Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 9 19 26 LastLast

Thread: The Serpent, the Black Sun, HPB & St. Germain

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,170 times in 3,982 posts

Default Re: The Serpent, the Black Sun, HPB & St. Germain

Emotional Body

So there is one way of looking at things, which includes the physical body, but this can be overlooked as an illusion. This is the Master's actual teaching from the "top-down" perspective. Not only is there nothing to me that would suggest an emotional body, but consider what he has to say about the role of emotion. As Flash suggested, this is not to be read concretely or academically, but from a meditative condition. The terms are the same ones, which correspond to the sheaths from the Upanishads plus atma. "Monad" is an irreducible unit, and once one understands what it means to say the monad is atma-buddhi own its own plane, and atma-buddhi-manas in manifestation, the whole doctrine is nearly revealed.

The higher self is the perfect square circle. Manas or Mayavi Rupa + Buddhi and Atma, which together form a mirror in which is reflected Parabrahm which is the One Self. The Higher Self is shapeless, sexless, formless. It is a state of consciousness, is a breath, not a body or form.

The highest form is the Mayavi Rupa. For the body it is Manas, and its form is that of the body when not modified by will power. It is a plastic potency. It contains the whole man minus the physical body and life. The Mayavi Rupa is the middle self, and the body used by Adepts with the Kama Rupa as its vehicle. It is the seat of the emotions and feelings, as well as the thoughts. It is the human soul. The Higher Self is a spark of the Universal Spirit - Atma-Buddhi - universal, eternal, senseless on this plane. The Higher Ego is Manas. When it rises to Atma-Buddhi it completes the trinity (or circle) which is the One. Manas is the self-consciousness. It is limited to one Mahamanvantara. Buddhi passes from Mahamanvantara to Mahamanvantara.

The Lower Self is Kama Manas, the animal soul, the lowest point of materiality. It is correlated to the 4th Round and 4th Globe. The Manasic element, the Lower Manas in union with Kama is the reascent beginning the battle ground of this stage. In 19th century man instinct (Kama) has been to a great extent crushed by the development of Manas or intelligence.

The Manas is the fallen Angel, the inbreathed essence of the Manasa Putras, or those beings who collectively form the Mahat or manifested Logos. The Monad, Atma-Buddhi, does not really belong to this plane at all, but is, so to say, Parabrahmic. Therefore on this plane, Manas is the highest principle in man, and it is this Manas which makes of man either a God or Devil, according as the Divine Monad acts on this plane through the Manas, or as the Manas produces effects on this plane, by acting upon the God-Life power of the lower part of the Buddhi.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DNA (23rd January 2017), Eram (23rd January 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,657 times in 4,303 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    I would believe it is somewhat clear, because, due to his sensitivities and having experiences I've never had, DNA seems to be able to distinguish an Elementary from a Spook. To me it's an abstract lesson, but it's something he's actually done, as far as I can tell from the description.

I should elaborate on the difference and see where this goes. You knowing the literature far better than I ever will, it is possible you may be able to make sense of this.
    Just for reference sake, I have a thread titled How To See A Ghost For Yourself it's almost six years old, if anyone wakes it up with a question I'll do my best to reply on it.
    For the record I'm a much bigger fan of Castaneda than I am of the older mysticism you guys are into. It's just a "to each his own" kind of thing. I mention this because there are several key practices I took from Castaneda that helped me immensely. One was open eye meditation. Castaneda states that meditation should always be done with open eyes due to the objective of turning off the internal dialogue. Eye movement snaps one out of internal silence and for some reason it is easier to keep your eyes from moving while open than it is while they are closed. Place a small pebble preferably granite and stare at the pebble's shadow. This is best in sunlight but it doesn't have to be. There is something mystical and powerful about shadows. There is a magic about them. A mystery. Once you have stared at the shadow and your internal dialogue is turned off you see the world is really connected by shadows, it's a beautiful thing.
    You can also stare at a small pebble to the exclusion of anything else as well.
    Both work.
    When finished with your meditation bury the stone.
    I know this sounds nuts, but unwanted astral beings are attracted to energy imbued objects and believe it or not they can trace it back to you. I've ignored this advice and I've had this happen before.
    I was at work one night and after completing my shift I went on a walk to enjoy the desert landscape. I had a favorite concrete bench where there was a lion sculptured potted plant like vase. I would meditate in this spot uninterrupted sometimes for hours. I would focus on the lion sculptured potted plant vase, I would find a small indention in it or protuberance and focus on that to the exclusion of anything else.
    One day while I was doing this a truck came to syphon out the septic tank. It was a big vacuum like contraption that would pull up to a manhole cover attach a big syphoning tube and such and this would suck out all the yuck.
    After this dude was done I'm not kidding, an astral turd being of some kind came up though the ground to my meditation spot and then made a bee line right for me. Pretty freaking disgusting. This dark astral being in the shape of a six and half foot tall mud man arose out of the septic tank that was now empty and came lumbering towards my meditation spot. Upon seeing me, the thing made a bee line for me. Yuck!
    This was not a shadow being, I think this is exactly what you are talking about in terms of mortal energetic aspects of the energy body attempting to live on after death. I suppose it could be some kind of elemental as well. I never communicated with this thing so I do not know. Could a mortal energy coil without a human body or soul attempt to remain alive off of the chi/qi residue stored in human excrement?

That would be a f#cked up existance. My point though is that because I meditated here all of the time and left my energy on the lion vase with my open eye meditation I'm of the opinion that with the change to this beings normal environment (ie its poo was gone) it made a bee line to a place it knew there was a residue of psychic energy. After this lesson I went back to meditating with small stones and burying them in the earth afterwards.
    Another reason to do open eye meditation in my opinion is because it develops the third eye much faster in my opinion.
    Now I started writing this so as to give my impression of the shadow being I had an interaction and share why I felt it may very well be a creature made of the mortal energy body as you were saying. The poo monster is not the shadow being I want to discuss. I wrote the interaction down five and a half years ago here My Interactions With A Shadow Being. The reason I state that your interpretation may be correct here was something some guides had told me about the interaction. When I first saw this being it was out of the corner of my eyes. Ghosts are not like this to me, I see ghosts in front of me just like I would see anything else. But this shadow being was different, I had to keep moving my head back and forth, and look at it with the corners of my eyes. The thing was not even close to the same color or consistency as a ghost. Ghosts tend to be reddish or white and with a glowing red dot where there pineal gland would situate inside their heads. This shadow being was the absence of light. It's blackness was the blackest black. And the spirit guides lending a brother a hand warned me against helping it to cross over as I would a ghost. They pretty much were telling me not to do it. But, I attempted it anyway, and failed. This Shadow Being guy communicated with me, he was old, like well over a hundred years since he had died. He had an old west mindset and garb, even though all I could see was the cowboy hat really, but I sensed how he projected himself mentally. He feared unseen masters I could not see, but I could intuit he was tethered to or corded to them.
    I've always wondered if this is what happens to human ghosts if we f#ck around too long in the astral and on earth after death and don't cross over in a timely manner.
    Or if this is a representation of a conscious mortal energy body seeking to live on after the soul has gone to the other side and the physical body has long died.
    Last edited by DNA; 23rd January 2017 at 13:33.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Eram (23rd January 2017), Flash (16th December 2017), shaberon (26th January 2017), Valerie Villars (19th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #163
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

the shadow being you saw from the corner of you eye look like what I would see sometimes - I thought they were Djinns.
    I never saw ghosts though (may have heard them, but not seen them)
    THose are good questions DNA. Personally, although I was told Djinns are in a third dimension a notch above or different from ours, I do wonder if in fact they were not elementals or something of this kind. Or dead energy body holding a form but without soul, or dark egregors.
    Shaberon and Eram, you are welcome to answer.
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I would believe it is somewhat clear, because, due to his sensitivities and having experiences I've never had, DNA seems to be able to distinguish an Elementary from a Spook. To me it's an abstract lesson, but it's something he's actually done, as far as I can tell from the description.

I should elaborate on the difference and see where this goes. You knowing the literature far better than I ever will, it is possible you may be able to make sense of this.
    Just for reference sake, I have a thread titled How To See A Ghost For Yourself it's almost six years old, if anyone wakes it up with a question I'll do my best to reply on it.
    For the record I'm a much bigger fan of Castaneda than I am of the older mysticism you guys are into. It's just a "to each his own" kind of thing. I mention this because there are several key practices I took from Castaneda that helped me immensely. One was open eye meditation. Castaneda states that meditation should always be done with open eyes due to the objective of turning off the internal dialogue. Eye movement snaps one out of internal silence and for some reason it is easier to keep your eyes from moving while open than it is while they are closed. Place a small pebble preferably granite and stare at the pebble's shadow. This is best in sunlight but it doesn't have to be. There is something mystical and powerful about shadows. There is a magic about them. A mystery. Once you have stared at the shadow and your internal dialogue is turned off you see the world is really connected by shadows, it's a beautiful thing.
    Both work.
    When finished with your meditation bury the stone.
    I know this sounds nuts, but unwanted astral beings are attracted to energy imbued objects and believe it or not they can trace it back to you. I've ignored this advice and I've had this happen before.
    I was at work one night and after completing my shift I went on a walk to enjoy the desert landscape. I had a favorite concrete bench where there was a lion sculptured potted plant like vase. I would meditate in this spot uninterrupted sometimes for hours. I would focus on the lion sculptured potted plant vase, I would find a small indention in it or protuberance and focus on that to the exclusion of anything else.
    One day while I was doing this a truck came to syphon out the septic tank. It was a big vacuum like contraption that would pull up to a manhole cover attach a big syphoning tube and such and this would suck out all the yuck.
    After this dude was done I'm not kidding, an astral turd being of some kind came up though the ground to my meditation spot and then made a bee line right for me. Pretty freaking disgusting. This dark astral being in the shape of a six and half foot tall mud man arose out of the septic tank that was now empty and came lumbering towards my meditation spot. Upon seeing me, the thing made a bee line for me. Yuck!
    This was not a shadow being, I think this is exactly what you are talking about in terms of mortal energetic aspects of the energy body attempting to live on after death. I suppose it could be some kind of elemental as well. I never communicated with this thing so I do not know. Could a mortal energy coil without a human body or soul attempt to remain alive off of the chi/qi residue stored in human excrement?

That would be a f#cked up existance. My point though is that because I meditated here all of the time and left my energy on the lion vase with my open eye meditation I'm of the opinion that with the change to this beings normal environment (ie its poo was gone) it made a bee line to a place it knew there was a residue of psychic energy. After this lesson I went back to meditating with small stones and burying them in the earth afterwards.
    Another reason to do open eye meditation in my opinion is because it develops the third eye much faster in my opinion.
    Now I started writing this so as to give my impression of the shadow being I had an interaction and share why I felt it may very well be a creature made of the mortal energy body as you were saying. The poo monster is not the shadow being I want to discuss. I wrote the interaction down five and a half years ago here My Interactions With A Shadow Being. The reason I state that your interpretation may be correct here was something some guides had told me about the interaction. When I first saw this being it was out of the corner of my eyes. Ghosts are not like this to me, I see ghosts in front of me just like I would see anything else. But this shadow being was different, I had to keep moving my head back and forth, and look at it with the corners of my eyes. The thing was not even close to the same color or consistency as a ghost. Ghosts tend to be reddish or white and with a glowing red dot where there pineal gland would situate inside their heads. This shadow being was the absence of light. It's blackness was the blackest black. And the spirit guides lending a brother a hand warned me against helping it to cross over as I would a ghost. They pretty much were telling me not to do it. But, I attempted it anyway, and failed. This Shadow Being guy communicated with me, he was old, like well over a hundred years since he had died. He had an old west mindset and garb, even though all I could see was the cowboy hat really, but I sensed how he projected himself mentally. He feared unseen masters I could not see, but I could intuit he was tethered to or corded to them.
    I've always wondered if this is what happens to human ghosts if we f#ck around too long in the astral and on earth after death and don't cross over in a timely manner.
    Or if this is a representation of a conscious mortal energy body seeking to live on after the soul has gone to the other side and the physical body has long died.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DNA (24th January 2017), shaberon (26th January 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

I spent a number of years with Castaneda as well. The American Indian cultures, probably especially Mayan, Toltec, Inca, were another branch of the Trans-Himalayan and Luxor lodge. Castaneda's mentors I believe refer to Toltecs as magicians. Seemingly the Brotherhood is more powerful amongst the Tribes than it is with the European Settlers. Yes, I've been watching a lot of negative space since I learned his visualization methods.

I have never seen a full apparition, but I have seen the Shadow People moving around on the edges. I don't know where that term comes from. Elementals can animate Spooks and Elementaries. If either one refuses its post mortem process, eventually it begins to disintegrate anyway. Don't know if a Shadow is a partially disintegrated one, but maybe. I'm curious in what way did it fail to banish?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DNA (26th January 2017), Flash (16th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    the shadow being you saw from the corner of you eye look like what I would see sometimes - I thought they were Djinns.
    I never saw ghosts though (may have heard them, but not seen them)
    THose are good questions DNA. Personally, although I was told Djinns are in a third dimension a notch above or different from ours, I do wonder if in fact they were not elementals or something of this kind. Or dead energy body holding a form but without soul, or dark egregors.
    Shaberon and Eram, you are welcome to answer.
    There are many kinds of elementals, but the four basic ones are approximately correct:

Earth, Gnome, Dao
    Water, Undine, Marid
    Air, Sylph, Djinn
    Fire, Salamander, Afrit

Their natural form is like a spinning ball or vortex of air, or a heat wave. Man's mind can project an appearance onto them. The elementals can blow some undead along like a set of sails, but elementals are really capable of a whole lot of things.

Islamic cultures tend to use the word djinn generically to include hauntings and possessions and everything bad. So it has a general use, but it's specifically an air elemental in magic.

Our puppy's linga sharira was just knocked out of it by automobile, so, I am not going to try to see it, but I am going to have an emotion for it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DNA (26th January 2017), Flash (16th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #166
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,657 times in 4,303 posts

I have never seen a full apparition, but I have seen the Shadow People moving around on the edges. I don't know where that term comes from. Elementals can animate Spooks and Elementaries. If either one refuses its post mortem process, eventually it begins to disintegrate anyway. Don't know if a Shadow is a partially disintegrated one, but maybe. I'm curious in what way did it fail to banish?

Shadow beings make attachments.
    If you are seeing a shadow being, chances are it is connected to you. I can't tell you for sure what the Shadow Being is. But these attachments are made to 3-D physical humans, and more than one. Further more Shadow Beings from what I've seen are corded from above so to speak. That means thereare those in the Shadow People community who outrank said shadow being and have corded him just as he is cording human beings in a energetic pyramid scheme of some kind. The reason mystics abstain from sex is this, sex is a huge expenditure of energy, and if one is in the practice of releasing this kind of energy it attracts energetic vampires who wish to feed on it. My story below isn't a case of my being the exception in so far as this is concerned, I believe my story reflects how I'm part of the norm, it is just not common to see what is going on.
    I'm only speculating but from my lone experience below it is my guess that Shadow People are ghosts who have not crossed over and who have entered into a system of parasitism marking them with the absence of light. This absence of light makes them the blackest black.

So, I'm meditating with the folks, when I notice a being in the room with us. (The folks were some non-physical beings I would meditate with from time to time, they would only show up when I was deep in meditation)
    This being for all intents and purposes appeared to be a man, except that he was not something I could see with my meditation eyes. My third eye being activated didn't help me see this thing.
    I could only see him from the corners of my eyes.
    In order to keep him in my vision, I had to move my head from side to side to keep him in my field of vision through the corners of my eyes.

This should have told me that he was not a ghost. But, having had no experience with whatever this (shadow being) was, I continued to treat him like a ghost.
    I placed my palms forward and began the breathing exercises that would allow me to project energy through my palms towards him.
    This man of pure black hovered in front of me, accepting my offering of energy and a sort of communication then began to occur.
    I began empathizing with the man, trying to find out why he was a ghost so that I could help him.
    I figuired that if I helped him forgive himself, for whatever it was he had done, then he could pass over.

I should mention that this was one of those rare times when the folks interjected.
    I should have known at this point that something was a-miss.
    The folks were telling me that it was not a good idea to continue what I was doing.
    In my ignorance and naivity I thought it a good idea to continue.
    For the record, I have noticed now, (hindsight is 20/20) that when the folks appear while I'm in meditation, ghosts can not stay, it is as if a field of energy accompanies the folks and ghosts can not persist in it, so the fact that the folks were there meditating with me and this (shadow being) was there means the shadow being was not a ghost.
    I don't know how or why, but the presence of the folks and the energy they bring banishes ghosts.
    But, this being, (this being of dark and shadow) was not being banished like ghosts are subject to being when the folks show up.
    This could tell me a lot if I could extract the right answer from it.

As I meditated with this, shadow creature that looked like a man I began to extract certain pieces of knowledge.
    For instance, he had done something that he regretted immeseurably, and it was this guilt that kept him from moving on.
    Now this seems like typical ghost stuff. But now it get's weird. When I began an immersive meditation of forgivness of myself so that I could project the energy of forgiveness onto the shadow man so that he could feel how good this felt and begin to forgive himself he stopped me.
    He told me how afraid he was of those he considered to be above himself,(his superiors) and how there was no way he would be able to move on so to speak.

It was then that I noticed that this being had a cord attached to me.
    This cord was attached to myself and I don't know how many others, but this was not a singular connection for this entity.
    This entity had other humans attached to it.
    And this entity also had cords attached to other entities that fed on it just like it was feeding on humans.
    There seemed to be a pyramid scheme of sorts, and this entity connected to me was a gatherer of human energy and there were those above it, who could take this creatures stolen and personal energy.

I continued meditating with this being, and he eventually forgave himself enough to detach from me. This took three hours of immersive meditation.
    At this point, he noticed the "folks", and they led him off to what looked like an upward ascending spiral staircase.
    Now, I have to tell you, this was weird too, because the folks don't deal with ghosts.
    They are not angels. I can only use conjecture at this point when contemplating what happened to said individual.
    It is my rationale(though I was never told this) that the folks had to do work with this individual to get him to release his cords that were connected to other human beings(before he could cross over).
    Further more, he may have had to have had help in releasing the cords that were attached to those above him(in the pyramid scheme) before he could pass over.

The folks then began concentrating on healing my area of recent connection and detachment. (This area was sore for a couple of days).
    I was then capable of receiving a message from them, and the message was that, the reason they had suggested I not try to do what I did, wasn't so much in that I couldn't do it, (which is what I thought at the time, because this being was by far the most difficult being to cross over I had ever accomplished) it was that this being was sure to be replaced by another and you didn't know if the new one would be better or worse than the previous one.

Such is the state of our hyper-sexed society. For the cord of this being was definatly attached to my sexual area. I don't consider my self an over sexed person, but averagelly so. One must admit that an immense amount of energy, wether you call it psychic or spiritual is projected here. I can't help but to be reminded of Carlos Castaneda's admonishments about not wasting one's energy in the sexual arena and the later mentionings of the "mudshadows", a group of non-organic life forms that feed on human energy.
    This seems like a good enough note to end on as any.

All questions and speculations are welcome.
    DNA

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Flash (16th December 2017), fourty-two (7th February 2017), shaberon (27th January 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Ok, a network of cords.

Public consciousness has the term, Skywalker, at easy reference...it is a translation from Tibetan for Adept projection of Mayavi-Rupa. Contrastingly, the term, Earthwalker, would point to someone who refuses to die...they have only lost the use of their physical body.

So, one or more cords went "up", and there were superiors of whom this person was afraid. Just speculating, since this person has not died, he is mostly the same person with the same knowledge as when he was in the body, so he might not really know who the superiors might be. Possibly the superiors are just the normal death process where the things he put in the Book of Life come up, and he could have been ultra terrified about that. Or, maybe the suggestion is correct and it does lead to a second tier vampire who, so to speak, makes the rules for feeding. Both things could be true.

What's uncanny about him being "replaced" is it then sounds like, these cords leave an open wound...and then the boss can show the new guy how to easily fit in...

Since the luminous astral plastic body, linga sharira, generally fades with the decay of flesh from the physical body, at an unnatural age of 100 years or more, quite possibly it just goes dark. Even though it consumes something, it might not necessarily glow again. Which would be a good bargaining chip for a vampire lord...if someone said "no" originally, he could come back in a few years and show the person they were getting dimmer...and maybe his arrangement would be more tempting. I cannot think of a reason that a phantom would have a shadowy form, other than it being earthbound to a decomposed body.

I have to say, that, not as a known type of clairvoyance I've ever read anything about, but just from direct experience, a few times in my life I have seen a person with a dead look in their eyes, and in each case the person was gone within a week or so. I have not noticed this look on every person I've met who died, but each time I saw it, which is probably only around three times, it was unerring. And I didn't want to say anything about it, but when we had this puppy, I saw it had the same dead look.

I don't know if there is a name for that, or what exactly I was responding to, but the most accurate words I could put to it are "no future".

The Earthwalker condition is a likely result of sudden, violent death (accident/murder/suicide); so the dog will most likely have a few years to spend as such. I would guess that after bouncing around for the equivalent period of its life energy, it will then get its own little doggie moment of death and most likely pass through, unlike a person, who, due to their bad feelings, strong beliefs, or outright viciousness, is the only kind of creature wicked enough to actually refuse and resist the passing.

So the guy from the experience, he was, perhaps, hung--fair according to man's laws, but somewhat of a curse from the occult perspective.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DNA (27th January 2017), Flash (16th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

In thinking about this death stuff in the abstract, I had kind of forgotten my true confessional personal anecdote, which boomeranged back to me.

Knowing how it works, then, I have every reason to believe that I have an Earthwalker type Elementary attached to me in a close personal manner.

And, it would have a natural lifespan longer than myself, aside from what it may gain from vampirism.

However, I have never felt the slightest effect from it. Not a single time. No type of visitation or appearance, no discernably different feelings during its existence as compared to before, nothing at all.

In the worst case scenario, that might suggest that I am simply so accustomed to a crowd of shadow people latching on with their cords, that one more doesn't really change anything. Or else I'm completely clean and immune to them. I haven't the psychic senses to tell, and as I described, what I did have, I shut off intentionally.

I do have a high degree of animal magnetism, and I never get sick. As one other little experiment, and this may repel you somewhat, but I have been drinking from the same cup every day and have not washed it in almost a year. This has made no difference whatsoever. Diseases come from the astral plane.

One of the strongest respondents to prana and animal magnetism is the cat. Our cats admire me much more than anyone else, for this reason, that at least my prana is somewhat conserved and concentrated. The cat will schmooze your magnetism and not care one whit if it's irritating you emotionally. A dog, by contrast, responds much more to emotion. Notice if you discipline a dog, it's often hurt more by your anger than the physical swat or whatever you do to it.

The dogs and other animals don't have the same kind of occult constitution as humans, so their after-death state is not really the same. But in the case of our poor puppy being hit by a car, that leaves him with an Earthwalking astral doppelganger for what, twelve, fifteen years, something like that, and the house and yard are all he knows, so I'm pretty sure he's stuck here, specifically, for all that time.

As for the person that has a pretty strong connection to me individually (and not many others), a few physical miles of additional travel wouldn't make any difference. But as far as I know, this situation would be as real today as it was then, which was about fifteen years ago. It had practically slipped my mind, and now in thinking about these things, it appears to be the case that I should just get used to it as a fact for a lifetime. So I really wonder why I can't sense anything about it, ever. Maybe it didn't "pick me", but I can't come up with a reason why not. Maybe mileage does matter, and if it's easier for them to get what they need in the area where they died, they won't follow up on their personal connections.

A sorceror at least chooses their condition, and to some extent knows what they're doing. The typical person who gets stuck between life and death must be in a very sorry, helpless mess.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DNA (6th February 2017), Flash (16th December 2017), fourty-two (7th February 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

I've taken on a massive scripting project, which has absorbed most of my internet time, so haven't really been doing further research or anything. Not forgetting about it, just kind of have to shuffle life around so things can take their places.

One thing did occur to me in a somewhat lucid dream; I do not consider myself a particularly skilled astral projector, and this might be part of why. In times past, I've had various people try to tell me that dreaming about being in a car was "symbolic" of projection, or something to that effect, but it occurred to me that it's another modern means of more or less hijacking the astral experience. I get a ton of dreams about driving, and to a lesser extent, being on an airplane. To someone only a century or so ago, these would probably be relatively free, unfettered projections.

It dawned on me that simply by repetitively experiencing these mechanical vehicles, that the mind forms an automatic, instantaneous association that the phenomenon of moving without using the leg muscles, is caused by a vehicle. So instead of proceeding to a projection, the dreamer thinks, "oh, I must be in a car" (or maybe a bus or train if that's more common for them), and then you're locked in for the remainder of the time.

So, when I realized that I probably shouldn't be in a car, that something was not right about this car, I made a conscious decision to try something unusual with it. I was driving down an ordinary neighborhood street, and decided to swerve through some yards and crash into a house. Well, since there is also a great deal of conditioning against doing that, what happened is, the steering wheel turned easily enough and...the car just kept going straight down the street. That baffled me, so I woke up.

It simply seems to be another kind of prison that inhibits natural function at those times.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Eram (30th April 2017), Flash (16th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

We've reached a New Moon, which, in astrological terms, is Moon conjunct Sun (full moon is an opposition). As everyone probably already knows, the next new moon will be a once-in-a-lifetime full solar eclipse. The reason there is not an eclipse on each new moon is because the moon's orbit is tilted about five degrees off the plane of the earth's orbit. The abstract point where the orbital planes intersect is called a Node. So there's no eclipse unless there is a triple conjunction of Sun-Moon-Node.

The Moon's Node is the Dragon, or, specifically, Dragon's Head (North Node). Usually the Dragon's Tail (South Node) is not referred to very much, although the South Node conjunct the Moon, opposing the Sun, results in a Lunar eclipse.

Next month promises to be a very spectacular return of the Dragon for North America, which intrigues me personally as we are less than 150 miles from the center point, and we might drive down into it. At that moment, everyone will get a tiny taste of clairvoyance--the invisible becomes visible, i. e. corona. This is safe to look at, but to watch the conjunction apply, you should make a pinhole projector and only look at the screen.

I don't want to get too deep into personal charts, but when I re-made mine using the sidereal system, not only does it seem frightfully more telling, it also places the Node on a cusp. I have never even considered the Node's role in a chart, and even though it's not really an object, if there are any doubts to its influence, I expect those would be quelled next month.

In starting this thread as an ex-devotee of Alice Bailey, I still did not know where she got the basis for her massive library, but, as it turns out, it is mostly a takeoff from C. W. Leadbeater--the person whose obituary by a group of Canadian Theosophists credited him with single-handedly destroying Theosophy. As early as 1886, he had made a statement that "Master wanted me to try some kundalini yoga techniques to enhance my clairvoyance". Maybe...even though that already seems to fly in the face of the established practice. Nevertheless, in 1888, he was still referred to as being in good standing by Koothoomi.

Some people believe that because Koothoomi's four letters to him around 1884 use the term "my chela", it means that he had somehow skipped the seven year probationary phase, even though that was the same for everyone for millenia. KH's final letter in 1900 (to Annie Besant) specifically said that the "Masters cult" had to be stopped, and also that her biggest trial was yet to come. While it doesn't specifically say this trial was the CWL scandal which erupted in 1906, it is hard to imagine what else it could be.

In my case, when I was a Bailey student, I did so with the impression that the Mahatma Letters were authentic and so it seemed obvious to me that at some point those blue books would be "unveiled" to express what the Master had really said, but no, there was nothing like that. In fact, it would be more of a denial, according to CWL they were not real:

Leadbeater himself did not believe that the “Mahatma letters” were written by the Masters directly. When Mr W.G. John, the General Secretary of the Australian Section of the Theosophical Society, wrote to him in 1912 asking for clarification of apparent differences between his teachings and those of HPB, Leadbeater replied:

Remember that the letters to Sinnett and Hume were not written or dictated directly by a Master, as we at the time supposed, but were the work of pupils carrying out general directions given to them by the Masters, which is a very different thing… But we do not trouble ourselves in the least about reconciling the earlier statements – we just describe what we ourselves see, or repeat what is said to us by those whom we trust. [Quoted in The O.E. Library Critic, May-June, 1937]

So he's pretty much just called them all garbage, without identifying those whom he trusts. Even though many of those letters were physically written by chelas (psychic dictation), some of them were "precipitated", a process which deposits ink in microscopic lines like a fax does. KH said he could not explain that phenomenon until science learns more of the "lithophyll" or "lithobiblion", which are terms now deleted from the dictionary, referring to the impress of leaves onto stones. But no matter which method was used to make a letter, he said it took about the same amount of time--because he had to make a mental picture of every sentence and every single letter. And some of them are quite long; I can't memorize that much stuff down to the last detail. But, in CWL's view, he says we should "remember" that they are completely removed from their alleged authors, as if that was something we knew for sure and somehow forgot. He apparently is saying that what he sees and trusts is not the same as the original. It sounds like a confession mixed with "who cares".

Gandhi was one of those Indian natives who had been "whitewashed" to dismiss his own culture contemptuously, until he came to Theosophy--which, besides its esoteric teachings, gave free lessons in Sanskrit, gave free medicine (homeopathic and allopathic), and was pre-eminent in reconciling age-old clashes such as between Hindus and Buddhists in Ceylon, and a lot of the caste traditions, such as the terrible things that happened to widows. Gandhi himself was an adherent only of the original, and could not stand CWL:

“I do not think that Mrs. Besant is a hypocrite; she is credulous and she is duped by Leadbeater. When an Englishman suggested to me to read Leadbeater’s The Life After Death, I flatly refused to do so as I had grown suspicious of him after reading his other writings. As to his humbug [i.e. fraud and deception], I came to know of if later.”

When I was young, before finding the Bailey material, I recall that my turning point from having...maxed out on Western magic and then looking East...were the books by Evans-Wentz drawn from Buddhism; his consultant for making the translations was Anagarika Dharmapala. I had no clue at the time, but, as you can easily guess...Dharmapala was a protege' of HPB while she was at Adyar. And what he had to say to Alice Cleather, whom we've mentioned before:

“C.W.L. and A.B. are spiritualistic acrobats. They know the diplomacy of necromancy; but they succeed. In 1907, I attacked them furiously; but as I say they are diplomats and they know what way to go to get hold of the people who desire for occult studies. … Col. Olcott loved power more than truth. He feared A.B. … Theosophy of C.W.L. and Besant is a travesty of the doctrine taught by H.P.B. In 1900 I wrote in my diary that the 3rd Vol. of the S.D. was a fabrication of A.B. She is clever and managed to do what she willed. … Every attempt should be made to warn true Theosophists of A.B.’s & C.W.L.’s writings. The latter is a necromancer and a diabolical liar.”

He then told Christmas Humphreys:

“Mrs A.B. I am afraid will eventually destroy the work of H.P.B. and the Masters. The T.S. will become under her management a Christian sect, and bishops, deacons etc. will rule the T.S. Brotherhood will disappear. Ambition, pride, the desire to rule will control the minds of those members and they will degenerate.”

Dharmapala was from Ceylon and was there while CWL was doing his thing, and the impression he got was:

“The Buddhist English School, founded by C.W. Leadbeater, has a history. Mr Leadbeater showed his fondness to a number of boys, and he started the school to teach them. The school became the centre of scandal, and Mr Leadbeater had to be sent away for a time to Adyar and the school was left in the hands of Sinhalese teachers.

“On his return from Adyar, it was found that he had not undergone any change, and he began holding seances with the few boys until midnight in a darkened room. I was one of the sitters. Mr Leadbeater made us lay our hands on the tea-table, and we observed that it began to move. Then he talked to the spirit and established a code of raps to get the answers. The first thing he did was to get the record of our past lives. Each one got a name and one boy was told that he was the wife of Leadbeater in a past birth.

“We continued on for some weeks and gave it up because of the scandal.”

As an example of that tag team's clever perfidy, I'll borrow some reasoning from K. Hesselink. This is with respect to the Sanskrit term "linga sharira", translated as astral body, or double, doppelganger, eidolon. In one of her footnotes, Besant says:

Linga Sarira was the name originally given to the Etheric Body and must not be confused with the Linga Sarira of Hindu philosophy.

Hesselink's thoughts on this are:

But the 'Etheric Body' is her modern term and Linga Sarira is an ancient one. She does not explain the origins of the term 'Etheric Body' nor what she meant by 'originally', but in the original (Blavatsky) theosophical literature there is no 'etheric' body or state of matter. Besant does not say why the Etheric Body should not be confused with the Linga Sarira. She implies that the term Etheric Body was somehow of more ancient usage than Linga Sarira but does not justify her statement. It was certainly used as a word by mediaeval and even 19th century occultists but not in the sense in which Besant used it.

That is how their claims have to be deconstructed, and Alice Bailey is rife with the same; i. e., she makes numerous references to The Secret Doctrine--many of which, if you look, cannot be found or do not support how she is trying to use them. Bailey was also unfavorable towards Gandhi, perhaps because he was opposed to all the innovations being lumped onto the original.

So, although one may dismiss it as a myth, which is why I'm posting under that category, this myth is brought to us by a reclusive Trans-Himalayan or Kyelang Brotherhood; it's not a "Great White Brotherhood" (another invention). HPB once actually offered to reveal the true name of the Brotherhood to some guy in a debate if he could answer her question, which, of course, he fell flat, so we'll never really know. In my estimation, it continues to operate fully secretly with no publicly disclosed additions to its teaching. If one of its actual Adepts or chelas happened to encounter this debate, he or she would not be in a position to make a personal testimony, and could only argue based upon those materials which are in the public domain.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Callista (22nd July 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #171
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

Thank you shaberon, for the above post - fits in nicely with my own conclusions re AB and CWL. HPB must be grinding her teeth! After I read HPB's Secret Doctrine, I couldn't understand how AB got traction with her postulating, except that I now believe it was a deliberate deception to discredit the theosophical movement, as HPB envisioned it.

On the matter of North Nodes - I was drawn to this book several years' ago and it has helped me tremendously - not only to understand myself, but to help others in their quest. "Astrology For The Soul" by Jan Spiller, Bantam Books.
    Last edited by Callista; 22nd July 2017 at 08:38.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

Flash (28th November 2017), shaberon (5th August 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Yes, I think the "final mahatma letter" was conclusive, wherein Ms. Besant was told she was under "a deluding influence" and that, "the cant about masters must be stopped". The influences, as far as we can tell, were Ledbeater and a Mr. Chakravarti from orthodox Hinduism, kind of like an Indian Jesuit. Do you realize that if you took the "ritual cleanliness" of Hinduism literally, it would dictate every moment of your life, and make Jewish ritual cleanliness seem like child's play?

HPB did say "the imitators are our most insiduous enemies".

I am not going to go into CWL for his bio, or to read his works, but from what I can see, it looks like he wanted to turn the Eastern doctrines into a "little boys' fantasy land" for his own purposes. So, he may not have been actively "sent" by the Black Lodge, but he appears to have done their commission 100%.

Unfortunately, both Koothoomi and Morya agreed to take on the karma of giving Eastern esotericism to "pehlings" (westerners, foreigners), and probably suffered a heavy burden. Again, regarding the time when the door was wide open to potential chelas on a public basis, only four succeeded, none of them Europeans.

I personally don't think that I myself am anywhere near being ready to submit myself for chelaship, but Alice Bailey would certainly not only get you to think that you are, but have you believing you are one the path of "Absolute Sonship" or one of her other choices. I never noticed the Bailey group that I was involved with, having much of any clue about what was going on right down the street from their house. I don't think any of them were really at the CWL level of "let's make something up", but I think most of them were led astray by the Bailey teachings. There was a minor nod towards Buddhism, but otherwise it seemed mostly like Christian astrology. If they had ever said anything like "we're rich, let's give away some food and medicine", it might have been more convincing, but it was not.

In this way, I think it is part of the thread's core: both of what's called "Christianity" and "Theosophy" have nothing to do with the founders they were based on, but were changes, practically opposites, of what Jesus and HPB would have said and done. The only real difference is that it took the church a few centuries to gain traction over the heretics/gnostics, whereas CWL was more of an instant backstab. I can understand a few details of semantics being different, when you compare places separated by centuries and thousands of miles, like the Mayans and Persians. Finding the common ground is what Theosophy is. I *can't* understand, what, in the days of the printing press and being in the same place, how that excuses CWL/AB from making a totally different teaching from the original. The only conclusion I can reach, is that they were not under the guidance of the same Koothoomi who wrote to A. P. Sinnett, and who was personally known to HPB in 1868.

The only hole I can poke into anything that KH ever wrote, was that he said, the Geluk-pa wear yellow robes, because yellow is the color of light transmitted through blood, instead of reflecting off of it. He did say that different colors travel at different speeds through mediums, which science reports as true. But I don't know about the color of light transmitted through blood. And so that could be right.

I will look at the astrological thing. For me, it is almost irrelevant what it means about or to me personally, but, if through a personal chart, it advances some understanding of the subject, then its useful. I'm a bit intimidated to look at it, since, using a sidereal method, well, it seemed chillingly accurate. I think that tropical zodiac certainly has its merits in terms of the seasons and calendar, but perhaps sidereal is more accurate psychologically. I think the part of the thread where we approached the fixed cross/Taurus would be very valuable, if milked for what it can yield.

The Agni Yoga/Roerich things are not as wide off the mark, but let's face it: in the same way that Alice Bailey chalked everything up to the United Nations, the Roerich material is staunch Leninist. None of the original teachings dabble in politics much, except as has already been mentioned. Although it is almost always anti-British and pro-Indian, one thing the Masters were against, was the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny against the British. They feared that if the British were removed, India would remain vulnerable to other colonial powers: most likely Persia or Russia. Even France had a pretty good foothold, south of Madras. Mostly, we can credit British colonialists, for not going into an all-out "cultural genocide". I mean, the British Empire as a whole was trash, but, relatively, they were not as destructive as Muslims or other types of warmongers. When the Muslims destroyed Nalanda university in the 1200s, Buddhism was practically wiped out in India. Buddhism certainly does not even claim the Khans as their way of taking over the world. It is only, since the times of Tson-kha-pa (1400s), that they have attempted it once per century, on a verbal basis.

The chelaship or Masters' path, that I seem to revere, is the only thing that espouses both (a) the complete truth, and (b) that it is the solution to the world's problems. Two millenia of Christianity and Islam, have not gainsaid that doctrine, as far as I can tell.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (28th November 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #173
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote I am not going to go into CWL for his bio, or to read his works, but from what I can see, it looks like he wanted to turn the Eastern doctrines into a "little boys' fantasy land" for his own purposes. So, he may not have been actively "sent" by the Black Lodge, but he appears to have done their commission 100%.
    CWL was into spiritualism prior to Theosophy, it was then because of his thinly veiled interest in boys that he became an instrument of deception via the dark forces that are the usual demise of such people, no organised shadowy network is necessary.

It's quite clear from the quotes in post 170, the hints are about as blatant as anyone could get .... "and one boy was told that he was the wife of Leadbeater in a past birth" .... I dread to think what happened to that boy ....

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Flash (28th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2017), shaberon (8th October 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

Yes, the "past lives" thing was another invention. He was known to lie about his birthday, in order to claim he had been born in the same year as Annie Besant, to make a plausible basis for them being a tag-team duo, jumping in and out of bodies throughout the centuries, along with adepts that were misrepresented or made up.

I can't really imagine the lengths someone must go through, in order to conceal a taste for pedophilia. And even if there weren't things like shackles and torture involved with this case, it's still got to be pretty miserable to be on the receiving end of it.

Publishing books wasn't exactly a crime, even if they are rife with insidious mental poison.

A. P. Sinnett was at least pretty straightforward and honest. In his attempt to penetrate "The Occult World", he was refused correspondence by multiple adepts, until Koothoomi decided to take him up on it. He being the only one with "a little" Western university education, which he was required to have, prior to occult initiation. He had an interest since childhood, and a relative who was an adept. They were originally from Punjab, and had only relatively recently moved to Kashmir. Of course, shortly after KH takes to task a little bit of teaching to a westerner, Sinnett was soon requesting more performances of occult phenomena for scientific study, and changes in chela-ship to make it more convenient for Europeans.

This troubled KH deeply enough that he was obliged to ride through Karakorum to wherever the headquarters may have been, to appeal to the Mahachohan, or eldest chief adept, only to return with the "Letter from the Mahachohan".

Among other things, in 1880, the chief says "Western civilization is a failure"--due to the social and political programs that increase the "struggle for life", and religious belief that spawns an unhealthy attitude towards death. He also maintains that Bodhisattvas Amitabha and Avalokiteshvara are real, and he is but their humble disciple. It's probably not something brand new he just made up in order to dodge Sinnet's requests. It's more like a timeless message, valid since ancient times and still current today. Still current because the advice has not been followed very much, and because it has nearly disappeared behind a legion of shiny, cheap copies.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (28th November 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Whiskey_Mystic (8th October 2017)

29. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

Brian Hodgson and Seven Rays

Some of the Sanskrit terms employed by HPB and the adepts can only be found in a bit of material by Brian Hodgson, the British Resident in Nepal around 1833-1844.
    While in Nepal, Hodgson was the first foreigner to be able to study Sanskrit there. He only had one guide amidst the realm of Buddhism, so the terms, Dhyani Buddha, and Svabhavika, only seem to have emerged from that particular person. They are not to be found in Buddhist texts Nepal or elsewhere. As the sole source, Hodgson was quoted by other writers in the literature for nearly 100 years.

Hodgson wound up having some role with the Kunwar dynasty. His son was a tutor of the son-in-law of Jang Bahadur Kunwar, the Prime Minister. After the 1846 Kot Massacre, Kunwar was able to install King Surendra, who was basically a puppet, even a prisoner. In 1850, Kunwar made a then-unheard of move, which was to travel to Britain, France, and Egypt. He did not succeed in getting the British government to deal directly with him while he was there, but he was able to establish goodwill. Nepal's future would generally be cooperation with, but independence from, the British. In 1857 from Darjeeling, Hodgson influenced Lord Canning to accept Kunwar's help in suppressing the Sepoy Mutiny. In 1858, King Surendra gave Kunwar the name Rana, a Rajput title of martial glory (Jang Bahadur Rana).

Although there is no known Svabhavika, a Nepalese school or devotee of Svabhava, the term itself is not used, but the meaning of it is true. The oldest stream of Sanskrit Buddhism only survived in Nepal, as barbarian invaders destroyed it in the rest of India. Svabhava is a legitimate term for invisible essence used by them. If we were to say that mulaprakriti or root matter is "another" word for it, the context is that "prakriti" originates in Samkhya, the teaching of Rishi Kapila, who, in the time of Krishna, was already considered ancient.

Buddha came from Kapila-vastu, Nepal, and was trained in Samkhya.

The belief in svabhava or prakriti is the belief in the indestructibility of matter, which, in its passive phase, is completely unknowable; in its active phase, spirit, the logos, or purusha in the ancient terminology, awakens within the prakriti. By active phase, it means manifestation and the production of worlds, the "outward" direction of the breath, which, when drawn in, subdues the varieties of matter until restoring it all back to homogeneity.

That is to say, matter is a thing that is not created by, projected from, or given off in some way by anyone or any kind of god. It is a thing that is affected by the periodical awakening of intelligence.

Prakriti may also be called Nature when understood as all temporary appearances of matter. Or Space or Akash when understood as existing in the absence of mundane matter. Noot, Chaos, or Tiamat in other languages.

Dhyani Buddha is also a unique term, although, what the expression is referring to, is completely well known. The Buddha families are frequently given as five, Vairocana, Akshobya, Ratnasambhava, Amitabha, Amogasiddhi. However the Ancient Wisdom teaches this is an exoteric blind, for there are seven. These are known to most cultures in some way, as Mind-Born Sons of Brahma (Manasaputras, Prajapti), Elohim, Archangels, Sephiroth, Aeons, Watchers, and so on; and they may also be described as Rays. Were we to lose track of them somehow, the days of the week will set them back up.

YHVH was often referred to as Adonai, which is Adonis, Baal, Attis, Ashur (Assyria), Osiris, Surya, El, Elon, Shammash, all titles of the Sun.

Exoteric religion generally looks to the Sun itself, however, occultism states that the Sun is not the source, but the reflector of a higher power.

In Kalachakra for instance, there is Adi-Buddha, which refers to a First or Primordial Buddha. Tibetan uses the same meanings as Indian: Thunderbolt Holder (Vajradhara or Dorje Sempa) and Thunderbolt Being (Vajrasattva or Dorje Chang). Vajradhara is formless and cannot manifest, is the true unfathomable deity; instead, his heart produces Vajrasattva, the Diamond-Soul, Narayana, which makes the first differentiations of root-matter. In order to manifest, the one must awaken a third principle in manas and become a trinity. Vairocana is generally the core of the five exoteric Buddhas, these also being space, air, water, fire, and earth. The Dhyani Buddhas do not form a part of, inhabit, or have anything particular to do with the physical Sun. This one in three or three in one is the core of most cosmologies.

As a trinity, it must attract the circle, space, and fashion the Perfect Square from it, which is "squaring the circle", the truest of mysteries. Within the square is scribed the Word or Ineffable Name; otherwise, unanchored, the self would remain a duality which would lapse back into passivity. The Father or Absolute Life then only remains so in the Son, not existing beyond the Triangle and Square. This third logos is Adam or the prototype person, and impels what we call force. Therefor, "force and form" would not be a satisfactory translation of "purusha and prakriti", as it would only hold meaning on the plane of illusion. In this sense, Adam does not mean the first physical human, but the primordial androgynous One which can activate the lower worlds.

Vajrasattva is a reflection of something (Vajradhara, Adi-Buddha, Parabrahm, Sat, Seb or Ain Soph) that is unable to divide, emanate, or act, but simply radiates unconsciously. In its turn, Vajrasattva or the second "One" can do all this, and emanates rivers of eternal flame, the seven Dhyani Buddhas or Elohim. This is again reflected and repeated on the plane of divine mind by the Son, to operate upon the planes of manifestation.

The seven extend selves or avatars as Avalokiteshvara ("lordliness which is seen", or Atma as seen by Buddhi in the highest samadhi), Celestial Bodhisattvas, Heavenly Buddhas, and Human or Manushi Buddhas. Cosmically, the Rishis of the Great Bear, and in our solar system only, the Planetary Spirits. They all incarnate at the dawn of human evolution, and later only in stages, Gautama (an aspect of Amitabha) being the fifth, which is the basis for the exoteric five, leaving two more to appear, according to occultism. Avalokiteshvara may also be considered the host, synthesis, or aggregate intelligence of the Dhyani Buddhas. With respect to the Tibetan word Chutuktu, there is a correlation to "Seven Ray Lords", in that there are usually seven incarnate Buddhas or Bodhisattvas. Five of these being exoteric, and two very mysterious.

The Dhyanis' consorts or the Pleiades are in Taurus, which is A, the first or the one. Being the first seven born from the trinity, Taurus becomes Yod or Ten in manifestation. At lower stages, as unified androgynous existence separates into male and female, the square becomes a cube. The cube unfolded gives the cross; counting its units, there are three across and four vertically, intersecting at one. This form also has twelve edges. So the primordial seven begin to move in the 12 & 360 set of numbers of complete manifestation; seven days, mixed across 12 moons, 360 degree circle, and so forth. All forms are composed by seven, whose movements are bounded by blind law.

The seven principles are symbolized as the dual triangles inscribed in a circle. Here, the seventh principle is the invisible center point and the bounding circle. It is not shown because it is the germ of the other six. It is found in every point expanding in the circle of endless space, Mahakasha, while the limiting circumference of the circle shows it passing through all cycles of manifestation as the resource of all potential actions. It thus moves actively from within outwardly, and from without inwardly as latent potential. The center and the circumference are identical.

The upward pointing triangle is Wisdom concealed, Purusha, the knower, knowledge, and that which is known; the downward pointing one is Wisdom revealed in the manifested world, prakriti and the three gunas (modes of motion) of Samkhya, tamas, rajas, sattva, or rest, dynamic activity, poised activity. In the Vedic terms, creative, destructive, preservative.

A physical atom's life (or incarnation) ends when it stops moving. It instantaneously is in its laya or rest condition. This is caused by the in-breath of Brahma at the end of manifestation; Brahma being a name of the third logos. It would normally be invisible to us, but I imagine that if, for example, an atom in this room totally quit moving, if it could be seen, it would appear to spiral away at tremendous speed as the relative motion of the Earth flew away from a fixed point.

The final initiation is yoga or union of one's higher self with its Celestial Dhyani Buddha. The first one appears to begin with those called in Buddhism Arhats, or known in India as Moktis or Swamis; in general, it seems to start at the high end of any exoteric system. While all of them are more or less equivalents, they mostly occupy the path to Nirvana, whereas the occult path is the Bodhisattva path. Nirvana is not really a plane or place, it is a condition, which the seeker may enter until the end of a round. Bodhisattvas are active instruments whose consciousness develops to transcend ever greater planetary cycles of existence, so for example to survive the sleep of the Earth and thus be part of the host at the next dawning.

Subba Row claimed the teachings of Kapila were no longer in their original form, which was the same system as Pythagorean and Chaldean numerology. Accordingly, Vaishnavas are said to have interpolated and taken many things out of context, leaving out others, to place him in an overly bhakti yoga light.
    Last edited by shaberon; 21st September 2018 at 21:29.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (28th November 2017), Jayke (17th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

It may have come up before; a very physical thing which seems to be analagous to the question of "manifestation" is quantum flux. As a universal principle, it can be observed, anywhere, from every point in space, that positive and negative bodies arise from "nothing" (Uncertainty), and mostly are unable to separate and stand in the world, and just collapse back into each other. In special cases (Casimir Effect, Hawking Radiation), a boundary can split them and something else happens, but this is extremely rare.

Similarly, with the quarks, although occultism does state that atoms are infinitely divisible, again, it seems to be an issue of stability. No quark has an independent existence; it cannot manifest or have a body on its own. And, although labs keep building heavier and heavier atoms, they are all radioactive, nothing has a stable existence beyond a small fraction of a second.

Protons, neutrons, and electrons could be said to have a stable, independent existence. An electron could fly around for twelve million years until getting absorbed by some oxygen. Whereas a chemical or elemental atom is nothing other than a combination of these things. If it's "governed" by the number three, you would have Lithium, and so forth.

One of the more common terms used by HPB to refer to the Trans-Himalayan Brotherhood was the Yogacharya School. She has associated it with the original Aryasanga or Asanga, a disciple of Gautama Buddha, and a secret or esoteric, meaning private, knowledge (occultism) and practice (ecstatic meditation). Something that is not in the libraries of publicly-known schools. The known version as attributed to Samantabhadra can be dangerous without a guru. Almost any Raja Yoga manual you can find, will involve breathing exercises, and this is part of the warning.

The normal person around here isn't able to access level one, Relaxation. Sometimes I think even relaxation is in the minority.

One issue about meditation is the question of complete mental silence. I have been to services that consisted of three hours of complete mental silence.

Raja Yoga is "seeded" in some way. That could be a concept, or perhaps for instance Sri Antara or Sri Yantra which depicts a manifestation around a hexagram. As part of relaxation, it is beneficial to include a period of silence--a minute is good and five minutes is maybe too much. It is the way to open the mind to certain powers from the heart. But then, various seeded meditations open the samadhis.

They say that both Moses and the Levites, as well as the original Kabalists in Babylonian captivity, were given the same teaching. There apparently is a detailed explanation, but, roughly put, over time, there being various iterations and edits, almost all of the symbols were turned to their most physiological and form-related meanings. That is the basis of why she would say Levi's Kabala is not the authentic, oriental one, or the church deals with a tribal aspect of Saturn.

So for example, maybe one such symbol is = that almost everyone worldwide will recognize as meaning equality.

In Greece the lines were

Zoe
    Ecclesia

which being

Life
    Assembly

Although that thought has been dropped, we have also found that in the Bible, "Ecclesia" has been translated as "Church" around 120 times, which I personally would interpret that as giving a much more form-oriented spin on things. Just a little thing to keep in mind when the equal symbol goes by.

And as the months go by, in looking at a sidereal zodiac or lunar calendar versus a tropical, where the months are arbitrarily adjusted, so that the equinoxes will stay in the same place on the calendar...well, the arbitrary month does lose sight of the physical month. Looking at the phases of the moon, you get an actual continuous physical timepiece. The mansions of the moon, or houses or signs, then become the arbitrary part, as if the moon were the actual moving hands of a clock, and the star groups were any pattern that could represent the ring of numbers.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bruno (29th November 2017), Flash (28th November 2017), Jayke (17th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #177
    Thanks

G. R. S. Mead & Bodhidharma

I've frequently wondered if many people have the concept or value of something that is directly passed from person to person; a lineage.

For example, at two different periods, the universe graced me with the opportunity to join a line, recognizable to anyone who knows what I am talking about, from Sasaki Shingichi sensei, to Oka Ishiko sensei, Yamaguchi Gogen sensei, Miyagi Chojun sensei, Higaonna Kanryo osensei. I can tell anyone that, and, if you don't recognize it, those are karate men, reaching a level of high renown. At one point in time, this was a secret society.

We can also say that karate is not Japanese, it's Okinawan, influenced by the two oldest names in our line, having trained in China in Mantis and Shouting White Crane forms. Then, I can't tell you any more names, although, traditionally, those lines all trace their origin to Bodhidharma or "Knower of the Law". And with him, we're back to India.

It's really a kind of living tradition that's not found in football, chemistry, accounting, or bluegrass...is it? I guess it mostly went out with the apprentice system. But, in my example, the two streams of the same line that I have been involved with, were 99% identical, although, even there, I found something in one that was unknown in the other.

G. R. S. Mead became HPB for the last two years of her life. Well, at least with respect to the piles of letters which came in every day from around the world, including some very personal issues. She quit reading them and he answered them all.

Mead did not know her very well, and had only shown up relatively recently, but she gave him her complete trust and the keys to all her affairs. He asked all of the same questions; very academic, and concerned that her material often appeared to be nonsensical or contradictory from a scholarly point of view. His eventual conclusion was that she was nuts, but genuine.

Mead felt quite confident that a person who was a fraud or who had something to hide, would not give the keys to all of their private business to an almost complete stranger.

In his turn, he became somewhat of a legitimizing academic successor to her, especially in Gnosticism. Before, it was not really the subject of any serious study; Mead's translation of Pistis Sophia and other things changed that. His work remains a bastion in the field. He did not change or add to the teaching; he simply provided more research into documents.

Theosophy is a way, perhaps, to skip having to sit in such a line, for quite some period of time. For instance, during A. P. Sinnett's badgering, on the teaching of cycles, Koothoomi wound up telling the guy, you know what, I was forced to study other, minor things for fifteen years before getting to cycles.

Now that's said on the part of someone who was a natural mystic with a relative who was an adept. Fifteen years to get to the teaching of cycles, and now anyone can just look it up. Before, there was no spiritual path in Europe; there was no religion saying that truth is higher or more important than the beliefs of religion. Now there are, in part due to him.

We told the Japanese that karate means open or empty hand, which it does, in their language.

That's not what it means.

With most of the Theosophical materials, the intent is to find those expressions from whichever language(s) that place man directly into comprehension of the higher self. One of the clever things Aleister Crowley realized, was that...the most potent magic did not come from rituals and preparations; it was spontaneous. So to speak, instead of spending years floundering with rituals, or dead letter forms, it's just directly to that spontaneity. Where Mead might find eight different Gnostic systems and Greeks philosophizing over Egyptians, we find facets on a whole, some perhaps less flawed than others.

Comparatively, we have about a fifteen year head start beyond what occult chelas once had. As per the chelas and masters, then, to be Buddhist and say that the Adwaita definition of Parabrahm is correct but the Adwaita path is inferior...to say that Shankaracharya was initiated into the same knowledge while his life's work was to stop the spread of Buddhism...maybe that is a problem, academically, but there is a reason for it being told as such.

It probably was the case in former times of limited travel and communication, that in trying to reach people or cultures, different modes are employed. Usually, even in what we would think of as ancient Egypt, the Mysteries, and/or knowledge of initiates, are described as degenerating. Losing their fullness, as, through time, people frequently can't keep anything going full strength.

One thing that used to bewilder me in Sanskrit were the terms rupa, arupa, or form and formless. I figured that a golden egg or a tenuous, shifting blue mist are types of forms, so what type of world could be arupa?

Man is arupa or Solar in the higher triad (atma-buddhi-manas) and rupa or Lunar in the Lower Quarternary. Rupa is thus in or of the body, the incarnation. The arupa plane does not involve time and space as we know them. I do not imagine that I have much experience on that higher or inner plane. From reading too many different ideas, too much spurious material, it becomes easy to think of oneself...oh I am in the atmic or buddhic realm, or I saw them, or I know how to identify them, etc. But for now, I suspend disbelief and at most...I think for those of us who have an inkling for raja yoga, if we have samadhi then for the most part, what we have done, is simply aligned manas to buddhi. In which case it reflects into the astral plane. I think for all intents and purposes, mostly we confuse buddhi with its astral reflection.

Even with a fifteen year head start, an endless path isn't much shorter.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (16th December 2017), Jayke (17th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

I've been looking...forever, it seems like...including a couple pages in this thread, until I almost feel like treating the storehouse of knowledge like a gumball machine so I can smash it open with a monkey wrench and it will give me it. It never gave me, why do you have "zodiac signs", why some stars, which very little resemble any of the imaginary figures imposed on them, some of the constellations are massive, some of them only fill a portion of their "slice" of the sky, and then you give me the great illusion so I know that the sign Taurus does not really even point at the constellation Taurus, and so on, and I could never get anywhere with this.

It comes down to one simple thing, and again, this is from India: the signs are twelve equal divisions of *any* circle.

Therefor, it is the same thing as hours on a clock.

And, as Subba Row says, Aries-Mesha is Aja, he did not make that up, it is known in Vedic astrology. Knowing, then, that this refers to the first unmanifest logos, or Parabrahm, and the invisible central sun, then it makes complete sense that our clock days begin at midnight, and the first "sign" will be cardinal fire, with the Sun being exalted in it. All we're doing is hanging the clock so that Spica is on six. Has nothing to do with anything in the physical constellation or imaginary Aries sign being the central sun or any kind of "object of primacy". The first thing is Aja which is unborn because it has no beginning.

Moon's Nodes meant almost nothing to Western astrology for a long time. In India, they emphasize the seven planets plus the north & south nodes, for nine principal entities, which are arrayed three times along the twenty-seven days of the lunar month. The lunar month starts at the beginning of Mesha (Ashvini), so that makes perfect sense, the Moon being considered the most logical "hand" for the clock.

Considering the emphasis on the nodes, I get a glimmer as to perhaps why they're disdained in the west, as, from looking at the allegory, the dragon, Rahu, is extraordinarily Luciferian, with a few twists such as him being severed in half, i. e. no magnetic monopoles, attraction-repulsion being the basis of all manifestation, electro-magnetic in all respects, leading to the serpentine kundalini. The allegory is very nearly the same as the esoteric fall in Eden, the dragon's head and tail also being sort of opposite poles of one's karma, the head or north node being all the temptations and challenges throughout matter, with the potential of spiritual light gaining the upper hand via man's free will, versus the inevitable shadows, as the nodes are the reason for eclipses.

Abstract mathematical nodes are not something we generally think of as actually being magnetic, but, the point of astrology is not so much physical influences, as, perhaps, a way to measure cycles of influence via consciousness, and perhaps they have a profound magnetic effect that way.

On this wheel of symbols, because it's sidereal, you know it points at something. In this case, the star, Spica, is in the midpoint of the Lunar Mansion called Chitra, or day 14 of the month. Not all of the mansions have an important or readily identifiable star, however, the Pleiades are in Krittika, then Rohini is Aldebaran. Magha contains Regulus around the cusp of Leo, Antares or alpha-Scorpious in Jyeshtha, Fomalhaut in Shatabishak. No, the moon itself does not infinitesimally correspond to an exact circle, so a correction called an "inter-calary" day may be used, the same as we use Feb. 29 for an occasional correction.

Note: it's backwards, as in Vedism, the signs would increase clockwise, same as a clock, so here, a concession has been made to make it appear western.
    Last edited by shaberon; 18th December 2017 at 08:13.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

37. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

Subba Row had the same guru as HPB, and was similarly one of the rare few to be taken by the brotherhood at an early age. You'd figure if he was in the same place, his plan would have been 100% identical to hers, but it was not. He was not satisfied with her blurriness at first and eventually wound up leaving, as he was not a fan of teaching foreigners, despite his guru being in the process of doing so.

In his view, the teaching clearly passed from Kapila, to Krishna, to Buddha. He believed that Bhagavad Gita was the least altered portion of the Vedas, and the classic text most relied on by Buddhists (I am not sure about that part). He best defined Hinduism as any philosophy or religion including atheism which rejects beefeating. He said the problem with Brahmins was they did have initiate knowledge, but they kept it confined amongst themselves (high caste).

He explained Adwaita as the belief that the individual spirit is of the same essence as the universal spirit, and that the universe is filled with maya or illusion; Dwaita holds otherwise about the spirit and that there is no illusion, which starts to sound like most exoteric religion, generally.

A few times I reused the phrase "Taraka Raja Yoga" from them, out of curiosity, because I was not thinking there were different kinds of raja yoga. It turns out to be a little more specific, in that it is the same adwaita, clearly interlaced with raja yoga. This cannot be too surprising, as, at least some of the Upanishads were the version of the secret doctrine of their time; in fact the translation linked at the end, uses the phrase, secret doctrine, repetitively.

Taraka Raja Yoga is drawn from Advayataraka Upanishad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advayataraka_Upanishad

Accordingly, Sankaracharya did not invent Adwaita, as it appears here, centuries prior.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (19th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

39. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

There is some suggestive research that Abbe' Huc used a spelling Khelan or Khelang, which then HPB rephrased into Brotherhood of Khelang, and I had guessed might be a rendering of Kyelong, a town in the trans-Himalaya. The trouble with that, is then using the same name to refer to a brotherhood clearly also in Tibet.

The Abbe's spelling became what we know today as gelong, or a fully-ordained monk. So if you said brotherhood of gelong, it would mean the entirety of the monastic community, which is no type of hidden or secret brotherhood. The other trouble with this, is that HPB knew the spelling of gelong as we have it now.

Now in almost all old astrology, the "gods", if you will, are not the stars, constellations, or zodiac signs. They are the planets. These are what establish what we call the seven principles of man; a solar triad and a lunar quarternary; etc.

We're sometimes left holding a Greek tidbit, that the (physical) universe is built on the dodecahedron, a twelve-faced solid whose faces are pentagons.

According to Subba Row, the (astral) universe is built on the icosahedron, a twenty-faced solid whose faces are triangles. The geometrical processes that can be done using spheres and intersecting lines, which transmute an icosahedron into a dodecahedron, therefor resemble the way in which the astral blueprints the physical and crosses the laya point.

So, the dodecahedron has 5 and 12 built into it. 5 x 12 = 60. Although perhaps only perfect on the ideal or mental plane, did anyone bother to make an imperfect physical one?

A five year cycle is sixty solar-sidereal months. In five years, the sun and moon conjunct in (the lunar mansion) Dhanistha in (the sign) Makara-Capricorn, and then return to the same.

A twelve year cycle is one year of Brihasapti-Jupiter. He is in one "sign" for one year; the sun for one month or 1/12 a year; the moon covering all 12 in one month. His daily motion is five arc-minutes.

Shani-Saturn Return is well known, a period of thirty years. Brihasapti and Shani return together in 60 years, along with the 12th sun-moon conjunction previously mentioned. This bundle of 60 years is Shaka; whereas, in India, a year is actually the motion of Jupiter (Samvatsara), the time it takes to move fully across a sign; a solar year has a completely different name.

These relationships form the basis of clock measurement and circles by degrees.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (24th December 2017), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 9 19 26 LastLast