+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where can I be free?

1. Link to Post #21
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Default Re: Where can I be free?

There are a few states that are more free than others. Alaska, Montana, Maine come to mind but there are others too. You can do more on your land without government regulation. Cannabis is legal in Colorado, Alaska, Washington and many other states will be likely following suit.

IMO Alaska is the most close to being a free state.
    (Insert signature here)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (8th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), TargeT (5th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)
    IMO Alaska is the most close to being a free state.
    Living there is no picnic.. I made it 13 years.. I'll never go back. & now it's economy has been GUTTED (due to low oil prices)... I don't know for sure, but I bet it's REAL ugly up there right now.

and it will be until oil breaks 80$ a barrel.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (7th October 2020), NancyV (5th September 2016), Octavusprime (5th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Who?

Quote Posted by AwakenedWarrior (here)
    I want to explore
    Who wants to explore? Who/what is this 'I'? Who/what are you? (ask your self Who am I?)
    Here's a clue......
    https://youtube.com/watch?list=PL...&v=SvmLnz18DYk

6. Link to Post #24
    Cambodia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Some years ago i went through the process of looking for a new place to call home. Left the Empire State and started traveling… While the idea of looking for freedom was not in my mind at the time, that is a very good principle by which to measure different locations.

Where i have been living, now for a few years, offers an unusual amount of freedom for foreigners (expats). For instance, tourists show up and comment all the time about how free they feel here. Previously this area was even more free but only recently have the tourists started using that word to describe it. Perhaps more people are starting to realizing how un-free most countries are.

It is interesting to notice that living as an expat, it is possible to experience more freedom than people born and raised in the same location. Remember that the job #1 of police forces and governments is to suppress their local populations. Expats are slightly outside the focus of police/government and are also not really subject to the local variety of cultural indoctrination/restrictions.

So my suggestion for AwakenedWarrior is to travel to places and evaluate them through first hand experience. Personally, i prefer Cambodia however Laos also seems like a good place to start as well.

Places i suggest avoiding include North America, Europe, the Caribbean, Thailand, Malaysia... Any country hosting US military bases seems wise to avoid as well. Since it was mentioned, i would also avoid the Hawaiian islands. They have been the testing ground for genetically modified crops for over 20 years, amongst other reasons.

Finding nature was also important for me. Another way to think of this is looking for a country that has never experienced industrial development. Both Laos and Cambodia have yet to experience large scale industry.

Overall, try to find the little backwaters of the world that the modern empire ignores. Unfortunately the internet will be of little help in this, although “reading between the lines” might offer clues.

This thread inspired me to rejoin Avalon.
    So thanks for starting the conversation and have fun searching the world.

If you do find freedom, there is an adjustment period for police-state-escapees during which it is very important not to ‘act the fool’. Because freedom also means being personally responsible for your actions ;-)
    Last edited by Sideshow Shaman; 12th October 2016 at 01:15. Reason: title corrected

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sideshow Shaman For This Post:

Franny (8th October 2020), Iloveyou (12th October 2016), The Freedom Train (12th October 2016)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Ha! Great graphic Althena! :0)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    We need to build it where we stand, or and, die trying. Otherwise at best we save ourselves and some close to us, at worst we save no one. A life under the radar, impacting no one and no thing, is nothing, it's not a life, unless you can sneek off a complete community with you.... Even wild, non contacted humans live in communal groups...

Bloom and grow either where you are planted, or where the winds of life blew you to, is my humble recommend...x... N
    So wise and true - where'er you go, there you are!

And Nasu you inspired me to add, by the way, that the real frontier right now for staking our freedom is..... IN OUR MINDS!!!! After all this is where we are being controlled, first and foremost. The body follows.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

AriG (17th April 2019), Fanna (14th October 2016), rgray222 (6th October 2020), TargeT (12th October 2016)

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

Try a Tent City. I just found myself living in one and it is exactly what everyone is talking about here in this forum-- a community. I got hella lucky with this place, but I am coming to realize that it is only this way because good souls have found their way here by the grace of a power higher than all of us.
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

Pam (15th October 2016), sunpaw (14th October 2016), TargeT (14th October 2016)

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

*bump* *bump*

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Anka (6th October 2020), Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #29
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,442 times in 1,007 posts

Some would just say, "I want to run in the world and that's it."
    Others would say in the kingdom of God, others would say London, Asia, Dubai, Brazil or an island.

I would say that anywhere we can be free but especially in the bosom of Nature where everything matters for our dreams, a clear sky and a pleasant company among other people.
    And all this to be just human.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), Wind (6th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I moved 25 miles out of DC after escaping to an isolated island for 7 years........

YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE!

Make peace with your location, unless it's a densely populated area (Inside DC, Detroit etc..._) you are fine; do not let fear dominate you.... I've gone from Alaska to St Croix USVI and now I'm in northern VA... it's all about you and your communal ties, go where you want to go and make it work (it's not hard!)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Anka (6th October 2020), Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (7th October 2020), Eva2 (7th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), gord (7th October 2020), Peace in Oz (7th October 2020), rgray222 (7th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th October 2020), Savannah (7th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), T Smith (7th October 2020), Wind (7th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I moved 25 miles out of DC after escaping to an isolated island for 7 years........

YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE!

Make peace with your location, unless it's a densely populated area (Inside DC, Detroit etc..._) you are fine; do not let fear dominate you.... I've gone from Alaska to St Croix USVI and now I'm in northern VA... it's all about you and your communal ties, go where you want to go and make it work (it's not hard!)
    Why'd you leave St. Croix?
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (7th October 2020), Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), TargeT (7th October 2020), Wind (7th October 2020)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,561 times in 32,726 posts

I'm not trying to sell Ecuador: just reminding folks it exists. (See this thread: About Ecuador)

Covid cases falling, lockdown ended, no internal travel restrictions, no shortages of anything, no chemtrails, no 5G (yet!), no fluoride in the water, fresh fruit and veg everywhere, very low cost of living. Forced vaccinations here would be very unlikely, or at least near-impossible to enforce.

It's not perfect. Nowhere may be. There are downsides. Any strategic relocation is quite a big decision. And I'd endorse what TargeT says: often, when people relocate, their personal problems and challenges accompany them. (You can never relocate from yourself!)

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Eva2 (7th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), gord (7th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), Rhogar (8th October 2020), Savannah (7th October 2020), Strat (7th October 2020), T Smith (7th October 2020), TargeT (7th October 2020), Wind (7th October 2020), Yoda (8th October 2020)

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE!

Why'd you leave St. Croix?
    for a job advancement, I still have a place there (my mom lives in my house there) and I'll keep it as a "home base" but it's too small for me at this stage in my life.

& I've never really been in a large city setting like I am close to now... it's quite the experience and I'm greatly enjoying myself so far.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    often, when people relocate, their personal problems and challenges accompany them. (You can never relocate from yourself!)

in both Alaska and St Croix there were a lot of people "running from something" or "running to something" (generally an equal weight of both).... I saw both locations chew up and spit out people who moved with that mentality.

On STX you weren't even "there" unless you made it past 6 months (turn over rate was pretty high).

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it
    Where are you?

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (7th October 2020), Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (7th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), gord (7th October 2020), justntime2learn (7th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), Strat (7th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), Sunray (8th October 2020), Wind (7th October 2020)

25. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

I've tried explaining that to an ex, it was quite apparent she was running from her problems. Unfortunately she did have very real past trauma. She came to FL from... I forget. Then she said this place sucks and she left for Carolinas. Then evidently that place sucked and last I heard she was in WA (that's more along her political spectrum). I wish her the best where ever the hell she is now.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), TargeT (7th October 2020), Wind (7th October 2020)

27. Link to Post #35
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    And I'd endorse what TargeT says: often, when people relocate, their personal problems and challenges accompany them. (You can never relocate from yourself!)

Like the old saying goes:

Quote No matter where you go
    There you are

28. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Shouldnt this thread be in the "Problems with Immigrants and Immigration" Section of the forum?

You all are clearly talking about Immigration and becoming immigrants, or at least the possibility of it.

So lets put this thread in the proper place for it in the forum shall we?

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,561 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    Shouldnt this thread be in the "Problems with Immigrants and Immigration" Section of the forum?

You all are clearly talking about Immigration and becoming immigrants, or at least the possibility of it.

So lets put this thread in the proper place for it in the forum shall we?
    Well, not necessarily. I used to live in southern England, but eventually relocated very happily to Scotland, way to the north. (Of course there I was still regarded as a kind of immigrant! )

Or, as TargeT was sharing above, he (as an American) recently moved back to the mainland US East Cast from St Croix in the Caribbean. Joel Skousen's well-known book Strategic Relocation deals predominantly with Americans relocating to new and maybe preferable areas within the US.

There are many parallels within the EU, as you'll be aware. Someone living in Germany or the Netherlands may well be interested to move to Sweden (as they freely can) — where they would very probably be warmly welcomed.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Billy (8th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (7th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), gord (7th October 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (7th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), Strat (7th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th October 2020), TargeT (7th October 2020), Tintin (7th October 2020), Yoda (8th October 2020)

31. Link to Post #38
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,345 times in 5,388 posts

Quote Posted by AwakenedWarrior (here)
    I want to explore my options of countries where I can relocate and start a life in. I currently live in the United States, and while it does have it's benefits, this lifestyle no longer resonates with me. My ideal lifestyle would be self sufficient, environmentally friendly, low cost, and naturally abundant. I prefer to be surrounded by nature, such as forests and beaches, and far from other people. My experience with the mass consciousness here in the population of NY so far, with some refreshing exceptions, is that of low vibrational being (fear and negativity), and disconnection from nature. I want to be free to grow my own food, catch my own rainwater, explore nature uninhibited, smoke cannabis as I please. I do not need anyone telling me how I should live, and do not need extreme government regulation as experienced here in the US, and would like to live a life with little government as possible. I understand there is a necessity to the extent to keep certain services available to enhance my life experience. I am willing to learn a new language if necessary. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Thank you for your time.
    I'm late to this thread, and I like the premise of the opening post. My take on the 'Where can I be free?' really isn't a geographical location. It's very much to do with where you orient within or outwith your self. Perhaps that's the answer. Where are you most comfortable with your understanding of your self may enable freedom? (It's late, and may be the best way for me right to articulate this, right now, but I think you get that )
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (7th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th October 2020), TargeT (8th October 2020)

33. Link to Post #39
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,480 times in 2,545 posts

There is quite a difference between US states, too. Some states feel much "freer" to live in, even now.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Franny (8th October 2020), Peace in Oz (15th October 2020), TargeT (8th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2