+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: Sean David Morton

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Sean David Morton

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    In your experience Bill, is this sort of personality/ego-driven agenda how usual? After reading the files I start to wonder whether the not-so-glossy, but more real stories get to surface very often at all.
    Yes, I do agree: the Shakespearean human backstories are sometimes really more interesting than all the wild claims, rumors, and invented reports (and even, sometimes, the real ones).

When I say this is 'interesting', I don't mean that glibly. That sounds all wrong, like a train wreck or a highway pileup being 'interesting'. It's hard to find the right word.

This really is Shakespearean. Good people have suffered profoundly, and now one of them is Melissa. (Who as Flash excellently stated, is no sociopath: she's just another victim... though, as sometimes happens, victims can play their own part in the rollout of what happens to them.)

These human stories are frequently under-reported, too, in all the often-superficial drama of the alternative media. This court case, which has many aspects to it and may be quite important, is being discussed almost nowhere.

It sometimes seems like we often don't really care about each other at all: we just get hooked by the drama-of-the-day headlines. Real caring and human interest is lost, amid the latest claims and hyperbole. This is all making me wonder, quite deeply, where our humanity is in the alternative community. Sometimes, it seems absent.

More and more, I don't think the alternative community has nearly as much to be proud of as it thinks it does. In the outstanding 2003 documentary The Corporation, a compelling case was made that if Corporations were people, they'd be psychopaths. Their values, attitudes, communications and actions check all the psychopathic boxes.

The alternative media, if it were a person, might be a narcissist with ADD, probably somewhere on the Asperger's spectrum. I mean that seriously... think about it.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 15th April 2017 at 14:40.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

7alon (16th April 2017), Andrew_K (15th April 2017), araucaria (15th April 2017), Atlas (12th June 2017), Billy (16th April 2017), Bluegreen (15th April 2017), BMJ (16th April 2017), Carmody (28th May 2017), catzone (20th June 2017), Charles Harris (16th April 2017), Flash (15th April 2017), fourty-two (12th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Hervé (15th April 2017), Ivanhoe (20th June 2017), Mike (15th April 2017), Nasu (15th April 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017), Reinhard (20th June 2017), RunningDeer (15th April 2017), sandy (16th April 2017), Shannon (15th April 2017), Sierra (15th April 2017), Tintin (29th August 2017), Ultima Thule (15th April 2017), wisky (16th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

....I might add megalomania to that list too Bill and great post btw. So true.

All the worst of it was on display in that article about the cruise event (with Sean and co). That was sort of like catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror after gaining 20lbs and not recognizing yourself initially....only to realize in a moment or 2, yep...thats me.

Yes, in many ways we're not too different than the mainstream....we've just shifted all our dysfunctional focus onto different subject matter.

Part of the problem might be the way we communicate. This forum is a wonderful place for so many reasons, but one of the drawbacks is the lack of reality resulting from an exclusively text style dialogue. People say things they would never say in person. You dont get to see how those words affect others. Something is lost there. It becomes intellectual sport. I think we slowly lose empathy. I know im guilty of this. It's different when youre dealing with real people as opposed to avatars or just a username...which seems blurry and abstract at times.

It's important to engage the world. I think the majority of folks involved in this material are shut ins. Im sort of a homebody too. And its totally understandable..especially in light of everything you discover in places like avalon. But too much isolation blurs the lines of fantasy and reality....and again, I think empathy is lost. You cant help but lose it when youre not interacting with people in face to face situations.

So with this loss of awareness and empathy, we slowly atrophy into what Bill described above. We are only interested in the latest drama, the latest disaster....with no regard for the feelings of the people involved.

However, when I see things like the thread and donations for Kerrie, im encouraged! I know there are some wonderful people in the alt media. And that gives me hope..

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

araucaria (28th May 2017), Bill Ryan (15th April 2017), Billy (16th April 2017), Bluegreen (15th April 2017), BMJ (16th April 2017), Flash (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Hervé (15th April 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th June 2017), Nasu (17th August 2017), onawah (3rd July 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017), Reinhard (20th June 2017), RunningDeer (15th April 2017), Shannon (15th April 2017), Sierra (15th April 2017), Ultima Thule (16th April 2017), Wind (1st June 2017)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ...More and more, I don't think the alternative community has nearly as much to be proud of as it thinks it does. In the outstanding 2003 documentary The Corporation, a compelling case was made that if Corporations were people, they'd be psychopaths. Their values, attitudes, communications and actions check all the psychopathic boxes.

The alternative media, if it were a person, might be a narcissist with ADD, probably somewhere on the Asperger's spectrum. I mean that seriously... think about it.
    In case it's blocked where you are, here's another video.

SUMMARY
    A profile of the modern corporation theorizes that businesses are essentially pathological in nature and place profits above accountability, citing the flaws of such practices as deregulation and privatization.
    The Corporation - Official Trailer

The Corporation - Full Movie (Documentary)

Last edited by RunningDeer; 15th April 2017 at 16:18.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th April 2017), BMJ (16th April 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2017), Hervé (15th April 2017), JRS (16th April 2017), Mike (15th April 2017), Reinhard (20th June 2017), Shannon (15th April 2017), Sierra (15th April 2017), Ultima Thule (16th April 2017)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    In your experience Bill, is this sort of personality/ego-driven agenda how usual? After reading the files I start to wonder whether the not-so-glossy, but more real stories get to surface very often at all.
    Yes, I do agree: the Shakespearean human backstories are sometimes really more interesting than all the wild claims, rumors, and invented reports (and even, sometimes, the real ones).

When I say this is 'interesting', I don't mean that glibly. That sounds all wrong, like a train wreck or a highway pileup being 'interesting'. It's hard to find the right word.

This really is Shakespearean. Good people have suffered profoundly, and now one of them is Melissa. (Who as Flash excellently stated, is no sociopath: she's just another victim... though, as sometimes happens, victims can play their own part in the rollout of what happens to them.)

These human stories are frequently under-reported, too, in all the often-superficial drama of the alternative media. This court case, which has many aspects to it and may be quite important, is being discussed almost nowhere.

It sometimes seems like we often don't really care about each other at all: we just get hooked by the drama-of-the-day headlines. Real caring and human interest is lost, amid the latest claims and hyperbole. This is all making me wonder, quite deeply, where our humanity is in the alternative community. Sometimes, it seems absent.

More and more, I don't think the alternative community has nearly as much to be proud of as it thinks it does. In the outstanding 2003 documentary The Corporation, a compelling case was made that if Corporations were people, they'd be psychopaths. Their values, attitudes, communications and actions check all the psychopathic boxes.

I see what you mean when you talk about the corporation documentary. Painting all corporations as one is a very ignorant thing to do. There are too many shades of grey in this world to think in this manner.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th April 2017), RunningDeer (16th April 2017), Ultima Thule (16th April 2017)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

There is a Go Fund Me page up now for Melissa Morton at:
    https://www.gofundme.com/helpseanandmelissa
    It says:
    Quote As you know, Strange Universe Radio and Revolution Radio prides itself on its vision, its integrity and, of course, helping those in dire need.

We are now in the position of those we have helped through out the years.

On April 7, 2017, my wife, Melissa, suffered a stroke and paramedics took her to the ICU at Good Samaritan Hospital. She was not breathing when she got there and was clinically dead for several minutes. They performed CPR and intubated her with a tube down her throat. She was in a coma for two days. She now has a fluttering left eye and paralysis down the left side of her body. Inflamed expanding and exploding arachnoid cysts in her brain, which we are hoping will subside and bring her back to normal, caused this.

We are in desperate need of funds for Melissa's medical care since she hasn't been able to work and lost both her jobs (she has worked 2 jobs, 7 days a week for many years) .

We pray to our ANGELS OUT THERE, here on EARTH and THROUGH OUT THE UNIVERSE, to come to our RESCUE and together, as ONE, help us MANIFEST funds to pay all these expenses and get us through this dark valley of death. Together we can strike a BLOW for FREEDOM AND JUSTICE that will ring out AROUND THE WORLD!

We LOVE YOU! WE BLESS YOU! WE THANK YOU!

Dr. Sean Morton, PhD.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th April 2017), Jean-Marie (26th April 2017), Nasu (17th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Yesterday, the US Attorney General recommended an 87 month (7 years, 3 months) prison term for Sean David Morton. In theory, the guidelines permit a sentence of 121 months (10 years) or even more.

He'll be formally sentenced on 19 June, when the judge, having considered the recommendation, announces his own judgment.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (12th June 2017), avid (28th May 2017), BMJ (28th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th May 2017), mojo (12th June 2017), Nasu (20th June 2017), Spellbound (28th May 2017), Star Tsar (12th June 2017)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    ....I might add megalomania to that list too Bill and great post btw. So true.

All the worst of it was on display in that article about the cruise event (with Sean and co). That was sort of like catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror after gaining 20lbs and not recognizing yourself initially....only to realize in a moment or 2, yep...thats me.

Yes, in many ways we're not too different than the mainstream....we've just shifted all our dysfunctional focus onto different subject matter.

Part of the problem might be the way we communicate. This forum is a wonderful place for so many reasons, but one of the drawbacks is the lack of reality resulting from an exclusively text style dialogue. People say things they would never say in person. You dont get to see how those words affect others. Something is lost there. It becomes intellectual sport. I think we slowly lose empathy. I know im guilty of this. It's different when youre dealing with real people as opposed to avatars or just a username...which seems blurry and abstract at times.

It's important to engage the world. I think the majority of folks involved in this material are shut ins. Im sort of a homebody too. And its totally understandable..especially in light of everything you discover in places like avalon. But too much isolation blurs the lines of fantasy and reality....and again, I think empathy is lost. You cant help but lose it when youre not interacting with people in face to face situations.

So with this loss of awareness and empathy, we slowly atrophy into what Bill described above. We are only interested in the latest drama, the latest disaster....with no regard for the feelings of the people involved.

However, when I see things like the thread and donations for Kerrie, im encouraged! I know there are some wonderful people in the alt media. And that gives me hope..
    This is all very true, Mike; but we are all writers here, and no one would make such criticisms against their favourite authors. The very best writers can even afford the luxury of being long dead, so if there is no problem for them, maybe the problem for us is to do with a need to hone our writing skills. I have been thinking of starting a thread for that very purpose: you might like to do so yourself.

Writing (thinking in general) is like an onion, composed of layer upon layer where many perhaps only see the outer layer. We tend to think more about what to write than how to write it. The problem is that thinking is a more abstract (hence difficult) operation than doing, and yet we regard learning technique as the hard, boring part we think we can skip. At the next layer, we tend to think more about how to write in the abstract terms of handling concepts rather than about how to write in the concrete terms of aligning words and phrases. And so it goes on. We keep losing sight of writing as a physical experience in grounding and as the material connection that links forum members working together in a very concrete way. Empathy is the concrete connection we lose, and the latest drama is the total abstraction that takes its place.

Likewise the problem you rightly raise has two kinds of solution, one abstract, the other very real. You could suggest that Avalonians need to get together, physically meet at conferences and so on: not going to happen any time soon, and in any case it skirts the issue of everyday interaction via the forum. The alternative is the effort in the direction I have just outlined: what we can do here and now and every day is develop the quality of our posting so as to improve the way we mesh together, with better traction cog against cog. Hence the first thing people need to realize is that the ‘writer’ is not some abstract notion of great men out there, the Shakespeares and Tolstoys and published authors. A ‘writer’ for the forum poster is the ultimate reality: him or herself taking what they do seriously, i.e. as something totally worthwhile in itself, rewarding to self and helpful to others. This is what we are here to do, and it is how we get from looking up to others to looking upon others as their equal – through total commitment to the seemingly insignificant thing at hand.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

avid (1st June 2017), BMJ (28th May 2017), Chester (28th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th May 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th June 2017), Mike (28th May 2017), mojo (12th June 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017), section9 (12th June 2017), Wind (1st June 2017)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Hi araucaria... I know I could benefit from such honing, kindly Sam
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

araucaria (1st June 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th May 2017), mojo (12th June 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,417 times in 5,645 posts

A new upload with Kerry talking with Sean...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Atlas (12th June 2017), Bill Ryan (12th June 2017), PathWalker (12th June 2017), Reinhard (20th June 2017), section9 (12th June 2017)

19. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member section9's Avatar
    Thanks

I listened to the whole thing. It was actually quite good, but I can't for the life of me square the Sean David Morton I see on the video with Kerry being the same guy who lost Kerry's inheritance.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to section9 For This Post:

Atlas (12th June 2017), Bill Ryan (12th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th June 2017), mojo (12th June 2017)

21. Link to Post #71
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

@15:22 Sean mentions the kaaba, here is what it looks like inside:

Inside Kaaba Makkah 2015:

inside kaaba 360:
    Last edited by Atlas; 12th June 2017 at 21:42.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (13th June 2017), Nasu (29th June 2017)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Hi araucaria... I know I could benefit from such honing, kindly Sam
    Thank you for your support, kind Sam. This response seems to be about two weeks old; I had intended added something to it; no matter, the follow-up is here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1158103

The beauty of what I am proposing is that we can all benefit both individually and collectively. The difference between a practised carpenter and a beginner is that the latter may find his piece of pine is as tough as oak; the other will know his chisel is blunt. It may appear that it never gets blunt, but that is only because he keeps sharpening it. Over time, it may seem to get even sharper, but only from the standpoint of one who is not doing the maintenance work. The same holds for writing, and even speaking, which we tend to take for granted as being something entirely natural. It is indeed natural, but not entirely so. Over time, it may seem that glib speakers are getting even glibber: either we are not keeping up/getting left behind, or the speaker is not biting the way he should be. Regarding the latter, Sean David Morton seems to be a case in point. To use the mot du jour, he is quite a bafflegab. Regarding the former, the danger is that those with the gift of the gab are leaving people behind. If they are not doing it deliberately, then they need reminding to do better. You, Sam, write eloquently and yet don’t need reminding that all of us can and need to do better.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (13th June 2017), Innocent Warrior (16th June 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017), Tintin (29th August 2017)

25. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Atlas, I was amazed to see INSIDE the Kaaba! Excellent find!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Atlas (13th June 2017), Nasu (29th June 2017)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

Quote Posted by section9 (here)
    I listened to the whole thing. It was actually quite good, but I can't for the life of me square the Sean David Morton I see on the video with Kerry being the same guy who lost Kerry's inheritance.
    Sean is glib to an off-the-charts extreme. It'd have been smart of Kerry to have asked Sean how come if he'd received a sizeable IRS refund against the $6 million investors' funds that he lost, he never shared any of that with her and the other investors — who never received literally a single cent.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (13th June 2017), araucaria (13th June 2017), Atlas (13th June 2017), Chester (20th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th June 2017), HaveBlue (19th August 2017), mojo (13th June 2017), Nasu (20th June 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017), section9 (15th June 2017), silverchimes (20th June 2017), Spellbound (20th June 2017), Star Tsar (20th June 2017), thunder24 (20th June 2017)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Sean was to appear in a Los Angeles, California federal court today at 11.00 (PST), but failed to show up for sentencing.

A source within the United States Attorney General's office confirmed a federal warrant has been issued for his arrest.

His current whereabouts are unknown.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (20th June 2017), avid (20th June 2017), Chester (20th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2017), Inversion (21st June 2017), Maunagarjana (20th June 2017), Nasu (20th June 2017), silverchimes (20th June 2017), Spellbound (20th June 2017), Star Tsar (20th June 2017)

31. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

This was posted yesterday on youtube

Sean David Morton Tells All
    High Strangeness
    Published on Jun 28, 2017
    Sean David Morton gives his side of the story about his court case before disappearing after a warrant is issued for his arrest.
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th June 2017), Chester (29th June 2017), drneglector (5th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), Inversion (30th June 2017), Nasu (29th June 2017), Sophocles (29th June 2017)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Sean David Morton Tells All
    High Strangeness
    Published on Jun 28, 2017
    Sean David Morton gives his side of the story about his court case before disappearing after a warrant is issued for his arrest.
    That's interesting. Anyone whose job it was to track him down would be quite entitled to hold the two interviewers (Sean Paul Ross and Caroline Hill, a new YouTube channel called 'High Strangeness') — and question them.

But they do say, in their intro, that this was recorded (although not edited or released) BEFORE his arrest warrant was issued, which was during post-production. That's 10 days ago now, when Sean failed to turn up at court for sentencing. Basically, Sean is currently on the run, whereabouts unknown.

More can be found here:
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 30th June 2017 at 00:39.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chester (29th June 2017), drneglector (5th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), Gracy (30th June 2017), Inversion (30th June 2017), Nasu (29th June 2017), onawah (30th June 2017), Sophocles (29th June 2017)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 times in 784 posts

This has hit "mainstream" media outlets now. I have always been very uncomfortable with "freeman on the land" "common law" and "natural law" legal maneuverings. They tend not to work out very well.

A federal judge issued a bench warrant Monday for a self-proclaimed psychic from Hermosa Beach who skipped his scheduled sentencing hearing in a tax fraud case.
    Sean David Morton, 58, and his wife were convicted in April of multiple counts of conspiring to defraud the Internal Revenue Service by passing bogus checks and bonds. As a result of the scheme, the IRS erroneously issued a refund of $480,323 to the couple.
    Prosecutors were expected to recommend a prison sentence of more than seven years. When Morton -- who is representing himself -- failed to appear, U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson issued the arrest warrant "forthwith."
    A sentencing date in Los Angeles federal court for Morton's 50-year-old wife has not been scheduled.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...429501483.html

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th July 2017), fourty-two (5th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th July 2017), Nasu (5th July 2017), pabranno (5th July 2017), Spellbound (5th July 2017)

37. Link to Post #79
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Just wanted to let those who are interested know that Kerry has a scheduled live-stream with David today @ 1pm Pacific / 21:00 UK time

https://projectcamelotportal.com/201...ve-on-my-show/

Video link will work @ the scheduled time.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

PathWalker (18th August 2017)

39. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,417 times in 5,645 posts

Im not sure why anyone would want to hear Sean or why would anyone want to give him airtime? Can anyone help me to understand, it's a little confusing as to giving him attention? Isnt Sean wrong for doing what he did ie stealing peoples money and now on the run?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th August 2017), Nasu (17th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast