1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Default Re: Schizophrenia and its causes -- New Yorker Article

In response to your questions Curious77, something to think about people being born with the probability of schizophrenia, if now they can pinpoint a baby or a toddler with a propensity for transgenderism, why not mental illness as well? I mentioned that we have passage of terribly destructive chemicals and metals that can transfer from grandmother to mother to child. Think of grandmothers on farms dealing with fertilizers and chemicals. Think of medications as I said that have metals and synthetic fillers in there that mothers and grandmothers ingest. Think of any possible connection to power towers and heavy antibiotics and remember mercurochrome ( mercury) and the concoctions of earliest days. Yes, there most assuredly is a connection to brain from all places in the body. If you didn't know, brain cells are in the heart when the heart begins to beat in the fetus. The central nervous system has free access to the entire biologic. Then, there is the possibility of demonic control, children living in haunted homes where despicable crimes were committed, parents or family members who were insane. All of this translates.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (24th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Wait note the similarities between Autism and Schizophrenia do have to do with "pruning" but one is under-pruning and the other over-pruning.
    At the moment not straight on which is which, but you get the idea.

It isn't actually genetic .... except that it is genetic damage being caused to the brain and very possibly by vaccines.
    Last edited by Curious77; 10th May 2017 at 06:02.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (10th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Apologies --
    I've removed my summary because I was concerned that it was overly long and perhaps quoted too much from the article.
    The article remains available at the New Yorker from Spring 2016 and is titled "It Runs in Families."
    Last edited by Curious77; 13th May 2017 at 04:15.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (10th May 2017), Flash (10th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

I am familiar with the above work although different sources and think it is very promising. They do good work, good science.

Indeed, there is a publication you might be interested in. It often is both environment and genetics that play roles. They looked at 1000s of papers from 1985-2010. (Must have had a lot of grads students help him) Then looked at what keeps coming up comparing Tourette's, Autism, Schizophrenia and ADHD. These proteins are common items between them. Published 2012 note some unknowns listed, still a lot to learn.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...2/#!po=9.48276

I isolated the chart so you can see them.

http://www.frontiersin.org/files/Art...00351-t001.jpg

8. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    There was a famous psychiatrist in the 50's and 60's who did a lot of work with children and others and was a prolific author. His name was a household name. I read some of what he wrote about his experiments with schizophrenics. In short, he used massive doses of Vitamin C on the most hopeless cases with complete success. This confirms those above who used the nutritional view of healing.

I was inadvertently married to a secret schizophrenic, an economist, who could not take the stress of his work. While in college, he ate poorly, a diet of hamburgers and probably not much else. He refused to take the medication offered and complained that he was unable to function while using it. He eventually went quite bonkers. I wish I had read about the Vitamin C in time for that episode in my life.

An interesting aside about people who hear voices and seem to be having delusions. They may be having cross-over experiences from parallel lives. I know that sounds nuts, but if we are living many lives simultaneously, they must be connected at some level; and a nutritional deficiency may thin the barrier between worlds. Also when Schizophrenics hear voices, they may be connecting telepathically with others.
    I think so too. The brain's functions are largely inhibitory. When brain pruning, typical for ALL adolescents, goes haywire, resulting in schizophrenia it is because some of the filtering processes are destroyed. The schizophrenics mind is now more open to the unconscious.

It's really important here to differentiate between the Unconscious and the Collective Unconscious. After years of observing family members with severe mental illness I reached the conclusion that the schizophrenic becomes MORE open to the Unconscious, while at the same time becoming more and more disconnected from the Collective Unconscious of Man. This is an alarming, scary place to be. It is not an elevated spiritual journey. It is Hell.

I think too, that people with autism suffer varying degrees of disconnection with the the collective.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Fairy Friend (11th May 2017)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Hi Fairy Friend --

Thank you for your response --

Quote Tourette disorder is a tremendously interesting and surprisingly common syndrome for which there is long standing evidence of a genetic contribution.
    Of course, what I am putting forward is the alternative idea that it is not "genes" at fault in some failing of nature, but rather that these are all cases of genetic damage due to human error and specifically to vaccines.

And we see these same circumstances playing out in Autism where the brain and nervous system are under attack, but also the gastrointestinal system which can range from colic and projectile spitting in infants all the way to bowel dysfunction in Autism victims.

Dr. Andrew Wakefield's study of bowel dysfunction in Autism victims also actually showed that there were remnants of the MMR Measles vaccine in the guts of victims. And his studies have been reproduced by others and proven correct.

Studies are also showing that Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is also likely caused by vaccines.

You also add . . .

Quote Indeed, there is a publication you might be interested in. It often is both environment and genetics that play roles. They looked at 1000s of papers from 1985-2010. (Must have had a lot of grads students help him) Then looked at what keeps coming up comparing Tourette's, Autism, Schizophrenia and ADHD. These proteins are common items between them. Published 2012 note some unknowns listed, still a lot to learn.
    Very much agree that environmental damage/pollution also plays a part in damage to the health of all humans.

But considering the immense damage done to nature, animal-life and humans by capitalism's exploitations, it seems rather obvious that it is not nature that is causing these diseases but rather damage to genes caused by pollution - i.e., poisons in our environment. Especially Mercury which is a know poison and which is highly destructive to the brain.

All of these diseases show the likelihood that poisons have reached the brain which is the most vulnerable organ in our bodies.
    And, that the nervous system is also damaged by these poisons.

Obviously, I feel very strongly that the best research, the most honest research, is coming from questioning and challenging vaccines.

Sadly, Big Pharma doesn't only fail at the medications it produces with thousands of side effects -- many deadly -- with actual deaths attributed to them each year in the 100,000's. And, these are medications which allegedly have to pass safety tests which their vaccines do not have to pass. One look at the ingredients in the vaccines being produced by Big Pharma is enough to shake confidence in what they have been administering to the world's children - and again those ingredients do not have to be proven safe. The fact that Big Pharma cannot be held responsible for damage caused by their vaccines is another concern which I believe adds to the recklessness of vaccine production and ingredients chosen.

Let's recall that we have an epidemic of children suffering from allergies to a very common crop -- peanuts -- and that followed peanut oil being added as an ingredient in vaccines.

It is foolhardy to first point to Nature as the wrong-doer in illness when very obviously our system of capitalism has led to such immense damage to Nature and our planet.

Last edited by Curious77; 13th May 2017 at 04:51.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (13th May 2017)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

Quote Posted by Curious77 (here)
    Hi Fairy Friend --

Thank you for your response --

Quote Tourette disorder is a tremendously interesting and surprisingly common syndrome for which there is long standing evidence of a genetic contribution.
    Of course, what I am putting forward is the alternative idea that it is not "genes" at fault in some failing of nature, but rather that these are all cases of genetic damage due to human error and specifically to vaccines.

And we see these same circumstances playing out in Autism where the brain and nervous system are under attack, but also the gastrointestinal system which can range from colic and projectile spitting in infants all the way to bowel dysfunction in Autism victims.

Dr. Andrew Wakefield's study of bowel dysfunction in Autism victims also actually showed that there were remnants of the MMR Measles vaccine in the guts of victims. And his studies have been reproduced by others and proven correct.

Studies are also showing that Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is also likely caused by vaccines.

You also add . . .

Quote Indeed, there is a publication you might be interested in. It often is both environment and genetics that play roles. They looked at 1000s of papers from 1985-2010. (Must have had a lot of grads students help him) Then looked at what keeps coming up comparing Tourette's, Autism, Schizophrenia and ADHD. These proteins are common items between them. Published 2012 note some unknowns listed, still a lot to learn.
    Very much agree that environmental damage/pollution also plays a part in damage to the health of all humans.

But considering the immense damage done to nature, animal-life and humans by capitalism's exploitations, it seems rather obvious that it is not nature that is causing these diseases but rather damage to genes caused by pollution - i.e., poisons in our environment. Especially Mercury which is a know poison and which is highly destructive to the brain.

All of these diseases show the likelihood that poisons have reached the brain which is the most vulnerable organ in our bodies.
    And, that the nervous system is also damaged by these poisons.

Obviously, I feel very strongly that the best research, the most honest research, is coming from questioning and challenging vaccines.

Sadly, Big Pharma doesn't only fail at the medications it produces with thousands of side effects -- many deadly -- with actual deaths attributed to them each year in the 100,000's. And, these are medications which allegedly have to pass safety tests which their vaccines do not have to pass. One look at the ingredients in the vaccines being produced by Big Pharma is enough to shake confidence in what they have been administering to the world's children - and again those ingredients do not have to be proven safe. The fact that Big Pharma cannot be held responsible for damage caused by their vaccines is another concern which I believe adds to the recklessness of vaccine production and ingredients chosen.

Let's recall that we have an epidemic of children suffering from allergies to a very common crop -- peanuts -- and that followed peanut oil being added as an ingredient in vaccines.

It is foolhardy to first point to Nature as the wrong-doer in illness when very obviously our system of capitalism has led to such immense damage to Nature and our planet.

There is a Chinese saying I believe that "One man's meat is another man's poison". The problem with the very labels used here especially, schizophrenia, autism and ADHD are that they are spectrum disorders. That tells you more than one answer is correct. Indeed multiple problems or potentiating effects are the new normal in our toxic world. Increasing birth defects and cancer show massive DNA damage occurring.
    But just to clarify nature plays both games, in that she both can change DNA to produce new genes and adaptations yet conserves DNA so that things that work stay unchanged.

I fully agree vaccines are a problem. There are other threads here devoted just to that as well as on autism etc. We are overloading the immune functions of children without running a single test on their immune function in advance. Bad science in my opinion. But career ending if you speak out.

Also, just FYI, in my research, I had a 4p-, 9p- and 13q- show up with Tourette's. In other cases I referred out because no large scale chromosomal damage was seen. With autism we did many relabeling of diagnosis. From Prader Willi, Angelman's syndrome, Pallister-Killian (long list of DNA damage I could go on) to Fragile X where the DNA is not damaged but methylated so the genes are turned off. There so much more to it which is why I say a diagnostic panel is the answer. A better understanding of what is both wrong and right, what toxins are present or not, etc. is what direction I would like to see us go.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Flash (13th May 2017), Hym (20th November 2020)

14. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Schizophrenia and it's causes... we should include Marijuana (which I should point out is legal where I live now, and becoming increasingly more common)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Constance (20th November 2020), Savannah (20th November 2020)

16. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    An interesting aside about people who hear voices and seem to be having delusions. They may be having cross-over experiences from parallel lives. I know that sounds nuts, but if we are living many lives simultaneously, they must be connected at some level; and a nutritional deficiency may thin the barrier between worlds. Also when Schizophrenics hear voices, they may be connecting telepathically with others.
    Doesn't sound nuts to me, I experienced something similar (not recently) and that's exactly how it felt.

When my thoughts started asking me (personal) questions, I began to wonder if I had been "promoted to Spirit Guide". Could I have been a voice in someone else's head!?! I sure hope not!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Constance (20th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2