Thread: William Shatner's 'Mysteries of the Gods'

1. Link to Post #1
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,513 times in 4,312 posts

Default William Shatner's 'Mysteries of the Gods'

I think this old film has been posted before somewhere, and possibly not for a while, but it's definitely worth another look. It's actually a very important film for the information it contains, and all the more startling when you note the date it was made: 1977.

If you read a transcript for it, you would perhaps be forgiven for believing it was some recent offering from the History Channel, or NatGeo - I mean that seriously. Perhaps only William Shatner's sideburns, and epic polyester suits with their massive collars, tells us that this really was made in '77. And for that fact it hits home all the more harder, if you take into consideration the context of the information, the severity of how it's delivered, and the important, underlying theme of it all - which you'll understand when you see it, taking into account afterwards how little progress has been made over some 40 years insofar as ETs and UFOs are perceived by your everyman.

Discussed are many matters you might only have seen or heard about recently, such as on 'Ancient Aliens', and probably because that in itself is based largely on Von Daniken's theories, who I believe inspired this film in the first place. We get to hear different (balanced) sides of the argument, both civilian and academic – even NASA speaks up, and surprisingly in favour of ET reality, and even a genetic connection with 'men from space'. We are presented with numerous examples of extraterrestrial visitation in our dim, distant past. A Crystal Skull is shown and discussed with its owner; and we hear a number of philosophical standpoints on the subject of not just UFOs, but science and metaphysics, and our wider, grander place in the Universe. An 'exo-sociologist' is interviewed, (a forerunner of Exopolitics?), and we are told what to expect in mankind's future. Multiple UFO cases are examined, photos displayed, and it is all constructively presented, quite different to how mainstream documentaries (mocumentaries) do so today, and Shatner even looks at cases of UFOs sighted over nuclear facilities.

All in all it's an excellent piece for its day, and well worth a watch. But I couldn't help thinking, throughout the whole thing, that it was almost, somehow, a preparatory piece. In other words, it was like a film specially made for the public's education, in light of possible, imminent First Contact.

I've asked myself many times over the years, 'what if'? And not 'what if it happened', but what if it could have happened, or was meant to already have happened in the past - yet, due to some force, was blocked? Personally, I think that is the case. I believe the event of disclosure is something that could very well have happened, had it not been postponed, postponed perhaps several times. Probably Military, Intelligence, or Government forces were responsible for this. They do so love their secrets. And to keep on controlling the black technology those secrets must be kept at all costs...

Obviously the predictions made in this film did not pan out. I wonder how much longer we have to wait until disclosure really does happen? Consider Shatner's in many ways profound words at the end of this film:

"Are beings or intelligences from beyond our galaxy listening to us, as we are trying to listen to them? ...And a most disturbing, unsettling question, echoed by scientists and layman alike: Are we in some inexplicable way being prepared by an intelligence beyond our own, for our first encounter with extra-terrestrial beings? Think of it. Am I being prepared for this encounter? Are you? How soon?

"This is not a work of fiction, this is not a work of dreamers ... Behold: there are even greater wonders than we dream…"
    Last edited by Mark (Star Mariner); 19th January 2016 at 15:18.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th September 2021), Chip (18th January 2016), DeDukshyn (19th January 2016), Ellisa (18th January 2016), Fairy Friend (19th January 2016), Foxie Loxie (18th January 2016), genevieve (20th January 2016), ghostrider (19th January 2016), gnostic9 (19th January 2016), guyres (19th January 2016), janette (18th January 2016), jjjones (19th January 2016), Matt P (18th January 2016), Matthew (19th January 2016), meeradas (19th January 2016), Meggings (18th January 2016), mh842 (19th January 2016), Ratszinger (27th September 2021), sigma6 (19th January 2016), Sir Eltor (19th January 2016), Spellbound (22nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (18th January 2016), T Smith (27th September 2021), toppy (26th September 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: William Shatner's 'Mysteries of the Gods'

Hi Star Mariner good post. It is good to have a recap.
    Will watch tomorrow
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ellisa (19th January 2016), gnostic9 (19th January 2016), Hym (19th January 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th January 2016), Matt P (18th January 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

wow! Thanks so much; I had never seen it. It was great to see some of those places up close & you are correct....amazing for the 1970's!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

gnostic9 (19th January 2016), Hym (19th January 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    wow! Thanks so much; I had never seen it. It was great to see some of those places up close & you are correct....amazing for the 1970's!
    I remember listening to its french translation IN the 70's. I do not find it amazing for the 70's as much as I find amazing that we are not further on 45 years later. The only thing that has developed is the communications technologies, microwaves technologies, and real difficult medications, all what is needed to control the masses.

We should have free energies, star trek devices to cure ourselves, no more war but work for everybody to feed all, no chemtrails with ingredients spreading us with poison and microchips, but spraying to enrich the earth, this is where we should actually be and it is amazing that we are not absolutely demanding it with all we have as energy.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (19th January 2016), Ellisa (19th January 2016), gnostic9 (19th January 2016), hohoemi (19th January 2016), Hym (19th January 2016), jjjones (19th January 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th January 2016), Matt P (19th January 2016), sandy (19th January 2016), seko (19th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

What it does....is that it makes it abundantly clear that there is a clandestine war going on, a war for people's minds.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (19th January 2016), Flash (19th January 2016), gnostic9 (19th January 2016), Hym (19th January 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th January 2016), seko (19th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

was digging the background music... very relaxing... and I do think Shatner was channeling some Elvis there ... he's a great speaker/host/orator .

The mathematician he was interviewing was good... although he claimed he could not understand their motives logically speaking... he "felt" that he didn't like how they acted... neither benign, nor dangerous...

hmmm... how refreshing for a change... scientific analysis without an agenda... and is it just my imagination or do the people seem more balanced, level headed and unpretentious then people today?... (at least how they are addressing this issue)

quote around 1:11:00
    Quote "you find we are the most mysterious thing we know of in the universe...what we find when you study archeology and anthropology is that there is no evidence to prove that we as human beings originated on this earth, there is all kinds of evidence to suggest that we might have originated somewhere in outer space... ...our brain is one of the great mysteries of this universe... we can't explain within the theory of organic evolution how we got our brain, it just doesn't fit in, it "evolved" too fast... right now we have a brain that we aren't using the full potential of"
    [consider the implications of that alone o.O!!?? how would evolution create a brain that has greater capacity then is currently being used!!??] ... this guy was very fascinating doing some pretty heavy duty research from the sounds of it... so cool !..
    Last edited by sigma6; 19th January 2016 at 18:54.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th January 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th January 2016), Matt P (19th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,513 times in 4,312 posts

Yes absolutely, there's soooo much in this important film that stands out - and not just the information, but *how* it is conveyed. It really puts to shame so many productions you see today.

Carmody is right, there is a clandestine war going on. I firmly believe that in the 70s there was a potential opening for a widespread consciousness change, a thorough breakthrough in our reality. The world was on the cusp of it, I feel. This cutting-edge film, as a window in time, clearly defines something that was present then, that is lacking now - at least in the mainstream.

Perhaps this is all linked to the whole counter-culture revolution, extensively discussed in Bill's thread. That it fizzled out, or was snuffed out, is evidence that this clandestine war - or at least that particular battle - was won by TPTB.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th January 2016), sigma6 (19th January 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,748 times in 20,828 posts

• William Shatner discusses Ancient Aliens and UFOs - Audio Interview:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th September 2021), toppy (26th September 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,281 times in 1,399 posts

There was a 'breakthrough' time when telecommunication was still in it's infancy when info. got out that was real, concerning and presented in a serious matter but that window was small before the powers realized how to seize control to effectively filter all that is shown! This is one of those that slipped through the cracks I think and should be a wake up call for those thinking of any new productions on the subject matter at how much repeat we do without moving forward! We've taken a baby step forward at best in 45 years and that is being generous! Could it be that much more has been learned but that it too, like that before it was kept secret as well? Probably so and just to be sure we have not time to look further into it they throw in more wedges to divide us because looking outward today it's still quite obvious we have a clandestine war going on and a great divide of the haves and have nots, the left vs the right, the abortion pros and cons, the gun rights pros and cons, and now the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated as if black vs white wasn't enough!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (27th September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread