+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with spiritual awakening and meditation

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Question Help with spiritual awakening and meditation

Hello to the Avalon community! This is my first post and i don't know everything about the system in posting and responding.

Anyways, let me tell you my situation and maybe i can receive help upon this! I am a new member like iv'e stated and im intrested in learning more about the process of spiritual awakening, meditation etc. If someone can be of help to guide me in the right direction of learning these things i would greatly appreciate it! Thankyou!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Caleb_Au For This Post:

betoobig (3rd April 2016), BMJ (4th April 2016), Constance (3rd April 2016), DNA (3rd April 2016), joeecho (3rd April 2016), kudzy (3rd April 2016), Lancelot (4th April 2016), Magneticman (3rd April 2016), Rhah (3rd April 2016), Rich (1st August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 times in 253 posts

Default Re: Help with spiritual awakening and meditation

hi caled_au i was in this state not long ago and id like to share a book with you that an other avalon member shared with me for the same resons you have. its worth your time reading if you want to jump strait to practical stuff and i recommand it for everyone here if you didnt read it yet. here is the link:http://www.lobsangrampa.org/data/en/You-Forever.pdf (its a pdf so you can start reading it right away)

ty kiwielf

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 6pounder For This Post:

betoobig (3rd April 2016), Caleb_Au (3rd April 2016), Ciaran (5th April 2016), gnostic9 (3rd April 2016), Magneticman (3rd April 2016), Rhah (3rd April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Caleb_AU
    Several long running threads have a lot to offer
    The Higher Self and transcendent

Surfing with Wind

Enlightment and related matters

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fourty-two For This Post:

Caleb_Au (3rd April 2016), gnostic9 (3rd April 2016), joeecho (3rd April 2016), Rich (1st August 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member kudzy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear Caleb_AU:

Welcome to Project Avalon! I've received much benefit from a meditation technique called Vipassana as taught by S.N.Goenka. It's changed my life for the better. There's a center in Jesup,GA not far from you. The technique is taught for free. You can make a donation after completing the 10-day course if you've found it beneficial.

Best Wishes on your path.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kudzy For This Post:

Caleb_Au (3rd April 2016), gnostic9 (3rd April 2016), Magneticman (3rd April 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you all!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caleb_Au For This Post:

fourty-two (6th April 2016), gnostic9 (3rd April 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Hi Caleb_Au...

Welcome to the forum

A very good introduction is a little book called "I am that" by Nissagardatta

with much love to you

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Caleb_Au (3rd April 2016), joeecho (3rd April 2016), Magneticman (3rd April 2016), Rhah (3rd April 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Hello Caleb! I wish you well on your journey. Walk with patience! Peace.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member OBwan's Avatar
    Thanks

One source that I use for learning spirituality is the following website.

http://www.kryon.com/k_freeaudio.html

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OBwan For This Post:

Caleb_Au (3rd April 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

Wellcome to Avalon. I am diving here

Much love
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

17. The Following User Says Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Caleb_Au (4th April 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,728 times in 4,313 posts

Here is an excerpt from the thread below.

Have you ever done an open eye meditation? Eye movement instantly snaps you out of meditation, strangely, it is harder to keep your eyes still while they are closed, as such, open eye meditation works wonders. I get mine from Carlos Castaneda, my favorite is using a small pebble to stare at to exclusion of everything else. The pebble, especially granite, absorbs your energy and starts to feel like a part of you, making it a deeper, easier meditation.

After doing this for a while (each person is different), the pebble being filled with energy from staring at it becomes "wavy" in a short while, everything becomes "wavy", I do believe this is a field that connects all living things. I suppose that is debatable though. After doing this meditation for a few years.

How To See A Ghost For Your Self

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Caleb_Au (4th April 2016), Ernie Nemeth (3rd April 2016), PurpleLama (3rd April 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Has anyone had any spiritual happenings while asleep or while hoing to sleep? Lately when ive been going to sleep i feel like im drifting away from reality.. Like almost like split vision.. When you you see an object and it splits in two, but after refocusing your sight it goes back to normal. Its not sleep paralysis or anything like that but my body goes numb and i feel like i go into a deep state almost. Any help on this?

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caleb_Au (here)
    Has anyone had any spiritual happenings while asleep or while hoing to sleep? Lately when ive been going to sleep i feel like im drifting away from reality.. Like almost like split vision.. When you you see an object and it splits in two, but after refocusing your sight it goes back to normal. Its not sleep paralysis or anything like that but my body goes numb and i feel like i go into a deep state almost. Any help on this?
    In my experience, the further I get into a deep state(close to sleep/sleep) the harder it is to remain focused and awake. If my intention is be focused and aware; I have some times broken through the barrier and that's when I experience lucid dreaming. Usually it's like gravity and fear the closer I get the more difficult the process becomes until something snaps and I am there? Like falling down a black hole and accepting the outcome. Other times the process has been softer, like fragments of inner vision overtaking my reality vision piece by piece, until my inner vision is dominant. Sound and touch feeling switches easier than vision, usually instantly. I'm pretty unhealthy as a person so my experience is definitely not for everyone. Having a simple intention is key. Like "I'm gonna fly" or whatever. Keeping focus on one thing. Breaking through was horrifying for me, mostly because I didn't know what was going to happen. The split vision is something I have experienced but very seldom. Being at 2 places at once is funky to say the least. Peace.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Antihero For This Post:

Caleb_Au (4th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Welcome Caleb-Au

Eventually all the meditation techniques tend to get discarded and you are just sitting still in the moment, not looking for, staying with any experiences.

Experiences come and go as do states.
    If you are looking for Self-Realisation--Enlightenment, which is not a state nor experience but a change of perception (amongst other things) I would suggest having a look at this thread

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ull=1#post7764

Best wishes
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

BMJ (22nd May 2016), Caleb_Au (4th April 2016)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I was just now meditating. I was in my bed up against my pillows one behind my head and below that one, the one my back was resting against. I was thirty minutes in and suddenly a bang on one of the pillows.. Idk which one but it was a thud and it scared me ****less.. I stopped and am now resting. I cant link this sleep paralysis or anything. Is this an entity? Also i keep getting this grinding in the back of my neck. Its not like it hurts but its annoying. And my hearing is really sensitive now. Like the muscles are contracting when a noise is too loud. If anyone can help me with these things id greatly appreaciate it 🙏🏻

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I had this experience where a gooey substance grabbed hold on the back of my head during meditation, I was in deep but I didn't know that, the transgression between waking and dreaming is often subtle and unnoticed. Many times I've thought I was awake in reality but I wasn't. The higher the vibration is the harder it is for me to realize im dreaming, the lower vibrations are more dense and slower which helps me know that im there. My point I was going to make about the gooey substance; I freaked out but my reaction made me grab hold of it and I dragged it infront of me. Before I could see it(stretched like a rubber band) I woke up. I felt immense joy when I challenged my fear. Short note: Face fear, be patient, and understand that really weird stuff happens. I've frozen to ice for what seemed like minutes, slowly not being able to move, and since I didn't freak out I moved further in and got to experience moving really fast through space? And finally I touched down in a park filled with blind ducks. Bravery go go. Edit: I often use the inner sound as a point of focus, the volume increases the further I get. The sound frequency is tied to my state of being. I,e, love myself=high, depressed=low. Hope something here makes sense for you Caleb. Peace.
    Last edited by Antihero; 5th April 2016 at 13:04.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Antihero For This Post:

Caleb_Au (5th April 2016)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Feeling uncomfortable and stiff is normal. Practice relaxing into these sensation. Just observe them, don't try to fix or control them. It can get really really rough. Like taking off in an airplane but a lot rougher, is to be expected.

29. Link to Post #17
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by Caleb_Au (here)
    I was just now meditating. I was in my bed up against my pillows one behind my head and below that one, the one my back was resting against. I was thirty minutes in and suddenly a bang on one of the pillows.. Idk which one but it was a thud and it scared me ****less.. I stopped and am now resting. I cant link this sleep paralysis or anything. Is this an entity? Also i keep getting this grinding in the back of my neck. Its not like it hurts but its annoying. And my hearing is really sensitive now. Like the muscles are contracting when a noise is too loud. If anyone can help me with these things id greatly appreaciate it 🙏🏻
    All of that is fairly normal in the early stages of spiritual seeking.
    This too shall pass.
    Thing is not to make too much of any experience, or you will get stuck looking for the next experience rather than being quiet and still, accepting what comes--not hanging on to it, just observing --That's called the witness state.
    Its great you have started at such a young age.
    Adya Shanti an enlightened teacher, began meditating at the same age as you.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

BMJ (22nd May 2016), Caleb_Au (6th April 2016)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Yes! Thank you once again, i have so much to learn and in seeking to reach the right path.

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,495 times in 4,009 posts

I tend to stick with the classics, in which the stages are: Relaxation, Concentration, Contemplation, Samadhi (has no translation).

Westerners in general do not know how to breathe or walk, so relaxation is extremely difficult and this is why they can be instantly spotted in disguise by Afghans. I have known one who, through a disciplined life, was able to relax so thoroughly that he took a root canal operation without anaesthesia.

Anything about Gautama Siddartha (Buddha) is an excellent guide; texts "Heart Sutra" and "Prajnaparamita" are very good; Patanjali; Madhyamika ("Middle Way") philosophy of Nagarjuna. But too much literature becomes an imbalance of its own and leads to the "Path of the Eye"--believing that the right forms and words grant one a "specialness" and give some kind of a guarantee. Superior is the "Path of the Heart"--where the fruits of one's efforts are measured in the happiness of others. It does not have to be sought or reached; you just remove any obscurations or errors which interfere.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Caleb_Au (6th April 2016), greybeard (6th April 2016)

34. Link to Post #20
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

In my early days, I had opportunity to know that meditation is a process to CLEAN the MIND, to STOP the flow of THINKINGS.

More later, I knowed about " Conscious Projections " , and for to do it, you need to stop the body, stop think, like when you go to sleep, and can't sleep until you stop thinking.

Meditation about some subject, for me sounds nosense, because if you start to think something, you are going far to reach the Meditation State, as I know.

Advanced Yogs and Conscious Projectors, usally sit down, be quiet, make some meditation and Go out of the Body on Astral Travel, Mental Travel, or maybe they simple make a local health process (physic, psych or mental) working with Energies. They can cure theirselves and can help others, while stay in Alpha State.

Once a day, I 'd made a projection, sit down at dentist office, waiting my turn to be attended. I was alone, comfortable and someone on the other side called me to do something that I still don't know what it was, but I went ! Its only one example ... just saying.

About this valued thread, I improve saying that having meditation as its mass-purpose means, these people will not come to an constructive end, because meditation its a middle way, not the end.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 31st July 2019 at 22:30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast