+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst 1 31 41 51 71 LastLast

Thread: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

1. Link to Post #801
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Default Re: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

Well I survived the big freeze here in Texas, near Kerrville. I melted quite a bit of snow for my animals and to flush with and did not notice any anomalies. This was however very odd weather for this part of the world. The freeze when down to 25 inches, my pipes (and most everyone else's ) are at 18 inches. I still have no power however last night my well guy did get my well back online so I could see how many pipes I needed to repair. One of my issues now is the power. I have a loaner generator that requires fuel and it is scarce. Electric company says it will be Easter before the power comes back for us. Strangely enough I seem to have racked up quite the electric bill for the last 13 days while my power has been off!

I saw birds frozen on the ground. Deer simply drop dead in their tracks. Hundreds of deer, mostly the exotics. The deer at my ranch are white tail and they are a bit more hardy. Rodents froze. And my beautiful trees lost so many limbs some of them will just have to be completely cut down.

How cold was it.....I recorded -3 at the coldest point. I had a bottle of hurricane lamp oil. It froze in my kitchen. Solid. I can honestly say I have never been quite that cold.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Alecs (24th February 2021), Bill Ryan (24th February 2021), Brigantia (28th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (24th February 2021), Gwin Ru (24th February 2021), Harmony (26th February 2021), Hym (26th February 2021), Icare (26th February 2021), justntime2learn (24th February 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st March 2021), meat suit (24th February 2021), onawah (24th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021), ulli (24th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #802
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,612 times in 20,703 posts

Default Re: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

Long Night near Mt. Etna
    2/23/21

( I wonder if anyone in that town got any sleep)
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), Gwin Ru (26th February 2021), Harmony (26th February 2021), justntime2learn (24th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (24th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021), Sunny (24th February 2021), ulli (24th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #803
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Edgar Cayce's predictions about Mt Etna erupting and Dark Journalist's take on it.
    Starting at one hour, 3 minutes into his latest talk "The State of Emergency Powers".https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-_65U9UuQ
    Mt. Etna is really blowing its top now. See: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ozjnoUfFqko
    DJ cites volcanic and asteroid activity, the lockdown, and asks is there a connection?
    He, Dr. Joseph Farrell & C.A. Fitts think so, and Cayce predicted that in the 21st Century (in a reading 270-5 from 1936), that if Vesuvius or Pelee become active, then 3 months following that, the southern coast of CA and parts of Nevada and the Great Salt Lake area will experience an inundation of earthquake activity.
    Also mentioned in connection was unrest in Syria and Iraq.
    In a follow-up reading Cayce said there will also be upheavals in the Arctic and Antarctica which will make for eruptions in the torrid areas and will result in a shifting of the poles (magnetic reversal).
    And a lifeline of land will be needed between Greenland and Canada and California.
    DJ mentioned in that context the Davis Strait (a northern arm of the Atlantic Ocean that lies north of the Labrador Sea. It lies between mid-western Greenland and Baffin Island in Nunavut, Canada).
    Cayce said that if there is volcanic activity at Mt. Etna and then in the volcanos in the South Pacific, then that is the signal beginning all the above.
    DJ says he thinks that time has arrived and this will all be covered more in the Hot Zone presentation he will be doing this weekend.

As Dutchsinse says, "Don't be scared, be prepared! " https://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse

( I don't think I've ever seen an estimation from Cayce as to how long the timeframe is within which all this would take place, and there is controversy as to how long a pole reversal might take.
    I believe scientists say there seem to have been variations in that, from what they have observed of evidence of such shifts in the past.. .)

Also posted here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1413309
    Last edited by onawah; 26th February 2021 at 05:10.
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (26th February 2021), Bill Ryan (26th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), Eva2 (27th February 2021), Gwin Ru (26th February 2021), Harmony (26th February 2021), Hym (26th February 2021), justntime2learn (26th February 2021), meat suit (26th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #804
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Here's a very strange but fascinating story. It reads like something from a Tom Clancy novel, but it's based on documented fact.

(Whether it belongs on this thread, I'm not sure! It seems pretty unlikely the missing plutonium could have broken the glacier and caused the flood.)
    Buried Nuclear Devices Caused India Flood, Villagers Say

24 February, 202

Earlier this month, huge floods in Uttarakhand, India led to over 50 deaths and hundreds of injuries. Officials blamed the flooding on a Himalayan glacier that broke, releasing a wall of water dammed up behind it. The water and debris gushed into the Ganges and swept away two hydroelectric dams. Although experts have pinned the glacier event on climate change, the residents of Raini, the village affected by the flood, have their own theory.

For decades, rumors have circulated about nuclear devices hidden in the surrounding mountains. After this month’s flood, many Raini residents concluded that these mysterious devices must have exploded. “How can a glacier simply break off in winter?” Sangram Singh Rawat, the headman of Raini, told the BBC. “We think the government should investigate and find the devices.”

Rescue workers in Uttarakhand after the flood.

Why would nuclear devices be near an Indian village? Residents maintain that they are linked to an espionage mission in the 1960s involving the CIA and some of the world’s top climbers.

Supposedly, the CIA collaborated with India to install nuclear-powered monitoring devices across the Himalaya to spy on China’s nuclear and missile tests.

In 1965, a group of world-class climbers was tasked with hauling seven plutonium capsules and surveillance equipment to the top of Nanda Devi (25,643 ft / 7,816m), India’s second-highest peak, which lies on the northeastern border with China.

Nanda Devi.

As the climbers progressed up the mountain, a blizzard forced them to retreat hurriedly. To lighten their load, they left the devices and plutonium capsules behind in a “sheltered cranny”. The following spring, the climbers returned to complete the mission, but the equipment had vanished.

Over the past 50 years, multiple teams have attempted to find the missing items. Pete Takeda, a contributing editor of Rock and Ice magazine, has written extensively on the topic. He believes that “the lost plutonium likely lies in a glacier, creeping toward the headwaters of the Ganges.”

Scientists have said that the chances of this particular plutonium isotope exploding is far-fetched. And unlike some almost eternally radioactive isotopes of plutonium, this one’s half-life is only 88 years. By the time the glacier melts and its radioactive cargo reaches the Ganges, its potency will be significantly less.

Captain Manmohan Singh Kohli, leader of the Indian team.

Although that initial expedition failed, it is a fascinating story. The American climbers in the group were asked to use a particular suntan lotion to darken their skin so they would blend in. They were also told to say that they were there to study the effects of oxygen deprivation. The porters carrying the nuclear equipment were told they were bringing treasure, possibly gold, up the mountain.

Until 1978, the mission was kept secret. That year, Outside magazine and the Washington Post both published stories revealing that the CIA had hired climbers from the recent American Everest expedition to place nuclear devices in the Himalaya to spy on the Chinese.

The U.S. carried out two further attempts in the mid-1960s to position such devices. Morarji Desai, India’s prime minister at the time that the story broke, confirmed that India and the U.S. had indeed collaborated at the “top level” to plant devices twice on Nanda Devi. He did not say whether they managed to plant the devices on the second occasion, but a later attempt to install similar monitors on a nearby lower peak did apparently succeed.

Captain Manmohan Singh Kohli led the Indian team on all occasions. When asked if he regretted taking part in an expedition that left nuclear substances in the Himalaya, Kohli, now 89, remarked, “There is no regret or happiness. I was just following orders.”

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th February 2021), Brigantia (26th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), Gwin Ru (26th February 2021), Harmony (1st March 2021), Hym (26th February 2021), justntime2learn (26th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (26th February 2021), Mark (26th February 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st March 2021), onawah (27th February 2021), Richter (26th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021), Yoda (26th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #805
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,534 times in 725 posts

EXTREME WEATHER HITS AROUND THE WORLD - 19 FEB TO 23 FEB 2021 (12:29)
    00:00​ Jordan, Snow and freezing rain, Jordan, 23 feb
    03:05​ Egypt, hailstorm, Mersa Matruh 22 feb | east suez 23 feb
    04:16​ Saudi Arabia, Hafr El Baten, heavy rain and floods, 23 feb
    06:51​ Israel, Greek Oil Tanker Caused Worst Environmental Disaster in Israeli History, 22 feb
    09:05​ USA snow accumulation, yellowstone usa, real images posted on social media by U.S. and Mexican citizens about winter storms caused by a polar vortex reaching temperatures by 20 degrees below zero.
    09:32​ NASA | Sounds of the planet Mars
    09:58​ Russia, snow avalanche risk in DAGESTAN, 17 FEB
    10:57​ Norway, Northern Lights in Tromso, 19 feb

EXTREME WEATHER HITS AROUND THE WORLD - 22 FEB TO 23 FEB 2021 (8:25)
    00:00​ Canada, Huge fireball surprises, 22 feb
    00:49​ Chicago, on Lake Michigan, a large chunk of ice came off the coast of U.S. 22 feb
    02:10​ Niagara Falls froze in strange ways
    02:32​ Mount Etna's 'incredibly powerful' eruptions, 23 feb
    06:10​ powerfull Storm in the North Atlantic
    07:01​ Sunrise captured from the frozen Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada.
    07:23​ Lake Zarzar a few days ago Al-Zabadani, Syria
    07:30​ Foam Sea Phenomenon in Cork, Ireland
    07:39​ Azerbaijan, Nearly 30 cars collide in Qardagh Baku

EXTREME WEATHER HITS AROUND THE WORLD - 23 FEB TO 24 FEB 2021 (15:25)
    00:00​ Extreme blizzards in South Ural, Russia and the Kostanay region of Kazakhstan, Dagestan
    06:54​ snow accumulation, Greece
    07:22​ landspout tornado in Pinamar, Argentina
    08:07​ 32 stranded dolphins on the beach in the shallow waters of the Bazaruto Archipelago - Vilanculos - Mozambique
    10:54​ Tanzania: Locusts invade northern region, The districts of Longido and Simanjiro are overrun by desert locusts
    14:12​ A crater of an asteroid hit on Mars with a diameter of 1.5 km, filmed from a height of 260 km
    14:42​ Iceland, the Northern Lights
    You Can't Talk and Listen at the Same Time

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Richter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th February 2021), Bluegreen (26th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), Eva2 (27th February 2021), Harmony (1st March 2021), justntime2learn (26th February 2021), Mark (26th February 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th February 2021), onawah (27th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #806
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Reykjavik Eartquake - Iminent Volcanic Eruption - Unprecedented Situation
    6,677 views•Feb 26, 2021
    Just Icelandic
    1.9K subscribers

"Danger levels are in force in Reykjanes, the capital area and in Árnessýsla due to seismic activity on the Reykjanes peninsula, where thousands of earthquakes have occurred in recent days, the largest 5.7 on Wednesday. Víðir says the message therefore applies to all those who live in the danger area, and in fact more. "People all over the country who live in earthquake zones must always be thinking about this."

No evidence of magma intrusion
    The civil defense met at noon with scientists from the University of Iceland, the Meteorological Office and representatives of municipalities in the southwest corner, as well as representatives from the electricity and telecommunications sector, where the most likely scenarios were reviewed. "It was a good meeting and a lot of information, as there were close to 130 people who came to it in one way or another," says Víðir.

He says the scenarios due to the seismic activity remain unchanged. On the one hand, the earthquakes continue measuring over five and objects can collapse from shelves or move around and cause injuries. However, there might be an even larger earthquake in the east with more impact on buildings and interior fittings. However, it is not considered likely that houses will collapse."

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    [B]
    In a follow-up reading Cayce said there will also be upheavals in the Arctic and Antarctica which will make for eruptions in the torrid areas and will result in a shifting of the poles (magnetic reversal).
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (27th February 2021), Bill Ryan (27th February 2021), Harmony (1st March 2021), Hym (28th February 2021), justntime2learn (1st March 2021), meat suit (27th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021), Sunny (28th February 2021)

13. Link to Post #807
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

Reykjavik Eartquake - Iminent Volcanic Eruption - Unprecedented Situation
    6,677 views•Feb 26, 2021
    Just Icelandic
    1.9K subscribers

"Danger levels are in force in Reykjanes, the capital area and in Árnessýsla due to seismic activity on the Reykjanes peninsula, where thousands of earthquakes have occurred in recent days, the largest 5.7 on Wednesday. Víðir says the message therefore applies to all those who live in the danger area, and in fact more. "People all over the country who live in earthquake zones must always be thinking about this."

No evidence of magma intrusion
    The civil defense met at noon with scientists from the University of Iceland, the Meteorological Office and representatives of municipalities in the southwest corner, as well as representatives from the electricity and telecommunications sector, where the most likely scenarios were reviewed. "It was a good meeting and a lot of information, as there were close to 130 people who came to it in one way or another," says Víðir.

He says the scenarios due to the seismic activity remain unchanged. On the one hand, the earthquakes continue measuring over five and objects can collapse from shelves or move around and cause injuries. However, there might be an even larger earthquake in the east with more impact on buildings and interior fittings. However, it is not considered likely that houses will collapse."

[B]
    at 2.50 -3.50 video time
    the Brunt ice shelf in antartica, size of london has broken off
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Alecs (28th February 2021), Bill Ryan (28th February 2021), Harmony (1st March 2021), Hym (28th February 2021), justntime2learn (1st March 2021), onawah (27th February 2021), Peace in Oz (28th February 2021), RunningDeer (27th February 2021), Sunny (28th February 2021)

15. Link to Post #808
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ancient relic points to a turning point in Earth's history 42,000 years ago
    19 FEB 2021
    SHERRY LANDOW
    https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/sc...2000-years-ago

"Just like in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, the answer was 42.
    This dramatic paleoclimate change – which was hallmarked with widespread auroras – could help explain other evolutionary mysteries, like the extinction of Neandertals.

The temporary breakdown of Earth’s magnetic field 42,000 years ago sparked major climate shifts that led to global environmental change and mass extinctions, a new international study co-led by UNSW Sydney and the South Australian Museum shows.

This dramatic turning point in Earth’s history – laced with electrical storms, widespread auroras, and cosmic radiation – was triggered by the reversal of Earth’s magnetic poles and changing solar winds.

The researchers dubbed this danger period the ‘Adams Transitional Geomagnetic Event’, or ‘Adams Event’ for short – a tribute to science fiction writer Douglas Adams, who wrote in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that ‘42’ was the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Read more: Earth's magnetic field broke down 42,000 years ago and caused massive sudden climate change: https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/sc...sudden-climate

The findings are published today in Science.

“For the first time ever, we have been able to precisely date the timing and environmental impacts of the last magnetic pole switch,” says Chris Turney, a professor at UNSW Science and co-lead author of the study.

A section of the ancient Ngāwhā kauri log lying on its side
    This ancient kauri tree found in Ngāwhā, New Zealand, was alive during the Adams Event. Photo: Nelson Parker (www.nelsonskaihukauri.co.nz)

“The findings were made possible with ancient New Zealand kauri trees, which have been preserved in sediments for over 40,000 years.

This ancient kauri tree found in Ngāwhā, New Zealand, was alive during the Adams Event.

“Using the ancient trees we could measure, and date, the spike in atmospheric radiocarbon levels caused by the collapse of Earth’s magnetic field.”

While scientists already knew the magnetic poles temporarily flipped around 41-42,000 years ago (known as the ‘Laschamps Excursion’), they didn’t know exactly how it impacted life on Earth – if at all.

But the researchers were able to create a detailed timescale of how Earth’s atmosphere changed over this time by analysing rings on the ancient kauri trees.

“The kauri trees are like the Rosetta Stone, helping us tie together records of environmental change in caves, ice cores and peat bogs around the world,” says co-lead Professor Alan Cooper, Honorary Researcher at the South Australian Museum.

The researchers compared the newly-created timescale with records from sites across the Pacific and used it in global climate modelling, finding that the growth of ice sheets and glaciers over North America and large shifts in major wind belts and tropical storm systems could be traced back to the Adams Event.

One of their first clues was that megafauna across mainland Australia and Tasmania went through simultaneous extinctions 42,000 years ago.

“This had never seemed right, because it was long after Aboriginal people arrived, but around the same time that the Australian environment shifted to the current arid state,” says Prof. Cooper.

The paper suggests that the Adams Event could explain a lot of other evolutionary mysteries, like the extinction of Neandertals and the sudden widespread appearance of figurative art in caves around the world.

“It’s the most surprising and important discovery I’ve ever been involved in,” says Prof. Cooper.

Watch as Stephen Fry brings to life the story of the 'Adams event'. Video: UNSW Sydney.

The perfect (cosmic) storm
    The magnetic north pole – that is, the direction a compass needle points to – doesn’t have a fixed location. It usually wobbles close to the North Pole (the northern-most point of Earth’s axis) over time due to dynamic movements within the Earth’s core, just like the magnetic south pole.

Sometimes, for reasons that aren’t clear, the magnetic poles’ movements can be more drastic. Around 41,000-42,000 years ago they swapped places entirely.

“The Laschamps Excursion was the last time the magnetic poles flipped,” says Prof. Turney. “They swapped places for about 800 years before changing their minds and swapping back again.”

Until now, scientific research has focused on changes that happened while the magnetic poles were reversed, when the magnetic field was weakened to about 28 per cent of its present-day strength.

But according to the team’s findings, the most dramatic part was the lead-up to the reversal, when the poles were migrating across the Earth.

“Earth’s magnetic field dropped to only 0-6 per cent strength during the Adams Event,” says Prof. Turney.

“We essentially had no magnetic field at all – our cosmic radiation shield was totally gone.”

During the magnetic field breakdown, the Sun experienced several ‘Grand Solar Minima’ (GSM), long-term periods of quiet solar activity.

Even though a GSM means less activity on the Sun’s surface, the weakening of its magnetic field can mean more space weather – like solar flares and galactic cosmic rays – could head Earth’s way.

“Unfiltered radiation from space ripped apart air particles in Earth’s atmosphere, separating electrons and emitting light – a process called ionisation,” says Prof. Turney.

“The ionised air ‘fried’ the Ozone layer, triggering a ripple of climate change across the globe.”

From auroras to lightning storms, the sky would have put on quite a show during the Adams Event. Photo: Unsplash.

Into the caves
    Dazzling light shows would have been frequent in the sky during the Adams Event.

Aurora borealis and aurora australis, also known as the northern and southern lights, are caused by solar winds hitting the Earth’s atmosphere.

Usually confined to the polar northern and southern parts of the globe, the colourful sights would have been widespread during the breakdown of Earth’s magnetic field.

“Early humans around the world would have seen amazing auroras, shimmering veils and sheets across the sky,” says Prof. Cooper.

Ionised air – which is a great conductor for electricity – would have also increased the frequency of electrical storms.

“It must have seemed like the end of days,” says Prof. Cooper.

The researchers theorise that the dramatic environmental changes may have caused early humans to seek more shelter. This could explain the sudden appearance of cave art around the world roughly 42,000 years ago.

“We think that the sharp increases in UV levels, particularly during solar flares, would suddenly make caves very valuable shelters,” says Prof. Cooper. “The common cave art motif of red ochre handprints may signal it was being used as sunscreen, a technique still used today by some groups.

“The amazing images created in the caves during this time have been preserved, while other art out in open areas has since eroded, making it appear that art suddenly starts 42,000 years ago.”

Uncovering ancient clues
    These findings come two years after a particularly important ancient kauri tree was uncovered at Ngāwhā, Northland.

The massive tree – with a trunk spanning over two and a half metres – was alive during the Laschamps.

“Like other entombed kauri logs, the wood of the Ngāwhā tree is so well preserved that the bark is still attached,” says UNSW’s Dr Jonathan Palmer, a specialist in dating tree-rings (dendrochronology). Dr Palmer studied cross sections of the trees at UNSW Science’s Chronos 14Carbon-Cycle Facility.

Using radiocarbon dating – a technique to date ancient relics or events – the team tracked the changes in radiocarbon levels during the magnetic pole reversal. This data was charted alongside the trees’ annual growth rings, which acts as an accurate, natural timestamp.

The new timescale helped reveal the picture of this dramatic period in Earth’s history. The team were able to reconstruct the chain of environmental and extinction events using climate modelling.

“The more we looked at the data, the more everything pointed to 42,” says Prof. Turney. “It was uncanny.

“Douglas Adams was clearly on to something, after all.”

The ancient kauri trees were key to the findings, explain Prof. Chris Turney and Prof. Alan Cooper. Video: UNSW Sydney.

An accelerant like no other
    While the magnetic poles often wander, some scientists are concerned about the current rapid movement of the north magnetic pole across the Northern Hemisphere.

“This speed – alongside the weakening of Earth’s magnetic field by around nine per cent in the past 170 years – could indicate an upcoming reversal,” says Prof. Cooper.

“If a similar event happened today, the consequences would be huge for modern society. Incoming cosmic radiation would destroy our electric power grids and satellite networks.”

Prof. Turney says the human-induced climate crisis is catastrophic enough without throwing major solar changes or a pole reversal in the mix.

“Our atmosphere is already filled with carbon at levels never seen by humanity before,” he says. “A magnetic pole reversal or extreme change in Sun activity would be unprecedented climate change accelerants.

“We urgently need to get carbon emissions down before such a random event happens again.”

This work was made possible by funding from an Australian Research Council Discovery Project Grant, support from Ngāpuhi iwi and Top Energy, the University of Waikato Radiocarbon Laboratory, and many other national and international partners."
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (28th February 2021), bennycog (1st March 2021), Bill Ryan (28th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), DeDukshyn (12th March 2021), Harmony (1st March 2021), Hym (28th February 2021), justntime2learn (1st March 2021), RunningDeer (28th February 2021), Sunny (1st March 2021)

17. Link to Post #809
    Language
    English
    Thanks

February 28, 2021, ~ Explosion ~ 桜島 Sakurajima Volcano, Japan ~ 10:00 JST
    18,447 views•Feb 27, 2021
    Volcano Time-Lapse
    6.04K subscribers

February 28, 2021, ~ Explosions ~ Volcan De Fuego, Guatemala ~ Via Crelosa
    1,204 views•Feb 28, 2021
    Volcano Time-Lapse
    6.04K subscribers

Incredible new Mt Etna eruption rains ash over Sicily, Italy 🇮🇹
    February 28 2021
    2,177 views•Feb 28, 2021
    chave weather - daily videos
    87.9K subscribers
    "Ongoing volcanic activity at Mount Etna, Sicily, Italy causes smoke to plume and ash to fall in nearby areas, such as Randazzo."
    Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (28th February 2021), avid (1st March 2021), bennycog (1st March 2021), Bill Ryan (28th February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st March 2021), Harmony (1st March 2021), justntime2learn (1st March 2021), Richter (11th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #810
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yellowstone Ready to Erupt-History Channel
    Yellowstone: Big Volcano Ready to Erupt | How the Earth Was Made (S1, E8) | Full Episode
    367,054 views•Feb 20, 2021
    HISTORY
    7.65M subscribers

(Speaking of volcanos!!
    To save you some suspense, scientists think a major eruption of the super volcano could be tomorrow--or 10,000 years from now.
    But the magma chamber is growing and the land is rising, and some central mysteries surrounding Yellowstone apparently have been answered recently. Interesting presentation! )

"Join us as we highlight the trends that have defined us from the 1920s to now in History by the Decade - https://histv.co/ByTheDecade​
    Yellowstone National Park is one of the most dangerous geological features on Earth. In trying to uncover the processes behind Yellowstone's main attractions geologists came to a frightening realization, in Season 1, Episode 8, "Yellowstone." #HowTheEarthWasMade​
    Subscribe for more from How the Earth Was Made and other great The HISTORY Channel shows:
    http://histv.co/SubscribeHistoryYT "

Last edited by onawah; 1st March 2021 at 06:54.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (1st March 2021), Bill Ryan (1st March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (9th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

21. Link to Post #811
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,801 times in 2,667 posts

Icelandic quakes and imminent eruption problems via Dutchsinse
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Alecs (1st March 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (1st March 2021), Bill Ryan (1st March 2021), Brigantia (1st March 2021), justntime2learn (1st March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (9th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd March 2021), onawah (1st March 2021), Richter (11th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

23. Link to Post #812
    Language
    English
    Thanks

7.3 quake, tsunami warning for New Zealand today
    Good, regular reporting on quakes, volcanos, signs of the Grand Solar Minimum, etc. in the updates from this source.

7.3 Quake New Zealand Coast-Head To Higher Ground!*MT. Hood Swarm*Major Volcanic Events Imminent?*
    2,842 views•Mar 4, 2021
    EEARTS
    12.1K subscribers

Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (5th March 2021), Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Harmony (5th March 2021), Richter (11th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), Sunny (5th March 2021)

25. Link to Post #813
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,400 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

do not know if this video has been published

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), gord (13th March 2021), Harmony (7th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (9th March 2021), Richter (11th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), Sunny (7th March 2021)

27. Link to Post #814
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

SOTT Earth Changes Summary - February 2021 (20:48)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Richter For This Post:

Alecs (9th March 2021), Bill Ryan (9th March 2021), Bluegreen (9th March 2021), justntime2learn (9th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

29. Link to Post #815
    Language
    English
    Thanks

52 Volcanoes ERUPTING NOW / SO2 On the RISE / Awakened Taal Volcano, Veniaminof, ICELAND Volcano
    19,566 views 3/9/21
    Morning D.E.W.
    26.9K subscribers
    March 9, 2021
    "52 ERUPTING Volcanoes NOW / SO2 On the RISE / Awakened Taal, Veniaminof, ICELAND Volcano
    Volcanic Activity Report for Second week of March 2021 Observing 52 Active and Or Erupting Volcanoes around the planet. Most Notable: Taal, Fagradalsfjall,
    Veniaminof Volcanoes. "
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (12th March 2021), Bill Ryan (10th March 2021), justntime2learn (10th March 2021), Richter (11th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

31. Link to Post #816
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

The Dimming (1:56:50)
    In particular, the film focuses on biological impacts, the area of study that is the most important and therefore roundly ignored by the geoengineers. The most extensive discussions here revolve around the Human health impacts of aluminum exposure.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Richter For This Post:

Alecs (12th March 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2021), Bluegreen (11th March 2021), Harmony (12th March 2021), justntime2learn (12th March 2021), onawah (12th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th March 2021), Sunny (11th March 2021)

33. Link to Post #817
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Time for an Ecuador update! Things have been a little apocalyptic here, and I've been witnessing some of it at first hand.

There's been a combo of unrelenting crazy-heavy rain, and an exploding volcano. The volcano — Sangay, very active — is 100 miles north of me, but this was a photo taken near there at 11 am yesterday: (darkness at noon, for real)

And here's the volcanic ash:

Headlines this morning declared:

Landslides, floods and volcanic ashfall plague the region as La Niña rains are forecast to continue

I've had no ash where I am, but the rain was heavier than I've ever known. This was the effect on the dirt road to my house:

The locals and I all worked quite hard, like a bunch of cavemen, heaving big rocks (which were strewn all over the fields) into the holes in the road. It was all looking just a bit better, almost (but not quite) navigable by a 4x4. Then it all happened again:

It was all so violent that I thought she might get swept away. So I went out in the middle of the night and was able to secure her with a heavy rope:

And she's still there this morning, now with part of a big tree wedged underneath her. But she's all totally in one piece. I think one of the rear suspension mounts is broken, but that should be easy to repair if I can get her outta there. The locals are organizing a frontloader to come in to fix up the whole situation, so I think things will be fine.

This is all trivial and local compared with many very serious situations elsewhere, but the photos were interesting and — so far! — there's no volcanic ash. These are wild times — everywhere, in every way.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th March 2021 at 12:15.

34. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (13th March 2021), Alan (12th March 2021), Alecs (12th March 2021), avid (22nd May 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (14th March 2021), Billy (18th March 2021), Chip (12th March 2021), Constance (18th March 2021), DeDukshyn (12th March 2021), gord (13th March 2021), Gracy (12th March 2021), Gwin Ru (12th March 2021), happyuk (13th March 2021), Harmony (12th March 2021), Hym (18th March 2021), Ivy23 (12th March 2021), justntime2learn (12th March 2021), kudzy (12th March 2021), Mark (12th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th March 2021), Matthew (13th March 2021), meat suit (18th March 2021), Patient (3rd January 2022), Peace in Oz (13th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), Samson (15th March 2021), Sirus (12th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th March 2021), Sunny (13th March 2021), Sunray (12th March 2021), TomKat (13th March 2021), Violet3 (14th March 2021), Yoda (12th March 2021)

35. Link to Post #818
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,882 times in 2,121 posts

Praying for all of those affected and soon to be in this multi-state multi-day tornado event.

I just heard about it and have read reports that it started 24 hours ago.

This is a live feed happening now:
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 18th March 2021 at 00:22.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

avid (22nd May 2021), Bill Ryan (18th March 2021), Billy (18th March 2021), Constance (18th March 2021), Harmony (18th March 2021), Hym (18th March 2021), onawah (18th March 2021), RunningDeer (18th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th March 2021), Sunny (18th March 2021)

37. Link to Post #819
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What's Happening? Over 52 Volcanoes Erupting Worldwide
    7,871 views•Mar 17, 2021
    Amplex
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2021), Billy (18th March 2021), Harmony (18th March 2021), justntime2learn (18th March 2021), RunningDeer (18th March 2021)

39. Link to Post #820
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Iceland Volcano Erupting
    Eruption Is Now Underway At Iceland's Fagradalsfjall Volcano, After Thousands of Recent Earthquakes
    11,018 views•Mar 19, 2021
    DAHBOO77
    468K subscribers

(I haven't seen live footage as yet, but this has been building for quite a while, so most likely it really has erupted )

"URGENT: #ICELAND​— Eruption is currently underway at the Fagradalsfjall volcano - this comes after a month of daily earthquakes in the country. (10.000+ earthquakes)-

Learn More: https://www.mbl.is/frettir/innlent/20...

Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (22nd May 2021), Bill Ryan (20th March 2021), Gwin Ru (20th March 2021), Harmony (20th March 2021), justntime2learn (20th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst 1 31 41 51 71 LastLast