+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast

Thread: Scientology, Science for a Golden Age

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 294 posts

Default Re: Scientology, Science for a Golden Age

Take the chapter "The Science of Kriya Yoga" in "The Autobiography of a Yogi" and the book "The Power of Now" as your base gnosis. (Other texts exist which are applicable but this combination is rather concise and salient.)
    Discipline your body and mind with a bodily practice (yoga; chi gung; tai chi; aikido, etc.) while
    Regularly meditate, closely minding your diet and how changes to it affect your being, and over time any of the claimed goals of Scientology (or any tradition) are accomplished.

I do use a binaural theta track often while meditating and that's all the 'tech' I ever needed. Total cost here is about 30-50$ and outcome solely based on my own practice without talk and audits and any procedure requiring the presence of another.

"There's a darkness upon us that's flooded in light, and I'm frightened by those that don't see it." "Road Full of Promise, Head Full of Doubt" by The Avett Brothers.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boutreality For This Post:

Clear Light (10th January 2016), mab777 (14th January 2016), Matthew (10th January 2016), Unicorn (26th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Mexico Avalon Member cuitlahuac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Blue Skies (here)
    Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    I think Hubbard was a genius in this... he was a wordsmith of the highest caliber... he really figured out "the system" in a way... (just like Phillip K Dick was having premonitions of what the matrix was decade ahead of everyone else...) for that he is brilliant... and then he used it to create his own system... for his own gain... just calling it what it is.... no doubt the man is brilliant... the best cons usually are...
    Oh, yeah, I don't doubt the "auditing" sessions has its "effects" giving a sense of progress and possible "achievable goals" such as "Clear" or OT Level X,Y,Z etc ... BUT IMHE unless the underlying sense of "self", the "I" or the "Ego" is addressed then I cannot see how it is anything except for an "Ego Trip" with the allure of "Super Powers " ...

Just saying
    Listen to the Philadelphia Doctorate Course taped lectures (1952) or Read the books published in the mid 50's to know how the "self", the "I" or the "Ego" (the spiritual being) is addressed and explained.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

Clear Light (11th January 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Hello!

Could you please elaborate a bit on the creating of many universes? Since that is a topic I also got interested in during the last year.

kind regards
    Christoph
    I need to quote from the tapes described here, but there is the Home Universe, universes created as a group activity. Hubbard speaks of a previous universe, a magical one, and he speaks of a next one worse than this if we don't rehabilitate the thetans (us, spiritual beings).

In the field of physics, there's the Many Worlds theory of Everet, in which theory, the known universe creates branches of parallel universes for every quantum outcome perceived.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by boutreality (here)
    Take the chapter "The Science of Kriya Yoga" in "The Autobiography of a Yogi" and the book "The Power of Now" as your base gnosis. (Other texts exist which are applicable but this combination is rather concise and salient.)
    Discipline your body and mind with a bodily practice (yoga; chi gung; tai chi; aikido, etc.) while
    Regularly meditate, closely minding your diet and how changes to it affect your being, and over time any of the claimed goals of Scientology (or any tradition) are accomplished.

I do use a binaural theta track often while meditating and that's all the 'tech' I ever needed. Total cost here is about 30-50$ and outcome solely based on my own practice without talk and audits and any procedure requiring the presence of another.

"There's a darkness upon us that's flooded in light, and I'm frightened by those that don't see it." "Road Full of Promise, Head Full of Doubt" by The Avett Brothers.
    What makes you believe we don't see the darkness? And what makes you believe it is not "being addressed"?

What are "the claimed goals of Scientology" in your words?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

kanishk (14th January 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

agree that all information is stored, this was proven by Wilder Penfield, applying mild electric shocks to the surface of the human brain... I 'm sure Hubbard was aware of this science, it was quite famous at the time... but did Hubbard create a way to retrieve it at will?... any better then any other memory retrieval technique... I don't think so...
    Thanks a lot. If Wilder Penfield was so famous at the time... what happened to that research? Was it organized so that it benefited mankind? Is there a good memory retrieval technique developed from that that is affordable for the average citizen?

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Please note that I will respond to this and a question in a personal message Daozen asked in a new thread.

I am not particularly interested in Scientology's taken gnosis as, for me:

1. It is too reliant on technology.
    2. Is an organized application of a particular subset of knowledge which demands adherents become reliant, far quite a long time, on other people in its hierarchy.
    3. While I do acknowledge the scientific principles purported by its structured beliefs, I cannot agree with its apparent claim that to me, simply states: "It's science, so that makes it valid."
    4. That Scientologists in general, are not comfortable allowing others to see the world as they will, applying a discipline as they will and they consider such a stance Ethical and not an imposition of their will upon another. If we're both pursuing a valid, good-nature goal, our methods to reach that end need not cause infighting.
    5. Every point you have raised, at its root (including the science) is sophistry, citing the founder and his cohorts, arguing, "It's that way because this says it's that way."

Again, my opinion; my thread will be my final word on this exchange and I will gratefully leave you to your own substrate of knowledge as you champion and wish you well. Might you do me (us) the same?
    Last edited by boutreality; 10th January 2016 at 22:47.

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Please note that I will respond to this and a question in a personal message Daozen asked in a new thread.

I am not particularly interested in Scientology's taken gnosis as, for me:

1. It is too reliant on technology.
    Scientology does not rely on technology, save for the purpose to evaluate the scientific hypothesis theories or axioms of it. Science and technology are different things. Example. Quantum mechanics is a science. Semiconductor electronics is a technology which relies on quantum mechanics phenomena to build transistors and computers. Similarly, Scientology as a science is one thing and its technology (processes) is another.

Quote 2. Is an organized application of a particular subset of knowledge which demands adherents become reliant, far quite a long time, on other people in its hierarchy.
    The basic books for people insist repeatedly that they must verify the information, and if it is true for them, then it is true for them. The particular subset of knowledge it was built from, encompasses all phenomena of the universe, mind and spirit. That includes The Veda, nuclear physics, very good friend Crowley (hebrew and Eastern knowledge) and many more.

Quote 3. While I do acknowledge the scientific principles purported by its structured beliefs, I cannot agree with its apparent claim that to me, simply states: "It's science, so that makes it valid."
    In the Scientology basic books it is stressed that the validity of science depends on its ability to explain phenomena in our daily life and the universe. So the "apparent" claim that "It's science, so that makes it valid." is a false claim or if stated, not a Scientology claim at all.

Quote 4. That Scientologists in general, are not comfortable allowing others to see the world as they will, applying a discipline as they will and they consider such a stance Ethical and not an imposition of their will upon another. If we're both pursuing a valid, good-nature goal, our methods to reach that end need not cause infighting.
    I as a scientologist have no problem with "others seeing the world as they will, and applying a discipline as they will" so long as they don't try to change basic Scientology principles for reason of undue control of others, for profit or personal gain.

Quote 5. Every point you have raised, at its root (including the science) is sophistry, citing the founder and his cohorts, arguing, "It's that way because this says it's that way."
    Simple Definition of sophistry
    : the use of reasoning or arguments that sound correct but are actually false

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sophistry

In the OP and most of the answers I have given I haven't cited the founder and his cohorts, arguing, "It's that way because this says it's that way." If it's otherwise, please show me.

Quote Again, my opinion; my thread will be my final word on this exchange and I will gratefully leave you to your own substrate of knowledge as you champion and wish you well. Might you do me (us) the same?
    Yes, I leave you to your own substrate of knowledge as you champion and wish you well.
    Last edited by cuitlahuac; 11th January 2016 at 00:21.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

boutreality (11th January 2016)

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

All of your above replies I take no issue with. I only reiterate that my intent in that last post was my take and never did I seek to make it yours or anyone's.
    I question the hierarchical codification of methods and concepts aimed to prepare an adherent for the knowledge they are to be entrusted (at each level) to act upon in a useful way.
    It simply makes no sense, to me, again, that these books and system of relating a conceptual framework and its applications be obscured by levels and materials that cost money to obtain.

Be well. As I will be basing my inferred retort on my own gnosis, (tradition- if you can call it that; it's a rather sole endeavor) and not Scientology directly, (though I will address it) my separate thread is forthcoming.
    Thank You

12. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

All of your above replies I take no issue with. I only reiterate that my intent in that last post was my take and never did I seek to make it yours or anyone's.
    I question the hierarchical codification of methods and concepts aimed to prepare an adherent for the knowledge they are to be entrusted (at each level) to act upon in a useful way.
    It simply makes no sense, to me, again, that these books and system of relating a conceptual framework and its applications be obscured by levels and materials that cost money to obtain.

Be well. As I will be basing my inferred retort on my own gnosis, (tradition- if you can call it that; it's a rather sole endeavor) and not Scientology directly, (though I will address it) my separate thread is forthcoming.
    Thank You
    Thanks a lot. By the way, the basic books were very affordable in my time (early 80's). 50 pages on average. Today you can get the materials in the internet, including the super secret advanced levels. The only thing that costs money are the computers or internet stores to access them.

In regards to top level technology, it makes no sense for the beginner, like the formula E=MC2, makes no sense for the physics beginners unless they are a theoretical physicist or a government scientist with lots of funds.

13. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Most comments so far are related to the spiritual technology developed from Scientology. The effect of Scn. on the field of physics is kind of a secondary consequence.

So, comments on Scientology as a technology for life are welcome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

Bob (13th January 2016)

15. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

FYI I started the thread I mentioned in the Spirituality forum. You have clearly outlined your views. The mentioned thread, and really most if not all of my posts have clearly outlined mine.
    On these, I feel, we may each rest and I will seek no further interchange.
    Be well

16. The Following User Says Thank You to boutreality For This Post:

cuitlahuac (11th January 2016)

17. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

This is just an excerpt of the answer I put in boutreality's thread mentioned above:

Quote Edit: I acknowledge that by the word "technology" you mean machines using spiritual energy to entrap. What I mean by Scientology technology are simply processes based on communication between two people to free a person by making the person find things about himself. Different technology to that of spiritual energy machines.
    Further note: Today the USA / IRS Iluminati controlled Church of Scientology utilizes the Scientology processes and advanced levels to also entrap, and those methods are sometimes as gruesome or worse than the ones described by boutreality. Its called reverse auditing. Stay away from unreformed Church of Scientology.
    Last edited by cuitlahuac; 11th January 2016 at 04:42.

18. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Hello!

Could you please elaborate a bit on the creating of many universes? Since that is a topic I also got interested in during the last year.

kind regards
    Christoph
    Another person who elaborates on the created universes is The Pilot, Ken Ogger. His material might contain confidential data that can be hard on some. This is in his Super Scio book or there is a website with his materials, in case you want to know more on cosmic history. If you don't find him I could provide the link latter.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

In regards to the question on alteration of Scientology Materials:

III. Alterations in tapes
    LRH original PDC tape 20 -

Here is excerpt from older un-edited version of PDC, (copyright L.RON HUBBARD)

"Therefore, we really do have the remedy before the assault weapon is produced. Did you ever read poor old George Orwell's 1984? Yes,yes, that's wonderful. That would be--------could be the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence."

Altered version of PDC tape 20:

"Therefore, we really do have the remedy before the assault weapon is produced."

The rest of the segment as it appears above was SEAMLESSLY deleted.

Here's another one:

Correct version:

"It's a very simple remedy. And that's-just make sure that the remedy is passed along. That's all.Don't horde it, don't hold it; and if you ever do use any Black Dianetics, use it on the guy who pulled Scientology out of sight and made it so it wasn't available. Because he's the boy who would be electing himself "The New Order." And we don't need any more new orders. All those orders, as far as I am concerned, have been filled."

New "improved" version:

"It's a very simple remedy. And that's-just make sure that the remedy is passed along. That's all. Don't hoard it and don't hold it."

The rest is SEAMLESSLY deleted.

http://www.dasdrittejahrtausend.de/T...t-e.html#Part3

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

Bob (13th January 2016), Ewan (11th January 2016)

20. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

The finding in Scientology that it is consciousness (thetan or spirits) what creates matter, energy, space and time in the universe and therefore creates universes, have profound implications in cosmology, from the Expansion of the universe to the Big Bang theory.

21. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

In "Keeping Scientolgoy Working" Policy Letter, Hubbard explains that his research must undergo tabulation and coordination of what has been done. That work begun with the Research and Discovery volumes. This would facilitate the research of anybody wanting to verify and research the subject of Scientology.

Quote Our technology has not been discovered by a group. True, if the group had not supported me in many ways I could not have discovered it either. But it remains that if in its formative stages it was not discovered by a group, then group efforts, one can safely assume, will not add to it or successfully alter it in the future. I can only say this now that it is done. There remains, of course, group tabulation or coordination of what has been done, which will be valuable — only so long as it does not seek to alter basic principles and successful applications.
    - L. Ronald Hubbard. HCO POLICY LETTER OF 7 FEBRUARY 1965 Keeping Scientology Working.

Quote "A chronological study of the materials is necessary for the complete training of a truly top-grade expert in these lines. He can see how the subject progressed and so is able to see which are the highest levels of development. Not the least advantage in this is the defining of words and terms for each, when originally used, was defined, in most cases, with considerable exactitude, and one is not left with any misunderstdoods."
    - L. Ron Hubbard, from HCOB 30 July 1973, SCIENTOLOGY, CURRENT STATE OF THE SUBJECT AND MATERIALS

When completed, the series will consist of 100 volumes, containing all of Mr. Hubbard's public lectures and demonstrations – unquestionably the most precious collection of wisdom and practical knowledge ever to exist.

22. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Ronald Hubbard's bibliography for the researcher on Scientology:

Fifty thousand years of thinking men, (that includes The Veda).

In particular:
    Anaxagoras, Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Euclid, Lucretious, Robert Bacon, Francis Bacon, Isaac Newton, van Leeuwenhoek, Voltaire, Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, Rene Descartes, James Clerk Maxwell, Charcot, Herbert Spencer, William James, Sigmund Freud, Cmdr Thompson (MC) USN, Whilliam A. White, Will Durant, Count Alfred Korzybski, Athomic and Molecular Phenomena curricula and Humanities curricula at George Washington University and Princeton in the 1930's.

Last edited by cuitlahuac; 12th January 2016 at 23:44.

23. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Experimental Research

Experimental research is commonly used in sciences such as sociology and psychology, physics, chemistry, biology and medicine etc.

The experimental method is a systematic and scientific approach to research in which the researcher manipulates one or more variables, and controls and measures any change in other variables.

https://explorable.com/experimental-research

Here is an example of experimental research in which the variables are controlled one by one.

Quote:
    I figured out the mineral content of many parts of the body, simply by overdoses of proteins and minerals and vitamins, and omitted, carefully, each vitamin in turn and each mineral in turn. And would overdose the guy to such a degree that he was developing such a thing as scurvy. You can induce scurvy this way.

You can take vitamin C, omit it from the ration, and then give him a TERRIFIC dosage of proteins and vitamins and minerals – with no vitamin C, no ascorbic acid, and in eight or ten hours of such dosage you can give him a case of scurvy, the like of which you’ve never observed. You can have his teeth just rattling in his gums. Gums all swelling up – oh, fascinating! And uh… now – now do we know that that’s vitamin C causing it? How do you know it really went to the teeth? Why, sure. He’s got a bad… bad teeth now, hasn’t he? He temporarily… you haven’t ruined him. any, particularly.

Now let’s just omit everything and let’s pump him full of vitamin C. Now the vitamin C is a sort of vacuum. And it goes instantaneously into the teeth and the gums and he will develop a toothache the like of which no dentist… dentists really ought to know about this. But uh… you feed that guy, after he’s been overdosed in everything else – don’t feed him proteins or vitamins or minerals, just feed him vitamin C. And feed it to him fast, and feed it to him in great big doses like a thousand units, you know, a thousand milligrams at a crack. And he will develop a toothache that he would rather be SHOT than suffer. He can just feel those teeth as cracking and creaking and trying to go back together again too fast.

And… and the scurvy will cure up. Of course, what you do after you’ve noticed this is just feed him some more proteins and vitamins and minerals, and they’ll take the vitamin C back out and they’ll tend to balance the ration. You can balance him up and get him back to, quote, normal, unquote, again.
    End Quote:
    PDC-34 8-8008 UNDERSTANDING THE PHENOMENA
    11.12.52 PHILADELPHIA DOCTORATE COURSE.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

Bob (13th January 2016)

25. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

cuitlahuac:

I noticed you saw fit to post a reply to my thread here without addressing what I listed are the actual sources behind the White; Yellow (I); Blue (AM); Red (You)

Also, though hardly related, when I used the term "sophistry" earlier in this thread I meant the dictionary definition, not the, as you call it, "a simple" one that clearly suits your frame of reason.

If anyone other than me still engaging this thread is not simply a disguised Scientologist, you may want to check out my explanation of not only the source of these, but also their function as it pertains to their effects on people.

Consider all this crazy if you care to. I cannot in good conscience leave the following unaddressed:

Scientology is the externalization of an out-of-phase weapons system designed to work THROUGH its followers, with or without their knowledge. A few specific examples include:

In the Scientology post-birth ceremony of leaving a newborn in silence for a period of days- (or is it weeks?) -the duration is not my point, it is a process developed to GIVE the child to the moon; actually to the system I gave an overview of in the attached pdf. and have outlined aspects of in my "Scientology" Retort; Jupiter and Neptune's Roles" thread in the Spirituality Forum and also in my "Mars Base Function" thread in the Conspiracy Research forum.

This enforced silence entangles to the child's brain an out of phase a box made out of a dark metal with has a metal "tail" that extends downward, reaching all the way to the child's pelvis.
    This tail is designed to extend as the child grows.

I consider all Scientologists victims of mind control that are not in control of their own actions; especially controlled in how vehemently they defend a framework of concepts that only legitimize their victimization by exceedingly advanced invisible technologies. It is entirely plausible that at some level of Scientology members are knowingly complicit in this control and that they do endorse all aspects of technology, in and out-of-phase, utilized to accomplish this control.

One more bit of tech they use to remotely control another looks pretty much like a headband made out of gold that is worn across the forehead to have deleterious affect on a victim's reasoning. -This one may actually be solid state in-phase technology and is almost certainly not exclusively used in Scientology.

A third piece of technology that is out of phase that I have perceived and have seen in use by Scientologists is a series of round flattened metal "pads" designed to link via entanglement to the upper spine and lower rear skull of their target.

This tech is used to control another, to literally make another say and do what one asks, or allow a higher ranking Scientologist to work THROUGH another; even a non-Scientologist. A second and more common use of this device is to provide technological telepathy and mental monitoring from a distance.

"...could be like Jim Jones or David Koresh; be like L Ron Hubbard, just like Joseph Smith..." -"Lamb of Nothing" by Cage
    Attached Files
    Last edited by boutreality; 13th January 2016 at 11:23.

26. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

cuitlahuac:

"...could be like Jim Jones or David Koresh; be like L Ron Hubbard, just like Joseph Smith..." -"Lamb of Nothing" by Cage
    Well, why don't you verify this question by researching L Ron Hubbard's work in the R&D volumes. They are (some) in the net. Link below.

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientolo...FR%26Ds+PDF%2F

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

Clear Light (13th January 2016)

28. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by cuitlahuac (here)
    Quote Posted by Clear Blue Skies (here)
    I think Hubbard was a genius in this... he was a wordsmith of the highest caliber... he really figured out "the system" in a way... (just like Phillip K Dick was having premonitions of what the matrix was decade ahead of everyone else...) for that he is brilliant... and then he used it to create his own system... for his own gain... just calling it what it is.... no doubt the man is brilliant... the best cons usually are...
    Oh, yeah, I don't doubt the "auditing" sessions has its "effects" giving a sense of progress and possible "achievable goals" such as "Clear" or OT Level X,Y,Z etc ... BUT IMHE unless the underlying sense of "self", the "I" or the "Ego" is addressed then I cannot see how it is anything except for an "Ego Trip" with the allure of "Super Powers " ...

Just saying
    Listen to the Philadelphia Doctorate Course taped lectures (1952) or Read the books published in the mid 50's to know how the "self", the "I" or the "Ego" (the spiritual being) is addressed and explained.
    Oh, thank you but perhaps I have found what I was looking for though in an indirect manner

From : "Volume I of the Technical Bulletins of Dianetics and Scientology" (1950 - 1953)

The Analytical Mind

Quote By this time, many a dianetic preclear is becoming convinced that most of his life he has been running strictly on engrams. By no means; the analytical mind is very definitely in there pitching And these are the ways of its workings:

In studying the present text and releases of Dianetics one is liable to the error of believing that Dianetics concerns itself mainly with the reactive mind, that collection of “unconsciousnesses” which bedevil and plague mankind.

The mind, however, is important only to the degree that it can observe, pose, resolve and execute problems. In that the reactive mind is no more capable of actually resolving a problem of magnitude than a prefrontal lobotomy is capable of restoring sanity, it can be seen that the analytical mind is the truly important entity.

Dianetic processing relieves the human being of all mental aberration and psychosomatic illness. This accomplishment was made possible by the discovery of the actual identity of the “unconscious” mind and the development of techniques to unburden it. But Dianetics also includes in its sweep the other minds of the human being, the analytical and the somatic. Actually the analytical mind is so important to the intelligent being and the somatic mind so important to the athlete that dianetic processing can be said to consist of deintensifying the reactive mind so that the analytical and somatic minds can be free to function properly.

Once one has been “cleared” by dianetic processes— which is to say, once his aberrations and psychosomatic illnesses are vanquished — he operates exclusively on his analytical mind and somatic mind. Therefore a study and knowledge of these is vital if one is to achieve maximal efficiency after he has attained optimum potential. Further, the matter is of intense importance to the dianetic preclear because he is prone, wandering through the idiocies of his reactive mind during sessions of therapy, to believe that he has had only his reactive mind in operation all his life—there is so very much contained in it.
    Because IMHO / IMHE the sense of self / 'I' / ego is itself merely a Projection of the Unconscious / Subconscious ... thus LRH's concept of getting "Clear" makes no sense as it seems he has it all backwards ...

Disclaimer : As I am not a Scientologist nor do I have any in-depth understanding of his material I may have come to an incorrect conclusion based upon what I have read so far !
    Last edited by Clear Light; 13th January 2016 at 18:20. Reason: Assertiveness

29. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

cuitlahuac,

That was a quote from a song, not a question.
    Have fun preaching to your choir, and choir, have fun pretending debate and genuine exchange which is all this thread is (except for my and a couple of other member's responses.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast