+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: Evidence for Planet Nine in our solar system

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: Evidence for Planet Nine in our solar system

It didn't "dissipate" so much as 'evaporate'; I am sure that the blotch in the picture is a drop of water.

Cheers,

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016), justntime2learn (5th February 2016), kirolak (6th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Although a good question about 9 planets since Pluto was downgraded and didn't scientists mention they confirmed another planet?
    Yes. The announcement, on January 20, of a suspected new planet, caused quite a stir. Some even referred to it as 'Planet X' ...

Astronomers say a Neptune-sized planet lurks beyond Pluto

By Eric Hand Jan. 20, 2016 , 9:45 AM

The solar system appears to have a new ninth planet. Today, two scientists announced evidence that a body nearly the size of Neptune—but as yet unseen—orbits the sun every 15,000 years. During the solar system’s infancy 4.5 billion years ago, they say, the giant planet was knocked out of the planet-forming region near the sun. Slowed down by gas, the planet settled into a distant elliptical orbit, where it still lurks today.

The claim is the strongest yet in the centuries-long search for a “Planet X” beyond Neptune. The quest has been plagued by far-fetched claims and even outright quackery. But the new evidence comes from a pair of respected planetary scientists, Konstantin Batygin and Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena, who prepared for the inevitable skepticism with detailed analyses of the orbits of other distant objects and months of computer simulations. “If you say, ‘We have evidence for Planet X,’ almost any astronomer will say, ‘This again? These guys are clearly crazy.’ I would, too,” Brown says. “Why is this different? This is different because this time we’re right.”
    Mike Brown (left) and Konstantin Batygin.

Mike Brown (left) and Konstantin Batygin.

LANCE HAYASHIDA/CALTECH

Outside scientists say their calculations stack up and express a mixture of caution and excitement about the result. “I could not imagine a bigger deal if—and of course that’s a boldface ‘if’—if it turns out to be right,” says Gregory Laughlin, a planetary scientist at the University of California (UC), Santa Cruz. “What’s thrilling about it is [the planet] is detectable.”

Batygin and Brown inferred its presence from the peculiar clustering of six previously known objects that orbit beyond Neptune. They say there’s only a 0.007% chance, or about one in 15,000, that the clustering could be a coincidence. Instead, they say, a planet with the mass of 10 Earths has shepherded the six objects into their strange elliptical orbits, tilted out of the plane of the solar system.

The orbit of the inferred planet is similarly tilted, as well as stretched to distances that will explode previous conceptions of the solar system. Its closest approach to the sun is seven times farther than Neptune, or 200 astronomical units (AUs). (An AU is the distance between Earth and the sun, about 150 million kilometers.) And Planet X could roam as far as 600 to 1200 AU, well beyond the Kuiper belt, the region of small icy worlds that begins at Neptune’s edge about 30 AU.

If Planet X is out there, Brown and Batygin say, astronomers ought to find more objects in telltale orbits, shaped by the pull of the hidden giant. But Brown knows that no one will really believe in the discovery until Planet X itself appears within a telescope viewfinder. “Until there’s a direct detection, it’s a hypothesis—even a potentially very good hypothesis,” he says. The team has time on the one large telescope in Hawaii that is suited for the search, and they hope other astronomers will join in the hunt.

Killing Pluto was fun, but this is head and shoulders above everything else.
    Mike Brown, Caltech

Batygin and Brown published the result today in The Astronomical Journal. Alessandro Morbidelli, a planetary dynamicist at the Nice Observatory in France, performed the peer review for the paper. In a statement, he says Batygin and Brown made a “very solid argument” and that he is “quite convinced by the existence of a distant planet.”

Championing a new ninth planet is an ironic role for Brown; he is better known as a planet slayer. His 2005 discovery of Eris, a remote icy world nearly the same size as Pluto, revealed that what was seen as the outermost planet was just one of many worlds in the Kuiper belt. Astronomers promptly reclassified Pluto as a dwarf planet—a saga Brown recounted in his book How I Killed Pluto.

Now, he has joined the centuries-old search for new planets. His method—inferring the existence of Planet X from its ghostly gravitational effects—has a respectable track record. In 1846, for example, the French mathematician Urbain Le Verrier predicted the existence of a giant planet from irregularities in the orbit of Uranus. Astronomers at the Berlin Observatory found the new planet, Neptune, where it was supposed to be, sparking a media sensation.

Remaining hiccups in Uranus’s orbit led scientists to think that there might yet be one more planet, and in 1906 Percival Lowell, a wealthy tycoon, began the search for what he called “Planet X” at his new observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. In 1930, Pluto turned up—but it was far too small to tug meaningfully on Uranus. More than half a century later, new calculations based on measurements by the Voyager spacecraft revealed that the orbits of Uranus and Neptune were just fine on their own: No Planet X was needed.

Yet the allure of Planet X persisted. In the 1980s, for example, researchers proposed that an unseen brown dwarf star could cause periodic extinctions on Earth by triggering fusillades of comets. In the 1990s, scientists invoked a Jupiter-sized planet at the solar system’s edge to explain the origin of certain oddball comets. Just last month, researchers claimed to have detected the faint microwave glow of an outsized rocky planet some 300 AU away, using an array of telescope dishes in Chile called the Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA). (Brown was one of many skeptics, noting that ALMA’s narrow field of view made the chances of finding such an object vanishingly slim.)

Brown got his first inkling of his current quarry in 2003, when he led a team that found Sedna, an object a bit smaller than both Eris and Pluto. Sedna’s odd, far-flung orbit made it the most distant known object in the solar system at the time. Its perihelion, or closest point to the sun, lay at 76 AU, beyond the Kuiper belt and far outside the influence of Neptune’s gravity. The implication was clear: Something massive, well beyond Neptune, must have pulled Sedna into its distant orbit.

(DATA) JPL; BATYGIN AND BROWN/CALTECH; (DIAGRAM) A. CUADRA/SCIENCE

source: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/...n-solar-system
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Becky (5th February 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016), justntime2learn (5th February 2016), mojo (5th February 2016), MorningSong (9th February 2016), onawah (25th March 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

It's a lens flare.

6. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have no opinion about the photograph shown above but am stunned that people aren't talking about the clear and obvious approach of Nibiru and the system of which it is a part. Check out the videos on this site. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzg...6_jwdG3nxrW-nQ. Olson feels compelled to put his Christian religious stuff out there from time to time but putting that aside he is doing a good job of pulling together the observation data on what is clearly an approaching mini solar system. Some of the footage showing up from the International Space Station is very strong and leaves no doubt this is heading our way.

Alex Collier provided a time table at 38:45 in this interview. http://www.alexcollier.org/alex-coll...ary-10th-2016/

It's obvious this is incoming. I'm totally perplexed why no one here is talking about it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julian For This Post:

Becky (5th February 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016), justntime2learn (5th February 2016), MorningSong (9th February 2016)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)

more tom foolery?
    Yep.

That looks VERY much like a reflection to me — the photo having been taken through glass.

Any large object like that, if it really was an astronomical body, would be visible not only to the photographer, but to 7 billion other people, including you and me, and every astronomer in the world, today and tomorrow and for months to come.

These things don't just appear and disappear... they can't.
    And not to mention the massive gravitational effect of such an object so near!
    Unless it's a phased planet not quite in our vib/dimension?
    If you believe that such an effect could be so, well anything is possible?

But yes to me I see a lens flare effect!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016), justntime2learn (5th February 2016)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,558 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    It didn't "dissipate" so much as 'evaporate'; I am sure that the blotch in the picture is a drop of water.

Cheers,

Brian
    I agree. It is some sort of blip on the lense. A particle of dust or moisture. The electric cables should be clearly visible in the forefront, they are not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-05-15-38-37-400.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	32763
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (5th February 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016), justntime2learn (5th February 2016), kirolak (6th February 2016)

12. Link to Post #47
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Move along people, nothing to see here

13. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Wow in front of the clouds ... that chunk of cheese is just a few miles away ....
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

justntime2learn (5th February 2016), kirolak (6th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Hey folks!!! The power lines are "BEHIND" that thing!!!!!!

"Planet"???????? Riiiigggghhhhtt!!!!
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (6th February 2016), justntime2learn (5th February 2016), kirolak (6th February 2016), Knowrainknowrainbows! (12th February 2016), Redstar Kachina (5th February 2016)

17. Link to Post #50
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.11.16 back deck.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	606.7 KB
ID:	32821The morning was frigid. The view was stunning. Alas, I take yet another photo of my world from my back deck. Is this an object or something else? The photo was taken outdoors.

18. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,638 times in 18,693 posts

Scientists may have found "true" ninth planet

Published on 20 Jan 2016

Astronomers may have discovered evidence of an unseen planet in the farthest
    reaches of our solar system, almost 10 years after Pluto was demoted. Michael
    Lemonick is a writer for Scientific American, and joins CBSN to discuss this surprising find.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016), onawah (25th March 2016)

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

The position of the camera in comparison to the position of the sun tells me its lens glare.
    Just my .02

Ricker

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricker For This Post:

AriG (17th February 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2016)

22. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,501 times in 5,653 posts

The story made the Yahoo homepage. Is this the smoking gun for Planet X? Whatever the case it seems like a slow trickle to finally hear the truth by officials.

http://www.space.com/31670-planet-ni...discovery.html

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Cidersomerset (26th March 2016), Eram (8th April 2016)

24. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 times in 466 posts

I can't speak for others, but I can't engage in this anymore. I don't understand how anyone can come to any rational reasoning that for the past 10 years all these anomalies next to the sun aren't getting any closer or being seen by anyone of the 10's of thousands of amateur astronomers. i travel around the world literally on a monthly basis, am sitting in my Hotel in Oakland after a 10:20 flight from Shanghai (currently exhausted). I see the sun rise and set all over the hemisphere and from 45000 feet it's quite the view. I've never seen anything! And I'm always looking!
    This will probably be my last ever reply to this topic.
    No offense but just experience

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th March 2016), Jean-Marie (26th March 2016), Matthew (27th March 2016), mojo (27th March 2016), onawah (26th March 2016), Spirithorse (26th March 2016)

26. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,180 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by Chipsam (here)
    I can't speak for others, but I can't engage in this anymore. I don't understand how anyone can come to any rational reasoning that for the past 10 years all these anomalies next to the sun aren't getting any closer or being seen by anyone of the 10's of thousands of amateur astronomers. i travel around the world literally on a monthly basis, am sitting in my Hotel in Oakland after a 10:20 flight from Shanghai (currently exhausted). I see the sun rise and set all over the hemisphere and from 45000 feet it's quite the view. I've never seen anything! And I'm always looking!
    This will probably be my last ever reply to this topic.
    No offense but just experience
    Amen to that.

In case newer members don't know, Chip is a highly qualified and experienced pilot (this is his job) — he's not talking about being a passenger here. In the cockpit, while of course it's a critically important job, 90% of the time there really isn't a lot to do except sit back and monitor everything. And you're looking out of something that's pretty much like a car windshield, with an excellent (and sometimes spectacular) all-round view.

The nonsense about something close to the sun is a distraction from the more serious conversation about a possible, real planet, way out there still, that may well be an actuality. It discredits serious conversation, and discourages serious people — like Chip, who knows what he's talking about here.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bojancan (26th March 2016), Chip (26th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2016), Jean-Marie (26th March 2016), mojo (27th March 2016), nomadguy (29th March 2016), onawah (26th March 2016), Rex (26th March 2016)

28. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

.... truthfully not sure
    Last edited by regnak; 26th March 2016 at 18:13.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Chip (26th March 2016), mojo (27th March 2016)

30. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,730 times in 1,677 posts

Earth supposedly has a dark twin that shares our orbit, but it's on the opposite side of the sun and that's why we never see it. I heard it is/was catching up with us. According to Corey Goode the Sphere Beings have ships in our solar system that range from moon to Jupiter sized.

31. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Don't know about the pictures but, the plejaren say there are two more planets yet to be officially announced, one I believe has been found, leaving one more to go ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,180 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by Inversion (here)

That image comes from a secureteam10 YouTube video... not to be trusted (at all). secureteam10 has a history of posting hoaxes and inventions. mojo will confirm. That particular video (now removed by secureteam10) was one of their many fabrications:

Quote Earth supposedly has a dark twin that shares our orbit, but it's on the opposite side of the sun and that's why we never see it.
    That's astrophysically impossible.

Quote According to Corey Goode the Sphere Beings have ships in our solar system that range from moon to Jupiter sized.
    As best I recall, he referred to 100 Neptune-sized ships. (Jupiter is even bigger)

Here's the size of Neptune, with the Earth alongside it:

So (this is a rhetorical question!): How could 100 of those remain undetected?

This has already been extensively discussed:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...00-Blue-Avians

If you're sharing your thoughts (which is always welcome), please
    1. Carefully check the reliability of your sources, and also
    2. Quote the sources for your information. ('Supposedly' doesn't really cut it for research purposes. )
    THX.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

mojo (27th March 2016), onawah (27th March 2016)

34. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,501 times in 5,653 posts

Hi and unfortunately there is no need to doubt if it is real or not if the source is Tyler from the channel of Secureteam 10. To be honest that story and photo also caught my attention but saved myself any doubt when clicking the link and where it came from. Truly wish he cared for the amazing subject of UFOs.

Here's the likely reason he does it...= clickbait and ad revenue
    The top of the list=*Secureteam10: 640,000 subs
    top hoaxers of the hoax list:
    IUFOsightings: unknown subscribers
    section51: 19,000 subs
    Looknowtv: 77,000 subs
    NDestinationsUnknown: now closed and new channel IUFOsightings
    Thirdphaseofmoon: 294,000 subs
    Darkskywatcher74: 79,000 subs

Here's a well done video showing the hoaxing...

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

onawah (27th March 2016), Rex (27th May 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast