+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Earth is a prison planet, or is it a school...?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Default Re: Do you think Earth is a prison planet, or is it a school...?

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Originally earth was a prison planet , located on the outer rim of the Milky way , ideal for criminals that other races wanted to keep away from their civilizations, so peace can rule the day ...
    So earth is/was like Australia...and now they let those crazy bastards travel all over the place so there hope for us yet! Yey!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

ghostrider (3rd March 2016), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), s7e6e (14th April 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 times in 321 posts

Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    let me ask you this. If your not supposed to go the light because youll be trapped by the lords of Karma where are you supposed to go. What else will the soul see when it dies I would image the only other thing there is is darkness. where the source be if it weren't in the light. Just a question.
    I think what you see after you die depends on your personal level of consciousness/evolution. This is what we are here to raise or not...freewill and all.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

Docim369 (14th April 2023), Icare (15th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Shannon (6th March 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 times in 321 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    There is truth in much of what has been posted. Innately we all knew this was not paradise. Deepak made a comment that suffering is not necessary after one comes into knowing why it exists in a certain circumstance. Its the old adage, once you know better, you do better. Schooling is in prison, Prison exists on all levels of learning and living. But its not that simple I think.
    After I read Voyagers by Ashayana Deane I got a resonance with the logistics of this planet. Of course we would have millions, billions of existence of life here and visitors from all realms leaving their footprint. And wars for dominion. That duality was part of the norm. And for me, I got over reincarnation when I realized it was a tool of the Fallen to keep us coming back to prison. Energy is fuel for the Fallen. Their energy source is finite so WE are the available supermarket. And rare it was to UNDERSTAND the mindset of the alien species so distant from hominid. So there began the long convoluted story that entangled our DNA our history our myths, our star gates, our broken treaties, our mistrust , our ego, our longevity, our suppressions. It made my thinking clear up and finalize one important thing. If I chose to be here at the most important awakening for humankind, to anchor love and discussion so be it. To overcome suffering of self, to be a steward in healing, then not all was lost. In the long range view, this is a Fallen planet that is undergoing its own ascension of consciousness because of us. Something of worth will be elevated. It will not show in this lifetime of ours, but the seeds are sown. In gratitude, I know we have all gathered for cause. And now we must raise our frequencies with pure intent to exit and never come back because the old Earth will not house our vibration, no need. We should set our sails for a new course, in higher dimensions because we are stronger, wiser simply from being here.
    so true...and failing is not an option
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

Icare (15th April 2023), Maybee (16th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Ron Mauer Sr (5th March 2016), Shannon (6th March 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

So I wrote the post below before I found this thread and read through it. It answered a little bit of some of my questions. I get that the whole Anunnaki myth is partially behind the idea of a Prison Planet. But I don't buy into that. People like Simon Parkes were talking about not going into the light. Frankly I'd do the opposite of whatever he has to say. But anyway, I'll bump this thread with my rant. Maybe we can get more thoughts about it.

My post:
    I was thinking today about the idea that we on Earth are living in a Matrix, or a sort of Prison. This seem like a semi-popular idea lately, along with the Light Trap at death. In contrast to this is the idea that Earth (or LIFE) is part of a greater scheme of Spiritual Evolution in which we are subjected, or subject our SELVES to the Good and Bad of living on different dimensions, with all of Life on this great Wheel of Spiritual Evolution.

Near Death Experiences seem to confirm the idea of Spiritual Evolution, in my opinion, with Life After Death and Life Between Lives confirming that we are in a School; that our Higher Selves CHOOSE to be here on Earth at this time.

Personally I don't buy into the Prison Planet or Matrix idea. I wonder how old this idea is though. Like who first started saying these things? I know older systems like Theosophy allowed for an Evil presence on Earth and in the scheme of Evolution, but it had its place and no way is to succeed in totally capturing our world. I don't know! I'm out of the loop on this stuff, really.

So what are your thoughts on this? Earth -- Prison and Matrix, or School of Evolution?

The idea of Spiritual Evolution is very old. It seems to me that people who speak about the Matrix and Light Traps are making it up, and have no real evidence of it. . That's how I see it. Who first spoke about this Prison Planet? Who first spoke about Light Traps and Soul Harvesting? Did it all start with the Abduction phenomenon last century?

These ideas don't seem to coalesce in my mind. Like, if this is Prison Planet, and the wonderful things most people experience in NDE's is all lies, then where does that leave Spirituality in general. Is it ALL a ruse made up by some Alien race or beings that keep us enslaved?

Thanks for bearing with me and my thoughts today. Help me, if you will, to reconcile these Ideas and how they might fit together. Can we have a Prison Planet AND Spiritual Evolution?

Thanks again.

-Kalamos

Quote Posted by Michi (here)
    Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    let me ask you this. If your not supposed to go the light because youll be trapped by the lords of Karma where are you supposed to go. What else will the soul see when it dies I would image the only other thing there is is darkness. where the source be if it weren't in the light. Just a question.
    I don't think, one is SUPPOSED to go anywhere. One should choose whatever one wants to do/learn next.

As I understand, it's like this:

Quote ... Here, I believe, it’s a good idea to put up a list, in order to easier absorb the information I’m about to give you:

1. Instead of letting yourself be “hypnotized” by its attraction, turn and look in the opposite direction (you will have 360° vision, and you can still concentrate on looking in a certain direction) and move away from the Tunnel (you do this by “thinking” yourself as moving — it’s all about thoughts and intention in this dimension).

Remember, you, as a soul of Fire, are far stronger than the centrifugal force that pulls you toward the Tunnel. Don’t try to fight it — that’s not the way to do it. Instead, think yourself away from it!

The Tunnel with the Light on the other side of it is a sophisticated hologram, and all you need to do is to think yourself in another direction, and the Tunnel will fade away.

2. Soon you will see the Grid as a fuzzy “barrier” in front of you, or above you (there are no ups and downs or left and right in space). You will also see that it has holes in it — like a Swiss cheese. Move through one of these holes.

3. You will now see the Universe the way it is, i.e. you will now be truly interdimensional. This means you will see a much larger universe than you are used to.
    and:
    4. As a Fire riding an Avatar, you are now free to go more or less anywhere in the Universe. I talked earlier about “Universities” — that certain star systems work as universities do here on Earth.

You may go there and explore what they have to offer, to see if it interests you, but the more appropriate or easier way would be to first know what you want to do or what you want to learn.

Let’s say you want to learn about how to build interdimensional space crafts. Then you think yourself to a university that teaches that, and you will nanotravel there as fast as you think it. As I see it, you need to concentrate on that thought, so it becomes dominant over your other thoughts at that moment — that’s all you need to do.
    (from http://humansarefree.com/2015/03/escape-their-trap-and-set-your-soul-free.html)
    P.S. to add: that article that they quoted just seems juvenile. And people like Wes Penre add to the hysteria (IMO) that Earth is a prison and that you can just choose to go elsewhere upon death, and fly away to another planet. "JUST DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT!!1"
    Last edited by Kalamos; 14th April 2023 at 04:16.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

Harmony (14th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (14th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), pueblo (16th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2023), Wind (14th April 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Thanks for reviving this thread Kalamos!

Many of us here have no doubt been asking the same questions as you do.

Who started the idea of a Prison Planet? It would make an interesting study to figure that out. Maybe "Plato's Cave" is one indication? The reality we know and live in "here", is not Reality. Making this more like a sort of prison where we have to "escape from" (= by Spiritual Evolving). But that would make "school" a kind of "punishment" (and I don't see it as such).

PK Dick came up with his concept of a BIP (Black Iron Prison). He also is known to have said: "If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others." He said that during his famous speech in Metz, France in September 1977 (here is a link, it is definitely worth listening to if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SxTm_LQW4 )

PK Dick was a sort of modern gnostic (he may not have agreed with that though, being a gnostic). And the entire idea of the Pleroma, the Demiurge, illusionary world (= material universe) is very well explained by the main Gnostic teachings. While I myself don't adhere any type of "religion/philosophy/teaching", I can see the value in many. So, it is always good and useful to study them but I don't think it is needed to "join" any creed; we are enough "by Our Selves", and yes, we can definitely assist one another.

Is it not so that one learns so much more ŕnd faster in a "harsh environment" than while being in a peaceful place? We can trust in my opinion our Higher Selves on this (or any other name you give the HS). It knows way better than we - while living from and with our personality - what we need at any time and place. That is indeed Spiritual Evolution and quite a lot of sources have stated that this planet Earth is one of the fastest tracks any soul can pick to learn a lot and fast.

Ecologist Edgar Silver is another one who is said to have developed the "prison planet theory". It can be true or not, but he comes up with some interesting facts and theories:

Silver contends that we are not an evolutionary product of this world but, rather, visitors that found ourselves on Earth relatively recently in the geographical timescale.

Silver goes on to argue that we may have come to Earth anywhere between tens of thousands of years ago to hundreds of thousands of years ago before breeding with earlier developed species such as the Neanderthals, causing us to become the hybrid species we know as humans today.

According to Silver, it all starts with the fact that we, as a species, really don’t belong here on Earth. As Silver acknowledges, humans are unlike any other species found here on Earth in terms of both mental capacity and intelligence. There is, in fact, no species on Earth that can contend with humankind’s ability to create, philosophize, and advance in a technological sense. And that’s not Silver’s only argument to suggest that humankind originated elsewhere in the Universe.

Silver also states that humans possess many physiological characteristics that suggest we didn’t originally develop here on Earth. In fact, Silver lists a variety of differences between us and nearly every other lifeform found on Earth. According to Silver, these differences can be observed as early on as the beginning of our lives.

The first example Silver offers is the fact that human mothers experience both complications and pain during natural childbirth that is not witnessed elsewhere in the animal kingdom. While it can be argued that many of these complications may be due to the size of a baby human’s head, Silver argues that there is no basis for this to be normal if this is a result of evolutionary progression.

Silver also argues that human babies are virtually helpless for years after birth, developing excruciatingly slowly when compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. Within the animal kingdom, rather, it is the norm for babies to become fairly self-sufficient in a rapid amount of time. While this may seem like enough to make you raise an eyebrow, there is still much that Silver has to say.

Silver goes on to note that as humans age, we display certain anomalous traits that we don’t share with other members of the animal kingdom. He cites the fact that we are extraordinarily prone to developing chronic illnesses, that we are weak to the impact of the sun (we are the only species that experiences sunburn), and that the range of frequencies that we can hear is relatively low compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. Silver even goes on to cite the reason that humans are so prone to back issues as being the gravitational difference between Earth and our homeworld.

While there are a number of other interesting differences between the human race and the majority of the animal kingdom that Silver goes on to highlight, it seems that he is of the opinion that our bodies are not well-suited for the Earthly environment. As he says:

My thesis proposes that mankind did not evolve from that particular strain of life (native earth organisms), but evolved elsewhere and was transported to Earth between 60,000 and 200,000 years ago. Mankind is supposedly the most highly developed species on the planet, yet is surprisingly unsuited and ill-equipped for Earth’s environment: harmed by sunlight, a strong dislike for naturally occurring foods, ridiculously high rates of chronic disease, and more. This suggests (to me at least) that mankind may have evolved on a different planet, and we may have been brought here as a highly developed species. The Earth approximately meets our needs as a species, but perhaps not as strongly as whoever brought us here initially thought.

Bizarrely, he believes Earth could actually be some kind of galactic jail.

“The Earth might be a prison planet, since we seem to be a naturally violent species and we’re here until we learn to behave ourselves,” he added.

(Source: https://medium.com/inside-the-simula...t-5b9958cc444a)

Like Ellis Silver, there are many other similar theories. Personally I prefer to rely on personal experiences and take anything I read or hear about as a useful tool to explore (reality as I know it now).

The idea of a Matrix is quite new (as a word anyway). I discovered two books recently that support the concept of a holographic (matrixlike) reality/univese we live in. The author is Rizwan Virk. His books "The Simulation Hypothesis" and "The Simulated Multiverse" are good and very informative. Worth reading for sure.

Howdie Mickoski also wrote a good book: "Exit the Cave", and also considers "where we are" much as a sort of prison planet.

There are so many re-sources and I think it's best to use our personal Intuition and Discernment to come to a (temporary) conclusion and be willing to adapt our beliefsystem as we go along. The Experiences will follow as we ask for clarity.

About the Light Trap... whether it is or is not, both can be argumented for or against I think. I do think that the method of "recapitulation" (Life Review) Mickoski writes about will be useful in any case. Even while we still are "alive" here and now.

As you wrote Kalamos: "Can we have a Prison Planet AND Spiritual Evolution?", I would tend to say "YES", yet I would not really call this a "Prison Planet". Maybe more a "Tough School for Fast Spiritual Advancement"?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Harmony (14th April 2023), Kalamos (14th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th April 2023), Michi (14th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), pueblo (16th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2023)

11. Link to Post #26
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,317 times in 269 posts

To answer the question requires we first state our metaphysical assumptions concerning the nature and place of this present mortal incarnated life.

Mine are that this finite mortal life comes between an eternal (unbounded) pre-mortal life in which we we spirit-beings (not incarnated); and after death the possibility - for those who choose it - of resurrected eternal life in Heaven.

For those who choose resurrection, this life is a temporary place for learning; and what we learn is carried forward into everlasting post-mortal life.

But not everybody chooses resurrection - and some of those choose to remain in this stage of life (by a kind of 'deal' with demonic powers); in which case it is a prison.

There are also other possibilities.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Antagenet (18th April 2023), Harmony (14th April 2023), Jambo (14th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (14th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), pueblo (16th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2023)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    U]My thesis proposes that mankind did not evolve from that particular strain of life (native earth organisms), but evolved elsewhere and was transported to Earth between 60,000 and 200,000 years ago. Mankind is supposedly the most highly developed species on the planet, yet is surprisingly unsuited and ill-equipped for Earth’s environment: harmed by sunlight, a strong dislike for naturally occurring foods, ridiculously high rates of chronic disease, and more. This suggests (to me at least) that mankind may have evolved on a different planet, and we may have been brought here as a highly developed species. The Earth approximately meets our needs as a species, but perhaps not as strongly as whoever brought us here initially thought.
    [/U]

“The Earth might be a prison planet, since we seem to be a naturally violent species and we’re here until we learn to behave ourselves,” he added.

I can totally believe Silver's thesis. I've been thinking along those lines the last couple of years. I think we were implanted on Earth. And hopefully, there is a plan for us to evolve from here.

Thanks, Bruce and Johan for your replies.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (15th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), pueblo (16th April 2023)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

"Do you think Earth is a prison planet, or is it a school...?"

Lol aren't they the same thing? ;D
    Last edited by Pris; 16th April 2023 at 03:50.
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Franny (16th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), Mike Gorman (16th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), pueblo (16th April 2023), Vicus (16th April 2023)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I recall my own personal response to having to attend school. I was raised as a good Catholic boy, my father insisted that all of his children would be brought up in the Catholic faith, this was a common enough situation back in the late 50's and 1960's. there was a Catholic primary school in the city of Chester, it was called St Werburgh's who was the patron saint of the city of Chester; this city is ancient, founded in A.D 72 and developed by the invading Roman army who built walls around the city and it has extensive archeological 'diggings' with an amphitheater adjacent to the Catholic convent school my sister was compelled to attend. Anyway, I did not like this school, it was difficult to get to on time, being in the city CBD, the edifice of the building was very grim and looked like you imagine institutions from the era of Charles Dickens to look, exactly like that!
    By the 3rd day of attending this school I was screaming and clinging on to the school gate - I had to be dragged into the school yard. This was not a good beginning of my academic career.
    I hated school, not merely disliking it, and even when my mother insisted that I be taken from this archaic, backward St Werburgh's and attend the much nearer state primary school which was much more enlightened and humane, the damage had been done, and I developed an 'antisocial' attitude, I resisted and held school in contempt.
    I was a naturally upbeat kind of kid, I loved exploring and discovering things for myself.
    My reading was prodigious, I developed a taste for Science, Medicine, Engineering and Biology - I was reading books well in advance of my years, which turns out to be a teaching method that is widely practiced today, expose the child to information ahead of the kid's present level of comprehension and see what happens: this does not suit all children, but for some it is a 'magic doorway' into advancing their intellect and comprehension.
    This puzzled my teachers, because they knew I was pretty clever, I was articulate and skeptical, but also willing to reveal my learning and to assist others with this insight.
    We know that imposed, and authoritarian styles of learning are not ideal, this suits certain types of people more than others, for a great many 'good children' this initiates them into becoming complaint, cooperative citizens who respect official forms of restriction: probably not for many of us, here on this forum, I suspect many of us were the "Naughty Kids" of our schools, correct me if I am wrong here.
    We know that school/prison are too much alike, with school obviously being a more benign version of a prison, but definitely possessing many of its features.
    This planet is beautiful, it is unique, probably quite rare among the billions of lifeless planets in the universe, but I am certain there are abundant other "Earths" and people just like us who aspire to understand their existence and to learn about this universe.
    We have made the planet punitive, and prison-like, but of course this does not have to be case, POWER is the principle reason for why we organize our societies like we do, people love to have power over what goes down, and how others are to live - none of this needs to be the way it is, and this is the whole point. To Be Continued...

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Chip (17th April 2023), happyuk (9th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Pris (18th April 2023), pueblo (16th April 2023)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    I recall my own personal response to having to attend school. I was raised as a good Catholic boy, my father insisted that all of his children would be brought up in the Catholic faith, this was a common enough situation back in the late 50's and 1960's. there was a Catholic primary school in the city of Chester, it was called St Werburgh's who was the patron saint of the city of Chester; this city is ancient, founded in A.D 72 and developed by the invading Roman army who built walls around the city and it has extensive archeological 'diggings' with an amphitheater adjacent to the Catholic convent school my sister was compelled to attend. Anyway, I did not like this school, it was difficult to get to on time, being in the city CBD, the edifice of the building was very grim and looked like you imagine institutions from the era of Charles Dickens to look, exactly like that!
    By the 3rd day of attending this school I was screaming and clinging on to the school gate - I had to be dragged into the school yard. This was not a good beginning of my academic career.
    I hated school, not merely disliking it, and even when my mother insisted that I be taken from this archaic, backward St Werburgh's and attend the much nearer state primary school which was much more enlightened and humane, the damage had been done, and I developed an 'antisocial' attitude, I resisted and held school in contempt.
    I was a naturally upbeat kind of kid, I loved exploring and discovering things for myself.
    My reading was prodigious, I developed a taste for Science, Medicine, Engineering and Biology - I was reading books well in advance of my years, which turns out to be a teaching method that is widely practiced today, expose the child to information ahead of the kid's present level of comprehension and see what happens: this does not suit all children, but for some it is a 'magic doorway' into advancing their intellect and comprehension.
    This puzzled my teachers, because they knew I was pretty clever, I was articulate and skeptical, but also willing to reveal my learning and to assist others with this insight.
    We know that imposed, and authoritarian styles of learning are not ideal, this suits certain types of people more than others, for a great many 'good children' this initiates them into becoming complaint, cooperative citizens who respect official forms of restriction: probably not for many of us, here on this forum, I suspect many of us were the "Naughty Kids" of our schools, correct me if I am wrong here.
    We know that school/prison are too much alike, with school obviously being a more benign version of a prison, but definitely possessing many of its features.
    This planet is beautiful, it is unique, probably quite rare among the billions of lifeless planets in the universe, but I am certain there are abundant other "Earths" and people just like us who aspire to understand their existence and to learn about this universe.
    We have made the planet punitive, and prison-like, but of course this does not have to be case, POWER is the principle reason for why we organize our societies like we do, people love to have power over what goes down, and how others are to live - none of this needs to be the way it is, and this is the whole point. To Be Continued...
    “Naughty kids” represent! Seems that you turned out well, and IMO I did too.

But I am not too worried that the ‘good, compliant kids’ make life hell here. Earth is (IMO) indeed a school, a place to face our own corresponding weakness. That idea says that what makes us vibrate, is in us too, and that that discomfit is a signal of a change we can make to refine ourself.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Wind (16th April 2023)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    Thanks for reviving this thread Kalamos!

Many of us here have no doubt been asking the same questions as you do.

Who started the idea of a Prison Planet? It would make an interesting study to figure that out. Maybe "Plato's Cave" is one indication? The reality we know and live in "here", is not Reality. Making this more like a sort of prison where we have to "escape from" (= by Spiritual Evolving). But that would make "school" a kind of "punishment" (and I don't see it as such).

PK Dick came up with his concept of a BIP (Black Iron Prison). He also is known to have said: "If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others." He said that during his famous speech in Metz, France in September 1977 (here is a link, it is definitely worth listening to if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SxTm_LQW4 )

PK Dick was a sort of modern gnostic (he may not have agreed with that though, being a gnostic). And the entire idea of the Pleroma, the Demiurge, illusionary world (= material universe) is very well explained by the main Gnostic teachings. While I myself don't adhere any type of "religion/philosophy/teaching", I can see the value in many. So, it is always good and useful to study them but I don't think it is needed to "join" any creed; we are enough "by Our Selves", and yes, we can definitely assist one another.

Is it not so that one learns so much more ŕnd faster in a "harsh environment" than while being in a peaceful place? We can trust in my opinion our Higher Selves on this (or any other name you give the HS). It knows way better than we - while living from and with our personality - what we need at any time and place. That is indeed Spiritual Evolution and quite a lot of sources have stated that this planet Earth is one of the fastest tracks any soul can pick to learn a lot and fast.

Ecologist Edgar Silver is another one who is said to have developed the "prison planet theory". It can be true or not, but he comes up with some interesting facts and theories:

Silver contends that we are not an evolutionary product of this world but, rather, visitors that found ourselves on Earth relatively recently in the geographical timescale.

Silver goes on to argue that we may have come to Earth anywhere between tens of thousands of years ago to hundreds of thousands of years ago before breeding with earlier developed species such as the Neanderthals, causing us to become the hybrid species we know as humans today.

According to Silver, it all starts with the fact that we, as a species, really don’t belong here on Earth. As Silver acknowledges, humans are unlike any other species found here on Earth in terms of both mental capacity and intelligence. There is, in fact, no species on Earth that can contend with humankind’s ability to create, philosophize, and advance in a technological sense. And that’s not Silver’s only argument to suggest that humankind originated elsewhere in the Universe.

Silver also states that humans possess many physiological characteristics that suggest we didn’t originally develop here on Earth. In fact, Silver lists a variety of differences between us and nearly every other lifeform found on Earth. According to Silver, these differences can be observed as early on as the beginning of our lives.

The first example Silver offers is the fact that human mothers experience both complications and pain during natural childbirth that is not witnessed elsewhere in the animal kingdom. While it can be argued that many of these complications may be due to the size of a baby human’s head, Silver argues that there is no basis for this to be normal if this is a result of evolutionary progression.

Silver also argues that human babies are virtually helpless for years after birth, developing excruciatingly slowly when compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. Within the animal kingdom, rather, it is the norm for babies to become fairly self-sufficient in a rapid amount of time. While this may seem like enough to make you raise an eyebrow, there is still much that Silver has to say.

Silver goes on to note that as humans age, we display certain anomalous traits that we don’t share with other members of the animal kingdom. He cites the fact that we are extraordinarily prone to developing chronic illnesses, that we are weak to the impact of the sun (we are the only species that experiences sunburn), and that the range of frequencies that we can hear is relatively low compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. Silver even goes on to cite the reason that humans are so prone to back issues as being the gravitational difference between Earth and our homeworld.

While there are a number of other interesting differences between the human race and the majority of the animal kingdom that Silver goes on to highlight, it seems that he is of the opinion that our bodies are not well-suited for the Earthly environment. As he says:

My thesis proposes that mankind did not evolve from that particular strain of life (native earth organisms), but evolved elsewhere and was transported to Earth between 60,000 and 200,000 years ago. Mankind is supposedly the most highly developed species on the planet, yet is surprisingly unsuited and ill-equipped for Earth’s environment: harmed by sunlight, a strong dislike for naturally occurring foods, ridiculously high rates of chronic disease, and more. This suggests (to me at least) that mankind may have evolved on a different planet, and we may have been brought here as a highly developed species. The Earth approximately meets our needs as a species, but perhaps not as strongly as whoever brought us here initially thought.

Like Ellis Silver, there are many other similar theories. Personally I prefer to rely on personal experiences and take anything I read or hear about as a useful tool to explore (reality as I know it now).

The idea of a Matrix is quite new (as a word anyway). I discovered two books recently that support the concept of a holographic (matrixlike) reality/univese we live in. The author is Rizwan Virk. His books "The Simulation Hypothesis" and "The Simulated Multiverse" are good and very informative. Worth reading for sure.

Howdie Mickoski also wrote a good book: "Exit the Cave", and also considers "where we are" much as a sort of prison planet.

There are so many re-sources and I think it's best to use our personal Intuition and Discernment to come to a (temporary) conclusion and be willing to adapt our beliefsystem as we go along. The Experiences will follow as we ask for clarity.

About the Light Trap... whether it is or is not, both can be argumented for or against I think. I do think that the method of "recapitulation" (Life Review) Mickoski writes about will be useful in any case. Even while we still are "alive" here and now.

As you wrote Kalamos: "Can we have a Prison Planet AND Spiritual Evolution?", I would tend to say "YES", yet I would not really call this a "Prison Planet". Maybe more a "Tough School for Fast Spiritual Advancement"?
    This post is incredibly interesting. Thank you for your suggestions of reading material. I have already discovered Howdie Mickoski and of course PK Dick.

I would like to add another huge point about humans and the whole evolution concept. Why would we "evolve" to not be able to survive without clothing in many climates? That alone has always, since I was a child blown the whole "evolution" process for me. It just makes no sense. I see no signs of evolution in the Darwinian sense at all. What I have observed in nature is the ability of adaption to be magnificent and it can occur quickly. If one spends a lot of time in nature you can see the incredible degree in which life forms can adapt to survive. I have no belief whatsoever that the human species evolved from another species on this planet in the fashion I was taught.

I do adhere to the simulation model, but I don't feel confident that I understand the form in which this is a simulation. Maybe a better term would be I see it as a construct. It seems a rather cruel construct in the fact that energy transfer is frequently exchanged in the predator/prey model. Lives must be taken so we can survive. With the introduction of corporate farming it has become a cruel mockery of living creatures and flora, they have in no way been exempted from the inversion/prison element that I see here.This predator /prey seems to be unnecessary to me, it is something we are so used to because we have accepted cognitive dissonance as a way of being. I suspect it is the only way we could exist. So just to exist in this construct we have to suppress or lie or omit aspects of what is happening just to exist here. That, or we would have to have no empathy, in other words we would need to sociopathic. In that sense this seems to have prison like qualities.

I still have many unanswered questions about the nature of our role here and the nature of the construct, but it is incredibly interesting to me. Thanks, Kalamos, for bringing this subject matter back to light(pun intended). teeheee...... Your questions are thoughtful and pertinent.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Franny (16th April 2023), Icare (21st April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), Moss Rose (16th April 2023), Orph (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (17th April 2023)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Pris (here)

No although towards the end of school I started to hate it and it felt like a prison.

There were many reasons for it though. It wasn't fertile soil for learning.

If you feel that life is a prison then that's just your feeling and not the truth. However, feeling that something is very "wrong" on this planet means that you are not a conformist nor a truly crazy person. Because only a truly crazy person would think that this is the best we can have. No, this is almost the worst we can have (spiritually speaking), but this is Kali Yuga after all which is the spiritual dark age which is thankfully near it's end. Capitalism (with the help of the totally insane military industrial complex and warhawks in many countries) and people are destroying the planet. The demonic forces are having the upper hand, but the night is darkest just before the dawn. It won't be always like this.

Eight billion souls have wanted to come here even during these insane times, that alone should tell something. We aren't here so much to enjoy than we are here to learn and to evolve our consciousness. This is a really hard, and painful school. Who likes pain? No one of course, except maybe for the sadomasochists. Yet there's lots of beauty too, in fact the light can shine far brighter in the dark.

The beautiful lotus flower grows and thrives in the mud.
    Last edited by Wind; 16th April 2023 at 19:44.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Antagenet (18th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), Maybee (16th April 2023), Pam (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (17th April 2023)

25. Link to Post #33
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 times in 432 posts

We have manifested in these bodies in order to learn things we cannot when we are pure consciousness.

Perhaps we have all already lived infinite lives while the game was easy, now the game has more rules and is more difficult so we can experience new things.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

Antagenet (18th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), ronny (18th April 2023), Wind (16th April 2023)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,289 times in 1,657 posts

What can Be Serious for a Man in Prison?

“If a man could understand all the horror of the lives of ordinary people who are turning around in a circle of insignificant interests and insignificant aims, if he could understand what they are losing, he would understand that there can only be one thing that is serious for him — to escape from the general law, to be free. What can be serious for a man in prison who is condemned to death? Only one thing: How to save himself, how to escape: nothing else is serious.”

– G. I. Gurdjieff

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Antagenet (18th April 2023), Franny (16th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Kalamos (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (17th April 2023), Wind (16th April 2023)

29. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 811 posts

I will place the below here but mods please delete or move if considered off topic.

I find this of interest as I have not read the concept before.
    It is some posts by Direne who seems to be part of the Forgotten Languages group.

The quotes are in order of being made ...

Quote Stasis is a complex procedure. You can slow down the aging and deterioration of the body by supplying biological fluids that slow down its deterioration, but you cannot do the same with the brain.

Assuming that consciousness resides in the brain, you must find a way to keep it fed with the bioliquids it needs. Suppose you succeed. Even so, you must now keep the brain functioning to prevent its deterioration, and you must respect its cycles of stimulation and sleep.

To do this, you must supply him with synthetic dreams and substances that make it believe that it is interacting with the environment, for which you use specific drugs. These chemical realities must be consistent with the idea of aging: no one wants to go into stasis at 25 and wake up at 35, so in the chemical realities you design you must simulate the biological aging factor.

If you wish to travel to the Alpha Mensae star-system, located about 33 light years distant from the Sun, and if your starship travels at 0.9c for 33 years, onboard time will be 14,38 years. That is, the 25-year old crew members will wake up 33 years after, being 64 years old.

The interesting destinations from the point of view of habitability for your species are 100 light years away from Earth, so even traveling at the maximum possible speed you will reach them when you are about 70 years old. If you want to be 25 years old by the time you reach your destination, your stasis process should allow you to subtract 45 years from your life.

The process is, as you can see, unfeasible. Not because in the future you cannot delay the aging of the body by 45 years (you will), but because brain development cannot be slowed down or stopped without causing irreparable cognitive damage.

You must find a way to "bottle" consciousness without needing a body.

Quote Suppose you belong to a hypercivilization in the Alpha Mensae solar system, i.e., you are capable of manufacturing space vehicles that travel at the speed of light. Suppose your species is biological. Suppose you face no existential risk and yet you wish to travel to Earth. Suppose that, despite all this, consciousness cannot be separated from its substrate, the brain.

Under these conditions the question arises as to whether you really need to travel to experience what the Earth is like.

As you can see, even being a hypercivilization, the biological limit is insurmountable for your trip. However, that does not prevent you from visiting Earth and experiencing it. It would be enough for you to lie down in a room and inject into your brain all the simulations of the Earth that you have collected by probes. Remember that your probes can travel to Earth, but you cannot. Your simulations are so realistic that, for all intents and purposes, your brain cannot distinguish them from reality. For all intents and purposes it is as if you were on Earth.

Your simulations are so accurate that you can simulate the feel of fine beach sand, the smell of wet grass, the thousand colors of a sunset, frosted wastelands, an iceberg, or a jungle with its animals and sounds. Nothing in your brain, absolutely nothing, can distinguish the experience of a simulated Earth from the real Earth.

You can even simulate interaction with humans (a simulated one, that is). Your probes recorded all that when they visited Earth (when they moved slowly over fields collecting data, when they flew over oceans and lakes, when they plunged into storms, or when they scanned a poor farmer on a deserted road).

You don't need to travel to other planets to recreate them exactly in your brain. Your probes do.

This raises the question: what if everything you are experiencing right now is nothing more than a simulation of what it would be like to be a human being on a planet called Earth?

What if, after all, you are the real alien from Alpha Mensae right now? There was never a Fermi Paradox. Relax: we can stop the simulation the moment you really wish.

Quote .... we must rest assured you are aware you do exist. Reality is what it is simulated, not you.

The only thing that separates you from insanity in a '___'verse hallucination is precisely to ensure that you know that no matter how strange everything seems to you, at least you exist. A simulation in which your ego dissolves and no longer knows how to be you would be fatal and cognitively lethal.

That you doubt whether you live in a simulation or not is what keeps you sane.

Quote .... if the simulation of reality were perfect then it would be indistinguishable from reality and, therefore, the simulation would be reality. There would be no difference whatsoever, so one need not worry about whether or not one is living in a simulation.

Conversely, if the simulation were not perfect then it would not work and would not be of much use. It would only be a dubious entertainment.

If the simulation were perfect, all past, present and future events would be pre-programmed and free will would not exist. Things would not happen because one decides this or that: they would happen because the simulation requires it. In that case there would be nothing to learn from the simulation and, again, it would serve no purpose.

The only possibility is to simulate the environment, but not the agents, and let them act freely and make autonomous decisions. Only then would the simulation be of interest.

In other words: the truly terrifying thing about a hallucination is not how realistic it seems, but the fact that even knowing that it is a hallucination, it is terrifying.

The fun of a roller coaster is not in not knowing that it is just an entertainment: the fun is that even knowing that nothing can happen to you (except a catastrophic failure), despite that, it scares you and gives you an adrenaline rush.

The truth is that your reality is a simulation. You made it when you decided to create universes and see what possibilities there were to inhabit them, in order to escape from a universe in which you lived and which was collapsing.

(There are no other civilizations. There is only one: you. You reached the peak of your development, you colonized entire galaxies and the entire universe, a universe that was beginning to collapse. And you learned to create universes, to simulate them, to study whether or not they were habitable for you and your species. That's what you did. In the future.)

Quote I don't know if you are familiar with the aestivation hypothesis. According to that hypothesis, once a civilization goes from type D (data) to type I (information), and from there to type K (knowledge), it enters a state called aestivation.

It is a state of quiescence, a chrysalis state. It remains in that state waiting for the temperature of the universe to be low enough to be able to use the final computation, the one that will allow it to become an E (experience) civilization. Do not forget that the thermodynamics of computation make the cost of a certain amount of computation proportional to the temperature.

According to the aestivation hypothesis, as the universe cools down, one Joule of energy is worth proportionally more, which yields a substantial (10 to the 30) gain. Hence a civilization desiring to maximize the amount of computation will want to use its energy endowment as late as possible: using it now means far less total computation can be done.

See, a civilization only has a fixed location in her infancy. Planets and stars are unstable and change. The civilization must then move. Worse, the Universe will eventually collapse, hence an E-civilization must move on to the next Universe, or create one in order to escape the collapse.

That state of aestivation explains why you don't see aliens: they are aestivating.

You will dream that you are in a dock of a huge spaceship, performing maintenance tasks, verifying that the life support system is working properly for each of the millions of capsules inside which you and yours sleep waiting for the moment when the temperature of the universe is low enough to allow you to perform the great experiment: to create the new universe. And jump into it.

Yes, I understand you feel it is a shame you have to go through all this what seems like eternal suffering, but it is necessary for your awakening to be adequate. I am sure you understand, and I am sure that, in your dreams, you have already guessed who you really are and why we are all together waiting for the moment.

(Keeping you alive inside your capsule for millions of years is complicated, but I'll take care of everything. Don't be afraid. When the time comes, you will be God. And I will cease, just as you programmed.).

Quote Is not whether the Universe is a simulation or not (is not). It is whether you are dreaming of a Universe, or not. You are very real, and the Universe is very real. You are a very real person, in a state of stasis, dreaming in a real Universe.
    And when what you dream seems very real to you, there is nothing in the Universe that can convince you that everything is simply a dream.

And if you also belong to a civilization that needs to survive the collapse of its Universe, and if to do so you must be in stasis, and if finally in stasis you must dream in order not to go mad, then... you must care little about the difference between the real and the dreamed.

You should care when you wake up. Although I know that on that day you will have lost faith in what is or is not real.

The simulation you created was so perfect that you forgot to implement a mechanism to let you know where the simulation starts and where it ends. Eight billion beings dreaming of each other in a ship in complete silence and darkness. Waiting to wake up, yet they will not be able to know that they have already woken up or not.

Being dead and not knowing it is much worse than simply being dead. To be alive and not know it is also a form of being dead. There is no superintelligence that can help you solve the dilemma.

(I've always marveled at all the universes that fit in a sleeping human brain, really).

It is a different concept to 'prison or school'!
    Just thought you may like to read it?
    Last edited by lake; 16th April 2023 at 20:26.
    Normal..!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (16th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th April 2023), Kalamos (17th April 2023), Orph (16th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Quote Posted by Pris (here)

No although towards the end of school I started to hate it and it felt like a prison.

Kids don't have much experience. As we grow up, we learn what a prison is. We learn to recognize it. Then, we look around and realize, "Yes, this is a prison."

If you feel that life is a prison then that's just your feeling and not the truth.

Here, I suggested that "prison" and "school" may be the same thing with relation to Earth. Life on Earth may indeed be a prison for souls. Who knows? I used to be in a silly forum called, "The One Truth". I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Eight billion souls have wanted to come here even during these insane times, that alone should tell something. We aren't here so much to enjoy than we are here to learn and to evolve our consciousness. This is a really hard, and painful school. Who likes pain? No one of course, except maybe for the sadomasochists. Yet there's lots of beauty too, in fact the light can shine far brighter in the dark.

The beautiful lotus flower grows and thrives in the mud.

Presuming we had some foreknowledge, how do we know anyone really wanted to come here? We hear stories, many stories. Most of us aren't even aware of how much our thoughts are influenced by others. Without realizing it, people often take other people's stories and make them their own. They aren't living their own life, they are living somebody else's.

In the story of "The Lord of The Rings", Saruman created his army of fighting Uruk-hai from Elves that were tortured and mutilated. The idea of torturing and mutilating something already divine in order to make it "more beautiful" sounds like the reasoning and excuse of a sadist. The elves started out "elevated". Torture and mutilation ruined them. Saruman told the Uruk-hai that it was because of their torture and mutilation that they were "perfected". And, they believed him.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Isserley (17th April 2023), Kalamos (17th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023)

33. Link to Post #37
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

since my awakening before 2011 thing...i do ask that question alot and looking in the sky are we in giant mother-ship and got lost in space where everyone lose memory? i feel like we live in kind of Matrix..you know how Neon and those guys plug that cord back of the neck into matrix and required to unplug that cord get out of matrix, i feel exact same thing...some one have said in here we might be criminal in this galaxy/stars and have us in this prison of Matrix. outside of matrix 1 day and within matrix is lifetime aka dreams.

right now i don't give a **** about life...i do scared of death that is Pain other one is soul aspect, people have mention about soul trap incarnation thing but what about Assist Death kind of thing? i just have theory popup in my head might have some high tech in that medicine to assist dead but at souls level...make it worst than soul trap incarnation, keeping us to stay in is matrix...i might think too much.

there's a question on other website..if you Win lotto still make you happy? have ask people even with mental illness said not happy at all...yes, with illusion of currency jackpot of $200m enable me to live like a king dream house million dollar mansion being sugardaddy or have all kind of girls and all kind of materialistic million dollar car for rest of life but that's before awakening...now my dream home is have inner peace live in carbin in woods/near ocean/jungle or even tent.

as l give a thought about this whole thing...biggest question is how the F i end up in this prison planet? as a child 9-10 year old kid ask what's meaning of Life...?
    Last edited by apokalypse; 18th April 2023 at 00:49.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Kalamos (18th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    as l give a thought about this whole thing...biggest question is how the F i end up in this prison planet? as a child 9-10 year old kid ask what's meaning of Life...?
    Hang in there. You are not alone. I don't think it matters too much what you are doing on Earth, but just your presence alone, at this time, might be helping to mitigate our collective karma. I do believe Good will triumph over Evil on this Earth, in the physical and Spiritual realms.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

pounamuknight (18th April 2023)

37. Link to Post #39
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

i have this thought since my awakening 2-3 years before 2011 and having alot more recent years especially now on how society we should live..this sound like communist/nazi stuff but society without ownership but belong to the public..everyone have to do something not for currency but for better of society.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

pounamuknight (18th April 2023)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)

Interesting that you would describe school as "obviously being a more benign version of a prison". I question the "benign" part... When I look around at how our society has been structured, the school system has been used as an incredibly powerful weapon over the last several decades to instill compliance and submission in the budding new generations all the while successively stupefying them gradually over time. Hardly anyone even noticed. Now, look at what's happened in the last few years. Schools in many countries seem to be in lockstep accelerating the Marxist indoctrination plan laid out by globalists.

Highschool... The first time I got sent to the principal's office was for refusing to play grass hockey in dangerously frozen mud. I didn't want to break my ankles. The second time I got sent was because I refused to purchase the yearbook at my graduation. They said they'd pre-ordered them for everyone in advance (how very socialist of them) in order to get a good bulk price for the school. I said, that's nice, but you didn't ask me if I wanted one. You can't force me to pay for something I didn't want and didn't agree to in the first place. I was right, of course. They tried to guilt me into buying the yearbook by suggesting I'd regret not having it to remember my senior year. I told them I didn't want to remember it. Being sent to the principal's office was meant to intimidate me but it only cemented my resolve. Good times.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Franny (18th April 2023), pounamuknight (18th April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast