+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Transgenderism: Is it Mental Illness?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

Default Re: Transgenderism: Is it Mental Illness?

I have high hopes that a critical mass is occurring in this world that does not label and cause harm by such misguided ideas like those presented by OP.

Oddly enough, views like those in the OP actually resemble mental illness more then those they are suggesting to have it.

What is that called? Oh, that's right, projecting. Projecting is a form of blindness, a speck in the eye, so to speak.

Quote Posted by OMG (here)
    All is permissible but not all is beneficial...
    Pfft That is spiritual double speak, plain as day.

Someone may want something really bad, or do something because they can, or because it makes them feel "better", etc, but does that make it right or wise?
    Doesn't make it anything at all. It is what it is, not right or wrong, not wise or unwise.

Natural Law is Natural Law.
    The 'natural law' referenced here can kiss my little white caboose.
    Last edited by ZooLife; 4th April 2016 at 05:43.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Bruno (12th December 2016), camper (5th April 2016), joeecho (5th April 2016), kirolak (4th April 2016), KiwiElf (4th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), seah (4th April 2016), Sierra (4th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

I see people here very confused!
    There are males with vagina and females with pennis!
    As simple as that.
    And there is a Huge difference between gender and sexual tendency.
    Please stop thinking in the black and white programing you have. Lots of grey areas in our lifes.
    Transgender is not an illness, the only thing ill is our society.
    I dont even like the term transgender becouse this people usually have their gender very clear but they want to fit in society that is why they choose surgery. Now most of this people who are accepted since childhood dont want surgery. I know what i am talking about.
    We are pushing for people to understand and not judgeing. What a wonderfull world this will be.
    If there are now more people trans is just becouse now they are seen. This is always been around, like Kirolak said.
    The real minipulation has been accepting duality, girl or boy!
    Come on Avalonians open your hearts a bit more!
    Much love

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I think the title of the thread is offensive. Just the doubt is offensive, at least uncomfortable for a place like Avalon
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Bruno (12th December 2016), camper (5th April 2016), Ewan (4th April 2016), kirolak (4th April 2016), KiwiElf (4th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), seah (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), sunpaw (4th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), ZooLife (10th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

Check this out please.
    To ask if this kid has mental illness is really ill, an illness created by our society or cult-ure
    [YOUTUBE]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7B5HU0gUG-Y[/YOTUBE]

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Sorry
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Ewan (4th April 2016), kirolak (4th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Betoobig is absolutely correct; all this gender-bias is the real mental illness & bodily identification of the lowest kind.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

camper (5th April 2016), Ewan (4th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), seah (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), Sierra (4th April 2016), TargeT (4th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 times in 321 posts

Quote It is, if nothing else, a sign that that soul is simply not yet willing to take on the characteristics of the unfavorite gender, but it will be a learning experience, in any case.
    I don't agree. A soul couldn't care less about gender. Sexuality is fluid for some because of where they are on the evolution scale, but gender identification is a whole different issue.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

Frenchy (5th April 2016), joeecho (5th April 2016), kirolak (4th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), Sierra (4th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), Wind (4th April 2016), ZooLife (4th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

I'd give likewise all thumbs up to the 'humanity in transition' because of all phenomena .. after all , only change is permanent and that substantially includes our biological make up.
    Not only this 'genomic make up' is unstable by its very nature and can and is being influenced both by nature and nurture forcing the process of 'transitioning' from one quantum state to another ,
    commonly understood as evolution of new species most of whom aren't so new as varied and adapted to their specific environments ,
    it also keeps 'evolving itself' and seeking new forms of expression .

Trying to stop this process for mankind as a whole is impossible in my opinion while societies controlling systems almost always seem to aspire for 'steady state' , 'golden model' that would accommodate all in slow paced and less dynamic , not-so-evolving society and present their respective 'offers' how to sort out social problems as 'status quod' , algorithm they think of as workable and final .

From religions to science labs to political meetings , them people do not live the 'great questions' and scientific curiosity more than they live by convictions , convents, convinced by their respective societies of being 'on the right track' they seem to represent the golden ratio of normalcy , a peak of human evolution ( I've read such conclusions of one scientist only few years back who suggested humans have 'no way to evolve beyond what they're now' )

There may be more than 3 genders in future .

But, and on the other hand the whole topic does come with strong warning for any onlooker and 'inquisition' alike .

There has to be biological marker , predisposition for you allowing such trans-ition in my opinion.

How many girls did not once dream of being a boy or vice versa . But does that alone make you transgender ? Not so.
    I can't imagine 'wishing it' alone would ( or should ) provide sufficient reason for such physical , hormonal and mental challenge .

A man or a woman 'simply insisting' on being someone else may well be a mental case , simple as that .

In case of transgender individuals whether they artificially enhance and complete the trans- process , their body tells them otherwise . It means there are biological markers that are prone and responsible for the possibility .

I can understand this from couple of different angles .. one would be the 'ET me' and having certain physical-and-psychological predispositions that are close to 'the other shore' . It's not something you can 'make up for' , and in this case, it'd be hardly desirable for anyone , anyway .

Another angle would be homo- and hetero-sexuality as examples of biological predispositions that can be perhaps cultivated to certain degree but otherwise , they're entirely yours .
    The same way the idea of same gender 'union' makes a heterosexual individual sick up ( I apologise for saying so ) if projected unto them , the exact opposite is most probably true for the other party and there's no 'therapy; that would convince you of otherwise .

I can well imagine ..and it's not just imagination.. it's more from what I've suffered for my subtle ET revelations over past decade that all such attempts for 'revertive therapy' make an individual feel desperately self-destructive at the end .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Chester (20th December 2016), Frenchy (5th April 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 times in 251 posts

I don't hate anyone, and feel people have the right to live their lives as they choose, including the LGBT community. The issue I have with the whole LBGT movement is being told that I have to accept a concept without question, otherwise I'm denounced as a hater or homophobe. The hostility displayed by those on this thread defending transgenderism is a typical example of this.
    There seems to be a double standard here. It seems like it's perfectly alright for anyone in the LGBT category to bash and hate on those who disagree with their lifestyle, yet this is exactly what they are complaining about.
    Why is it so unreasonable to discuss the issue here? Disagreement does not equate to hate and intolerance! The only intolerance I have is for people trying to shove an idea down my throat whether I like it or not.
    Open debate is healthy and necessary for people to see both sides of an issue.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

bettye198 (5th April 2016), DNA (13th December 2016), NancyV (8th January 2017), Omni (17th December 2016), onawah (5th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Quote Posted by Ted (here)
    I don't hate anyone, and feel people have the right to live their lives as they choose, including the LGBT community. The issue I have with the whole LBGT movement is being told that I have to accept a concept without question, otherwise I'm denounced as a hater or homophobe. The hostility displayed by those on this thread defending transgenderism is a typical example of this.
    There seems to be a double standard here. It seems like it's perfectly alright for anyone in the LGBT category to bash and hate on those who disagree with their lifestyle, yet this is exactly what they are complaining about.
    Why is it so unreasonable to discuss the issue here? Disagreement does not equate to hate and intolerance! The only intolerance I have is for people trying to shove an idea down my throat whether I like it or not.
    Open debate is healthy and necessary for people to see both sides of an issue.
    I think the objections center around the video in the opening post. It attempts to shove the idea down our throats that the LGBT community is insane, for being who they are.

It was not a reasonable way to start a genuine discussion, promoting hatred and intolerance, condemning entire categories of people as insane.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Chester (20th December 2016), Ewan (4th April 2016), Hazelfern (12th December 2016), Inaiá (28th April 2019), KiwiElf (4th April 2016), onawah (5th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), TigaHawk (4th April 2016), ZooLife (4th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

This isn't really about people, the choices people make or what influences their choices. It's about the false conception regarding those choices.

If one changes from a lemon to a carrot, turnip to grape, or stays an asparagus makes no difference whatsoever. What makes a difference is the misconception of what it all means.

Hierarchy of all kinds is an illusion thats own utility is to give the ego a false sense of 'better than'.
    Last edited by ZooLife; 4th April 2016 at 17:11.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Bob (4th April 2016), Bruno (12th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016), DasLilaLied (9th April 2017), joeecho (5th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

I've worked with him and now work with her.
    We both smile out how dissatisfaction is the same in different colors.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Ewan (4th April 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), ZooLife (4th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)

I think the objections center around the video in the opening post. It attempts to shove the idea down our throats that the LGBT community is insane, for being who they are.

It was not a reasonable way to start a genuine discussion, promoting hatred and intolerance, condemning entire categories of people as insane.
    A mental disorder is not necessarily insanity, and the video only expresses an opinion. Jumping to the conclusion that an opinion equates to condemnation, hatred and intolerance is exactly what I am talking about.
    Like many other people, I suffer from a "mental disorder" called depression. That doesn't make me crazy (although my wife might argue the point). People don't like to be around me when I become sullen and withdrawn, and I don't blame them. Nevertheless, I don't go around assuming people are condemning me and hating me just because they don't like the way I am. If I see a video about what a drag it is to live with a depressed person, I don't get offended, and I don't demand compassion and tolerance.
    I believe in the freedom to be who I am, which also means I believe in the right of others to be who they are. The right to free speech means being tolerant of all opinions, regardless whether we agree with them or not.
    If someone doesn't care for the lifestyle of LGBT folks, they have every right to express that opinion. Do you think that by calling them names and accusing them of hatred and intolerance it's going to win them over to your side? That type of response just reinforces their conviction.
    Anyway, I see intolerance and hatred for people who are intolerant and hateful as being the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

Holly Lindin (25th February 2017), NancyV (8th January 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Anyway, I see intolerance and hatred for people who are intolerant and hateful as being the pinnacle of hypocrisy.
    Don't you just hate that?

Where is your tolerance?

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

A mental disorder is not necessarily insanity, and the video only expresses an opinion. Jumping to the conclusion that an opinion equates to condemnation, hatred and intolerance is exactly what I am talking about.
    Like many other people, I suffer from a "mental disorder" called depression. That doesn't make me crazy (although my wife might argue the point). People don't like to be around me when I become sullen and withdrawn, and I don't blame them. Nevertheless, I don't go around assuming people are condemning me and hating me just because they don't like the way I am. If I see a video about what a drag it is to live with a depressed person, I don't get offended, and I don't demand compassion and tolerance.
    I believe in the freedom to be who I am, which also means I believe in the right of others to be who they are. The right to free speech means being tolerant of all opinions, regardless whether we agree with them or not.
    If someone doesn't care for the lifestyle of LGBT folks, they have every right to express that opinion. Do you think that by calling them names and accusing them of hatred and intolerance it's going to win them over to your side? That type of response just reinforces their conviction.
    Well... If you think the video was a reasonable way to start an open minded discussion, that is your perogative.

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZooLife (here)

Where is your tolerance?
    I think, like many people, that you're confusing disagreement with intolerance.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

Holly Lindin (25th February 2017), NancyV (8th January 2017)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Where is your tolerance?
    LOL

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

joeecho (5th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016)

29. Link to Post #36
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Saint Theresa (here)
    The video in the op is 100% garbage.

People can and will flourish when they can be themselves and live how they choose. Transgendered aren't mentally ill.

Sheesh. ....

even physical attraction is quite widely ranged between the polarized sexes, there is no one type of desirable person (though generally "physically fit" is the common denominator, with a few exceptions: "chubby chasers" and the like...) the fact that anyone would try to impose their idea of how ANYTHING is "suppose" to be is just abhorrent IMO.

Let people be.... & clean up your own yard before you go commenting on other peoples yards...

Where is your tolerance?
    LOL
    Uhh.. err... my brain hurts...
    Last edited by TargeT; 4th April 2016 at 18:49.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ewan (4th April 2016), joeecho (5th April 2016), Kryztian (26th April 2019), Pam (16th December 2016), RunningDeer (4th April 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), Sierra (4th April 2016), ZooLife (4th April 2016)

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    clean up your own yard before you go commenting on other peoples yards...[/B]
    Target's yard service, the no service service. We offer unparalleled customer service, so good you will not even notice.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

joeecho (5th April 2016), PurpleLama (4th April 2016), Rich (12th December 2016), Shannon (4th April 2016), Sierra (6th April 2016), TargeT (4th April 2016)

33. Link to Post #38
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Yeah but Ted, your depression doesn't define you does it? I feel like that's not a good comparison.

Imo the video was trash. There's been more than one thread devoted to issues with trans peeps, so there's going to be defenders.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

joeecho (5th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

Getting cynical about your depression , does it help ?

Is Purity a Gender or is it a Secret ?

Is purity poverty or is it the richness ?

Is purity more like Paul , Mike or Rich

Is purity like Cloud to be worshipped ?

Is purity the secretary of all terrorists and ultimate conspirator ?

Is it not , biological factor after all ...

is purity to be shot to in quest of free energy

is it to be abandoned in the name of vanity and artificial life

i say no ..

that's how they call me the existence of resistance .

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Saint Theresa (here)

Yeah but Ted, your depression doesn't define you does it? I feel like that's not a good comparison.
    Nothing defines me unless I choose to be defined by it. The point was more to say that a mental disorder is not by definition insanity.

Quote Imo the video was trash. There's been more than one thread devoted to issues with trans peeps, so there's going to be defenders.
    It's not the defending that bothers me, or even the quality of the video. The question of whether LBGT traits are genetic, learned, a product of environment or whatever is legitimate. Having it shouted down as beyond questioning is what bothers me.
    Just for arguments sake, what if there was a pill that would turn any LBGT person straight? How would something like that be received by the LGBT community?

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

Ewan (5th April 2016), Holly Lindin (25th February 2017), onawah (5th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast