+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ancestry DNA.com

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,519 times in 5,655 posts

Default Ancestry DNA.com

There's a big push these days to discover your ancestry. People can send their DNA to Ancestry.com and they will tell you your roots. Its seems harmless on the surface but if there is a database it might be subject to letting the Government know someones DNA. For example maybe they are looking for a criminal and have a name that they want to compare DNA with. Not sure how I feel about the gov tapping into this database? It reminds me of the recent Iphone that the gov wants Apple to tap into ie a backdoor...I dont trust the gov these days...

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th February 2016), Curlew (20th February 2016), Holly Lindin (26th June 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th February 2016), JoePiscapo (27th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (24th July 2022), Maia Gabrial (21st February 2016), Matthew (19th February 2016), Mercedes (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022), raregem (19th February 2016), Shannon (19th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Ancestry DNA.com

wow decided to try a search and found this... start at 7 minutes into the video

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th February 2016), kirolak (19th February 2016), Maia Gabrial (21st February 2016), Mercedes (19th February 2016), raregem (19th February 2016), Shannon (19th February 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

amazing there are literally thousands of posts ( search results) on Youtube with people posting ancestry DNA results...this tells how popular it is...Question: Would you send in your DNA to test?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th February 2016), Mercedes (19th February 2016), Shannon (19th February 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member letspaly's Avatar
    Thanks

i know, you can see them in google images as well. i have not but im ashamed that we can not benefit from this great tech.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to letspaly For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th February 2016), Mercedes (19th February 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Shannon (19th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

They want your genealogy and DNA, and we are making their job so easy.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th February 2016), Maia Gabrial (21st February 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022), Shannon (19th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

No I wouldn't send my dna to anyone or any government agency or private corporation. no way.

I've felt the same way about ancestry.com too, mojo. Like Mercedes said, we are giving ourselves up, they don't have too much work to do.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

East Sun (19th February 2016), Holly Lindin (26th June 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th February 2016), Mercedes (19th February 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Yep, agree with all the above, if there's a DNA bank anywhere the government will get their hands on it, best not to make it easier than it already is for them.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 19th February 2016 at 10:59.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Mercedes (19th February 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022), Shannon (19th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I came across the topic like 2 years ago - my guilty pleasure was watching 'Americas next top model' where it was introduced and promoted.
    Even though its 'guilty pleasure' - its also a bit 'field work' regarding various topics. Not only 'models' but also realizing the huge business attached and behind - which for 'breaking down people' is already enormous but who is how involved.
    Its not 'only model industry', including 'fashion, cosmetics' for either the bored rich or the 'dumb average' (guess I for instance) but A LOT more, even good stuff like natural, green, environment friendly, healthy, new (tech, products, services ALL OVER THE PLACE).

So they promoted it - and even though I am interested in ancestry and would have LOVED to get to know more: the promotion and push seemed 'odd' (rather sneaky given the audience).
    There also is a TV-series about DNA/ancestry 'The DNA-Detective' - which even found connections to places and persons (ancestors and living relatives). I am not sure if they searched databases for those connections - which isn't a fast process and maybe not even worth the effort to create 'entertainment'. So I guess there are some conclusions or cross checking possible based on DNA.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunpaw For This Post:

Mercedes (19th February 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022), Shannon (19th February 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

One thing I like to imagine is ordinary people in the poverty tent finding out they're related to the Rockefellers or Morgan's (pick any blue blood elite) and getting a lawsuit going for some unknown misdeed back in family history and getting that old money spread out.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

mojo (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    amazing there are literally thousands of posts ( search results) on Youtube with people posting ancestry DNA results...this tells how popular it is...Question: Would you send in your DNA to test?
    NO. NO WAY ! This has red flags all over it for me. We have a government /corporations who have shown they will be as nefarious as they want to be AND GET AWAY WITH IT! OH but wait...I forgot it's for the children ...........................

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Holly Lindin (26th June 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), pabranno (24th July 2022), Shannon (19th February 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Quote Posted by letspaly (here)
    i know, you can see them in google images as well. i have not but im ashamed that we can not benefit from this great tech.
    Please NO SHAME REQUIRED. It is set up this way by those who use fear and feel fear (without acknowledging their fear).
    We are doing what we can now by becoming aware or "awakened". We do need to be very careful with our thoughts so as to bring the vibration level up not sideways and down. You have your feeling of shame... now what is the opposite of that? Can this be the focus. The shame is theirs.. not yours, dear letsplay.
    It would be awesome to truly link our bloodlines yet, this is not safe to me using ancestry.com and the like. I have an interest in RH neg blood types.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Holly Lindin (26th June 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Shannon (19th February 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Massive cloning and replacement?
    Hmm... not too far fetched if they do a massive mind control program?
    IDK.. I put nothing off their to do list.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Holly Lindin (26th June 2016), Matthew (19th February 2016), mojo (19th February 2016), Shannon (19th February 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 times in 173 posts

Here in Brasil and Latin America there is currently a big push to use the services of Ancestry.com to know if you descend from the jewish that were expelled from Portugal or Spain 500 years ago. Portugal and Spain is giving citizenship if we can prove we descend from jewish ancestor from that time.

I was thinking about something more sinister, they could be harvesting for organs.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prc For This Post:

mojo (19th February 2016), muxfolder (24th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022), Shannon (19th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by prc (here)
    Here in Brasil and Latin America there is currently a big push to use the services of Ancestry.com to know if you descend from the jewish that were expelled from Portugal or Spain 500 years ago. Portugal and Spain is giving citizenship if we can prove we descend from jewish ancestor from that time.

I was thinking about something more sinister, they could be harvesting for organs.
    Interesting. Wow.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

mojo (19th February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

I wouldn't comply with the census here in Canada a few years ago............they threatened and harassed me but eventually left me alone........~~~~~ so I guess you can figure out that my answer would be a definite NO!!
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Holly Lindin (26th June 2016), mojo (20th February 2016), seah (21st February 2016), Shannon (20th February 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Ancestry and most of the other genealogical research sites are owned by the Mormans. It is my understanding (and I will try to document it if I can find it) that the Mormans, like many religious groups, feel that they are the “people of the promise”, and that they have a “mission” to conserve all human ancestral records (maybe to keep up with who's who?).

The following link shows what members of the Morman faith believe that mission is for: after-death sacriments for their non-Morman ancestors:

Quote We take our ancestors' names to our temples and act as proxies to provide the Savior's ordinances for them so all of us can be sealed together as an unbroken chain. Those people who are dead in the flesh but whose spirits live in heaven can accept or reject these ordinances. They can choose to become members of Christ's church or not. By completing these sacred ordinances no one is forcing them to do anything, but are merely providing a choice and an opportunity to live with their families forever.
    https://www.mormon.org/stories/purpo...family-history

A strange thing I found is this report that tells about the Mormans converting dead Jewish Holocaust victims by these rituals (I have no idea if this is true):

Quote During the 1990s, an overzealous group of Mormons started the practice of baptizing a total of 380,000 Jewish people – drawn from names of victims that had died during the Holocaust.
    The action made it into the media, and the public outrage forced the Church to remove the names of all Holocaust victims and survivors from the LDS Church archival records – and assured the public that the posthumous baptism of those Jews would not take place unless those Jews were the ancestor of a modern Mormon and had that family member’s permission.
    http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2012...logy-database/

It is undeniable that the info the Mormans collect, now with the help of thousands of people, non-Mormans, donating their own geneolgical research on their various sites, and store that info in underground bunkers:

https://familysearch.org/blog/en/mor...ountain-vault/

Remember that genealogy was/is very important for Jews, as well, who are very proud of their tribal connections which may even designate occupational privileges to certain tribes (think of the Levi/Cohen/Cahn/Kuhn/etc as the priestly tribe, descendants of Aaron, Moses' brother).

I feel that the Mormans' embracing of the DNA research enhances their knowledge of who is who (or maybe better, who's what). Just how our government is involved with the use of that info, we can all postulate.

For more info from the Mormans on their DNA Project:

http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/
    Last edited by MorningSong; 20th February 2016 at 11:36.
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

mojo (20th February 2016), Shannon (20th February 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 times in 321 posts

Completely nefarious in my opinion, under a seemingly benign guise. More of this type of collecting info is bound to pop up. Catching criminals is by far the least of the reasons. I'm sure there's ppl who's job is to read through forum threads for compiling lists of this sort.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

mojo (21st February 2016), Nasu (24th July 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

You might imagine how happy the gov is that Ancestry.com is doing all the work for them. I will bet dollars to donuts that when signing up for Ancestry that the fine print has a clause to share your DNA results...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Nasu (24th July 2022)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Had a very strong suspicion about these testing sites.... it's also a way to search for unusual DNA in possible human hybrids.

Intelligence Committee members warn US of bioweapons targeting DNA of individual Americans

https://www.foxnews.com/us/intellige...dual-americans

Quote A member of the House Intelligence Committee warned Americans to stay away from DNA testing services as the information could be used to develop bioweapons targeting specific groups of Americans or even individuals.

Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo., made the comments during an appearance at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado on Friday, saying many Americans are far too willing to give up their DNA information to private companies.

"You can't have a discussion about this without talking about privacy and the protection of commercial data because expectations of privacy have degraded over the last 20 years," Crow said "Young folks actually have very little expectation of privacy, that's what the polling and the data show."

"People will very rapidly spit into a cup and send it to 23andMe and get really interesting data about their background," he added.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (24th July 2022), muxfolder (28th July 2022), Nasu (24th July 2022), pabranno (24th July 2022), Sue (Ayt) (24th July 2022), Vicus (24th July 2022)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 times in 320 posts

Great bump.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (24th July 2022), mojo (24th July 2022)

+ Reply to Thread