There are also several pics of him handing out water and gift cards to the homeless. Things like that. It's as if he's running for office. I doubt the guy has ever done an anonymous favor for anyone.

3) the aloof ladies man: his posts in this arena will often begin, "Hey ladies, don't ya hate it when..." etc etc etc. It's usually something to do with men being fools. And we can be , sure, but that's not the point. Mario paints himself as a detached narrator in all this, as if he's immune to being a fool himself. He's pandering, and trying to appear to relate...all in a phony attempt to get female attention. He'll also say things like, "guys, when you're out on a date with your lady, be courteous and stay off your cell phone. It's not cool. Plus, yesterday I walked into a pizza shop, and this dude was on a cell, and his girl was checking me out..." etc etc. It's all masquerading weakly as sage advice, but is really designed to make him appear as this handsome and irresistible dude who understands your needs....as if he'd just read a column in Cosmo and a light went off in his head.

4) the arbiter of morality: one of his latest posts read something like this: "I see all these kids talking about which teacher they like and which they don't,...but please try to remember: teachers are people too.."

What's wrong with that, you may be wondering. What's wrong is that's it's formulaic. It's phony. It's all designed to make him look like a "nice guy". Hes single btw.

Another post of his, on father's day, said something like this: "hey everyone, i know its fathers day, but single mothers are father's too...so don't forget to give them credit today too.."

After I read that I imagined myself climbing a poll, unzipping my fly, and pissing all over his head.

On the recent anniversary of 9-11, he put up a Zoolander'ish selfie of himself after a haircut, pouting whilst displaying his fresh new fade. "We remember" was scrawled across the top. He really did. I'm not making it up.

5) the political sage: he goes for the low hanging fruit when no one is giving him attention: Trump. I can't recall any posts specifically, but they're all on par with, " hey that Hitler was a really bad guy, wasn't he?" And then he sits back and plays the moderator, feeling important as everyone idiotically chimes in.

....he rotates all these themes, as predictably as can be. You can set your calender by it. And people respond to him. That's what's wrong with facebook.
    Last edited by Mike; 25th September 2019 at 09:05.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), Cara (25th September 2019), Franny (18th June 2020), Holly Lindin (30th September 2020), Hym (19th June 2020), Ivanhoe (25th September 2019), Tintin (23rd June 2020)

3. Link to Post #222
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,611 times in 5,415 posts

PROJECT VERITAS exposé
    June 18th 2020

Release: 1
    The problems for Facebook could be about to mount up somewhat for them depending upon whether their hiring practices in the leaked document are proven to be actually embedded in their recruitment policies, being enacted, and in breach of employment law. This would apply presumably to California employment law.

The Diversity Initiative is the document in question which appears to be applying H-1B protocols in a discriminatory way, where it (Facebook) provides for prioritising employing workers from overseas, over American workers.

Here's the undercover film:

Last edited by Tintin; 18th June 2020 at 22:48.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th June 2020), Billy (19th June 2020), Franny (18th June 2020), Hym (19th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #223
    Language
    English
    Thanks

...and just when I thought it was nearly time for Tintin to turn in...zzzzzz.....

along came this (follow-up to the above Project Veritas exposé)

“If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2020), Billy (19th June 2020), Hym (19th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #224
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,042 times in 8,169 posts

Facebook Content Moderator: 'If Someone’s Wearing MAGA Hat, I'm Going to Delete Them for Terrorism'

Project Veritas
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Eva2 (25th June 2020), Tintin (23rd June 2020)

9. Link to Post #225
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Expose Facebook continued: Another Facebook Insider Details Political Censorship; Current HR Exec 'No One Has White Man’s Back'

Ryan Hartwig, former sub-contractor with Facebook provides evidence of blatant anti-"white" male discrimination at the company.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Eva2 (25th June 2020), Mike (25th June 2020), norman (25th June 2020), onawah (25th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #226
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,665 times in 20,818 posts

Facebook Sued for SPYING! Lawyer Explains Class Action Suit:

• Facebook and instagram are being sued for allegedly spying on their users by accessing smartphone cameras WHEN THE APP IS NOT IN USE. The lawsuit is compelling and scary. And eerily reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984.

⚠️ Play speed 0.75 of this video is near perfect ... download (rip) this mp4 video then use Free VLC Player 0.85 speed = perfect! (via Tab "View" then mark : "Status Bar" you see below the video you can change the play speed to 0.85) ... Which Youtube can not do it only allows you to play limited play-speed choices: 0.25 - 0.5 - 0.75 - 1.0 - 1.25 etc. ... Download Free VLC Player here: videolan.org

🌐 I use "y2mate(dot)com/en60" or en.savefrom(dot)net/1-youtube-video-downloader-3 ... on PC only (not smartphone) but do NOT click on any pop-under & pop-over adds just use Alt-F4 or click it away safely if you know how!

🌐 I noticed that the maker of this very important video uses a video-edit software that CUTS OUT any short silent pauses we humans normally use ... Those pauses are NEEDED & NECESSARY to allow people to digest what is shared and to let it sink in ... But due to the almost robotic-like barrage of information overflow, some may feel highly annoyed and stop watching even if it is 100% legit & important to watch. Adding the "ADHD speed-talk" it makes it only worse! ... I may re-edit this video with the correct speed & pauses upload it to bitchute or brandnewtube (giving full credits to the owner of the video) to make my case and test neutral people which version they like the most!

cheers,
    John
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. Link to Post #227
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Hi, Everyone — I'll start this thread with a joke. But it's actually a serious subject.

EPIC!!!
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (23rd September 2020), haroldsails (23rd September 2020), Kryztian (26th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th September 2020), Spiral (23rd November 2022), wondering (26th September 2020)

14. Link to Post #228
    United States Avalon Member haroldsails's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh boy, now I can't look at myself in the mirror. This is so right on.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haroldsails For This Post:

Anka (23rd September 2020), EFO (24th September 2020)

16. Link to Post #229
    Language
    Thanks

EXPOSED: Facebook is ready for unrest after election, preparing to aggressively 'restrict' content:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

fifi (26th September 2020)

18. Link to Post #230
    Language
    Thanks

19. Link to Post #231
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Facebook have pig-ignorantly closed 100s of UK accounts with any link to skinhead culture, including Neville Staple's!

They clearly know nothing about the origins of 2-Tone as a music genre.

If you judge people purely by their clothes & haircut isn’t that a sign of bigotry? Perhaps someone ought to shut Facebook down.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

wondering (26th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #232
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Parler Tutorial
    How To Use Parler 2020 App Tutorial
    1,329,817 views•Aug 7, 2020
    LaLas World
    24.1K subscribers

"How To Use Parler (2020 App Tutorial) is a tutorial video that shows step by step how to use the Parler app

Topics covered in this video are
    What is Parler
    Creating an account
    Menu options
    How to post
    Posting options
    Dark mode
    Comment options
    And following

So what is PARLER? According to their website Parler is an unbiased social media platform focused on open dialog and user engagement. They allow free speech and do not censor ideas, political parties, or ideology .

If you are wondering How does Parler work it is very similar to twitter. It is basically a conservative twitter alternative app.

You have the options to follow accounts and echo/ retweet the posts and tailor your news feed homepage to the information you want and like."

Parler CEO: Social media is supposed to be a community forum
    216,170 views•May 28, 2019
    Fox News
    6.62M subscribers
    "Parler CEO John Matze discusses social media's war on free speech and the rise of censorship."
    Last edited by onawah; 22nd November 2020 at 22:24.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Constance (23rd November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd November 2020)

23. Link to Post #233
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,042 times in 8,169 posts

Facebook announces removal of religious views on personal profiles

plus more
    11/22/2022 / By Arsenio Toledo

https://www.newstarget.com/2022-11-2...-profiles.html

Beginning Dec. 1, Facebook will no longer allow user profiles to feature their religious views.

“Some profile info is going away soon,” reads a warning sent to Facebook users who have filled in their profiles, including their religious views and affiliations. “Starting from 1 December 2022, the following info that you shared on your profile in About > Contact and basic info will be removed… Your other information will remain on your profile, along with the rest of your contact and basic info.”

The warning also provides Facebook users the option to download a copy of the data before the company scrubs it completely from people’s profiles.

Facebook is also deleting other fields on user profiles starting Dec. 1. These fields include “Interested in,” which indicates a user’s sexual orientation, “Political views” and “Address.” All other information, including contact information, will remain. (Related: Meta employees, contractors fired for HIJACKING user accounts.)

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed the situation in a statement to TechCrunch.

“As part of our efforts to make Facebook easier to navigate and use, we’re removing a handful of profile fields: Interested In, Religious Views, Political Views and Address,” wrote the spokesperson in a statement. “We’re sending notifications to people who have these fields filled out, letting them know these fields will be removed. This change doesn’t affect anyone’s ability to share this information about themselves anywhere else on Facebook.”

Spokesperson: Removal aims to help “streamline” platform

The Facebook spokesperson claimed the decision to get rid of these specific profile fields is part of an effort to streamline the platform, which currently consists of several features that are outdated. These fields, especially the “Interested In” part, helped propel Facebook to global popularity in its early days.

But Aisha Malik, writing for TechCrunch, noted that these fields are no longer present in other major social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram, the latter of which is also owned by Facebook’s parent company Meta.

“Platforms like Instagram and TikTok have simple bios that let users share a little bit about themselves without going into specific details, such as political or religious views,” wrote Malik. “In the past, people may have been interested in filling out their profiles with additional information, but as privacy infringements have come to light, users may no longer want to share extra details about themselves online.”

Thomas Germain, writing for Gizmodo, agrees and believes the changes are part of the company’s attempt to make the platform more appealing to younger users.

“Facebook is working to streamline a platform that’s filled with barely used features and cluttered, confusing interfaces,” he wrote. “Facebook earned a poor reputation, not just for causing societal problems, but because it’s just not cool anymore. Users have been leaving the platform in droves, and even Instagram, Facebook’s younger and slightly hipper sibling, has seen its cache decline.”

“Dialing back the ways you can update your profile is, in a way, admitting defeat,” concluded Germain. “The world moved on, and Facebook once again needs to move fast if it wants to stay relevant.”

This mass exodus of users has left the company in dire financial straits, causing CEO Mark Zuckerberg to lay off 11,000 employees and shifting the entire future of the company away from social media and towards the ludicrous goal of creating the “metaverse,” a world created with a mix of virtual and augmented reality that is yet to become profitable for Meta.

Read more news about Facebook’s recent actions at FacebookCollapse.com.

This change to Facebook comes as the company implodes following CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s decision to fire 11,000 of his employees. His farewell address to the employees he just axed can be seen in the video below.

https://www.brighteon.com/5df15a4c-5...c-e51bf042d031

More related stories:

Facebook to start censoring all climate-related posts that fail to parrot the official LIES (narrative) of the ruling class.

Meta’s Mark Zuckerberg fires more than 11K employees, takes blame for overestimating company’s growth prospects.

DHS engaged in treasonous collusion with Twitter and Facebook to censor Americans, bombshell report reveals.

Facebook shuts down page with positive and inspirational messages for US border agents, as “suicidologists” are brought in to help deal with border agent suicide numbers not seen since Obama era.

Facebook shuts down 100,000-member group for using carrot emoji to refer to COVID vaccines, because no discussion of vaccine injuries shall be allowed.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Inversion (24th November 2022), Spiral (23rd November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12