+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 5 15 18 LastLast

Thread: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

1. Link to Post #81
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

Default Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

I totally support what Bill has just said.

Unfortunately, over the past few months, we have become aware of situations with several people who have turned to Simon for assistance, only to be dropped by Simon for reasons unknown. This is an area of grave concern for me, as I have been a supporter of Simon over the past two years and have often defended him. However, due to recent events to which I am privy, I see situations have arisen where Simon is not honouring those who reach out to him and thus sometimes leaves these people in a far worse situation than before they contacted him.

Therefore I agree with Bill on this matter and ask any who seek counsel with Simon to be aware that Simon is sharing his opinions and thoughts which are subjective. I believe that Simon's intent is to help people, but greater harm can be done when someone seeking assistance is left high and dry after what can be traumatic information is given.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

Agape (13th June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (14th June 2016), Bibi (16th June 2016), Biff (25th June 2016), BMJ (14th June 2016), Chester (19th June 2016), Chip (13th June 2016), Daozen (14th June 2016), giovonni (13th June 2016), onawah (13th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016), Sophocles (13th June 2016)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

Dear Bill and whoever reads,

from all the years I'm involved in this type of research/community and after much distancing treatment I've suffered especially from non-professionals ( because it's a typical sign of non-professionalism to me when people with or without degrees back off from helping somebody who fell by circumstances to extraordinary trouble , only because it's 'too extraordinary' )
    and myself I stopped lecturing in philosophy and meditation after 2008 due to extreme fatigue I experienced following years after my direct ET encounter in 2002 ( to all : please stop calling it 'vision' or 'psychic experience' after I tried to explain that it was neither , I'm not suffering from visions )

with one logical caveat , I've refused to mix any aspect of the ET data to spiritual teachings I used to deliver , or discuss this with people who trusted me and sought psychological support and counsel .

Quote I believe, with reason, that contracting Simon as a counselor might be subjecting oneself to harm, whether this is consciously intended by Simon or not.

So I'm now also saying: I cannot endorse or recommend Simon's counseling of anyone.
    I think it simply translates : consulting self-proclaimed extraterrestrial is carried entirely at your own risk . Quite like consulting with any other professional or non-professional , moreso here for stepping to territory that is bound to be 'alien' by nature to most of your 'human family' .

With respect to both parties ...

and to remain entirely truthful : we are still struggling for communication , contact , simple things really , decent communique between ETs and Humans , sharing information on level adequate to it and so forth.

If someone claims or believes otherwise , I advise please keep your eyes open to the reality millions of ( unabducted ) people live daily on this planet .

What I really wish to all of us concerned is the truth and respect we called for , instead of cover ups and alternative solutions.
    Simon can't be blamed for the approach of society denying our very right to existence as we are, right to proclaim our identity .
    Bill may not be the one who turns his back to Simon but most of our scientific, medical and other authorities do so , in fear of confrontation they themselves don't want to suffer .

Slowing down for a while and getting back to yourself always helps.

Best wishes

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (14th June 2016), giovonni (13th June 2016), GoingOn (18th January 2017), Olam (16th June 2016), onawah (13th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016)

5. Link to Post #83
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Lightbulb Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

a simple rule of thumb ...

Buyer always Beware.

6. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)

Buyer always Beware.

Maybe better this!
    Caveat emptor. Praesertim venditor dicit: "Habes magna quaestio. Solum ego potest reficere."

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (13th June 2016), BMJ (15th June 2016), Chester (19th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016)

8. Link to Post #85
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Buyer always Beware.

Maybe better this!
    Caveat emptor. Praesertim venditor dicit: "Habes magna quaestio. Solum ego potest reficere."
    Caveat emptor. Praesertim venditor dicit: "Habes magna quaestio. Solum ego potest reficere." =
    Buyerr beware. In particular, the seller says: "You have a big problem. Only I can fix it."

Yes indeed ...

Perhaps Simon will read and pay heed, if he hasn't already ...

Note, I always think it's best to seek professional/licensed help and also get second and (sometimes) third opinions.

PS ~ Otherwise one should never expect guarantees in such transactions.
    Last edited by giovonni; 14th June 2016 at 01:03. Reason: add translation

9. Link to Post #86
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Here you go Natalie ...

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Buyer always Beware.

Maybe better this!
    Caveat emptor. Praesertim venditor dicit: "Habes magna quaestio. Solum ego potest reficere." =
    Buyerr beware. In particular, the seller says: "You have a big problem. Only I can fix it."

Yes indeed ...

Perhaps Simon will read and pay heed, if he hasn't already ...

Note, I always think it's best to seek professional/licensed help and also get second and (sometimes) third opinions.

PS ~ Otherwise one should never expect guarantees in such transactions.

10. Link to Post #87
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,432 times in 21,489 posts

Buyer beware. In particular, the seller says: "You have a big problem. Only I can fix it."
    It's pointing out that the buyer should be cautious ... especially if the seller says "You have a big problem that only I can fix."
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Chester (19th June 2016), Chip (19th June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th June 2016), onawah (14th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (21st June 2016)

12. Link to Post #88
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Question Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Buyer beware. In particular, the seller says: "You have a big problem. Only I can fix it."
    It's pointing out that the buyer should be cautious ... especially if the seller says "You have a big problem that only I can fix."
    Ah .... Ok Mr Paul ...

I think that goes without saying ... giggle

13. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member Bibi's Avatar
    Thanks

Greetings!

I've been a member since April, and I just want to say how good it is to be here! I feel broadened and enriched as I continue to explore the vast amount of information available. I didn't foresee the nature of my very first post being in this vein; however, some issues have arisen that I feel important enough to warrant posting in this thread. It concerns my own first-hand experience with Simon Parkes.

I first became aware of Simon late in 2014, and like many, many others, I was quite taken with him. I appreciated his quiet and thoughtful demeanor, and as an experiencer, his information was quite riveting, and something inside me resonated. I finally sent an email and booked a session with him which would have taken place about a year ago, if I hadn't screwed up and slept through the 5 AM alarm - I'm in Los Angeles, and the session had been scheduled for the earlier part of his day. I immediately paid for another session, and when the date came around, I was eagerly present, but this time he's the one who didn't show up. There were no replies to the email I had sent right away, and then about ten days later, I received a rather cryptic Skype message from him to the effect (and I paraphrase) that he'd found himself in some difficulties. That was it, sans apology and no offer of re-scheduling. At that point, I had come into contact with a few folks who had heard tell of some not so nice interactions he'd had with some of their friends; however, since it was all hearsay, I didn't pay much attention.

I was finally able to have another session scheduled for the beginning of May (six weeks ago as I write this). He called me and after saying a quick hello, he went right into it. I was startled by what he told me:
    1. That he'd never seen anyone like me before
    2. My soul breakdown consisted of three parts - one part grey, one part robotics, and one part ancient earth human
    3. I was much more alien than human; and
    4. He was quite convinced I was mind-controlled
    He gave me the link to a short video to look at (an '80's release of Adam Ant, not available in the US on YouTube and curiously, no longer available on Vimeo, where I watched it), and gave me another session in 8 days' time. 

When we met next, the conversation lasted less than 18 minutes. In that time he told me that I had been so seriously mind-controlled that the only other case like mine he had experience with was that of a man who had been trained as an assassin. That my case was gravely serious. That TPTB found me very valuable and had been hijacking my psychic gifts to use to their own ends - that they had been "mind-f@#..*g' me. That I was to think about whether I wished to work with him, that he wouldn't charge me, nor would he abandon me. I was in a bit of a state of shock, not quite sure of what to say, as it was just not in the area of possibilities about myself that I'd ever considered. The conversation was over before I really knew what was happening. To tell you the truth, I was intrigued. I've been what I call a 'truth spelunkerer' since around age fourteen, and I will consider most possibilities that merit looking into. I sent word the next day that I wished to go ahead, and that's when he disappeared. People who are close to me were very disturbed that I wasn't hearing back from him. I pretty much got angry and then I was over it, and moved on to work with someone else - a highly gifted and intuitive multi-dimensional healer. It's been quite a journey - but I digress.

Several days ago I received word that Simon would see me in two days' time. I accepted the appointment, because at some level I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It started off nicely enough. I gave him a concise rundown of my own deep healing work and he cut in with (I paraphrase) "That's why F (not the person's actual initial) was angered and made that aggressive comment...". I began to address that, and wanted to explain , and I started with, "You know Simon, I sent F the video of that conversation, and it was as if you said I'd been f#**#d over by...", and I wasn't allowed to finish. He got extremely angry and said he'd never said that - not allowing me to speak for a good - well I don't know how long really, only that he went on and on, getting more vitriolic with each second . All I was trying to say is that "I began my sentence with 'it was as if you said'", but he just wasn't listening. (I actually do have the recording of the conversation we were talking about). He was extremely angry, and speaking in louder tones than one associates with him. He almost shouted that he was in the process of initiating litigation to sue F. There was an implied threat to me as well. When he stopped for a moment to actually breathe, I opened my mouth to speak, and that is when he hung up on me. I know the difference between a hang-up and when there is a loss of connection, as I have been using Skype for quite awhile, and on a daily basis. Final proof that he hung up on me is that he did not send any message afterward. The clocked Skype chat says four minutes and fifty seconds. I sent him a very strongly worded message afterward, but I have no illusions he'll read it.

He needs to think twice about making veiled threats about 'solicitors' and sending letters of intent. I was raised in a family of attorneys, some of whom have successfully argued major cases at the Supreme Court level in the US , and his reasoning is based on nothing, and he would be ridiculed no end. And the bottom line is that my friend had not at all slandered him. More important than any of the above is that as far as Simon was concerned, I was someone who had sought guidance, who in his opinion was very much in need of support. The good news is that I've learned how to take care of myself; however, if I were a person without a good sense of personal boundaries, Simon's attitude and behavior could have caused me harm. I want anyone who is thinking about booking a session with Simon Parkes to know about my first-hand experience.

Ultimately, I don't think it's responsible of me to keep silent about what happened. If my experience were only about avoidance and missed appointments, I wouldn't have said anything. This is different. My intention is to provide information for people to integrate, and then make their own decisions.

Whew! When I click the 'submit reply' button, I have a feeling it's going to feel like an initiation.

Warmly,
    Bibi

Last edited by Bibi; 22nd June 2016 at 05:22. Reason: The font was too small!

14. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Bibi For This Post:

3(C)+me (21st June 2016), 6pounder (9th September 2016), Alberto e Daniela (20th June 2016), anandacate (19th June 2016), astridmari (31st July 2016), Basho (22nd June 2016), Biff (25th June 2016), Bill Ryan (19th June 2016), Billy (21st June 2016), BMJ (19th June 2016), Callista (19th June 2016), Chester (19th June 2016), Chip (19th June 2016), Cognitive Dissident (19th June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), Ewan (19th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th June 2016), Hervé (19th June 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th June 2016), kemo (20th June 2016), lisalu (21st June 2016), mab777 (21st June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd June 2016), MissMalin78 (12th September 2016), Omni (27th June 2016), onawah (19th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (19th June 2016), Shannon (21st June 2016), Sierra (19th June 2016), Sophocles (19th June 2016), Stephanie (20th June 2016), ulli (19th June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016), wisky (26th June 2016)

15. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Yes. Do read the above, from Bibi, carefully. None of this is okay (and that's an understatement).

Here's a slighted edited/redacted copy of a Skype chat I had with a very aware and well-informed friend (who I called 'A' below), yesterday. This person is well aware of Simon and some of the things he has said and done.

I would not be posting any of this publicly unless I knew it was factual.

Bill:
    Yes, Simon does say outrageous things to people, and with a completely straight face, a soft voice, and in a very undramatic, matter-of-fact way.

That's what 'hooks' them: the apparent straightness and sincerity. It's very manipulative. He does this compulsively, I suspect, and it disempowers the person he's talking to: makes them think he knows stuff that they don't, and encourages dependency.

And yes, that was the start of ______ 's change. [This was another friend, not mentioned on this thread, who had an affair with Simon back in 2014 and was badly damaged by it, also passing the damage on to others in a kind of cascading domino effect.]

A: Yes, that's Simon in a nutshell ... manipulative, disempowering, encouraging dependency. He may be partially or sometimes psychic, but he definitely gets some things completely wrong, and he's not at all spiritual. So that's all a very dangerous combination.

16. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (20th June 2016), anandacate (19th June 2016), astridmari (31st July 2016), Baby Steps (19th June 2016), Bibi (19th June 2016), Biff (19th June 2016), Billy (21st June 2016), BMJ (19th June 2016), Callista (19th June 2016), Chester (19th June 2016), Chip (19th June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), drneglector (21st June 2016), Elisheva (21st June 2016), Eram (19th June 2016), Ewan (19th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th June 2016), greybeard (19th June 2016), Jean-Luc (20th June 2016), kanishk (20th June 2016), mab777 (21st June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd June 2016), Matthew (22nd June 2016), Omni (27th June 2016), onawah (19th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Reinhard (19th June 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (19th June 2016), Shannon (21st June 2016), Sierra (19th June 2016), Sophocles (19th June 2016), Star Tsar (19th June 2016), Stephanie (20th June 2016), sunwings (19th June 2016), ulli (19th June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

17. Link to Post #91
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

. . .

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (20th June 2016), Baby Steps (21st June 2016), Basho (22nd June 2016), Bibi (19th June 2016), Callista (20th June 2016), Chester (29th June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), Elisheva (21st June 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th June 2016), greybeard (21st June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), onawah (20th June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (19th June 2016), Shannon (21st June 2016), Sophocles (22nd June 2016), Stephanie (20th June 2016), ulli (21st June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

19. Link to Post #92
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Bibi (here)
    He was extremely angry, and speaking in louder tones than one associates with him. He almost shouted that he was in the process of initiating litigation to sue F. There was an implied threat to me as well. When he stopped for a moment to actually breathe, I opened my mouth to speak, and that is when he hung up on me.
    If all of this is true then it sounds like the one who needs therapy is Simon (from a real therapist, not a fake one).

When Simon talks about being sexually abused by extraterrestrials in his testimony, I can't help but think that there is some element of truth in that. Unfortunately I do not think it was ETs who were doing the abuse. People who suffer from traumatic stresses as a child are at a much higher risk of developing psychosis or other psychological disorders. It is a serious problem and one that people often forget exists in this world. Everyone has some amount of baggage just like no one makes it out of life alive, as they say. Though the man lies and seems aggressive I can't hold it against him because he likely has problems of his own.

As far as the lawsuits, at the rate he is/was charging for "counseling" sessions (£30 for 30 minutes, ie £60 an hour), if he put in 40 hours a week doing it he'd be making 6 figures a year. Even doing sessions for 20 people a week would add up to a big chunk of change over time. I'd say he'd be more than willing to throw around legal threats and maybe even carry one or two forward to preliminary hearings just to have people settle out of court, if he had to, because he could make it back from continuing his "counseling." Of course his claims would not actually stand up if taken to trial. He would sooner run risk of being committed as a result of a court case than win it.

20. Link to Post #93
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

As a former talk counselor reading Bibi's account, half way through my month was hanging open in OMG...really?. The red flags are flying now. I will not even go into all the problems with his counseling approach, If I would do that in session I would have lost my license by now and Bill has covered all the reasons for him being, I think a danger to the public. Where is the do no harm clause.? I do remember on another thread someone had similar type session and was told things that were quite disturbing and I commented that if he is a gangster at some point he would be outed, if in fact, that were the case.
    Well, that time has now come.

So he talks about how he treats trauma, gets traumatized people in session and then they get retraumtized all over again, brilliant!

Side note here: As I got to the middle of Bibi's post, I got a image of one of those psychic readers who tell a client, "you have a curse on you and only I can remove it "and it will cost you a such and such amount of money. don't worry dear, I will take care of you.
    Yeah, right.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 21st June 2016 at 19:55.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

Bibi (22nd June 2016), Biff (22nd June 2016), Blue Radiance (25th June 2016), Callista (22nd June 2016), Chester (21st June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), Omni (27th June 2016), onawah (21st June 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd August 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016)

22. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

No one is his own doctor , the saying goes and ( never treat your family members ) when you get ill cover that as long as you can , treat everyone the same measure . ()
    Finally, get lost to know how the last fool really feels . You must know that too .

Get over it , that's right . Get over it as fast as possible and right NOW Alternatively, go and get a life ..
    another life .

Stop pretending you can think for yourself ( it's the AI thinking for you ) , get stuff bear and do the therapy .

Never advertise yourself and don't accept bribes .

June 21 2016 A.D.

HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE EVERYBODY

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st June 2016), GoingOn (18th January 2017), onawah (21st June 2016)

24. Link to Post #95
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

No one is saying don't seek treatment, but people take more time to find a good plumber than finding a counselor that is legit and will be helpful to them.
    Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince, as they say.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 21st June 2016 at 20:19.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

Chester (21st June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), onawah (21st June 2016), sijohn (22nd June 2016)

26. Link to Post #96
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Its possible that Simon is transferring his own issues to clients
    The mind is very powerful and can make imagined things seem so real.
    There have been cases of the stigmata being real and visible to all during the life of the person disappearing completely without trace soon after the death of the body.
    (Padre Peo) if my memory serves me correctly.
    Such is the power of the mind, particularly strong when aligned with spiritual belief.

Chris.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (21st June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (22nd June 2016), Bibi (22nd June 2016), Callista (22nd June 2016), Chester (29th June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), Eram (21st June 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2016), GoingOn (18th January 2017), Wind (25th June 2016)

28. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cccme (here)
    No one is saying don't seek treatment, but people take more time to find a good plumber than finding a counselor that is legit and will be helpful to you.
    Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince, as they say.
    Well, to be honest , you may find me really old fashioned but I am not to the internet based education and therapy especially , at all.
    Ultimately you need to pull yourself together (usually) to be able to find real friend in life ..
    life is not a stationary place . Life is a journey that will find you somewhere else , tomorrow .

In my opinion also , 'selling' ET information or disseminating it under a business sort of scheme is direct misproduct of our times.
    So are therapists .

People forgot how to talk to each other with sense , how to find partners for life and generally... lots of stuff about themselves their grandfather caveman still knew.

That's your 'terrestrial therapy'.

One should not confuse 'talking to friends' and 'disseminating ET information' with 'therapy' .
    I would not know how to sell anything.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

GoingOn (18th January 2017), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), onawah (21st June 2016)

30. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Its possible that Simon is transferring his own issues to clients
    The mind is very powerful and can make imagined things seem so real.
    There have been cases of the stigmata being real and visible to all during the life of the person disappearing completely without trace soon after the death of the body.
    (Padre Peo) if my memory serves me correctly.
    Such is the power of the mind, particularly strong when aligned with spiritual belief.

Chris.
    Chris , it's inevitable but the following is also true and that's when I closed my desk in Lotus centre in 2008 because I needed my own time
    and unlike Simon, I felt responsible for people coming to me as usually and none really was too eager to hear anything about 'aliens'.

Despite the meditation group i was lecturing for years before they were told of the ET event and data,
    some helped me later with practical matters, others walked straight away .

Just for mentioning 'ET' , basically, for the tag such things do have across Europe ..

Not a good mixture of things at all. Spiritual guidance is best to focus on without distractions and research likewise . Then, they can meet on very good level.
    But translating things , even teachings from one culture , not to mention ET civilisation to another is always risky .

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

marique3652 (22nd June 2016), onawah (21st June 2016)

32. Link to Post #99
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Well, to be honest , you may find me really old fashioned but I am not to the internet based education and therapy especially , at all.
    Ultimately you need to pull yourself together (usually) to be able to find real friend in life ..
    life is not a stationary place . Life is a journey that will find you somewhere else , tomorrow

I remember being told early on in my training, I was told do not attempt to treat your friends and family. If you have a good friend who is objective and doesn't have an agenda of "I want you be change in ways I think you should change", well, then go ahead talk to your friend. But most people need a space where they are not known and talk about their difficulties with others, friends, wives, with someone who does not have a bone in this fight.
    I was required I go through a few years of my own personal therapy before i could graduate and that was the best part of my education. Not writing some major work or taking this many classes.
    And sometimes it takes a while before a relationship can happen where the trust is developed so the person can go out on a limb and really talk about things they find very difficult. It's always about the relationship. I have been lucky in that I had some great counselors who knew what they were doing.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

BMJ (22nd June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), Matthew (22nd June 2016), onawah (21st June 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016)

34. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

I'm still finding some gems of information here and there in Simon's interviews with JayPee and other talks, though as with any whistleblower, discernment is always called for.
    When it comes to "counseling", I think anyone who enlists Simon in that role should be aware of the kind of work he has been doing thus far, that he is not a professional or even very experienced in counseling, and that this is a money-making venue for him, however many free consultations he may be giving for those who are financially challenged.
    So yes, "buyer beware" certainly applies in the counseling venue, just as the necessity for discernment applies in the whistleblowing venue, AND vice versa.
    And especially anyone expecting the type of counseling that they would get from an experienced, professional counselor should be aware of ALL that.
    Though I personally would not elect to have a "counseling" session with Simon, I have had sessions with so-called professionals which were quite useless, not to say harmful at times, so I am not very prone to enlist "professionals" for any kind of service at this point, either, for anything. I prefer to keep my own counsel, but that's just me.
    ...Though I've never had one of them actually yelling at me or scaring me, but then none of the professionals I've consulted were self-proclaimed part Reptilian part Mantid part Inner Earth human...
    So how to qualify/classify this whole scenario by any normal standards is going to be difficult if not impossible.
    As for his private conversations with individuals, whether astronauts or less famous folk, I would say that is their business and Simon's, and different standards would have to apply, though I really have no idea what those protocols might be.
    Last edited by onawah; 21st June 2016 at 22:03.
    Each breath a gift...

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Basho (22nd June 2016), BMJ (22nd June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), PathWalker (21st June 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (22nd June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 5 15 18 LastLast