+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast

Thread: The Avalon Library: discussion and requests

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

Default The Avalon Library: discussion and requests

Dear Friends,

This is the companion thread to The Avalon Library, just opened.

The thread listing the contents and download links is a separate one, here...

The Avalon Library

... which will only contain the ongoing, growing index. This thread here is for comments, discussion, and requests, all of which we welcome. Please see the opening post of the Avalon Library thread for a fuller announcement and description of the project, which is available to members and guests alike.

Here's where the Avalon Library is:

http://AvalonLibrary.net
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th January 2020 at 14:33.

2. The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anchor (6th April 2016), Atlas (16th May 2016), avid (6th April 2016), Becky (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), BMJ (6th April 2016), boja (6th April 2016), Callista (6th April 2016), Cassmiranda (6th April 2016), CD7 (9th April 2016), Conde (6th April 2016), Constance (6th April 2016), Craig (5th April 2016), dan33 (13th November 2016), Debra (5th April 2016), Deega (7th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), DNA (10th May 2016), drneglector (6th April 2016), enigma3 (28th June 2017), Ernie Nemeth (6th April 2016), Ewan (5th April 2016), fourty-two (6th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (6th April 2016), g.k.r (11th August 2016), geofffxdwg (11th July 2018), gnostic9 (6th April 2016), gord (6th April 2016), Hawkwind (6th April 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), Ioneo (5th April 2016), Ivanhoe (7th April 2016), Jantje (6th April 2016), Jean-Marie (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), justntime2learn (5th April 2016), kanishk (6th April 2016), kirolak (6th April 2016), latina (5th April 2016), Laura Elina (30th April 2016), Leonard (17th April 2018), mab777 (7th April 2016), Madeira (24th May 2018), Magneticman (6th April 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th April 2016), Matt P (6th April 2016), Matthew (7th April 2016), MistressJan (4th August 2018), MorningSong (6th April 2016), Muzz (6th April 2016), Nasu (5th April 2016), Ol' Roy (6th April 2016), Pilgrim (30th May 2016), ponda (5th April 2016), regnak (5th April 2016), RunningDeer (6th April 2016), Scottoz (6th April 2016), shadowstalker (6th April 2016), Shannon (8th April 2016), silvanelf (31st May 2019), skyflower (6th April 2016), Snoweagle (6th April 2016), Stephanie (6th April 2016), Sunny-side-up (20th June 2021), sunpaw (6th April 2016), toppy (6th April 2016), triquetra (14th April 2016), truthseek (24th November 2021), uzn (5th April 2016), ZooLife (6th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Default Re: The Avalon Library: discussion and requests

I'm gonna give myself a little pat on the back for comparing Project Avalon to the Alexandria library a couple weeks ago. Ain't synchronicity grand? Haha

Now I want a Project Avalon conference/retreat in Costa Rica!

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

4. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Becky (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Bluegreen (6th April 2016), conk (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), fourty-two (6th April 2016), gnostic9 (6th April 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), Jantje (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), Laura Elina (30th April 2016), Muzz (6th April 2016), Nasu (6th April 2016), Ol' Roy (6th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (15th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th April 2016), Shannon (8th April 2016), Snoweagle (6th April 2016), Sunny-side-up (20th June 2021), ThePythonicCow (6th April 2016), toppy (6th April 2016), ZooLife (6th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

Wow, it’s like forum got new gadget or a configuration like add-on wings.

Bill do you have Revolt in the Stars film? If you have then please share it.

Reply from Bill: the film was never made.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th April 2016 at 13:34.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (15th September 2016), Sunny-side-up (20th June 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

Thank you for starting this initiative Bill. I need to come forward with a message that will help connect some dots, and then close with a firm commitment to contribute an ongoing series of audio and later audio-video files over the coming years (this time for sure...). To explain...

I was to be the main provider of meditation files for the global synchronized meditation series on the old forum, an initiative started by one Astralwalker.

I can't tell you the half of what began to happen once committed to that project, which I looked back on as being "at the wrong time", but there's a lot more to that story.

Essentially immediately after committing to the project, before even joining the forum, a coordinated series of psychic attacks were imposed on me that were completely disastrous for the project. Within months my entire lab had to be packed up and was stored for years after. I was too proud to admit I had been defeated and limped along, trying to carry out my role without almost all of the needed equipment. I don't know what I was thinking. I just couldn't admit what had happened to me. Everything flipped over for me and I had to completely reground and re-find myself in the study of zen (I had become an energetic mess by that point, as I can now forgive myself for considering the circumstances).

I can't quite explain what happened to Astralwalker, only from what I witnessed, but there was a somewhat sudden change that went from the illuminating posts that generated a thread with over a million views by that time, to an almost desperate attempt to come through but in ways that strongly prioritized very unusual aspects, i.e. rotating crop circles. I know something similar got to him as well. You may have noticed sudden changes in others as well, who were similarly affected, at various times, for various reasons. These abrupt changes always have the same underlying reason.

So when I say "it was the wrong time", I think what I mean is that there was a very strong concentration of dark energies during that time frame, something I have been studying intensively ever since, because there are examples of it throughout history. They seem to usually follow peak events in the evolution of consciousness, to bring people back down. Or on occasion, they premeditate it, probably in an effort to quell it (clamping down before 2012 sure would make sense now wouldn't it).

Now, there is a reason why I am back again to try and do my part. 2014-2015 were different. There was an energetic counter-balancing. Many people indicated these were difficult years, well, it's because their spirit bodies were contributing to the resistance. There was a kind of struggle against those darker forces, and coming into 2016 there is the beginning of a real sign of opportunity. The tides finally turning.

We are in 2016 now, not 2008, and many things have changed in only a few years.
    - Many have become much more resistant to these kinds of attacks through their training (and I greatly want to help with this via the files)
    - The future that might come to be is much easier for all to see, most importantly the dark forces who don't want to take things so far they create a highly undesirable outcome for themselves (more on this in the future..)
    - Most importantly, we are finally ready on nearly every level (in a forum like this one particularly, not necessarily elsewhere) to understand and act on a shared understanding that we need to directly create the change we want ourselves, Operation New Age is finally a failure on us when we stop thinking that help will arrive via some outside source like benevolent ETs. They can offer guidance, but the rest is entirely up to us.

With this all said, I don't want to keep coming back around and saying "soon, soon, it'll be ready". All I can say now is that I am in the best position I have ever been in my whole life to contribute what research has indicated are some highly potent audio and audiovisual files that serve a wide range of beneficial purposes:
    - therapeutic, i.e. clearing of burdening or oppressive dark energy (baggage)
    - resilience-generating, i.e. assisting to build a better energetic barrier to prevent further dark energy from attaching
    - transcendental, i.e. allowing for opening and seeing through portals to higher dimensions.
    - (this particular range of files will be only effective for the right target audience, "ascenders", completely useless to anyone else, but even still I'm more comfortable sharing them internally only at this stage, rather than posting them publicly)

These are grand claims indeed, so I will not dwell on matter, and the next contribution here will be the first file, whenever it is ready (it will be during this year, I will make that my mission). Group synchronized meditations can then be organized for research purposes (before going all out). I would like to see if people truly believe they feel a difference when coordinating with others vs just doing it on their own. The feedback will then help for producing even better files and coordinating the group sessions better as well.

Thank you once again for doing everything you do to help us all get back to Avalon.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), BMJ (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), happyuk (12th August 2018), Hym (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), kirolak (6th April 2016), Laura Elina (30th April 2016), Michelle Marie (8th April 2016), MorningSong (4th May 2016), quiltinggrandma (15th September 2016), Scottoz (6th April 2016), Shannon (8th April 2016), skyflower (6th April 2016), Sunny-side-up (20th June 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Great idea. I missed the fundraiser, but if you follow some of what I am about to say you might need to run another - in which case let me know

Suggestions...

Mirror this data across more than one service. Ensure at least one of those is not a US based service. The material is probably copyright or some such equivalent nonsense. If this initiative ends up annoying some body enough they will use that to have some of all of it (the account suspended for example) taken down. If its mirrored you can save a lot of time and keep it available.

Find some volunteers to mirror the data (that is take custody of the entire data set) and thereby create multiple safe havens for it. I dont have 20Tb free, but I am willing to donate some space to that initiative.

Encrypted services in the style of Mega download are particularly attractive for this sort of purpose. Saves the hassle of needing to use tor or similar to conceal what it is that is being downloaded and makes it harder for the service provider to interfere or know what it is that you are hosting (which will almost certainly breach one or more of their terms and conditions!)

Most of these services have an aggregate monthly download cap (which is consumed by non-premium members of that service downloading files). Someone well resourced wanting to annoy you can easily download enough to blow your cap. It is wise therefore to ensure the links to the material are not widely distributed - and having it in the members only area is a good move.

You mentioned you had 20Tb of data. Large amounts of data is subject to bit rot, that is suffering from uncorrectable errors. Computer technology is often good at fixing errors and making the chances of it happening small, but when you multiply small chances by insanely large numbers (like 20Tb) the chances become certainties - and thus there are strategies to mitigate this. Paul will know about them, but for a long time files distributed by the often spotty and even as far back as the modem driven world of usenet news groups it was common to used things called "par" files, files of redundant data that meant the data set they protected could be reconstructed if any of it went missing or damaged. Uncorrectable bit errors in compressed files can make it really hard to get that the data within that archive.
    Last edited by Anchor; 10th January 2021 at 10:41.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

10. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Cigan Mojia (10th May 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), kirolak (6th April 2016), Laura Elina (30th April 2016), Magneticman (6th April 2016), Michelle Marie (8th April 2016), muxfolder (8th April 2016), Muzz (6th April 2016), Nasu (6th April 2016), norman (6th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (15th September 2016), Shannon (8th April 2016), skyflower (6th April 2016), Stephanie (6th April 2016), ThePythonicCow (6th April 2016), uzn (6th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Great idea. I missed the fundraiser, but if you follow some of what I am about to say you might need to run another - in which case let me know

Suggestions...
    Good thoughts.

What I am working on (too soon to know if I will succeed) will have multiple copies of the data, at multiple locations, which could easily include various world-wide locations, all served up via a public facing web server that can easily run on any small VPS server. I have reserved the domain name AvalonLibrary.net for the web server (I habitually reserve the domain name I want first, before coding anything up, just to be sure I can get it.) Most likely, legal complaints would go to the AvalonLibrary.net server (myself and/or the VPS company hosting the AvalonLibrary site), but that public facing web server could be easily moved to some other VPS provider. Or complaints might come to this ProjectAvalon forum, as they do now, for linking to copyright material. Usually such complaints can be resolved easily by taking down the offending link expeditiously.

Bit rot is something I used to see more ... but even though I still run custom software that can look for such, I haven't seen any bits rot in a long time. I have seen disks fail and I continue to make stupid mistakes ... those problems haven't been fixed yet. So my ongoing strategy for preserving data is keeping various copies, in various places, resistant to various threats.

Writing my own front end server code will also enable me to throttle any particular abuser of the service, whether due to maliciousness or just excess enthusiasm. Just as with this ProjectAvalon forum itself, my ability to provide custom code, hooked into various places in the kernel and web server, is key to resisting various denial of service attacks (to the extent that we can ... certainly the big black hats could take us down and keep us down, if they had a mind to.)

My favorite VPS provider is linode.com - you can see their pricing here: https://www.linode.com/pricing.

My intended backend datastore is Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3). Their pricing structure is more complicated, pay-as-you-go, but in our case, the major portion of that bill will likely end up being the download bandwidth, for which they charge about $100 per terabyte downloaded. If I can figure out how to work BitTorrent into this, to distribute the bandwidth costs amongst users, especially for the more popular titles, without being too much of a technical hurdle for our less geeky members, that could help. Perhaps with some social engineering we could have monthly "sharing fests", in which those who want to download a lot of this material all show up for a day with BitTorrent enabled, keeping their PC's online to share with others to the extent they can.

Caution: The above "forward looking statements" may or may not ever bear any relationship to reality.

(*) VPS - Virtual Private Server: A smaller web server, running on shared hardware, but within a dedicated virtual operating system, unlike larger services, such as this forum, which run on dedicated hardware machines, or even larger services, such Google, which run in large dedicated buildings full of hardware.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th April 2016 at 13:10.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), DNA (10th May 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), Michelle Marie (8th April 2016), Muzz (6th April 2016), Nasu (6th April 2016), RunningDeer (6th April 2016), skyflower (6th April 2016), Stephanie (6th April 2016), uzn (6th April 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

Maybe we should consider making an upload-Thread were we can post stuff that is not on Youtube. For your viewing, validating and consideration if the uploaded stuff is worth being implemented in the famous Avalonian Library.
    Last edited by uzn; 6th April 2016 at 15:27.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), Michelle Marie (8th April 2016), Nasu (6th April 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

The upload feature would help, however it is inserted, as there are videos like Vimeo that I have not been able to download.

This additional upgrade, i.e. the Avalon Library itself, will most likely contribute to deeper insights into this and other worlds, corroborating a much more detailed and factual accounting of studied subjects, alongside the necessity of broader simplifications of the interactions between them. Detail sometimes connects us to living and sometimes it takes our awareness away from the endless Now.

I remind myself daily, as it is obvious to many here, of balance when faced with the possibilities of deep research, as the opportunities presented by the Avalon Library present.
    I am aware of the unnatural nature of research and the 2d nature of these tools, all of which often, by their relatively primitive format (relative to the disconnected mechanics of the human brain), are a detriment to instantaneous inspiration and creativity. This is why some seemingly personal, comedic and song-based threads are necessary to retain the balance integral to living. In fact the respite from detail many times contains the insight and solution to the cluster**** of detail.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), Nasu (6th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

@Hym: You can download Vids from Vimeo with a lot of free programs like jdownloader.
    http://jdownloader.org/
    unfortunatly jdownloader requires java to run, if u can live with that than Njoy

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Billy (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), joeecho (6th April 2016), kirolak (6th April 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Quite a cheek on my part to suggest anything, as I wasn't able to make any contribution but perhaps you'd be interested in including Michael Topper's Magnum Organum? I know it is available in the Biblioteca Pleyades, too, so perhaps it's not suitable for the Library?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    Quite a cheek on my part to suggest anything, as I wasn't able to make any contribution but perhaps you'd be interested in including Michael Topper's Magnum Organum? I know it is available in the Biblioteca Pleyades, too, so perhaps it's not suitable for the Library?
    Many thanks — it's here...
    http://bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_autor_topper.htm
    ... with an introduction here...
    http://bibliotecapleyades.net/cienci...r/topper08.htm
    ... and the full PDF is here:
    http://bibliotecapleyades.net/sociop...numOrganum.pdf

There could be a few exceptions, and for sure, it'll all evolve organically. But the way I envisage it at the moment is that the Library is really intended for material that's hard to find, hard to download, hard to convert from one format to another, has restricted access in some form, or in other ways may not be all that straightforward for people to find and archive themselves from readily available sources on the net. Otherwise. it'd be full up within days!

To condense all that, it's really an additional resource for people wanting to find or share things that may not be all that readily or easily available otherwise.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Hym (6th April 2016), Johan (Keyholder) (1st February 2018), kirolak (6th April 2016), Nasu (6th April 2016), regnak (6th April 2016), uzn (6th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

alien digest 5 and 6

alien digest 1-4 are available on project Camelot site

Last edited by regnak; 8th April 2016 at 14:42.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jonsnow (here)
    alien digest 5 and 6

alien digest 1-4 are available on project Camelot site
    Thanks — but as best I know, there were only ever four, all archived here:
    1. http://projectcamelot.org/Alien_Digest_Vol_1.pdf
    2. http://projectcamelot.org/Alien_Digest_Vol_2.pdf
    3. http://projectcamelot.org/Alien_Digest_Vol_3.pdf
    4. http://projectcamelot.org/Alien_Digest_Vol_4.pdf

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), regnak (7th April 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Thank you Bill for your concerted efforts. Perhaps we can find some out of print books that have valuable information, no longer on the retail market. I fell across as example, Dr. Peebles MD who wrote a book in 1900 about the real Truth of the vaccinations and why they exist. So there is much data on PDF files that will enfold with Avalon Library
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Laura Elina (30th April 2016), uzn (7th April 2016)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Thank you Bill for your concerted efforts. Perhaps we can find some out of print books that have valuable information, no longer on the retail market. I fell across as example, Dr. Peebles MD who wrote a book in 1900 about the real Truth of the vaccinations and why they exist. So there is much data on PDF files that will enfold with Avalon Library
    Yes, indeed — I have nearly 3,000 ebooks (about 25 Gb of material). Not sure yet how best to share all that! Uploading them individually would be a massive job. Easier would be to upload them in a small number of separate downloadable but still quite large files (maybe in categories)... but there's still a lot of work there. On the To Do list, though.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), DNA (10th May 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Now I want a Project Avalon conference/retreat in Costa Rica!

Matt
    Make it St Croix, USVI and I'll coordinate it

Organization of the library is very important, especially as it grows... I'd request that is taken into consideration & an intelligent system is laid out.

People come to websites like this for many reasons, but one is that they want other peoples filtration on topics, their opinions & to seek "vetted" information... information that isn't a waste of time.

I propose an informational rating system... generally I would say an automated method is best (see Reddit's "up vote" system, that naturally filters topics the site deeps as more "worthy" to the "top of hte list"). I do not have the actual execution of this in mind yet.

but that might be a bridge too far.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    If I can figure out how to work BitTorrent into this, to distribute the bandwidth costs amongst users, especially for the more popular titles, without being too much of a technical hurdle for our less geeky members, that could help.

Why not build the entire thing on bit torrent and have a few of the "geeky users" host initially? (then as more people download the content would get more and more distributed; though you'd have to have at least a few dedicated seeds.) My upload is only 2mb/s but for text I could serve a lot of people via torrent.

we "could" do this entirely cost free and organically, but that would take a bit more effort from the unpaid workers.
    Last edited by TargeT; 7th April 2016 at 19:57.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (7th May 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I have nearly 3,000 ebooks (about 25 Gb of material). Not sure yet how best to share all that! Uploading them individually would be a massive job. Easier would be to upload them in a small number of separate downloadable but still quite large files (maybe in categories)... but there's still a lot of work there. On the To Do list, though.
    A little more on this. The problem using WeTransfer (which we're using now) is that everything uploaded is automatically in a big zip file... so that there's no way to download one book from a large upload of hundreds (or even thousands). One would have to download them ALL, and then pick out the one book one wanted.

But (and Paul is looking into this) — if we used Amazon AWS, the facility might exist to just have a menu, just like the folder structure on your own computer, from which one could pick out and download a single book from all the others. That'd be ideal, if it's possible. We'll confirm.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), regnak (7th April 2016), uzn (7th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (7th May 2016)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,949 times in 2,388 posts

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1055154

"The Ancient Giants Who Ruled America; The Missing Skeletons and the Great Smithsonian Cover-Up" by Richard J. Dewhurst

Well this one is hard to find unless you already have it Bill?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

bettye198 (16th April 2016)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1055154

"The Ancient Giants Who Ruled America; The Missing Skeletons and the Great Smithsonian Cover-Up" by Richard J. Dewhurst

Well this one is hard to find unless you already have it Bill?
    Sorry! I don't have that. But there's an excellent (long!) summary here, if you've not already seen it.

https://grahamhancock.com/dewhurstr1

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (8th April 2016)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    But (and Paul is looking into this) — if we used Amazon AWS, the facility might exist to just have a menu, just like the folder structure on your own computer, from which one could pick out and download a single book from all the others. That'd be ideal, if it's possible. We'll confirm.
    Well, it's possible, in theory. The question which will remain unanswered for a little while is how far I can get. I've figured out what basic pieces I need, and how they go together, and I've started working on the initial, simplest form of it. My Post #6, above, has the overall architecture.

I understand that uploaders, starting with Bill, would like to easily be able to select oodles of stuff on their local drive, quickly and easily, and then upload it all, keeping separate files separate. But some work will be desirable on each item, collecting a bit of metadata, such as title, author, publication date, and brief description.

I understand that browsers and downloaders would like to be able to browse the material in various ways, such as a Table of Contents, by author, searching, by user provided ratings and reviews, ...

I'm pretty sure that not all of the above will happen ... at least not anytime soon. But I hope to get enough up to get it working that it is usable, and then be able to refine it, as available interest, energy and focus allow.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th April 2016), Ewan (8th April 2016), uzn (27th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (7th May 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast