+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 10 18 LastLast

Thread: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

1. Link to Post #181
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Default Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

I don't want to bash Simon but what I see is people coming to his aid and making excuses for him. Why? We all have a shadow side all of us and Simon does also, could it be that we are seeing it in his counseling style?.
    He may help many people with his views, this thread does not take that away but when people can't seem to entertain the fact that Simon may not be "I am a good person just helping the planet" and so on that their may be other things going on, and they do not have to be nefarious.
    When he was asking people to join his group for spiritual purposes, fine no problem but if those same people get gang stalked or now are being messed with, I am not saying that is the case, but if that stuff starts getting reported we all need to get out of our denial about what is going on. I have made many statements about this topic, I have the right to change my mind at any time. I may change my mind about this next week or in the next minute, this is the times we are in. I will not marry myself to a view of a person and then do anything not to change it.
    We all know that spiritual teachers sometimes are shorefronts for three letter agencies, we know that and some of these individuals don't even consciously know it themselves. They may believe everything they say.

You never tell someone something they are not ready to hear even if it is true. He is not able to read what this person is not going to understand or not. It takes time talking to the person to find out what they want to know. Upsetting information out of left field can be damaging and the person is not able to intergrate it into their daily lives, too upsetting to shocking. But the appointment thing is also a read flag.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 30th June 2016 at 23:31.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Bibi (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Daozen (1st July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

3. Link to Post #182
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ... please.

The topic of this thread, started by Alberto e Daniela, is how Simon Parkes handles himself in counseling sessions, and how he manages the scheduling and booking of those sessions, with paid clients. That's all.

It potentially affects quite a lot of people who may be at their most vulnerable.

The thread contains specific experiences, that are problematic and concerning, reported by known, real, people, who are forum members. This isn't casual, malevolent, irresponsible innuendo or rumor.

I've been sent a recording of one session, and it's a horror story. Any certified counselor would be banned for life — with no risk of exaggeration — if a formal complaint was made to the certificating authority. In this case, nothing can be done, as Simon isn't qualified or certified.

Of course, I can't and won't share that publicly or privately. It's a little silly, if I may gently say, to ask for that to be posted as 'evidence'. It's for those concerned, and only for those concerned, to share those recordings if they wish or choose. But the session recordings all exist.

This isn't untrue, invented, any kind of a 'smear' or 'attack', or a false malevolent rumor. It is what it is, nothing more or less, and it's merely pretty awful stuff that breaches any counselor's code one might ever conceive of.
    I think Bill is very specific in this post and it relates to what he heard on the recording.

Bill is not prone to exaggeration

The last paragraph copied here sums it up

"This isn't untrue, invented, any kind of a 'smear' or 'attack', or a false malevolent rumor. It is what it is, nothing more or less, and it's merely pretty awful stuff that breaches any counselor's code one might ever conceive of."

Please think not of Simon and his information--the end does not justify the means--think rather of the people who have stated on this thread what happened on visiting Simon for counseling.

If this happened to you or one of your family how would you feel?

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 30th June 2016 at 20:19.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (30th June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Bibi (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), Foxie Loxie (30th June 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), ThePythonicCow (6th July 2016), Ultima Thule (2nd July 2016), Wind (30th June 2016)

5. Link to Post #183
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Mike,

It's hardly fair to compare Bill Ryan with Simon Parkes, in any way. It is one thing to make honest mistakes. It is another to lie and abuse people, particularly within the context of 'therapy,' licensed or not. These are moral failings.

It reminds me of the Catholic Church, the same church with such a fanatical narrow angle focus on 'sin,' defaulting to the 'they made mistakes,' excuse, (with regards child abuse) instead of using their own paradigm. The priests were sinful evil wicked.

Simon Parkes, is likely making everything up....all of it, so that he can pose as an expert and 'heal' people and make lots of money doing it. I would wager that the reason he isn't terribly concerned about treating some people terribly is a matter of money.

He has a large enough client base, now, he can afford to be a bit sloppy. Maintenance of a facade is very energy draining and the personality disordered are typically caught out when they relax and let the mask drop.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Siren Master (1st July 2016)

7. Link to Post #184
    Ecuador Avalon Member Alberto e Daniela's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

I also noted that he would combine really terrifying information with over the top flattery.
    Just to confirm, the same menu was served to us.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Alberto e Daniela For This Post:

Agape (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), Daozen (1st July 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), sunwings (1st July 2016)

9. Link to Post #185
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Mike,

It's hardly fair to compare Bill Ryan with Simon Parkes, in any way. It is one thing to make honest mistakes. It is another to lie and abuse people, particularly within the context of 'therapy,' licensed or not. These are moral failings.

It reminds me of the Catholic Church, the same church with such a fanatical narrow angle focus on 'sin,' defaulting to the 'they made mistakes,' excuse, (with regards child abuse) instead of using their own paradigm. The priests were sinful evil wicked.

Simon Parkes, is likely making everything up....all of it, so that he can pose as an expert and 'heal' people and make lots of money doing it. I would wager that the reason he isn't terribly concerned about treating some people terribly is a matter of money.

He has a large enough client base, now, he can afford to be a bit sloppy. Maintenance of a facade is very energy draining and the personality disordered are typically caught out when they relax and let the mask drop.
    You make some very good points, autumn, and clearly there are concerns about the proof and witnesses to his shoddy counseling/ therapy/ soul reading/ deprogramming, yet no concerns about his shoddy mummy mantis and other fantasic tales. Why is proof so nessecary for one but not the other? Don't ask me....lol.

I would need some real proof of being involved in such dark programs from my deprogrammer..how they learned, lived, escaped, yadda yadda.
    Last edited by Shannon; 30th June 2016 at 22:04.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Agape (30th June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), Pam (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016)

11. Link to Post #186
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,308 times in 5,692 posts

Mike,

Maybe Simon's mistakes are honest ones. Have you considered that? The comparison to Bill was a pretty loose one, designed only to provide another dimension to the debate...another way of thinking about it.

I'm not here to defend Simon at all costs or anything like that. In fact, I disagree with him more than I agree with him. I just saw an opportunity for a different angle, and took it.

Simon has a large client base? Well, he must be helping somebody. Me, I'd like to hear from those somebody's. Thats all i'm basically saying.
    Last edited by Mike; 30th June 2016 at 22:16.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Agape (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), onawah (30th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016)

13. Link to Post #187
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Quote Posted by Alberto e Daniela (here)

I also noted that he would combine really terrifying information with over the top flattery.
    Just to confirm, the same menu was served to us.

Ok. Could you please confirm if that's alright to ask , what was he saying , in gist ? Did you feel like he wants you to believe him ?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

AutumnW (1st July 2016), Daozen (1st July 2016), onawah (30th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016)

15. Link to Post #188
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Flash, a currently retired member of Avalon, sent me the following report on her interactions with Simon Parkes, with her permission for me to post it if I thought it worth posting.

The moderators and myself easily decided that it was well worth posting here.

Flash introduced her report to me saying:

Quote Posted by Flash
    I prepared what I think is a balanced report of what I saw and lived while under Simon’s spell – yes, it may seems like a spell, but we can awaken from it.

If you want to post it, go and do it, saying it is from Flash, if you think it is not worth it, then do as you wish, it is up to you.
    Here is the text of Flash's report included as an attachment in her email:

==========
    I read all the posts about Simon in this thread. And plus, Onawah did
    mention me and daughter, regarding Simon. I was not going to send any
    post, but since we were mentioned, here It is.

To me, there is many zones of grey in his approach. However, I do not
    perceive his intentions as bad, in fact they are not usually. Only may be
    misguided at times.

I had extensive experience with Simon approaches and support. I am one of
    the first one who had contacted him for help, being in dire circumstances at
    the time. I must say that his support has been scattered over one year and
    half, and even more for my daughter. She was in a very bad part of her
    teenagerhood.

Having had neurological impairment making her academic learning and
    communication skills quite arduous, she had to work four times more than
    others throughout. Plus, her mom, me, had put her on a curative path for at
    least twelve years prior to hitting sixteen, with overstimulation and exercises
    and diets and name it, from physiotherapies to speech therapies to dolphin
    therapies to situational therapies to private singing lessons (to learn to
    speak) to private piano lessons (for fine motor skills) to artistic skating (for
    motor coordination), to tutoring ... name it, and more -- very costly
    psychologically and demanding for her -- all in the hope of creating new
    synaptic and neurological pathways to correct her impairments.

Well it worked, she is now basically fine, BUT, it took a toll on her and she did
    not want to live anymore when she got to be sixteen.

I wrote to Simon at the time and he offered FREE support, since she was
    having her dying spells at night, he made her promise to e-mail him when a
    spell would come so that he would contact her on skype to speak to her. The
    difference in time (America vs England) made wonders, my night was his
    early morning. I could finally sleep at night for five hours since he took care
    of her.

Of course, he took care of her in his own ways, meaning telling us that she
    had been programmed by the cabal to be a "butterfly" monarch slave,
    with a wolfe program that had suicide triggers included,, etc etc, that we both
    were Lyrans and Pleiadians, that the reptiles would try to stop us at any price,
    the whole shehanigan. To tell the truth, my basic trust was not great, but
    hey, I needed help. So I read every single thing I could find on Dracos,
    Mantids, Satanic programs, etc etc. A real speed studying with complex
    topics, within a few months.

Simon had told us, much in advance, that he would be around only for a
    while, like a year or so and that later we would have to handle life by
    ourselves, he would basically get out of our lifes, want it or not. Which he did.

My daughter and I went to meet him 6 months after the first contact (lollll),
    my daughter being still fragile. I thought it would make her some good. And it
    did. Simon did nothing wrong, but.. I was present at all times with her, and we
    were both protected with high energy spiritual friends (which I did not know
    when there, they told me later).

Therefore, we bought into the Dracos, Mantids and Satanic programming
    things for a while. In it, he father was demonised as being satanic (not hard
    for me to believe), but we never acted on it, so no damages there. And does
    it matter?

Not truly, I think. We needed to hear something that would justify the misery
    we were both in at the time.

And yes, we were both fragile and in needs.

Later, Simon still kept in touch with her when she got a very bad boyfriend,
    so that she would not get away with him. Of course, going deeper in the
    Dracos/Mantids related talks and presumed programs and deprogrammation
    of both the boyfriend and my daughter going on, through skype.

Now, was Simon a therapist. No, he never said he was. He only thought he
    could help with cabal's programming having been given the keys for
    deprogramming by the King Dracos himself, so he said. I am pretty sure
    Simon is sincere when he says this. I am sure it is right, of course not. Is it
    delusional? Well, who am I to say?

Did it damage me or my daughter? No, I do not think so, in the long run.
    Why? Because we both, daughter and I, decided that we did not want to know
    anything about anything related to dracos and mantids, that the stories about
    them be true or not, did not matter, we both independently from each other
    decided to throw them out of our life. They were firmly out of our life. And I
    must say That Simon helped into this, telling us to sustain our own strong
    energies and not to bend to anything reptilian or reptilian looking in terms of
    behavior.

Now, Simon is disorganised, does not answer e-mails lots of time, misses his
    skype appointments many times, and makes us feel bad and aggravated at
    times. In fact, if there is no danger in his own views, he does not respond to
    our queries when he judges it is useless and nobody, but nobody will ever
    make him do things he does not want to. Is he a loving being -- not sure, I did
    not feel the love (I did not feel hate either), but I felt an absence of love,
    which for a human being can be somewhat difficult. And this is my private
    feelings, they may have been sidetracked by what I was living at the time.

However I absolutely surely felt and saw his caring, and yet more towards my
    daughter.

In fact, it is difficult to believe that he would not have any reptilian
    tendencies, or mantids since we are at it, because he does behave like the
    descriptions we have of them at times (somewhat cold but caring for those
    under their wing, definitely very strong second chakra energies that can be
    felt by any woman, but always respectful of someone's refusal and all, etc.).
    He was always respectful even if sometimes a bit "rude" in his language,
    naming things as he saw them and he does not behave as we expect he
    should, which is certainly aggravating at times.

Now, was there anything bizarre or strange events that went on related to
    him. Yes there were. The story he tells in some of this speeches of the young
    guy who had picked a flower in his garden and the police arresting him and
    coming into Simon's house, most probably to check on whom was there, is
    entirely true, I was there as a witness and it was rather weird. The feeling of
    being with someone who definitely do not think like us was very strong. I did
    not feel that he was spiritually quite awaken however. The description of the
    way reptilians groan, click or walk or stand in different situations was quite
    exhaustive. And I saw it later on in one other person who had no idea about
    what I had been told, when he kind of spaced out and changed personalities.
    And more ...

Did he charged? Never, however I brought him some gifts because I did not
    want to be in debt toward a draco lollllllll, if he is one, gifts equivalent to the
    amount of time he gave my daughter before we visited him, and later sent
    him some maple syrup sweets for the subsequent year he gave to her and
    her bad boyfriend. These gifts were never asked from me.

Now, I do think however that when dealing with Dracos or the like (cabal,
    Satanists, name it), there is a price that will be asked from you at some point
    -- but it did not come from Simon. And I held my ground firmly and still would.
    Darkness will never be a companion of ours if we refuse to play with it.

We are now doing fine daughter and I, psychologically and physically, we are
    both basically happy and are thriving our own ways, which has nothing to do
    with reptilians or mantids or even conspiracies of any kind -- plain human
    beings filled with loving hearts.

The lesson I took from all of it:

Help may come from the most unexpected places, yet it is still somewhat
    heaven sent.

Hold your own spirit as soon as you can

Dracos, Mantids and company are all a reflection of whom we are, our darkest
    sides, use the opportunity to work on awareness of whom you are

Without us, plain human, real creators of our own life and environment, they
    are absolutely nothing, they literally vanish. So don't dwelve into dark
    thoughts. Do not give it energy.

Finally after acknowledging it, reject negativity of all kinds, including Dracos,
    reptilians, Mantids and Cabal/Satanists and hold firm in this path while
    opening your heart to yourself first, and then to others.

Help others to do the same. Open your hearts, reject dark thoughts and
    replace them with loving ones.

==========
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

16. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Agape (1st July 2016), Alberto e Daniela (1st July 2016), animovado (1st July 2016), annacherie (2nd July 2016), araucaria (1st July 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Biff (1st July 2016), BMJ (1st July 2016), Chester (7th July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), Eram (1st July 2016), giovonni (1st July 2016), greybeard (1st July 2016), Heart-2-Heart (1st July 2016), hohoemi (1st July 2016), Limor Wolf (2nd July 2016), Mike (1st July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), Olaf (1st July 2016), OmeyocaN777 (10th November 2018), onawah (30th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Reinhard (1st July 2016), RunningDeer (1st July 2016), sdv (1st July 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), Sierra (1st July 2016), Stardad (1st July 2016), Ultima Thule (2nd July 2016), Violet (1st July 2016), Wind (1st July 2016)

17. Link to Post #189
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Becky, who is also an Avalon member since 2013 and a friend of Simon's who handles his bookings, etc. says that he has hundreds of clients who have been helped. If the complaints are the vast minority, what does that say?
    It says the same as would be the case for a doctor who only kills a few patients, an engineer who only has a few of his bridges collapse, or a pilot who only crashes a few times a year.

If I fail

None of these things should happen at all.

And it's not much of an exaggeration to give those analogies. A vulnerable person who's been abused by a counselor can sometimes experience lasting, extensive damage.

I'd suggest to Becky, who's reading this thread and seems to be asking onawah to make certain points on her or Simon's behalf:

Don't make excuses. Make some apologies. There may be some realities that need facing up to. That would be a good start.

I'm not so sure about that, Bill.

I'm jumping on this thread a little late, so please excuse any ignorance, but it seems a bit unfair to be demanding perfection 100% of the time...especially in such unorthodox circumstances.

Maybe i'm a bit raw having just read Cathy O'Brien's book 'tranceformation of america', but it seems to me that there are no safe plays in this unprecedented arena. Risks abound. War is never clean, be it physical or psychological. Someone like Simon might be saying to himself: "in the process of helping 2 dozen clients I may fail 2 or 3...and thats a risk i'm willing to take." It's truly a thankless position to be in. I doubt he enjoys it. It takes courage to press forward. It would be easier for him to throw up his hands and say "no more". It's sort of like the surgeon who takes on all the risky back surgeries that his peers won't touch. Some will be success' ..and some won't. Instead of judging him so harshly, perhaps we should be lauding him.

I dunno...

Just providing a devil's advocate position here.

Consider this: despite your unusually high intelligence and discernment skills, youre still going to whiff on a few whistleblowers. And thats totally understandable. And yet there are people that are going to be emotionally and spiritually disillusioned by it, despite your best intentions. They might be wounded in some unexpected way. It's an enormous responsibility you must feel..and yet, I doubt that a few missteps would stop you from continuing.

If it's revealed that Simon is being totally and utterly and unforgivably irresponsible, i'll eat my words. But it seems to me that he's trying his absolute best in the absolute worst of conditions. Perhaps its a case of him biting off more than he can chew...in which case we should still acknowledge his good intentions just as we acknowledge his shortcomings. In other words, I don't feel he's being deliberately harmful. Unfortunately, we're only hearing one side of the story here. Although I have huge respect for your opinions Bill, I'd be very interested in hearing from some of his success stories before making any sort of final judgement on the man.
    "It is about demanding perfection" Perfection when counseling someone is not just about getting it right, it's about "do no harm". If you do things like abandon clients, fail to show for appointments or provide information that is too disturbing, or done too quickly, without thinking of the consequences or helping the person understand and adjust to it,then you have done deliberate harm. I cant agree more with what Bill wrote, I wanted to write that myself but hesitated to keep this thread going because it was so going into two different directions. Simon does not advertise he is just a psychic or giving you your horoscope. In which case you could more easily take or leave what is said. Once someone states they can fix you, heal you, help you, that comes with with ethical obligations. This thread kept veering off into what they think about his personal claims of his experiences and that to me is a completely different matter and is confusing the issue of his services.

People may think his not keeping my appointment was a little thing, however I beg to differ. He once again demonstrated to me that humans can be uncaring and my needs mean nothing to them. Yes you can agree that's a lesson but not one a counselor should give you. Second I have provided therapy to thousands of people and while I choose to do that and it is rewarding, it can also burn you out and make you feel like it's your turn for help sometimes. So after not getting that call I again felt like "am I not worth it". No counselor should have made me feel that way. Thankfully that only lasted a second, but if I was emotionally fragile it could have been worse.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Agape (1st July 2016), animovado (1st July 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (7th July 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Daozen (1st July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), onawah (30th June 2016), Pam (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), sdv (1st July 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), Sierra (1st July 2016), Star Tsar (30th June 2016)

19. Link to Post #190
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,093 times in 20,639 posts

Wonderful, Flash! Thanks so much. We miss you.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Agape (1st July 2016), araucaria (1st July 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), giovonni (1st July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Reinhard (1st July 2016), RunningDeer (30th June 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)

Once someone states they can fix you, heal you, help you, that comes with with ethical obligations.

People may think his not keeping my appointment was a little thing, however I beg to differ. He once again demonstrated to me that humans can be uncaring and my needs mean nothing to them. Yes you can agree that's a lesson but not one a counselor should give you. Second I have provided therapy to thousands of people and while I choose to do that and it is rewarding, it can also burn you out and make you feel like it's your turn for help sometimes. So after not getting that call I again felt like "am I not worth it". No counselor should have made me feel that way.

Especially the sentence in red. That should be carved somewhere in stone, for all generations to come.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st July 2016 at 00:06.

22. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (1st July 2016), animovado (1st July 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Baby Steps (25th July 2016), Bibi (1st July 2016), BMJ (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (1st July 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Daozen (1st July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), giovonni (1st July 2016), Heart-2-Heart (1st July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), nomadguy (2nd July 2016), onawah (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Reinhard (1st July 2016), RunningDeer (30th June 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), Sierra (1st July 2016), Star Tsar (30th June 2016), ThePythonicCow (1st July 2016)

23. Link to Post #192
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Mike,

Maybe Simon's mistakes are honest ones. Have you considered that? The comparison to Bill was a pretty loose one, designed only to provide another dimension to the debate...another way of thinking about it.

I'm not here to defend Simon at all costs or anything like that. In fact, I disagree with him more than I agree with him. I just saw an opportunity for a different angle, and took it.

Simon has a large client base? Well, he must be helping somebody. Me, I'd like to hear from those somebody's. Thats all i'm basically saying.
    Mike, the point I was making is Simon is NOT making mistakes! He is lying and abusing people, vulnerable people
    He is a :

Cunning conman
    Shady, shaman charlatan
    Fable faking fakir

And last but not least-- a mummified mantis manufacturer.

There! Hope there is no further misunderstanding, as far as my point of view goes!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chester (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016)

25. Link to Post #193
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Mike,

Flash and her daughter made the most of a very bizarre experience, due to Flash's great mothering skills. Also, when one is profoundly depressed they have often entered a realm of non-meaning, or profound apathy.

Any imposition of belief that prods the client to escape mental and emotional austerity and lock on to the archetypal realm CAN be an improvement. It also has the potential to be terrifying. This to me, is what Parkes is doing. It doesn't mean he is a good or caring person....at all.

There could easily be some dark stuff going on. The best you can do is learn what you can, be skeptical, without debunking and then MOVE ON. Fixating, ruminating about dark forces controlling your mind and others, is a recipe for disaster. Dianne Fortune said that if one feels they are being interfered with spiritually, distraction is the best policy, if at all possible.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (1st July 2016), Chester (1st July 2016), Mike (1st July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016)

27. Link to Post #194
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

The point where Bill’s analogy of doctors, engineers and pilots at once works and doesn’t work lies in the fact that we have inbuilt redundancy not only for hardware but also for wetware. All those professions operate in teams; even a pilot has a co-pilot or ground crew guiding them. Engineers working in a team also have quantity surveyors breathing down their necks to make sure there is enough metalling in their concrete, etc. Incidents will occasionally nonetheless occur when a novel and unexpected situation arises that standard procedures including redundancy fail to address.

The thing about the likes of Simon Parkes is that they are flying solo, with no manual of standard procedures, and they are likely dealing exclusively in such non-textbook situations where something drastic has to be attempted, like an untried medication designed for something else and having huge side effects. The question I would have would concern diagnosis: how is it being performed? Apparently it is enough for someone to apply to Simon to have an issue he can help with. I wonder, has he ever turned someone away because their problem was only a humdrum human issue that had nothing to do with his stuff at all? The analogy would be a cardiologist prescribing aspirin for a patient sent to him for an irregular heartbeat, maybe after losing a loved one. If there are no false positives, then we are basically dealing with self-diagnosis and a consumerist approach to health care. A specialist has to be able to say No, you are fine without me.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

animovado (1st July 2016), Curt (1st July 2016), Daozen (1st July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), onawah (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016)

29. Link to Post #195
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I think its important to look at the basic requirements for counseling.
    Healing crisis can happen --is the therapist contactable?
    Can they deal with what looks to the client to be an emergency? and yes that can happen in any variety of helping.

Many who have been seen to do great work have a dark side.
    What makes them attractive, their charisma is a magnet to the vulnerable.

As an extreme parallel there are the Jimmy Saviles of the world--no one at the time would suspect them of being abusers.

Abuse takes many forms but the suspicion of abuse, in just one instance can lead to the law being involved--civil or other wise.

One to one counseling not so easy to prove or disprove but there is the audio tape in this instance and testimony from others.

Here we have evidence on tape and the testimony of several Avalon members--all with similar stories.

At the very least the conclusion surely is that some thing is not right, not wholesome, not what it was supposed to be in those sessions.

Therapists are working on their own normally but they have set guidelines and an unhappy client can refer to the training authority--that safe guard is not in place with Simon.

Can it be that some see Simon as a special case because he is a contactee?
    With abuse there can be no defense as such if it happened.

There can be mitigating circumstances but that does not prove innocence.

Bill listened to the tape and he is fair minded-- I take his word on this.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 1st July 2016 at 09:24.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (1st July 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), Heart-2-Heart (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), Wind (1st July 2016)

31. Link to Post #196
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

This is a slightly edited segment of a message I received from a reader who, understandably, wants to be anonymous.

Some people, like onawah and Agape, are continually muddying the waters so that it is difficult for whistleblowers to put their information across, to say nothing about the psychological effect on the whistleblowers to have their claims dismissed as lies or figments of a deranged mind.

I find the posts by onawah and Agape are as organized and contradictory as a mad woman’s washing and further add to the confusion. (Of course the mad woman does not see the confusion and thinks all is in order.)

People like Alberto e Daniela, Bibi, AutumnW, Savannah, Omniverse, Blue Radiance, Ron Mauer Sr, Flash, Callista and the other non-member whose message was posted by Bill have shared their direct personal experiences on Avalon to warn other people, and yet their disclosures are being used as fodder to make contrasting retaliatory statements.

It seems that the detractors are not being held accountable for their attacks on those who have the courage to speak out. It takes guts to come out and be a whistleblower as you know. This is what these people are doing – they are whistleblowers, trying to open the eyes of the public to what is going on behind the scenes.

And all the while, Simon and Becky are sitting in the spider’s web watching everyone’s moves, without having the courage to come out and contribute to the unraveling of the truth.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (1st July 2016), Bibi (1st July 2016), BMJ (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (1st July 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), greybeard (1st July 2016), nomadguy (2nd July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Savannah (1st July 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), Sophocles (1st July 2016)

33. Link to Post #197
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I'm going to call it as I see it, this is really, really scary stuff . Apparently, Simon sees nothing wrong with telling a 16 year old girl that her father is demonized????? There is no harm in telling a teenager she is programmed by the cabal as a "butterfly" monarch slave with a wolf program and suicidal triggers?

Quote Of course, he took care of her in his own ways, meaning telling us that she
    had been programmed by the cabal to be a "butterfly" monarch slave,
    with a wolfe program that had suicide triggers included,, etc etc, that we both
    were Lyrans and Pleiadians, that the reptiles would try to stop us at any price,
    the whole shehanigan. To tell the truth, my basic trust was not great, but
    hey, I needed help. So I read every single thing I could find on Dracos,
    Mantids, Satanic programs, etc etc. A real speed studying with complex
    topics, within a few months.

Quote Therefore, we bought into the Dracos, Mantids and Satanic programming
    things for a while. In it, he father was demonised as being satanic (not hard
    for me to believe), but we never acted on it, so no damages there. And does
    it matter?
    ==========
    [/QUOTE]

I do not believe you can subject a child to this sort of "therapy" and have them walk away unscathed. It is one thing if adults want to pay money for this fantasy, but apparently he's willing to do this to a child. I find this so unethical, it makes my head spin.
    Last edited by Pam; 1st July 2016 at 14:57.

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Agape (1st July 2016), Bibi (1st July 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (1st July 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), genevieve (1st July 2016), greybeard (1st July 2016), marique3652 (1st July 2016), Omni (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Savannah (1st July 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), ulli (1st July 2016), Ultima Thule (2nd July 2016), Wind (1st July 2016)

35. Link to Post #198
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

When the question of Simon’s character (good/bad person) comes into question or his motivation or intent (hurt/help) these questions can only be surmised and may never be known. They throw off the crux of the matter and that is the knowable/observable facts (reported harm). All those questions are irrelevant and while they may mitigate the facts they do nothing to eliminate the facts.
    Last edited by Savannah; 1st July 2016 at 14:49.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Bibi (2nd July 2016), Chester (2nd July 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), greybeard (1st July 2016), Hervé (1st July 2016), Pam (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), ulli (1st July 2016)

37. Link to Post #199
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Yes, that part at least, is understandable...
    This is a slightly edited segment of a message I received from a reader who, understandably, wants to be anonymous.
    So once again, we have the alternative community up in arms against itself. Whistleblowers blowing the whistle on whistleblowers. The elite must be having a good chuckle.
    How many whistleblowers, teachers and writers of popular books have we taken to task on the forum?

It's messy especially when people believe that what a person says about himself is true, people have to re-examine their beliefs and it's painful but this is the process.

Case in point, John Lash, we get invested in some point of view, some person and his information and we all shake our heads and say, yes, let's use discernment but then we don't do it. I have been as guilty of this as anyone else.

It can be messy but I don't see any other way, back and forth, feeling hurt, some extremes but this is the way it goes, nothing wrong about it.

At some point things will become clear for those who can risk changing their minds and beliefs about this topic or that person.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 1st July 2016 at 16:36.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

Agape (1st July 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), greybeard (1st July 2016), marique3652 (1st July 2016), onawah (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016)

39. Link to Post #200
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi there Autumn, I might say Flash and her daughter got thru a very bizarre period due to Flash's great mothering skills..AND the assistance of Simon. The time and effort and energy he gave cannot be so easily dismissed. That is an ENORMOUS donation of one's energetic resources...with no remuneration, mind you. You can accuse the man of being unprofessional if you like, but you can't really label him uncaring.

After hearing Flash testimony, what do you s'pose Simon's motivation was? Thats not a rhetorical question. I'm very curious. And i'll listen! Really. The difference here between you and I is that you seem to have made up your mind while I, for better or worse, have not.

Honestly, this stuff with dracos and mantids is way above my pay grade..and it was never really my intent to get into this business of defending Simon with post after post. In that sense, I kind of regret contributing here. In general, when it comes to esoteric areas such as these, I preach the gospel of "I don't know"...and I find it fascinating that one could reach such definitive conclusions from such murky information. Yes, there could be some dark stuff going on....but there also could not be. Who knows? Jury is still out imho.
    My mind is pretty much made up. Yes. When it comes to matters as important as messing with the peace of mind of fellow human beings because you are either unprincipled, a complete ignoramus, a fantasy prone bull**** artist...or all of the above, provided with enough info, I make what seems to be a very quick determination. I was suspicious, initially, but didn't criticize him. This is one human, mantid, or whatever the hell he is, I would avoid like the plague.

Something tangentially related, that I picked up somewhere, (movie the exorcist, Malachi Martin??) is priests chosen to do exorcisms are ones who are less imaginative, less poetic, less prone to be drawn into long winded conversations with the devil.

Those who appraise disordered or dark immoral individuals, engaging an appetite for philosophical acrobatics are also, in a sense, dancing with the devil. I mean you no disrespect and applaud what may also be a deep desire to be fair to this guy.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chester (2nd July 2016), onawah (1st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (1st July 2016), ulli (1st July 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 10 18 LastLast