+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aging, the great equalizer

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Default Re: Aging, the great equalizer

Perhaps without the process of aging, we would resist dying even more. . . .a friend of mine always used to say he looked forward to old age & the "invisibility" or "anonymity" it would bring, & I think he was right to some degree; an "old lady" doesn't come under the intense scrutiny of the passing show in the same way that a young woman does. Personally, I have always believed I was 19 years old, for some reason . . .then unexpectedly see myself in a mirror & wonder what happened to her! The effect of life in a world where body-identification rules our perceptions. . .

Old age could be welcome if one lived in a society where the frail were respected & cared for, not in old-age homes where we get shunted to die; but in a real sense. I think it is important to reflect, & prepare for one's death as best we know how.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

diazbeat (9th May 2016), Ol' Roy (9th May 2016), regnak (9th May 2016), RunningDeer (9th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Well I must say that this trend is taking a fatalistic turn! And yes, genetic and societal programming are part of the problem.

If your programs are the problem, at least try to change them! This has been the aim of my meditations for quite some time and I humbly suggest you also try.

I have expressed my recipe to extend physical life in an earlier post but I guess the most important point is having a joyfull, positive and gratefull attitude towards being here at this time and participating in this grand awakening! Yes I know that this awakening will not happen to all, but each individual must make it's own choice. Let us focus on us, the ones that want to graduate!

For some reason this thought makes me smile every morning!

I wish you all a most splendid day!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stardad For This Post:

diazbeat (9th May 2016), kirolak (10th May 2016), regnak (9th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

“We deprogram our ability to heal ourselves,” says Dr. Bruce Lipton

Snippets:
    1. We’ve been so programed to devalue and disempower ourselves that we see ourselves as victims. Some frail biological entities, ripe for bacteria to eat us all up. Which is totally untrue.
    2. And the joke? Many people get well on the way to the doctors. Without having any treatment. And the reason is: they already had the ability to get well but the program step says, “Until you do this, the healing doesn’t start.” So we deprogram our ability to heal ourselves.
    3. We’re just average people. We have no extraordinary powers. Even healing isn’t one of our powers. That's a belief.
    4. What’s interesting is that we have an innate ability to heal ourselves. So you actually stall your own ability to heal yourself until you go to the doctor.
    5. We have to start from that belief and change these beliefs to who we really are. We are profoundly powerful people. We can walk across hot coals. A woman can lifted a car off an infant … Where’s the frail image come from? That’s a belief.

Segment break downs with quick links, and some paraphrased notes:

Can you explain the difference between Newtonian Physics and Quantum Physics and how they respectively view the world? @ 4:17

Can you explain how the viewpoint of Newtonian Physics limits our ability to heal our bodies? @ 8:29

Is positive thinking enough to change your life? @ 12:17
    • Problem? Having a positive thought does not in any way necessitate that those positive thoughts actually manifest themselves. There’s a piece that was left out…

How does our childhood programing effect our current health? @ 26:55
    • What do we acquire in that 0-6 year development? That we’re just average people. We have no extraordinary powers. Even healing isn’t one of our powers. Because every time we got sick, we were told we had to go to the doctor to get healed. That’s an experiential program. So what does my subconscious mind learn from this experience? Every time I’m sick I have to go to the doctors. Why? Apparently it’s the step before you get healed. So we build that into the program. What’s interesting is that we have an innate ability to heal ourselves. So you actually stall your own ability to heal yourself until you go to the doctor.

And the joke? Many people get well on the way to the doctors. Without having any treatment. And the reason is: they already had the ability to get well but the program step says, “Until you do this, the healing doesn’t start.” So we deprogram our ability to heal ourselves.
    How does unconscious beliefs affect our health? @ 28:06
    • It’s based on our individual programs. Because we’ve been so programed to devalue and disempower ourselves that we see ourselves as victims. Some frail biological entities, ripe for bacteria to eat us all up. Which is totally untrue. So we have to start from that belief and change these beliefs to who we really are. We are profoundly powerful people. We can walk across hot coals. A woman can lifted a car off an infant … Where’s the frail image come from? That’s a belief.
    Have you seen people change their lives using EFT? @ 29:23

What false beliefs are still being taught to us today about our biology and our health? @ 30:36

Uploaded on Feb 3, 2011

A field approach to science does not negate the importance of discovering the various mechanism of function that are found in biology. However, a mechanical approach alone limits the scope of discovery while a field approach expands it

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

diazbeat (9th May 2016), regnak (9th May 2016), Stephanie (10th May 2016), thepainterdoug (10th May 2016), ulli (9th May 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Red face Re: Aging, the great equalizer

Aging well we all die in the end
    Last edited by regnak; 9th May 2016 at 19:59.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to regnak For This Post:

kirolak (10th May 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Well said Jonsnow! At least our body dies!

But I would like very much to say, as Li Ching Yuen said before passing: “I have done all that I have to do in this world”.

It relates to what I wrote earlier relating to our capacity to contribute and relating to our environment.

Well in my case, I am not quite done yet! And I will continue doing while trying to maintain the best body health possible; why suffer needlesly!

I wish you all the best health possible.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stardad For This Post:

kirolak (10th May 2016), regnak (10th May 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Australia Avalon Member Megrubbieswet's Avatar
    Thanks

My brother, i lost my mum in 2014.. If i did not make it up to her I WOULD BE IN ETERNAL REGRET.. This comment will further support that abandonment of others is a real tragedy. This resonates with me and lifted my day up.. Live life with no regrets, you cant go back!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Stardad (here)
    Well said Jonsnow! At least our body dies!

But I would like very much to say, as Li Ching Yuen said before passing: “I have done all that I have to do in this world”.

It relates to what I wrote earlier relating to our capacity to contribute and relating to our environment.

Well in my case, I am not quite done yet! And I will continue doing while trying to maintain the best body health possible; why suffer needlesly!

I wish you all the best health possible.
    It's all about retaining optimal health which correlates with preventative illness, the more balance you have the less dieseases you are likely to get.
    Only those who get back on their feet and look forward will have the last laugh, the only winner. To the loved ones that we've lost along the way... and to the hope that we see them again... someday.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megrubbieswet For This Post:

Agape (10th May 2016), regnak (10th May 2016), thepainterdoug (10th May 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Megrubbieswet sorry about your mum

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Megrubbieswet (11th May 2016), thepainterdoug (10th May 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Ol' Roy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 times in 399 posts

Of first of all, you know how much I love you! How much you introdute the forum !Awesome PM me because it is very important!
    Last edited by Ol' Roy; 10th May 2016 at 21:41. Reason: I like your Avatar! That is the real you!

16. Link to Post #29
    Australia Avalon Member Megrubbieswet's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jonsnow (here)
    Megrubbieswet sorry about your mum
    That's okay, loss is a part of life... Better living and not regretting the time you spent with them.. I closed the book with her so it's okay to go to the next chapter.
    Only those who get back on their feet and look forward will have the last laugh, the only winner. To the loved ones that we've lost along the way... and to the hope that we see them again... someday.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Megrubbieswet For This Post:

regnak (14th May 2016)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 times in 1,630 posts

Getting old is like a bad dream. Hey! This isn't what was in the brochure before I incarnated. I want my money back!

This is a 1962 episode of the Twilight Zone called Trade-Ins. An old couple approached a company to get two younger bodies at five grand each but could only afford one.

Trade-Ins

I saw this years ago and it stuck with me. It's the late Don S. Davis from Stargate SG-1. He said "When you get old the machinery starts to fall apart."
    Last edited by Inversion; 4th May 2022 at 22:15.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th May 2022), mojo (5th May 2022), RunningDeer (4th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2