Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 6 16 18 LastLast

Thread: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

1. Link to Post #101
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

Bsbray,

From what I have read here it seems that this man is a simple conman. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't have a psychosis, he has a character disorder. Highly manipulative, pulls the wool over people's eyes, makes outlandish claims. Charlatan, plain and simple. He hooks people, gets what he wants from them and then disappears.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Biff (22nd June 2016), Blue Radiance (25th June 2016), Chester (22nd June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by cccme (here)
    As a former talk counselor reading Bibi's account, half way through my month was hanging open in OMG...really?. The red flags are flying now. I will not even go into all the problems with his counseling approach, If I would do that in session I would have lost my license by now and Bill has covered all the reasons for him being, I think a danger to the public. Where is the do no harm clause.? I do remember on another thread someone had similar type session and was told things that were quite disturbing and I commented that if he is a gangster at some point he would be outed, if in fact, that were the case.
    Well, that time has now come.

So he talks about how he treats trauma, gets traumatized people in session and then they get retraumtized all over again, brilliant!

Side note here: As I got to the middle of Bibi's post, I got a image of one of those psychic readers who tell a client, "you have a curse on you and only I can remove it "and it will cost you a such and such amount of money. don't worry dear, I will take care of you.
    Yeah, right.
    Hi cccme and all members, readers,

I hope you will look back at this 18 months ago

And I hope you will look at the responses (some yours) which I received back then.

I stand firm in my opinion that someone who plays a very proactive role in becoming "high profile" in the alt community which by its very nature has no formal regulatory oversight (as we wish and as we are glad for), should maintain as high a standards as possible - especially if they are counseling people regardless of whether it is "free" or if they then begin to charge as Simon did/does. And when they make a promise, keep it or at least apologize for no longer being able to. Dropping people without this simple courtious action is flat out unacceptable. Too busy? Give me a break. No professional therapist ever would operate this way in part because they would be out of business. The only reason someone gets away with this in this community is because there are far more vulnerables than those who might honestly and realistically assist because of the content discussed in this community.

Also, because of the nature of this community, I did the only thing I could 18 months ago and look how it was received. That "said far more about" me wasn't so correct after all. I wish more people would find the courage to share their experiences and share their opinions about them when it comes to what has become an industry - the alt community itself as the umbrella with many sub communities under the umbrella... the alt community media, the alt community "spiritual counselors," the alt community "experiencers," the alt community "whistle blowers," etc.

What does an industry benefit from when there's no regulation?

Watchdogs. Watchdog sites.

Unbiased, unagenda driven, uncompromisable, incorruptable.

Perhaps I wish for what can never be... but still one can dream.

If ever this was needed, it is now.

All just my opinion.
    Last edited by Chester; 21st June 2016 at 23:36.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (22nd June 2016), Bibi (22nd June 2016), Eram (22nd June 2016), greybeard (22nd June 2016), marique3652 (22nd June 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd June 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016), Sophocles (22nd June 2016), thunder24 (22nd June 2016), ulli (22nd June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Bsbray,

From what I have read here it seems that this man is a simple conman. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't have a psychosis, he has a character disorder. Highly manipulative, pulls the wool over people's eyes, makes outlandish claims. Charlatan, plain and simple. He hooks people, gets what he wants from them and then disappears.
    Or perhaps both and in fact even more...
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Blue Radiance (25th June 2016)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,523 times in 20,692 posts

I think it might also be good to take a look at this post from Bill in that thread that Sam linked to:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post919782
    and this one from Spiritwind:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post919877
    and this one from Billy: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post919907
    and finally, Sam's post here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post919969 which he ends with
    Quote I have come to understand I have no enemy other than myself and only if I make myself so.
    Granted, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since 2015, but have things really changed that much in the alternative community?
    And please note that that thread was finally closed by Bill :https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post920021
    Is there any definitive, first hand proof that Simon has been abusive? Neglectful perhaps by professional standards, but actually abusive?
    Simon's not perfect, but he's under a lot of pressure, as any whistleblower is, I think especially at this point in time.
    Have our expectations of such a person simply been set too high?
    Becky has a direct connection with Simon and I think more input from her would be of value in this discussion, also Callista.
    I have no direct connection, but as a whistleblower, I think Simon is actually improving, if his discussions with Jay Pee on Wolf Spirit Radio are any indication.
    I hope Avalon doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Last edited by onawah; 22nd June 2016 at 01:48.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (22nd June 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd June 2016)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member Bibi's Avatar
    Thanks

In response to the following posts:

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Is there any definitive, first hand proof that Simon has been abusive? Neglectful perhaps by professional standards, but actually abusive?
    Simon's not perfect, but he's under a lot of pressure, as any whistleblower is, I think especially at this point in time.
    No one is saying don't seek treatment, but people take more time to find a good plumber than finding a counselor that is legit and will be helpful to them.
    Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince, as they say.
    As a former talk counselor reading Bibi's account, half way through my month was hanging open in OMG...really?. The red flags are flying now. I will not even go into all the problems with his counseling approach, If I would do that in session I would have lost my license by now and Bill has covered all the reasons for him being, I think a danger to the public. Where is the do no harm clause.? I do remember on another thread someone had similar type session and was told things that were quite disturbing and I commented that if he is a gangster at some point he would be outed, if in fact, that were the case.
    Well, that time has now come.

So he talks about how he treats trauma, gets traumatized people in session and then they get retraumtized all over again, brilliant!

Side note here: As I got to the middle of Bibi's post, I got a image of one of those psychic readers who tell a client, "you have a curse on you and only I can remove it "and it will cost you a such and such amount of money. don't worry dear, I will take care of you.
    Yeah, right.
    I would like to clarify my initial motivation in booking a session with Simon: I wanted a soul reading! That's it, pure and simple. I've had my share of therapy over the years, and the last thing on my mind was to engage Simon as a therapist. Until last month (May, 2016), I had waited in high anticipation for hearing about my "Star Family origins". I assume full responsibility for taking action upon hearing his pronouncement of my being a mind-control victim, at the hands of some nefarious elites. As I stated in my earlier post

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1075960
    Quote To tell you the truth, I was intrigued. I've been what I call a 'truth spelunker-er' since around age fourteen, and I will consider most possibilities that merit looking into.
    I entered his arena at that point due mostly to my desire to get more information about my mysterious birth origins (adopted), and the fact that I was very intrigued. Not to mention shocked. I will also add here that I sought out and began to work with an outstanding and highly trained therapist with over 30 years experience in memory/past-life regression therapy immediately after Simon's initial pronouncement, while I was waiting for the last appointment I had with him. I have had many learning adventures since I came 'of age' in the sixties, and I was not so naive as to put all of my eggs in the Simon basket.

I saw him as an expert on subjects he had claimed to be an expert of. The bottom line is that he was unconscionably rude, completely unreasonable and exceedingly disrespectful of me. To sum up, I never considered him my 'therapist'.

Bibi
    Last edited by Bibi; 22nd June 2016 at 09:29. Reason: Now the font's too big!

10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bibi For This Post:

Agape (22nd June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (22nd June 2016), BMJ (22nd June 2016), Callista (22nd June 2016), Chester (22nd June 2016), Debra (22nd June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), greybeard (22nd June 2016), Heart-2-Heart (22nd June 2016), Hervé (22nd June 2016), marique3652 (25th June 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd June 2016), onawah (22nd June 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016), Sophocles (22nd June 2016), ulli (22nd June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

11. Link to Post #106
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

There is very little evidence to back up what Simon claims to be so as regard to his soul etc.
    However there are first hand reports of his attitude to wards several people who consulted him.
    A professional ---no matter how stressed they are--will never act in a non professional way to a person looking for help, advice, what ever.
    It is possible to harm vulnerable people quite easily, even unintentionally.
    The well being of "clients" is more important .to my mind, than anything else.

Thats first hand having been a "therapist" for many years before I retired.

C

Ps When you are with a client, in order to be effective, you have to be there, totally with them --for them.

To be honest this also benefited me as it took my mind totally off my own stuff.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 22nd June 2016 at 09:00.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd June 2016), Agape (22nd June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (22nd June 2016), araucaria (22nd June 2016), Arcturian108 (24th June 2016), Baby Steps (22nd June 2016), Beren (22nd June 2016), Bibi (22nd June 2016), BMJ (22nd June 2016), Bob (22nd June 2016), Callista (22nd June 2016), Chester (22nd June 2016), Debra (22nd June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), drneglector (26th June 2016), Eram (22nd June 2016), Heart-2-Heart (22nd June 2016), marique3652 (25th June 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd June 2016), onawah (22nd June 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (22nd June 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016), Sophocles (22nd June 2016), ulli (22nd June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,209 times in 32,905 posts

I'm copying this e-mail which I received from a non-Avalon member who reads the forum daily. Nothing has been changed or omitted apart from the session date and the person's name. It is posted here for the record.

Hello Bill, We've never spoke, and I am not a member of Avalon; but do peruse the posts daily. Want to thank you for making a statement regards Simon earlier today. Unfortunately, you can add my name to the list of a "client" that received a potentially damaging and negative assessment made by Simon, only to have no follow-up. Fortunately, I put the pieces together (many others had similar experiences) and was able to shrug it off, and realize the situation - but one still questions where that information may have come from or what the motive.

First session took place in [ date given ] after the original appointment two months earlier was missed by Simon.

Thanks for a great forum, all the best,

[ name and e-mail given ]

14. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (22nd June 2016), Atlas (25th June 2016), Baby Steps (22nd June 2016), Bibi (22nd June 2016), Biff (22nd June 2016), Blue Radiance (25th June 2016), Callista (22nd June 2016), Chester (22nd June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), drneglector (26th June 2016), greybeard (22nd June 2016), Heart-2-Heart (23rd June 2016), Hervé (22nd June 2016), kanishk (24th June 2016), marique3652 (25th June 2016), Maunagarjana (24th June 2016), Omni (27th June 2016), onawah (22nd June 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016), Sophocles (22nd June 2016), ulli (22nd June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

15. Link to Post #108
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I think there may be people who want to slander Simon for reasons of their own which don't have anything to do with professional ethics.
    If there is actual footage of a Skype session where Simon was being abusive, that would be definitive proof.
    I think it also needs to be considered that there have been people who have been helped by Simon, people who would not have had other resources for the unusual kind of problems they are faced with.
    He's not operating as a professional counselor, obviously, but I don't think it's completely fair to apply those kinds of standards either, since he is not claiming to have experience of that nature.
    There should be some kind of happy medium; otherwise, we will just end up in the alternative community with a lot of hierarchical structure that doesn't work any better here than in the mainstream because it's too cumbersome and rigid.
    This kind of struggle is happening on lots of levels now--I've been seeing it in numerous astrological descriptions of the current aspects, and we can see it in the US where the structure of the two political parties is breaking down, and the mob rule mentality of Trump supporters is helping to facilitate a breakdown of structure altogether.
    We obviously need some structure, but I think the alternative community needs to find a way of realistically dealing with these issues that is flexible and appropriate to the unusual nature of the issues we deal with, and we haven't really done that yet, as far as I can see.
    It's kind of like this:
    IMHO.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bibi (22nd June 2016), BMJ (25th June 2016), HaveBlue (23rd June 2016)

17. Link to Post #109
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

Simon has always been courteous and respectful with me.
    Months ago I shared a video of my session with Simon on PA (or maybe it was Skype) I would share again if I still had a copy.
    If anyone has a copy I would enjoy getting a copy back. It was a very pleasant conversation.

For me, getting readings is fun. It is entertainment. Sometimes there is valuable information, sometimes not.
    I would really prefer more clarity and be my own psychic.

I still do not understand why I was suddenly removed from access to his Facebook page, and also access using Skype. Never found out why.

Sometime after that I started getting what I think were psychic attacks. One evening I woke up with something next to my bed. It felt familiar. When I asked myself who it was, the answer was his lovely assistant. Yet instantly I also knew this was an imposter. The imposter hissed at me. I hissed back and went back to sleep.

Ref: Link to a PA post that Simon posted on Facebook

My gut feeling is that something is/was masquerading as Simon and Fran in the dream state to create fear and discourage contact. But it is always best to be your own psychic.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 22nd June 2016 at 20:21.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (22nd June 2016), Baby Steps (22nd June 2016), Bibi (23rd June 2016), BMJ (25th June 2016), Callista (23rd June 2016), Daozen (22nd June 2016), David Trd1 (23rd July 2019), drneglector (26th June 2016), Limor Wolf (22nd June 2016), Matthew (22nd June 2016), onawah (22nd June 2016), PRAGMAE (23rd June 2016)

19. Link to Post #110
    Ecuador Avalon Member Alberto e Daniela's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Becky has a direct connection with Simon and I think more input from her would be of value in this discussion, also Callista.
    I have no direct connection, but as a whistleblower, I think Simon is actually improving, if his discussions with Jay Pee on Wolf Spirit Radio are any indication.
    I hope Avalon doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Onawah,

if you had no direct connection, and are basing yourself on the public interviews, you are clearly referring to Simon's public figure. And there is no doubt that Simon's public talks are charming. That is precisely the main reason he gets so many requests for private readings and consultations.

Here the thread is about his private consultations, as experienced directly by several people.

We are talking about two different topics; you might consider them two different people. Haven't you ever seen someone who behaves in one way in public, and in another way when in private?

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Alberto e Daniela For This Post:

Agape (22nd June 2016), astridmari (31st July 2016), Bibi (23rd June 2016), Callista (23rd June 2016), Chester (22nd June 2016), Daozen (23rd June 2016), Debra (24th June 2016), DNA (10th November 2018), marique3652 (24th June 2016), Shannon (29th June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

21. Link to Post #111
    France Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I will be the "out of topic" guy on this one.

First of all I think we can all get the proper weapons to fight what targets us, on OUR OWN. By using spirituality for some, music for others, arts, conversation... It's not easy AT ALL, but it's possible.
    I won't go into personal details but I know alienation through a "hardcore mode" life start. Fun that I'm still here talking to someone and enjoying more and more this life
    I don't see the point to pay someone to help us through skype, wich is one more a CIA / IA maker / crazy data dealers tool than a reliable, FREE way to "connect" people. I'm an IT guy and I'm more and more disgusted with the web, darkweb, VR...

I live in france. I can't go to any conventions on our mutual subjects (whitleblowing), Simon's conferences or some other synapse climax meeting because there are none in this country.
    I tell you that because you people know more Simon than I do. And English isn't my native language, so I do what I can. by the way, sorry for the poor english, mistakes... Just want to send you love and strength with this post, 0 aggression.

The problem I see here is not about Simon. For me, he's the one who needs help and I tell that without even thinking of what happened to him when he was a child. I prefer focusing on the present.
    The man got a position, a knowledge and he do all he can to share it. Yes, it looks like sci fi but that's is the definition of whistleblowing (Wiki : Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction dealing with imaginative concepts such as futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, faster than light travel, parallel universes and extraterrestrial life...).
    With that definition I can see that : A=> media use and abuse of those two words to make us look like fools / B=> I'm 100% sci fi guy.

So I prefer sending what's left of my energy (and I got lot lot more !) to someone like him who can, eventually do something bigger to the mass. I don't understand why he went on this ground (healing thing). Others do this way better I think. Of course a therapist GOT to do all the things the client payed for, or make a refund with big apologies and a new therapist adress.

Here, I don't see a therapist or healer BUT I can say that his interviews (not only his) makes me feel better and give me hope. My mind is drinking all then try to analyze it. Honestly, it becomes a mess but I love it. The final picture of the puzzle looks horrible, I have to build it with a billion pieces, but I'll do my best. I'm even on a no white light mode and will do my best to test it if my mind is ready when the moment will come.

Simon's speech looks like sci fi. Yes, like all whistleblowers. Those guys live on earth, are human (got human shell), got anoyning friends/family members like us all, breath the same air, sickness...
    I tell that because I think we got to always remember those guys have the same stress/presion (maybe more) because there mind know (or belive / think) something higher uses strings to play with us. In my job, sometimes, I also doesn't respond to some clients because I can't / won't (not the good moment for me, or they are pushing me too much).

I think it's easier to fight when you don't know all the enemy forces because it awakes human feelings wich I think are degrading all kinds of patterns in the brain, reflexes, judgment... Wich deserves us when we really need to fight back.

When something is bad, you start to fight to make the situation better, even if you don't know who/what attacks you. Simon knows a lot (or think he knows, almost the same for the brain). He should focus (with all my respect) on his main task, kill the big eyeball in the sky / mass opening mind / third eye / brain connexions / human connexions and help less people but with a full-opened-heart mindset and stop his "Services" section (on his website).

Once again, sorry for the off topic, just wanna share with you my opinion and how a guy like Simon, even with his ups and downs (like all humans), help me.
    We are in a world were even whistleblowers are manipulated. Not an easy situation indeed.

Keep your money, work your own, don't spend years with pseudo masters / gurus, and I'm not talking about you Simon but more about the esoteric-school (lol) mentioned in the opening post. Do your best.

You people got the key in yourself, knowledge is accessible with the good eyes.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PRAGMAE For This Post:

Debra (24th June 2016), HaveBlue (23rd June 2016), marique3652 (24th June 2016), onawah (23rd June 2016)

23. Link to Post #112
    Language
    English
    Thanks

(Apologies again. I have asked Becky for permission to post her comments from the members only thread back here again, and that should be forthcoming. )

More good points and not at all off topic, I would say.
    Quote Posted by PRAGMAE (here)
    I will be the "out of topic" guy on this one.
    For anyone in this discussion who hasn't also seen the other concurrent discussion about Simon, I think this post especially from Becky in that thread is appropriate for this one as well:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1075140
    Quote Hi Onawah,

I just wanted to add some info which may help clarify matters on some of your concerns. I do Simon's bookings now, and I know Simon does not call what he does 'counselling' although he does have some natural counselling skills , the majority of his calls are just people who have questions and want to chat with him personally. He has many skypes with people which are just conversations and I would hazard a good guess that the people he's mentioned were people he had conversations with and were not counselling sessions. I do appreciate your concern and caution, but I can assure you Simon respects privacy highly.

I also wanted to add here (this is not in response to you Onawah) and not on the other thread, as I just don't want to add fuel to any fire there ...Simon is working tirelessly to get through as many past missed consultations, with mine and coordinators help in other countries, and to have consultations with new people who are requesting them. He literally has 1000's of emails to get through which I personally find very daunting, it's a big enough task when he gives me batches of 30 or so as each booking creates quite a bit of work. He also faces daily issues with his technology which is quite frustrating and sometimes several bookings from one day have to be rebooked as his computer network has been 'cut off' or skype quality which can be great suddenly takes a nose dive and is bad for days. Many people have problems connecting to him even when I'm there to talk them through it and then they get cut off many times (most of the time I'm at work so can't). Every week I leave 2-3 free slots for either emergency bookings or for missed consultations so people don't have to keep waiting weeks for another if theirs was missed due to poor skype connection. And every week these are filled!

Basically Simon does work very hard to see the people who want to see him, he often doesn't charge if people cant afford it, and he does many repeat consultations for those that need it. I know because I book them. And the vast majority of people are very happy with their experience. It's just when someone isn't that it's made public. I personally find this hard, but am doing my best to help keep things flowing smoothly, which sometimes is not easy! I hope people can understand and appreciate this.
    [Mod-edit: I restored the quoted material upon receiving Becky's permission, Hervé]
    Last edited by Hervé; 26th June 2016 at 14:32.
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

PRAGMAE (24th June 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (24th June 2016)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Don't see how this is off-topic ! Still focussed on SP ! Wish my French was as fluent as your English !

btw CC has also a French contact......... But , oddly enough she never replied to me..... R they looking to register potential recruits RH blood groups, or simply putting some on an ' exclusion list ', when the ' harvest starts... ! ' lol, [ perhaps ]

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

PRAGMAE (25th June 2016)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

[QUOTE=Ron Mauer Sr;1048913]
    Quote Posted by alexius (here)
    "Trust your fellow man but check up on him." I liked the part "check up on him".
    Attachment 32899
    Nic one Ron ! Reminds me of a Lady named Sarah Adams [ Bases Project ] who, in one of her Blogs suggested,
    " It OK to test friends... " ! Always evaluate the bridge before you cross :-))

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

tajgill (30th April 2018)

29. Link to Post #115
    United States Avalon Member Sean's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 times in 387 posts

I know I posted somewhere in this thread..but I want to reiterate that I think people GIVE AWAY THEIR POWER when they simply believe and trust the "Simon's" of the world. This guy tells bigger whoppers than Wilcock. Look..we all have the potential to connect to source..we don't need to go to anyone for a soul reading..there's plenty of credible information out there. Take it in, and discern. Keep the valuable, discard the rest. No one is saying that NO ONE is worth listening to. I'm saying the answers are inside, not outside..

I honestly think that the spiritual"industry" preys on the low self-esteem of others. We are all powerful souls..understand that, wake YOURSELF up, and read your own darn soul Stop depending on others who claim such powers and alien backgrounds,you(we) might have the same if you dig into yourself deep enough.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sean For This Post:

Agape (25th June 2016), Biff (25th June 2016), Chester (29th June 2016), Daozen (25th June 2016), drneglector (26th June 2016), happyuk (26th June 2016), Ines (25th June 2016), Pam (25th June 2016), PRAGMAE (25th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Wind (25th June 2016)

31. Link to Post #116
    United States Avalon Member Blue Radiance's Avatar
    Thanks

Daniela and Alberto, I'll just say you got off easy. My experiences with Simon were far worse than yours.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Radiance For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (14th January 2017), Chester (29th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

33. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member Blue Radiance's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

I'm bumping this important thread, and have something to say.

Much of the time I've not said a lot about Simon Parkes, apart from agreeing earlier (in my posts #9 and #31) that abandoning clients in the middle of a process, without warning or explanation, is a pretty unkind thing to do. At least! It's against the protocols of any qualified therapist that I know, whatever their discipline or ability. You just don't do that.

It's just now come to my attention, with all details supplied to me personally from a totally reliable source, that Simon is still doing this. I'm compelled to speak out with a clear personal statement.

In this most recent instance, not only did Simon break an agreement to get back to the person in question, but prior to that he had dumped a very harmful, heavy, and almost certainly incorrect judgement on them. If the person concerned hadn't been as tough as they are, they could have been flattened and really long-term damaged by that.

So, I'm saying this, on record.
    • Simon is not a qualified therapist.
    • He does not follow the protocols of a qualified therapist.
    • He breaks those protocols inasmuch as he frequently tells people things about themselves that may not be true in any way. That's 100% disempowering, and is 100% unethical.
    • It's on record that he frequently breaks appointments, abandons clients without reason or explanation, or in other ways fails to follow up on people who he may already have disempowered, or may have become dependent on him in some way. No qualified therapist does that, either.
    It's always been the case with myself (and many others, of course), that because I have a voice — or at least a bit of one — what I say or don't say is noticed, and apparent non-comment can often be misinterpreted as agreement, compliance, or maybe not even caring.

That's just not the case, of course. Sometimes I really don't know a lot, or don't have much value to add, and sometimes I'm just collecting more information so I can get really clear about things.

In Simon's instance, I've not known the facts with any high degree of certainty, beyond 3rd or 4th hand reports.

But now, I do.

I believe, with reason, that contracting Simon as a counselor might be subjecting oneself to harm, whether this is consciously intended by Simon or not.

So I'm now also saying: I cannot endorse or recommend Simon's counseling of anyone.
    Amen, Amen, & Amen!.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Radiance For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (14th January 2017), Chester (29th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

35. Link to Post #118
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,337 times in 4,610 posts

Quote Posted by workingactor (here)
    I know I posted somewhere in this thread..but I want to reiterate that I think people GIVE AWAY THEIR POWER when they simply believe and trust the "Simon's" of the world. This guy tells bigger whoppers than Wilcock. Look..we all have the potential to connect to source..we don't need to go to anyone for a soul reading..there's plenty of credible information out there. Take it in, and discern. Keep the valuable, discard the rest. No one is saying that NO ONE is worth listening to. I'm saying the answers are inside, not outside..

I honestly think that the spiritual"industry" preys on the low self-esteem of others. We are all powerful souls..understand that, wake YOURSELF up, and read your own darn soul Stop depending on others who claim such powers and alien backgrounds,you(we) might have the same if you dig into yourself deep enough.

Yes exactly about 'soul readings' and other type of 'knowledge' someone else is supposed to have on you, for you, instead of you.

I think I either posted or wrote and deleted this little bit but it's not enough to repeat many times to people till things change for better .
    There are millions ( literally ) of known and unknown gurus, therapists , healers, prophets, card and soul readers , magic experts , shamans and charlatans nowadays and there will be more of them with every next generation getting smarter and more informed .

Ask the average educated EU kid about Tarot reading or the Atlantis nowadays and they all know, sometimes , more than your 'average Avalonian'. It's just for the generation difference.
    Few decades ago, this was not a common knowledge except for 'initiated individuals' and 'circles'.
    It's turning to common entertainment today and it's also fairly logical that with more education in all from physics , biology, medicine , history and so on,
    children ask who are they and where do we come from and are eager to explore the answers.

But , you know, offering them an explanation for over-population that goes like ''this planet is being seeded by millions of Antareans, Andromedeans , Pleiadeans '' who are here to assist the 'transition process leaves your rationality somewhere behind the door .
    It's not much better than telling them ( and yourself ) than it all possibly is a magic trick and making was created by not-so-benevolent deity 6000 years ago.

It's what the society fancy-tailored of the few genuine cases of ET contact that actually happened .

It's why all the agencies warned you and want to have to do nothing with any of us and why no one went public for ages,
    fear of ridicule and character assassination is on one extreme end ... and attracting followers who all want or believe themselves to have experiences is on the other end .

They're both extremes but as if there's no decent option in between .

I'm going through this 'no option' process for so many years now it's feeling real bad , at any rate.

But the trend of 'faithers' and 'experiencers' is common , common 'threat' to many spiritual students and groups who gather around those claiming any sort of special experience because the ordinary , secular society is yearning for a piece of magic and miracle .
    There's no way how to apologise to people for having [or experiencing] things they don't or can't . People know there are short cuts even if unsafe,
    all from drugs to holotropic breathing , virtual reality, all kinds of methods that can make you to have psychic experience.

It's not what SPIRITUAL teachings are all about. Unfortunately , in the west and even among the academic circles people have ZERO idea about the original and authentic spiritual teachings and methods.
    All the society knows and clings to are methods being made and sold to them by another 'like them' people.

It's all FAKE. It can be very dangerous too.

It's not my teaching . My students and when I started to teach meditation and philosophy in Prague back in 1993 went through all the explorations of their own then they'd come back to tell me about it.
    I always told them to go and explore, why not. People always inquired about experiences and had to be explained how experiences are not a sign of spiritual achievement of any kind , maximally a mile stone on your way.

Talking on this over the net, for over too many years now, gets me nearly crazy . With the internet gurus talking down to me , exactly this person who guided others most carefully on their spiritual path ,
    and 'guesstimating me' for 'experiencer' , more exactly because I am not the type.
    Because coming from another culture and so forth, does not make you to talk that fast or with the level of confidence they're accustomed to here no matter what they do.

It needs no 'authority' to be arrogant in your judgements. Even the last of my meditation students would happen upon the 'experiencer' loop and suspect me from nescience .

People with IQs in the higher range should be smarter .

For being 'experiencers' you need no ufology club .

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

giovonni (25th June 2016), GoingOn (18th January 2017), onawah (25th June 2016), Sean (26th June 2016)

37. Link to Post #119
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

I see readings as entertainment. The information may or may not be useful, but can be fun to talk about and to stimulate one's imagination.

We are here to learn. Giving power away, dis-empowerment is not something I want to do.

"Trust your fellow man but check up on him" a wise man once told me. Excellent advice.

Edgar Cayce recommended, "Be your own psychic." He has a pretty good track record, although the information had too much of a religious flavor for me.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 25th June 2016 at 12:59.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Agape (25th June 2016), Chip (25th June 2016), giovonni (25th June 2016), Ines (25th June 2016), onawah (25th June 2016)

39. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,337 times in 4,610 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    I see readings as entertainment. The information may or may not be useful, but can be fun to talk about and to stimulate one's imagination.

We are here to learn. Giving power away, dis-empowerment is not something I want to do.

"Trust your fellow man but check up on him" a wise man once told me. Excellent advice.

Edgar Cayce recommended, "Be your own psychic." He has a pretty good track record, although the information had too much of a religious flavor for me.

People do , some people ..that is. Possibly many . If the teacher is genuine and after 'serious spiritual work' they will recognise that - of all things - in less than few minutes and they may decide to turn you away ,
    saying 'sorry [Ron] , I'm not doing this for entertainment' . I did say so to few people in days back , not too many actually, I've considered myself lucky for not being visited by trolls frequently but they're common in groups .

If you 'seriously spiritual' ( does not have to mean 'serious' ) some things are sort of , too 'under your gait' . If you're tuned to helping others and abiding on the frequency that is benevolent and can give blessings ,
    doing it 'for fun' would take yourself down together with the student.

It makes nothing wrong with 'doing things for fun' and being your own prophet .

In old times, the teacher would always have the option to turn a person away if they saw something impure in their minds that they could not fix, for example .
    With all the sources available online nowadays , everyone is a teacher .

Also the way people actually interact without seeing or knowing each other well but 'casting lots' , remote viewing and whatever viewing .. is more or less fun.

If you are genuine in your spiritual endeavours you would know how much /how many people can you deep process during a day .. a week, a year.
    Deeper you go and are, those numbers decrease .

I do get emails and all kinds of messages from people contacting me, intuitively over my testimony, all those years ..
    but my approach is very different . I try to say thanks in each case and allow the other share their story or answer their question to my best ability
    but I'd find myself in pickle if I tried to maintain regular contact with all those unknown individuals soon.
    I let people get to the point from where I see if I could be of any help . If I can't , I usually tell them too and try to close the conversation.
    Because there are many loners out there who really miss nothing but everyday chit-chat .
    It does not mean they're not worthy of me but this is just internet, with millions of people online and the truth is , they should not waste their precious time on me because someone , somewhere , have to be their 'right friend'.

Chit-chat even if 'spiritual sounding' is still not more than that .

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

giovonni (25th June 2016), onawah (25th June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 6 16 18 LastLast