+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst 1 11 21 25 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

1. Link to Post #401
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 times in 668 posts

Default Re: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

I just saw House of Yes. So another one which used to be written differently as far as I remember is Rachael Leigh Cook.

Was it always written like that or was it Rachel Leigh Cook because I'm almost positive it was the latter one when I last saw her name somewhere between the credits. IMDb does say she's "also known as" Rachel Leigh Cook and that's how used to know her from She's All That for example, which is one of my guilty pleasures btw. Anyone else?

EDIT: Ok. I just went her other works on IMDb and there seems to be some titles she has done as Rachel. But still, I'm pretty sure it was quite the opposite as far as I can remember.
    Last edited by muxfolder; 11th October 2022 at 19:52.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

DNA (11th October 2022), Inversion (11th October 2022), iota (23rd October 2022), Mare (11th October 2022)

3. Link to Post #402
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

Here is something that I have never seen discussed about the Mandela Effect;

How is it that there is only a percentage of people (and I think it is a smaller percentage) that see some things have changed?

Also, the changes that I am aware of are popular things, but the changes do not really have an effect on things? For example it is phrases in movies, or a logo. It isn't a town disappearing or an entire family.

Nothing (that I am aware of ) has changed that would cause a person to lose or gain a lot of money.

But the biggest question for me is why and how was it only a percentage of people? I am led to think that it is mostly a North America thing, but that could be just my lack of information from other countries.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

BMJ (15th October 2022), ClearWater (13th October 2022), DNA (12th October 2022), iota (23rd October 2022), Islander12 (20th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th October 2022), muxfolder (19th October 2022)

5. Link to Post #403
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,916 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Here is something that I have never seen discussed about the Mandela Effect;

How is it that there is only a percentage of people (and I think it is a smaller percentage) that see some things have changed?

Also, the changes that I am aware of are popular things, but the changes do not really have an effect on things? For example it is phrases in movies, or a logo. It isn't a town disappearing or an entire family.

Nothing (that I am aware of ) has changed that would cause a person to lose or gain a lot of money.

But the biggest question for me is why and how was it only a percentage of people? I am led to think that it is mostly a North America thing, but that could be just my lack of information from other countries.
    The idea from what I understand is premised on the many worlds theory. The idea of differing Earth's in multiple dimensions differentiated by a little or a lot.

The idea again is that occasionally dimensions that differ on a small gradient like 1%-3% sometimes merge together and the idea is also that this is being done through intention, like through a technological contrivance and some say this is done via Cern.

One version supercedes the other.
    If your dimension is superceding another then you see no change.
    On the question regarding personal changes in family and friends those examples are out there.
    I've had one myself.
    Take care

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (15th October 2022), ClearWater (13th October 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Inversion (12th October 2022), iota (23rd October 2022), Islander12 (20th November 2022), Nasu (26th April 2023), Patient (13th October 2022)

7. Link to Post #404
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 times in 335 posts

Here is a trick for thinking about why the Mandella Effect occurs for a small percentage of people - the difference that these people remember is actually not the main element of the singular divergence of the timeline that they all collectively remember, but actually a common (divergent) constant in the *family* of parallel timelines, of which each of them remembers a timeline belonging to that family (and not the family of timelines they now find themselves in).

We cannot think of ourselves as sharing 100% of the same timeline even in an infinitesimally small snapshot of time, frozen. Even in that tiniest of moments, our consciousnesses are spread across a multitude of parallel universes, bound together by the topology that represents the connections between what we each understand about the reality we live in.

These connections (where more than one consciousness understands the same thing about the reality they live in), is what creates the bonds between these parallel realities and is what makes us feel that we are all living in the same timeline together.

Out of these clusters of connections come these families of timelines that may then share opposing themes that can range from facts that seem insignificant (Berenstein Bears) all the way up to facts that seem like they might be significant to the navigation of the meta-timeline (Mandella dying in prison).

That said, you can think of an insignificant divergence as being significant if it tips off those who remember things differently that there might be more to how the universe truly works than we currently understand. If you consider the Mandella Effect as a "cross-pollenation" of consciousness across parallel families of timelines, then you might wonder if there are specific triggers for these events, and if there is any meaning to their occurrence.

The triggers for these seem not to be too different from triggers which cause timeline families to split in the first place. Exploration of computed outcomes of diverging timeline families may appear worthwhile to the simulation algorithm, as might timeline family convergences.

As for the meaning, if you are willing to consider that this reality is simulated, then the meaning of timeline splits and merges is simply to manipulate the stream of information being synthesized by running this universe with the seed variables provided to it, and swapping outputs between universes in order to mix outputs of universes with differing seed variables (seed variables are input prior to the Big Bang).
    Last edited by triquetra; 20th November 2022 at 08:40.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

BMJ (5th January 2023), DNA (19th November 2022), gini (25th April 2023), Harmony (19th November 2022), Innocent Warrior (30th June 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (19th November 2022), Nasu (26th April 2023), Pam (1st July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (19th November 2022), Vangelo (20th November 2022)

9. Link to Post #405
    Thanks

Leaving a note here for posterity that a during composition of a follow-up post to the previous, the computer crashed spontaneously and the text was lost. Automatic typing unfortunately cannot be recovered.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), BMJ (5th January 2023), DNA (20th November 2022), Harmony (20th November 2022), Nasu (26th April 2023), Pam (1st July 2023)

11. Link to Post #406
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,817 times in 2,591 posts

Probably only me being a dumbo, but I always thought it was:
    "Alas poor Yorick I knew him well."

But I just realized tonight that I was wrong, and it never was that. It is:
    "Alas poor Yorick I knew him, Horatio."
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), BMJ (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), Jambo (26th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023)

13. Link to Post #407
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Probably only me being a dumbo, but I always thought it was:
    "Alas poor Yorick I knew him well."

But I just realized tonight that I was wrong, and it never was that. It is:
    "Alas poor Yorick I knew him, Horatio."
    Always had the "Well" in there when I was at school !

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), BMJ (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), Ivanhoe (25th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (5th January 2023)

15. Link to Post #408
    England Avalon Member John Hilton's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 times in 175 posts

Disney reckons it's:

Magic mirror on the wall
    Who is the fairest of them all?

But I learned it as

Mirror mirror on the wall

...which also agrees with the German version that I learned when young:

Spiegel spiegel an der Wand
    Wer ist die schoenste im ganzen Land

Anyone else remember it?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to John Hilton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), ClearWater (16th March 2023), DNA (16th March 2023), Ivanhoe (25th April 2023), Jambo (26th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Patient (16th March 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th March 2023)

17. Link to Post #409
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by John Hilton (here)
    Disney reckons it's:

Magic mirror on the wall

But I learned it as

Anyone else remember it?
    Yes, and I am intrigued to see some Mandela reports from Europe as most I had originally heard was all North American!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), DNA (16th March 2023), Jambo (6th September 2023), John Hilton (17th March 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Reinhard (28th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (25th April 2023)

19. Link to Post #410
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Bill, does your disk copy of Moonraker show Dolly having braces (which I remember from when I watched the movie back in the day)? Can you take a screenshot of Dolly with braces?
    No, my archived offline copy didn't show Dolly with braces. That was the whole interesting point. It had changed, while untouched and all on its own in my drawer.

It hadn't been somehow digitally altered remotely. All of reality had changed regarding that tiny detail, including all the history of the detail anywhere.

But memories were NOT so altered, because memories don't exist entirely in the 4D space-time universe. It's only the physical world that changed, leaving people's memories as they always were.
    That's the thing, it also leaves residue of things people create in reference to the effects. Even if the whole thing shifted tomorrow, there would still be references to the the originals all over the place.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), DNA (25th April 2023), Ewan (25th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Reinhard (28th April 2023), Vangelo (24th April 2023), Vicus (25th April 2023)

21. Link to Post #411
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

I liken the Mandela Effect to the Flat Earth psyop. It's probably used to test the population for gullibility through suggestion. That kind of research is very helpful when you're engaged in 5th generation warfare against the people. It can also be weaponized to discredit reputations of those who are "troublesome". (I wouldn't be surprised that Michael Tellinger and Santos Bonacci were threatened, and the only way they'd be left alone was to publicly announce they were Flat Earthers. Something about that whole thing never sat right with me. They were both very, very popular prior. Their work, tremendous. Oddly, they both individually came out at about the same time announcing they were Flat Earthers and it absolutely ruined their reputations.)

One of the most ridiculous things people ever argued about was the, "Luke, I am your father..." as opposed to the correct "No, I am your father..." It shows how way too many people have no idea how the mind works. "Luke, I am your father..." makes a nice single sentence that encompasses the whole message. Great for T-shirts, memes etc. The message became ingrained in people's heads. The original, entire message is too cumbersome to use. Darth Vader: "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father." Luke Skywalker: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!" Darth Vader: "No. I am your father."

And, our short and long-term memories are a funny thing. From personal experience, I've noticed that sometimes I really don't remember some things/events as accurately as I thought I did. Sometimes, I've forgotten things entirely.

We know for a fact the globalists have been rewriting history and re-defining words to suit their Marxist narrative. Who knows how long they've been at it. These days, it's easy to change/edit/alter digital content (including pictures, video etc.). All this could be adding "fuel" to the Mandela Effect. With so many people waking up to the globalist agenda and resisting, the globalists are getting desperate to hold onto their control. They're really blatant about a lot of things lately and don't care if people notice -- changing original wording in stories and movies like "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" to be more "woke".

They've even been experimenting with Deep Fakes (check out the early video interview footage of, supposedly, Damar Hamlin after his near-death "recovery" with over 50 video cuts -- can't have people getting the crazy idea that the COVID mRNA shot caused his heart to stop. I suspect the real Damar Hamlin isn't even around anymore and someone else stepped in...).

Once upon a time, I argued in another forum with a bunch of people who insisted that the Swastika had been "reversed" in recent times. I've known that sign all my life and it's never been inexplicably "reversed". By the way, many people have no clue just how EASY it is to upload a photograph in reverse (or physically print from a negative in reverse). When people like to analyze photos of politicians for "doppelgangers", for example, they need to keep in mind that facial features look very different in reverse. People also get facelifts.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), DNA (25th April 2023), Ewan (25th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), gini (25th April 2023), Jambo (26th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (25th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Pam (25th April 2023), Reinhard (28th April 2023), s7e6e (3rd July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (25th April 2023)

23. Link to Post #412
    Thanks

Disney reckons it's:

Magic mirror on the wall

But I learned it as

Anyone else remember it?
    Yes, remember it as "mirror mirror" as well. One thing to look into is whether the same people have the same Mandela Effect's, but that would be a very difficult study to pull off.

Embedding here in case it triggers anyone else as being "wrong". As the comments there suggest, a lot of people remember it differently, not the original story but the Disney movie specifically, and they also remember the ending to be "of them all" not "one of all". There are just too many small differences from too many separate Mandella effects to ignore. This is enough to give confidence to those who remember so many things differently. One or two things, perhaps the imagination, faulty memory, etc. But with enough differences, one becomes suspicious there is something to this after all.

I think there are some patterns emerging already:

- The Mandella Effects are generally about things from decades ago - a possibly collective crossing of major branches of timelines by a small but not insignificantly small group of souls.
    - They are indeed about things that don't have a strong impact on the world but are memorable enough not to ignore. If "higher self you" wanted to send yourself a message across parallel timelines, this would be a good way to do it

There must be value in knowing the true nature of reality, a reality that reflects this possibility. This is something I have been pursuing for some time. What is the relationship between our higher self counterparts, and our lower selves in this simulation of multiple parallel timelines with minor differences? What is our purpose for putting ourselves down here, or for leaving breadcrumbs when jumping from one major branch of timelines to another?

Anyhow, to anyone not believing in the effect - there is no reason you should believe in it if you did not participate in the jump. There's no point arguing about whether it's real in that case. It most likely happened to only small numbers of people and they are the ones remembering the differences, and willing to bet absolutely anything, the memory of the difference is so vivid.
    Last edited by triquetra; 25th April 2023 at 02:30.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), ClearWater (25th April 2023), DNA (25th April 2023), Ewan (25th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Innocent Warrior (30th June 2023), Jambo (26th April 2023), Journeyman (25th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Patient (25th April 2023), Reinhard (28th April 2023), Universoul (2nd June 2023)

25. Link to Post #413
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Well the mandela effect is now official. The woke movement has taken care of it. They are now changing the « unacceptable » text of authors like Agatha Christie.

Maybe, just maybe, the previous mandela effect was just to check reactions when it would be widespread to every folk around.

(I must still reiterate that I have not seen the original mandela effect in movies or books from French authors/original french films. It always sounded culturally biaised meaning targetting the the anglo markets only).

Quote Posted by triquetra (here)
    Disney reckons it's:

Magic mirror on the wall

But I learned it as

Anyone else remember it?
    Yes, remember it as "mirror mirror" as well. One thing to look into is whether the same people have the same Mandela Effect's, but that would be a very difficult study to pull off.

Embedding here in case it triggers anyone else as being "wrong". As the comments there suggest, a lot of people remember it differently, not the original story but the Disney movie specifically, and they also remember the ending to be "of them all" not "one of all". There are just too many small differences from too many separate Mandella effects to ignore. This is enough to give confidence to those who remember so many things differently. One or two things, perhaps the imagination, faulty memory, etc. But with enough differences, one becomes suspicious there is something to this after all.

I think there are some patterns emerging already:

- The Mandella Effects are generally about things from decades ago - a possibly collective crossing of major branches of timelines by a small but not insignificantly small group of souls.
    - They are indeed about things that don't have a strong impact on the world but are memorable enough not to ignore. If "higher self you" wanted to send yourself a message across parallel timelines, this would be a good way to do it

There must be value in knowing the true nature of reality, a reality that reflects this possibility. This is something I have been pursuing for some time. What is the relationship between our higher self counterparts, and our lower selves in this simulation of multiple parallel timelines with minor differences? What is our purpose for putting ourselves down here, or for leaving breadcrumbs when jumping from one major branch of timelines to another?

Anyhow, to anyone not believing in the effect - there is no reason you should believe in it if you did not participate in the jump. There's no point arguing about whether it's real in that case. It most likely happened to only small numbers of people and they are the ones remembering the differences, and willing to bet absolutely anything, the memory of the difference is so vivid.
    Last edited by Flash; 25th April 2023 at 02:56.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), DNA (25th April 2023), Ewan (25th April 2023), Jambo (13th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th April 2023), Miller (8th May 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Patient (25th April 2023), Pris (26th April 2023), Reinhard (28th April 2023), Sadieblue (25th April 2023)

27. Link to Post #414
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,439 times in 32,921 posts

As a cross-reference, we have a large number of Mandela Effect threads besides this one. (These are only a sample few! The mods really do need to merge some of them.)
    And in my opinion the most interesting of all:
    As I've posted quite a few times, I'm in absolutely zero doubt that at least some of the reported weird changes are real. I've experienced them myself, with quite some astonishment and disbelief. And it seems relevant that it's no longer happening, as if the glitch in the matrix a few years ago (or whatever the heck it was!) was merely a temporary thing that won't recur.

28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (25th April 2023), DNA (25th April 2023), Ewan (25th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (26th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Jambo (13th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th April 2023), Miller (26th April 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), noprophet (25th April 2023), palehorse (25th April 2023), Pris (26th April 2023), Reinhard (28th April 2023), Sadieblue (25th April 2023), Seeclearly (25th April 2023), Vicus (26th April 2023), Yoda (26th April 2023)

29. Link to Post #415
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,754 times in 4,341 posts

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    One of the most ridiculous things people ever argued about was the, "Luke, I am your father..." as opposed to the correct "No, I am your father..." It shows how way too many people have no idea how the mind works.
    Agreed in every respect. I tackled this one (Luke, I am your father) in several of the Mandela threads, the last time being this post. I don't see anything mysterious going on here. It's simply being misremembered.

I've heard many swear up and down that 'Beam me up Scotty,' and 'Elementary, my dear Watson' are also a thing, though neither are real quotes. They are composites of similar dialogue. But they became convenient sound bites anyway - because they're instantly recognisable, and so instantly quotable. The same for 'Luke, I am your father.' If you say the original line without the 'Luke' it's kind of meaningless, it carries no context. It needs the addition of 'Luke' to make sense. Over time it got engraved in stone. It got embedded in the general consciousness stream - as a memory.

When you listen to all the dialogue from that scene, it becomes very clear it cannot be 'Luke, I am your father.' With the wider context in view it gets cleared up very quickly.

Vader: "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father..."
    Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Vader: "No, I am your father."

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    (I must still reiterate that I have not seen the original mandela effect in movies or books from French authors/original french films. It always sounded culturally biaised meaning targetting the the anglo markets only).
    Thanks for that Flash, that's very interesting data. If the Mandela Effect was a real phenomenon acting on this time-line, it cannot be confined only to the English language or to English speaking TV and movie references. As that seems to be the case it suggests something different must be going on, and that I conjecture is merely a run away internet trend, fuelled by the miasmic think-space of reddit and 4Chan and the memelords and doom-scrollers that live there.

Caveat -- that's not to say this explains everything related to the Mandela Effect.. Interdimensional overlaps exist; time-slips also exist. And many more 'mysteries' we do not understand. I write off misremembered scenes from movies and TV, but I leave room for others not so easily explained, because not everything is black and white.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

DNA (25th April 2023), Ewan (25th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Jambo (26th April 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Pris (26th April 2023)

31. Link to Post #416
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    One of the most ridiculous things people ever argued about was the, "Luke, I am your father..." as opposed to the correct "No, I am your father..." It shows how way too many people have no idea how the mind works.
    Agreed in every respect. I tackled this one (Luke, I am your father) in several of the Mandela threads, the last time being this post. I don't see anything mysterious going on here. It's simply being misremembered.

I've heard many swear up and down that 'Beam me up Scotty,' and 'Elementary, my dear Watson' are also a thing, though neither are real quotes. They are composites of similar dialogue. But they became convenient sound bites anyway - because they're instantly recognisable, and so instantly quotable. The same for 'Luke, I am your father.' If you say the original line without the 'Luke' it's kind of meaningless, it carries no context. It needs the addition of 'Luke' to make sense. Over time it got engraved in stone. It got embedded in the general consciousness stream - as a memory.

When you listen to all the dialogue from that scene, it becomes very clear it cannot be 'Luke, I am your father.' With the wider context in view it gets cleared up very quickly.

Yes, very much so. It's hard to believe people still argue this one, just like they still argue that Han Solo didn't shoot first. (Yes, Han shot first. I'd say the edited versions that came later were some of the earliest examples of "wokism".)

Interdimensional overlaps exist; time-slips also exist.
    Can you provide any examples, proof? Just curious, you know.
    Last edited by Pris; 26th April 2023 at 05:13.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

DNA (28th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Isserley (26th April 2023), Jambo (6th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th April 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023)

33. Link to Post #417
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,754 times in 4,341 posts

There are loads of amazing and quite baffling stories related to this phenomenon scattered around, but a good place to start would be this post and this post, another one here, all found in the excellent Time Shifts and Time Slips thread.

You can also listen to this 3min clip from the library (from Coast to Coast) it boggles the mind!
    If you'd prefer to sit back and watch something instead, the following highlights a few such stories. The first one mentions Bold St. Liverpool again - a notorious time-slip hotspot, quite well-known and definitely no joke.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (26th April 2023), DNA (28th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (26th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Islander12 (28th April 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Pris (28th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (26th April 2023)

35. Link to Post #418
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,439 times in 32,921 posts

Many, many, many of them.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (26th April 2023), DNA (28th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (26th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Jambo (6th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th April 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023), Pris (28th April 2023), Tintin (26th April 2023), Yoda (26th April 2023)

37. Link to Post #419
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,222 times in 1,147 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Thanks for that Flash, that's very interesting data. If the Mandela Effect was a real phenomenon acting on this time-line, it cannot be confined only to the English language or to English speaking TV and movie references. As that seems to be the case it suggests something different must be going on, and that I conjecture is merely a run away internet trend, fuelled by the miasmic think-space of reddit and 4Chan and the memelords and doom-scrollers that live there.

Caveat -- that's not to say this explains everything related to the Mandela Effect.. Interdimensional overlaps exist; time-slips also exist. And many more 'mysteries' we do not understand. I write off misremembered scenes from movies and TV, but I leave room for others not so easily explained, because not everything is black and white.
    The dialog changes / mis remembered always struck me as the weakest aspects of this and although some of them ring true with me I wouldn't put as much weight in this as I do if they were the only evidence. I tend to agree for instance with your take on the 'Luke' one for example. Patient named several of mine in his reply earlier in the thread.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2023), ClearWater (26th April 2023), DNA (28th April 2023), Flash (27th April 2023), Nasu (26th April 2023)

39. Link to Post #420
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

There are loads of amazing and quite baffling stories related to this phenomenon scattered around, but a good place to start would be this post and this post, another one here, all found in the excellent Time Shifts and Time Slips thread.

You can also listen to this 3min clip from the library (from Coast to Coast) it boggles the mind!
    If you'd prefer to sit back and watch something instead, the following highlights a few such stories. The first one mentions Bold St. Liverpool again - a notorious time-slip hotspot, quite well-known and definitely no joke.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Many, many, many of them.

Thanks, guys! Interesting indeed. No question it's worth looking into more.

I guess one of my biggest concerns about it all is when stories are provided as proof. Just because someone tells a story and swears it's true that doesn't make it so. People lie. This goes for any kind of topic.

Since I've had a few "odd" experiences myself, I know it's not possible that everything's a hoax. I've just learned to be very skeptical. I once knew a very convincing storyteller with several different aliases (even pretended to be a woman) who was knowledgeable in multiple "alternative" subjects. He got a thrill out of people believing in whatever he had to say... but, I'd liken him to an 80/20 disinfo agent. There was some truth in there but it was bundled up with lies and some really bizarre personal so-called experiences. The idea was to reel you in with whatever worked, questions not allowed. How many more people like him are out there doing what they do just for kicks? The internet makes it very easy to do.

By the way, thanks to digital technology, it is VERY easy to alter photographs, videos, soundbites, you name it. There's filters to make photos look "sepia" and plug-ins that make videos appear like old film footage. A huge area to explore is the ever evolving CGI -- computer generated imagery and digital effects which includes AI. Animation and dynamics are a big part of that.

There's so often a "logical" alternative to a narrative that isn't explored because it breaks the illusion of magic, and possibly the grift. Some stories could be the result of people simply being "out of their minds" -- brain abnormalities and imbalances, alcohol, drugs, psychotropics etc. I'm aware there are more-or-less natural "altered states" we can enter into. My question is, how many people would be able to recognize the difference between a natural and unnaturally induced state? Even our own brains produce naturally occurring chemicals. How may those affect our perception of reality?
    Last edited by Pris; 28th April 2023 at 18:03.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2023), ClearWater (28th April 2023), DNA (28th April 2023), Isserley (28th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (28th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst 1 11 21 25 LastLast