1. Link to Post #61
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: The Disillusionment of Americans

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    I don't think this is the case because in Syria, the two factions involved here have been killing each other and really fighting to the death. I mean the CIA-backed factions against the Pentagon factions, and they have been exchanging some barbed words about it as well. Not to mention Obama's sacking of hundreds of career military officers and lots of other things I could recount, that this is a real struggle.
    Good point.
    Though, on second thought, this might be working at a couple of levels.

The Republican politicians attacking Trump are likely, as you say, in a real struggle for their power and position, and likely view Trump as a serious threat.

But the Puppet Master Bastards who pull those politicians strings may well be expecting and content to have those attacks be publicly visible, as part of this act in their good vs evil drama, one act of many such.
    The first problem I'd have with that theory is that I don't believe that all politicians and other influential people are all controlled by the same faction and are all ultimately working towards the same agenda. I think there are legitimate factional differences, and I mentioned those above, in regards to the CIA and Pentagon in particular.

I'm a bit slow today. I was reading through this thread a little more carefully than before and didn't remember that I'd already responded here until I scrolled down to my own posts.

Anyway, the racist stuff is really sickening.

People need to really listen to what Morgan Freeman says here:

Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 2nd October 2016 at 01:53.

2. Link to Post #62
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 139,010 times in 21,568 posts

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    The first problem I'd have with that theory is that I don't believe that all politicians and other influential people are all controlled by the same faction and are all ultimately working towards the same agenda. I think there are legitimate factional differences, and I mentioned those above, in regards to the CIA and Pentagon in particular.
    It's layers, all the way down .

There are legitimate factional differences.

There are more deep seated and powerful entities, "elite bastards", who manipulate, create, and destroy such differences.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2016), Cara (2nd October 2016), Curiosity (3rd October 2016)

4. Link to Post #63
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

At the end of the day it comes down to love or fear. If there are layers then the top layer for me is the inherent intelligence of the universe itself, at a more fundamental level than any human being or even extraterrestrial. Do I believe that the universe has sinister intentions? No. Do I believe that the universe has "good" intentions? Not necessarily. I don't know that the universe really cares in that sense. Everything seems to be allowed. We, all of us together and the rocks and trees and planets and stars and empty space, all make up the universe as we know it. We all have power and we are all our own "layer," and we co-create this reality.

If enough people were in agreement to get something done, all working together, then we could be the top "layer" on Earth. Why not?

In other words I basically think that the idea of a sinister conspiracy at the "highest" level on Earth is disempowering and really doesn't do justice to the complexity of the situation and the responsibility that we each have individually for our own lives.

But aside from that I also believe that world politics are similarly complex and factional and have been throughout history. Saying that there is a war between "good and evil" sounds too simplistic to me but I think the underlying idea has some truth to it, somehow, somewhere, but we are all making this reality collectively. We should empower ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4